Ideal Protein Diet - for those ordering off nashua: bar flavours?

Porthardygurl
07-23-2011, 01:30 AM
What bars have you tried and which ones do you like or do you find tastes like a treat or a chocolate bar the most? I want to order some but just not sure which ones to order..cause i want them to taste good.

Bellamack
07-24-2011, 01:41 PM
the chocolate mint tastes like Girl Scout thin mint cookies. :)

Lone Loser
07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
I just ordered the variety pack (not the cripsy ones) from Heathy Smart through Nashua -- thought that would be a good way to try a variety of bars. The website states that you may not get all of the choices -- but it's better than being stuck with a bunch of bars that you may not like. Just a thought.

disgal
07-24-2011, 04:42 PM
the chocolate mint tastes like Girl Scout thin mint cookies. :)

NOOOOOOO!!!! YUM!!! Guess I'll be ordering some of those!! Darn!! LOL!!!:D

calee
07-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I have both the Peanut Butter and the Caramel Crisp. They both taste like candy bars. The Peanut Butter is the closest to a Reece cup that I've ever had in a high protein bar.

Can we eat those on Phase 1? I'm just starting tomorrow with alternative products. I need all the help I can get.

Purrfect
07-24-2011, 09:21 PM
I use the peanut butter and really like it; the carmel with white choc on the outside is really good. Has not been an issue on phase one, but it counts as your one restricted for the day.

Bellamack
07-24-2011, 11:03 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!! YUM!!! Guess I'll be ordering some of those!! Darn!! LOL!!!:D

It's true :)

the wonder cat
07-24-2011, 11:22 PM
I can vouch for the "Peanut Butter" and "Caramel Nut" Healthsmart bars.
PB has 12 g carbs, 15 g protein
CN has 12 g carbs, 12 g protein

When you order over $29 at Nashua Nutrition, you get 3 samples of their products. I just got a sample "Chocolate-Covered Peanut" bar, which was really delicious, but it has 20 g carbs, 14 g protein (I ate it as my 'packet' with my lunch salad just before my workout. I won't have it again until part of maintenance as the carbs are too high. But it was yummy)

calee
07-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I use the peanut butter and really like it; the carmel with white choc on the outside is really good. Has not been an issue on phase one, but it counts as your one restricted for the day.

Thanks for the info!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I can vouch for the "Peanut Butter" and "Caramel Nut" Healthsmart bars.
PB has 12 g carbs, 15 g protein
CN has 12 g carbs, 12 g protein

When you order over $29 at Nashua Nutrition, you get 3 samples of their products. I just got a sample "Chocolate-Covered Peanut" bar, which was really delicious, but it has 20 g carbs, 14 g protein (I ate it as my 'packet' with my lunch salad just before my workout. I won't have it again until part of maintenance as the carbs are too high. But it was yummy)

When I get those sample, and check on the Nashua website BEFORE eating it.... if it is a bar high in carbs like that, I cut it up into small pieces and put in freezer. Then if once in a while I need a 'bit of chocolate' or sweetness, I just steal ONE piece... just an idea