Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default Unplanned cheating

Hi, I am brand new to this site and am considering IP. I need to lose over 100 pounds. I have been comparing IP to another high-protein low-carb plan called Go Figure here in Montana. I struggle with following any "diet" because most are so restrictive. I'm not planning to start this plan and cheat on purpose, but if a person just gave in and did cheat one day, how bad is that? Or is there enough variety in flavors that the craving for chocolate etc would be minimal?
duckyduckydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyduckydoo View Post
Hi, I am brand new to this site and am considering IP. I need to lose over 100 pounds. I have been comparing IP to another high-protein low-carb plan called Go Figure here in Montana. I struggle with following any "diet" because most are so restrictive. I'm not planning to start this plan and cheat on purpose, but if a person just gave in and did cheat one day, how bad is that? Or is there enough variety in flavors that the craving for chocolate etc would be minimal?
Hello ducky, I am new, just ended week 1, but I think from all my coach and reading/participating on the other threads, the cheating 1 day will be a big set back on this plan since it works on shutting down insulin production and putting you into ketosis (similar to Atkins). It is restrictive to sweets, they do have Chocolate drinks, puddings, bars that you can have as your IP foods. HOpe this helps.
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #3  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
i've been on this plan for a little over 6 months, i've lost 86 lbs and i've never really felt the need to cheat. it's tough for the first couple of weeks, but i think the plan is really easy to stick to. the food is good, and there are a lot of sweet items so i've never really needed real chocolate or other candies and ice creams. this plan, however, is very restrictive and it is quite important that you don't cheat (it will set you back a few days and quite a bit of money... plus i hear that once you cheat it is really hard to get back on track and much easier to cheat more in the future). This plan really really works (coming from someone who has never been able to lose more than 20 lbs on any other diet, or by hitting the gym pretty hard), but it requires a very strict commitment. i would suggest not starting until you are completely ready and willing to do whatever it takes to get the extra weight off... otherwise it will be a waste of your money and time.

good luck!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #4  

Thank you for your responses Josey and Laura. I just realized that asking about cheating when first starting off on any new weight loss journey is probably not the best approach LOL. Would an appetite suppressant be allowed on this plan or is it included?
duckyduckydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #5  

Quote:
Thank you for your responses Josey and Laura. I just realized that asking about cheating when first starting off on any new weight loss journey is probably not the best approach LOL. Would an appetite suppressant be allowed on this plan or is it included?
my clinic does not sell (it is at my chiropractor's office and the do NO pain killers, everything they do is all natural which was why they support this program). I can tell you I have not been hungry, few posts I read have that , the opposite, though, having to get in 4 cups veggies and IP food packets twice a day. It is suppose to surpress the hunger as you are getting all that your body needs. (someone correct me if I am wrong here).
Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #6  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
it's not allowed or included, however, your appetite will be naturally suppressed in a few weeks. for the first few months i was having a lot of trouble eating all of my food every day because i was not hungry at all. you will find that you will have tons of energy a few weeks into ketosis and you will not be hungry. in the mean time, to get through it, i suggest eating as much lettuce as you'd like whenever you are hungry. also, most coaches allow a 4th packet for the first week to help curb hunger. i find that sauteeing lettuce like spinach works really well, as hot foods keep your satiated longer, and making the puddings into shakes by doubling the water also helps keep you full longer. the amount of water that is required to drink on this plan also helps keep you really full.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
it's not allowed or included, however, your appetite will be naturally suppressed in a few weeks. for the first few months i was having a lot of trouble eating all of my food every day because i was not hungry at all. you will find that you will have tons of energy a few weeks into ketosis and you will not be hungry. in the mean time, to get through it, i suggest eating as much lettuce as you'd like whenever you are hungry. also, most coaches allow a 4th packet for the first week to help curb hunger. i find that sauteeing lettuce like spinach works really well, as hot foods keep your satiated longer, and making the puddings into shakes by doubling the water also helps keep you full longer. the amount of water that is required to drink on this plan also helps keep you really full.
i have struggled eating the total amount of veggies, so now use veggies that shrink while cooking (spinach, zuchinni, etc....) my coach says it is precooked measurement.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I had never heard of Go Figure before. I found a site in Bozeman? I am from Billings. I know the office that I go to has one in Bozeman also. I am not sure how many IP clinics there are in Bozeman, but if it is associated with the one here, they don't accept it if you continuously cheat. That being said, I had a couple bad weeks traveling and they didn't kick me off the program.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #9  
Start Date 6/30/2011

S/C/G: 229/218/175

Height: 5'

Smile Not So Bad

I just completed week 3 on the IP plan. I am down 11 pounds. What keeps me from cheating? The melting pounds! When I get a craving I just think..."No, that could be a pound I wouldn't lose next week."

The food choices offer great variety. It's not like you have to drink a chocolate protein shake after chocolate protein shake.

And this forum has been a great resource. You will find so many creative ways to change it up and still stay on track!
Brandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

This is definitely a "No Cheat" diet, but if you can make it through the 1st week, you will feel so much better and the results should help keep you on track. I am not saying that it is "easy" per say, but it does get easier and the longer you can go without cheating, the better you feel about yourself and as the fat keeps melting away, it just gets better and better!

It is also not good for your body to go in and out of ketosis- it is very stressful. Which is the main reason for the no cheat rule. You want to keep your pancreas at rest and slowly wake it up in phases 3 & 4. If you cheat, it is like waking up your pancreas to fire alarm going off or your phone ringing in the middle of the night, and that is not good.

As far as sweets, there are plenty of sweet options that should help keep you on track since that sounds like your downfall. There is chocolate pudding which can be made as pudding, into a shake/smoothie or pudding cake (there is a thread with the recipe). There are also (2) chocolate drinks. There is one that is already premixed that you keep in the fridge which is really tasty and one that is a packet. If you mix the packet and then heat the drink up, it tastes like a luxurious hot chocolate. SO YUMMY! There are also several bars, which are restricted to 1x per day, but the have a caramel nut bar which is similar to a snickers and there is chocolate peanut butter. I haven't tried the choco PB but I am looking to get it this week. They also have chocolate soy puffs and peanut butter soy puffs. If you like chocolate & pb, you can take a bag of each and mix half and half (for 2 snacks) and it is like eating Reese's. Both are good by themselves as well. There are loads of other options, but since you specifically mentioned chocolate, I thought I would point out those foods.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote