Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning all and happy Friday! Had a great workout last night and have a 55 minute session tonight that I am really looking forward to!

Had my first IP product this morning that I did not enjoy. I bought the chocolate pancake/muffin mix. Made it as pancakes and found them to be super yuck. Maybe less water next time. I will try them as a muffin this weekend. MUCH prefer the non restricked crispy cereal pancake. Live and learn!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
My work slacks are getting baggy and sloppy looking. I dug into the back of the closet and pulled out 2 suits that I bought in may of 2006 that were just a little small then. I bought them and said that I'd take the tags off when they fit. Well Last night I took the tags off. They fit perfectly. New work clothes!
Yay! Way to go!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All,

Today is my official 3 week weigh-in. My home scale is the same as at the clinic and it is a total of 11.4 lbs. Not bad for 3 weeks, just a little concerned about the 3-5 lbs/wk that they advertise. The only time I lost more than 2 lbs was the first week and that happens on every diet. hmmmm. Maybe a big loss is coming in week 4. I have not cheated once and I have quite a bit to lose, so I expected a little more. I do have a faulty thyroid and take Synthroid, so I guess I should expect to be a sloooowwww loser. Very Happy to be losing.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
My work slacks are getting baggy and sloppy looking. I dug into the back of the closet and pulled out 2 suits that I bought in may of 2006 that were just a little small then. I bought them and said that I'd take the tags off when they fit. Well Last night I took the tags off. They fit perfectly. New work clothes!
Woohoo to shopping in your closet!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning All,

Today is my official 3 week weigh-in. My home scale is the same as at the clinic and it is a total of 11.4 lbs. Not bad for 3 weeks, just a little concerned about the 3-5 lbs/wk that they advertise. The only time I lost more than 2 lbs was the first week and that happens on every diet. hmmmm. Maybe a big loss is coming in week 4. I have not cheated once and I have quite a bit to lose, so I expected a little more. I do have a faulty thyroid and take Synthroid, so I guess I should expect to be a sloooowwww loser. Very Happy to be losing.
My week 3 was a ZERO loss and then week 4 was 5.5 loss. I just say hang in there, and with your thyroid condition, things could be slower for you.

Last edited by sandyh50; 07-22-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
Morning all and happy Friday! Had a great workout last night and have a 55 minute session tonight that I am really looking forward to!

Had my first IP product this morning that I did not enjoy. I bought the chocolate pancake/muffin mix. Made it as pancakes and found them to be super yuck. Maybe less water next time. I will try them as a muffin this weekend. MUCH prefer the non restricked crispy cereal pancake. Live and learn!
I was given this packet from a friend. I use alternatives and have no clue how to make the muffins but she says they are yummy. I was going to have them tomorrow morning instead of a shake since I have more time on the weekends. How do you make the muffins?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #22  

A couple more things:
1. WHOEVER invented the Big Mac in a bowl... I am on my knees thanking you, what a treat!

2. My clinic (like the above poster) opens all different boxes and you pick what you want. Someone mentioned that they could not sell as "individual" packets per some regulation or law. My coach just puts all my different packs into a box ( 7 per box) and scans that box and that makes everyone happy. Maybe you could suggest this at your clinic, it keeps the book-keeping ligit and the customer HAPPY!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #23  

Quote:
Good Morning All,

11.4 is still in that 3-5 a week range. Don't get down. Have you ever lost 11.4 in 3 weeks on anything else?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #24  

1. WHOEVER invented the Big Mac in a bowl... I am on my knees thanking you, what a treat!

I agree! Love it. Even off of IP I think it's a great meal.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-22-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #25  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Good morning everyone from Rainy Edmonton, this weekend is our Indy Race, hopefully the track is dry on Sunday for it. I can hear the cars from my house...It is the start of our Exhibition week, I use to love going to just walk around and have the things that can't be spoken of here.... miss that a bit but haven't gone for quite a few years but alway hit the "Taste of Edmonton" but will also miss that this year as they rarely have anything that fits IP, there is always next year. I must say I love losing weight more than I miss the other stuff. I am doing a stay at home vacation this year. Haven't decided what to do other than long walks with my dogs. Want to clean and do yard work if it ever stops raining. Might paint one of my bedroom walls, I have a sticker/decal that says DREAM on it so I thought that would be perfect over my bed... Yep I might do that. Going to a Goodbye party tonight for one of our Agility friends so I should have fun there, have made a nice broccoli salad and plan making some squares for it as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend and remember drink lots of water, especially those of you in the heatwave places... Take care my friends and have a good one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
OK, my day is is here....WI #1 @ 10:30......put exact same clothes on today that I had on the day I started (silly right?). anywhooooo. interested to see what happens. Also going to ask about WF products and splenda, those seem to be the biggest discrepencies from our posts..... Now have to decide which 3 boxes I have to buy will miss my variety. Had IP Wildberry yogurt today, it was yummy....... da da dahhhhhhhhhh.......the big moment looms, hope I am not building it up too much, but read to change my weight on my profile like the rest of you peeps.....not weighing myself at home.
Your first weigh in is so exciting because you know you have been doing the program and you just can't believe it works this good. Good luck and if you can afford it buy 4 boxes, for a couple of weeks then you have a little bit of a choice on what to have. I did that when mine clinic went to the box format and it seems to work good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning. I will have to go back and read the last couple pages of yesterday's post because I was gone all night.

Having a bittersweet day. I just bought some capris in May with some bday money I had been saving. I didn't want to get them in April cause I KNEW I'd lose weight. Well, I didn't lose a thing in a month so I bite the bullet and just bought them. They are super cute and were buy one get one half off so I got a couple of great pairs of capris for $60. They were a little snug but I wasn't going up a size (stubborn) and I figured about 10 pounds and they'd fit nice. Well, I wore a pair a couple days ago and they fit sooooo much better. I even had to keep pulling them up. Today I'm wearing the other, this one fit better off the bat than the others (different brand) and I'm walking out of them. Let me tell you how dang comfy they are! I feel like I'm not wearing pants! I'll pull them up over and over for awhile because they are cute and new. Kinda makes me sad since I do love them but then I think about how cute the smaller ones would look if I like these.
That is why I haven't bought anything in a regular store, I go to goodwill or value village or consignment stores, then when you shrink it isn't so hard getting rid of your clothes. I return them to where I bought them for the next person to use them. It is like shedding your fat, you shed your clothes for the better.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
11.4 is still in that 3-5 a week range. Don't get down. Have you ever lost 11.4 in 3 weeks on anything else?
No I have Not! and that is why I am still Happy to be losing, just fearful it will slow down even more and well, to be perfectly honest, it is costly $$ and I don't know how long I can keep up an extra ~$380/month, since hubby's car has 350,000 miles on it. lol. He loves that car, but I know it is gonna die soon.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #27  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

*sigh*

Week five weigh in was this morning. I did not lose a pound. I did, however, go down an inch (half inch in my waist and half in my hips). I have been um..backed up so I bought the NoviLax. I am really discouraged right now because I did really well last week (despite the stomach virus and the crackers which had the same carbs as a restricted). I also swam like a beast for two days. My coach said that its probably because I am having bathroom issues and also exerted myself too much. I have a hard time believing thats the only issue...I guess I am just worried I won't get down to the mid-160s by August 18th (the day I leave for my vacation). I could use some encouragement... not trying to be whiny just bummed!

Hope everyone has a great week/end. I am hoping to take some time to relax with the hubby and see if it cools down....ugh, Illinois is beastly hot!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #28  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

So... my brilliant "I'll use a drycleaner hanger to help me pull the zipper of my dress up all by myself" idea fell flat on its head when I realized that my fantastic new dress doesn't have a hole in the zipper pull. Sigh... After about 5 minutes, I managed to push it far enough up my back that I could reach it from above... I was late to work because of it... Happy Friday everyone!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #29  

Quote:
No I have Not! and that is why I am still Happy to be losing, just fearful it will slow down even more and well, to be perfectly honest, it is costly $$ and I don't know how long I can keep up an extra ~$380/month, since hubby's car has 350,000 miles on it. lol. He loves that car, but I know it is gonna die soon.
I totally understand the money thing. That's what I'm doing things my way. I told my hubby I would do it this way until I stop seeing results and then I'm going to think about paying full price for the IP food if I get stuck down the line. Good luck with the car. I had one like that. When I quit driving it my hubby kept driving it until there was no more drive left in it and he entered it in a demolition derby just to get everything out of it he could.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
*sigh*

Week five weigh in was this morning. I did not lose a pound. I did, however, go down an inch (half inch in my waist and half in my hips). I have been um..backed up so I bought the NoviLax. I am really discouraged right now because I did really well last week (despite the stomach virus and the crackers which had the same carbs as a restricted). I also swam like a beast for two days. My coach said that its probably because I am having bathroom issues and also exerted myself too much. I have a hard time believing thats the only issue...I guess I am just worried I won't get down to the mid-160s by August 18th (the day I leave for my vacation). I could use some encouragement... not trying to be whiny just bummed!

Hope everyone has a great week/end. I am hoping to take some time to relax with the hubby and see if it cools down....ugh, Illinois is beastly hot!
I'd also like to lose about 15 pounds by August 18th. That's my anniversary and I'd like to be half way by then. We can do this! (Or at least get close if we stay 100% OP.)
Closed Thread