Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/192/170

Height: 5'7"

Question Ate some peanuts today

I'm on the IP diet and I forgot to pack my snacks today so I had a handle of peanuts. Will that mess up the ketosis levels?
hyoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Don't make a habbit of this. But I think there are many other things you could have had that would have been far worse. Peanuts are probably one of the best options you could have selected.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyoder View Post
I'm on the IP diet and I forgot to pack my snacks today so I had a handle of peanuts. Will that mess up the ketosis levels?
Hey I feel you....I am on day 7 and have had about 20 peanuts over the last 7 days....what is it about peanuts and peanut butter, lots of posts include craving/eating them

I think you will be okay..... remember, plan, plan, plan, plan......
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #4  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Peanuts should not alter ketosis, no nuts really should unless they are honey coated!! It's the fat in them that keeps them off phase one of IP. It will slow your loss but it should not kick you out of ketosis at all.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Peanuts should not alter ketosis, no nuts really should unless they are honey coated!! It's the fat in them that keeps them off phase one of IP. It will slow your loss but it should not kick you out of ketosis at all.
My husband's stash of peanuts kept staring at me today, but I didn't give in.
Like the other's have said, peanuts are protein and should not affect ketosis.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #6  

Which is better if you do have a slip, to go over fat and stay in ketosis or introduce carbs?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

My understanding is it is better to go over on fat. The last thing you want to do is keep going in and out of ketosis. It may not effect your weight loss, but it is very stressful on the body and pancreas to go in and out of ketosis. That is why they say "no cheating". Because realistically, if your calories are low enough, like they are on IP, you would still lose weight.

There are definitely times I go over on fat because of circumstances. When I eat out, I usually get a salad with protein and get dressing on the side. It has more fat than the dressing I would use at home, but for the occasional meal out, I do not worry about it. I use the dressing sparingly, but I am not going to go crazy over it.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
My understanding is it is better to go over on fat. The last thing you want to do is keep going in and out of ketosis. It may not effect your weight loss, but it is very stressful on the body and pancreas to go in and out of ketosis. That is why they say "no cheating". Because realistically, if your calories are low enough, like they are on IP, you would still lose weight.

There are definitely times I go over on fat because of circumstances. When I eat out, I usually get a salad with protein and get dressing on the side. It has more fat than the dressing I would use at home, but for the occasional meal out, I do not worry about it. I use the dressing sparingly, but I am not going to go crazy over it.
Thanks jenny, and your loss has been steady, so you are doing good....