Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/365/180

Height: 6'

Default This Rooster needs to get back on track.

I'm excited to find such a large group of supportive people. I'm finally ready to make this time the last time I start again

If you'll indulge me, I'd like to post my story which I feature on my blog. It feels awkward to have it out there for everyone to see, but I have no other choice. If I don't change now, I'm afraid of what my future holds.

Thanks for listening, and I wish all of us the best luck in acheiving our goals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

350. 350 lbs. 159 kg. No matter how you wrap it up, it’s still one big package.

I told myself I’d never get this big; I’m sure every fat person does the same thing. I promised that it would never get this bad. I said “no” to 250 lbs. I shouted “not again” when I reached 280 lbs. At 300 lbs I begged all the forces of nature to stop conspiring against me. It’s taken many years, but I’ve figured out that the only conspiracy is a conspiracy of one; I am the problem. Today is the day I take charge of my life. Today is the day I break the cycle.

I really don’t know what my underlying problem is. Sure I eat too much, drink too much, and I don’t do a lick of exercise anymore, but I still can’t figure it out. Okay, now that it’s in black and white it’s glaringly obvious why I’m fat, but why can’t I just stop eating? I watch enough of those shows where they get some fat person on camera, and after a monster training session they break down, and open up about what deep secret lead to their emotional eating. I don’t think I have any of those things. I wasn’t abused. I didn’t have drug-addled parents. I didn’t live my life on the streets. Sure, my parents separated when I was young, but so have around 50% of North American couples. Really then, what the &*^% is my problem?

I have tried everything, and I have been trying for a LONG time. I remember being 10 or so, and going to meetings for fat people. My family even offered me $10/lb for every bit of weight I lost. Let’s just say I didn’t get rich. Many times throughout my life I’ve lost 50-60 or more pounds only to gain it back again within a year. My goal is to do things differently this time. I’m going to try something new, and this story is my something new.

I’m not a great writer (I’m not even good), and I’m not the most interesting person in print, but I want to use my blog to tell my story. I want people out there to know that they are not alone, and in doing so I guess I’ll come to understand that I am not alone either.

I appreciate this opportunity to share with you, and I would equally appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.

Jason
KingBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #2  
Sara

S/C/G: 210/190/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jason, welcome to 3FC!
MaineFiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Jason and Welcome to 3FC =)

We'd love to help support and encourage you on your journey just as we do for every member!

I noticed you found the 300+ Club, but there's also a Men's Corner and plenty of other roosters around

Join the threads! Post wherever you're comfortable! Can't wait to see you around the boards along your journey
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Having the support of so many people really helps in weight loss, along with writing down what you eat everyday. You can do this, and we're glad you're here to be part of the team!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #5  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Welcome to 3FC

Welcome to the forums. I think you should be proud of yourself, it takes a lot of courage to let people see you as you are, it is not easy to admit what you did and put it in writing and I admire you so much for doing that. There are a lot of good people on these forums and they can help encourage you on your weight loss journey. May God bless you with success.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and best of luck to you!
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #7  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jason and welcome aboard! I am new here too and finding out already that having an outlet like this one, with like-minded goals, makes this sooo much easier. This is terrific support and a chance to talk it out when ya need to... or celebrate (and everyone truly celebrates with you, it's amazing!) Hope to see you around the boards! ~Star
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote