Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 21

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 21

M0vingon
07-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.htm), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program
whoosh fairy = big loss one day after not having lost for a while

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf), The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

M0vingon
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
:cp:Yay! I know what day it is!:cp: Thursday is my last day of work, so I've been looking forward to Thursday since Monday :)

I'm still hanging in there. My PMS is raging. I feel crazy. This is not typical for me. I yelled at the BluRay remote last night- like seriously... the kids were looking at me like I was totally insane. :o I don't know why I'm having this, but I dislike it.

NSV for me last night- kind of: I had to do some emergency rushing around after work last night and the kids were starving (as was I). After I got done what I needed, I promised them a "treat" for supper and they chose Wendy's. I used to like Wendy's- the one near me has better food than most fast food restaurants. I thought I would order myself a salad, but there really wasn't anything that didn't have off plan ingredients. I ended up going home and making myself a chicken and veggie stirfry. I was so pleased with my food and for not settling for junky fast food. And I didn't even consider wanting a french fry. I was so pleased.

Have a great day, everyone!

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 09:16 AM
:cp:Yay! I know what day it is!:cp: Thursday is my last day of work, so I've been looking forward to Thursday since Monday :)

I'm still hanging in there. My PMS is raging. I feel crazy. This is not typical for me. I yelled at the BluRay remote last night- like seriously... the kids were looking at me like I was totally insane. :o I don't know why I'm having this, but I dislike it.

NSV for me last night- kind of: I had to do some emergency rushing around after work last night and the kids were starving (as was I). After I got done what I needed, I promised them a "treat" for supper and they chose Wendy's. I used to like Wendy's- the one near me has better food than most fast food restaurants. I thought I would order myself a salad, but there really wasn't anything that didn't have off plan ingredients. I ended up going home and making myself a chicken and veggie stirfry. I was so pleased with my food and for not settling for junky fast food. And I didn't even consider wanting a french fry. I was so pleased.

Have a great day, everyone!

Way to go at Wendys! I went shopping for 5 hours the other night and my kids were starving when we were done so I swung through a drive thru for them (home is 35 minutes from where we were shopping)and I cooked my dinner when I got home. I would've rather had fast food myself because I was also super hungry and not really in the mood to cook after working 8 hours and shopping 5. I guess we do what we gotta do! That's probably what got us here in the first place.

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Weighed in this morning. Was down 3.6 for the week which brought me to 15.4 in 4 weeks. That is .4 over my goal for the month so that's great. (Only 44.4 to go!) Is 10 a month a realistic goal after the first month? That's what I want to shoot for but we all know that no matter what we do, sometimes our bodies don't cooperate. I also lost 11 inches this month so I'm right on track there too.

Last night I had an aha moment. The girls had been at a bday party and had left their favor bags full of candy on the counter while at bible school. Everytime I walked through the kitchen I caught myself wanting to grab a piece. I had to stop and think EVERYTIME! I wasn't hungry. I didn'tcrave it. It honestly didn't even look good. Just habit I suppose. That lead me to wonder how many calories I was eating mindlessly before. I so could've accidentally cheated had I not actually thought about it. We used to always have things on the counter (peanut m&ms are my fav to have in a candy dish on the counter) and we all just grab a handful when we are in the kitchen. Sometimes we may have even made a special trip to the kitchen just to grab from the candy dish. Nobody was home so I could've gotten away with it. I kept repeating, "What you eat in private shows in public." And I had to remember Iam doing this for me, not those who weren't home or anyone else. So glad I cought myself and had a great weigh in this morning!

Pxlkitty4
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I just weighed myself and the scale said 153.5! I won't record it, since my official WI day is Monday and I only ever record what my coach's scale says... But, this means 1) I'm past my original goal, and 2) I've lost more than 50lbs!!! I'm down 51lbs since starting IP, and 63.5lbs from my non-pregnant heaviest weight.

Here's to a good day. Goals for the day:

If I am hungry, I will eat.
I will not stress about food today...
I will prepare things now so that my day is sane, on program, and delicious.

We have an all-hands meeting tomorrow. I will see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time. I will be wearing my new DKNY dress that I found at a consignment store. I need to find a cute little cardigan to go with it, so that I don't freeze in the room.

Envy, envy, envy that you are done working today... Oh, and I'm sure it was the remote's fault. It always is...

THIS is what the plan is about. Knowing how to deal when you are faced with a situation like this. Congratulations!

cadenlevi
07-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Yea for all the NSV so far this morning!!! I had one as well last night. We went to the grossest place on the planet for dinner last night (Golden Corral). The only thing there normally worth eating is their rolls.......and dessert bar Well, I had a large romaine lettuce salad with grilled chicken on top, I brought my own dressing, and had two cups of steamed zuchinni. While everyone else was eating bananna pudding, raspberry cheesecake, apple cobbler and ice cream - I was still munching on my zuchinni. I didn't even WANT a dessert. That's huge for me considering I flubbed up this past Sunday and ate some ice cream.

I think today is going to continue to be good as the rest of my week was. I am feeling better today so hopefully I'm over this sinus infection. Tomorrow is WI#3 for me. I hope to be down a couple pounds which would be good considering my oopsie on Sunday. Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!!! :flow1:

MInewgoal
07-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I just weighed myself and the scale said 153.5! I won't record it, since my official WI day is Monday and I only ever record what my coach's scale says... But, this means 1) I'm past my original goal, and 2) I've lost more than 50lbs!!! I'm down 51lbs since starting IP, and 63.5lbs from my non-pregnant heaviest weight.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Awesome Job PxlKitty! You are such an inspiration to everyone.
Keep up the good work!!

Fast food info
So..my niece was on this diet too for a little while, she has since fallen off the plan, but that's neither here nor there. One day when she was traveling with her mom, they drove through McDonalds. Well she was starved..but what can you eat there? Well her mom ordered her just a chicken breast!!! You DON"T have to order the sandwhich and throw away the bun..You CAN just order the breast (usually served with one piece of lettuce and a tomatoe) and it's cheaper then the sandwhich. I hope that helps someone along the way!

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM

I am jealous! Would love to be at 153! How many weeks have you been on IP to lose the 51 pounds? Nevermind....if I would've looked closer I'd see it says 20! ;) Congrats! I bet you will be down even more Monday!

JoAnne9597
07-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Good morning everyone! I haven't been on for a few days, it's been a crazy summer here. Now that I'm back at work I can't seem to find time to do the little things that I enjoyed. I'm still OP. Down another 1.6 lbs yesterday but up in inches everywhere but down 1.5 on my hips, that's where it matters right now..lol. But TOM is also here so I know that will all change in the next few days. I actually went on the scale this morning and I was down 2 lbs in 1 day so I'm happy with that.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'll catch up with the previous posts and see what everybody has been up to. Hope you're all keeping cool with lots water. Have a great day!

Wrecky
07-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Morning.

Thought I'd share an email from my friend's coach. She sends one out weekly.

Hello Everyone! What a fabulous week so far! I am loving this summer weather, and am looking forward to camping next week with my family.
Sometimes sticking to your diet program on the weekend isn't always as easy as it is during the week. We seem to be more scheduled during the week and we are more relaxed on the weekend.

Can you relate to this desperate dieter's dilemma?

"I'm pretty good about my diet and exercise program during the week. But when the weekend comes, all of that hard work goes out the window! I constantly find myself 'starting over' every Monday morning. How do I get out of this unproductive cycle?!"

One reason weekends are so difficult is that you fall out of your regular daily routines. There are always potlucks, dinners, dates and family gatherings, where trouble is lurking in the form of buffet lines or rich desserts. Weekend menus can also be more difficult to plan - and without a plan, you're more likely to stray from the healthy habits you have been working so hard to develop.

The "Weekend Survival Guide" is designed to help your diet survive those dreaded weekends. Keep it with you - in your purse, in the car - wherever you go. The checklist and helpful tips can keep you focused and on track. Meanwhile, the inspirational quotes can give you a boost of well-timed motivation. If nothing else, remember this: when you start feeling the temptation to slip, ask yourself how you will feel about your decisions once Monday morning rolls around.

TIPS FOR TURNING AWAY TEMPTATION

Plan family activities like bike rides or outdoor games. This helps you spend time with your family and burn calories all at once!

Carry a water bottle with you to your weekend activities. This will help you get your water for the day and resist the temptation to reach for a soda or other caffeinated beverage.

Set some "weekend specific" goals for yourself based on the realities of what you'll be doing. They may look very different than your weekday goals, and that's okay.

If you are going to be out all day, pack some healthy snacks in case you get hungry. There is nothing worse than being hungry at the mall, and the only food options are ice cream or pizza.

Set Monday as your weigh-in day. You are more likely to resist temptation if you have to face the scale first thing Monday morning.

Plan ahead!! If you are going out to eat, find the restaurant's menu (and any available nutritional information) online. You'll have plenty of time to make a healthy choice before you get there.

With a little extra effort and planning, you can turn weekends into an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to keep your program moving in the right direction!

Sometimes people are shocked when they don't lose quite as much weight as they expect that they should, after they've put a little bit of this, and a little bit of that into their mouths. "It was such a small piece" I hear. or "I only licked the spoon". When you put food into your mouth, there is a chemical reaction in order for your body to be able to break down whatever it is, so it can be properly digested. When you are on the weight loss phase of the program, your pancreas is on holidays (being reset) so it won't produce insulin because you aren't feeding your body any sugar. When you eat something not on the program, and it contains natural or processed sugar, your pancreas produces insulin to balance your blood sugar- but insulin is also the hormone that tells your body to store fat. Our bodies look for the easiest source of energy (much like we do) and when you provide easy energy, no stored fat is burnt! We want to maximize our weight loss in the shortest amount of time, so we need to stick with the program, and once we've reached our goal, then eat regular food again. The results will pay off! We feel such guilt when we 'cheat' so why put yourself through that!? We just need to keep our no-no, and be strong! You Can Do It!!!!

If you'd like something baked, and guilt free at the same time, try this: (it does count as 2 proteins if you eat all of it in one day, so maybe spread them over a few days.)

Oatmeal Biscuits
2 packets Ideal Protein oatmeal
1 large egg white
1 to 2 ounces of water

Beat egg, then stir into oatmeal until mixed thoroughly. Add water to thin out batter until spoonable- but not runny. Spoon onto a non stick baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 min. or until golden.
*This would count as 2 packets/proteins.

Bok Choy with Curry
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Ideal Maple syrup
1/2 leek( white part only) minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c bok choy, quartered
2 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth

Heat oil and syrup in a saucepan, then add the rest of the ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Serve hot.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-21-2011, 10:39 AM

We have an all-hands meeting tomorrow. I will see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time. I will be wearing my new DKNY dress that I found at a consignment store. I need to find a cute little cardigan to go with it, so that I don't freeze in the room.

Envy, envy, envy that you are done working today... Oh, and I'm sure it was the remote's fault. It always is...

THIS is what the plan is about. Knowing how to deal when you are faced with a situation like this. Congratulations!You are going to knock them dead... I found some nice cardigans in summer weight at Walmart of all places...

Cindy, it is definately the remote's fault.

Every day I get up and walk my dogs, it is a lot more easier getting out of bed now then 69lbs ago. It is amazing how you don't realize how much your weight affects your life. I am so happy Couts71 told me about this program, I would still be an unhappy 241 lb person without him... Now I am 172 and get complimented every day on how different I look and how amazing... well one of these days my head is going to be so big it won't fit through the door.
I have noticed weird things though:

-always cold (I guess all my insulation is gone)
-nose is runny ALL the time (never had that before)
-people seem to smile more at me (maybe because I am smiling more)
-being called skinny (now people are asking aren't you done yet?)
-being able to refuse even one bite of something I love (doesn't even bother me, I make different squares for the people at work all the time)
-I want to look nice even if I am going to work (before tshirt and jeans or casual pants for work)
Now I shop at Goodwill or Value Village for clothes and I look so much better coming to work with a nice shirt and pants or capris...
-always excited to see my clothing are getting baggy again.

One of my co-workers said on Tuesday hey your pants are baggy, I said REALLY I just bought them yesterday... I know I didn't lose that much weight overnight so I am thinking that maybe I still haven't totally adjusted to my new size, I mean I was excited as I was wearing a size 9... I have never been in the single digit sizes before.

I hope EVERYONE has a great day, stays OP, and all their dreams are attainable.
:hug::hug: Joanne

Wrecky
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
We have a big meeting today and they are having pizza (my favorite) but of course I am not cheating. I have my IP packs and I won't lie, it will be difficult to sit in that delightful smell but I can do it! Have a workout planned for after work. Keeping my eye on the prize.

calee
07-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Good Morning,
I liked reading those tips in the leader's letter. I go to Weight Watchers every Monday night, as a commitment to my health and accountability on the scale. I do find that it helps me be more accountable on the weekend when I'd sometimes love to fall off my plan. I need all the help I can get! :)

niknakjack
07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I mixed this one up yesterday it was yummy!

1 Packet IP Orange Drink w/10 oz. h2o
1 Packet IP Strawberry Pudding w/10 oz. h2o

Blend together and separate into 2 blender bottles or mason jars
chill in fridge, ENJOY!

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
We have a big meeting today and they are having pizza (my favorite) but of course I am not cheating. I have my IP packs and I won't lie, it will be difficult to sit in that delightful smell but I can do it! Have a workout planned for after work. Keeping my eye on the prize.

Pizza is my fave too! My 2nd day OP my company bought pizza and I had to pick it up so I had to smell it the whole drive back and while they were eating it. I ate my steamed veggies and wanted teh pizza so bad. My family has had pizza a couple more times since then and I'm not sure the craving gets any less. Cheese is the one thing I crave all day everyday so that might have something to do with it. ;) Good luck! Stay strong.

niknakjack
07-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have the recipe for the pudding cakes w/IP pudding packets saw it one night didn't have a chance to copy it now I can't find it on here.

leganegan
07-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Weighed in this morning. Was down 3.6 for the week which brought me to 15.4 in 4 weeks. That is .4 over my goal for the month so that's great. (Only 44.4 to go!) Is 10 a month a realistic goal after the first month? That's what I want to shoot for but we all know that no matter what we do, sometimes our bodies don't cooperate. I also lost 11 inches this month so I'm right on track there too.

Last night I had an aha moment. The girls had been at a bday party and had left their favor bags full of candy on the counter while at bible school. Everytime I walked through the kitchen I caught myself wanting to grab a piece. I had to stop and think EVERYTIME! I wasn't hungry. I didn'tcrave it. It honestly didn't even look good. Just habit I suppose. That lead me to wonder how many calories I was eating mindlessly before. I so could've accidentally cheated had I not actually thought about it. We used to always have things on the counter (peanut m&ms are my fav to have in a candy dish on the counter) and we all just grab a handful when we are in the kitchen. Sometimes we may have even made a special trip to the kitchen just to grab from the candy dish. Nobody was home so I could've gotten away with it. I kept repeating, "What you eat in private shows in public." And I had to remember Iam doing this for me, not those who weren't home or anyone else. So glad I cought myself and had a great weigh in this morning!

What you eat in private shows in public! I love that!!!

niknakjack
07-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Good for you, pizza is my downfall too, I love it. I just kept telling myself its not forever I will be able to have a piece again. I won never cheated, even w/all the temptations. You go girl!

Now I learned instead of eating half a pizza I have one or 2 slices w/a large veggie salad and am satisfied that, this would be my cheat day on phase 4 of course. With a clean day the next day.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have the recipe for the pudding cakes w/IP pudding packets saw it one night didn't have a chance to copy it now I can't find it on here.it is probably on page 2 or 3 and called pudding cakes... I will try and bump it up for you.

leganegan
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM

Does anyone have the recipe for the pudding cakes w/IP pudding packets saw it one night didn't have a chance to copy it now I can't find it on here.

HERE YA GO! :)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/236058-recipe-pudding-cake.html

Pxlkitty4
07-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I am jealous! Would love to be at 153! How many weeks have you been on IP to lose the 51 pounds? Nevermind....if I would've looked closer I'd see it says 20! ;) Congrats! I bet you will be down even more Monday!

Let's hope I'm down more on Monday... I started on February 25th. So... Monday will be exactly 5 months on the program. It seems like a long time, but to be down 50lbs in that much time is pretty amazing when I look back.

Every day I get up and walk my dogs, it is a lot more easier getting out of bed now then 69lbs ago. It is amazing how you don't realize how much your weight affects your life. I am so happy Couts71 told me about this program, I would still be an unhappy 241 lb person without him... Now I am 172 and get complimented every day on how different I look and how amazing... well one of these days my head is going to be so big it won't fit through the door.

I have noticed weird things though:

-always cold (I guess all my insulation is gone)
-nose is runny ALL the time (never had that before)
-people seem to smile more at me (maybe because I am smiling more)
-being called skinny (now people are asking aren't you done yet?)
-being able to refuse even one bite of something I love (doesn't even bother me, I make different squares for the people at work all the time)
-I want to look nice even if I am going to work (before tshirt and jeans or casual pants for work)
Now I shop at Goodwill or Value Village for clothes and I look so much better coming to work with a nice shirt and pants or capris...
-always excited to see my clothing are getting baggy again.

One of my co-workers said on Tuesday hey your pants are baggy, I said REALLY I just bought them yesterday... I know I didn't lose that much weight overnight so I am thinking that maybe I still haven't totally adjusted to my new size, I mean I was excited as I was wearing a size 9... I have never been in the single digit sizes before.

My new pants were baggy too! I am also cold. Last night, I was freezing and realized that I needed more salt. It seemed to help. I squeezed lemon into my water too, just for a change of pace.

Have a great day, Joanne...

brummie
07-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow! Great posts today...I love readling about all the NSV's...and congrats to all that have seen losses on the scale!
During the program, the only exercise I have done is walking our dogs every day. I'm loving the wieght loss and I know I shouldn't complain, but the fat has seriously shifted around on my upper arm (it's weird but I have lost zero inches here). The loose skin is just flapping in the wind!!
I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for simple moderate exercises i could do to tighten them up a bit. Once I phase off the diet, I am planning on toning up, but is there anything someone can suggest that I can start now that might help?
My thighs are having a similar effect, but I wear pants or skirts, so I don't really care, but I would love to be able to wear a tank top!
Thanks in advance for any help!

leganegan
07-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Last night too major :dust: ... It was my cousin's birthday and I her mother had a party for her. So my aunt made Nana's sauce with oxtail and meatballs and eggs and loads of pasta, a delish salad (I would assume) and to make it worse, she had 2 desserts that are my favorite...the Hummingbird cake from Wright's (a banana,pineapple, nuts cake with cream cheese frosting.. Wright's makes the best sandwiches and desserts in Tampa). And she had peanut butter pie from another delish place. I brought my own food and didn't touch any of it. Nor wine. Got drunk on tons of water though. :) Just drank it out of a wine goblet. So proud, especially because everyone was saying please, just ONE sample of the sauce to let us know if it tastes like nana's used to. :/ I kindly declined and had to explain that you can't even have a "bite" it will backtrack you 3-4 days!

I was very proud, especially because i just started Sunday so I don't have that first weigh in under my belt to even motivate me.

...did I mention there was egg bread and cuban bread too:devil::cp:!? GO ME!

Everyone have a great OP Thursday!

lroderick
07-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Yesterday was my WI # 3. Even though it's that time of the month, I lost 2 pounds... I'll take it ! Hoping to get into the 150's next week :)

niknakjack
07-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the recipe!

Classy Broad
07-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello Everyone!
Hooray to everybody and all their positive loss posts today- loving it!
This morning was tough, a coworker was making an onion bagel and the smell was in the air for what seemed like forever, I swear I was drooling! ha! A little tea helped me tough that out though!

Question: Has anyone made a yummy OP coleslaw?

loriab
07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
You guys are all so awesome. I loved reading all of your NSV's and inspiring words. Today is only day 4 for me and I woke up feeling really tired and run down. I also was strangely hungry and bloated at the same time. I not used to eating so much at night. After reading all of your posts and having some IP cereal I am feeling so much better. Thanks to all of you.

M0vingon
07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
!

Congrats on 50 lbs! :congrat: That's awesome!

Morning.

Thought I'd share an email from my friend's coach. She sends one out weekly.

Hello Everyone! What a fabulous week so far! I am loving this summer weather, and am looking forward to camping next week with my family.
Sometimes sticking to your diet program on the weekend isn't always as easy as it is during the week. We seem to be more scheduled during the week and we are more relaxed on the weekend.

Can you relate to this desperate dieter's dilemma?

"I'm pretty good about my diet and exercise program during the week. But when the weekend comes, all of that hard work goes out the window! I constantly find myself 'starting over' every Monday morning. How do I get out of this unproductive cycle?!"

One reason weekends are so difficult is that you fall out of your regular daily routines. There are always potlucks, dinners, dates and family gatherings, where trouble is lurking in the form of buffet lines or rich desserts. Weekend menus can also be more difficult to plan - and without a plan, you're more likely to stray from the healthy habits you have been working so hard to develop.

The "Weekend Survival Guide" is designed to help your diet survive those dreaded weekends. Keep it with you - in your purse, in the car - wherever you go. The checklist and helpful tips can keep you focused and on track. Meanwhile, the inspirational quotes can give you a boost of well-timed motivation. If nothing else, remember this: when you start feeling the temptation to slip, ask yourself how you will feel about your decisions once Monday morning rolls around.

TIPS FOR TURNING AWAY TEMPTATION

Plan family activities like bike rides or outdoor games. This helps you spend time with your family and burn calories all at once!

Carry a water bottle with you to your weekend activities. This will help you get your water for the day and resist the temptation to reach for a soda or other caffeinated beverage.

Set some "weekend specific" goals for yourself based on the realities of what you'll be doing. They may look very different than your weekday goals, and that's okay.

If you are going to be out all day, pack some healthy snacks in case you get hungry. There is nothing worse than being hungry at the mall, and the only food options are ice cream or pizza.

Set Monday as your weigh-in day. You are more likely to resist temptation if you have to face the scale first thing Monday morning.

Plan ahead!! If you are going out to eat, find the restaurant's menu (and any available nutritional information) online. You'll have plenty of time to make a healthy choice before you get there.

With a little extra effort and planning, you can turn weekends into an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to keep your program moving in the right direction!

Sometimes people are shocked when they don't lose quite as much weight as they expect that they should, after they've put a little bit of this, and a little bit of that into their mouths. "It was such a small piece" I hear. or "I only licked the spoon". When you put food into your mouth, there is a chemical reaction in order for your body to be able to break down whatever it is, so it can be properly digested. When you are on the weight loss phase of the program, your pancreas is on holidays (being reset) so it won't produce insulin because you aren't feeding your body any sugar. When you eat something not on the program, and it contains natural or processed sugar, your pancreas produces insulin to balance your blood sugar- but insulin is also the hormone that tells your body to store fat. Our bodies look for the easiest source of energy (much like we do) and when you provide easy energy, no stored fat is burnt! We want to maximize our weight loss in the shortest amount of time, so we need to stick with the program, and once we've reached our goal, then eat regular food again. The results will pay off! We feel such guilt when we 'cheat' so why put yourself through that!? We just need to keep our no-no, and be strong! You Can Do It!!!!

If you'd like something baked, and guilt free at the same time, try this: (it does count as 2 proteins if you eat all of it in one day, so maybe spread them over a few days.)

Oatmeal Biscuits
2 packets Ideal Protein oatmeal
1 large egg white
1 to 2 ounces of water

Beat egg, then stir into oatmeal until mixed thoroughly. Add water to thin out batter until spoonable- but not runny. Spoon onto a non stick baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 min. or until golden.
*This would count as 2 packets/proteins.

Bok Choy with Curry
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Ideal Maple syrup
1/2 leek( white part only) minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c bok choy, quartered
2 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth

Heat oil and syrup in a saucepan, then add the rest of the ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Serve hot.

This is an awesome newsletter. Thanks for sharing it!

You are going to knock them dead... I found some nice cardigans in summer weight at Walmart of all places...

Cindy, it is definately the remote's fault.

Jo, you totally deserve to be proud after accomplishing so much! Enjoy all the wonderful compliments!

Tonz
07-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I started IP today and reading your posts gives me the encouragement I need. I have to start trying on mother-of-groom dresses soon so I hope I have the fast results you ladies are having. I sure wish I would of discovered IP sooner!

loriab
07-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for a question but what do your coach's say about changing the times of the meals on the original protocol. I'm finding myself starving all day then having to cram in way too much in the evenings. My coach said that I could try having my dinner snack before my workout on workout days but what are the opinions out there about doing this every week day? It would be easier for me to spread out my meals on weekends but I don't get home until after 6 and go to bed no later than 9:30 so 6 - 8 oz of protein plus a dessert is alot in that little time when I've been starving since 1???

JoseyM
07-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Okay, just had to catch up reading on two threads!! Late start today, up at 6, bills, daughter to practice, couponing....now time for me...have to read these everyday because it REALLY helps motivate me. My first WI is tomorrow. Going to try the lettuce stir fry with lunch today... and the chicken soup, don't think I will add anything and see how a soup alone does.
What I HATE about tomorrow is my dr. does NOT sell individual packs, sooooo due to the expense of buying by the box, I will be eating the same thing for the next week.........NOT happy about that....

MJKinMN
07-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone is gearing themselves up for another fabulous day OP! :)

Had a SV last night/this morning that I am pretty proud of. I was having maddening cravings last night and wanted peanut butter in the WORST way. I could have had it but chose rather to have some rhubarb/strawberry sauce and congratulate myself for choosing a "vegetable" ( I still have a hard time thinking of rhubarb as a vege) rather than something that would kick me out of ketosis. The scale showed the evidence of my choice this morning as I am down another 1.3!!!!!! Yay! :D

Just wondering if any of you have experienced "mind fog" while on this program and what you do when it occurs? I tried to write an email last night and I swear it took me FOREVER to be able to concentrate enough to get the words out. Normally I have no difficulty finding the right words or writing but man, this was bad...I felt like english was my second language...lol.

Have a fantastic day everyone...I am just hoping that my "mind fog" disappears soon!

Susank2
07-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Had my weigh in today and stayed the same which was great because I'm on Phase 4 so I have to say that I'm feeling very good about myself:):)

Always after my WI I stop at the Asian market and buy my fruits and vegetables and I bought rhubarb for the first time because everyone seems to like it. I need to find a good recipe for it because I've never had it before and have no idea what to do with it! Can you guys give me some ideas, I know they have it in the recipe section somewhere.

My friend joined last night and I'm so excited for her. She has about 70 pounds to lose and I hope she'll be successful. I told her about this wonderful website and I'll be with her every step of the way.

MJKinMN
07-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Okay, just had to catch up reading on two threads!! Late start today, up at 6, bills, daughter to practice, couponing....now time for me...have to read these everyday because it REALLY helps motivate me. My first WI is tomorrow. Going to try the lettuce stir fry with lunch today... and the chicken soup, don't think I will add anything and see how a soup alone does.
What I HATE about tomorrow is my dr. does NOT sell individual packs, sooooo due to the expense of buying by the box, I will be eating the same thing for the next week.........NOT happy about that....

Josie that would get old fast! I wonder if you couldnt persuade him to think about selling the packs individually? I would think people would be more likely to stick with the program with more variety vs. the "same old, same old" and im sure he wants people to be successful (other's success brings more business for him through word of mouth and obvious results). Maybe you could bring him some of the wonderful recipe ideas from this site to prove a point? I dunno....its worth a try. Good luck! :)

JoseyM
07-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Josie that would get old fast! I wonder if you couldnt persuade him to think about selling the packs individually? I would think people would be more likely to stick with the program with more variety vs. the "same old, same old" and im sure he wants people to be successful (other's success brings more business for him through word of mouth and obvious results). Maybe you could bring him some of the wonderful recipe ideas from this site to prove a point? I dunno....its worth a try. Good luck! :)
MJK, I know right??? Idk if it is a business ploy to have people buy more boxes of food??? But the thought of tomorrow is stressing me, at $30 a box, I can only get 3 boxes (not sure how many packets come in a box??? do you know??). When I started it was $279 registration and a starter sample of all for a 10 day food supply. I don't know anyone else on the plan, so swapping is out of the question too.......

MJKinMN
07-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Had my weigh in today and stayed the same which was great because I'm on Phase 4 so I have to say that I'm feeling very good about myself:):)

Always after my WI I stop at the Asian market and buy my fruits and vegetables and I bought rhubarb for the first time because everyone seems to like it. I need to find a good recipe for it because I've never had it before and have no idea what to do with it! Can you guys give me some ideas, I know they have it in the recipe section somewhere.

My friend joined last night and I'm so excited for her. She has about 70 pounds to lose and I hope she'll be successful. I told her about this wonderful website and I'll be with her every step of the way.

Susank2 what I do with my rhubarb is wash it and cut the ends off. Then slice it as if it were celery and place it into a pan with 1/4 cup of water and cover on med/high. It will cook down quickly at this point and when it breaks down you will have quite a bit of water and pulp. I then add splenda to taste (it will be sweet and sour and a bit tangy) and then I add 1 TBSP WF strawberry sauce to the rhubarb. Once it cools I place it in a bowl and stick it in the fridge.
I think it resembles the filling for strawberry rhubarb pie and works when my cravings are out of control or I just want something sweet. Hope it works for you!

capricious
07-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Congrats Pxlkitty! You ROCK!!!!

MJKinMN
07-21-2011, 12:33 PM
MJK, I know right??? Idk if it is a business ploy to have people buy more boxes of food??? But the thought of tomorrow is stressing me, at $30 a box, I can only get 3 boxes (not sure how many packets come in a box??? do you know??). When I started it was $279 registration and a starter sample of all for a 10 day food supply. I don't know anyone else on the plan, so swapping is out of the question too.......

I really dont know Josey...I am doing an alternative form of IP as we dont have a distributer where I am and I can see where you are stressing out.....OUCH on the pocketbook!

Maybe you can ask him if he would consider selling packets vs. boxes by presenting the pro's and con's and offer to be his spokes person.....He could take before and afters of you and use that in his advertisement...that way you both get the best of both worlds. After all, you will be successful on this program, you are doing it through his office, you just need a little variety to keep you going ;)

Joyflower
07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Good Morning IPers!!!!! I had WI#6 and I was super excited to see I was down another 5.2!!!!!!!! So close to 30 pounds lost!! :carrot:

Today we are having "Birthday Lunch" at work for the June and July birthdays, and of course, I'm the one that has to order it, so I gladly added salad - which thankfully is only lettuce with the fixin's on the side. I brough zucchini with me to add to it, but the other stuff does not even appeal to me!! So I will gladly eat my IP food and enjoy the "celebration" and not even worry about it!

Looking forward to the weekend!!!!

jd447
07-21-2011, 12:35 PM

My favorite thing to do with rhubarb is to combine about 1 1/2 cups grated zuchini & 1/2 cup of chopped up rhubarb and microwave it until it is soft. Then add cinnamon and sweetener to taste. I have been using Saigon Cinnamon which really gives it an extra kick! I think it tastes like applesauce and I have been having it at least once a day for the last two months! I have been harvesting my rhubarb from my garden and from two of my co-workers gardens all summer. When my zuchini starts producing, I am going to put a bunch of this up in the freezer for winter time. I know that even on maintenance I will still crave this!:T

petie
07-21-2011, 12:37 PM

You are my dream come true...CONGRATULATIONS!

woolberger
07-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow! Great posts today...I love readling about all the NSV's...and congrats to all that have seen losses on the scale!
During the program, the only exercise I have done is walking our dogs every day. I'm loving the wieght loss and I know I shouldn't complain, but the fat has seriously shifted around on my upper arm (it's weird but I have lost zero inches here). The loose skin is just flapping in the wind!!
I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for simple moderate exercises i could do to tighten them up a bit. Once I phase off the diet, I am planning on toning up, but is there anything someone can suggest that I can start now that might help?
My thighs are having a similar effect, but I wear pants or skirts, so I don't really care, but I would love to be able to wear a tank top!
Thanks in advance for any help!

Brummie,

I started doing Pilates on a reformer about three weeks after I started IP. It works to strengthen your core muscles as well as tone your whole body. I am 55 and while I'll probably never get rid of all my "jiggles", I really like the way my body has shaped up. I hit maintenance in March and continue to do Pilates twice per week.

I learned that I don't like to break a sweat! (It messes with my hair;))

MJKinMN
07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
My favorite thing to do with rhubarb is to combine about 1 1/2 cups grated zuchini & 1/2 cup of chopped up rhubarb and microwave it until it is soft. Then add cinnamon and sweetener to taste. I have been using Saigon Cinnamon which really gives it an extra kick! I think it tastes like applesauce and I have been having it at least once a day for the last two months! I have been harvesting my rhubarb from my garden and from two of my co-workers gardens all summer. When my zuchini starts producing, I am going to put a bunch of this up in the freezer for winter time. I know that even on maintenance I will still crave this!:T

What a great idea and another way to add variety to the diet! I think im going to give this a try as I need to make more "sauce" today anyway. Thanks JD for the fantastic idea!!!!:)

cadenlevi
07-21-2011, 12:47 PM

So far every box I have bough has had 7 packets in it, but I haven't bought any of the restricted foods yet so I can't speak for those. Good luck!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks in advance for any help!oh I have major flapping, Mary said that swimming helps this... I haven't tried yet as I still haven't shopped for a swimsuit... it is something I have always hated shopping for and I know I have to do it eventually but... I keep saying tonight I am going to start on my WII and tone up that way... maybe tonight as it is suppose to be raining and I can't play outside. Have a great day... oh and me flapping and everything still wear the tank top... but it kind of grosses me out so I can imagine what others think... oh well. Was told yesterday from some ladies that know me, that I seem to be fitting into my skin better this week... and this after I walked in the door and the one lady called her dog away from me as she didn't recognize me... could be the new red hair I am thinking!

Last night too major :dust: ... It was my cousin's birthday and I her mother had a party for her. So my aunt made Nana's sauce with oxtail and meatballs and eggs and loads of pasta, a delish salad (I would assume) and to make it worse, she had 2 desserts that are my favorite...the Hummingbird cake from Wright's (a banana,pineapple, nuts cake with cream cheese frosting.. Wright's makes the best sandwiches and desserts in Tampa). And she had peanut butter pie from another delish place. I brought my own food and didn't touch any of it. Nor wine. Got drunk on tons of water though. :) Just drank it out of a wine goblet. So proud, especially because everyone was saying please, just ONE sample of the sauce to let us know if it tastes like nana's used to. :/ I kindly declined and had to explain that you can't even have a "bite" it will backtrack you 3-4 days!

I was very proud, especially because i just started Sunday so I don't have that first weigh in under my belt to even motivate me.

...did I mention there was egg bread and cuban bread too:devil::cp:!? GO ME!

Everyone have a great OP Thursday!reading this the first thing that came to mind is AWWWW those poor hummingbirds what did they do to be put in a cake:D Then my all time favorite anything has peanut butter in it... I am proud of you for resisting and you should be proud too you are working this program right from the beginning and that is great.... I have a stash of PB easter eggs, PB pretzels waiting for when I can have them again... and I bought a jar of PB2 and am waiting for phase 3 when I can mix it up on toast for breaky... can't wait.

I started IP today and reading your posts gives me the encouragement I need. I have to start trying on mother-of-groom dresses soon so I hope I have the fast results you ladies are having. I sure wish I would of discovered IP sooner!Don't we all, apparently it has been in canada for 20 years... wish I would have known that long ago, I would have been a hot fox instead of a kind of hot cougar...

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for a question but what do your coach's say about changing the times of the meals on the original protocol. I'm finding myself starving all day then having to cram in way too much in the evenings. My coach said that I could try having my dinner snack before my workout on workout days but what are the opinions out there about doing this every week day? It would be easier for me to spread out my meals on weekends but I don't get home until after 6 and go to bed no later than 9:30 so 6 - 8 oz of protein plus a dessert is alot in that little time when I've been starving since 1??? I read on either Dr Tran's book or one of my handouts that you can switch things around, have your supper at lunch or breakfast and your extra snack can be eatten whenever just remember to take your suppliments with it at whatever time you eat it. And Welcome this is a good place for info. Also the stickies for newbies is a great place to start. Whenever I have a question I go back to them and see if I can find an answer.

Look at all the New people that have joined us... It is so great to know that more and more people are finding IP and how great it is:carrot:

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Good Morning IPers!!!!! I had WI#6 and I was super excited to see I was down another 5.2!!!!!!!! So close to 30 pounds lost!! :carrot:

Today we are having "Birthday Lunch" at work for the June and July birthdays, and of course, I'm the one that has to order it, so I gladly added salad - which thankfully is only lettuce with the fixin's on the side. I brough zucchini with me to add to it, but the other stuff does not even appeal to me!! So I will gladly eat my IP food and enjoy the "celebration" and not even worry about it!

Looking forward to the weekend!!!!

That's amazing! You've had some really big losses all throughout. Way to go! :carrot:

Pxlkitty4
07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Brummie,

I started doing Pilates on a reformer about three weeks after I started IP. It works to strengthen your core muscles as well as tone your whole body. I am 55 and while I'll probably never get rid of all my "jiggles", I really like the way my body has shaped up. I hit maintenance in March and continue to do Pilates twice per week.

I used to live in Boulder for grad school. I'm a little jealous that you are still there. BUT, you reminded me about Pilates. I should get on that! I used to do it and loved it.

Bellamack
07-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Hope my tracker shows up. Do you have to copy and paste every time you pos http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-womanshake/lb/199/145/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)t?

Bellamack
07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
sorry recheck

Bellamack
07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
How do I get the tracker to stay?

Bellamack
07-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Congratulations pxlkitty4,
You are one of the many "experienced" IP ers that I followed before I signed up. Keep up the good work and post often with tips. :)

capricious
07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello Everyone,
It has been so nice to read such positive and uplifting posts this morning- those along with the sun shining outside it puts me in such a warm & fuzzy mood.:)
I would just like to say I am thankful for this diet and for this site. I have never enjoyed losing weight this much as even beyond the obvious benefit of looking better and fitting into smaller sizes I feel as though I have all these new friends that I can relate to and who on any given day seem to be in synchronicity with me and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the days where everyone is happy:) We may find the scale frustrating at times but overall whether it is a half pound or a six pound loss- it is a move in the right direction. The direction that was heretofore unfound. The direction where the scale moves down instead of up. The direction where we are in control of what we put in our mouths. The direction where we are alive & awake & accountable. The direction toward GOAL. 2 weeks, 2 months, 10 months may seem like a long time when thinking ahead but it is really not so far. And every day that we stay OP brings us one step closer to reaching the end of our weight loss journeys and brings us to maintenance. I guess for me, it is comparable to being pregnant. 10 months seems like SUCH a long time when it first begins and you are so excited for the end result but you really do need the time to prepare for the end because it will bring about such a change of life. It can be uncomfortable, miserable, exhilarating & exciting all at the same time. When I started this program and people would want me to have a drink with them my thought was- if I could give up alcohol for 10 months for my child than I could give it up for ME. When people want for me to eat things that aren't on plan- I say 'this is not forever, it is for right now'. This diet is finite. Maintenance may be miles away from what we were eating when we began the program- but that is a GOOD thing because what we were eating was not good for us. I love the quote about what we eat in private people see in public- so very very true. Many of the people on this board who posted so frequently in this thread when I first started have moved into the experienced thread and the within 20 pounds of goal thread. Proof that we can get there too...
So here's to a great OP weekend for all! May we resist even 'just one bite' and stay true to ourselves because WE ARE WORTH IT!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-21-2011, 01:01 PM
What I HATE about tomorrow is my dr. does NOT sell individual packs, sooooo due to the expense of buying by the box, I will be eating the same thing for the next week.........NOT happy about that....I don't know about in the states but in Canada they are not suppose to sell them as individual packets (they are not labeled correctly for individual sale) and the Canadian Food Inspection agency has regulations that they have to be labelled individually if sold that way and that is why the sell by the box. They can also get fined if they sell them individually... some still do. You might want to ask your coach if they could start like a sample basket where people can drop off their packets they don't like and do a one for one exchange. I know Judogirl when she opened her clinic is doing that.

Hi all! I hope everyone is gearing themselves up for another fabulous day OP! :)

Had a SV last night/this morning that I am pretty proud of. I was having maddening cravings last night and wanted peanut butter in the WORST way. I could have had it but chose rather to have some rhubarb/strawberry sauce and congratulate myself for choosing a "vegetable" ( I still have a hard time thinking of rhubarb as a vege) rather than something that would kick me out of ketosis. The scale showed the evidence of my choice this morning as I am down another 1.3!!!!!! Yay! :D

Just wondering if any of you have experienced "mind fog" while on this program and what you do when it occurs? I tried to write an email last night and I swear it took me FOREVER to be able to concentrate enough to get the words out. Normally I have no difficulty finding the right words or writing but man, this was bad...I felt like english was my second language...lol.

Have a fantastic day everyone...I am just hoping that my "mind fog" disappears soon!Oh yeah I had a BIG mind fog this weekend... I forgot I entered my dog in a dog Trial on the weekend... nice that the co-ordinator called me Saturday night to remind me... man did I feel stupid.

My friend joined last night and I'm so excited for her. She has about 70 pounds to lose and I hope she'll be successful. I told her about this wonderful website and I'll be with her every step of the way.I microwave mine with a little water and some Davinci sugar free carmel sauce and cinnamon... very yummy.

Brummie,

I learned that I don't like to break a sweat! (It messes with my hair;))you make me laugh... I don't like my hair messy either...:D

CuteNcurls
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Goodmorning, IPers. Congratulations on all the positive weight loss and all of the NSV. I'm still new to this so I'm finding the cravings quite difficult. I've taken on a mantra I read earlier this week...Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I hope it will keep me going.

The one question I have that I can't seem to find an answer for is...Why can't we have aspartame? I've been trying to find something to curb my sweet cravings. I was a big diet gingerale drinker before starting IP and I haven't been able to satisfy the craving for that flavour. I love a lot of the recipe ideas on here but it's tricky to find the prep time with my chaotic schedule. Does anyone have suggestions for the best sweeteners to use that will allow me to be OP???

Thanks...and cheers to a skinny day for all!

wuv2bloved
07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Lots of good things happening to everyone today I see great job everyone. I got up this morning to rain again! I've been doing a little cleaning today, my family is coming into town tomorrow for my graduation. I totally forgot to eat breakfast, so I took a break to come read and eat my breakfast ( I know I am late) better late then never right? .....lol

Bellamack
07-21-2011, 01:18 PM

I dont want to have a "faux pas" here, but why don't you order some "alternative" products from Noshua, Netrition or Lindora, just so you have some variety. The cost is 1/3. I don't want to start trouble and yes I am doing IP and going weekly to my coach (whom I love), but I could not stand to eat the same things all week. It is bad enough that we are limited in our veggies and no fruit :(. Please don't get mad at me for posting this :)

jordanna
07-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Morning everyone! The boards are so positive this morning...so many great SV's and NSV's. Congrats to all!!

I had tacos for dinner last night with my husband and I used romaine leaves instead of shells and it dawned on me that I didn't miss the shells at all...I also mixed a cup of diced zucchini into my meat and it felt like I got to eat a million tacos :)

My husband took paternity leave for the last four months with our baby and he had to go back to work today...it's going to be different without having him home all the time...we'll be much busier so I'm going to have to be organized to stay on program!

brummie
07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Isn't this so true! Way more strangers say hi to me now then I am used to. I just never wanted to make eye contact with anyone before...now I look them straight in the eye, with a grin so wide my dimples look cavernous! I'm probably freaking them out!!!

[QUOTE=woolberger;3948696]Brummie,

I hate sweating too! (although, like so many, I am freezing my butt off most of the time, so a little sweating might warm me up!!)
I'm going to look into Pilates, thanks woolberger!

oh I have major flapping, Mary said that swimming helps this... I haven't tried yet as I still haven't shopped for a swimsuit... it is something I have always hated shopping for and I know I have to do it eventually but... I keep saying tonight I am going to start on my WII and tone up that way... maybe tonight as it is suppose to be raining and I can't play outside. Have a great day... oh and me flapping and everything still wear the tank top... but it kind of grosses me out so I can imagine what others think... oh well. Was told yesterday from some ladies that know me, that I seem to be fitting into my skin better this week... and this after I walked in the door and the one lady called her dog away from me as she didn't recognize me... could be the new red hair I am thinking!

[QUOTE]

Ahh, I have swimsuit issues too! (I have some large skin grafts on both my thighs)...but I think I would like swimming because I loved it as a child. I don't own a swimsuit, but I might go and try some on, see how I feel (and quit being so worried about my scars!).
I can't wait to fit in my skin better!

[QUOTE=capricious;3948736]Hello Everyone,
It has been so nice to read such positive and uplifting posts this morning- those along with the sun shining outside it puts me in such a warm & fuzzy mood.:)
I would just like to say I am thankful for this diet and for this site. I have never enjoyed losing weight this much as even beyond the obvious benefit of looking better and fitting into smaller sizes I feel as though I have all these new friends that I can relate to and who on any given day seem to be in synchronicity with me and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the days where everyone is happy:) We may find the scale frustrating at times but overall whether it is a half pound or a six pound loss- it is a move in the right direction. The direction that was heretofore unfound. The direction where the scale moves down instead of up. The direction where we are in control of what we put in our mouths. The direction where we are alive & awake & accountable. The direction toward GOAL. 2 weeks, 2 months, 10 months may seem like a long time when thinking ahead but it is really not so far. And every day that we stay OP brings us one step closer to reaching the end of our weight loss journeys and brings us to maintenance. I guess for me, it is comparable to being pregnant. 10 months seems like SUCH a long time when it first begins and you are so excited for the end result but you really do need the time to prepare for the end because it will bring about such a change of life. It can be uncomfortable, miserable, exhilarating & exciting all at the same time. When I started this program and people would want me to have a drink with them my thought was- if I could give up alcohol for 10 months for my child than I could give it up for ME. When people want for me to eat things that aren't on plan- I say 'this is not forever, it is for right now'. This diet is finite. Maintenance may be miles away from what we were eating when we began the program- but that is a GOOD thing because what we were eating was not good for us. I love the quote about what we eat in private people see in public- so very very true. Many of the people on this board who posted so frequently in this thread when I first started have moved into the experienced thread and the within 20 pounds of goal thread. Proof that we can get there too...
So here's to a great OP weekend for all! May we resist even 'just one bite' and stay true to ourselves because WE ARE WORTH IT!!

What a wonderful post! You are so right. We would give up or sacrifice anything for our loved ones with no hesitation, yet we struggle to give the same gift to ourselves. This is why this program is the the 'last diet', because it not only changes your body, but it changes your perspective on life too.

LaLibE
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Lots of good things happening to everyone today I see great job everyone. I got up this morning to rain again! I've been doing a little cleaning today, my family is coming into town tomorrow for my graduation. I totally forgot to eat breakfast, so I took a break to come read and eat my breakfast ( I know I am late) better late then never right? .....lol

ENJOY every minute of your well-deserved grad festivities! I'm happy to hear that your family will be in town to help you celebrate, they must be very proud of you!

Elissa

kelly1962
07-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Another 2 lbs and 4.5 inches gone. I am so excited, my chest size has gone from a 57 when i started to a 49".
Also, i asked my counsellor about the WF syrups and she said the last IP conference she went to they dont allow them anymore Anyone else been told this.

wuv2bloved
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I started IP today and reading your posts gives me the encouragement I need. I have to start trying on mother-of-groom dresses soon so I hope I have the fast results you ladies are having. I sure wish I would of discovered IP sooner!

ENJOY every minute of your well-deserved grad festivities! I'm happy to hear that your family will be in town to help you celebrate, they must be very proud of you!

Elissa

Thanks Elissa, they are very proud of me I am the first in my family to be a college grad! my youngest son will be the second! and my oldest the third, I guess they learned from me...ha...nothing like furthering your education at any age, it CAN be done! Most of my class mates have not seen me since May so I can't wait for them to see me now and get their reactions, it will be a great feeling!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
I dont want to have a "faux pas" here, but why don't you order some "alternative" products from Noshua, Netrition or Lindora, just so you have some variety. The cost is 1/3. I don't want to start trouble and yes I am doing IP and going weekly to my coach (whom I love), but I could not stand to eat the same things all week. It is bad enough that we are limited in our veggies and no fruit :(. Please don't get mad at me for posting this :)It is alright to use alternatives and to talk about them, not everyone has IP clinics near them and I think it is a great idea to suppliment IP packets with something different. Just be careful and read the nutrional info for sugar and aspartame... I have been on IP for 6 months now and have bought a few things from Nashua, as I heard the peanut butter bars are to good... and they are. I have tried other products and prefer IP as it is better tasting. but that is just my opinion.

Thanks Elissa, they are very proud of me I am the first in my family to be a college grad! my youngest son will be the second! and my oldest the third, I guess they learned from me...ha...nothing like furthering your education at any age, it CAN be done! Most of my class mates have not seen me since May so I can't wait for them to see me now and get their reactions, it will be a great feeling!That is great congratulations and that your sons are following in your footsteps you must be very proud.

Celticgirl
07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks Elissa, they are very proud of me I am the first in my family to be a college grad! my youngest son will be the second! and my oldest the third, I guess they learned from me...ha...nothing like furthering your education at any age, it CAN be done! Most of my class mates have not seen me since May so I can't wait for them to see me now and get their reactions, it will be a great feeling!

:celebrate: Congratulations! I know they are proud of you. Wow your class and work that stage when you get your diploma. You earned it!

pselias
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
How do I get the tracker to stay?

Paste the tracker into your signature under "User CP"

pselias
07-21-2011, 02:25 PM
I survived a trip to Coldstone Creamery last night! Majorly tempting, but I resisted.

Gika
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM

Have a fantastic day everyone...I am just hoping that my "mind fog" disappears soon!

I have experienced it a couple of times, when I do I check my blood glucose which turns out to be low (my blood sugar has had the tendency to go low even before this diet, I'm hoping that "resetting the pancreas" will help with that). The good news is that now that I'm into week #6 it's happening a lot less!

I guess the only piece of advise that I have with this is to try to not go too long without eating. Try to schedule your meals so that you eat them every 3-4 hours.

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Those of you who eat cheese, (Are you tired of me mentioning cheese?) what kind do you have. I know you said it can sometimes be subbed in for the 1oz of milk and I know I can't have more than 1oz but I think I need to have some. Maybe if I just bite the bullet and have 1oz I won't crave it so bad. I was just wondering what kind is best. Thanks!

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 02:44 PM

Congrats! That's a great accomplishment. I wish I had finished school before I started my family because it was a lot easier without a full time job and 2 kids involved in their own things.

wuv2bloved
07-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Congrats! That's a great accomplishment. I wish I had finished school before I started my family because it was a lot easier without a full time job and 2 kids involved in their own things.

Thanks, when I decided to go back to school I was work a full time job, a part time job and going to school at night. Some nights I didn't know what I was doing but it all paid off 2 years later. I waited to back to school once my kids were older and in college themselves. Got a divorce 5 years so and everyone always came before me so I decided I need to start looking out for me and here I am today. A college graduate and on the way to being healthier slimmer, smaller ME!

As far as the cheese we can have the vegan cheese is what my coach told me

Scofflaw1
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Ahh! my nose is running like crazy! haha
Well, finally lost since what...4 days ago? I lost 0.4 lbs And I have my weight in tomorrow morning. I really hope I can at least make it another 0.4 lbs so I would have lost 2 lbs for the week....A bit discouraged at the extreme slow down of weight loss...but I'm just goin to have to keep going. Week 4, here I come!

Thefireresides
07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for a question but what do your coach's say about changing the times of the meals on the original protocol. I'm finding myself starving all day then having to cram in way too much in the evenings. My coach said that I could try having my dinner snack before my workout on workout days but what are the opinions out there about doing this every week day? It would be easier for me to spread out my meals on weekends but I don't get home until after 6 and go to bed no later than 9:30 so 6 - 8 oz of protein plus a dessert is alot in that little time when I've been starving since 1???

My coach has okayed switching my snack to mid afternoon :)

Thefireresides
07-21-2011, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Susank2;3948648]Had my weigh in today and stayed the same which was great because I'm on Phase 4 so I have to say that I'm feeling very good about myself:):)

QUOTE]

4 cups chopped rhubarb
Sprinkle with 1 package stevia
Sprinkle with cinnamon
Add 1 TBSP walden farms strawberry spread

Mix above ingredients together in a small casserole dish

Take 1 tsp hard butter, and add to one package IP Maple Oatmeal. ( i tried without the butter and it didn't turn out as well.....)
Crumble with a fork
Sprinkle overtop of rhubarb mixture

Bake in oven @ 375 for 40 minutes

Rhubarb Stew

Ingredients
6 cups chopped rhubarb
2 tbsp water
1 package Stevia
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Preparation:
In large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar and water; cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved.
Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened and rhubarb is in threads. Let cool.
(Rhubarb can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days.)

Reheat and serve over IP Vanilla Pudding

sandyh50
07-21-2011, 04:00 PM
What a great day to read all the positive posts! Congrats to all the NSV's and the weight loss victories! I watched the documentary "FAthead" on hulu.com last night and was really "educated" more about low carb diets. This is my first low carb program I have been on and I love it!! I'm losing pounds and inches and feel great. I think I might have been brainwashed these last ten years into thinking all low carb diets are bad. Keep up the good work everyone, IP works!

JoseyM
07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Hello Everyone,
WOW.....what a wonderful post!!! I looked and your goals are the same as mine, it took you about 2 months and that is what they told me, actually 4-6 weeks. I will think often about the comparison of having a baby, that really puts it in perspective....thanks for the wonderful POST.....OP all day so far :) Day 6

Thefireresides
07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
LOVE THIS QUOTE From Jean Nidetch who founded Weight Watchers

"I'd always wanted to be a blonde, and when I lost my weight, I went straight to the beauty salon and had my hair colored. Of course, I'm not a natural blonde. Nature said I should be a brunette. You know, there's nothing wrong with being a brunette. I love brunettes, but I wanted to have blonde hair. So for many, many years now I've decided that I don't want Nature's choice. So I spend the three hours and go through the torturous process.

And isn't it wonderful that I could change it? Nature said, you see, that Jean should also be a fat brunette. I didn't like her choice in that either. And in order to go against Nature, I found you have to work at it. It's not any more inconvenient to work on the size of you than it is to work on changing your hair color. I'm not thrilled about going for the touch ups, you know, I do it because I like the result.

Nobody puts a gun to your back and says, "You've got to be blonde" or "You've got to be thin." If you want the result of your own energy, if you want to change something, isn't it fascinating that there are things you can change? You can change your hair. You can even change your eye color. They make contact lenses for that. You might have a problem changing your height beyond what a pair of high heeled shoes can give you, but isn't it fantastic that one of the things you can change is your size?

I know from years of experience that people can really make changes. I believe this and I encourage you to discover how you can make the changes you want. I may say to you, "I believe in people," but do you believe in you? Because if you don't, we have a problem we need to confront before we go any further. We have to change your attitude and the way you look at yourself. Somewhere along the line in your life, whether you're sixteen or sixty, somebody said to you: "You can't do it; it won't work." They forgot the rest. The rest of the line is: You can't do it, only if you won't do it. Now, if you choose not to change, it's okay. I respect you if that's really the choice you want to make. But if you want to change, then I know you can and I'm going to do everything I can to help you achieve your goal."

JoseyM
07-21-2011, 04:12 PM
WUV2....you rock!! what awesome strides and decisions you have made with your life!!!! So glad I have you as a buddy.....hope I can provide YOU with some kind of support :) Don't want to be a little parasite....BTW, the zuchinni turned out YUMMY!!!! Sliced thin, put on baking sheet sprayed w/Pam, sprinkled with sea salt, minced onion, garlic powder baked on 450 for about 15-20 mins, kept watching it so it didn't burn. Didn't CRISP up totally, but wasn't soggy,fall apart.....had to tell my daughter to stay out of it, I HAVE to have 2 cups veggies :) Try it again....

Watkat
07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Another 2 lbs and 4.5 inches gone. I am so excited, my chest size has gone from a 57 when i started to a 49".
Also, i asked my counsellor about the WF syrups and she said the last IP conference she went to they dont allow them anymore Anyone else been told this.

Congrats on the weight and inches lost!! Great job!!
What? No. I have not heard of this. A lot of the IP clinics have the WF products available to purchase.
I use mine and will continue to use them until I am off the program.

Wrecky
07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Ok that meeting was hard but not as hard as I thought! Glad I was prepared. No pizza for me! I'd say the only thing I really dislike is the spectacle that others make of you. "Why are you eating just that"?? "How about just a corner piece"? *sigh* They mean well.....

Wrecky
07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
PS: can't wait til I am thin so they can SEE why I am declining all their treats!

wuv2bloved
07-21-2011, 04:31 PM
WUV2....you rock!! what awesome strides and decisions you have made with your life!!!! So glad I have you as a buddy.....hope I can provide YOU with some kind of support :) Don't want to be a little parasite....BTW, the zuchinni turned out YUMMY!!!! Sliced thin, put on baking sheet sprayed w/Pam, sprinkled with sea salt, minced onion, garlic powder baked on 450 for about 15-20 mins, kept watching it so it didn't burn. Didn't CRISP up totally, but wasn't soggy,fall apart.....had to tell my daughter to stay out of it, I HAVE to have 2 cups veggies :) Try it again....

I will try it again tonight for supper I had my cucumber for lunch with my chocolate pudding. Now I am off to go return some stuff I bought the other day. YOU do give me support by just being able to talk to you whenever. I told you "WE GOT THIS!!":grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Princess Jessica
07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Well I had WI#7 this morning (I can't believe I have been on this diet for 7 weeks!) and I am down 4 more pounds. :) I knew a good WI had to be coming after last week's disappointing one.
Also, I got a bag of the dill zippers that everyone has been raving about and I couldn't help but rip right into them to see how they were... and I HATED them! lol I think I am the only one here so far who hasn't loved them... glad I only got one bag. :D

JoseyM
07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok that meeting was hard but not as hard as I thought! Glad I was prepared. No pizza for me! I'd say the only thing I really dislike is the spectacle that others make of you. "Why are you eating just that"?? "How about just a corner piece"? *sigh* They mean well.....
I agree, does get to be a PITA when you have explain why you brought your own food to people, had to do it all weekend at my daughters softball tournament....they apparently don't serve caulifower and broccoli at the concession stand!! ROTFL.......

Princess Jessica
07-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh! I also broke up with my coach today so I could move to a closer clinic. It didn't go nearly as badly as I was fearing, since she is leaving in a few weeks anyway. I am excited to try the new place, they sound much better established and serious about the program. My coach was sweet... but didn't seem that well informed and her scale was always broken. It didn't inspire confidence.
I switched my WI day from Thursday mornings to Monday mornings to encourage me to stay on track better during the weekends. We will see how that goes... :)

Wrecky
07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree, does get to be a PITA when you have explain why you brought your own food to people, had to do it all weekend at my daughters softball tournament....they apparently don't serve caulifower and broccoli at the concession stand!! ROTFL.......

Hehehehe. :dizzy:

Wrecky
07-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Well I had WI#7 this morning (I can't believe I have been on this diet for 7 weeks!) and I am down 4 more pounds. :) I knew a good WI had to be coming after last week's disappointing one.
Also, I got a bag of the dill zippers that everyone has been raving about and I couldn't help but rip right into them to see how they were... and I HATED them! lol I think I am the only one here so far who hasn't loved them... glad I only got one bag. :D

Woo ooo! The woosh fairy came through! Way to go!

CuteNcurls
07-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Congratulations on the progress. I'm starting a bit higher than you but my absolutely ideal goal is about the same...150 to 140 range. It's inspiring to see how well you've done and how excited you are about it.

I also had to comment on the zippers...I tried them too and they were horrible. I made the mistake of buying a whole box...thank goodness they allowed me to return/exchange for something else.

redhead14
07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

HOOT WHOO!!!! to your 4lbs!! :carrot::carrot:
Oh and I don't like the dill zippers either, my clinic always offers samples of the new things. Tried one which made me feel like I was chewing on dillweed...yuck.

jordanna
07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
It's funny how one person loves an IP product and the next person hates it. My dad lives off the mushroom & chicken soup and it makes me gag...

I ♥ the dill pickle zippers and have to convince myself not to have them every day

I guess that's why new people should try everything at least once...because you may love things you thought you'd hate and hate the things you thought you'd love.

ItsAboutTime
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Oh! I also broke up with my coach today so I could move to a closer clinic. It didn't go nearly as badly as I was fearing, since she is leaving in a few weeks anyway. I am excited to try the new place, they sound much better established and serious about the program. My coach was sweet... but didn't seem that well informed and her scale was always broken. It didn't inspire confidence.
I switched my WI day from Thursday mornings to Monday mornings to encourage me to stay on track better during the weekends. We will see how that goes... :)

Great loss! And I'm glad the break up was easy on both of you. :) Hope you love the new clinic!

kelly1962
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Congrats on the weight and inches lost!! Great job!!
What? No. I have not heard of this. A lot of the IP clinics have the WF products available to purchase.
I use mine and will continue to use them until I am off the program.

Yes, she did say that alot of the clinics were selling them, but at this conference with Dr Tran there, they were told not to recommend them.

If you have been using it and losing weight, i guess go with what is working...i was disappointed i really wanted to try the strawberry syrup with the rhubarb recipe i found on here.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-21-2011, 06:22 PM
hm that is interesting will have to ask my coach, not that they are up to date but will ask anyway... good thing I don't use the products very much but was looking forward to getting more salad dressing and chocolate syrup.

jordanna
07-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I wonder why if Ideal Protein H.O doesn't endorse using Walden Farm products, why do they sell them on www.idealtogo.com?

To my knowledge and according to my coach we are allowed to use the products and that is why coaches have been authorized by IP Head Office to sell them in their locations along with IP food.

loriab
07-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Wuv2, you do rock! Congratulations. That is so wonderful. You truly are an inspiration. You were the first to welcome me to these forums and I appreciate that so much. I'm still getting used to the IP protocol but it's all of you great people out there that makes it doable. Thanks again to all of you. Hopefully I'll learn soon enough so that i can be helpful to others eventually. :-)

jd447
07-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I wonder why if Ideal Protein H.O doesn't endorse using Walden Farm products, why do they sell them on www.idealtogo.com?

To my knowledge and according to my coach we are allowed to use the products and that is why coaches have been authorized by IP Head Office to sell them in their locations along with IP food.

Does anyone else find it weird that a lot of the products on the idealtogo site are garnished with things that we aren't allowed to have on IP? Lots of fruit toppings, etc. :?:

Bellamack
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Tomorrow is my official 3 week weigh-in. I have had no cheats what so ever, not even a crumb. I am missing my Greek yogurt and fresh berries, I guess I shouldn't of read the yogurt thread lol.

Princess Jessica
07-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Aw man... scheduled maintenance in an hour :( ... where am I gonna go every ten minutes while I am bored tonight at work?? ;)

On the Walden Farms subject... my clinic still endorses it, and I have been losing fine with it, so I think I will keep using it. The syrups kind of help me stay sane and keep things interesting.
I didn't use them for the first three weeks and my weight loss has stayed the same since I started using them, so I am good with them. :)

disgal
07-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Haha!! I didn't care for them either....it KILLED me to throw that bag away (Hubby tried them too and sadly didn't care for them either)! :dizzy: PS: congrats on your loss!!! :carrot:

Glad to hear everyone had a great day!!!!! It's almost Friday...woot woot!!:carrot:

I am contemplating lowering my goal....darn it!! Although the thought of being in the 160's is incredibly amazing (and my Doc thinks 170 is a good place to be for my body makeup), I am finally in a size 14 pair of shorts but would LOVE to be in a 12!! Ugh....stop the madness!! :dizzy: LOL!!

JoseyM
07-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Okay, tomorrow, my first WI, and I have to say a little bummed right now....literally had to choke down dinner...HATED it....I am not a big chicken eater, don't like seafood, red meat is it and on top of having to deal with the 2 Cups veggies, a meat I don't want.....SORRY....THIS ONE NOT SO POSITIVE.....I am committed and realize I have to change habits, have always eaten veggies, just not so much at once.....I want to try the taco salad and lean burger for dinner, but have NO idea how I will keep the meat variety up and I know red meat 7 days won't be good........Okay, ready, shield up guys, blast away....lol

Susank2
07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
You are my dream come true...CONGRATULATIONS!

Awww....what a nice thing to say! Thank you!!!!!!:):)

Watkat
07-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Okay, tomorrow, my first WI, and I have to say a little bummed right now....literally had to choke down dinner...HATED it....I am not a big chicken eater, don't like seafood, red meat is it and on top of having to deal with the 2 Cups veggies, a meat I don't want.....SORRY....THIS ONE NOT SO POSITIVE.....I am committed and realize I have to change habits, have always eaten veggies, just not so much at once.....I want to try the taco salad and lean burger for dinner, but have NO idea how I will keep the meat variety up and I know red meat 7 days won't be good........Okay, ready, shield up guys, blast away....lol

LOL! You are too funny! I was the same way. But, I'm a vegetarian. Thanks to Longdivision I figured out some alternatives for meat.
Check the recipe stickys. There are so many great ideas in them.
I like zuchinni sliced very thin.Then spray with Pam Olive Oil, add salt and pepper and then roast in my convection oven. I also have them grilled. I do the same with broccoli and cauliflower.
It will get better. Especially when the weight starts dropping.
:):hug:

Watkat
07-21-2011, 08:53 PM

:welcome:
We are glad you are here. :D

M0vingon
07-22-2011, 09:44 AM
This thread is now closed. Please place new posts on today's chat thread: IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/22 - Sun, 7/24 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238783-ip-weekend-chat-fri-7-22-sun-7-24-a.html)