General Diet Plans and Questions - How is my exercise/dieting routine? Any good?

misski
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Today I ate approximately 1630 calories (I used to eat around 1200 calories but drinking arizona green tea and soy milk and adding more condiments increased my calorie intake).

I exercised and burned 268 calories (according to my HRM). Do you think this is enough for me to lose weight? I just feel like I may be consuming too much and burning too little... :?: And how much calories do you consume and burn per day, if I may ask?

indiblue
07-21-2011, 12:55 AM
It's really hard to measure how many calories you actually burned, even with a HRM.

My recommendation would be to focus on creating a caloric deficit through your diet, then counting any calories you may be burnign through exercise or activities as "extra" calories burned. I have no idea what your BMR is, but I would imagine 1630 is creating a caloric deficit based on your height and weight.

A lot of weight loss is trial and error. Stick to 1600 calories and see if, over the course of a couple of weeks, you lose.

And good for you for counting condiments, arizona green tea, etc! Some people skip those and forget those are calories too. Critical to count those so you get an accurate number of exactly what you're intaking.