100 lb. Club - Belly Fat??? Please tell me it does go away!

InsideMe
07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey there!

So I have noticed a difference in my body in my 14lbs loss but it's mostly on my side and the fat on my belly seems to be pushing forward!!!! It's getting tigher under my breasts and my waist and underneath my bra area but the fat on my belly looks worse! Has anybody experienced this? It's making me feel bigger and it's hanging more like the skin has gotten so looser and more Jiggly!!! I am getting discouraged by it. Any positive stories out there about belly fat???

JamiSue3916
07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
OMG! I don't have a solution for you but I am noticing the same thing myself. And yea, it makes me feel bigger than I was before!

Hopefully someone here can tell us what's up with it, but I just wanted to let you know you weren't alone!

:hug:

fitmom
07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I had a lot of loose skin from two pregnancies so I can relate, sort of. I wasn't terribly overweight but my belly was not a pretty sight, lol. Running 4 times a week and eliminating sugar from my diet has made a world of difference for me personally. My stomach is much tighter and toned than before. I'm still not exactly where I want to be but I'm worlds away from where I once was. Just keep at it and it will melt away.

InsideMe
07-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Whewwww ok at least you understand what I'm talking about! I'm even taking pictures of myself and my before pictures my belly looks so much firmer, isn't that crazy??? Now is hanging and all the fat is moving from my sides to the front! ACK!!! I look awesome from behind hahaha! Too bad i can't walk around that way!

Lovely
07-20-2011, 12:36 PM
It gets better. Start taking measurements and pictures now if you haven't already!

As you lose more weight the pounds will at some point come off of your stomach. You won't be at goal weight with the same size stomach that you started at!

I have experienced that as I lose weight my fat all over seems more "jiggly". Don't know if it's that I'm more conscious of it, or there's just more room to jiggle now that I've lost some of it... *shrug*

InsideMe
07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I had a lot of loose skin from two pregnancies so I can relate, sort of. I wasn't terribly overweight but my belly was not a pretty sight, lol. Running 4 times a week and eliminating sugar from my diet has made a world of difference for me personally. My stomach is much tighter and toned than before. I'm still not exactly where I want to be but I'm worlds away from where I once was. Just keep at it and it will melt away.

Thanks fitmom, I think that might be it too, I have 2 kids (5 and 3) soooooo it's probably from that too

astrophe
07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Yep. It will go away eventually. I've been here before. It's like first on, last off for me.

I actually enjoy it -- it's starting to happen to me too and that means the weight is shedding. I've also got the dots on my outer thighs that eventually become lines. Muscle definition is coming back..wahoo!

A.

shelley3650
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
wheeew i thought i was the only person like that. ive noticed the same thing going on with my tummy area as well =/ hopefully it will go away as well. idk...ive had ppl tell me that i do look noticably smaller but idk =/ have you tried asking others if its noticable? it can help make ya feel better =]

authentic
07-20-2011, 12:58 PM
This has totally happened to me. I started doing power yoga which really works your abs and that is helping a little.

My belly fat is the biggest pet peeve of mine.

jendiet
07-20-2011, 01:00 PM
ok, i am also experiencing this. I had a very small diastasis with this pregnancy...but the reason why THIS is happening to you ladies working your abs, is because you are building the muscle thicker and stronger and that pushes out the fat, don't worry--as you burn off the fat, that sleek stomach will come into view.

InsideMe
07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
ok, i am also experiencing this. I had a very small diastasis with this pregnancy...but the reason why THIS is happening to you ladies working your abs, is because you are building the muscle thicker and stronger and that pushes out the fat, don't worry--as you burn off the fat, that sleek stomach will come into view.

Yeahhhhh!!! Thanks girl you gave me total hope!!! Cause I really have been concentrating hard on my abs and arms (cause I got the dreaded bat wings too) LOL Muscle pushing out fat....ok! I'm sticking to that!

Pacifica Bee
07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
I can only answer your question: I don't have any positive stories about belly fat. And I'll hope that statement speaks for itself...

DCHound
07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Jiggle is your friend! We love jiggle! That's what you WANT it to do!

When the fat is hard and dense, it ain't going nowhere. For it to start melting off of you, it has to soften up. The fat cells are losing fat and gaining water.

Seriously, this is something to celebrate. Eventually your skin will use your connective tissue to reconnect to the muscle underneath without all that fat in the way. Woo hoo!!! Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Enjoy the journey to thinness.

fattymcfatty
07-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Yep, I hate my stomach.
Yep, I am 23lbs away from goal and I still have an upper and lower pooch.
Yep, I hate it!!!

However, I noticed a big improvement when I got down to 195. I also took up running at about 200lbs or so, and I notice it being less hangy and droopy.

The weird thing is that it seems like weight loss starts from the outer edges of my body, and has worked its' way in, and also, from the upper and lower parts of the body and now the center is finally going. It is kind of weird. I've been taking measurements every 5 lbs of weight loss, and just recently, the stomach area around my navel has finally budged! Hallelujah! It seemed like it was going from everywhere else.

I think that definitely it is true, where you gain it first, is where you lose it the last.

JamiSue3916
07-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Jiggle is your friend! We love jiggle! That's what you WANT it to do!

:carrot: Go jiggle, go jiggle! :carrot: LOVE THIS!!

IsobelRose22
07-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't have this problem with my belly but I do have this problem with my arms and thighs, the rest of me is losing weight and my arms and thighs seem to have been left behind. I look so out of proportion its unreal, but like previous posters the fat will go away, just keep going and have faith!

sevencallmemom
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I have 7 kids worth of loose skin, the last pregnancy being twins. I'm down more than 60 and I hardly feel like celebrating it because it seems to be coming off everywhere but my tummy. ugh.

Whatever, I'm just going to keep on keepin on. It has to go sometime, right? RIGHT?!?! LOL

Mango30
07-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Belly fat is one of the reasons why I think I gave up last time. I was all the way down in the 150's and my belly measurements were the same as my 199 lbs goal weigh in and measurement. I was so defeated. I even went to a liposuction consult and the Dr told me that I would need a full tummy tuck to make me "look normal."

fitmom
07-20-2011, 07:30 PM
How much sugar are you eating? They say sugar clings to your belly like there's no tomorrow, lol. I cut out all unnecessary sugar and stepped up my running. Now my abdomen is nearly flat (I said, nearly, lol) except for the area slightly below my navel - it's like a three-inch span. That's where the last of the loose skin is. It came off from the top, bottom and sides first. I guess that area below my navel is where I had the most fat, I guess. You know what they say, first on, last off. I can attest to that. :)

GirlyGirlSebas
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
First comes the squishy, mushiness. This lets you know that you're about to drop the inches! Plus, you are probably losing that internal belly fat that surrounds your organs. This is actually a good thing as that fat is the dangerous kind! When it starts going away, the outer fat doesn't have as much supporting it and everything gets more jiggly. Check out this thread, especially the response from Meg. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/137298-getting-jiggly.html

sevencallmemom
07-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I eat almost no sugar. Low carb is working well for me. I'm losing inches (don't know how many, but I went from a jean size 28 down to a 24) but it just seems disproportionately slow compared to how quickly the rest of me is slimming down.

ETA: I am getting very squishy and jiggly, so I hope that's a good sign of things to come. :)

JOLINA
07-20-2011, 08:45 PM
My belly fat is VERY SLOWLY going away.
I get jiggly fat...and then it disappears. Then more crops up in another location.
I have fat in places most people don't have places. :(

I found this interesting article on belly fat today:

http://www.maxwettstein.com/Library/Belly%20fat.htm

:book2:

fitmom
07-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Jolina: Just read the article, very interesting. I've employed many of their suggestions for myself through my own research on the internet and it's worked for me. A lot of good points were brought up in the piece. Thanks for the link.

linJber
07-21-2011, 12:13 AM
My waist has finally started to change in proportion with the rest of the changes. I was a bit discouraged by this, too. And at the same time, my flabby hanging down belly is now just a pouchy belly, but my waist didn't change as much as I would have liked. I only measure once a month. And I didn't measure when I first started (wish I had) to lose. I only know my beginning waist and hips (approximately) because I had a pair of pants that fit like a second skin and I measured them. I'm due to be measured on Monday, but I've noticed very recently that my waistbands are getitng loose so I measured. When I went from 199 to 186 I only lost an inch in my waist. Now at 178 I've gone down 2". I think it catches up.

Lin

keekles
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
I started losing weight from my upper belly first, making my lower belly look more pronounced. But eventually the lower belly starting slimming down too. I think that's just a typical pattern of weight loss when you have "fluffy tummy." :)

For loose skin, I have heard taking lots of salmon oil supplements helps tremendously. That's what I've been doing and so far no sag. Although, we'll see when I get down another 50!! Either way a small saggy belly is better than a big firm one.

InsideMe
07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I started losing weight from my upper belly first, making my lower belly look more pronounced. But eventually the lower belly starting slimming down too. I think that's just a typical pattern of weight loss when you have "fluffy tummy." :)

For loose skin, I have heard taking lots of salmon oil supplements helps tremendously. That's what I've been doing and so far no sag. Although, we'll see when I get down another 50!! Either way a small saggy belly is better than a big firm one.

OMG! That's exactly my problem! I am getting the definition around the bottom of my chest area, where my bra sits and just underneath and then my bottom belly EWWWWW it's all all my sides and upper belly has just transferred forward and out! LOL

But you girls are right about the jiggly, I did lose a little bit more on my tummy the last day, so from now on I'm going to be happy to see the jiggles!!!!

AnnaGal
07-22-2011, 04:40 PM
the eventual belly-loss stories are so encouraging. I worry that mine will never go away, either. I don't remember ever having a flat stomach.

jigglefree
07-23-2011, 06:24 AM
As you can see by my name I'm working on getting rid of all the jiggle. I have lost a lot of weight by my stomach seems to be coming off slowly. My body has always been jiggly...hence my name. So I don't get the jiggle code before losses. I don't have back boobs when I put my bra on and they fit so much better. No bra indentations after I take it off. So I figure there are inches lost I'm probably moving the tape wrong since it seems that my measurements are the same as 20 pounds ago.

rakel
07-23-2011, 10:13 AM
After. First read this post I looked at my own belly and saw it was pretty firm and smooth. Now only a couple days later I am noticing some indents on both sides of my belly, and that the skin has a more puckered, cottage cheese like dimples all over. When I took my meausurements, before my waist was 50, now it's 48, but my belly has acually grown 1.5 inches. Is this the "jiggly" effect you guys are describing? It doesn't seem any more jiggly but it looks different and it's not as firm.

NCchickie
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm so glad I found this thread!
I've noticed just this past week when I was doing rock star jumps with Jillian in the 30DS, I was needing to put a hand on my lower belly because it was soooo jiggly. :(
I was like WHAT??!?!?!?!? How can things be getting worse?!?!?
But now I understand it's a good thing.
Whew, what a relief.