Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat, Wednesday, 7/20

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat, Wednesday, 7/20

Pxlkitty4
07-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.htm), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program
whoosh fairy = big loss one day after not having lost for a while

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf), The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Pxlkitty4
07-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone... It's going to be SO hot here the next few days (Northern Virginia). We are supposed to hit 98 tomorrow, 101 on Friday. Good thing I have plenty of propane to grill, since I really don't want to turn on my oven when it's that hot outside.

More good news: my garden has three tomatoes, one zucchini, and one cucumber getting ripe. I'm hoping that my IP-friendly foods will start rolling in over the next few weeks. I also have a tiny little watermelon (growing for my son, who is three), about the size of a baseball. It's SO cute.

My sinus infection is getting better. For the others on the forum who are battling colds/infections, don't forget your probiotics! The antibiotics kill all the good germs, and we have to replace them. I'm off to take my vitamins and start my day... with coffee.

I will be wearing my size 1 Chico's pants and top today when I'm off to work. They have strange sizes, but I used to not fit into a 3 because I was too big. SUCH a nice feeling.

justamom
07-20-2011, 08:42 AM
It is early morning here in Alaska. I am a Registered Nurse who works 12 hour night shifts. I love what I do but am tired at the moment. Looking forward to my weigh-in Thursday morning after work. Never thought I would say that I look forward to a weigh-in! Need to mow my grass-thankful for a tiny yard! ALso need to clean house too. Then get ready to come back to work. Trusting God for a great day!

cadenlevi
07-20-2011, 09:21 AM
I had a great day yesterday despite the sinus infection that will not seem to go away and this ridiculous heat wave (we are on day 20-something over 100 and 17 days over 100 in July!!!). I'm going to the dreaded Golden Corral tonight for dinner - I hate that place even if I wasn't watching what I eat. I went to their website last night to check the menu. They are SUPPOSED to have steamed veggies that are OP. If they are smothered in butter, I will just have a salad and steak, fish or chicken and eat my veggies when I get home. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning!! I think this is my first time on this thread/post/whatever :) Resisted the HUGE urge to give in and cheat last night, on day 5 today, woke up and had oatmeal for the 1st time this morning....so glad I didn't go off. Anywho......hoping to stay strong today, 1st WI will be Friday. Lunch ideas for Leek or Chicken Soup? Will browse recepies...... Hope you all have a great day!!!!!

Babyblues4
07-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Goodmorning all!

Another HOT day here in Ontario. We're suppose to have a record hot day tomorrow with temps reaching 47c with the humidity!

I'm still sitting at 144lbs - no movement up or down. This happened in my 3 or 4th week on IP then I had a few weeks of wooshing - I'm hoping to get back into the wooshing phase.
I have 15lbs to go before reaching my goal weight, although now I'm wondering if I want to try a lower goal weight.. I guess I still have time to decide once I get closer to it.

Last night I made turkey burgers on the barbecue. I didn't add any breadcrumbs so I didn't know how they well they would stick together... I cooked them on top of tin foil to keep them from breaking apart.... They turned out REALLY good ... dh ate them without the bun as well and he surprised that he didn't miss the carb :carrot:

I ran last night again (9.30pm) to beat the heat. I've missed running and I'm happy to be back at it again! Hopefully it won't hurt my weight loss...

Off to fill the kiddie pool to cool off the little ones

Have a great IP day!

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Good morning everyone... It's going to be SO hot here the next few days (Northern Virginia). We are supposed to hit 98 tomorrow, 101 on Friday. Good thing I have plenty of propane to grill, since I really don't want to turn on my oven when it's that hot outside.

More good news: my garden has three tomatoes, one zucchini, and one cucumber getting ripe. I'm hoping that my IP-friendly foods will start rolling in over the next few weeks. I also have a tiny little watermelon (growing for my son, who is three), about the size of a baseball. It's SO cute.

My sinus infection is getting better. For the others on the forum who are battling colds/infections, don't forget your probiotics! The antibiotics kill all the good germs, and we have to replace them. I'm off to take my vitamins and start my day... with coffee.

I will be wearing my size 1 Chico's pants and top today when I'm off to work. They have strange sizes, but I used to not fit into a 3 because I was too big. SUCH a nice feeling.

I feel your pain on the heat! We've had temps over 100 and heat indexes of 115 (super humid!) for the last 4 days! Today is supposed to be the worst and the last. We have a cold front coming through so the high for tomorrow is only 92! :carrot: And on top of that, our grill started on fire the other night so we have to et a new one because running the oven in this heat is no fun at all.

I had a nice surprise on the scale this morning and wish like heck it was Thursday so I could record it! As of today I am down 15.2 lbs so let's hope I either maintain or loss a lil more by morning. ;)

I asked last night but I'm not sure if anyone saw it since it was later, what's the best way to eat the choc pancakes? I had a friend give me a pack so I'm excited to try them.

Joyflower
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Good Morning!!! Today is WI #6!! And I am super excited to see how things went this week!! NSV yesterday - I walked into work in the morning, and there on the table was an 'evil' cheesecake! BLAH!!!! I just kept telling myself it was evil and wasnt even tempted!! Saw girls going for some for breakfast and it just made me feel good that I wasnt tempted!!! Clothes are starting to look funny on me and I definately will need to get some new "essentials" soon as they are falling off me! I called a friend of mine who wears the size I was in, and she was excited to get some "new" clothes!!! Glad to get rid of it!!!!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!!!!

M0vingon
07-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Happy Wednesday! I'm slowly figuring out what day it is :D

It's Wi #14 for me. I'm down 3.4 lbs. I misplaced my measurements sheet, so I'm not sure how many inches I've lost. I can say that I put on a jacket that I haven't worn since May and I was swimming in it. It was snug when I bought it in April.

We had some wicked storms overnight and I am so beat. My energy levels seem to be quite low lately and not getting proper sleep doesn't help. I think I'm going to take a close look at my supplements and see if I need to tweak anything. Between the brain fog (ie: not knowing what day it is) and the tiredness, I suspect something is missing.

Have a great day everyone!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Good Morning!! I think this is my first time on this thread/post/whatever :) Resisted the HUGE urge to give in and cheat last night, on day 5 today, woke up and had oatmeal for the 1st time this morning....so glad I didn't go off. Anywho......hoping to stay strong today, 1st WI will be Friday. Lunch ideas for Leek or Chicken Soup? Will browse recepies...... Hope you all have a great day!!!!!Welcome and way to go... I like having leek soup with asparagus, the chicken soup I would make it a thick gravy for steamed cauliflower or turnips or broccoli.

Happy Wednesday! I'm slowly figuring out what day it is :D

It's Wi #14 for me. I'm down 3.4 lbs. I misplaced my measurements sheet, so I'm not sure how many inches I've lost. I can say that I put on a jacket that I haven't worn since May and I was swimming in it. It was snug when I bought it in April.

We had some wicked storms overnight and I am so beat. My energy levels seem to be quite low lately and not getting proper sleep doesn't help. I think I'm going to take a close look at my supplements and see if I need to tweak anything. Between the brain fog (ie: not knowing what day it is) and the tiredness, I suspect something is missing.

Have a great day everyone!Hey Cindy, I wish it was Thursday as then only one more day until vacation....

Everyone I feel for you with the heat, here it has rained every day for 32 days they said on the radio... so we really didn't have a spring or now a summer, it gets up to about 78 and then we get a wicked thunderstorm... and mosquitos... they don't fog here... too expensive.

Had an agility training session in the rain last night... my dogs love running in the rain. It actually was quite fun except the mosquitos... I know I go on and on about them... My one dog is scared of thunder so I was a little worried about her last night. Today she followed me around the house as I was getting ready to come to work.. She always knows when the bad weather is going to hit... suppose to rain all day today... oh well. Have a great day everyone and stay OP...

lboogs311
07-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Good morning all!
Great job on the losses today! Hope everyone that is battling a cold gets well soon, there's nothing worse than a cold in the summer!
I am sleepy this morning too. Our cat came into bed in the middle of the night and nudged us with her head....so I didn't sleep well. She's annoying, but way too cute to be mad at :)
We are experiencing a heat wave as well here in Mass, but at least the sun is shining!

juiceman11
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Good morning all, just thought I would drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work. It has been a hot month in KS, over 103°F all week. Crazy! Stay safe and well hydrated if you are out in the heat.

The changes this program makes in your life are too many to describe and are just wonderful. Keep up the good work and support for each other!

Take care!

Classy Broad
07-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Pxlkitty4 - hope you are feeling better soon! Sinus infections are the worst!!

Pretty exciting morning, I'm dow to 184, and I was at 225 when I first started trying to lose weight this year..so even though it's only a pound over..I have lost more than 40 pounds!!! Whoohoo!! And it will be 3 months that I have been on IP on the 25th. I am so excited about this loss!!

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Pxlkitty4 - hope you are feeling better soon! Sinus infections are the worst!!

Pretty exciting morning, I'm dow to 184, and I was at 225 when I first started trying to lose weight this year..so even though it's only a pound over..I have lost more than 40 pounds!!! Whoohoo!! And it will be 3 months that I have been on IP on the 25th. I am so excited about this loss!!

40 pounds in 3 months is amazing! Keep up the good work!:carrot:

calee
07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Good Morning,
I'm just starting to research IP and have been browsing the forums. I'm planning to start in the next few days using alternate products. I'm already doing high protein/low carb but I've let a few more carbs slip in and want to nip it before it becomes a bad habit.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Pauley
07-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Everyone but me seems to be having a heat wave! I had to pull my winter coat out of the closet today because it's freezing here! (Seattle) I nearly froze to death yesterday wearing open toe sandals to work.

You are inspiring me today Classy. I will be thrilled if I manage a 40 lb loss in 3 months.

Ishbel
07-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I had a NSV last night, my bf and I went to a pub for one of his work functions so I got the 6 oz steak sandwich with no sandwich and requested "no carbs on the plate". And then I ordered the veggie plate, a regular plate with select veggies $10!! Apparently they don't usually do the veggie plate because the celery was nasty lol. I don't mind going out with the bf and I don't usually care what people eat around me as I decided it was something I would just have to get used to. But I was really REALLY digging the ketchup last night...out of EVERYTHING around me, I wanted some ketchup, I didn't even want anything with it. Too Funny! (fyi I didn't have any of it)

OK – I need to VENT – WARNING! :)

Back to the veggie plate, I'm kind of disgusted how much more expensive it is to eat healthier. I have friends who have made that comment but now that I'm actually making those choices I see their point better. Carbs are addicting AND a cheap way to eat....no wonder I had problems. Of course, my mouth did open whenever my elbow would bend so I'll take most of the responsibility. But eating bad is really cheap....and it's a wonder why there is an obesity problem in our world.

Ok I'm done now, group hug, thanks :D

Carla

lroderick
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Hello all :):p

Today is WI # 3. Can't say i'm looking forward to it because it's that time of the month & I'm thinking the scale is not budging ! On man, & I hate that my WI is @ the end of the day ... it doesn't do me much justice ! I think this week when I pick foods, I'm really going to stay away from the restricted items. With all this money I'm spending I need to see some results, or I really can't justify the expense :( well, still trying to stay hopeful :dizzy:

Hope everyone has a great day ! :carrot:

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I had a NSV last night, my bf and I went to a pub for one of his work functions so I got the 6 oz steak sandwich with no sandwich and requested "no carbs on the plate". And then I ordered the veggie plate, a regular plate with select veggies $10!! Apparently they don't usually do the veggie plate because the celery was nasty lol. I don't mind going out with the bf and I don't usually care what people eat around me as I decided it was something I would just have to get used to. But I was really REALLY digging the ketchup last night...out of EVERYTHING around me, I wanted some ketchup, I didn't even want anything with it. Too Funny! (fyi I didn't have any of it)

Back to the veggie plate, I'm kind of disgusted how much more expensive it is to eat healthier. I have friends who have made that comment but now that I'm actually making those choices I see their point better. Carbs are addicting AND a cheap way to eat....no wonder I had problems. Of course, my mouth did open whenever my elbow would bend so I'll take most of the responsibility. But eating bad is really cheap....and it's a wonder why there is an obesity problem in our world.

Carla

I know! I bought 2 bags of grapes to donate to bible school this week and it was $13.50! :o I told my husband it's no wonder everyone is fat, someone could've just gotten 13 cheeseburgers off the dollar menu for that! Then a little later I told him it makes you wonder exactly what the stuff from the dollar menu is made of if they can charge so little. ;)

M0vingon
07-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Carla

This make me think of Supersize Me. He did a few interviews with low income families who eat at McDonalds regularly because it can be so cheap. Of course, many of them were obese. The system is definitely backwards.

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 12:30 PM
WI #7 for me today, down 2.2! Which I am very excited about. :) I am 3.6 pounds away from my July goal (get out of the 150's by end of July). 3.6 in 11 days will be a little bit challenging, but I am 100% OP and plan to stay that way.

So, for me, I had a pretty good week for losses, and I tried a couple of things different that I thought I would share.

#1: I did not get on the scale except for my official WI. I forced myself to stay off the scale to avoid any stress that comes along with seeing fluctuating numbers. I just stayed OP and let the plan do it's thing.

#2: I cut back on WF products. I don't really ever use the dressings, but I have taken to putting the caramel in my coffee or using the chocolate to enhance the chocolate drinks. I limited myself to 1 (T). per day, and I didn't even use it everyday, I would say 4-5 times over the course of 7 days.

#3: I cut out coffee. Which definitely helped with the WF. But I didn't have coffee one day last week.

I have no idea if this is all coincidence or not, but I am going to follow the same path this week and see what happens. I am also adding one more change this week, and that is going to 5 packets on workout days. I read through the athletic protocol and talked it over with my doc and he wants me to try 5 packets on workout days. I did a couple days last week where I did 5 b/c I was so hungry, but he wants me to try it everyday (I w/o).

Congrats on all of the losses and NSV's!

jordanna
07-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going :)

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Carla
Carla: AMEN SISTER!!!! I began the program on Saturday, my daughter had a softball over the weekend, we had to stay in a hotel overnight. Packed ahead, no problems. Sunday while they were eating Subway, there was a Chinese rest. next door, so I said, hey, I will go get just bok choy and broccoli steamed/told them only small take out container/NO RICE/NO EGGROLL. She gave me the total to pay......ready.....$7.53!!!!!!!! I was charged MORE than most dishes with meat and fixin's. That ticked me off!!!!

HopefulTricia
07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Still struggling to get back on this plan 100%. Breakfast and lunch are fine. It's after I've had dinner that all the cravings are raging. Staying away from carbs fine- it's the sugar that's making me nuts. it's the weakest link. so why can't I just tell it goodbye??
Very very hot here too. Hard to walk my 2 miles when it's like a sauna out.

droppingit
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop :(

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
WI #7 for me today, down 2.2! Which I am very excited about. :) I am 3.6 pounds away from my July goal (get out of the 150's by end of July). 3.6 in 11 days will be a little bit challenging, but I am 100% OP and plan to stay that way.

So, for me, I had a pretty good week for losses, and I tried a couple of things different that I thought I would share.

#1: I did not get on the scale except for my official WI. I forced myself to stay off the scale to avoid any stress that comes along with seeing fluctuating numbers. I just stayed OP and let the plan do it's thing.

#2: I cut back on WF products. I don't really ever use the dressings, but I have taken to putting the caramel in my coffee or using the chocolate to enhance the chocolate drinks. I limited myself to 1 (T). per day, and I didn't even use it everyday, I would say 4-5 times over the course of 7 days.

#3: I cut out coffee. Which definitely helped with the WF. But I didn't have coffee one day last week.

I have no idea if this is all coincidence or not, but I am going to follow the same path this week and see what happens. I am also adding one more change this week, and that is going to 5 packets on workout days. I read through the athletic protocol and talked it over with my doc and he wants me to try 5 packets on workout days. I did a couple days last week where I did 5 b/c I was so hungry, but he wants me to try it everyday (I w/o).

Jenny, I have been skeptical about the use of WF products, afraid too they will get me wanting sweets and I am not excited about the dressings, they taste so icky sweet in a weird way. What do you think the coffee may be doing? I have started saving it for snack w/chocolate drink for something different and have it in the am. I like hot tea just as well. I don't have my 1st weigh in until Friday.
I totally agree about the scale, my coach told me not to get on it. I couldn't resist last night.....it only showed like 1.5 lb and I was so aggravated after reading all the big losses on the posts, that is what almost triggered me to blow it last night. This morning I got back on and was down like 5 lbs sooooo, I have committed NOT to step on again other than weigh ins. I think it could make me binge....

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Jenny, forgot to ask, where in FL if you don't mind saying?

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

WOW Jordanna!!!! That is hilarious!!!! Amazing way to "feel" the loss, but wow......... seems like you took it in stride....I am assuming you were in the office already and not in the street!!!

Pauley
07-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I don't want to buy new pants either, but maybe a belt would be a good idea!

Ishbel
07-20-2011, 12:44 PM

I'm so sorry but I did chuckle when I read this. It's a total NSV but I could see this happening to me with EVERYONE seeing it so I felt guilty chuckling at it. Well done! :hug: You deserve a new pair of pants! :D

(personally I put on a pair of jeans this morning and decided within 10 minutes they wouldn't do for the day so I took them off and put them in the Sally Ann pile so this could have been me!)

Carla

jd447
07-20-2011, 12:44 PM

That's hilarious! Hope you don't have security cameras at work. Might make for a funniest video shot!!

Lnoelparis
07-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Good morning!
First day down. Stayed OP all day, drank my water, but my lunch wasnt so great...choked down my salad. It wasnt my usual, I was out of spinach, so maybe thats why??

I was feeling a little tired toward the evening and ready to have dinner. I made a stir fry with bok choy, celery, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli and 6 oz of chicken breast. It was great!

Here is my update:
Monday 7/18/11 -200.0 lbs
Tuesday 7/19/11 -196.4 lbs
Wednesday 7/20/11 - 193.8

Down 6.2, I like that! Looking at this number should give me an extra push if I get those withdrawl symptoms today! This week can be challenging (headaches, thinking of carbs, Diet Pepsi, etc.) :(

Does anyone get queasy taking thier vitamins. I have never been a good vitamin taker and even after eating light, I still get nauseaus. In fact, I am feeling like that just talking about it...ick! :( Any ideas?

Have a great OP day everyone!
Hugs,
Leah

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=jennydoodle;3946612]
#1: I did not get on the scale except for my official WI. I forced myself to stay off the scale to avoid any stress that comes along with seeing fluctuating numbers. I just stayed OP and let the plan do it's thing.QUOTE]

I need to do this and always say I will but I find a reason I need to peek most days. :( I will try harder next week. Or maybe even put it away this time.

Way to go on your weigh in. You can do 3.6!

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM

This may not sound right but, that's awesome. Love pants that are too big!

droppingit
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM

That is so funny! I have been walking around pulling up my pants every few steps too. Something about this diet makes you lose inches so quickly. You are lucky it didn't happen in the parking lot.:o

Louisiana chick
07-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Last week, I maintained when it was time to weigh in. I knew that I had followed IP protocol 100%. I didn't let it discourage me because as women our body does strange things when it comes to losing weight. I go in this morning to weigh in and thankfully the woosh fairy visited me. I lost 6.2 pounds this week. So I have lost 37.2 pounds in 12 weeks.:carrot: I am truly loving IP.

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Last week, I maintained when it was time to weigh in. I knew that I had followed IP protocol 100%. I didn't let it discourage me because as women our body does strange things when it comes to losing weight. I go in this morning to weigh in and thankfully the woosh fairy visited me. I lost 6.2 pounds this week. So I have lost 37.2 pounds in 12 weeks.:carrot: I am truly loving IP.
Yea Louisana Chick!! I am going to try and remember all the woosh posts. ....my 1st WI is Friday. I have been OP all week except for 1 tsp French's fried onions and 10 sea salt peanuts.......My accountability partner is all over thought, said "Don't plan to cheat", soooo, reading posts more often to stay on track, not really a huge cheat though, hoping it won't kill the 1st WI...

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop :(

I think all of us ladies on here have had TOM issues, especially on this diet, and can sympathize. I have been told the same things that you have about fat storing estrogen and that being released all at once when you lose weight quickly. My coach suggested I go on a birth control pill to regulate everything, but I decided against it since last time I was on the pill I gained weight.
Honestly I would just say, for me at least, the stellar weight loss outweighs the annoyance of irregular or overly long TOM's. I look at it like this: It's a nuisance now, but so is not eating what I want and having to prepare so much more food than I used to. And it is not for forever. Weight loss is my priority, so I am not going to let my monthly visitor make me quit. I would say stick to the program.

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 01:06 PM

Hahaha! I love this. If you needed any proof the diet was working this would be it. Time for new pants, I think... or at least a new belt. Glad nobody saw you. :) With my luck it would have been in front of a million people.

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM

You guys need to send her my way. Please! I won't keep her long. Maybe just a couple weeks.

Louisiana chick
07-20-2011, 01:16 PM
You guys need to send her my way. Please! I won't keep her long. Maybe just a couple weeks.

Just keep your eye on the final prize and the woosh fairy will visit you. She doesn't visit all the time but it sure it is nice when she is around. I would love to share her with everyone on these boards.:hug:

stolaf
07-20-2011, 01:18 PM

I have hypothyriodism and need to avoid soy. There r products here with low or no soy. I does limit what I have. Although thus is only my thrid day OP I feel great. Work with your counselor to find the low/no soy products. Good luck.

Spiffsgal
07-20-2011, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today. That's a good sign IP is working for you.....when your drawers fall off ;)

stolaf
07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow. Just read my last post That had tons of typos! I am using my Droid and the keyboard is not forgiving! Please excuse my lacks d skills:)

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Okay, drinkning my Leek soup, made soup, put 1.5 C steamed broccoli and 1/2 cup bok choy (left from what I paid $7.35 for this weekend to stay OP!!!!!!!!!)some onion powder or salt (don't remember), sea salt, garlic powder and blended away, then in microwave for 1 minute....Pretty good! Prefer drinking it to eating with a spoon. How bad would the regular salt mess you up OP? Anyone know?

stolaf
07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
I had the mushroom soup and an arugula, cucumber salad. The soup was soooo yummy. I had the tomato soup yesterday and had to choke it down. Ugh....anyone Have suggestions to doctor the tomato soup up?

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 01:49 PM
I had the mushroom soup and an arugula, cucumber salad. The soup was soooo yummy. I had the tomato soup yesterday and had to choke it down. Ugh....anyone Have suggestions to doctor the tomato soup up?
I posted a recipe yesterday for "Gazpacho" using the tomato soup, it is a cold soup, mixed the soup, added to Ninja mixer w/ 1.5 cups cucumber, 1/2 cup celery, cilantro, sea salt, can't remember what other spices if any, could add hot sauce to make spicy and like a V8. You eat/drink this COLD

Pxlkitty4
07-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Wow. Just read my last post That had tons of typos! I am using my Droid and the keyboard is not forgiving! Please excuse my lacks d skills:)

this is why my iPad signature says "Sent from my mobile gadget. Please excuse typos and brevity."

Timetolose
07-20-2011, 02:33 PM

Droppingit: I am on birth control and this has helped. I normally have light, 2-day periods but even with BC, the week of my period is very heavy since starting IP and doesn't stop until I start taking my regular pills again. I know that others have this problem and you might want to look at birth control to help control the periods...

Morning everyone! I am happy that today is the first day I have felt better in about 5 days. I got a really bad stomach flu and it knocked me out for a while. I still feel a bit out of it but am glad to be on the mend! I hope everyone else with their cold and such are feeling better soon! I am changing my WI days from Sat morning to thur evenings so tomorrow I WI and am not expecting anything amazing but am crossing my fingers!! Good luck on WIs and an OP week!

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Had kind of a strange comment at lunch. One of the girls I work with asked about my diet and I said, "it's just a protein diet" because she is always out to compete with me and it just drives me crazy and I wasn't feeling nice. ;) Anyway, she says, "Well is it working?" I said, "Well as of today I've lost 15 but I don't officially weigh in for my 4th week until tomorrow." She says, "Yeah, not that I check you out or anything but I can kinda tell."

Ummm, ok? I think that MAY have been a complement. And it was the 2nd one of the day. Another lady asked how it's goin, she hints she wants to do it but actually complemented me as she was toasting her toaster strudel. She said she can tell and I look great and she loved my shirt. Which is old but new if you know what I mean! Yes...shopping in my closet again!

Di2222
07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Not feeling well after 7 weeks on program. Doctor thinks I should stop. I dont waant to give up.

Pauley
07-20-2011, 02:40 PM
I think regular table salt is fine. They just want you to have the sea salt to make up a few lost minerals.

cadenlevi
07-20-2011, 02:41 PM
For those of you that have been doing this for a while, what should I expect realistically to lose in a week since I only have 20 more pounds to go until I reach my goal? Just curious what I should be striving for.

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't know that table salt is really good for anyone. My whole family switched to sea salt about 2 months before I started this program and we think it tastes way better. I never salted anything before, besides garlic salt, but now I use it at least once a day. I use garlic powder and onion powder also now.

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Not feeling well after 7 weeks on program. Doctor thinks I should stop. I dont waant to give up.
Di2222, did your dr. approve you before you started? What is it exactly that you are not feeling well? symptoms? similar to those posted by others? Why does your Dr. think you should stop?

Determinedat47
07-20-2011, 02:59 PM

It is because of the rapid weight loss of fat. Estrogen is stored in fat and with this diet, you lose fat rapidly and the extra estrogen is released into your blood stream. I know a few people who have had the same problem. One gal who is quite large, had to quit IP due to very heavy bleeding for over a month.

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 02:59 PM
For those of you that have been doing this for a while, what should I expect realistically to lose in a week since I only have 20 more pounds to go until I reach my goal? Just curious what I should be striving for.

They say an average of 3-5 pounds a week for women, but I have found that this really takes into account all the water weight and big loss on the very first week. For me, a more realistic average after that initial plunge has been 2-3. Some weeks are a lot less, but I tend to lose more inches those weeks, and they are usually followed by very big weeks. Some people may be losing faster, but I think since you are close to your goal you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect 5 pounds every week.
It is still the fastest I have ever lost though!!! :)

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
I have noticed on this diet that I tend to have mood swings, like every other day will be very good, followed by one pretty bad day (Today is a good day :) ). I try not to post about myself on those bad days, because it feels so wrong to me to complain when the diet is working so well, even on a bad day, and I try to stay positive. This board helps so much! I come on here and try to help a few people and feel so much better. :)

In other news, I found a clinic that is MUCH closer to my house, and I am considering switching to it. I am so worried about breaking up with my coach though... she is a sweetheart. It would just be so much easier if she were a little closer. I am going to check out the clinic first (make sure they also sell individual packs, and hope they have similar weigh in times available), but if I like it... I think it may be adios. Any advice?

pselias
07-20-2011, 03:07 PM
2.6 lbs down today!!! Was hoping for a little more, but still happy. I have some residual bloating from TOM. FIL's 60th birthday tomorrow and we're having a surprise dinner party at a local restaurant. Not too much on the menu there for me. $12 salad here I come!!!

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Jenny, I have been skeptical about the use of WF products, afraid too they will get me wanting sweets and I am not excited about the dressings, they taste so icky sweet in a weird way. What do you think the coffee may be doing? I have started saving it for snack w/chocolate drink for something different and have it in the am. I like hot tea just as well. I don't have my 1st weigh in until Friday.
I totally agree about the scale, my coach told me not to get on it. I couldn't resist last night.....it only showed like 1.5 lb and I was so aggravated after reading all the big losses on the posts, that is what almost triggered me to blow it last night. This morning I got back on and was down like 5 lbs sooooo, I have committed NOT to step on again other than weigh ins. I think it could make me binge....

I am not really sure if the coffee thing had anything to do with it, but since I was cutting down on WF, I had no reason to really drink coffee. I love coffee but switched to decaf years and years ago, so I don't really rely on it for it's caffeine purposes. So to drink or not to drink really makes no difference to me. So I just opted to not drink since I wanted to limit my WF usage.

It was really hard to not get on the scale, but so worth it. The first few weeks I was on it ALL THE TIME! But my trick is as soon as I get up, I go to the kitchen and chug a big glass of water. This way, even if I am tempted to get on the scale, I know it will be skewed. It has really helped mentally. As long as I am OP on doing what I should be doing, I know that IP will take care of itself. I also think that stressing out over any fluctuations is bad for weight loss. So I am staying off!

I am in Deerfield Beach (Broward County).

cadenlevi
07-20-2011, 03:11 PM
They say an average of 3-5 pounds a week for women, but I have found that this really takes into account all the water weight and big loss on the very first week. For me, a more realistic average after that initial plunge has been 2-3. Some weeks are a lot less, but I tend to lose more inches those weeks, and they are usually followed by very big weeks. Some people may be losing faster, but I think since you are close to your goal you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect 5 pounds every week.
It is still the fastest I have ever lost though!!! :)

I was thinking about three pounds a week would be optimal but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I knew that 5 pounds would be completely unrealistic since I'm so close to my goal weight. :D

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
I want to quickly comment on the hormone / TOM issue. I am on BC and the first couple of weeks I had some break through bleeding. I know that soy does raise estrogen levels in women, so I think between the soy and the sudden drops in weight the first few weeks it can really wreak havoc on your cycle.

However, I am starting week 8 and have not had any issues since the first 3 weeks. I intentionally try to stay away from the more heavy "soy" products in general. Even before IP I was very limited in my soy consumption. I think if you are having issues, you should look for the products that do not contain a lot of soy, and especially the ones with soy in the name. IE: Soy patty, PB soy puffs etc... I think that there is more than enough to chose from to make these changes and still have variety.

Wrecky
07-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I feel crabby today :(

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I was thinking about three pounds a week would be optimal but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I knew that 5 pounds would be completely unrealistic since I'm so close to my goal weight. :D

Only you know your body. I am a slow loser, I have always been. I accept it. For me, I am averaging just over 2# per week, and that is SUPER! I have never been on a diet where I have lost consistantly or lost this much in such a short amount of time. On WW or Jenny Craig, I was lucky to lose 2# a month.

Since you are so close to your goal it may be more like 2-3 pounds a week unless you are a "good loser"

Ishbel
07-20-2011, 03:22 PM

:hug:

cadenlevi
07-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Since you are so close to your goal it may be more like 2-3 pounds a week unless you are a "good loser"

I'm a bad loser LOL. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a metabolism I lose so slow :(. I am happy with 2-3 pounds a week, it's healthy and will get me where I need to be in a little over 2 months. Yea!!

CuteNcurls
07-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the morning laugh. I definitely needed that one as I woke up this morning and had trouble finding pants in the closet that would stay up. I made extra special care to only carry stuff in one hand this morning for the exact same reason. It might be embarrassing but I'd call this an awesome NSV!!!

Determinedat47
07-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Had kind of a strange comment at lunch. One of the girls I work with asked about my diet and I said, "it's just a protein diet" because she is always out to compete with me and it just drives me crazy and I wasn't feeling nice. ;) Anyway, she says, "Well is it working?" I said, "Well as of today I've lost 15 but I don't officially weigh in for my 4th week until tomorrow." She says, "Yeah, not that I check you out or anything but I can kinda tell."

Ummm, ok? I think that MAY have been a complement. And it was the 2nd one of the day. Another lady asked how it's goin, she hints she wants to do it but actually complemented me as she was toasting her toaster strudel. She said she can tell and I look great and she loved my shirt. Which is old but new if you know what I mean! Yes...shopping in my closet again!

Not sure what your starting weight was but 15 pounds is definetly noticable and I bet you really feel better which is the most important thing. Women can be such caddy b*t*h*e*. Why can't we all be happy for someone who is successful at improving the way they look and feel? Carry on!

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM

:( I'm sorry. I had one of those days yesterday. We are all here for you! :hug:

Determinedat47
07-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
I have noticed on this diet that I tend to have mood swings, like every other day will be very good, followed by one pretty bad day (Today is a good day :) ). I try not to post about myself on those bad days, because it feels so wrong to me to complain when the diet is working so well, even on a bad day, and I try to stay positive. This board helps so much! I come on here and try to help a few people and feel so much better. :)

In other news, I found a clinic that is MUCH closer to my house, and I am considering switching to it. I am so worried about breaking up with my coach though... she is a sweetheart. It would just be so much easier if she were a little closer. I am going to check out the clinic first (make sure they also sell individual packs, and hope they have similar weigh in times available), but if I like it... I think it may be adios. Any advice?

This diet isn't forever so there will be an eventual "breakup" anyway. If it makes it easier for you, go for it and move closer to home. There are enough struggles in life to deal with.:cool:

CuteNcurls
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Ok...so I have to admit to a very bad thing. Even after reading all of the comments about cheats and the mantras on here to stay OP I had a planned cheat day. I was celebrating my boyfriend's birthday yesterday and did not plan to accomodate my eating plan in his BBQ plan.

As everyone has said...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. And it definitely didn't. This morning I am up 2 pounds and the food wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be. I've learned me lesson...even planned cheats aren't worth it. I'm definitely staying OP from now on...

Wrecky
07-20-2011, 03:42 PM
:hug:

awwww, thank you :D

Wrecky
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
:( I'm sorry. I had one of those days yesterday. We are all here for you! :hug:

I love all you kind hearted people. Thanks :hug:

sandyh50
07-20-2011, 03:53 PM
At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.

Louisiana chick
07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.

I weighed and measured this morning at my clinic and they totaled pounds and inches. I have lost 37.2 pounds and 29.5 inches. They never mentioned that I should have lost more inches than pounds. I know that there are some weeks where I lose weight but hardly any inches and I have already maintained in weight but lost inches.

jordanna
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
JoseyM - for the cold Tomato Basil soup recipe I'm wondering a few things:

Did you add hot water to the soup first and then chill it or just cold water straight up?

Have you tried other veggies like radishes, peppers or spinach?

Have you tried adding lemon juice or horse radish or anything?

Thanks!

rooster on a diet
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. :( Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you

loriab
07-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to IP and to these forums. Today is only day 3 for me. I'm starting to get the hang of it. You guys are so great and have so much wonderful information. I look forward to getting to know you better.

brummie
07-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Oh my goodness! Hopefully you laughed your face off when you got in your office. What a great NSV (sort of!)

It's been said many times, but you really do find out who your friends are when you make a lifestyle change! I hope you don't let what your coworkers say get you down. It really is jealousy, because they don't have the focus, strength and determination to do something this important for themselves. Keep up the great work!

I'm sorry to hear that. Around my 10th week, I was having a few 'dizzy' episodes, not feeling too great physically. I upped my water intake and started adding egg whites in between meals. This helped drastically. I still drink copious amounts of water, but haven't had the egg whites for a couple of weeks - everything is still fine. Hope you feel better soon.

I definately notice slower losses now (I weigh myself mid-week at home, and I'm always the same weight as my previous weigh in - then at my official weigh in on Friday nights, I loose about 2lbs). I think 2lbs a week is reasonable at this point (i.e. I'm not complaining!)

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm proud of you for handling it so well. The biggest step for me was recognizing that I was in a bad mood before I let it take hold of me, the consequences of which would be an outburst when I got home from work! This will pass, I'm much more calmer now!

Hope you feel better soon...do something nice for yourself today, you deserve it!

hmmm..I haven't heard this before. As far as my losses go, the only real pattern I've seen is when I lose 3-4 pounds in a week, my inch loss is significantly less than on the weeks where I lose 1-2 pounds. My coach has shown no concern with this. I'll bring it up with her on Friday and see if she has any input (which I highly doubt, because I think I know more about the protocol then she does...she wanted me to go to phase 2 after my second week..??? I told her to read the protocol sheets SHE had given me and all I got was...oh OK)

brummie
07-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. :( Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you

Hi Rooster!
On my Phase 1 sheet it says radishes are allowed.

Ishbel
07-20-2011, 04:37 PM

Thank you

My notes say you can have radishes.....:chin:

rooster on a diet
07-20-2011, 04:38 PM
My notes say you can have radishes.....:chin:

Wooohhoooo!!! thank you ishbel, brummie :carrot:

Gika
07-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Ok so WI#6 for me was disappointing.. AGAIN :halfempty only lost 1lb.

I went to the new clinic today, and spoke to the physician about my horrible problem with C. I have tried everything it seems.. magnesium citrate (liquid).. CALM, stool softener (colace).. all to no avail. She basically said to take a whole bottle of the magnesium citrate (as opposed to the 2 tbs that are recommended in the IP sheet) for two days, so I guess that's 2 bottles really, and then continue with the CALM and colace for maintenance. So wish me luck with this!

I'm hoping once this problem is taken care of my numbers will be a bit better. It's a little frustrating.. but I'm not discouraged at all. I mean, I've still lost at least a little. I think I may just be a slow loser in general as well.

Also, although I've been doing some light walking and biking since week #3, I've decided as of this week I'm going to increase the intensity and frequency a bit.:)

Everyone keep up the good work, it's worth it!:)

Louisiana chick
07-20-2011, 04:47 PM
I have been searching the various forums for IP looking for the printout of the nutritional information for all of the products that IP sells. If anyone knows where I can seach for it, please let me know. I appreciate it.

brummie
07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I have been searching the various forums for IP looking for the printout of the nutritional information for all of the products that IP sells. If anyone knows where I can seach for it, please let me know. I appreciate it.

I'm not sure about the print out, but if you go to myfitnesspal(dot)com, you can search the values for the ideal protein products

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 04:56 PM

I went to the new clinic today, and spoke to the physician about my horrible problem with C. I have tried everything it seems.. magnesium citrate (liquid).. CALM, stool softener (colace).. all to no avail. She basically said to take a whole bottle of the magnesium citrate (as opposed to the 2 tbs that are recommended in the IP sheet) for two days, so I guess that's 2 bottles really, and then continue with the CALM and colace for maintenance. So wish me luck with this!

I'm hoping once this problem is taken care of my numbers will be a bit better. It's a little frustrating.. but I'm not discouraged at all. I mean, I've still lost at least a little. I think I may just be a slow loser in general as well.

Also, although I've been doing some light walking and biking since week #3, I've decided as of this week I'm going to increase the intensity and frequency a bit.:)

I take Walmart's version of Senokot and I don't have much trouble. It's cheap so it might be worth a try.

Bellamack
07-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Hello Everyone,
Today is day 20 for me, so I can get my ticker. yeah! It is hot here in upstate NY, but tomorrow is gonna be the killer. I am making the Big Mac in a bowl tonight for the first time, can't wait. I am making the homemade thousand island dressing that someone posted, I just can't handle the WF dressings. Stay Cool.

Jasesgirl
07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Well yesterday was supposed to be my second day..and i screwed up!!! NEVER got to a birthday party without a packet or being prepared!!! i screwed myself up..cause i didnt eat anything before i left and then got there and was starving and there was nothing i could eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So...note to self: prepare prepare prepare for anything you go to... Wont make that mistake again..

Oh well..Day 1 all over again.. Im starving today! Drinking my water like crazy and yet..starving!!!!!

Gika
07-20-2011, 05:25 PM
I take Walmart's version of Senokot and I don't have much trouble. It's cheap so it might be worth a try.

How much and how often do you take it?

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Determinedat47
07-20-2011, 05:45 PM

I think your coach is blowing smoke. Some weeks, you lose inches and no pounds, some weeks you lose pounds and barely any inches. Have been teading this forum for 6 months and that is typical.

redhead14
07-20-2011, 05:46 PM

My pharmacy girl told me to not mess around just drink the whole bottle of mag citrate and lots of water. She was right worked VERY well. Warning stay close to the bathroom!! The big C is awful, hope you get some relief soon.

Lucky Chick
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM

I agree with the others who said this is a bunch of malarky. :D Don't worry about it. We all lose in different ways.

As an aside, almost every coach measures differently anyway. Does your coach do one arm or two? ankles? one thigh or both?... TOM can affect the pounds lost even when you are on IP due to water retention, etc.

Don't worry. I'm sure you are fine. :hug:

Jordanna-- You had me laughing out loud at work. Someone actually came into my office to find out why. Thanks I needed that today! :rofl:

Celticgirl
07-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Per my gastrointernist I take Miralax twice a day & Colace. I have always had a problem with the bit C and staying on this regimen keeps me "empty". Good Luck.

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 06:20 PM
How much and how often do you take it?

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I take 2 once a day. The first few days it kinda gave me a gut ache but now it doesn't at all. It's just a vegetable laxative.

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Hey all! I hope eveyone is having a great day!

My hubby and I were going to try to beat the heat yesterday and go to the local pool to cool off a bit in this horribly hot, humid weather. Unfortunately the pool was closed so we went home and as I took off my swim bottoms I noticed that they were looking a little thread-bare. Upon further inspection (held those puppies up towards the light) I noticed that they were plenty thread-bare right where the crack of my behind was (THANK GOD THE POOL WAS CLOSED).

Went to the store today to replace those bottoms (top is still in really good shape) and I was quickly reminded why the swimsuit that I own is so old...I HATE SWIMSUIT SHOPPING:mad:!!!

Thankfully I am on day 2 week 2 of IP without any cheating (thanks to some great suggestions by some of you on how to avoid cravings) and next time I go swimsuit shopping I will feel much better about how I look in one....have a great day all!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Good morning all, just thought I would drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work. It has been a hot month in KS, over 103°F all week. Crazy! Stay safe and well hydrated if you are out in the heat.

The changes this program makes in your life are too many to describe and are just wonderful. Keep up the good work and support for each other!

Take care!Great to hear from you Juice, How is your garden going? can we all come and harvest it soon? Glad you stopped by to say hi.

And that's how my day is going :) Oh you have to admit it is funny... Thanks for the laugh.

Good morning!
First day down. Stayed OP all day, drank my water, but my lunch wasnt so great...choked down my salad. It wasnt my usual, I was out of spinach, so maybe thats why??

I was feeling a little tired toward the evening and ready to have dinner. I made a stir fry with bok choy, celery, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli and 6 oz of chicken breast. It was great!

Here is my update:
Monday 7/18/11 -200.0 lbs
Tuesday 7/19/11 -196.4 lbs
Wednesday 7/20/11 - 193.8

Down 6.2, I like that! Looking at this number should give me an extra push if I get those withdrawl symptoms today! This week can be challenging (headaches, thinking of carbs, Diet Pepsi, etc.) :(

Does anyone get queasy taking thier vitamins. I have never been a good vitamin taker and even after eating light, I still get nauseaus. In fact, I am feeling like that just talking about it...ick! :( Any ideas?

Have a great OP day everyone!
Hugs,
LeahIf you have the vitamins with your meal or on a full stomach you are less likely to get nauseaous. I have that if I take my pills in the morning and forget to have my breakfast right away.

I was thinking about three pounds a week would be optimal but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I knew that 5 pounds would be completely unrealistic since I'm so close to my goal weight. :D Please don't expect 3 lbs. cant tell how much you regularily lose but now that you are getting close to your goal, they say the last 10 lbs are the hardest ones to come off. as for me I am all over the scale but average out to between 13 and 17 lbs a month

Thank you Never mind someone answered. Have you tried radish chips yet?

Good afternoon everyone, you all sound like you are having a great day..
Wrecky, tomorrow will be better and to make you smile read Jordanna's post again...

I have been in one of my other offices today so just finally caught up on the news from the day... Congrats on all your NSVs and SVs and have a great night.

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I am not really sure if the coffee thing had anything to do with it, but since I was cutting down on WF, I had no reason to really drink coffee. I love coffee but switched to decaf years and years ago, so I don't really rely on it for it's caffeine purposes. So to drink or not to drink really makes no difference to me. So I just opted to not drink since I wanted to limit my WF usage.

It was really hard to not get on the scale, but so worth it. The first few weeks I was on it ALL THE TIME! But my trick is as soon as I get up, I go to the kitchen and chug a big glass of water. This way, even if I am tempted to get on the scale, I know it will be skewed. It has really helped mentally. As long as I am OP on doing what I should be doing, I know that IP will take care of itself. I also think that stressing out over any fluctuations is bad for weight loss. So I am staying off!

I am in Deerfield Beach (Broward County).
GREAT idea about chugging the water to help "resist" the temptation...I don't think I will get on again, going to focus on loser clothes (hopefully)...I am in Inverness (a little South of Ocala)/.

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Just wondering if its normal to experience days of fluctuating extreme hunger and no hunger? I have noticed the past few days that I havent felt hungry at all but today I am hungry 1 hour after eating and drinking a glass of water doesnt help...has anyone else had this problem?

Also wondering when the bathroom runs will end? I have never been a big water drinker and am now consuming between 48 and 64 oz a day and running to the bathroom every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night too 1-3 times to use the bathroom also...any ideas on how long it takes your body to get used to having the extra fluids?

Thanks all for the info and support!:)

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
JoseyM - for the cold Tomato Basil soup recipe I'm wondering a few things:

Did you add hot water to the soup first and then chill it or just cold water straight up?

Have you tried other veggies like radishes, peppers or spinach?

Have you tried adding lemon juice or horse radish or anything?

Thanks!
Jordanna (my daughter loves your name, hers is Jordan and wants to know why I didn't spell it like yours!!), I mixed the soup with cold tap since the soup is supposed to be cold, I may have even used cold out of the fridge and just used a little more water since I wanted a bit more soup. I tried to keep the recipe as close as I would if making true Gazpacho, so I have not tried any of the others you suggested, but I am sure they would be YUMMY< more like a V8. I think next time I will leave the onion out, it overpowered the other taste a bit. Let me know how it works for you :)

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 06:36 PM

Thank you
Rooster, they are allowed, they are on my list. I have been using as a crunchy "snack" with my lunch.

Determinedat47
07-20-2011, 06:36 PM
My pharmacy girl told me to not mess around just drink the whole bottle of mag citrate and lots of water. She was right worked VERY well. Warning stay close to the bathroom!! The big C is awful, hope you get some relief soon.

I believe there is an entire thread that just addresses constipation. I would think the mag citrate may have carbs, not sure. So that a person doesn't have to stay near a toilet for fear of an accident, mirilax or novalax works very well- and doesn't give you the big "D". I suggest/recommend Mirilax for all of my patient's who complain of constipation and use it myself when I have had trouble on this diet.

Lucky Chick
07-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Just wondering if its normal to experience days of fluctuating extreme hunger and no hunger? I have noticed the past few days that I havent felt hungry at all but today I am hungry 1 hour after eating and drinking a glass of water doesnt help...has anyone else had this problem?

Also wondering when the bathroom runs will end? I have never been a big water drinker and am now consuming between 48 and 64 oz a day and running to the bathroom every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night too 1-3 times to use the bathroom also...any ideas on how long it takes your body to get used to having the extra fluids?

I was hungry at the beginning of the diet and then again around week 5 or 6 for a few days. I had an egg white or dill pickle and tried to distract myself. Hopefully you will get past it soon.

I hate to say, but you might find you have better losses if you drink more water. 48 oz is too little and 64 is borderline. You might want to try to shoot for more like 80-100. I try to get most of my water earlier in the day so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night, but I think having kids helped my bladder expand. I don't have too much trouble. Good luck! :)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-20-2011, 06:49 PM

Thanks all for the info and support!:)I see Lucky answered you... I too recommend more than 64 oz... they say half of what you weigh now you should be drinking... also bathroom breaks don't end I am into my 6th month and I don't go as much as night anymore but do go between 3 - 430 and then am up by 5 to go again... on here somewhere someone suggested stop drinking water about 1 hour before bed... I am on my 3rd 32 oz cup full and it is just about finished and I still have hours to get through... I am so thirsty today I think it is because I had Iced coffee for this morning and can't seem to quench my thirst.

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I have tried to stay away from beef all week and I needed a big mac in a bowl tonight so I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow! Has anyone noticed smaller losses when eating beef over fish or chicken?

loriab
07-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I have tried to stay away from beef all week and I needed a big mac in a bowl tonight so I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow! Has anyone noticed smaller losses when eating beef over fish or chicken?

Have you ever tried using ground turkey breast? I've been using it for a long time so I don't notice a huge difference.

niknakjack
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM

LOL, that is hysterical. You must feel great that your clothes no longer fit. You should probably hit a store though to get a belt ar some new clothes, not to many of course because you'll have to buy more very soon. Just enough to get by for now. Great job w/your weight loss.

whirlybird68
07-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Bahahahahaha too funny jordanna!

whirlybird68
07-20-2011, 07:37 PM
trying to figure out how to delete a post

niknakjack
07-20-2011, 07:38 PM

My coaches say it is very common your period will be inconsistent or even non existent on this diet they tell us that from the first consultation. It's such a low calorie diet that it can effect it. Not so uncommon and I don't think you have to much to worry about. But check w/your coaches or your doctor they may have an ides for you. Hope it works out for you!

JoseyM
07-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I made turnips in the microwave like a baked potatoe from a post on recipes I saw, not bad, had never eaten the root before, only the green.....I could have cooked it a bit more, used some spray 0/0/0 butter and sea salt, it was sweet.........what a shock, I didn't know :) LOL.....Searched high and low for rhubarb today in all 5 of my grocery stores...NONE :) UGHHHHHHH, bought some strawberry artifical flavor to have a sweet treat... :(
BTW...thanks to my buddy Wuv2B for keeping me out of trouble via text in the grocery stores....

niknakjack
07-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Thank you

I though radishes were a FREE food and you could snack on them all day long along w/celery and cucumbers. I think you should be ok.

wuv2bloved
07-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I made turnips in the microwave like a baked potatoe from a post on recipes I saw, not bad, had never eaten the root before, only the green.....I could have cooked it a bit more, used some spray 0/0/0 butter and sea salt, it was sweet.........what a shock, I didn't know :) LOL.....Searched high and low for rhubarb today in all 5 of my grocery stores...NONE :) UGHHHHHHH, bought some strawberry artifical flavor to have a sweet treat... :(
BTW...thanks to my buddy Wuv2B for keeping me out of trouble via text in the grocery stores....

LOL...you are welcome!!!

I had my week #11 weigh in today and lost 2.2lbs which makes 52lbs total. So I was pretty excited about that only 1/2 in though. I told her she could of kept it til next week I wouldn't of mind....lol

I went to see my Dr today for my thyroid medicine refill and I hadn't been there since I started this program. I walked in and the girl behind the counter looked at me then looked at me again and said OMG look at you!....I had to take a double take to make sure it was you....lol. The nurse who usually weighs me is usually rude. The scale that is there is the old time dr scales so of course it wouldn't weigh me when I was 388lbs so today she asked me how much I weighed and I proudly said 337lbs and said I bet that scale will weigh me now so she said lets see....and BINGO!!! it did!! After my appointment everyone wanted to know how I have lost and how long it has taken me. When I told them the total and the amount of time they were amazed and all want to be on it now....lol. I told all of them about this site and how wonderful it is. So maybe I have passed on the IP want too to a few other people!

TWoww
07-20-2011, 08:14 PM
This is exactly what happened to me and I was in TOM mode for 30 days! I eventually just used the milk choc pudding as it is the only packet that did not have Soy Protein. When I was in phase 1, I also would have the Salt and vinegar ridges, again no soy. Other than those 2 packets, not sure if there are any others that don't contain soy...

ItsAboutTime
07-20-2011, 08:15 PM

I drink 120-140 ounces of water a day and I haven't ever had to get up in the middle of the night. Guess I'm lucky. I agree though, you need more water.

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I drink 120-140 ounces of water a day and I haven't ever had to get up in the middle of the night. Guess I'm lucky. I agree though, you need more water.

Thanks ladies for all of the responses....Filler' up... (my poor bladder is going to be swimming) :dizzy::)

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Josey did you try the frozen fruit section? Even though its technically a vegetable our stores carry it frozen all year round in the frozen isle with the fruit...good luck with your search for some. It has truly been a savior for me :)

How did you like the turnips? Were they good or just tollerable?

stolaf
07-20-2011, 09:21 PM
help, please.....I am just finishing day 3 on IP. My first two days were kind of "easy"> Today I am struggling. I am tired and really, really hungry. I ate all 5 IP today and I am still hungry.

Did anyone else have an easy first few days and then hit wall on the third day? I have a workshop that I have to fun tomorrow at work and need my energy. I can't feel like this in front of 40 people.

Any ideas or thoughts?

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 09:36 PM

Yup, I am starting week 8 and some days I have to remind myself to eat and some days I have my hand in the pickle jar all day (they are free!). I don't know what this means, but I am steadily losing weight, so I don't question it.

I don't think the bathroom runs ever end. I have been drinking upwards of 100 oz of water daily for years and I still go to the bathroom just about every hour and I usually get up at least 1x per night to pee. Probably not what you wanted to hear :dizzy:

niknakjack
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Just made some miracle noodles w/fresh broccoli and soy sauce, mustard, sugar free ketchup, fresh parsly, ginger and garlic had to say w/the right preparation they are pretty good.

I ordered from miraclenoodle.com they are 0carbs, 0calories, 0fat, 0everything. They are made w/water and fiber. They take on the taste of whatever you season them with.

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I have a question. I was in a rush leaving for work this evening and didn't have time to cook anything. I haven't had my "real" protein yet for the day, but I DO have an extra RTD with me. I am wondering if I should drink the RTD and just skip my meat for this one day, or if that is going to be a problem. I could theoretically go out and find a restaurant that would make me a chicken breast and salad, it wouldn't be terribly difficult, but I am not that hungry and if no one thinks it will be an issue skipping it just today, I would be just as happy just drinking my dinner and eating my veggies when I get home.
Let me know what you think please! Thank you!

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 10:30 PM
help, please.....I am just finishing day 3 on IP. My first two days were kind of "easy"> Today I am struggling. I am tired and really, really hungry. I ate all 5 IP today and I am still hungry.

Did anyone else have an easy first few days and then hit wall on the third day? I have a workshop that I have to fun tomorrow at work and need my energy. I can't feel like this in front of 40 people.

Any ideas or thoughts?

For me, the whole first week was rough and I felt like you are feeling.

Will you be able to have a cooler / lunch bag with you in your workshop? If so, in addition to your packets and salad and veggies, throw in some dill pickles, some cut up cucumber and a couple of hard boiled egg whites. The pickles and cukes are free, so you can pack as many as you like. There is some discrepancy from coach to coach on the "free-ness" of egg whites, so in order to stay somewhere in between, I would suggest 2. This should help get you through the day a little better.

And if you can tolerate just eating plain lettuce, you can pack extra of that too. For me, I need dressing, so I can't just munch on lettuce, but some people can.

So your bag should consist of:

Lunch packet
2 snack packets
Veggies (for lunch)
Salad (for lunch)
Dressing (with your 1 teaspoon olive oil)
2 hard boiled egg whites
Dill pickles- as many as you want
Sliced up cucumbers- as many as you want

This should help get you through the day! :hug:

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Yup, I am starting week 8 and some days I have to remind myself to eat and some days I have my hand in the pickle jar all day (they are free!). I don't know what this means, but I am steadily losing weight, so I don't question it.

I don't think the bathroom runs ever end. I have been drinking upwards of 100 oz of water daily for years and I still go to the bathroom just about every hour and I usually get up at least 1x per night to pee. Probably not what you wanted to hear :dizzy:

Jenny not at all what I wanted to hear! lol...:) I am about ready to catheterize myself or invest in some depends...this is ridiculous...lol:)

jennydoodle
07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I have a question. I was in a rush leaving for work this evening and didn't have time to cook anything. I haven't had my "real" protein yet for the day, but I DO have an extra RTD with me. I am wondering if I should drink the RTD and just skip my meat for this one day, or if that is going to be a problem. I could theoretically go out and find a restaurant that would make me a chicken breast and salad, it wouldn't be terribly difficult, but I am not that hungry and if no one thinks it will be an issue skipping it just today, I would be just as happy just drinking my dinner and eating my veggies when I get home.

If it were me, I would drink the RTD and have your veggies. From what I take away from the book, the reason we get the "meal on our own" is more for sanity purposes and the ability to socialize and eat out with friends and family. I don't really think it is a matter of having to have an actual piece of chicken or beef. I would think the most important thing would be to make sure you get your 4 cups of veggies in.

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Regular peanut butter is obviously off limits while on IP but I know that WF carries their own peanut butter...does anyone know if we can have it? My DH made himself a peanut butter sandwich and I almost went through the roof...

Thefireresides
07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Regular peanut butter is obviously off limits while on IP but I know that WF carries their own peanut butter...does anyone know if we can have it? My DH made himself a peanut butter sandwich and I almost went through the roof...

YES WF carries peanut spread... It isn't great... but it isn't awful... I melt mine for 20 secs in the microwave and add a tsp of strawberry spread

MJKinMN
07-20-2011, 11:07 PM
YES WF carries peanut spread... It isn't great... but it isn't awful... I melt mine for 20 secs in the microwave and add a tsp of strawberry spread

YES!!!! Peanut butter and Jelly..... I love it:carrot: thanks fire !!!

M0vingon
07-20-2011, 11:15 PM

I'm with JennyDoodle on this one. I'd just drink the RTD and have a salad and veggies. I have done this- no harm done. :)

whirlybird68
07-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Knowing how I feel when I don't get anything for hours, I would say no. You need the protein from the real food.

whirlybird68
07-20-2011, 11:32 PM

Any ideas or thoughts?

Stolaf, are you eating somewhere near 8 oz of meat? Are you drinking all of the water? Are you spreading the ip packs and food up so you will have something every few hours?

Princess Jessica
07-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks guys! :hug:
I just had the RTD and I will be fine till I get home to my vegetables. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that the "real" meal was mostly just for sanity and social purposes. That is good to remember for the future if I run out of time again. Less stress not having to come up with a last minute meal. I am going to try not to make a habit of it though... I do enjoy my one real meal a day and it feels like my body appreciates it too. :)

whirlybird68
07-20-2011, 11:44 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;3947505]LOL...you are welcome!!!

I had my week #11 weigh in today and lost 2.2lbs which makes 52lbs total. So I was pretty excited about that only 1/2 in though.QUOTE]
Before you know it it will be 100 lbs!
Great job friend! It didn't get there in a day, I continually remind myself.

whirlybird68
07-20-2011, 11:46 PM
? What is an rtd? What is nsv?

smpnew
07-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Just made some miracle noodles w/fresh broccoli and soy sauce, mustard, sugar free ketchup, fresh parsly, ginger and garlic had to say w/the right preparation they are pretty good.

I ordered from miraclenoodle.com they are 0carbs, 0calories, 0fat, 0everything. They are made w/water and fiber. They take on the taste of whatever you season them with.

Are these like the Shiritaki noodles --- smell like fish and have to be rinsed many, many times to be used?

smpnew
07-20-2011, 11:48 PM
? What is an rtd? What is nsv?

RTD is Ready to Drink.

NSV is a non-scale victory

Purrfect
07-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys! :hug:
I just had the RTD and I will be fine till I get home to my vegetables. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that the "real" meal was mostly just for sanity and social purposes. That is good to remember for the future if I run out of time again. Less stress not having to come up with a last minute meal. I am going to try not to make a habit of it though... I do enjoy my one real meal a day and it feels like my body appreciates it too. :)

I agree with Jenny, too...when I'm really pressed for time I just use the packets and try to make sure I get the veggies in. It only happens on occasion but it is an effort to keep up with the food prep...between work, family, and all of the details of life!

I think you could do this plan without any animal protein, the protein packets are so carefully engineered and available to the body. But now that I've learned about the OP Big Mac, heck, I'm going for the "real meal"!!

good luck...btw:D, love that cow outfit!!!!

Princess Jessica
07-21-2011, 12:35 AM
good luck...btw:D, love that cow outfit!!!!

Thanks! :D Isn't it the best?? I stole it from my little sister for a costume contest. It is so fun to walk around in (although noisy, because it continuously inflates itself with this little motor thing).... everything little move you make in it looks hysterical. :lol:

Gika
07-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses/suggestions on my C problem. I did read all the threads recent and old on this subject, that's how I decided to try calm and colace. Anyway, I took my bottle of magnesium citrate and after I'm "empty" I"ll continue either with the Calm and colace or Miralax and colace.

Thanks again!

Good night

niknakjack
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
WF peanut Butter is very disgusting and a weird texture too, I would not recommend this product. My clinic lets us taste a lot of the products before we buy them. Ask if you can have a sample before you waste your money on this! If they have a fridge they should let people try these things first because a lot of WF are NOT good, have weird textures and weird chemical tastes.

niknakjack
07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Are these like the Shiritaki noodles --- smell like fish and have to be rinsed many, many times to be used?

Yes. If you rinse in cold water for a couple of minutes then boil in hot water for 1 minute or so they are fine, no weird smells. Then try sautéing them with other ingredients in the sauté pan and lots of seasonings they were really good. reminded me of these ramen noodles that my husband eats, I had the angel hair looking ones.