Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 AM   #1  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Talking Ever played ring around the rosie?

Well..tonite i played the dieters version of "ring around the food table". I had to attend a 65th birthday party tonite and i found myself circling the food table like a vulture. Yes i said vulture. I was circling it, looking at the food..every so often i would pick at a piece of vegetable that i knew was safe.. I just had to sniff the chocolate cake and ask someone "what does it taste like?".. The response i got as the women shoved the piece in her mouth was "tooo sweet..really.." I found myself settling in for a partial greek salad serving and two pickles.. Being on IP a lot of foods were off limits..so i circled afew more times and then settled for taking a scoop of the greek salad..however..i picked out the olives..picked out the tomatos and picked out the feta...the dressing was already on there..but because it was no more than a cup..im guessing that it was not enough oil to set me back..But still..as i sat there..i found myself nit picking my salad because..hey..why do you want salad when others are eating pasta and ribs and potato salad and brownies and cake...

But hey...its life right? We live and die by our forks and what we choose to put in our bodies..if we have killed ourself by eating..its time to put the fork down!

Ring around the rosie..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

*laughs* Sounds like you were able to make the best decision possible given the choices you had! Good job
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/128/116

Height: 5ft

Thats brilliant that you stayed strong and ate salad and veg. I know its hard but i bet you felt alot better afterwards knowing you resisted!
carrieanne4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Great job! You showed incredible strength of will
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #5  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the smile and the truth of it all.
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 AM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

I have to ask... if you pick the olives, tomatoes, and feta from a Greek salad, what's left? Would imagine it was lettuce and cucumber and maybe some onion?

Amazing willpower. Very strong from you I could never manage to go to a party and just eat salad greens. You seem very focused, well done.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #7  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Yes..you keep the onion that cucumber and the occasional tomato piece..there was no lettuce in this one..shame..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #8  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I'll pre-eat when I go to a party like that depending on my expectation of food choices. If I think there will be nothing but junk, I'll go ahead and eat my normal meal and then just drink water and try to focus on socializing. If I think there might be a few things, then I'll have a high protein snack to take the edge off so that my blood sugar isn't making me choose poorly. Mostly, because I am such a social eater and don't handle those types of situations well, I try to stay away from the food table and give my attention to the people that are there. Keeping a glass of water in my hand helps.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote