Ideal Protein Diet - How did you find IP and decide to go for it?

amyniagara
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
I found IP through OCNW here in Portland Oregon and committed to it because I liked the non-toxic, healthy foods and the idea of burning fat as fuel -- and I especially liked the of changing my eating habits by good food combining so as not to get fat again. How did you come to IP?

Princess Jessica
07-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I got lucky and a local deal website was running a special introductory offer on a "diet program". I bought it on a spur of the moment type purchase. :) Then I looked into it and realized that it was actually a really good buy. I made the decision that it would work, went to my consultation, and never looked back. Best impulse buy ever. :)

ItsAboutTime
07-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Half of my town is doing it. Well, not half but a large number of people. I have a few friends that went through it and one who lost the majority of her weight on alternate products. I had been telling myself I couldn't afford it and when I found out alternates worked for her I told myself I can't afford not to.

Princess Jessica
07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Half of my town is doing it. Well, not half but a large number of people. I have a few friends that went through it and one who lost the majority of her weight on alternate products. I had been telling myself I couldn't afford it and when I found out alternates worked for her I told myself I can't afford not to.

That must be amazing having so much support! I wish half my town was doing it. Then I wouldn't have to worry about how to explain it to people. :) Not to mention it wouldn't be so hard finding ways to tell people no when they want to go out to eat 3 meals a day. :lol:

Jasesgirl
07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I found it online..saw a promotion and then checked it out..and signed up!!

Ishbel
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
My mom actually did the program and lost 40 lbs. She was desperate for me to join in Jan and I was doing something on my own and it felt too expensive (yadda yadda yadda - obviously I wasn’t ready). Then in April I was still dealing with the 5 lbs I had in Jan and I was frustrated and seriously thinking about surgery. I found out I could get a lap band in a city only 40 minutes from me for 17K I could get in within 5 weeks. So, I spent one hour trying to figure out where I would get 17K. Then after that hour I remembered that I had a bad reaction to my gallbladder surgery 2 years ago (I was in the hospital for 4 weeks due to complications). It really scared me how close I was to voluntarily going under the knife considering how bad my surgery experience was. So I decided my money was better spent on IP.

I'm not sorry!! I'm very happy with this diet. It's clicked in me; I've become very regimental with my food. I'm giving up a trip to Europe because of the cost but its cheaper than the 17K I would have spent on the lap band. And I'm saving myself another bad experience with surgery. :)

I've went to my family doctor and put it all out on the table down to the amount of oil and what supplements. She's ok with it and wants me to keep going.

cajunladybug22
07-19-2011, 06:09 PM
My cousin did it last fall and lost 40lbs in 3 months. He also explained the science behind it to me, and because I knew I had Insulin Resistance, I wanted to correct that before my husband and I start trying for another baby next year. :)

petie
07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
My daughter (from California) called me on her way to her first appt. As soon as I got off the phone with her I was all over the net trying to find something here. It's been fun doing it with her. She also is a great cheer leader for me.

jennylauren19
08-03-2011, 02:17 PM
A co-worker lost 40 lbs in 4 months, then another co-worker tried it and lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks. I finally just made the decision to go for it, and am so happy I did!

Watkat
08-03-2011, 02:22 PM
My sisters, brother, dad, and mom were all doing it and losing like crazy so here I am.

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
My esthetician told me about it. She's so tiny I couldn't believe she ever needed to lose weight. But she said she'd never stuck to anything before and she found it easy and the food was good, she was never hungry and she lost fast. So I checked it out. But the real convincer for me were the stories and stats I read on here.

futureskinnygirl
08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
I work for a local hospital and they were offering the program. I noticed co workers shrinking at an alarming rate:) I also get an employee discount which makes it even better. I've lost 19 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks!

Emmy8
08-03-2011, 04:53 PM
My brother's neighbors were all losing serious amounts of weight so he decided to try it too. He was doing so well and not cheating which is a big problem for him. His wife joined in, showing up 14 lbs. lighter, on our way to Mexico, which is what sealed the deal for me! She looked trim and not at all gaunt from the weight loss. Muscle tone was great and she just looked healthy as did my brother.

I'm 3 weeks in and feel great. It also forced me to really stick with the vitamin supplements each day. I don't take any type of daily medication so remembering to take vitamins was my Achilles heal but that too has been solved!

Pauley
08-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Great idea for a thread.

My doctor put me on this diet because I am far too heavy for my age and family history. She runs it out of her clinic and my coach is on her staff. She herself has lost nearly 100 lbs on the diet and has many stories of patients that have gotten off meds because of IP. I hope to get off Zocor one day.

MrsD75
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
It was family for me, too - my mom lost almost 50 lbs and my aunt lost over 100 using IP... after my second baby, with a daunting 55 lbs to lose, I figured it was this or have it take a year+ to get back my "normal" weight... and I was ready to get down to business...

jennydoodle
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
My doctor offers it has his practice and asked me to do it. Best decision I ever made! :)

redhead14
08-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Found lots of info on here and than found a clinic that offered it. Turned out to be a doctor that I have known for 10 years so my faith in the program increased. Best decision I have made about my health!

M0vingon
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I found out about IP on 3FC! I had seen numerous goal posts by people who had lost weight on IP. I was skeptical and there was (at that time) no IP centre in my city. I spent 3 days reading through every post on this sub-forum and then decided to try doing it on my own with alternatives.
I am so grateful for this board and all of the people who were so generous with their information and experience. Following the IP protocol has really changed my life- and probably added a number of healthier years to it!

disgal
08-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I found out about it thru a friend's hairdresser. Her Salon is right next door to IP!! After my friend saw her hairdresser's results....we decided to try it! She, myself, and Hubby all went to a "workshop" to learn about it. You could leave, or make an appointment...your choice. I really liked the "no pressure" approach!

Now here's my thought for the day.....
WHY ISN'T IP BEING SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS???? WHY ISN'T THIS ON THE NEWS? WHY ISN'T DR PHIL, DR OZ, AND EVERYONE ELSE PROMOTING THIS WAY OF EATING?????? This has been such a HUGE Blessing in my life!! Wouldn't this world be a better, happier place if more people knew about this diet?? I just don't get it! Is it because here in the US this program has only been around for less then 3 years? To all our Canadian friends....is IP widely known about in your country?

Just curious why not many know about this here ( in the northeast of US anyway).

New2IP
08-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Wow! 19 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks is awesome!!

petie
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
I found out about it thru a friend's hairdresser. Her Salon is right next door to IP!! After my friend saw her hairdresser's results....we decided to try it! She, myself, and Hubby all went to a "workshop" to learn about it. You could leave, or make an appointment...your choice. I really liked the "no pressure" approach!

Now here's my thought for the day.....
WHY ISN'T IP BEING SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS???? WHY ISN'T THIS ON THE NEWS? WHY ISN'T DR PHIL, DR OZ, AND EVERYONE ELSE PROMOTING THIS WAY OF EATING?????? This has been such a HUGE Blessing in my life!! Wouldn't this world be a better, happier place if more people knew about this diet?? I just don't get it! Is it because here in the US this program has only been around for less then 3 years? To all our Canadian friends....is IP widely known about in your country?

Just curious why not many know about this here ( in the northeast of US anyway).

You really made me giggle, I share your happiness and I see you hopping up and down on rooftops. I think IP has been in Canada for around 20 years??? Longer in Europe???

futureskinnygirl
08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow! 19 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks is awesome!!

Thanks!

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm in Canada and I'd never heard of it before last week. I also wonder why it seems to be such a secret. I'm in a relatively small city and apparently people are really being successful on it here. One woman lost 130 pounds in 11 months. I don't know how long it's been in this town though.

Anitanewdiet
08-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I am Canadian too and never heard of it before my girlfriend had tried it in march of this year. The difference was amazing, so I gave it a try and easy as pie when you link to this site with it. All the support you need I think.
I am doing an alternative version because my dr wont allow me but I still lost enough to make me happy without doing IP packets just not as fast as all of you. I have learned alot about the contents of foods and VEGITABLES especially.

ItsAboutTime
08-03-2011, 08:37 PM
That must be amazing having so much support! I wish half my town was doing it. Then I wouldn't have to worry about how to explain it to people. :) Not to mention it wouldn't be so hard finding ways to tell people no when they want to go out to eat 3 meals a day. :lol:

Sorry, just saw this! It is good and bad. You get the, "oh, you're doing THAT diet" from the ones who are jealous and have nothing good to say about it. But then I have 3 people I can call because they have phased out or are doing it right along with me so that's nice.

useruser
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I was on a business trip in Yakima, WA talking to a co-worker over lunch about diets (great topic during lunch, eh!?). Anyway she said her sister had tried IP and was really happy with the results. Before I forgot the name...I opened my phone and searched it to keep the website in mind when I come back home. I came home on a Thursday night and spend the entire weekend reading online information - pros, cons, clinics around my house, etc. I also found this forum and signed up :-). Finally I called the closest IP location around me. There were a few offices but not near my home. Knowing me I could easily get tired of the diet and make an excuse to quit just because of the driving distance.

The business I chose is a one woman show, who she herself went through the program years earlier, I liked that. Her office is a small office - almost looks like a kitchen with a high counter and cabinets storing food and samples, etc., a scale, measuring tape and a couple of chairs. She has other businesses...I wonder how much $ she makes b/c she's only opened 3 days a week LOL. Anyway...I thought about all that and said "what the heck"...let's just do it! My first payment was a big ugh! b/c I paid her 2 weeks worth of food, supplements, and new membership fee. I hope when I go back next week is considerably lower. As well as my weight an inches...I want those to be lower too!

puneri
08-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Does it cost 17k?

calee
08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I read the words Ideal Protein together somewhere on the net and immediately googled it. I've been a low carb eater for a long time and I was just curious what it was. I live in Northern California and I've never heard of the diet. I don't know anyone doing it. I spent the next few days reading everything here on 3FC as well as reading the online book. Then decided to jump in on Monday morning. I'm glad I took the weekend to read and understand. I'm using alternative products and waiting for my Nashua order to arrive.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow I like reading how everyone heard... I agree with so many what do you mean it has been in canada for 20 years.... Like I said before, you mean I could have been a hot chick in my 20s? instead a Hot cougar in my 40's!!!

Anyway, most of you that have read the recipe threads have seen Couts71!
He was my inspiration. It seemed like his weight just disappeared overnight, he was walking better and he seemed much happier (not that he wasn't happy, he is) I started asking him about it and he told me about this website so i checked this out, did a bunch of research on IP because I didn't want to try another "fad" diet. When I found out how long it was around I thought wow, and with Couts being my living proof, I jumped in with both feet, found a clinic close to my house and started Feb 8... so as of Aug 8 will be the start of month 7... never thought I would make it this long without getting bored or sick of it. But I haven't... I think it is because I still get chocolate and I can still have salty snacks so I am good to go... I really am happy Couts Doctor told him about this and he spread the knowledge to his co-workers. There is about 8 - 10 on this program here in the office and I like to think with Couts and my examples that we are helping our coworkers get healthy. Bonuses to this.... my brother says I seem happier. My sister is happy for me. I am happy to have lost almost both my dogs weight. I don't have sore hips when I wake up in the mornings.. I don't have heartburn, had started not eating spicy things because of it... NOW I have hot sauce just about every day... I don't miss stopping at the grocery store to find something fast (and usually tonnes of calories) to eat. I have found yes it takes a little bit of time with prep for supper but because it is so restricted but easy to follow I enjoy it. I see overweight people now and just hope that they also find this program or something that works for them.

I'm not sorry!! I'm very happy with this diet. It's clicked in me; I've become very regimental with my food. I'm giving up a trip to Europe because of the cost but its cheaper than the 17K I would have spent on the lap band. And I'm saving myself another bad experience with surgery. :)

I've went to my family doctor and put it all out on the table down to the amount of oil and what supplements. She's ok with it and wants me to keep going.

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
My mom got me started on this program. There was a girl at her work (slimbound) that was a bigger girl like myself. And she started this program, my mom asked her questions, then told me to look into it. She told my mom she had lost 50lbs in just a few months and looked great. So I goggled for a place in my area found one and here I am. I did so well on it that my brother also started the IP plan and my mom is doing the alternatives. In 13 weeks I have lost 60lbs, in 10weeks my brother has lost 37lbs and my mom has lost 30lbs in 10 weeks also. Anyone that ask me how I am doing it I tell them because if they could look and feel better in a few months like I do then I definitely want to spread the news!!

JodiM
08-12-2011, 05:39 PM
My teenage daughter's 14yo friend is about 35lbs overweight. She started a diet less than a month ago and has already lost 13.5lbs.
My daughter is the same build as her, and needs to loose weight as well, so she asked her about it. Then I called and talked to her, and then her Mom.

I started today, and my daughter is going to do a modified version. (She is super active and her dr wont ok the full program... so we are going to do EAS shakes for breakfast and lunch along with a salad and veggies, and she will eat a carb restricted dinner and a snack.)

The friend said she hasn't been hungry since the 4th day. That did it for me, I called and got enrolled into the class.

Bellamack
08-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I found out about it on here. Then looked up where the closest clinic was (less than 5 minutess away), meet with the coach, liked her and signed up. Just had WI #6 today and I was down 2.2 lbs. and I am a very slow loser. It is awesome!

wuv2bloved
08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
I found out about it on here. Then looked up where the closest clinic was (less than 5 minutess away), meet with the coach, liked her and signed up. Just had WI #6 today and I was down 2.2 lbs. and I am a very slow loser. It is awesome!

Bella, I can't say it enough how proud I am of you for sticking to the program with your weight loss being so slow and staying OP 100%. You will begin seeing it and feeling sooo much better even if that stupid scale doesn't show it!

stolaf
08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I heard about the program through my sister. Then I found this forum and read so many comments and the positive stories and that convinced me to start.

So far, so good....I WI tomorrow morning and I can't wait to find out the next official weight loss.

wuv2bloved
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I heard about the program through my sister. Then I found this forum and read so many comments and the positive stories and that convinced me to start.

So far, so good....I WI tomorrow morning and I can't wait to find out the next official weight loss.

Here is to you having a good weight loss tomorrow....good luck!

patns
08-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I am in Canada and I didn't hear about the plan until I read some posts on the PCOS threads on 3 fat chicks.
Because it came France I think it was likely in the French speaking areas of Canada and is really now just making its way to other provinces.

SouthernMimi
08-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I found out about IP from a good friend of mine. To date, she has lost over 85 pounds. I started on April 7...and 4 months later I am down 43.8 pounds and 45.2 inches. A few weeks ago I started going to the clinic only once every 2 weeks and buying 1 box of raspberry jelly. The rest of the time I have been substituting IP foods with EAS Carb Control either 2 or 3 times per day. It was just getting too expensive at $90/week.

wuv2bloved
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I found out about IP from a good friend of mine. To date, she has lost over 85 pounds. I started on April 7...and 4 months later I am down 43.8 pounds and 45.2 inches. A few weeks ago I started going to the clinic only once every 2 weeks and buying 1 box of raspberry jelly. The rest of the time I have been substituting IP foods with EAS Carb Control either 2 or 3 times per day. It was just getting too expensive at $90/week.

Hey there SouthernMimi, where in MS are you?

SouthernMimi
08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey there SouthernMimi, where in MS are you?

Hattiesburg

jennydoodle
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! I think the Propel was hindering your losses :)

wuv2bloved
08-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Hattiesburg

Awesome!...Gulfport here, there is another girl from Hattiesburg on the threads...Mizzthingaling i think is her name.

We have a thread for Ms/La people stop by and say hi!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237116-looking-other-ip-users-mississippi-louisiana.html

JackieGee
08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey Wuv, I have a friend who is a wedding officiant in alabama and other southern areas and I think he just did a very cool wedding in gulfport. Are you right on the gulf? Because this was a pagan wedding at a small bar on the water that the marrying couple own. It sounded great! The wedding was on the edge of the water and then they had the reception in their bar from right after the weeding (at 11) until 2 am.

wuv2bloved
08-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Hey Wuv, I have a friend who is a wedding officiant in alabama and other southern areas and I think he just did a very cool wedding in gulfport. Are you right on the gulf? Because this was a pagan wedding at a small bar on the water that the marrying couple own. It sounded great! The wedding was on the edge of the water and then they had the reception in their bar from right after the weeding (at 11) until 2 am.

Yup, I am right on the Gulf. Not too many bars right on the water must of been Shaggy's. That is the ONLY bar on the water but wait that is in Biloxi which is only 5-10 mins away. Its nice down here, if only the water was clear...haha

JackieGee
08-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Is Shaggy's owned by a couple who just got married? Actually the guy I'm talking about lived in Biloxi I think (he's rather secretive to say the least) until he moved to a houseboat on the river in Tennessee. A couple of weeks ago his houseboat sank and now he's 'living in a van down by the river' LOL

Okay maybe not literally but he does have a van and he doesn't have a place right now but I think he lives mostly in motels as he travels around doing weddings.

Travel Gal
08-13-2011, 10:51 PM
My mom has a friend that has type 2 diabetes who heard about the diet. She went to her doctor and she approved it. She's done so well on IP that she has since been able to go off her insulin. So then my mom jointed it and on a weekend when she was visiting me she let me try some of her food and I could tell that I liked the food well enough to join so I signed up a couple weeks later and am so glad I did! I've lost almost 20 lbs in a month. :carrot:

kellyg53
08-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I heard about IP through a combination of my wife's hairdresser whose daughter (in the same salon) started an IP clinic and a very good friend of ours who was on the program with the same coach. We live in a very small town so there is only one clinic and lucky to have that. Of course after starting on the plan, I found out about a number of other people in town on IP, including a friend who works at his in-law's grocery store. When he saw my shopping cart and I asked him about a certain brand of pork loin he looked at me kind of funny and said, "Ideal Protein?" He's lost over 35 pounds and is at goal so we had a good chat about the plan.

Anyway, I think this program is the greatest thing since sliced bread, not that I eat any bread these days, but you catch my drift. I'm sure it is not for everyone but it sure is working for me.

Stay Strong!

lilypad
08-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I had a good friend who did the diet and lost 30-something. And I plainly just decided that I want that too! I want to lose at least 40! This is the first time I've actually participated in a structured diet. Prior to now, I always just tried to adjust my eating habits (no soda, more salads, etc). I had some success, but just couldn't seem to make more. I used to go to the gym several times a week, but that just made me more hungry!

I'm determined to make this work! It's good to read so many stories that I can relate to!

Bellamack
08-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Bella, I can't say it enough how proud I am of you for sticking to the program with your weight loss being so slow and staying OP 100%. You will begin seeing it and feeling sooo much better even if that stupid scale doesn't show it!

Wuv, I thank you for encouraging me, you will never know how you have helped me stay the "slow" course. God Bless. Bella

wuv2bloved
08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Wuv, I thank you for encouraging me, you will never know how you have helped me stay the "slow" course. God Bless. Bella

You are welcome Bella, I will continue to encourage you though all of this. I see you have 15lbs until your goal. I will keep doing that even after you reach your goal. Its good to have someone help you out and I enjoy doing it. Here is to another pound or two loss this week for YOU! and even if its not a pound or two we will continue on this journey!!

Mizzthingaling
08-14-2011, 07:50 PM
I had done the Fat Smash and Impatient Dieter. I wanted something that incorporated both so I did an internet search and happened on a 3fc thread.

Oh by the way Wuv, I'm near Jackson. I'm about 90 miles from the burg.

bonzaiako
08-14-2011, 08:36 PM
My co worker was on it and lost over 20lbs and looks fabulous. It also worked with my schedule, I have 2 little ones at home and did not have the time to exercise. I think the fact that it is such a strict diet is what is helping me. All the other diets, I can cheat a little here, a little there and soon cheating too much, IP has no room for cheating.

wuv2bloved
08-15-2011, 12:02 AM
I had done the Fat Smash and Impatient Dieter. I wanted something that incorporated both so I did an internet search and happened on a 3fc thread.

Oh by the way Wuv, I'm near Jackson. I'm about 90 miles from the burg.

Awesome I think we have 3 MS people on here....I guess we need to start spreading the word like the LA people are doing!

SouthernMimi
08-15-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm in Canada and I'd never heard of it before last week. I also wonder why it seems to be such a secret. I'm in a relatively small city and apparently people are really being successful on it here. One woman lost 130 pounds in 11 months. I don't know how long it's been in this town though.

JackieGee...It's nice to see someone else who is 5' tall...or short...LOL. It seemed as if it took many pounds before I could really SEE it...I, too, would like to be 130ish...but don't know if I'll get there or not. What age are you? I'm 63...and this IS my last diet...

JackieGee
08-15-2011, 08:37 AM
JackieGee...It's nice to see someone else who is 5' tall...or short...LOL. It seemed as if it took many pounds before I could really SEE it...I, too, would like to be 130ish...but don't know if I'll get there or not. What age are you? I'm 63...and this IS my last diet...

Well I'm right behind you. I'm 60 about to be 61 next month. I'm going down to Ottawa for my grandson's 2nd birthday in two weeks and I'd like to be down 20 lbs by then (I'm down 11 right now). Then I'm in it for the long haul - it is also my last diet.

I buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds lost. I did that almost 10 years ago when I lost 50 lbs on Atkins. But this time I'm switching it from gold bangles to silver and I'm ADDING a gold bangle for each twenty five lbs. I'd like to be able to buy myself a gold bangle for my birthday on September 29. And then another one for Christmas!

SouthernMimi
08-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Well I'm right behind you. I'm 60 about to be 61 next month. I'm going down to Ottawa for my grandson's 2nd birthday in two weeks and I'd like to be down 20 lbs by then (I'm down 11 right now). Then I'm in it for the long haul - it is also my last diet.

I buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds lost. I did that almost 10 years ago when I lost 50 lbs on Atkins. But this time I'm switching it from gold bangles to silver and I'm ADDING a gold bangle for each twenty five lbs. I'd like to be able to buy myself a gold bangle for my birthday on September 29. And then another one for Christmas!

I've done Atkins, also, and I lost @30 pounds. Guess what? I gained it back plus extra...:(

I love your idea about buying a silver bangle for each ten pounds lost. I may have to do something similar for myself....

Good luck with the 9 more pounds!

wuv2bloved
08-15-2011, 10:22 PM

I bought myself a Pandora (charm) bracelet today for my reward. I bought a bracelet and 5 charms, one charm for each 10lbs and the bracelet is 10lbs. I will by myself a new charm for every 10lbs, I may have to make it every 20lbs because I will run out of room....lol

JackieGee
08-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Great idea Wuv. I love charm bracelets. I used to work for an insurance company when I was young and for recreation during slow periods I would read the policies. I won't mention any names but I loved reading the policies of the rich and famous who had policies with our company. I remember at the time everyone had charm bracelets - but silver ones. One particular ruling family had several daughters and they had GOLD charm bracelets and the policies listed all the charms. I decided then and there that SOMEDAY I would have a gold charm bracelet.

So back around 1994 I was on a cruise and in St Maarten I bought it finally. I used to buy charms regularly when I travelled or had a special event. I sitll have it but rarely wear it because I have trouble fastening it.

I think it's a wonderful idea Wuv and I'll look forward to seeing a photo of it with all the charms.

amaliayosa
08-16-2011, 07:06 AM
I met a woman while vacationing in FL who lost 55 pounds on IP. What intrigued me was that she managed to keep it off for a year. I researched, which led me here and heard similar results...Sold me right away. BOY am I glad I tried yet another diet. Size 8never felt so good!

Jenabug
08-16-2011, 07:14 AM
I am new to IP and new to this site. I have lost 7.1 pounds and 7 inches my first week! Yeah!!!! I heard about IP from my mom who has been doing it for 1 month and says she feels better than she has in years. I am so excited...you guys are very inspirational.

sandralosingweight
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I am from Canada, never ever heard of it. I mean I am surprised how this diet which to me is the best diet of all is not well advertised through the media. All we hear about is weight watchers with the big celebrety endorsing it and of course Jenny Craig... Is there a celebrity that did not go with Jenny Craig (I love how Sara Rue looks nowadays) and I was almost going to join, I went and had the meeting and brochures and everything. Luckily, I discovered Ideal protein while searching over the internet, first I thought it was just a program run in one of the local centers where I live, but then I saw that it is a program on its on and there are many centers.

I am so glad I started this diet, it is the only one that really worked for me. I used to lose about 10 pounds and then gain about 12 if not more, it was a vicious cercle and now I am on my 7th week on IP and lost 30 pounds already. I cannot believe it.

Christine07
08-18-2011, 01:47 PM
My girlfriend turned me onto the diet after I was extremely depressed that my sister-in-law had gastric by pass and when from a size 24 to a 2. I knew I never wanted to have surgery but I did want to do something about my weight. Here I am now 50 pounds lighter and still going strong.

wuv2bloved
08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
My girlfriend turned me onto the diet after I was extremely depressed that my sister-in-law had gastric by pass and when from a size 24 to a 2. I knew I never wanted to have surgery but I did want to do something about my weight. Here I am now 50 pounds lighter and still going strong.

I am so glad you chose this plan instead of the gastric by pass. This is much healthier and you can still eat. You are doing great having 50lbs gone, you will feel much better and the health risk on this diet is less than having the bypass that is for sure....GREAT choice!

wuv2bloved
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I thought since we have so many newbies this week, this would be a good thread to bump to the top again :)

Dee2
10-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm going to jump on here. I first heard about IP from a sign I saw on the side of a street. All it had was a phone number. I didn't know what it was even about. Then I was shopping in a sugar free store and a few of us were discussing our diets. I was on HCG at the time and one gentleman said he was on Ideal Protein and he loved it! I continued on my own plan but after 3 weeks of no oils, fat etc....not even lotion...my hands and feet were so dry and cracking, I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped the losing part and went thru stabilization and maintenance. I maintained that weight loss over 3 months aside from 3 lbs. I then started again on my very own diet and lost about 5, I think. When a friend mentioned she started it and lost 7 lbs the first week...I was hooked!

frazzledmom04
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM
A friend of mine that had moved away came back to town and she looked AMAZING! I asked her how she did it and she told me about it. I went home and found that there was a clinic right here in town. I called and made a consultation and signed right up. I'm in my 3rd week and loving the results!

pink parrothead
10-13-2011, 12:12 AM
I had 2 clients who did IP last year and I was pretty amazed at their results, especially since they've kept it off. At the time, though, I made excuses for why I couldn't do it; too expensive, couldn't give up all that I would have to give up, etc. Of course, the truth was that I wasn't mentally ready. Another client started up this summer and invited me to a workshop. I was impressed by what I heard and decided that this was my time. Best decision I've made in ages! :woohoo:

Fizzyizzy
10-13-2011, 12:28 AM
This is a great thread! I found IP because it appeared in my email inbox as a "Living Social" deal (like groupon, but in the Bay Area). It was something like 75% off the initial consultation fee, and I was in a rut with my weight loss, so I just bought it without thinking. I did the research later, went to the clinic, and am so excited to start in two days!

DanafromAustin
10-13-2011, 01:32 AM
I found IP through my oncologist. Last year I had cancer and thankfully they got it really early. My doctor said that I'm now cured, but if I didn't lose weight I would end up dying of a stroke or heart attack instead. She suggested IP because she herself lost 60 pounds on it and had many of her patients loose on it too. I resisted for about 6 months because I thought I could do this on my own, but of course that didn't work. So this past August during my visit to her she said she wanted to see me 20 pounds lighter at my next visit which will be in February. I knew I needed to get serious so I called the coach she recommended and at now almost the 1 month mark I'm almost down those 20 pounds she wanted. Boy is she going to be surprised and happy when I go in next February weighing a lot less then those twenty pounds she wanted me to start with.

I LOVE this plan and it really is the easiest plan I've ever been on.

Paint Lady
10-13-2011, 10:07 AM
The first time I heard of IP, a father from my son's baseball team was on it. He lost a great number of lbs in a short time. He was telling me all about it and I came up with excuses of why it wouldn't work for me. Men lose faster than women, no way would it work that well for me. I have insulin resistance, most diets don't work as well for us. Then 2 different moms from the team started it and throughout the summer dropped weight like crazy. So, I started to research it and the biggest draw was the correction of insulin resistance. I loved the idea of retraining my pancreas while losing weight. We were doing a lot of travelling during the summer, so I planned to start as soon as the kids started school. There is only one clinic in my town, at a dentist's office. The coaches aren't that great, but I have this site and it's been so easy to do.

DanafromAustin
10-13-2011, 10:23 AM
The first time I heard of IP, a father from my son's baseball team was on it. He lost a great number of lbs in a short time. He was telling me all about it and I came up with excuses of why it wouldn't work for me. Men lose faster than women, no way would it work that well for me. I have insulin resistance, most diets don't work as well for us. Then 2 different moms from the team started it and throughout the summer dropped weight like crazy. So, I started to research it and the biggest draw was the correction of insulin resistance. I loved the idea of retraining my pancreas while losing weight. We were doing a lot of travelling during the summer, so I planned to start as soon as the kids started school. There is only one clinic in my town, at a dentist's office. The coaches aren't that great, but I have this site and it's been so easy to do.

Paint Lady I'm insulin resistant too and the idea of giving my pancreas a rest was also a big pull for me too. Besides, low carb really is the only way to go for those like us. Congrats on your weight loss.

Paint Lady
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
The worst part about being IR is that you know you don't need the carbs, but your body is telling you that you MUST EAT THAT RIGHT NOW!!! It's hard to explain that to someone that doesn't have it. It's like you're knowingly poisoning yourself and not being able to stop it. I love that my pancreas is "asleep" now. No cravings! This diet has been the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. I can do this for as long as I need to because the alternative was a life-long future of Diabetes and insulin injections.

odirish
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
I discovered IP on this website. I was looking around for something else and came across it. I started asking a million questions and googled a clinic that is 1 hour from my house. I will be going for my 3 week weigh in on Sunday. I do think it is a little pricey, but I don't have to constantly plan each meal. Very easy to follow.

carlasherea
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I heard about IP from a booth at our local Home Improvement Show! I went for the informational meeting and decided that night to join. I lost 45 lbs in 17 weeks. I have been in maintenance for 1 1/2 years now and have gained only about 10 lbs and that was just recently from being a lazy slacker!!! I am on Phase 1 again to get the weight back off and maybe a few more lbs. This program really works.

I convinced my mom to join a year ago and she was very skeptical that it would work for her, but 40 lbs later she has been maintaining for about 6 months! LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rbtemplet
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM

I'm IR, too, and the idea of helping my pancreas was a huge draw for me. I've been IR for several years now and I've tried various diets with varying success, but it never lasted. Although I was eating very healthy foods, I was eating too many carbs (fruits mainly) and wasn't having very much success losing weight even with working out 3-4 times per week.
I decided to try IP when my gynecologist told me about it and that very same day I got blood work results from my primary care doctor and found out that my cholesterol was borderline high and my insulin was elevated (even though I was already on medication for it!). I took it all as a sign that I needed to give it a whirl. It's only been a week, but already I am feeling so much better!! I think this is the best thing I've done for myself in some time!

ponylady12410
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
I found out from my sister in law who was on the program at the time. She seemed to be having good success with IP. So I decided to try it out. I called up the IP page and found one that was closest to me. The rest was history. I feel it helped me on so many levels. Im still learning and reading labels since Ive been off the diet for two weeks now.

grannyto2bear
10-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Our Dr. recommended IP to us, and I am so thankful she did. I have tried many weight loss programs, and have had success with them, only to gain what I lost back and more every time. I feel the IP program has helped me to think about the food I choose and having the 4 phases to go through I am confident this is my last diet. My blood is O- and I love carbs, but they don't love me. My Dad and his 2 siblings all died before they were 40 years old, all with health issues. I am the first 1 in the family to go over 40 years old and get to almost 54 years. Also diabetes runs strong in both sides of my family, so I really need to drop this weight and maintain it. With IP I know I have made the right choice to accomplish this. Tomorrow I will have been on IP for 5 months and so far I have lost 69" and 54 pounds, I don't seem to have big weekly pound losses, but I know I will get there someday. I feel so much better now,and I am on the road to being healthier, and to be here to enjoy my family and friends hopefully for a long, long time thanks to IP.

Mom3LoveBugs
10-14-2011, 11:25 PM
great thread!!

I was visiting at a friend's house a few weeks ago and she was telling me about another friend who was doing a high protein diet. I asked her what it was called and she told me. I spent the next 3 days glued to the computer reading every post on this forum and decided to order some alternative products instead.

My ProtiDiet products finally arrived today and I will start on Monday! YIPEE!! :)

Callmesmall
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I did the "curves" diet - which is similar to Atkins - and lost 60 lbs until my husband became ill and I had to change what we were eating to help him - well - all of the weight (and then some came back on). I was in my doctor's office and saw a sign that said ... lose weight now... and was all over that asking for brochures, etc.

It then took me 2 months to gain the courage to join up (that and I had two cruises booked - that I used as my last opportunity to eat anything...) Had I known more, I could have used those two months to get to goal sooner and now, being able to eat out at restaurants - it is so easy. I find most places to be so very accommodating these days - replacing potatoes with steamed veggies and dry grilling meats and seafoods - I really do wish I started sooner - but that is water under the bridge now.

I could not be happier being on this program and I thank each of you for your continued support (even if you don't even realize that your posts do just that!!!).

:D