100 lb. Club - #178 Melting Away

View Full Version : #178 Melting Away

Inca's Momma
01-16-2003, 07:50 AM
Ok since I pulled up #177 to show and it was huge I am starting anewone. I have been doing great this year exercising and with my water.....need to work on food choices though.

Charbar
01-16-2003, 09:15 AM
ditto Kim - I've been doing really good with exercise, shocking, but since we got the treadmill it's been great. Food is terrrible.

I leave on my trip on Saturday - I'm in the wrong frame of mind. I know that I will not be OP during my trip - given. So what can I do? I can try to exercise every day. I know I can do my water, no excuses there. But food? I'm already eating like I'm on vacation - and I haven't left yet!!

Come on gals - I need a pep talk, bad!!!

Dana

BA99TJ
01-16-2003, 10:10 AM
Don't go on vacation yet Dana! And there is no reason why you can't get your exercise and water in while you are on vacation. There is also NO reason why you couldn't eat OP while you are on vacation! I know I read you saying that there are foods you can't get here that you can there that you want to eat. Well PLAN for them. Make them a part of your day! Maybe if you figure out the points you will realize that they aren't worth it after all? You are really just setting yourself up to be "horrible" on vacation by saying that you will not be OP on vacation. It's not a given! Trust me. I've been on vacation and stayed OP not eating a home cooked meal ONE TIME.

You can do this - just reset your thinking!

Kim - exercise and water are GREAT! things to be OP with! Way to go! I Can get my food and water on track but I really struggle with exercise, and I think exercise is one of the most important parts! So you are doing great!

I'm feeling good this morning. I slept last night. Deeply and long and it felt SO GOOD. Of course someone told me this morning I look exhausted and I had to laugh because last night was the first good nights sleep I've gotten in a few weeks!

I've gone on Paxil. I'm still having mixed emotions about it, but if its going to help it will be worth it. Took the first one this morning. I hope it doesn't make me too groggy, and I am not allowed to drink alcohol while I take it. I'm not a regular drinker, but lately on the rare occasion I do have a drink, I over do it.. so not being allowed to have them will help.

I'm on my way to a 4 point day, I know I can do it. How about you?

Charbar
01-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Beth Anne - what made you decide to go on Paxil.. I've thought about it. Just not sure yet.

4 point day? not me.. I feel like I've already blown it. Grrrr. Thanks for the advice about my trip. Maybe I should plan to have 2 OP meals.. atleast there won't be as much damage. Driving 12 hours with my 3 year old is a bit stressful.

BA99TJ
01-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Dana - its early. You have all the time the rest of the day to recover. I believe you CAN have a 4 point day! And yes - shooting for 2 OP meals is SO Much better than saying "I'm going to be off program my whole vacation!" You can do that too!!

I Went on Paxil because I was getting more and more frequent panic attacks along with my depression. My doc decided Paxil was the best choice for my symptoms.

Sandiemcr
01-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Beth Anne...

I just loved your *doing it 10% at a time* thing. I just calculated my own 10% theory.. and it works out perfect! Thanks!!!!

Dana...

Where are you going on vacation? I'm heading on a Disney cruise again.. but it's not for some months. I KNOW I'll go OP then. I know it. There's food food food. However.. my plan? (and it may change).. is to not guilt myself over it. I won't go nuts.. but I'll enjoy. Over the years, it's been the guilt and denial that's caused me to LIVE OP. I don't want to do that anymore. I'm trying to find a way to live OP for every day.. and when I don't.. (as in vacations).. not stress. I'll still be living OP for the other approximately 320 days a year. That's gotta matter.

Sandie

snowball1
01-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Kim - Don't beat yourself up for not always eating OP, but *congratulate* yourself for doing so well with water & exercise (which, I think are both HUGE components of making a lifestyle change). Work on your eating habits as you can, but don't beat yourself up over it. Take it one meal at a time. :)

Dana - First of all, have fun on your vacation!!!! :) Where are you going? I'm so jealous... with school & work, I don't see dh & I going on a vacation for at least another 3 years! About being on/off program while on vacation... do NOT plan now to go off plan!!! I think that is quite possibly the biggest mistake I have personally made since I've started losing weight. Because whenever I plan for those days off, they somehow extend to another & another & another day off. I think the best thing to do (just my opinion) is promise yourself you will make the best choice possible at each meal & focus on keeping within your points range. For instance, if you're on the road & eating at Burger King, instead of ordering the Whopper with cheese, get the jr. chicken Whopper with no cheese or mayo. And get a salad instead of fries. Making just little changes like that can make a BIG difference. If you keep up with exercise & water while your on vacation & try you're best to make the best food choices possible, I can't see you not losing weight. And for the car ride (if you're driving), go to a grocery store ahead of time & but LOTS of healthy snacks, like baked Lays or something, & then measure out serving sizes in plastic baggies. I always find when I'm on the road for an extended time it is waaaaay too easy to go to a gas station & get a snack there. Having your snacks with you that you can eat without guilt may help curtail that. Anyway, I've gone on too long, but my point is enjoy your vacation, but don't use it as an excuse to go off plan. I know you can do this!!! :)

Beth Anne - I know you said you don't know how to feel about being on Paxil, but I think you should be proud of yourself. I know I am! It is never easy to admit that your struggling with depression & the like. This society still places such a stigma on mental issues. So getting help so you can ENJOY the wonderful life you have is a great thing! :)

One last thing, Dana, it is NEVER too late to have a good day, imo. Sometimes I screw up on breakfast or something, but that does not give me free reign to screw up the rest of my day. That is a success all on its own!

Things are going okay with me. I'm doing really well with the exercise & finding I am enjoying it more & more every day. I think I am going to begin training to run in the Corporate Cup Run this September. It's a 10K run (6.2 miles) & I'd really like to be able to compete in it. It be something fun to train for & keep me motivated to exercies.

On the job front, I'm applying for a new job within the same company I am working for right now. It would be a lateral move, but would give me a lot more experience & exposure. I'm really hoping it will work out. School is going okay. I'm getting burnt out & just counting down the days! Dh & I are doing good. Dh is back in school & working part time. He seems to be doing really well for the most part, & I, of course, am very proud of the changes he has made & continues to make :)

BA99TJ
01-16-2003, 11:40 AM
I read a huge thing on Oprah's web site (Taken from "Get With the Program") about emotional eating. They tell you to be more careful about planning your eating. I'm trying hard to follow that today and take my eating step by step and it seems to be working so far.

Examples : I packed my "lunch bag" with carefully planned and measured snacks. I brought 32 oz of water in a bottle for car rides, 1 serving of mini pretzels (2 points), an apple (1 point), a fat free granola bar (2 points), my lunch (raviloi and chicken soup, 6 points), a few pickles (no points), a small salad with light dressing and 2 cans of Pepsi One (the second one just in case of a migraine). I had raisin bran for breakfast with milk (oh so filling for 4.5 points) had an apple and some pretzels as a snack (got the fruit in and the munchies squelched). i'm making myself drink my huge (83 oz) bottle of water before I can have any soda. I find I am drinking DIET soda just because I do need some spice in my life. Also, its 11:30 am and I already have 40 oz of water down, half my milk requirement done, my vitamin taken, and I'm on my way to the fruit and veggie requirements! The salad and soup will take care of another 3 veggie servings (salad has 2, soup has 1) and so I'll only have 1 left!

You know this really is a piece of cake if you just put some time and energy into it..

soiley
01-16-2003, 12:06 PM
So far for 2003, I'm doing very well on my new eating plan (Life Choice, very low fat vegetarian). And the best benefit of this is that my blood sugars have been in normal range since I started it and I have been able to reduce the amt of insulin I was taking by half. And when my blood sugars are normal, I FEEL better. I always drink my water since I started measuring it out first thing in the morning. I still haven't gotten my butt in motion tho, and I don't know why I just can't get moving. I guess I need someone to kick that butt. I do take walks with my granddaughter on the days she is here because she begs to do it (my few and far between 4 pt days), but when she's not around I can't get myself motivated. Any suggestions??

As to traveling OP, I always take food with me. As a long-time vegetarian and diabetic, I sometimes have trouble finding food to fit my eating habits, so I always take cereal, those bean soups you just add hot water to, crackers, soy milk in individual containers, etc. to supplement what I get at restaurants or I can bypass restaurants when I want to. I just put it all in a smallish bag, and by the time I'm ready to come home I have an empty bag to put souveniers in.

About depression meds: don't be wondering if you should be taking them. Depression/anxiety disorder is a DISEASE just like cancer, diabetes etc., not a character disorder. You wouldn't be wondering about taking meds for those conditions, so you shouldn't question taking depressions meds. I say congratulations for being aware enough to ask for help. It's very hard to do that. The times I've been on those meds it was such a relief to be free of the symptoms, I didn't much care what anyone else thought. Just be aware that sometimes some of them don't work for some people, and you may have to try something else before you find something that works for you.

Everyone keep up the good work.

gonzostar
01-16-2003, 12:31 PM
i'm backwards -- i've been eating fine, but i am just too busy and then too tired from being too busy to exercise. argh.

i've been on celexa (another depression med) for a little over ayear. i've actually started weening myself off of them (with the doctor's permission, of course) and i am down to 10mg a day. a nutritionist did tell me that it can cause a bit of a weight gain, so we warned. i really think it helped me a lot when i needed it, and being more in control, i am tapering it out of my life gradually. good luck with it!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Wahoo!

They had a breakfast meeting here yesterday & there was a tray of fruit leftover. I am now digging into a nice bunch of red grapes, fresh pineapple & honeydew. Mmmmmm. This is especially good b/c I need to go to the grocery store tonight for fruit & veg.

Dana: You should plan for your treats. Taking pretzels, carrot sticks & lowfat string cheese in the car sounds like a great idea. Good luck & have fun!! :)

Kayla: You are absolutely right--"blowing" a meal is no excuse to keep off plan for the rest of the day. The Corporate Cup sounds like a real challenge. I know I could never do that. You go, girl!

BethAnn: I feel the same way--when everything is all planned out, I do fine. And I make sure & have backup in place just in case something goes awry. Today I didn't bring a lunch, but I had a can of soup in my desk, so I had that w/a bag of Healthy Choice popcorn. Then the fruit that they said we could have. Tonight I will have a can of albacore on a bed of spinach w/some mushrooms & then a yogurt before bed. Ta-da! Easy!

Jerie: You prolly have some yummy vegetarian recipes to share.

Holly: I am the same as you--doing good w/eating (most of the time) and just can't seem to move.

I was diagnosed w/polycystic kidney disease this week. This means that my eating habits are more important than ever. The reason I'm on blood pressure meds is most likely due to the kidney disease, not because of the birth control pill I was on (which they promptly took me off of), nor was it *totally* due to my weight. (I am not naive enough to think that being over 200# for the last 13 years had nothing to do w/the blood pressure) I won't know much about it until my test results come back, but my grandmother had a kidney transplant when I was 6 months old, and my father (her son) has this disease as well, as will any children I choose to have.

My car is only going to be about $400 to be fixed, which is much better than the $700 I was picturing. It needs a catalytic converter & some other stuff so it can pass emissions. So there goes my Pilates & yoga classes. My friend & I saw a Pilates tape set @ Sam's, so I think we're going to go halvsies on that.

I'm fitting into 2X's now, but still wary @ throwing out the 3X's. Part of me wants to keep them, "just in case". But another part of me wants more closet space for skinnier clothes!

As for the whole depression/meds thing: you have to do what is right for you. Only you can say what that is.

Goddess Jessica
01-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Okay, so I've been totally unmotivated. Not eating right, keeping the minimum of exercise and water but not nearly as motivated as I need to be.

But, I got a lot of pictures developed yesterday and it's got me muuuuuuchh more motivated. I mean, I am such a cutie, why do I want to stay fat. Next week starts school (half time with my full-time job). Which is a big change over my life now. It also means planning planning planning. So, I'm making soup this weekend for my lunches and I'm buying a PDA to keep track of everything I need to do.

So, was anyone ever curious about what I look like? Here's me on Thanksgiving Day with my favorite dogs in the whole world. The one on the far right is my exercise partner.

anagram
01-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Such a Pretty.... my dh was also diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease and my children will also need to be checked for it. Yes, your eating habits will be more important than ever. he's already been on renal diet for about five months and is on dialysis. I'm meeting tomorrow with nephrologist's P.A. for more info. He's also had high blood pressure for years. How did your grandma do with the transplant? Does your Dad have to follow a strict diet? Dh has lost lots of weight since he's been on renal diet. (Laughingly, I say) he's making it hard for me because my main goal was to weigh less than he does and he keeps losing faster than I do.

Goddess J, looking good to me. Show us another in a few weeks, please.

KittyMilk
01-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Wow Jessica you are too cute! That is such a great picture, dogs are beautiful. Best motivator in the world for walking is a dog.
I've been doing surprisingly well this month, it's gotten so I don't want to mess it up I'm doing so good. I go for a walk almost every morning for an hour an although I still have some trouble with my water, my eating plan has been going very well.
Don't ruin your good work and holiday by going completly Off Plan Dana. Try eating well during the day and relaxing more with the evening meal. Work out a plan before you go. Don't worry about losing but maintaining. As long as you don't gain you can still have fun on your hols and not be worried about having more to lose when you get back.

Kitty

gonzostar
01-16-2003, 06:52 PM
i see, you are very cute!! dogs can make great exercise partners, too. they look like nice ones.

AngiKL
01-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Kitty,

I just want to say I'm proud of you and your ability to stick with this! 30 pounds since August is amazing. It's encouraging to see someone who is consistent and successful.

Thanks for modeling what I want to be!

Angi

KittyMilk
01-18-2003, 01:02 AM
Thankyou so much Angi :) 30 pounds sometimes doesn't seem alot compared to some of the awesome achievments of some of the ladies here but I'm proud of it all the same. I just never gave up and never will give up till I lose the next 40. It takes a long time but over the months you do see a difference and boy do I feel a difference. People are finially starting to notice and say how good I look. It's wonderfull to be noticed after a 6 months slog. You keep at it Angi, by never giving up and trying and working at it you will succeed,
Thanks again ,

Kitty

Going to get an after picture taken soon then will post the before n after, was too depressing to post just a before pic!

anagram
01-19-2003, 04:00 AM
but if not, have a chuckle :lol: :dizzy:

Twas the month after Christmas, and all through
the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a
number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a
lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The punch and the candy, the bread and the
cheese
And the way I'd not said, "No thank you,
please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with
dirt---
I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and
chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be
banished
"Till all the additional pounds have vanished. I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or
pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

:D :D :D :D

JML
01-19-2003, 10:12 AM
I am having the weirdest week. My schedule's been hectic because I had several Dr.'s appts this past week, physical therapy, and fittings for contact lenses, and a few errands. I had some long days. The hand Dr. told me to stop my ibuprofen for a week and try a more powerful medication this week. One of the side effects is supposed to be weight gain, but if our scale and tape measure do not lie, it looks like I'll have lost 5 pounds by this coming Tuesday weigh-in. We'll see if it changes or goes up once I get back on my usual ibuprofen. Weird though. The medication is called methylprednisolone. That and running around to various appts is the only thing that has changed.

I'm excited to be nearing my goal. I will definitely post an after picture once I get to goal. I'm doing a slow makeover thing as I get there. I'm working on getting contacts right now. When the Dr. first put them in, I saw my face for the first time without glasses. It was neat, but now I know I need to pluck the eyebrows. I just need to figure out which hairs need to go. I'm not good at this sort of thing. I never did it before because I saw no point in enduring pain for the sake of beauty. However, I found that if you put conditioner on your brows, and stick a steamy cloth on them for a minute before plucking, the hairs are not painful to pluck. They do pinch a little, but not too much. I read that some people use a topical anesthetic like babies' teething gel to numb the area first, but I don't need that. I was thinking I might even get my ears pierced sometime this spring. We'll see. It's kind of fun to think of my weight loss journey as a three year makeover. This is my 3rd year of weight loss.

Sandi
01-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Jeanne - I HATE to pluck my eyebrows, but it makes such a difference. I always have mine waxed when I get my hair cut. Maybe you can treat yourself to a waxing and then just keep up what they do. It'll be a great way to get started.

anagram - how did you know?? :D

Kittymilk - you should be very proud!! I know I am. 30 lbs is awesome!!!

Angi - your going to get there! I know you will!!

Goddess J - Your are so right! You are a cutie! And the dogs are great! I wish we could have pups, that would be such great exercise, but hubby is allergic. And thanks for what you said on the motivating you thread. That made my day!

Suchaprettyface - Sorry to hear about your diognosis. We'll do everything to help you stay with your eating program. Are you going on the reanl diet that anagram spoke of? What is that exactly?

Gonzostar - as far as the exercise. Tired, no time, then start slow. Say this week I am going to exercise twice. You can do that, right? And next week exercise twice again or increase it to 3 times. Whatever it is do something and stay consistent. You'll get your groove back!

soiley - Ditto for you as far as the exercise.

Come on girls! Let move our butts!! They need it!!

BA - you are so right!! Planning is the key. 110%. I do my worst when I have to make on the spot choices. And I agree that going on Paxil is something to be proud of. You are taking control of your life. How can that be anything but a good thing?

Kayla - That corporate run sounds great!! Gives you something to shoot for!! Gooooo Kayla!!

Dana - Have fun on your vacation missy!!

Kim - What food plan are you following? I find I do better when I have a plan. Kinda like what BA was talking about.

Me? I am doing well. Made waffles this morning on my new waffle maker. Knew that would put me over, but plan to have a good rest of the day. That plan is going so-so. I should have never started.

I found a eating disorder clinic in my area. I have an appointment to go there tomorrow and see the psychologist. Can't wait. I think maybe this is jsut what I need.

I also saw my OBGYN and she said I should be at 250 before I try and get pregnant. Last time I saw her she said 199, so 250 is much more doable. SO maybe I'll get pregnant this year!!!!

Everyone have a great week. This week will come and go no matter what and it's up to us to either weigh more or less at the end of it. I vote for less!!!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-20-2003, 01:32 AM
Jessica: You're adorable! I love your doggies!!!

Anagram: My grandma had the transplant December 10, 1974. The kidney was from her younger sister, who died of cancer in 1989. My grandma is doing ok, considering she will be 80 this December. She's in some pain & has trouble getting around sometimes, and her hearing is going, but kidney-wise she's fine. She went to Mayo Clinic to have everything done, she still goes there at least once a year to be checked out. She said, "Oh, nooo" when I told her about the diagnosis. I hadn't told her about the HBP until now.

My dad is a moron. I'm sorry, I love him to pieces, but he doesn't take care of his health like he should. He smokes like a chimney, so does his wife. He'll be 48 in September, and doesn't need a transplant so far. As for his diet, he pretty much eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants, always has. One of his favorite meals is a bacon double cheeseburger w/the works & then he brings it home & sprinkles it w/garlic pepper. My dad wasn't happy to hear I inherited his kidneys, he called me the day after I'd called my grandma. I told him about my HBP & he kept asking me why I was on the Pill in the first place. "Um, because you're too young & good looking to be a grandfather" :lol:

Have you been to this site?

http://www.pkdcure.org/home.htm

They sent me an overwhelming packet of information. By overwhelming I mean scary. :( What type of renal diet is your dh on? According to the info I got from that site, there was a woman w/PKD who had 15 children, only 7 of whom wound up w/PKD, so it's a horse apiece, I guess. The ultrasound technician told me that if I have an ultrasound during any pregnancies I have, that I will have to let them know about the PKD, or they will "freak out", thinking something is wrong w/the baby. :( She gave me a lot of info, actually. I liked her. :)

Jeanne: $8-$15 for an eyebrow wax around here. WELL worth the $$, mostly b/c I have a tendency to overpluck. Right now I am letting them grow back in, lest I have to use Rogaine on a Q-tip to get them to grow back! :lol: How exciting for you to be so close to your goal!!! :D

Sandi: Thanks, hon. I won't know anything until February 11, that is my next appt w/the nephrologist. He took blood & urine in addition to the ultrasound, so I'm sure he will know the right thing to do.

gonzostar
01-20-2003, 01:48 AM
i always get my eyebrows waxed.. then pluck to keep the shape up until it gets out of control agin.

hmm, may need to get my butt back in there...

anagram
01-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Such a Pretty Face, thanks for the web site. Had not been there yet but P.A. at dialysis center had printed some stuff out for me. Scary indeed. His nephrologist has not yet talked to us. I feel we've sort of been informed in a callous, round about way. I found out about the risks to my children and grandchildren in the dialysis waiting room from a pamphlet thrust at me by the well meaning social worker. That was just a few days ago and I'm still in denial. Scary is a good word but I'm hoping there will be more positive developments before you, my kids and certainly my grandkids reach your Grandma's point.

I'm so glad your Grandma is doing well after all these years. And I know you won't go your Dad's route. Sounds like he's in denial, as well.

One thing has me confused. My husband is 72 years old, has had other CT scans, etc. done and this subject has never come up. My dd has had kidney stones, etc. young, has had many scans and and ultrasounds (infertility, then two pregnancies etc.) and nothing came up before. While he was hospitalized recently, the radiologist told us he had Polyarteritis Nodosa affecting his kidneys (no bargain either as to heredity so my kids already know they need to be tested). Please let me know (by p.m. if you prefer) after you talk to nephrologist.

JML
01-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Jacob's Mommy - does it hurt to get them waxed?

Thanks gonzostar and suchaprettyface for the advice. Where do I go? A hair salon? I didn't know you could get something like that done for a reasonable price. I'm kind of new to this kind of thing. My teenage sisters call me a "cave woman" because I'm not heavily into makeup and spending hours on my hair. I don't even wear makeup every day. I don't think I could spend as much time as they do on a daily basis. They will not even eat breakfast unless every hair is brushed, curled, sprayed, etc. Ah-- the teenage years.

Goddess Jessica
01-20-2003, 12:12 PM
I'm back to being motivated this week. I went to a running store over the weekend to purchase a real pair of running shoes since I've been run/walking in a really bad pair. It cost me over $100. I thought I was going to die. The Cute Boyfriend just looked at me and said, "But you're worth it.... and you're going to keep exercising right?" I laughed. Of course I am!

Sandi - I had no idea you wanted to get pregnant. I guess I always assume kids are a suprise that you try to prevent :) I never think of people actually trying to have more. How many are you aiming for?

JML - I think plucking hurts more. Plus, you get this great atvantage of having an expert shape them.

SuchaPrettyFace - Sorry to hear about your kidneys. A friend of mine had some weird rare type of cancer and he needed a transplant. He's doing super fabulous now. Keep us posted.

KittyMilk - I'll take that 30 pound loss if you don't want it! ;)

School starts this week! I'm so excited!!

gonzostar
01-20-2003, 01:54 PM
JML---

most hair salons have a few people who can wax. not supercuts or great clips, but anything above that.

my friend cuts my hair, so i don't go to the same place everytime. sometimes you can tell from the yellow pages if they wax, or just make a quick phone call. most places are 8-10 dollars.

gonzostar
01-21-2003, 10:21 PM
i did my first exercise video. i sweated :stress: a lot more than i have been on the exercise bike.

we were jumping around like crazy people!! ----> :jig:

and i kept getting seriously tired and losing my balance and all that.

:strong:

if you couldn't tell, it was great!!!!!

it'll take me while to master it. it's an old kathy smith video i got at half.com. man, do i want her tummy. and butt. and thighs. yowza.

i have 4 more in the mail! i'm so stoked.

can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow morning!!! i am very optimistic!

:bravo:

suzie76
01-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Holly,

I tried an exercise video this week too-Leslie Sanson fifteen minute one mile walkfit video. I'm embarassed to say my legs were killing me...I also had been using an exercise bike for my exercise, and figured I needed something that would actually work up a sweat. I was drenched and feeling gross, but I finished it. Pathetic, it's only a fifteen minute work out and I was dying at the end. Oh, well, I"m starting from a negative fitness level...

Best of luck,
Sherry

SuchAPrettyFace
01-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Jeanne:

It hurts for about 30 seconds. You should bring along some Neosporin w/pain relief to slick onto the freshly waxed skin, or you will be sorry when the air hits your skin as you walk out the door. I was also told that almost everyone is allergic to the wax, so be prepared for small pink bumps.

You can call up almost any salon, they will do it. Not Supercuts or Cost Cutters, but the nicer ones.

BA99TJ
01-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey Girlies, sorry I've been missing.

I want to preface this post by saying I'm a Christian, and had a pretty deep day yesterday, but a lot of the things I discovered had as much to do with my faith as my journey on weight loss.. so I am including it in my post. If reading things from the Bible offends you, feel free to just skip over those parts.

I'm feeling really excited today because yesterday I spent my day at home thinking about what I need to do to really be able to accomplish something. What struck me was reading over my notes from a youth leadership conference where someone was talking about becoming a Christian for the first time. It was neat because he was saying how as Christians we can struggle with "well I became a Christian, and it says that I'm a new creation, so why am I still sinning and struggling with the same stuff as before I became a Christian?" He
specifically referenced II Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!". What he brought up was that our IDENTITIES change (aka we become children of God) but we still have the same MIND. So what we are challenged to work on is changing our minds. I realized that I can WANT to lose weight and have a list of great reasons, but if I don't change my MIND and my thinking patterns, I will never succeed at losing weight. As much as it stinks, losing weight is a FULL MIND AND BODY commitment. You can't do it halfway. You have to throw your whole self into it. That was a real revalation to me. And you know what? It worked. Hopefully it will keep working. I weighed in this morning 3 lbs LESS than yesterday. Hooray!

I have discovered that I need to work on my self esteem. I started by spending a lot of time taking care of "myself" yesterday with the things you don't do every day - like really shaving in the tub with shaving cream and everything - and I painted my toenails purple. I also shined my sink (for you Fly-Lady familiars). This morning I took the time to do my hair, take care of my skin, and put on some light makeup and some earrings. I'm also wearing my favorite dress socks which have Tigger on them (I LOVE Tigger.) I've decided to have a focus verse and develop strategy for how to do with cravings that don't come with hunger. I can be completely not hungry or full, but still want to EAT for some odd reason. So when I want to eat but I'm not hungry I could.. walk a lap of the building (inside at the moment), send an email to someone, look up a bible verse, write a list of what I'm craving and why to try to identify my "Triggers", or repeat my focus verse which is Phillipians 4:13 "I can do EVERYTHING through HIM who gives me STRENGTH."

Did I have a perfect day yesterday? no, because it went completely the opposite of how I had planned. It's very hard for me to have control of myself when my environment spins out of my control. I was only supposed to be home half the day, so of course during the afternoon I snacked. A lot. But I didn't go over my points which is the good news!

I am working on helping myself learn to love myself more, becase no matter what, I am worth it. I also took the time to dedicate my journey to the Lord because Proverbs 16:3 (my verse for the day yesterday) says "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

I feel so powerful today, I know I can do this.

AngiKL
01-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi Beth Anne:

Your post is a blessing to me!

And, in addition to your faith which is encouraging, I liked your Fly-lady reference! I was doing fly-lady this summer when my hours were cut down and I was mostly a housewife.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

Angi

BA99TJ
01-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Well Good, I'm glad to hear that.
:)
*hugs*

bella23
01-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Good for you Bethanne!!

Well I'm back on the rampage. I am determined and ready to loose the weight and keep it off. I am so sick of being the weight I am. A lot of people say I look like I have lost, but I don't see it and it's not showing on the scales.

I'm not going to let anything get me down. I will loose the wieght and I will keep it off.

This evening I will be doing workout video and I am going to try to get more water drank.

I have also started posting in the on line journal here.

Thanks for listening to my story, lol,

Goddess Jessica
01-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Today I started my first day of school! Wooohoooo! I had so much fun, even though I felt like the oldest one there (I was not). I'm only going part time but it was great.

The only poopy thing that happened today was finding out my fatbutt ex-boyfriend has lost a ton of weight. Luckily, he lives 9 states away but it still was a bummer. I thought ex-boyfriends were suppose to get FATTER. Grrrrr....

I didn't get to walk today because I wanted to take the extra time to get ready for school (I was really nervous). But I'll be out there tomorrow. Promise!

Jennelle
01-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Beth Anne - Have you ever done one of the Weigh Down workshops? It's basically a weight loss plan/self-discovery using the Bible. You should see if any of the churches in your area offer it.

Angi - I was also big on Fly Lady this summer, when I wasn't working. As soon as school started again, my house went to **** in a handbasket! :fr:

AngiKL
01-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Yes, Jennelle: I'd shine my sink, but I can't find it!

snowball1
01-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone :) Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I gained a pound this week & have been feeling sorry for myself. But I think I'm snapping out of it a bit. It's a new day :)

I'm going to get my hair chopped tonight. I'm thinking of going pretty short. I'm nervous but I can't wait! :) Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera, but I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

bella23
01-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Just checking in for the day. Doesn't look like to may of you are out there. Just thought I would say hi. I'm pumped to start tomorrow. I want to be on program all week so I can treat myself to my free pizza and soda. (won at work) I hope it is enough of a modivator for me to get my but moving. I need the boost!!

Well I know it's short but I must go to bed. It's late and I have to work tomorrow.

I'll check in again, have a great day all,
Bella23

Jennelle
01-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey Bella, nice to see you back! Haven't seen you in here for a while.

bella23
01-25-2003, 10:27 PM
I know, I have posted it a million times today, but I am just SO HAPPY about my 1 op day today. I feel great and want to just keep going. It has been so long since I could get the will power to stay op for one day that I feel like I could do it forever (i know that feeling won't last long, lol, but I'll ride the wave till it dies) I have also been posting on the journal and just LOVE it. I really think that helps. And I stay totally honest. As you can see from my food choiced on the first couple days I posted, lol.

Well that is all for me, (grins from ear to ear, lol)

Bella23

PS. Thanks for the welcome back Jennelle and the rest of you. I am glad to be back!

Jen
01-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Hi all. It's been awhile since I posted. Things have been not great but not terribly horrible either. Kind of middle of the road. The baby is great, the dh is the usual, work is the usual, my efforts to lose weight are in the toilet. I have a lot of goals and ambitions but not the real motivation to put a lot of hard work into making them into reality. So it kind of leaves me in the usual rut. I'm not gaining but I'm not losing either.

BA - that was a great post you had back there about looking after YOU, painting your toenails etc. I let myself go a lot of the time, not that I don't bathe but I don't do those little extra things that make you feel good. Gave me some stuff to think about.

Bella - I'm really glad to see you back and that you had a terrific day. Hope that translated into a terrific weekend.

Take care all.

bella23
01-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Thanks Jen, I did have a great weekend. I can't wait till friday when I get weighed in. I want to loose and stay on the wagon per say. I hope things go better for you!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend as well.

Bella23

Sandi
01-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Jen!! Bella!! So glad to see you guys!!

Bella - you sound soooo motivated!!! That is so great, once you can get yourself going, it's addicting. I'm almost afraid to cheat, kinda on a roll myself! Let's make this the best year ever!!!

Jen - Be glad that you are not gaining. I am either on and losing or off and gaining. I have NEVER been able to maintain.

snowball - did you get your haircut??

BA - How's it going?

Hi to everyone else!!

I am doing pretty good. Sticking to my plan. Had an Op weekend for the first time, well, maybe ever. Weekends kill me.

I am going to look into curves, although I am not sure if I can spare the time or the money, but we'll see. Everything I hear about it says you lose inches and I have inches to lose!!

snowball1
01-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi, everyone! :)

Sandi, yes, I got my hair cut. It's right at about my upper jaw line & layered. The bottom flips out a little bit & the top curls under a bit. Hard to describe, but I really like it :) I'm glad I decided to do it. AND, congrats on your OP weekend!!! That is fantastic! I am soooo proud of you :D

Welcome back to Jen & Bella. Bella, I'm glad to see you around with a new sense of resolve. :) Jen, I know maintaining stinks when you are trying to lose, but keep at it. Your body will catch up!

I hope things are going well for everyone. Things here are fine. Last week was a tough week for me mentally. But I'm feeling much better now. I've been completely OP since last Wednesday, without even a little cheat. :) And I feel good about it. One day at a time is definitely my new motto! I'm thinking the scale will reflect my hard work this Wednesday, but even if it doesn't, I know I am doing the right things & my body will catch up eventually.

Hope everyone here is having a FABULOUS day!!! :)

grasshoppergirl
01-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Well, I'm still kind of new here. I've been lurking around, posting a little here and there. So far this year I've lost 10 pounds, and I jsut want to make sure that my intial motivation doesn't fade away, so here I am!!

It looks like you all are a very successful group. I hope you don't mind if I continue to chime in!

Oh, and I weigh on Tuesdays, so I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow!

:dancer:

Thanks, everyone, for being here!

gonzostar
01-27-2003, 04:33 PM
ooooh, kayla!

time for a new picture so we can see the hair!!!

bella23
01-27-2003, 06:10 PM
I have so far had a hard day today and it isn't for the reason you think. I have had strep throat 3 times this month and I think I have it again. This makes it very hard to get al the cals. I need. I'm at about 950 cals for the day and don't feel like eating anything. If it comes down to it I'll have a slimfast shake. That should go down easy. But I want to stay between 1300 and 1600 cals. The funny thing is, it feels like I'm cheeting because I'm just not in any mood to eat.

At school today I walked up and down 8 tall flights of stairs. It almost killed me (because I don't feel great) But that is all the workout I'm going to get in today!

I'll post with my totals before I go to bed.

Bella23

Goddess Jessica
01-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Someone (not me!) should start a new daily thread. This is getting full.

Jennelle
01-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Jessica---your wish is my command. Go to #179 - Just Do It