General chatter - Kia Spectra . . .

View Full Version : Kia Spectra . . .

Coondocks
07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
looking at getting a car . .. .still . . . .

Anyone have a kia spectra or have any pro/con they'd share?

I am not at all the car type of girl, i know what's comfortable for me to drive . . . . that's about it.

Thanks in advance :D

mayness
07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
My husband has been at a dealership that sells Kias for a year and a half so I texted him. He says they're okay cars but they don't hold any value... so when they start to die, you're better off buying a new car, rather than sinking a lot of money into repairs.

Coondocks
07-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Ohhhh good to know, thank you!

Kristi78
07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't know anything about Kias, but I've only had two Honda Accords my entire life. Great mileage, safety, and holds their value. I just paid off my 2002 Accord and plan to keep it until it falls apart, which might be awhile since it only has 89K miles. Love my Honda!

Bellamack
07-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I am currently driving a Nissan Sentra (2007) and it gets 35-36 mpg. I like it ok. My 2 cars before it were Mazda Protoges and I loved them. My 1993 to I drove 1999 when the dealer offered me what I paid for it new for his son in college, so I took the money and bought a 1999 and that puppy is still going strong with over 200,000 miles and no major repairs, just routine things. My daughter also drove the heck out of a Honda Civic 1998, still going with 240,000 miles. I don't know anything about Kia's, other than they have a great warranty and price.

nina125
07-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Personally I never owned a kia, but my husband's co-worker bought a brand new Kia Spectra and had to trade it after about a year because of electrical issues.

tdiprincess
07-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I personally love VW's. But they can be expensive to repair.

My mechanic hubby, who also love's VW's, always recommends Hondas or Toyotas. They're generally reliable cars and relatively cheap to fix when they do break. Another up and coming one has been Hyundai. The older ones weren't that great, but newer ones are much more reliable.

Kia's are okay, but they break regularly (at least from those I know who've owned them) and they don't hold their value, mainly because of the unreliability of them.

Coondocks
07-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Thank you all for the fed back and the input from mechanic and dealer hubbys' :)
I've found a Neon for the same price,lower kms and closer to home to check out.
From what i've heard its a much more reliable, easier to repair vehicle and a better option if i like driving it.

I still hate car shopping though