Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: July 18-July 24

View Full Version : Weekly Chat: July 18-July 24

Tejas
07-18-2011, 11:04 AM
:grouphug: New Pages!

Tejas
07-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Good morning everyone. I spent the weekend eating lower carbs than usual. I kept them at 40% of my daily intake (using Fitday to monitor). I lost 2 pounds. I won't change my ticker until I see if this is real or something else.

I'll try out my new upper body lifing program today and that makes me happy. I've been doing the same one for a while.

Not much going on here except trying to organize days around staying cool. The drought is really affecting the farmers and ranchers here--cattle being sold off and crops dying.

beach bum
07-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Just had my hedges cut & trimmed along with the weed removed.The owner will bill be later. Going to be hot & humid so I'm going to keep my a/c on while straightening up for the Canasta card game tomorrow. To get the card table to fit into my living-room I have to move the cocktail table around to another section and to more a chair in another.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages,had a busy morning trying to straighten out the downstairs as I have my canasta card game tomorrow. Still have to do the living room . :congrat: on your 2 lb loss,you're doing great,but look at all the exercising you're doing. Thats the key,but with my bad knee & hip it impossible to do as much as you do,I'm lucky to have 20-30 mins a day.

Have a great day

ontarget
07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: on your 2 lb loss. Hope you're staying cool and safe. We're hibernating most of the days with going outside early mornings. I'm tired of this. But I guess everyone around here is.

Tejas
07-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I should be going out early in the morning, but I've been waiting until 8PM and just doing a few little things in what's left of the yard...pulling weeds mostly.

I've finished the book "Why We Get Fat..." I'm going to read it again and give you a report. But, mostly, cut the carbs way back. And, make those that you do eat complex carbs only.

Tejas
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
I just sent Puneri a private message to try to join us in the right week....

nancy237
07-18-2011, 11:46 PM
My plan was to just maintain until my son returns to college and then get serious about what I eat, but I gained 2 pounds this week so I am starting now.
My joints all feel achey & stiff.

I spent the evening at the bookstore looking at the healthy diets. I couldn't find the "why we get fat" one. Basically I am going almost vegetarian with
protein from eggs, free range chickens, seafood, whey protein & occasinal grass fed beef. The things I read about what is in our supermarket milk, eggs,
& meats made me want to find heathier sources.

I am getting ready to make a list of healthy meal options & then try to cook a healthy dinner each night. Wish me luck. Even if I don't lose weight I mainly want these joints to feel better. I will try some joint meds to like that gluc/chon
one

Skipper isn't any better ..I am going to get her xrayed tomorrow to see how bad it is.. I hate to put her through that because she is so scared of the vet.

jojo23
07-19-2011, 04:12 AM
G'morning all. If you have any warm weather going spare, we could do with some over here. We had our central heating on last evening!

Are you getting the phone hacking story over there? I know they are in Canada. Every time you put the news on, there's been another arrest!

WELL.... After being static for a few weeks I've lost another pound. Not very much in the grand order of things I know, but I'm happy. I'm at that stage where I'm trying clothes on that didn't fit last year, and this year I can get into them.

Going to see my mum this morning. She is hiding her soiled clothes around her room. The care staff say it is a bit like hunt the thimble! It is so sad to see the deterioration in her, its getting much worse and the anxiety and paranoia associated with dementia is very, very obvious now. The well dressed, well informed lady she was has completely gone. To think she spoke: Welsh, English, French, Latin and Greek and was so interested in world affairs and now she can't even understand how to switch on her TV. The staff have to retune it every morning, but she doesn't know what she is watching.

Have a good one everyone

pam920
07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Good morning chicks. Been so busy lately. I've been helping my daughter get the salon ready for their open house. That will be tomorrow and they officially open for business on Thursday. The girl she is partnering with has b een no help. She has basically sat back and let us do all the work, but wants to take the credit for it. They have a lot of people attending the open house. We finished the last details last night. Been a long hard journey getting it ready but it looks great.

Rhonda, a big :bravo::cp::cb::congrat::broc::cheer: That is awesome. You have worked your little butt off.

Maryann, we are not as hot as Texas, but it's still in the high 90's here, everyday. I miss Michigan's summers. We would have a week of 90's in August and the rest of summer was low 80's. I guess Michigan is getting hit with a heat wave too. Vickie can attest to that.

jojo, it's so sad about your mom. My MIL is a shell of what she used to be. Hope you have a good visit. We are hearing all about Murdock here and the phone hacking.

Nancy, I feel so bad about Skipper. My neighbor has a collie. He is almost 20 yrs old. I haven't seen him lately, so I'm thinking he might have went off in the woods to die. He was an outside dog. When I walked, he would tag along. Such a good dog. If you find a good diet, let me know.

I am only up 1 pound from my normal weight. I had started gaining, and down 2 lbs, so I expect this extra pound to be gone soon.

Have a good day.

puneri
07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Tejas, got your message. Thank you for inviting. I am following 17 day diet. I am on 3rd cycle. In this cycle 2 servings of carbs are allowed.

In 1st & 2 nd cycles of 17 days cycle i lost 10 lbs. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tejas
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Puneri, good to see that you found the thread. Most of here are doing some approach to the old Core program on WW. But, whatever you're doing, we're here to help if we can.

Nancy, I'm so sorry about Skipper. If you do have to put him down, you can be sure that you gave him a good life and an easier death than most animals get. I, too, have been looking for healthier sources of foods. I really like grass-fed bison which is available here; it's sweet tasting.

Jojo, like Pam, my MIL (former) is also just a physical shell of who she was. But, snippets of her great personality remain even though her sentences make no sense to anyone. She can also be really nasty. And, yes, we are hearing all about the scandal. Murdoch's use of his power hardly makes him my favorite person so I don't mind too much seeing him suffer. All of the finger pointing is quite dramatic.

Pam, no "little butt" to it :rofl:

I'm surviving on the 100 grams of carbs a day. The Mayo clinic recommends a minimum of 140, and low carbers say 100 is a good place to start. We shall see.

I just had some Ryvita crispbread, Pumpkin seeds and Oats...really tasty. 9 grams of carbs,60 calories, 1.5 grams total fat. It's also low GI.

Hope you're all having a good day.

ontarget
07-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Well, I feel like the fallen chickie here. I haven't made healthy food or exercise choices since last week--and I can tell.

Nancy, my joints hurt more, too, when I'm indulging. Good for you for taking charge.

Punei, good to see you here. I'm interested in the 17 day diet. Think I'll google it.

JoJo, kudos to you for inching down into different clothes. Awesome! I'll send you all the heat you want. Want some 108*? Well, maybe some 101*? We are having more of that, so I would share willingly.

Pam, has your daughter worked with this lady before? Sounds like a rocky start. Congrats to you for just gaining 1 lb.

Okay, I'm off to google.

nancy237
07-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I did well for my first day of my new eating.
My cousin wanted to eat at a mexican restuarant so I got mahi mahi tacos
& black beans. I ate the filling & left the corn shells.
At home I had fruit & egg & nuts . I need to groc shop tomorrow .
The author I read was big on cranberry juice and suggested a cran-water where
you mix 1 part cranberry juice (no sugar) to 10 parts water.
Sure hope this diet helps me feel better . Skipper & I are about the same speed lately.
The vet increased her pain meds so she is more comfortable tonight.

I need to change my ticker to show my gain..that way when I do lose I can track it.

hope82
07-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Hi there may I join in? I am just returning to my counting points. 2.5 years ago I was rocking the weight loss, down to 148 ish then I got pregnant and used it as a great excuse to eat everything in site and then some!! Then I was nursing and that proved a great reason to continue to eat anything and everything around. since about January I have been thinking I need to get back to healthy eating but have not followed through. At my highest weight ever at 202 higher then my 189 when I went to the hospital to have my daughter, I know I must get a grip and drop the weight. So here I am ready to dive back in!!

Tejas
07-20-2011, 01:17 AM
:welcome2: Hope. Of course you can jump in. Most of us are not counting points, but are doing some fashion of the old WW Core. But, mostly, we do what we think is best for us and support one another on the journey.

I'm tracking on Fitday.com and trying to control carbs. Others are doing other things.

pam920
07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
morning chicks.

:welcome3: Hope. I do Simply Filling Technique, when I'm seriously doing the program. Hope to see you posting with us.

I finally lost that extra pound. Now I am back to what I was, and have been, since last February. I am been really lazy about cooking. Now that sweet corn is in season, my husband has been eating that everyday. I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

Sandra, my daughter went to school with this girl. The problem is she is young and immature. My daughter was going to open her own shop and so was this girl so they decided to open together and share the bills. I think that will work out fine. I think once they get opened and settled in, things will be fine. My daughter is a go-getter and this small town has never seen anything like the salon they are opening. Everyone that has had a sneak peek is amazed and asked where my daughter found all the decor. She had a vision going into this and it turned out really nice.

Nancy, good choices when you went to eat mexican. I don't have the will power to leave the shell. Hope the increase in meds will continue to help Skipper.

Rhonda, you are super woman. I hate to count anything, so I give you kudos for all you do.

Maryann, hope your canasta party went well. I used to play canasta when I was a kid. Forgot how to plan now.

Have a good day....

nancy237
07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Hope...

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Good for you for getting serious about the weight.
When I was preg & nursing my appetite was out of control.
I gained about 60 lbs with my first son. If I went to a cafeteria
style place I just grabbed everthing I passed, salad, fruit, entrees,sides,bread,desserts...

This is a great group & very supportive.

Vickie
07-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Good Morning Chicks! You are all doing so well and I'm ashamed. I'm hanging on for dear life and waiting to go back to WW with my friends next Monday. I've been in a cycle of eating and not being too careful. I'd gained two pounds back when I went to JC on Monday. I had a pool party yesterday and linner (lunch/dinner) out with my old work friends. I ate too much and it was bad stuff. So bad that I'm not even going to confess because it would be BAD for my soul. I promise to be back here on Tuesday morning posting AND participating. Gotta push for my second 50 pound marker!

Today is a buff and polish for my feet (kind of a mini pedicure) and then we have dinner out with two of our closest couple friends at Sweet Tomatoes. At least my main entree will be healthy soup and salad! Tomorrow is also a restaurant day. We are hoping that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are just regular days.

We are in the middle of the most hot and dangerous weather right now. My pool was 90 degrees yesterday WITHOUT the solar cover! That has NEVER happened. We'll leave the cover off for another couple of days. I can't swim today because I have too much to do today. I'll be in tomorrow during the day though!

You are all doing so well. I'm proud of you all.

Welcome to our new ladies. I promise to get in and post more helpful stuff to you soon. When I'm on program, which is SOON, I do a combination of the new WW points plus focuses primarily on Simply Filling foods as I'd like to live more natural and less processed.

Light and love.

ems81wales
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
well done on all the losses girls your all doing fab so proud of you :D It is my birthday next week i cannot wait :D

What are everyones plans this week? xxxx

jojo23
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome3::welcome3:::w el3fc::wel3fc: To our new members, jump right in you are more than welcome.

I'm sure they will settle down Pam and the shop will be a huge success.

Where you been Em? We were waiting for the ransom.

Did anyone see Rupert Murdoch get the custard pie? And the met police are wondering why they are being investigated:rolleyes::rolleyes:

pam920
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes, jojo, saw the pie in the face. Also saw his wife jump to the rescue and punch that pie guy, lol. Weird that he got in there with a bag and no one checked to see what was in it. Do you not have security over there? Or, wait, maybe they let him in, knowing what he was going to do....just a thought.

Tejas
07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Saw the pie...again, and again, and again, and again!

Did everyone hear that the restaurant estimations of their calorie content of foods are WAAYYY off? Don't trust them. Off by 100-1000 calories (yes, 1000). Most by 100-300.

ontarget
07-20-2011, 02:00 PM
We're leaving in a bit for Curtis' doctor appointment. Guess we'll miss our siesta. :lol: I made low/cal/healthy quesadillas for lunch. Life is good.

Vickie, I'm not one that you should envy at all. I'm hanging in there by a thread, too, and I see it unraveling quite a bit. Enjoy this week. You and I will be dusting by Monday.

:welcome: to the new Chickies. Don't be bashful. Hop right in.

Pam, how about photos of the new shop? I'd love to see them and I know everyone else would, too. I don't go to the Beaumont Ranch any more. I'm now going to "La Belle AMe" (sp?) My friend who was former manager at the ranch moved so I moved with her.

Rhonda, this is a new salon across the street from Lemon Sister's. It's next door to where Gufstaffson's used to be. (again sp?). The shop is long and narrow and looks Parisian complete with brick walls inside. It's cutesie.

Ems and JoJo, I'm still trying to figure out how to ship you some of our temps.

I mowed and watered early this morning. Tomorrow morning I have 2 friends coming to fling arrows with me. Next Monday I'm back in the water. Till then I'm focusing on eating healthy. Starting Monday (Can you start any other day?) I'll be focusing more on losing and may even step onto the scales.

Gotta go. Hugs to all.

beach bum
07-20-2011, 02:23 PM

Not going out today,except I had to put the garage out and boy was it HOT at 9 AM. Going in to the high 80's and tomorrow is the 90's.Man on the radio said we are so lucky we live on the Cape as it cooler here.

Sorry I was MIA Yesterday,but I had to get ready for I was hosting the Canasta party. Had a wonderful time with my friends, but one of them had to take her sister to the hospital and we only played single handed instead of partners.

I am getting ready to make a list of healthy meal options & then try to cook a healthy dinner each night. Wish me luck. Even if I don't lose weight I mainly want these joints to feel better. I will try some joint meds to like that gluc/chon one

NANCY-Sorry about your two pound,it come off again. I agree with you by eating healthy, & in portion sizes ,but I ditched the diets as I don't believe in them.Every diet out there is on the diet trail to MAKE MONEY. I use triple strength glucosamine chondroitin and I find they do help I also take gelatine for my joints.

WELL.... After being static for a few weeks I've lost another pound. Not very much in the grand order of things I know, but I'm happy. I'm at that stage where I'm trying clothes on that didn't fit last year, and this year I can get into them.

JOJO-Ok how can be bottle all our hot & humid:flame: air over to you. :lol3: Congrats on your 1 lb lose,so your losing inches also, that great. wish I could shrink in the belly area as my so my shorts would feel so tight.
Never heard of the phone hacking.

Maryann, we are not as hot as Texas, but it's still in the high 90's here, everyday. I miss Michigan's summers. We would have a week of 90's in August and the rest of summer was low 80's. I guess Michigan is getting hit with a heat wave too. Vickie can attest to that.

PAM-I not a fan of HHH weather, that why I moved to the north but I guess not far enough as I love the cold weather more than hot. Just got off the phone with a friend and she & I both agree on the 70's is my kind of temps. Oh I love play canasta, more than the other card games like rummy or polka. Its easy if you 500 rummy than you know canasta as they almost have the same rules. Congrats :congrat: on your 1 lb loss.

HOPE-:welcome2: to the board and thread you love it here as the woman here are very supportive. and caring even if it not related to weight loss. I for myself aren't on any of the DIET PLANS at all,don't believe in them, I just try to eat Healthy with portion control,along with counting calories and carbs.

EMS-Hope you have a great birthday next week and hope you got close or even hit your goal for your birthday. I didn't do to much in this heat but I did have my canasta games yesterday and the PB club for Friday.

Have a great day.

hope82
07-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcome ladies!!! Today has been a pretty good day. Had to run to the dollar store and had to have a serious show down with my self to get past the check out line with out adding candy to the basket!! But I did it got out of there and got home with no junk food in my bag!!!

nancy237
07-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Sloan

Are you lurking out there..How are the wedding plans going ??

puneri
07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Thank you Tejas.

ontarget
07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Hope, kudos, my friend. I gave up sugar desserts over 400 days ago. I know how you felt, but I confess it gets easier. Just hang in there.

Maryann, glad you had a good time at your party. Stay cool.

Tejas
07-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Vickie...think of your pool as a hot tub :lol:

nancy237
07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Things were going great with my new diet until my grandson had pizza for his birthday dinner. I ate one piece and then had a tiny piece of cake.

My grandson got a kayak for his birthday that the whole family pitched in on. We found a used one in ca where one daughter lives and had it shipped by greyhound across the country. My Ca daughter is a professional kayaker so this
was exciting to get him started with a good kayak for his age.
He got to use it tonight in the pool ..

My cousin is on the way over with her 3 kids (16,18 & 21) to spend the night so I can take them to the airport in the morning. I need to go find pillows & blankets for everyone.

Hope..good job resisting the candy. I used to never pick up sweets until after my kids were born & then those chocolates started calling to me !!

hope82
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Nacy - The kayak sounds like a fun active present for your grandson!! Good Job keeping the portions small that the party dinner!!

I feel pretty good about my eating today. I ate good tasty foods but was very aware of my portions and making sure the veggies took top spot on my plate. I am very proud that I did not snack alot today that is one of my biggest hurdles. I also got in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I think the biggest key for me is to stay aware of what I am putting in my mouth I do a lot of mindless snacking. I also have a huge sweet tooth.

Does anyone have some good advice on satisfying the sweet tooth without ruining my eating for the day?

nancy237
07-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have some good advice on satisfying the sweet tooth without ruining my eating for the day?

I am trying to figure out the same thing.
I am going to try sugar free hard candies, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free hot chocolate.

Tejas
07-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Purge your house of all sweets and don't buy anymore! That will make it easier. Then, just gut your way through the cravings :lol:

I like to eat strawberries with Stevia and fat-free, calorie-free, everything free whipping cream. Sweet and feels like I got away with something. One cup is about 17 carbs.

jojo23
07-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Nancy Mark used to kyak when he was younger, loads of fun and good exercise. These days he and I are very jealous of anyone who can fit one:D

Murdoch Well the cops were so busy ejecting protesters that they missed this guy sitting quietly at the back. How come they ddin't notice that he had paper plates and a tin of shaving cream lord alone knows. The Met are remnowned for not being that bright. Mrs Murdoch has a HUGE amount of kudos over here after her right arm smash. We reckon she would have given Tyson a run for his money

HOPE This worked for me: Get some raw cauliflower and brocolli stalks, trim then into 'matchsticks', keep in the fridge and munch when the sweet tooth overtakes you. If you are really suffering though, get a low cal/fat chocolate bar cut it into small portions and allow yourself a piece through the day. Knowing you can have it sometimes eases the cravings and much better you ration yourself than give in completely and you are found face-down in a box of donuts with a satisfied smile on your face.

Going looking for a carpet this morning. Hoping to get one in a sale. We can buy whatever is cheapest because all our walls are magnolia, or will be when we have finished and as the house is going on the market (eventually) .
Have a good one everyone

nancy237
07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
About the sweets:
The book I just read said to freeze grapes for something to munch on.
That is if grapes are on your diet.

blessedwithsarah
07-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi ladies. Its been HOT, HOT, HOT here. Today and tomorrow we are under heat watch. I'm glad I'm at work. DD is at camp, I think they'll be inside most of the day and when they do go out, playing water games. Things here are going well. I stayed the same this week, which is OK since weigh in day was on a bad time of the month :0 I've been sticking to plan, so it will catch up next week.

We close on our cottage in a week and 1/2. I've been busy trying to get all the stuff together. Insurance is now done, finances are set. Today I need to call the electric company to get that switched on the 2nd. When we drive up for the close we're loading up the car with a bunch of boxes of stuff we've collected from our house. The kitchen is basically set from stuff we had around our house and we also have an old rocking chair that will go up as well. We won't have time to get anything organized, just drop and head home. Its about 2 1/2 hour drive and we need to go up and back in one day. We'll be there for a week + a week and 1/2 later for vacation. Busy, busy, but exciting!!!

Welcome to all the new ladies. I hope everyone is doing well.

For a sweet snack here is what I've been making in the blender --- 1 cup skim milk, one frozen banana, 4-5 ice cubes. Blend this all together then I add in a Tablespoon of ff/sf pudding mix. I've been using vanilla - it ends up like a thick milkshake. I count it as a cup of pudding. I've also put in frozen strawberries. You can add more ice or fruit to make a bigger cup. Its been great on the hot nights. Just wanted to share!

Have a good day.

ems81wales
07-21-2011, 11:36 AM
please send me and jojo some of that lush weather over here is rubbish lol

i have wi tonight it aint looking good lol but we will see i got tonights wi and next week wi to get my birthday goal i got a lb to loose. xxx

ontarget
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
We're going to a game night at friend's tonight. I'm taking homemade cornbread and a huge tossed salad. I'm draining Mandarin oranges to add to the salad. Should be good.

It's hot here, too, with no relief in sight. Life goes on. Hang in there, everyone. Better times will eventually get here unless this isn't real life and is one of those horror "end of the world by hot weather" movies. If that's what it is--I plan to eat as much of whatever I want. I may even roll in sugar and chocolate. :lol:

nancy237
07-21-2011, 04:17 PM
I was up late with my cousin & her family & got up at 5 to take them to the airport. I have been tired and sorta taking a rest day. Started a movie but got too sleepy to finish it so I napped and now I will finish it.

Tejas
07-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Whew, busy day here: stained glass class, weight lifting, picking up great nieces and taking them to art class, returning them home, visiting with family, etc. I'm finally home. I was sooo hungry I stopped for hamburgers and I ate ONLY 1/2 of one :woohoo: That was enough to tame the hunger monster. I'll have a protein shake later.

Just hot here, as it is so many places. Nothing new. I think I'll roll in chocolate and sugar with Sandra.

nancy237
07-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Greenfingers was the movie I watched about a group of prisoners that take up gardening . Enjoyed it.

Skipper is worse today and even with lots of pain pills she is hurting and has slept all day. It seems to hurt her now to lay down or get up. I got her to go outside with me but she just wanted to stay beside me ..Not her normal self..I know
what I have to do for her ..drat it.. I handled my Golden Ret
being put to sleep in '97 much better (and that was on the heels of a divorce ) Back then the house was busy with kids so the
dog wasn't my main companion at the house. That may be the difference or just that I am a bit more depressed now.

jojo23
07-22-2011, 06:37 AM
Nancy Our labrador is much more than a pet these days, because she is a link to our daughter. I'm not surprised you are depressed love. If the worst comes to the worst, just imagine your husband and Skipper, both young both healthy and going for long walks in idyllic places. And just remember, when your time comes, they will both be there walting for you. Dammit Nancy I don't think we will be able to see our Beth for blinking dogs when we meet up again!

I feel really let down
I had 7 cousins but now only have 5 and I am the eldest. I have our grandfather’s WW1 medals and, because I now have no children, passed them on to my eldest cousin. He is not short of money, happily retired on a massive private pension, has 2 homes, the second being on the Algarve. He and his wife really have a fantastic life style.
My youngest cousin has a son, Robbie, working in a town a few miles from where my eldest cousin lives. Robbie is a history graduate. He was walking past an antiques shop, saw some medals, thought he’d have a look because he is interested in the 1914-18 war and damn me they were grandpa’s medals. There has been a hades of a row, I’ve kept out of it but I am so sad that this lovely old man, grandpa, who died in 1960 should be valued so lightly by one of his grandchildren. Robbie bought the medals back and I am sure that he will treasure them and keep them in the family. I wish I had given them to him in the first place, but I kept to the family tradition.

They bleeped out HEdouble hockey sticks

beach bum
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM

HHH and want can I say It finally came up to us,but its not stopping my friend Rita & I to meet this afternoon. No PB club to day and the scientist are all meeting in our hall to talk about OUR CLIMATE[What Does Climate Change Mean To You] They will have a fair and event on this topic. TOO hot for us to go to far so we are meet ay our local restaurant to sit and talk.

Other wise nothing new,Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I was vegging out in this heat,and I'm going to do the same today between meeting my friend at the restaurant.

Have a great day,will be back tomorrow.

ontarget
07-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Just finished some grilled tilapia. It was yummy! Also had a tossed salad of spring mix, mandarin oranges, walnuts, strawberries. It was yummy, too. We're watering now and have been since around 7 this AM. Hate to see our water bill but whatever it is will be worth it if it saves our trees, grass, flowers.

We have a family reunion tomorrow. As a compulsive overeater, I'm already thinking of the food. I need to learn to focus more on the visiting. I'm 64. Do you think I'll ever change?

JoJo, I am glad the medals are back in your family.

Nancy, :hug:

Tejas
07-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Jojo, that's just awful that someone cared so little. They should have at the very least given them back to you. Just chicken-hearted! I am so glad that they are back with your family.

I saw the nutriitionist today who did not support my 100 grams of carbs approach. I told her I would get the sticks and check urine to make sure I am not in ketosis. She was adamant that at 100 carbs a day I would be. That is not what other sites say. Oh well.

I'm having neighbors over for what was supposed to be a simple meal. Of course, I have made it difficult, but delicious I hope. The meal is: Gazpacho; Pablano peppers stuffed with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and Mexican spices; creamed hominy: guacamole; and, flan with toasted almonds for desert. The neighbor is making Margaritas. Nothing low carb about it at all.

For those of you who don't know the rules---Margaritas, if drunk while having fun--have no calories.

Nancy, I am so sorry about your doggie. :hug:

nancy237
07-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Skipper was put to sleep at 2:30 today. It was hard for me but peaceful for her.
I can't sleep because for 10 years she has been tucked up as close as she could get to my side of the bed at night.
It is weird that I got Skipper when I was dating Robin and lost her so close to losing Robin. Its like my life has these stages and I am definitly entering a different one with the kids in college and Robin gone & even Skipper.

jojo23
07-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Oh Nancy, I am so sorry.

Heatwave there was a lot about it on yesterdays news but the Norway bombings and shootings knocked it off. I don't know how you are all keeping sane. It would be my idea of H.E.L.L. We got the live coverage of Norway all yesterday late afternoon and evening. It is a massive tragedy. Over 90 killed by this morning's news and more expected.

I have to keep this short because my neighbours cat has just been killed on the road outside our house and mark has just gone to tell him

beach bum
07-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Its still HHH so its a day to stay indoors,plus I have to wait for the repairman to come to put a pump into Leo's bed for the Sleep Number bed to operate correctly. He suppose to be here between 11-3. Have to pull the bed apart and get the linens in the wash,as my DD is coming up next Sunday 7/31. Than the kids can have the floor mattress by them selves. I also haves love seat & chair that coverts into a bed. So they all can choose hat the want to sleep on.

Had a great time with my friend Rita and this Tues. we are going to the Melody Tent in Hyannis to see the Irish summer festival. There's going to be singers and dancers. Rita children were all in Irish dancing ,and won prizes for their dancing. Should be fun.

Its getting uncomfortable so I'm going to put the A/C in the living room on and keep the fan on to keep the air circulating.

Lost .5 this morning so I finally got down to 165,hope it continues so I hit my months goal of 4 lbs this month

Have a great day, must get my chores done for the day,and if I have time will watch the golf game.

pam920
07-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Morning chicks.

Nancy, I'm so sorry. It's never easy losing a pet. I had a pom for 15 yrs and had to put her down the same day my nephew passed. I was an emotional wreck. Hugs, my friend.

jojo, sorry about those medals. I have keepsakes that I have to pass along too. My girls know these are pieces of the past and would never sell them. He should have just returned them to you. Glad you got them back.

Sandra, have fun at the reunion. Food is always important at these functions, lol.

Maryann, hope it has cooled down some for you. It's still very hot here.

Rhonda, I have no idea how many carbs I eat each day. Wouldn't know where to start, counting them. I just try to stay away from processed foods, along with sugar, and anything white.

Suppose to get my hair cut and colored today. Other daughter is coming to visit. Have a great weekend.

puneri
07-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Nancy,
Do not loose heart. There is some thing better in store for you. God is working on it.

Tejas
07-23-2011, 11:49 AM
:hug: Nancy. It's so hard. I had to have my cat--15 years old--put down a month after my husband died. I know the feeling.

Dinner was very successful last night, ate too much of course. But, we had a good visit with a neighbor couple and it was fun to entertain them.

ontarget
07-23-2011, 08:58 PM
We're home from the reunion. I'm still sf--over 400 days and counting. Ain't that something!!

Nancy :hug:

Maryann, enjoy the celebration. Sounds like fun.

Vickie, how are you? Are you ready to do some dusting with me?

Pam, I'm getting my hair trimmed and colored Tuesday. Does yours look much like your photo? Mine doesn't and won't.

Puneri, I like what you said to Nancy. You are very gifted with words.

Rhonda, I was thinking about our family. We're almost the oldest generation now. Doesn't seem right, does it? :lol:

JoJo, when our weather guesser shows he 7 day forecast, all the daily high digits run together across the screen. Seriously!

Can ya'll tell I was typing quickly. Sorry about that. I had a Diet Coke with caffeine and I'm almost loopy. Not used to caffeine.

nancy237
07-23-2011, 11:51 PM
My plans were to work on the front yard today but i took one step outside and
decided to work indoors today. I have been going through all our unorganized CD's to figure out what I like & what I should give away. I have discovered some new music I like ...Jackson Brown is one . Never knew he was mellow.
I bought good speakers a week ago because I think music will lift my spirits.

I am so used to Skipper following me around the house that it is sad , but I think watching her suffer this last week and dreading yesterday was worse.
I know she had a great life . I even chuckle about Robin's expression seeing her join him in heaven , she was my dog 100 % and she would not listen to him one bit. When we moved here he wanted her to be an outside dog because of the shedding and the kids & I gradually won him over that she belonged inside with us. She either won't shed in heaven or he won't mind. I know my theology may be a bit off but its a nice thought !!

So a year ago I was happily busy taking care of kids & hubby and an elderly dog. Kids have flown the coop & Robin & Skipper are in a better place.
I have to figure out who I am with out the mommy/wife role I had. I know I am still a mommy but its different time wise now. I realized its no wonder I don't know what type house I need/want when I sell this house. I don't know who I am now. Life was so busy that I didn't have hobbies that were separate from the family activities. We camped, fished, traveled together.

I am sorta a homebody type so I need to be careful about just cocooning at home and spending all my time here. I need to cook and invite friends over.

Obviously I am rambling a bit here, just thinking through what is down the road for me.

Thanks for all the support about Skipper. My cat is missing her too. They were good pals.

nancy237
07-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Forgot to say that I think the new eating plan is working .
I am down a few pounds this week.

My foot is finally feeling good enough to exercise so I think i will rejoin our YMCA & start a routine there.

jojo23
07-24-2011, 05:02 AM
No loss for me this week... I blame that bacon butty I had on Thursday. IT WAS WORTH IT:) Out and about today. We have bright warm weather, not too hot for people like me and not too cold for the sun lovers.:)

Our TV news is getting even more depressing...US heatwave/ Norway bomb and shootings/ Amy Winehouse and now Grand Prairie. When I was a little girl in the 1950's, if there was a murder in Britain it was headlines on the news. Now they are 2 a penny.

Have a good day everyone

Tejas
07-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Nancy, I was thinking about all these changes in your life a lot yesterday. I remember my older sister saying how rocked she was when her daughter and I both left Texas in the same year. And, she had her husband and her pet! I'm sure you're right that it would be easy to get very isolated, and I'm glad that you are working against that.

Jojo, you asked how we stay sane. Who's sane?

ems81wales
07-24-2011, 11:32 AM
i sts this week i got to loose lb by wednesday to meet my birthday goal :(

ontarget
07-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm not sane, and I can prove it. This heat is really something. My eating yesterday was actually better than it had been all last week. Don't know what's up with that. Maybe it had to do with Curtis' cousin who works for WW. She asked me if I am going to meetings. I pointed at myself and said, "Guess."

Nancy, I went through the same type (but not nearly as deep) period when I got divorced. I didn't know who I was for a long time. Do you have lady friends neaby? I think friends are extremely important.

puneri
07-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Ontarget,
It is a huge complement for me, as i am indian and came here just 6 months back.
Our indian diet is carb heavy. After coming here, i knew my mistake and changed my eating habits and now inching towards my goal.
I hope nancy meets her soulmate real fast.

Vickie
07-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I feel so disconnected and it's my own fault.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about Skipper. What a wonderful woman you are to let him go and release him from his pain. It is our last but MOST important responsibility and act of love we do for our beloved pet companions. You might remember that Jim and I lost our heart dog Cassie just once month shy of her 7th birthday to kidney failure. Letting her go so young was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I know you are REALLY at loose ends right now but I'm proud of you for pushing yourself. My Mom gave up after my Dad died and it was sad to see her at 56 give up the rest of her life. We are always here for you.

It POURING here. We have had some really extreme weather this year; first the blizzard; wettest Spring on record; the heat wave and now more torrential rain. The Great Nieces/Nephew and I are hoping to swim today but it doesn't look good right now.

Sandra, I'm trying to dust. I made a new healthy recipe last night. It had great veggies in it and turkey italian sausage. It made 8 servings so we have enough for 3 more meals in the freezer. I like to cook like that so that other nights I just have to cook fresh pasta and veggies to go with it and it's better than all the processed foods. I haven't decided when I'm going back to my meeting yet. HUGE congratulations on your 400 days! I'm very proud of you too.

nancy237
07-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I am going to paint a dresser I found on craigslist . I just love it and got it for next to nothing. Then I need to get some Groceries & a few things from the hardware store. Found a ceiling light for my entry foyer but the link says they are discontinued, I am hoping the store still has a few . With 100's of lights I have to like the one that is discontinued:dunno:

Nancy,
Do not loose heart. There is some thing better in store for you. God is working on it.
Thanks, I do beleive that..

Rhonda...Your dinner sounded amazing..

Sandra..The caffeine doesn't help my typing. My cousin was making fun if my 2 finger typing and I told her I was proud because I was up from 1 finger.

JoJo..I know what you mean about the news. Robin was the big TV watcher in our house so I don't even know what is going on in the world. I think I do need to watch a bit of world news to stay informed.

Jojo, you asked how we stay sane. Who's sane?
Stick around JoJo & you will realized this is the looney forum :carrot::carrot:

Ems..Your lose is amazing with or without that 1 lb, but you can do it.

Do you have lady friends neaby? I think friends are extremely important.
I do have a lot of amazing friends !! Lots of them are on vacation right now but its working out because I am up to my neck in projects to get the house ready to sell & my son has been home for the summer.

I hope nancy meets her soulmate real fast.

Not too fast because I wouldn't be ready for that, maybe in a few years.

[Vickie..That recipe sounds great with the veggies & italian sausage..Did you find it here ?? Online??

Vickie
07-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Italian Sausage Marinara with Penne

Fill your house with the warm, wonderful aroma of this rich, bold-flavored sauce. It’s my first original recipe and a family favorite from the start. We love its zesty blend of veggies and Italian turkey links. —Teresa Kriese, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 1 hour
Ingredients
1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (28 ounces) Italian crushed tomatoes
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4-1/2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
Directions
In a Dutch oven, saute sausage until no longer pink; drain. Remove
and set aside. In the same pan, saute the zucchini, pepper and
mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add
wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, cheese, hot sauce, Italian

Taste of Home 2011
2 of 2
Italian Sausage Marinara with Penne (continued)
Directions (continued)
seasoning, sugar and salt. Stir in sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce
heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve
with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup sauce with 1 cup pasta equals 441 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein.

Vickie
07-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I used 16 ounces of mushrooms because we LOVE them! It was really good. I used extra cayenne too. I served us each a portion and then froze the sauce for 3 more meals. I'll cook fresh pasta each time we eat it.

beach bum
07-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi Ladies:)

We had rain and thunder bummer yesterday at noon and than heavy down pours this morning around 8 AM but the it didn't do any good for the Humidity is still the killer. I have the A/C's going full blast.

Nancy I just read your post,and I'm sending [[[[:hug:]]]] you way. It seems like you have been going though a lot these past mouths. All I can say is to have faith the Lord will pull your though,and as staying home bound is not a good idea you must get out even if you go out and do things on your own. Glad that you decided not to do the latter. Happy to hear that the new diet is working for you.

PAM-Heat is amongst us,but this time around I didn't go to the movies to cool down as I discovered that I had a ringing my ears I thought it was tinnitus,but my friends told me the symptoms so I guess I have a bad sinus problem that's effecting my ears. If it continues I will go to the doctors.

TARGET- I Love grilled tilapia did you grill it yourself or go out to eat.
Your wondering about your water bill,I'm just can imagine what my electric bill will be with all the A/C I been using morning noon and night. Thanks I really looking forward to the Irish Summer-fest,as my friend Rita & I haven't never went to the Famous Melody Tent. Lots of celebrities come here to entertain during the summer months.

JOJO-Sorry to hear about your grandpa's metals glad that they came back to the rightful owners.

Have a great day,going to watch the golf

nancy237
07-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Vickie..thanks for the recipe..I plan to cook it tomorrow..looks great.

Saddest thing..Our cat has been laying in Skipper's spot on the rug for 2 days now.

I put a link here to the photo..I hope that is allowed. I tried to reduce the size but it still seems big.sorry

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/tarheel237/100_1477.jpg

Tejas
07-25-2011, 01:10 AM
That's a very sweet picture, Nancy. One of our dogs mourned for the other one for a week, looking for her everywhere.

Vickie
07-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Animals absolutely mourn. So sad.