Ideal Protein Diet - Daily Chat Monday July 18

View Full Version : Daily Chat Monday July 18

MInewgoal
07-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.htm), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf), The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

MInewgoal
07-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Well as of today, I am officially in the 150s, with less then 20 pounds to goal :carrot:

I can't believe how awesome IP has been for me!!!

Hope you all have a great start to your week.

M0vingon
07-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Well as of today, I am officially in the 150s, with less then 20 pounds to goal :carrot:

Congrats! :woohoo:

Happy Monday!

I'm usually glad to get back to work on Mondays, but this week I wouldn't mind Monday off ;) I usually struggle with the urge to eat all weekend, but it's been so obscenely hot that eating just isn't attractive. I could use one more day to finish some of the projects i didn't complete this weekend!

Have a great day, everyone!

cadenlevi
07-18-2011, 08:34 AM
I had a great weekend until last night....I had some ice cream (my first cheat). My significant other bought it and it's my weakness. Needless to say, he will not be bringing it home again until I can get my food under control. Here's to staying OP this week!!!!

lboogs311
07-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Good Morning!
Congrats MInewgoal!

Wow, I am still exhausted from my excursion to NYC. These wedding are so tricky! I stayed OP for the most part, but definitely didn't get enough veggies in....and now I am paying for it (big C). Went out to eat 3 times and thankfully, almost all of the places had turkey burgers lol. Man, one NSV, lunch Saturday my turkey burger had fries on the plate and I did not even touch one! whee. I would have devoured those in my old hay day lol. So we move on. No more weddings for me until October thank goodness. We did a ton of walking all through central park Saturday, so that was great, but I believe I am only down about a pound. We'll see tonight at WI#10.
hope everyone has a terrific day!

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I had a great weekend until last night....I had some ice cream (my first cheat). My significant other bought it and it's my weakness. Needless to say, he will not be bringing it home again until I can get my food under control. Here's to staying OP this week!!!!

My husband had 2 ice cream cones the other night and I just wanted to slap him! ;) In all honesty I had a protein bar and was content. I sometimes think this diet would be much easier if I didn't have a husband and 2 kids to feed and who bring things I can't have into the house but it's not them that needs to lose weight I guess.

Still 100% OP here. I did the dreaded and weighed myself this morning again. I wasn't supposed to do that! I am up 1lb from yesterday and wishing I hadn't peeked. I REALLY want to make it to 15lbs for my first month and am doing everything I can to get there.

Porthardygurl
07-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Good morning from Sunny Port Hardy..yay for sun..

Well...what a bad night last night..We were invited out for dinner with another couple on a double date..and we had a babysitter..I set myself up for failure..It started with a gluten free pizza and ended with more than one nanaimo bar...Henceforth equaling= UGH..er...owww..Barf...Oka..so i havent barfed yet..but i definitly feel like i could..and it doesnt help that im battling the big C today..which is suprising cause i havent been until now...so thats not helping me feel any better...So i jumped on my scale..saw it move two pounds up and called it for what it was...a really bad night..more like..a bad afternoon..I was angry..and unfourtunately..when i get angry..or upset..i still have a hard time not eating my feelings..im trying to work on it...Im thankful that it wasnt the 6 donuts that i thought i was going to go out and buy and binge on...but still..two nanaimo bars arent the best for you and a gluten free pizza that has low carb toppings...still not a diet food.. So this weeks goal is going to be " Learning how to express emotions instead of eating them"... I need to find better coping techniques if i want to continue to lose weight..

Truth be told.. i feel really embarresed and actually...humiliated to have to come on here and admit to what i did last night..because i feel like you guys wont think im serious about losing weight...cause really i am..but like a lot of other people..im struggling to change the issues behind the eating patterns..its not enough to just change my diet..i have to change how i do things..and learning to feel things instead of eating things is something that still has to be worked on...
So anyway..to everyone else..hope you have a good day..and i will see you in the 100% OP thread

colley
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Good morning all!!!!! Snuck on the scale and say another 2 lbd lose!!! Yay!!! But I did have a tantrum this morning cause I slept in and then none of my clothes fit!!!! So basically I savaged my way through my closet in a hunt to find clothes that fit, but then I had to remind myself that this was a good thing rather than changing a hundred times cause the clothes don't fit..... AhhhhWells!!!!

Classy Broad
07-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Congrats!
What a fantastic way to start the week!!!

murleya1
07-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Ohh Monday Weigh ins. I find myself really committed on weekends because my weigh ins are on Monday. If you cheat it shows. I look forward to weighing in. I love watching the pounds come off!

Wrecky
07-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Week 2 and was down 3 this morning. A little disappointed. Did a workout last night though and a wee bit sore this morning so maybe retaining a little bit of water. Didn't cheat all week so I was definitely expecting more. A loss regardless! Feels good to be working out again. Hope everyone is doing well!

Pxlkitty4
07-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Congratulations!!! What a great way to start the week... I just looked at your goal weight (again) and realized that we started IP right around the same weight. I was 218 at my heaviest ever, 204.5 when I started IP...

I visit the doctor (monthly with him) AND my coach today. I need to discuss my goal. Part of me wants to go to Phase 2 today and go another 5 lbs... I still have juggly bits, though, and saw pictures of myself from yesterday. While I still look amazing compared to how I used to look, I still (objectively) have more fat to lose. I am considering moving my goal weight down again. At first, my goal weight was 155. That is what I weighed in high school and I was a 6 (sometimes a 4). I weighed myself this morning and I was at 154.5... While this is HUGE, it's those 20 years since high school that make me look different, even though I am now at the same weight. I will keep everyone posted on what I decide to do. For now, I'm thinking "why not finish this thing and just look absolutely stunning!"... That would mean another 10-15 lbs off, I think.

So... Minewgoal. I might be joining you with a 140 goal weight. I'll let you know!

EDITING - just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.

MInewgoal
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Congratulations!!! What a great way to start the week... I just looked at your goal weight (again) and realized that we started IP right around the same weight. I was 218 at my heaviest ever, 204.5 when I started IP...

I visit the doctor (monthly with him) AND my coach today. I need to discuss my goal. Part of me wants to go to Phase 2 today and go another 5 lbs... I still have juggly bits, though, and saw pictures of myself from yesterday. While I still look amazing compared to how I used to look, I still (objectively) have more fat to lose. I am considering moving my goal weight down again. At first, my goal weight was 155. That is what I weighed in high school and I was a 6 (sometimes a 4). I weighed myself this morning and I was at 154.5... While this is HUGE, it's those 20 years since high school that make me look different, even though I am now at the same weight. I will keep everyone posted on what I decide to do. For now, I'm thinking "why not finish this thing and just look absolutely stunning!"... That would mean another 10-15 lbs off, I think.

So... Minewgoal. I might be joining you with a 140 goal weight. I'll let you know!

We are also the same height..I just didn't put the .5 in, cuz I was lazy when I set it up.

But I do know where you are coming from. I have been waffling about the 140 myself. I never would have dreamed I'd get into an 8 and think...I'm not small enough yet, but here I am. Will a size 6 make me happy? I doubt it, but why do I feel the need to be in a 4? Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable on this diet..and don't want to go back to the way it was????

Really....when I look in the mirror I focus on the jiggly overextended stomach skin from my years of abuse, and the fat arms that I still have. If those things would just disappear, maybe I could look at the rest of me objectively, but I can't. They are what draws my eyes..and I can't see past them.

MInewgoal
07-18-2011, 09:55 AM
EDITING - just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.

that's absolutely awesome :carrot:!!!! Great job!!!

Pauley
07-18-2011, 10:04 AM
What uplifting posts. Everyone seems to be doing well. I am on the plan three weeks as of today and am down 19 lbs. I am happy with that, but of course it never happens fast enough. I have so much to lose that I don't really look any better yet and people aren't noticing. I wonder how much I have to lose before I start looking thinner?

lroderick
07-18-2011, 10:08 AM
So week 3 !! I went out to eat this weekend for the first time, can't say I enjoyed it ... as my boyfriend & his friends downed buffalo wings, cheesburgers, potato skins & french fries I was eating my salad, ughhhh -__- but I didn't cheat ! so im hoping for a loss.

Last week was a BIG dissapointment, only 1 pound ! :( I don't have a scale at home, but my mom does & visited this weekend ... & i'm the same !! hopefully that changes before wednesday, I need to see some progress to keep me going !!!!

Hope everyone has a good day :)
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/flower01/lb////.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

leganegan
07-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Good Morning!
Congrats MInewgoal!

Wow, I am still exhausted from my excursion to NYC. These wedding are so tricky! I stayed OP for the most part, but definitely didn't get enough veggies in....and now I am paying for it (big C). Went out to eat 3 times and thankfully, almost all of the places had turkey burgers lol. Man, one NSV, lunch Saturday my turkey burger had fries on the plate and I did not even touch one! whee. I would have devoured those in my old hay day lol. So we move on. No more weddings for me until October thank goodness. We did a ton of walking all through central park Saturday, so that was great, but I believe I am only down about a pound. We'll see tonight at WI#10.
hope everyone has a terrific day!

Way to go! NYC, I would imagine is the most tempting place to be in! I have a wedding the first week of August, I'll have to pack some veggies, or eat them beforehand. Thanks for the summary, I'm nervous about the meal. I wonder if it's okay to have an IP instead of the protein they serve at the wedding?
Also, for the "big C" my coach recommends Super Diet's tea.

lboogs311
07-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks leganegan!

Yes, it was very tempting. The hardest part for me is not drinking alcohol you know the champagne toast etc. This was a different type of wedding, all passed hor d'hourves (sp), so I didn't eat there. You have the right idea, eat before. The wedding I went to in May was more traditional, with a sit down meal where I had the fish, I just scrapped off the seasoning and did what I could with it. I definitely find myself making better choices while out to eat, that's for sure!

Ishbel
07-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey Hey Everyone!

What great reads this morning! I'm finding summer tough, but I'm sticking to the protocol. Getting my bf to think about what he's putting in his mouth too. Also helps him with his son as well.

It's stinkin' hot here today, +35 without the humidity and +37 tomorrow without the humidity. I have a small garden in which I've planted copious amounts of lettuce so I'm up early to turn on the water as I don't want them to fry in the heat. I'm very thankful that I have air conditioning that's for sure.

I'm feeling much better after being back on a schedule with IP vice being on vacation. There's something to be said for a work schedule to keep you on track that's for sure.

One thing, I've lost 50 lbs and no one person who DOESN'T know that I'm working on my weight has mentioned anything. NO ONE, I know they probably notice but won't say anything (because they feel awkward mentioning it? etc.)......but really people? Doesn't someone who doesn't know NOTICE 50 lbs less on me? lol

Have a great day everyone!

Carla

kimvw
07-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow, had a great weekend of fun, friends, and celebrating! Resisted getting on the scale, as I met my goal of 132 on Saturday morning. Didn't want to ruin my actual birthday by not weighing that! Isn't it funny the games we play? I will be accountable and step on the scale this am. After the weekend of "cheats", I am sure my scale will reflect!

That is OK, as I planned this. The difference is that I can control it, and will loose what was gained in a short periord of time. That is why this is such an awesome program. If you just keep yourself in check, take off what you put on, go back to Phase 1 until you are done, you can control the gains and feel good.

Three months ago, I wouldn't have gotten back on the scale, I had thrown mine away, saying I wouldn't be a slave to it! Now, I have a new scale and I use it daily! For me, that is my accountablility. So I will weigh today, take the news, good or bad, and eat on program.

I do find it interesting that eating off program makes me feel "blah" the next day. I feel so much cleaner and lighter when I make the right choices.

Oh well, have a great OP day everyone.

Bellamack
07-18-2011, 11:24 AM
My husband will never again comment on anyone's weight. He saw someone he knew, but hadn't seen in several months and they had lost alot of weight. He said, "hey you look great, you've lost alot of weight" and they said "not of purpose, I have cancer". Sooooo, some people don't comment, because they aren't sure if you are doing it on purpose.
Congrats to you on your loss!

leganegan
07-18-2011, 11:24 AM

Well...what a bad night last night..We were invited out for dinner with another couple on a double date..and we had a babysitter..I set myself up for failure..It started with a gluten free pizza and ended with more than one nanaimo bar...Henceforth equaling= UGH..er...owww..Barf...Oka..so i havent barfed yet..but i definitly feel like i could..and it doesnt help that im battling the big C today..which is suprising cause i havent been until now...so thats not helping me feel any better...So i jumped on my scale..saw it move two pounds up and called it for what it was...a really bad night..more like..a bad afternoon..I was angry..and unfourtunately..when i get angry..or upset..i still have a hard time not eating my feelings..im trying to work on it...Im thankful that it wasnt the 6 donuts that i thought i was going to go out and buy and binge on...but still..two nanaimo bars arent the best for you and a gluten free pizza that has low carb toppings...still not a diet food.. So this weeks goal is going to be " Learning how to express emotions instead of eating them"... I need to find better coping techniques if i want to continue to lose weight..

Truth be told.. i feel really embarresed and actually...humiliated to have to come on here and admit to what i did last night..because i feel like you guys wont think im serious about losing weight...cause really i am..but like a lot of other people..im struggling to change the issues behind the eating patterns..its not enough to just change my diet..i have to change how i do things..and learning to feel things instead of eating things is something that still has to be worked on...
So anyway..to everyone else..hope you have a good day..and i will see you in the 100% OP thread

Do not beat yourself up, the old you would have been continuing to eat bad today and tomorrow and the next... and the next....
Just evaluate the foods that tempt you and the atmospheres that tempt you, and plan ahead. example: yesterday I went to the movies with the BF and friends, they had soda and pizza and popcorn, etc. i had 32oz of water and 2 pickles packed... I didn't even eat the pickles but I knowing I had them was comforting enough. After the movie my friend mentioned how gross and greasy he felt after eating the pizza and drinking the soda. It made me feel good that i wasn't tempted. :) :) HANG IN THERE! Less cheats= maintenance phase sooner.:hug:

Wrecky
07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm excited for tonite! TurboFire and then making big Mac in a bowl! This sounds Delish to me!

cadenlevi
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm excited for tonite! TurboFire and then making big Mac in a bowl! This sounds Delish to me!

I saw an infomercial about that this weekend - what do you think about it? I'm trying to decide if I want to get that or join the gym. I already have a treadmill at home (along with Zumba for the Wii) but thought this might add a little more cardio and resistance training. Do you like it?

Wrecky
07-18-2011, 11:43 AM
No. I LOVE it! Do it, it's so much fun!!!

jordanna
07-18-2011, 11:51 AM

That's what I'm having for dinner tonight too, it's soooo good :)

Ishbel
07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
My husband will never again comment on anyone's weight. He saw someone he knew, but hadn't seen in several months and they had lost alot of weight. He said, "hey you look great, you've lost alot of weight" and they said "not of purpose, I have cancer". Sooooo, some people don't comment, because they aren't sure if you are doing it on purpose.
Congrats to you on your loss!

Thanks, I know this is probably the biggest reason....they are unsure if it's a good thing. But I'm still waiting for that bright light comment that makes me feel "FINALLY" lol

cadenlevi
07-18-2011, 12:10 PM
No. I LOVE it! Do it, it's so much fun!!!

Awesome! It's nice to have a review before that kind of investment. How long have you been doing it?

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Good morning all... Well for the first time ever.... I forgot I had agility on the weekend.... luckily the trial co ordinator called me Saturday night and asked why I missed it... darn I thought it was next weekend. So went yesterday, was a little nervous as most people there haven't seen me since before IP... why nervous I don't know. I only entered my "Red" dog in one run... you could tell I was rusty as I left her collar on during the run... that is against the rules, but the judge didn't see... but she didn't make time anyway so I didn't get a cheat ribbon or anything. Now for the friends, my one friend came up to me and couldn't believe it, she said she had to look twice to make sure it was me. She was so excited for me, I had always been real hevy so this is a shock to people. Another lady came and talked to me and asked if I lost on purpose, I said yes she said good I was hoping it wasn't because you were sick. She said she was really proud of me for wanting to lose weight and that it shows in my running with my dog. Another came up and discussed it with me and asked me how I did it... another when I went to talk to her called me skinny and I told her I haven't been called that before, since at least I was 9 years old. Another lady I was standing by looks at me and goes "You have lost a TONNE of weight" really quite loud, so I told her thank you and she couldn't believe it. It was nice to get it all over with as going to see old friends you don't know how they would react. All in All it just reinforced in me that this is all worth it and that I am so proud I haven't cheated yet. And hopefully never will.:D

Hope you all have a great start to your week.Congrats I am so happy for you...
I can't wait to get there. :hug::hug:

I had a great weekend until last night....I had some ice cream (my first cheat). My significant other bought it and it's my weakness. Needless to say, he will not be bringing it home again until I can get my food under control. Here's to staying OP this week!!!!hmmm, did you try going for a IP snack! I think you could have tried that first. I have all sorts of cheats in my house but I decided when I started this that this food will be around everywhere, and that I had to resist it. Otherwise this diet wouldn't work and I would be stuck in a vicious cycle again. Please be careful, it isn't good for you to go into and out of ketosis.. Please read Dr Tran's book on the why it explains it so much better. Please, please be careful...

So anyway..to everyone else..hope you have a good day..and i will see you in the 100% OP threadYou know what? I am really worried about you.... since you have started it seems like you have cheated at least once a week.... I don't think you are committed to this. This is your tough love... you can't be cheating... I don't care what the temptations are, you could have had a salad or steamed veggies, or ate ahead of time. You could have brought a bar to eat for dessert. You are sabotoging yourself... Think about all the times you have already cheated... why? I hate to say this but you don't seem like you are ready for this. You have a lot to lose and you can't be cheating on this diet, it isn't healthy for you. I think you may need to really think about this before you go on. Is this diet for you? Why do you cheat every week? What is your motivation? There has to be something that you can't be handling to cheat so much... Please for your sake look into yourself and figure out if this is the diet for you.:hug:

Ohh Monday Weigh ins. I find myself really committed on weekends because my weigh ins are on Monday. If you cheat it shows. I look forward to weighing in. I love watching the pounds come off!This is so true... I loved my thursday but switching to mondays just reinforces my will to continue..

EDITING - just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.Good luck pxlkitty, isn't if funny all three of us started around the same time, and the same height and have the same goal now... I so looking forward to hitting my 140 goal... that would mean 101 lbs down... that is exciting to me... hopefully I will be getting over my plateau this week and things will start moving faster. Have a great day and a good talk with your doctor.

Hey Hey Everyone!

What great reads this morning! I'm finding summer tough, but I'm sticking to the protocol. Getting my bf to think about what he's putting in his mouth too. Also helps him with his son as well.

It's stinkin' hot here today, +35 without the humidity and +37 tomorrow without the humidity. I have a small garden in which I've planted copious amounts of lettuce so I'm up early to turn on the water as I don't want them to fry in the heat. I'm very thankful that I have air conditioning that's for sure.

I'm feeling much better after being back on a schedule with IP vice being on vacation. There's something to be said for a work schedule to keep you on track that's for sure.

One thing, I've lost 50 lbs and no one person who DOESN'T know that I'm working on my weight has mentioned anything. NO ONE, I know they probably notice but won't say anything (because they feel awkward mentioning it? etc.)......but really people? Doesn't someone who doesn't know NOTICE 50 lbs less on me? lol

Carla I agree with someone else, sometimes people do not want to comment as they may think you are sick. We are all proud of you, hopefully more people will comment but I think sometimes they don't want to know you have been sick. I am very proud of you and 50lbs is a lot and you should be acknowledged. It is a huge goal and you should be proud of yourself... Have a great day.:hug:

Pxlkitty4
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
It's official... I changed my goal weight to 145. I will update my signature again after I WI this afternoon.

wuv2bloved
07-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Happy Monday everyone! it was a dreary weekend here on the Mississippi Gulfcoast. Stayed indoors all weekend AND stayed OP 100%.

I got a call last night from someone who hadn't seen me in a while asking about the program. I spoke highly of it and so does my mom so they wanted more info, I gave it to them. When I sent them the link to this site and they saw my before and now picture they were amazed that I changed that much in 10 weeks, They are going to do the alternative. Made me smile that is for sure.

Today I pick up my cap and gown for graduation on FRIDAY!! I can't wait!

jennydoodle
07-18-2011, 12:52 PM

Do you think that maybe this isn't the right diet for you? You might need something less strict, maybe Weight Watchers? You might lose at a slower pace, but at least you can plan your points around eating the foods you want to. Plus, you can use your 35 weekly bonus points for a weekend cheat and not continue to sabatoge yourself.

I know that deep down you seriously want to lose weight, but I am not sure if you are serious enough to make the committment and do the work it takes to do it. Believe me, I am not judging because I have been there, in that same situation. I think many of us on here have been like that before. But IP is STRICT! It takes serious commitment. And that means eating veggies and salad when everyone around you is eating wings, pizza, fries etc... Or eating a bar when everyone else is eating cake, ice cream, pastries. And you need to be OK with that. If you are not, then IP is not for you.

My feeling is that you should take some time to really think about what you want, what you are willing to do, what you are willing to give up and what you are not. There is also another fairly decent eating program, Eating For Life, that works in (1) cheat day a week. This might be a better solution for you. It also has a lot of recipes to prepare some of your favorite foods healthier, and you get one day to go all out. It is also a program that focuses on protein, but you still eat carbs and fat. It is just a thought.

I don't know anything about the Nashua foods b/c I am on IP packets, so I am not sure if the gluten free pizza was from them or not. However, if it was something you ordered at a restaurant, just because it is gluten free does not mean it is carb free. It was probably VERY high in carbs, even if the toppings were low carb. Unless you only at the toppings and not the dough???

Sorry to ramble, but it really seems like you are struggling with the protocol of IP and I know you are having a rough go of it. Which is why my suggestion is to really think about if this is for you. I truly feel like you would have better success with something like WW where you can plan cheats and continue to work in the foods you want to eat. Plus, this would certainly free up a lot of the negativity that is swirling around inside of you right now. All these feelings of anger, guilt, depression are also not doing anything to help your cause.

I know this is a little "tough love" sounding, but I really am sympathetic to what you are going through. However, I think it really needs to be laid out on the line here. I hate to see you going through all these ups and downs and the beating yourself up. If doing IP doesn't make you happy, you need to find something that will.

jordanna
07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
You know what? I am really worried about you.... since you have started it seems like you have cheated at least once a week.... I don't think you are committed to this. This is your tough love... you can't be cheating... I don't care what the temptations are, you could have had a salad or steamed veggies, or ate ahead of time. You could have brought a bar to eat for dessert. You are sabotoging yourself... Think about all the times you have already cheated... why? I hate to say this but you don't seem like you are ready for this. You have a lot to lose and you can't be cheating on this diet, it isn't healthy for you. I think you may need to really think about this before you go on. Is this diet for you? Why do you cheat every week? What is your motivation? There has to be something that you can't be handling to cheat so much... Please for your sake look into yourself and figure out if this is the diet for you.:hug:

I agree with you completely 2RIDE. I don't think this protocol is for everyone, some people need more freedom and less restrictions in their diet and those that cheat constantly or deviate so far from protocol that they aren't even following it anymore just to fit their needs should really consider whether this is the right program for them or not.

If you stick to IP it will work fast, if you follow the maintenance program it will stay off forever but that doesn't mean it's the right program for everyone. As I've mentioned before if you continue going in and out of ketosis due to cheats then you aren't being healthy or safe in your dieting choices which is A) hard on your body and B) will perpetuate yo-yo dieting.

I don't say this to be *****y or mean, it's out of concern for those who struggle with such a regimented program...sometimes you have to admit that it just doesn't fit with your lifestyle or personality.

Celticgirl
07-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Happy Monday everyone! it was a dreary weekend here on the Mississippi Gulfcoast. Stayed indoors all weekend AND stayed OP 100%.

I got a call last night from someone who hadn't seen me in a while asking about the program. I spoke highly of it and so does my mom so they wanted more info, I gave it to them. When I sent them the link to this site and they saw my before and now picture they were amazed that I changed that much in 10 weeks, They are going to do the alternative. Made me smile that is for sure.

Today I pick up my cap and gown for graduation on FRIDAY!! I can't wait!

Very exciting!

blueandwhite
07-18-2011, 01:07 PM

You two are really amazing! How exciting!!

Well, nothing else to do but shake I off, learn something from it, and start fresh! It sounds like you are really learning to see what's happening inside you and facing it. I believe you can do this! Hope you have a successful day & week"" :hug:

Hey Hey Everyone!

Carla

It really is a wonder, isn't it?! You're not alone in not having people notice, but congrats on your amazing success!!

BTW, gotta love your avatar! :)

jd447
07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
We had a weekend of travel with food thrown in - a family funeral in Idaho on Saturday and a church BBQ and a friend's birthday party in another town on Sunday. I stayed OP through it all. I took salad and fresh veggies to the dinner after the funeral because I knew there wouldn't be anything else there that I could eat! But I did really well with veggies, water and a bar. I also took veggies and chicken to the friend's birthday party so did well there too. I just had water at the church BBQ. Got some strange looks and a few questions because I wasn't eating but it really didn't bother me. I was there for the visiting!!
It just hit me that I am down 77 lbs and only have 26 left to goal. Wow! I didn't think I would ever be this close. I have been getting lots of compliments and while it sometimes is uncomfortable for me to be the center of conversation, I do like the compliments! I have had several people approach me and ask if I have been losing on purpose - I think they are just concerned that maybe I have been sick or something.
I started IP back in Feb at my Dr office but the coach that signed me up quit to go on a mission after about a month and a half. She was a real bubbly girl that I looked forward to seeing every week. Since then, I started getting at least two weeks of IP at a time and have now gone to 4 weeks at a time as the new coach really rubs me the wrong way. If I didn't have this site, I probably would have given up a long time ago. I had a WI on Friday and she actually asked me if any of my clothes were starting to get loose yet!!! I just looked at her thinking I have gone from a size 24 to a size 10 and even a couple of 8s and she hasn't even noticed!! I think she would rate a 0 on the coach scale! :?:
Here's hoping everyone has a great OP week.

kelly1962
07-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I was very sick with a stomach flu last week, on Thursday and Friday. Basically i was vomitting and had the runs. I managed to make it to my weigh in on Friday and was down 5 lbs for the week. I am thinking my flu had a little something to do with the amount of weight loss. I still have no appetite at all the thought of food is making me queasy. I am worried how this will affect the diet. Has anyone experienced this. I am not eating 2 cups of veggies per meal, maybe a cup at most. i am drinkng alot of water and managing to eat my protein packs.

cerebrito
07-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Hello, I'm starting the diet today. After having 2 kids, I gained around 60 pounds and I really want to get rid of them. I look myself in the mirrow and I hate what I see.

niknakjack
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
What uplifting posts. Everyone seems to be doing well. I am on the plan three weeks as of today and am down 19 lbs. I am happy with that, but of course it never happens fast enough. I have so much to lose that I don't really look any better yet and people aren't noticing. I wonder how much I have to lose before I start looking thinner?

Honestly I new I was loosing weight because I had to keep changing clothing sizes, but Could not see a significant change in the mirror till about 20lbs. down, that is also the point where people started asking "have you lost weight", as the lbs. kept melting off people could not stop talking about it, they all wanted to know what I was doing. My husband was the most impressed.

Celticgirl
07-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Hello, I'm starting the diet today. After having 2 kids, I gained around 60 pounds and I really want to get rid of them. I look myself in the mirrow and I hate what I see.

Welcome! You'll find great support and a lot of good information here.

niknakjack
07-18-2011, 01:23 PM
We had a weekend of travel with food thrown in - a family funeral in Idaho on Saturday and a church BBQ and a friend's birthday party in another town on Sunday. I stayed OP through it all. I took salad and fresh veggies to the dinner after the funeral because I knew there wouldn't be anything else there that I could eat! But I did really well with veggies, water and a bar. I also took veggies and chicken to the friend's birthday party so did well there too. I just had water at the church BBQ. Got some strange looks and a few questions because I wasn't eating but it really didn't bother me. I was there for the visiting!!
It just hit me that I am down 77 lbs and only have 26 left to goal. Wow! I didn't think I would ever be this close. I have been getting lots of compliments and while it sometimes is uncomfortable for me to be the center of conversation, I do like the compliments! I have had several people approach me and ask if I have been losing on purpose - I think they are just concerned that maybe I have been sick or something.
I started IP back in Feb at my Dr office but the coach that signed me up quit to go on a mission after about a month and a half. She was a real bubbly girl that I looked forward to seeing every week. Since then, I started getting at least two weeks of IP at a time and have now gone to 4 weeks at a time as the new coach really rubs me the wrong way. If I didn't have this site, I probably would have given up a long time ago. I had a WI on Friday and she actually asked me if any of my clothes were starting to get loose yet!!! I just looked at her thinking I have gone from a size 24 to a size 10 and even a couple of 8s and she hasn't even noticed!! I think she would rate a 0 on the coach scale! :?:

Sounds like your doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work. I think you should try to find another clinic in your area, a good coach is a great support system. This site is a nice forum too for people going through the same things, and I've found some great ideas on here.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Here's hoping everyone has a great OP week.You are doing so great, congratulations. It is tough when you have a coach that doesn't seem to care and do it for the money. Is it possible to get a different coach? You are doing so great keep up the good work.

Hello, I'm starting the diet today. After having 2 kids, I gained around 60 pounds and I really want to get rid of them. I look myself in the mirrow and I hate what I see.Welcome and know we are here for you for the good and the bad... remember this is an easy diet but a strict diet and no cheats... they happen but truly they shouldn't until phase 4

niknakjack
07-18-2011, 01:35 PM

Sorry about the cheat, ice cream is my downfall too. My coaches explained it like this, one CHEET will set you back 3 to 4 days it will refill you glycogen tank that took roughly 4 days to empty so its not that you will gain weight from your cheat it will just stop the weight loss process till you get back into ketosis. Which at $4 a pack will be about a $60 Ice Cream, knowing this kept me on the straight and narrow thats a lot of money for me to waste so it was just not worth it. Good luck to you , you can do it! Remember indulgences are everywhere you look including in you own home if you live with others...just keep yourself prepared and fight off the urges you will have.

niknakjack
07-18-2011, 01:42 PM
So week 3 !! I went out to eat this weekend for the first time, can't say I enjoyed it ... as my boyfriend & his friends downed buffalo wings, cheesburgers, potato skins & french fries I was eating my salad, ughhhh -__- but I didn't cheat ! so im hoping for a loss.

Last week was a BIG dissapointment, only 1 pound ! :( I don't have a scale at home, but my mom does & visited this weekend ... & i'm the same !! hopefully that changes before wednesday, I need to see some progress to keep me going !!!!

Hope everyone has a good day :)
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/flower01/lb////.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Keep it up, indulgences are every where. You did good. Some weeks on the scale are defiantly better that others. Keep following the protocol, don't miss any meals and eat all your veggies it will work. Also don't forget to take your supplements its very important for the protocol. Have a great day! Best of luck to you!

rooster on a diet
07-18-2011, 01:43 PM
can anybody help me i want to have a ip soup for lunch but dont remeber the quantity of water i need to put in. Thanks hope someone answers this quick cuz im hungry lol.

cadenlevi
07-18-2011, 01:45 PM
can anybody help me i want to have a ip soup for lunch but dont remeber the quantity of water i need to put in. Thanks hope someone answers this quick cuz im hungry lol.

My soup box said 230 mL I think (which is about 8 oz).

rooster on a diet
07-18-2011, 01:47 PM

thank you thank you thank you :hug:

MInewgoal
Nevermind!

Wrecky
Awesome! It's nice to have a review before that kind of investment. How long have you been doing it?

Just around a year now. I LOVE Chalene and her programs. Turbo Fire is awesome. The music is great and its so much fun the time flies by. I am certain with how I am eating I will have amazing results. I am starting the 90 day program tonite actually! I hope you give it a go!

cadenlevi
07-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Just around a year now. I LOVE Chalene and her programs. Turbo Fire is awesome. The music is great and its so much fun the time flies by. I am certain with how I am eating I will have amazing results. I am starting the 90 day program tonite actually! I hope you give it a go!

I think I might. I will see if I can find it a little cheaper than the infomercial online somewhere. Thanks for the info!!

Airmom4
07-18-2011, 02:16 PM
New to this sight and very happy I found it. I feel my weight loss is slow! I have been on 5 weeks and lost 15 lbs. Still seem to be so far from my goal. I saw Atkins has an ice cream that you make @ home that is low carb and low sugar, for ice cream lovers.

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 02:36 PM
It's official... I changed my goal weight to 145. I will update my signature again after I WI this afternoon.

That scares me! I'm 5'4" and 145 is my goal also! I hope I'm happy there and don't fefel the need to change like so many others do. What were your deciding factors?

Classy Broad
07-18-2011, 02:45 PM
I am kicking myself in the butt starting today! If I can get myself to average 5 pounds a week I can phase out at the beginning of September, which would be amazing. I am going to start with light exercise this week- I am making the time! Just same basic toning moves, no weights yet. I really NEED to get at least 10 pounds lighter before my photo shoot 8/7/11, and that's 3 weeks to get it done-I hope I make it!!!

Princess Jessica
07-18-2011, 02:49 PM

I have to say I agree with everyone else who has said today that you should look at whether or not this is the diet for you. We really are not trying to be mean, this program is not for everyone. It's really unhealthy putting yourself in and out of ketosis all the time. Most clinics wont even let you stay on the program if you prove you are going to cheat because it is bad for you.
I was just looking back through all your posts, and it seems like you are really unhappy on this diet too. Being depressed, especially if you are an emotional eater, won't help. And I don't even know if you have truly let yourself get into ketosis with how frequently you have cheated so far. Is there something else you could do to lose the weight that would be a healthier, happier way? We all want you to succeed... but right now you are really sabotaging yourself and it is dangerous, not to mention counter-productive with you feeling so crummy.

If you are going to stay on the diet though, especially for a long time, PLEASE really make sure you are ready. You could really be hurting yourself the way you are doing it now. No cheating. Zero. That's what this program is.

Sorry if it seems like we are bullying you... we are not. We just want you to succeed AND be healthy and happy. :hug:

Scofflaw1
07-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Wow, after what seems like 20 YEARS, not 20 days, I fin ally get my ticker!
Yay!.
So I think I'm losing a steady .6 lbs a day...that's a good average I believe :)
This diet, after the first initial 2 weeks, has become extremely easy for my body to withstand. I have never enjoyed a diet like I do this one. And finally for once in my life, I will be known as Annalei instead of Destiny's sister! Wooh!

Princess Jessica
07-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
I am in a great mood today. I have started loving Mondays, just because it is so much easier for me to stay OP during the week. I don't cheat during the weekends, but it is harder for me to remember to get all my water in and eat all my veggies without having a schedule. So happy Monday. :)

I have been thrilled the last few days. For the first 25 pounds, it seemed like my body wasn't really reflecting the loss. I knew I was losing, but it really wasn't showing except for some slightly loser pants. Well, this last week, it has finally kicked in! It seems like my body is changing every single day, and it is a great motivation. :) I have also been visited by the whoosh fairy TWICE already since Thursday's WI, so I am thrilled to tears about how nice my WI will be next week. It is kinda like week 1 all over again. :)

Have a great OP Monday everyone!!!

NonieRuns
07-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Wow, had a great weekend of fun, friends, and celebrating! Resisted getting on the scale, as I met my goal of 132 on Saturday morning. Didn't want to ruin my actual birthday by not weighing that! Isn't it funny the games we play? I will be accountable and step on the scale this am. After the weekend of "cheats", I am sure my scale will reflect!

That is OK, as I planned this. The difference is that I can control it, and will loose what was gained in a short periord of time. That is why this is such an awesome program. If you just keep yourself in check, take off what you put on, go back to Phase 1 until you are done, you can control the gains and feel good.

Three months ago, I wouldn't have gotten back on the scale, I had thrown mine away, saying I wouldn't be a slave to it! Now, I have a new scale and I use it daily! For me, that is my accountablility. So I will weigh today, take the news, good or bad, and eat on program.

I do find it interesting that eating off program makes me feel "blah" the next day. I feel so much cleaner and lighter when I make the right choices.

Oh well, have a great OP day everyone.

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hb: When I read your "weekend of fun, friends, and celebrating" I thought, were you and I at the same place?! :D I also had a GREAT weekend of girlfriends/shopping/theater/(some) food/and runnning (5K race)--no birthday though! However, it was BETTER than a birthday---can we say, DOUBLE ZERO??? Yes, that is the size pants that I reluctantly tried on, that fit perfectly, and that I bought two pair! Size 00! WHOO HOOO!! Also to top the weekend off (could it get any better?) I won my age group in the 5K race! :cheer3:

Congrats to you and to everyone on their successes. And to anyone struggling, HANG IN THERE! :goodluck: It is soooo worth it! DOUBLE ZERO, yeah, baby:yay:!

Pxlkitty4
07-18-2011, 03:28 PM
That scares me! I'm 5'4" and 145 is my goal also! I hope I'm happy there and don't fefel the need to change like so many others do. What were your deciding factors?

155 was always arbitrary for me. Now that I am very close that (weighted 154.5 this morning), I think another 10 lbs or so will make some of my thighs, lower stomach, and love handles disappear.... I might change my mind later.

Wrecky
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
I am in a great mood today. I have started loving Mondays, just because it is so much easier for me to stay OP during the week. I don't cheat during the weekends, but it is harder for me to remember to get all my water in and eat all my veggies without having a schedule. So happy Monday. :)

I have been thrilled the last few days. For the first 25 pounds, it seemed like my body wasn't really reflecting the loss. I knew I was losing, but it really wasn't showing except for some slightly loser pants. Well, this last week, it has finally kicked in! It seems like my body is changing every single day, and it is a great motivation. :) I have also been visited by the whoosh fairy TWICE already since Thursday's WI, so I am thrilled to tears about how nice my WI will be next week. It is kinda like week 1 all over again. :)

Have a great OP Monday everyone!!!

What is the woosh fairy?

Celticgirl
07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
WTH: I am feeling deflated, not discouraged but deflated. Went for my weigh in. Down 2.4#...okay was expecting that. Lost smidge over 2" (expected more than that according to my clothes fit). What got me was my fat % went up and I lost muscle mass. And my hydration level is worse.

I have been OP for 9 days. My coach is going to speak to the dr. because she's never seen numbers skew like mine did.

Does that black cloud over my head always have to hover. Can't I have something??

jennydoodle
07-18-2011, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Princess Jessica;3942968]Good afternoon everyone!
I am in a great mood today. I have started loving Mondays, just because it is so much easier for me to stay OP during the week. I don't cheat during the weekends, but it is harder for me to remember to get all my water in and eat all my veggies without having a schedule. So happy Monday. :)QUOTE]

I am in the same situation. The weekends are a lot tougher for me because I am around the house most of the day. At work, I only have what I pack. Also, being on a schedule during the week is very beneficial. On the weekends, I tend to sleep in on Sunday, so that throws the day off a little bit and on Saturday I get up and work out, when during the week I work out after work. So Saturday is different too. Although I have been 100% OP on the weekends, it is good to have a routine :)

Ishbel
07-18-2011, 04:10 PM
What is the woosh fairy?

When you're not really 'loosing' as much as you think you should then BAM you loose a lot. You've been visited by the woosh fairy. :D

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Send the woosh fairy my way!

Princess Jessica
07-18-2011, 04:12 PM
What is the woosh fairy?

Haha! Sorry I was so excited I didn't even think of how silly that would sound to someone else. :D
I saw someone else call it the "whoosh fairy" on here when the scale went down really quickly for no apparent reason, more than usual. So I started calling it that. I feel like a dork now :lol:

niknakjack
07-18-2011, 04:14 PM
New to this sight and very happy I found it. I feel my weight loss is slow! I have been on 5 weeks and lost 15 lbs. Still seem to be so far from my goal. I saw Atkins has an ice cream that you make @ home that is low carb and low sugar, for ice cream lovers.

Are you on the Ip program? We can not have ice cream, no dairy, or sugar. Sounds like it could be good though in the future.

jordanna
07-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Haha! Sorry I was so excited I didn't even think of how silly that would sound to someone else. :D
I saw someone else call it the "whoosh fairy" on here when the scale went down really quickly for no apparent reason, more than usual. So I started calling it that. I feel like a dork now :lol:

Has been waiting since I came back on program for the whoosh fairy but apparently she doesn't visit my house because I haven't had a big loss since my first week :(

murleya1
07-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Woosh Fairy would be fantastic. I like that. I have had steady losses and I am happy with that, but a week of losing 5 pounds would be fantastic. I am so pumped by this diet. I have not been this weight since probably 2005 maybe even longer than that. The times I find this diet difficult are when my BF that does not understand all the items have have sugar and carbs. Like yesterday he said lets go get ribs. And I said I can't have ribs because the BBQ sauce has sugar. He was like does it really? Well you can get coleslaw, and I am like no I can't it has sugar. We finally decided on this chinese restarant that has a mongolian grill where you mix up your own veggies and meat. He is fully supportive of me, but very nieve on the diet do's and dont's. It will all sink in eventually.

rainbowmom
07-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi there. I posted my very post last night and had some questions answered, but I came up with more.

My IP consultation is on Thursday. I've been just watching my carbs and calorie intake for the past two weeks and have lost about 7-8 lbs without too much effort. I have a good 60-70 to go.

This is a fairly pricey program. I certainly have the discipline and a good scale at home. Has anyone had success going it alone using alternative products?

One of the pros, I see, to spending the money and doing the actual IP program is the accountability -- a weekly weigh in and someone else's eyes on your weight and progress keeps a person pretty honest, right?

Also, I have an almost 3-year-old son. How do I explain to him why I'm eating something different than everyone else? I don't discuss weight or diet in front of him, so I'm just trying to think this through.

Then there's my long-term thinking about maintenance. I think I'm drawn to this program because it has quick results, but I'm concerned that once goal is met, if I add carbs back in, I'll balloon significantly. Any experiences out there?

I'm trying not to be skeptical and hoping this isn't too good to be true.

Thanks!

scorpio50
07-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone -

Today is Day 1 for me. I am hoping to be "safe" on this thread. I know there is such great, positive support in this group. But I seem to be finding the threads where everyone is talking about cheating :?:

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone -

Today is Day 1 for me. I am hoping to be "safe" on this thread. I know there is such great, positive support in this group. But I seem to be finding the threads where everyone is talking about cheating :?:

You will find more on here who don't cheat vs those who do. This is a no cheat diet so keep that in mind even if you see those posts about people who do. You will back pedal about 4 days or more for one little cheat. I complete 1 month on the program on Thursday and I haven't cheated 1 tiny little bit.

jennydoodle
07-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I think most people here don't cheat, but you are finding the threads about it b/c the people who cheat post for the support and want to get back on track and are feeling bad about their cheat.

If you are determined, and stick the program, it will work for you. This is a NO CHEAT diet, and if you follow the guidelines set forth for you, you will lose weight like you never have before.

scorpio50
07-18-2011, 05:41 PM
You will find more on here who don't cheat vs those who do. This is a no cheat diet so keep that in mind even if you see those posts about people who do. You will back pedal about 4 days or more for one little cheat. I complete 1 month on the program on Thursday and I haven't cheated 1 tiny little bit.

I think most people here don't cheat, but you are finding the threads about it b/c the people who cheat post for the support and want to get back on track and are feeling bad about their cheat.

If you are determined, and stick the program, it will work for you. This is a NO CHEAT diet, and if you follow the guidelines set forth for you, you will lose weight like you never have before.

Thank you both very much. That is why I choose this program. I know there are many here - most actually - who are cheat-free and that is SO helpful as a new person! You both have done a fantastic job - thanks so much :hug:

cajunladybug22
07-18-2011, 05:51 PM

I can't believe how awesome IP has been for me!!!QUOTE]

Awesome!!!

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;3942326]I still have juggly bits, though, and saw pictures of myself from yesterday. While I still look amazing compared to how I used to look, I still (objectively) have more fat to lose.

Really....when I look in the mirror I focus on the jiggly overextended stomach skin from my years of abuse, and the fat arms that I still have. If those things would just disappear, maybe I could look at the rest of me objectively, but I can't. They are what draws my eyes..and I can't see past them.

Same here! Everyone keeps commenting on the loss and everything, but I keep seeing where I could lose if I keep going.

Hi there. I posted my very post last night and had some questions answered, but I came up with more.

One of the pros, I see, to spending the money and doing the actual IP program is the accountability -- a weekly weigh in and someone else's eyes on your weight and progress keeps a person pretty honest, right?

Then there's my long-term thinking about maintenance. I think I'm drawn to this program because it has quick results, but I'm concerned that once goal is met, if I add carbs back in, I'll balloon significantly. Any experiences out there?

Welcome! Wishing you much success on your IP journey!

I personally needed a diet that was "no cheat" strict, and needed the accountability of the coach and the weekly weigh-ins. Plus, your coach is there to guide you, as opposed to just trying to go through it on your own. This is super helpful, especially when first getting into the program.

As for the long term thinking, I understand and had some of the same concerns at first. But the great thing about this program is that Phase 3 re-acclimates your body to carbs slowly and re-trains your cells to use only the insulin that they actually need. Phase 3, in my mind is pivotal and is what sets this diet apart from all the others out there. It sets you up to be successful in phase 4, instead of just dumping you from weight loss into maintenance. Plus, they give you a meal plan/reasoning to maintenance as well, so you're not just left on your own.

Good luck! :)

wuv2bloved
07-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone -

I will have been on the program for 11 weeks as of wednesday and have NOT cheated ONCE. This is a very good program IF you stick to it. You will see results!

drgradydeal
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Please post the ingredients in the Ideal Protein Diet to help me decide if I want to buy the products or not. What don't you like about the diet? Thanks.

pselias
07-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Today, my belt is sticking out more than my stomach!

wuv2bloved
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Today, my belt is sticking out more than my stomach!

Great feeling isn't it?:D:D:D:D

Thefireresides
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM

This ice cream is also high in fat and Calories
Plus it has a ton of dairy in it... which is not allowed on IP

Princess Jessica
07-18-2011, 06:34 PM
So I was late to work today because of the diet... and I couldn't be happier. I was getting in my uniform (I do security), and I buckled my belt and realized it was in the last hole. Comfortably. With a little extra room even. Then I looked in the mirror (which I usually don't do in my uniform), and realized that I looked ridiculous, because the uniform is clearly too big for me now.
I literally started crying I was so happy. :) It took me 5 minutes to calm down, and another 5 to mop myself up for work.

So I just got to work, 10 minutes late with a red nose, looking horrible in my too-big uniform. With a big grin on my face.

Today makes all those horrible days of hating this diet worth it. :) Today is great.

I love this diet. I can't wait for my broccoli and pudding dinner... I will savor every bit of it.

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 06:38 PM
So I was late to work today because of the diet... and I couldn't be happier. I was getting in my uniform (I do security), and I buckled my belt and realized it was in the last hole. Comfortably. With a little extra room even. Then I looked in the mirror (which I usually don't do in my uniform), and realized that I looked ridiculous, because the uniform is clearly too big for me now.
I literally started crying I was so happy. :) It took me 5 minutes to calm down, and another 5 to mop myself up for work.

So I just got to work, 10 minutes late with a red nose, looking horrible in my too-big uniform. With a big grin on my face.

Today makes all those horrible days of hating this diet worth it. :) Today is great.

I love this diet. I can't wait for my broccoli and pudding dinner... I will savor every bit of it.

Love NSVs! Way to go! Glad you are having such an awesome day!

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Just jumped on the wii just to see where I'm at on there and it says I've lost 9.7 pounds since the 27th of June. I haven't checked it with my weigh ins but I checked it with my bathroom scale and it was right on. (I never weigh in the afternoon!) I loved to see the mii getting smaller and the BMI going down for once! Love IP!

I'm having a hard time with the lettuce. Today I've had none. I've gotten in all my veggies and everything else but I just don't feel the lettuce sometimes. lol I had it at lunch yesterday but not dinner. Anyone else not eating lettuce at every meal?

Oh, and I'm biting the bullet and walking 30 minutes on my treadmill as soon as I'm done with what I'm doing. I hope it doesn't affect my weight at all. I have about another 1.6 to get rid of by Thursday at least!

wuv2bloved
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Just jumped on the wii just to see where I'm at on there and it says I've lost 9.7 pounds since the 27th of June. I haven't checked it with my weigh ins but I checked it with my bathroom scale and it was right on. (I never weigh in the afternoon!) I loved to see the mii getting smaller and the BMI going down for once! Love IP!

I'm having a hard time with the lettuce. Today I've had none. I've gotten in all my veggies and everything else but I just don't feel the lettuce sometimes. lol I had it at lunch yesterday but not dinner. Anyone else not eating lettuce at every meal?

Oh, and I'm biting the bullet and walking 30 minutes on my treadmill as soon as I'm done with what I'm doing. I hope it doesn't affect my weight at all. I have about another 1.6 to get rid of by Thursday at least!

I do not eat my lettuce all of the time. I didn't have any at lunch today and probably won't for dinner either. I am already full and don't need it to fill me up.

New2IP
07-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Welcome!! This is a great site. Everyone here gives great advice and lots of encouragement. You will love it!!:)

CuteNcurls
07-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Yay for everyone who stayed OP this weekend. I had a struggle with it...ended up getting food poisoning from a poorly cooked chicked stirfry. So...I didn't cheat but I also didn't get in all the veggies and packets I was supposed to. That being said...I'm down 12.2 pounds since starting IP. I know a small portion of it can be contributed to being ill...but the rest of it is all ME. I am doing this and I am being strict with myself and I am losing weight and making progress. Two weeks in tomorrow and I'm finally feeling excited about staying OP.

jd447
07-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Also, I have an almost 3-year-old son. How do I explain to him why I'm eating something different than everyone else? I don't discuss weight or diet in front of him, so I'm just trying to think this through.

Thanks!

Hi-I have 4 kids ages 9, 9, 9 & 10! We live in a very small community and I really didn't want them to go telling everyone that I was on a diet. :) I just told them that I needed to eat the stuff from the packets because it was healthy for me right now. It worked for awhile, then other adults at school or babysitters started pumping them for information on how I was losing weight and what kind of diet I was on! I have tried to make it be more about being healthy than about weight lose or a "diet".
Good Luck! :hug:

kdspirited
07-18-2011, 07:18 PM
So this has been a tough week for me already. I have been travelling so unable to get all my vitamins in also I skipped dinner last night because it was too late and only had the restricted snack. But I also had a job interview today and i fit into a suit I havent work in a year. So proud.

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Decided to just go with a mile so I don't push my luck. Holy catfish it's hot! (I was inside on my treadmill and I'm still dripping.) Crossing my fingers my weigh in is better for it. You can believe your booty I'll be weighing tomorrow so I can monitor what happens with the activity.

Wrecky
07-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Hehe. I love woosh fairy. I hope she visits me this week! WOOOOOSH!

Oh. My. Word. Big Mac in a Bowl. My undying gratitude to whomever invented this amazingly satisfying meal. YUM!

scorpio50
07-18-2011, 08:48 PM

What a great reason to be late for work!!! :carrot: You are doing a terrific job and you are very supportive of everyone :hug:

murleya1
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Yippie. Down another 3.2 pounds. Truely an amazing diet. I am out of the 220's into the 2-teens. If you had asked me 8 weeks ago, do you think you will ever drop 25 pounds, I'd have said no. Now I am 1/4 to my goal!

disgal
07-18-2011, 09:05 PM

LOVE IT!!!! Great story!!! Thanks for sharing!! I love this diet too!!! What a Blessing it has been!!Oh. My. Word. Big Mac in a Bowl. My undying gratitude to whomever invented this amazingly satisfying meal. YUM!

LOL!!! Isn't it just to die for??? The first time I had it I could not believe how much it tasted like the "real thing"!!! Hubby and I have it for dinner once or twice a week!!! :carrot:

Wrecky
07-18-2011, 09:20 PM
It so is! I am telling everyone I know about this recipe! I was excited all day to get home and make it! My best friend and I finished our workout, looked at each other with a grin and said "time for big macs" LOL.

Krista7382
07-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Weigh in 1 today, down 5 lbs! My dad is also doing Ideal with me and he lost 13.

I have been on the diet for a week and started getting hungry Friday. Did anyone have the their first few weeks?

coliep
07-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Wish I would've thought ahead like a few of you. I told my kids (3,2,1) that I wouldn't share my diet food. Now EVERYTHING is a diet food. I started changing my language and said by diet I just meant extra healthy and started calling them protein meals that have special healthy things for adults that aren't healthy for kids. I regret mentioning "diet". I also know that my oldest has heard me talk of calories because not too long ago he told me he didn't want something because it had calories. Clearly I am makign my issues too known. Great job thinking ahead on your end!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-18-2011, 10:08 PM

My IP consultation is on Thursday. I've been just watching my carbs and calorie intake for the past two weeks and have lost about 7-8 lbs without too much effort. I have a good 60-70 to go.

This is a fairly pricey program. I certainly have the discipline and a good scale at home. Has anyone had success going it alone using alternative products?

Thanks!yes people have done it without a coach and on alternative products, yes you are more accountable, but it also when you get to pick what you are going to eat for the week... and yes it is expensive but so is being unhealthy. I think honesty is the best policy, if your child doesn't ask don't tell, if he asks explain to him that you are eating this way for a while to become more healthy. If you don't realize that this diet changes the way you eat and the way you look at food, that is what it does, that is why you are in maintenance for life as it changes what you think about food... you eat food to live and not live to eat food... Welcome and good luck.

Please post the ingredients in the Ideal Protein Diet to help me decide if I want to buy the products or not. What don't you like about the diet? Thanks.Please read the stickys there are all sorts of information there. You have to decide on your own, maybe go to the Ideal Protein website and read Dr Tran's book it will give you the science behind this diet.

I love this diet. I can't wait for my broccoli and pudding dinner... I will savor every bit of it.That is so great Princess Keep up the good work and good reason to being late if I ever heard one.

Weigh in 1 today, down 5 lbs! My dad is also doing Ideal with me and he lost 13.

I have been on the diet for a week and started getting hungry Friday. Did anyone have the their first few weeks? Some times you get hungry at different times throughout the diet. Try having water and waiting 15 minutes or have a nice herbal tea... it always helps me.

Good evening everyone. Had a nice day off, walked the dogs through the hoards of mosquitoes... My 22 WI today, I finally started losing again after my plateau. 6 lbs to my 3/4 weight loss goal, very excited so I won't make it for my birthday next week but maybe the week after... If you all want to know if this diet works look at my timeline... July 10 is the start of my 6 month on the diet and I have lost 69lbs. So amazing... am now able to truthfully get my drivers license renewed with the weight listed.

and have been told I look years younger too.:woohoo::woohoo:

coliep
07-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Ok, so I am having an inner battle with respect to IP. I read the tales, I see the results on others, so I know it works. However, I am wondering if it can still work with some modification...Can I increase the calories to 1200 (what the typical minimum calorie intake for a woman is supposed to be) with additional protein and an added healthy fat (i.e. natural peanut butter). Not just because I have read so much about the min. calorie level but also because I really want to work out more? So basically I want to add some more food and workout more, but keep the ketogenic effect of hte diet. I realize that a higher calorie count will cause slower weight loss but I think I might feel better overall . . . The super low calorie and not working out is just so counterintuitive to me ...

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Luv a Greyhound
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I feel the same way! I haven't lost as much as you ....18 lbs....but I still think someone should be noticing other than my husband!!!! It is frustrating.

:devil:
Hey Hey Everyone!

Carla

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Ok, so I am having an inner battle with respect to IP. I read the tales, I see the results on others, so I know it works. However, I am wondering if it can still work with some modification...Can I increase the calories to 1200 (what the typical minimum calorie intake for a woman is supposed to be) with additional protein and an added healthy fat (i.e. natural peanut butter). Not just because I have read so much about the min. calorie level but also because I really want to work out more? So basically I want to add some more food and workout more, but keep the ketogenic effect of hte diet. I realize that a higher calorie count will cause slower weight loss but I think I might feel better overall . . . The super low calorie and not working out is just so counterintuitive to me ...

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Have you spoken to your coach about this? do you know there is an athletic version of the diet as well. Have you read Dr. Tran's book? and if you are willing to have slower weight losses I really think it is something you should discuss with your coach. Sorry can't be more help then that.

coliep
07-18-2011, 10:22 PM
There is????? An Athletic Version??? That is music to my ears!!!! I will have to ask. I haven't talked with my "coach", I have only met with her once and haven't had my second weigh in but I am quite intrigued. Thanks SO much for the tip!!! (And, no, haven't read the book . . . should but haven't).

ETA: So I just found the athletic protocol on here. It is much closer to my actual eating and I am so happy to know that it is ok! Since I am not super hard core working out, I think that my approach (minus my 2 affairs with a TBSP of peanut butter) is pretty good for what I am doing. Now that I know I can have some additional pure protein sources at each meal I think I can make this feel a little better for me! Wahooo!

whirlybird68
07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I am curious if my tracker is showing up yet.

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I love me a big mac in a bowl also! Yummy.

I've had a spliting headache since about 5 minutes after I did the mile on the treadmill. Do you think it's coincidence or do the 2 go together? It's bad!

whirlybird68
07-18-2011, 10:30 PM
The instructions to add the ticker says to edit signature. I cannot find edit signature, any ideas?

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 10:31 PM
The instructions to add the ticker says to edit signature. I cannot find edit signature, any ideas?

Did you go to user cp at the top of the page?

whirlybird68
07-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Ok, all 3fcer's. I lost 10 pounds today on my first weigh in. I am very excited. It has been worth all the headaches, nausea, and dizziness. Thank God! I got many new choices on the ip packs today. I am excited about the pre-made chocolate drinks.

coliep
07-18-2011, 10:33 PM
For the one mile I woudl guess coincidence, but I suggest adding water and the salt to see if it helps!

whirlybird68
07-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes, i went to user cp. I know i have enough posts, but not sure how many days i have been on 3fc. How can i tell?

whirlybird68
07-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Is edit signature under another option? I can see edit profile, edit picture, etc...

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
It says under your profile you joined July 4th.

coliep
07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, i went to user cp. I know i have enough posts, but not sure how many days i have been on 3fc. How can i tell?

I don't know how you can tell exactly, but it shows us you've been a member since July 2011 and today is only the 18th so even if you joined on the first, 20 days hasn't passed yet . . .

ItsAboutTime
07-18-2011, 10:39 PM
I just clicked on your pic and it took me to the page that said when you joined. Try that.

murleya1
07-18-2011, 10:41 PM

You probably have not been a member for 20 days. It will show up on Day 20. And fantastic weight loss on week 1. That is amazing.

niknakjack
07-18-2011, 10:56 PM

Thanks!

This diet works, it is pricy but the way I look at it is no matter what way I diet its gonna cost money..ie.food, supplements, gym membership, lyposuction. It will all cost money so why not do what is scientifically proven to work.
The protein in this diet is the best out there thats why it costs more money than other bars, puddings etc. (You get what you pay for )right. You also get one on one counseling which is a great tool. They have a HUGE variety of foods to choose from. You can go to the Ideal Protein website and look at all the variety of foods and read the nutritional guides for each.
I believe in my opinion you can loose weight if you go it alone, but no on an average of what this protocol will help you loose. This diet will teach you how to keep the weight off. Teach you better eating habits so you don't fall back into your old ways. That's why its called your last diet, they don't leave you hanging after you've lost the weight.
This diet also gives you the proper supplements that your not getting from the foods that your not eating. So going alone could be dangerous if your depleting your body of nutrients and not replenishing it with the proper supplements.
I could go on about why this diet works, but ultimately you'll have to make your own decision so I hope some of this has helped you.

Best of luck to you!

coliep
07-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Supplement question - beyond the multivitamin, potassium, and calmag, what are you taking? I have NIGHTLY stomach aches on this diet (gas & constipation) that is leading me to take Milk of Magnesia every day or every other. Curious if i should invest in the enzymes? Also, I crave fats (avocado, peanut butter) and have some brain fog . . . curious if I should try the omega and, if any of you have tried the omega, have you had stomach aches from it? (I did with a few other brands before . . . ).

Sherwood
07-18-2011, 11:06 PM

Congrats on a great OP weekend - and to quote Billy Crystal "You look MAHvelous darling" :D

whirlybird68
07-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the help and encouragement. I will keep on keeping on.....130 here i come. I guess i will get my ticker on July 22nd!

Determinedat47
07-18-2011, 11:39 PM

It states right on the back of each package how much water to add in little letters at the bottom

WannabeIP
07-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Ok so I just spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out which thread to post tooo.... i am a repeat offender... I was at goal last Aug, I kept the weight off until about 3 months ago and life... stress... bad habits all came back as did 35 pounds.... so I gained back half of my weight...I said it.... i wish I could kick my own butt. I dont want to discourage anyone it wasnt the programs fault definately a user error.... been back on phase 1 for 4 days feeling good about not letting myself gain all the weight back..... so of the names are familiar most are not ..... so hi everyone... I am a carbaholic....

capricious
07-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Ohh Monday Weigh ins. I find myself really committed on weekends because my weigh ins are on Monday. If you cheat it shows. I look forward to weighing in. I love watching the pounds come off!
Totally agree! Monday weigh in keeps me completely honest on the weekend and starts the week off the right way!

just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.
Congrats Pxlkitty you are so close to goal!!
We are also the same height..I just didn't put the .5 in, cuz I was lazy when I set it up.

But I do know where you are coming from. I have been waffling about the 140 myself. I never would have dreamed I'd get into an 8 and think...I'm not small enough yet, but here I am. Will a size 6 make me happy? I doubt it, but why do I feel the need to be in a 4? Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable on this diet..and don't want to go back to the way it was????

I feel your pain in Every WAY;) I'm in a size 6 but all I can see is that my upper thighs are still hanging out together. That my soft, well used baby belly is amenable to me doing up my pants but sure doesn't want to lose it's lumpy ways... REALLY?? I thought for sure everything would tighten up as I lost the weight but I somehow feel like a scaled down version of the 'old' me. Definitely see some exercising in phase 4 future! Amazing what a little muscle can do to help out. And I do find that some of the glimpses I catch of myself- I'm not big. And I have to be thankful for the size I'm in- cause I can't remember buying it... ever... before now... Thank you IP... I can do the toning, thank you oh thank you for giving me the size. I acheived something I didn't think I ever could before. But I set my mind to it with this program and it has taken me there- along with the guidance and support of all the people on this site! So we may not look exactly as we had planned on looking at said weight/ size but we will!! Oh we will!! Just wait til we can eat carbs again and fire up the muscle building! After this experience I truly believe that we can do anything we set our minds to!

can we say, DOUBLE ZERO??? Yes, that is the size pants that I reluctantly tried on, that fit perfectly, and that I bought two pair! Size 00! WHOO HOOO!! Also to top the weekend off (could it get any better?) I won my age group in the 5K race! :cheer3:

Congrats to you and to everyone on their successes. And to anyone struggling, HANG IN THERE! :goodluck: It is soooo worth it! DOUBLE ZERO, yeah, baby:yay:!
Congratulations all around- you are a total inspiration!!

Good evening everyone. Had a nice day off, walked the dogs through the hoards of mosquitoes... My 22 WI today, I finally started losing again after my plateau. 6 lbs to my 3/4 weight loss goal, very excited so I won't make it for my birthday next week but maybe the week after... If you all want to know if this diet works look at my timeline... July 10 is the start of my 6 month on the diet and I have lost 69lbs. So amazing... am now able to truthfully get my drivers license renewed with the weight listed.

and have been told I look years younger too.:woohoo::woohoo:
2Ride you have been my constant since beginning this program. I have always appreciated your straight talk, your loyalty to the program and your fortitude. You are always full of positive advice & wisdom. Many congrats on your huge losses and I'm sure that goal will be here before you know it!

Ok so I just spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out which thread to post tooo.... i am a repeat offender... I was at goal last Aug, I kept the weight off until about 3 months ago and life... stress... bad habits all came back as did 35 pounds.... so I gained back half of my weight...I said it.... i wish I could kick my own butt. I dont want to discourage anyone it wasnt the programs fault definately a user error.... been back on phase 1 for 4 days feeling good about not letting myself gain all the weight back..... so of the names are familiar most are not ..... so hi everyone... I am a carbaholic....
Welcome back! You're in good carbaholic company here. It's been almost 90 days since my last carb ;) I still miss them every once in a while but boy oh boy do I ever not miss feeling overweight. ALL the time. I think as one of the ladies on here mentioned previously that I am going to to have to develop a very good daily relationship with my scale. And suck it up if I have been 'bad' the night/ day before and get on with the 'program' when I get into the maintenance phase.

Well today was a WI in day for me and it was a great one. I actually threw a fist in the air and misted up in the eye area ahem. I then wanted to dance around the scale but instead just started dancing in my head. Cause I got in the 140's!!! Yay!!! Woot woot!!! Yayy!!!! I so very very badly wanted this moment. So close to goal! Finally it all seems real to me...

leganegan
07-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Supplement question - beyond the multivitamin, potassium, and calmag, what are you taking? I have NIGHTLY stomach aches on this diet (gas & constipation) that is leading me to take Milk of Magnesia every day or every other. Curious if i should invest in the enzymes? Also, I crave fats (avocado, peanut butter) and have some brain fog . . . curious if I should try the omega and, if any of you have tried the omega, have you had stomach aches from it? (I did with a few other brands before . . . ).

you should take an Omega pill for fats... i take 3 Omega III pills a day. No cravings, but it has only been 3 days for me...

niknakjack
07-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Have you ever tried a probiotic, I have taken one every day for 2 years now. The nutritionist where I work recommend them for everyone, might help with the stomach issues. One of the ones on there list is called Culturelle, you can get it at the supermarket, target, Walmart and drug stores.

I also take an Omega 3 fish oil every day.

jordanna
07-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Hiya WannabeIP nice to see another familiar face :)