Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #10

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #10

JayTee
07-17-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 66 lbs./29%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your "BUTT-er" (that's a salute to Private MadamGooey).

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," THIS IS YOUR LIFE YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR!

--DON'T join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--DON'T join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--DON'T join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--DON'T join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed! There are many other threads on 3FC that offer loads of "soft" support and make you feel it's ok to slack on your weight loss efforts. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE THREADS!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge

SPREADSHEET LINK: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Play Fitocracy against others in the platoon at: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

JayTee
07-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2 /// (-1.8)
Celrae = 1 /// +.3
K3 = 1 /// (-1.2)
Courtney = 3 /// +5
Anon = 2 /// (-1.6)
Envelope = 2 /// (-2.6)
RMC = 2 /// (-2.2)
Josey = 2
Diyana = 2 /// (-2)
Budget = 5 /// (-10.2)
Flo = 2
Chick = 1 /// (-5.7)
BNH = 2 /// (-5.5)
Pokey = 3.2 /// (-2.8)
Dreamer = 1 /// (-4.4)
MadamB = 1 /// (-.6)
Chesh = 1.5 /// -0-
JoyfulV = 2 /// (-.5)
Jeanettey = 1 /// (-1)
Munchey = 2 /// (-2)
Rated = 1 (-1)
Kuri = 2 /// +2.2
Spice = 2
Sarati = 1.5 /// -0-
Me1st = 1 /// (-2)
Reso = 2 /// -0-
Tubak = 1.5 /// (-2.8)

Newbie:
Irish = 1 /// (-2.2)
Mya = 2 /// (-2)
Iiane = 1 /// (-2.4)
Sakurai = 3 ///
urthworm = 1.4 /// (-2.6)

Maintainers
Sarge /// (-.6)
Yoyo
Rainbow

Sick Bay:
Peanutt = (-5.6)

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 58.1 -9 from AWOL troops = 49.1 ///// TOTAL NET LOSS = 52.2 SO FAR

PLEDGES 7/17-7/23

Budget = 2
Me1st = .5
Iiane = 1
Anon = .5
Irish = 1
Rmc = 1.5
Envelope = 1.5
Pokey = 2
Diyana = 2
K3 = 1
Peanutt = 1.5
Dcap = 2
Munchey = 2
Celrae = .5
MadamB = 1
Bnh = 2
Jeanettey = 2
Dreamer = 2
Mya = 2.5
Rated = 1
Chick = 1
Chesh = 1.5
Kuri = 2
Urth = 1.4
Reso = 2
Joyful = 1
Tubak = 2
Sarati = .5
Rainbow = 1

Newbies:
LoveHopeFaith = 3
KittyKat = 3
Ksquared = 4
Spanky = 1
betharooni = new
katieturbo = new

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Pokey ( 825 min.), Celrae (570 min), Jeanettey (820 min), RMC (560 min), Urth ( min), Anon ( min)

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Jeanettey (-6), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-7.6)

Madam B (7.6) vs. Bnh (2) vs. Chesh (9.5) vs. Peanutt (3): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (x2) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Kuri (7) vs. Dreamer (7) vs. Budget Baby ( 7 ) vs. Jeanettey (7) = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

KittyKat vs. Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Urth = First to lose 15 lbs.

Platoon's Fitocracy.com leader board: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

COMPLETED (4,034.54) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/l/blwebwalkingadt.htm

(weekly miles / total accumulated miles)

Sarge (61.96 /491.59), X
Pokey (55 /272.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (21.33 / 184.89),
K3 (12 / 98),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (3.2 / 48.1),
Reso (103.5 /720.3), X
Cheshire (40 / 219),
MadamB (63.08 / 520.94),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (-- / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (24 / 121),
Tmil (6)
Envelope (18.78 / 149.23) X
Courtney (4.55 / 53.76) X
Sarati (24.84 / 106.34)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 8 / 20 )
Rmc = (55 / 259)
Me1st = (8.71 / 31.54)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (13.87 / 30.55)
Munchey = (15 / 45)
Kuri = (10 / 38.85)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)
Flo = (11 / 11)
Joyful = (21 / 46.5)
Iiane = (13.2 / 13.2)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope-- 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

peanutt
07-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey Sarge...may as well declare K3 the victor in our 30 Day Shred side challenge. It will be quite some time before I'll be able to get back to that type of workout!

Resolute
07-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Lost 0/2
Miles 103.5
Pledge 2

rainbowsmiles
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
BRiNG ON MONDAY!!! iTS A NEW WEEK...!!

Resolute
07-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Time to break in the new thread, :) So the lake was awesome, such a perfect day, tons of boaters out playing, did some tubing and some swimming, drank a little to much, but held back a bit on the grub to make up for it.

Walked 6.2 miles this morning then did a 10 mile hard ride on the bike when i got home, so 16.2 miles today to start the week off right.

Weight is being stubborn again, i think i am going to hard and eating to much, so will cut back a bit on both this week, will also try to get a little more sleep.

Was a really nice day, hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday. :)

lovehopefaith
07-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Time to break in the new thread, :) So the lake was awesome, such a perfect day, tons of boaters out playing, did some tubing and some swimming, drank a little to much, but held back a bit on the grub to make up for it.

Walked 6.2 miles this morning then did a 10 mile hard ride on the bike when i got home, so 16.2 miles today to start the week off right.

Weight is being stubborn again, i think i am going to hard and eating to much, so will cut back a bit on both this week, will also try to get a little more sleep.

Was a really nice day, hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday. :)

Flip! That is a good start to the week! :)

My sunday was awesome, it is monday afternoon here though :P

dcapulet
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi all - getting an early start on monday...

looking forward to a new week and hopefully a good one. I'll be travelling and trying to avoid pitfalls while eating and exercising. No excuses - just hard work.

Have a good Monday!!!

JoyfulVegGirl
07-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Ack, so sorry it took me so long to check in! It's been a crazy day.

Lost .5/Trekked 21/Pledge 1

Ksquared
07-18-2011, 02:38 AM
I would like to 'sign' up for this. Is it to late for me? do i have to wait until next sunday?

JoyfulVegGirl
07-18-2011, 02:41 AM
Wow, what a long day today! I worked allll day and then went for my long run. I think I logged my miles wrong my first week, so my mileage for today will count next week.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes! :)

I really debated my pledge this week. I only lost .5 lbs this week, and I know I was due for a slow week due to my big losses from the past 2 weeks, but I hate not making my goal. This week I'm going to focus on making that 1 lb goal no matter what.

Ok, so sleepy. I'll catch up with the thread tomorrow. Hope you all had a good weekend!

JoyfulVegGirl
07-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Ksquared, I'm not Sarge, but I think if you enter your pledge now you'll probably be ok. Welcome! :)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 03:05 AM
wtg everyone this week!

ksquared- Im not sarge either but im sure sarge will take your pledge ;)

Ksquared
07-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Ok so, hopefully I will get this right. I am going to pledge to lose 4 pounds to start with. Starting at 194. :)

lovehopefaith
07-18-2011, 04:13 AM
So took some pictures today, i wanted to have a "before" picture so i could compare for those days where you feel like you have achieved nothing. Apparently i have been deluding myself into thinking i look okay.... I SOOOOO don't lol! Oh well, at least wont have to be at that weight ever again!

UrthWurm
07-18-2011, 04:47 AM
New thread, yay! :yay: Just writing in real quick to report my progress. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Sunday's Activity:

60 minute Basketball game
26 minutes Zumba
55 minute Basketball game
15 minutes Shooting Hoops

Hardcore Total: 156 minutes!

CourtneyDaisey
07-18-2011, 08:00 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

I sincerely apologize for being absent for a few days. He** Week turned into "Let's Go to He** In a Handbasket Week" instead. Give in to my stress? Yes. Eat like a dang pig? Yes. Gain? Unfortunately. 5 pounds. Took a freebie for the BL challenge this week, but can't take a freebie here. There are no freebies in Boot Camp. Last night we did get to the grocery store, so there are ZERO excuses I can use for not packing my lunch and eating out. Also, ZERO excuses are acceptable for not getting on the treadmill during lunch break AND getting in the 30DS in the evenings.

Recap for last Week...
Weigh In: Gained 5
Pledge for this week: Lose 3 lbs.
Miles Trekked: 4.55 miles
Hardcore Workout Time: 200 minutes

Folks, please feel free to dish out the appropriate punishment for being a complete and total slacker this past week. My behavior is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Not only did I blow it this week, but I undid 5 pounds of loss. How the he** will I reach my 100 lb. goal doing crap like this? I won't. Suck it up, Courtney, and STICK with it! The sticking part is my toughest challenge. I feel a blog post coming about my apparently obvious lack of commitment in weight loss. I'll have to post it when I get home though. Can't get into blogs on the office computer and I despise blogging on my cell phone. It takes far too long.

On a side note, yesterday my 3 year old experienced her first bee sting. I was outside mowing the yard and she was playing in the yard as well. She grabbed hold of a huge bumblebee that was on a dandelion. It stung her and she burst into tears loud enough for me to hear her over the lawnmower. I turned it off and asked her what happened. She yelled, "Bumblebee" and held up her hand. I took her inside, washed her hands, and got her a popsicle. I figured the coldness of the popsicle would help the soreness of the sting as well as make her happy. After she'd finished the popsicle I noticed her thumb was swolled to twice its normal size. I called my husband at work (who was scheduled to get off in 5 minutes) and he came home right away. We took her to an urgent care center to make sure she wasn't allergic. Fortunately she's not! Still, she was pretty sore so we spoiled her for the rest of the day. :)

So, here's to a MUCH better week! I WILL make it a good one! :running:

JayTee
07-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Seriously!!!! Just spent time and was just going to post the platoon final numbers for the week and I read the last post!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what Sarge has to say Courtney!

K3LL3Y
07-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Good Morning PLatoon!!

I'm back baby!:D After a good weekend of catching up on some sleep I'm back and raring to go!:exercise:

Hey Sarge...may as well declare K3 the victor in our 30 Day Shred side challenge. It will be quite some time before I'll be able to get back to that type of workout!

Since our good friend Peanutt has to take it easy for a little while, would anyone like to restart this challenge with me? 30 Day Shred vidoe 5 times in a week! It's Monday, so time for Day 1. Who's with me?!

Peanutt- Congrats on hitting your milestone. I hope you are feeling better and recovering at home.
KittyKat, LoveHopeFaith and Ksquared :welcome2: This is a great group, you will find no lack of helpful motivation here :)

Ksquared, I'm K3. It's nice to meet you:wave:

Chickadee- I hope your appointment goes well today. Keep us posted :hug:

Mia - Congratulations on Onderland :bravo: Keep up the good work and you'll see those lbs droop week after week.

Urthwurm- Congrats on almost doubling your pledge loss this week and for joining the hardcore challenge. All the fun side competitions do make a big difference. Exercise is a bit more fun when you have someone chasing you :D

We had some amazing losses this week:cp:
Budget = (-10.2)
Chick =(-5.7)
BNH =(-5.5)
Dreamer = (-4.4)
Peanutt = (-5.6)

Great Job! Keep it up:carrot:

JayTee
07-18-2011, 08:22 AM
CONGRATS PLATOON!!! WE MADE GOAL by 3.3 lbs!

Congrats to Bnh for her top spot performance on the BL Blue Team this week! Biggest Loser:
Bnhtla06, -5.5lbs, -2.78%

Welcome Ksquared! I entered your pledge and hope you enjoy basic training!

It's Monday again. As Reso would say, it's Reaffirmation Day! Time to recommit to reaching your ultimate goal!

And Sarge's goal right now is to reclaim the top spot from JoyfulV on Fitocracy! Off to the gym...

Courtney--I'm asking the disciplinary board (Peanutt, MadamB, Chesh, Pokey & Reso) to review your case! They might be more lenient than Sarge! Come to think of it, they don't even know they ARE the disciplinary board...

diyana
07-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Courtney - So sorry to hear about your daughter being stung by a bee. I hope the swelling and pain subside soon.

Jeanettey
07-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Good morning platoon,

Have a great Monday!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Cartoons/fence.gif

K3LL3Y
07-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Jeanettey, Now you've got me looking at cartoons!!

This one's for me:

http://www.glasbergen.com/wp-content/gallery/women039s-health/fit59.gif

Everyone, Go kick some Monday Butt-er and get in those miles!

peanutt
07-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Honestly Courtney, I don't see any value in any of us doling out some "punishment" or encouragement based on your last week. If I am recalling correctly, this is not the first time that you've had a crazy week and reported in that you gained a bunch of weight because you ovulated or because you had to eat out 15 times or whatever. I do give you credit for reporting in....like you said, no freebies in the platoon. It would have been very easy to just drop off the forum for a week or so and ignore the fact that you gained FIVE POUNDS in one week.

There are some things I feel I need to say though...

You're putting the onus on others to motivate you and keep you in line and honest. This is where you need to step back and re-evaluate. Yes, the platoon is great to support and encourage when we all need it. But we won't be here for you forever and we can't be with you every minute of your day. The next time you have a crazy anniversary weekend planned with planned overeating and drinking, we won't be here to tell you not to. YOU have to learn to tell yourself those things.

YOU need to take a look inside and find the reason why you think it's okay to go off plan the way you do. YOU need to examine your motivations for wanting to lose weight in the first place. YOU need to find a way to stop making excuses for yourself, because that's what you're still doing even in this most recent post. YOU need to get serious about making this change for yourself and your family. YOU need to make the plans and lay the groundwork necessary to ensure that you succeed.

I say none of this to be harsh or cruel. I say this because I want each and every one of us to experience success and happiness and I think that you, Courtney, need to hear all these things.

pokeycactus
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
K3 - I didn't keep up all 5 days of Shred last week, so I'll do it with you, starting today. Day one....aaaand, GO! LET'S DO THIS! :)

Urth - Way to go!!! You're already beating me - I'm only at 150 for the week so far. I'll be hot on your heels though, so no relaxing!!! ;)

COURTNEY. :no: Are you ready for this?
Seriously is right. What in the world happened? NO excuses this week. You WILL get on that treadmill during lunch. You WILL NOT overeat. You WILL log hardcore minutes. You WILL check in with us every day. This disappearing for 3 1/2 days thing, not acceptable. I care about you and I want to see you succeed! It's one thing if you try try try and the scale doesn't move, or moves up a few pounds. It's completely another if you leave us for days, don't work out, eat unhealthy, and then come back and say you're five pounds up. Stress eating? Not okay. Just don't do it. Go for a quick walk, do your nails, play with your kids DO SOMETHING. Now, tell me what your plan is this week to lose the three pounds you've pledged! You can do it!!!!!!

I gotta run and pick up my sister from the airport (woooo!!!) but I'll be back to post a bit more!!! :)

MadamButterfly
07-18-2011, 11:13 AM
PLATOON HIT GOAL + EXTRA BUTT-ER TO BOOT!!!

WOOHOO EVERYONE . . .

NOW GET OFF YOU A**
AND GO MELT SOME MORE !!

K3 & jeanettey: LOVIN' THE CARTOONS !!!

It's a new week . . . so make it count starting now!!!

MY NEXT POST WILL BE FOR YOU

COURTNEY!!!

tubbaki
07-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Pledged 1.5
Lost 2.8

Yayyy:)

I'm pledging 2 pounds for the next weigh in.

Sarati
07-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Sorry I'm late to the party this week.

Last week pledged -1.5, lost 0.

It's better than gaining but if I don't watch the carbs I'm gonna pop!

Miles trekked: 24.84of the 25 pledged. So close, ugh

This week I am going to simplify my pledge and try to lose .5 lbs but I'm pledging to trek MORE than 25 miles this week.

My fitocracy goal is to somehow get to level 6 before Wednesday. That site has really compelled me to workout more. I've got hand weights all over the place and I've pulled out my Dance Dance Revolution mat and I've been burning it up!

I have a question for everyone: How do you stick to tracking your food intake? I do so well during the day but once I go off the rails and eat something "wrong" I quit recording for the day. I imagine the key is to not eat something that I don't want to write down but that's sometimes easier said than done.

Any tips?

MadamButterfly
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
COURTNEY, COURTNEY, COURTNEY

CAN YOU SAY REMEDIAL BOOT CAMP!!!

I, like Pokey, Peanut & SARGE and all the others here want you to succeed, BUT and that's a BIG BUTT . . . YOU NEED TO WANT IT TOO . . . DO YOU??? WELL DO YOU????

MY SUGGESTION IS A CHECK IN EVERYDAY WITH EVERY DROP OF FOOD YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH, EVERY BIT OF EXERCISE YOU DID DURING THE DAY AND THE PLAN FOR THE NEXT DAY, HOW YOU ARE GOING TO OVERCOME THIS INCESSENT NEED FOR SELF DESTRUCTION . . . DO YOU WANT TO BE FAT??? I THINK MAYBE YES . . . . OVULATION CRAVING???? . . . SERIOUSLY . . . WELL WE CAN HAVE PRE AND POST TOM CRAVINGS, PRE AND POST OVULATION CRAVINGS . . . NON-TOM CRAVINGS AND THAT SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THINGS FOR THE WHOLE MONTH . . . :mad: YOU NEED TO QUIT MAKING EXCUSES :mad: . . . JUST DO THE WORK AND AS JOSEY SAYS:

SUCK IT UP BUTT-ER CUP!!!

Ok, maybe harsh, but you need to SH*T or get off the POT!!! We love and care about you and this post was filled with a LOT MORE PISS & VINEGAR BUT, MISS PEANUT & POKEY POSTED SO THANK THEM THAT. THEY WERE QUICKER THAN ME AND BEFORE THE FULL WRATH OF MADAMGOOEYB CAME SHINING THROUGH . . . YUP MADAMGOOEYB IS A HARD A** . . . DEAL WITH IT!!!!

NOW WOMAN . . . MAKE A PLAN, HEED TO POKEY & PEANUT'S ADVICE & THOUGHTS, FIGURE OUT WHERE IN THE HE** YOUR HEAD IS, THEN GET YOUR BUTT-ER MOVIN' PRIVATE . . . HUP, HUP, HUP . . . . AND DOUBLE TIME IT!!

If you start to cave or are stuck with something . . . then come here and post an S.O.S. . . . there is almost always someone around that can talk you down from the buffet or from that binge or give you a :kickbutt: to get you moving . . . None of us are perfect, we all have moments . . . but your "moments" are becoming the "norm" . . .

peanutt
07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Sarati - make the commitment to record every morsel that enters your mouth and do not waver. Just do it. I know you can. When you're faced with eating something off plan, you'll also know that recording it is not optional and make your decision on whether or not to eat it knowing that. When you record those bad food choices you'll be more likely to avoid the bad choices in the future because you'll always see the evidence of your poor choices in black and white.

MadamButterfly
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Sarati;

Carry a little notebook in your pocket and MAKE YOURSELF write it down, make notes on the mirror, fridge, bathroom door . . . "I will write down what I eat" "I can make better food choices" . . . or whatever works for you . . . FORCING yourself to write it down often (but not always, hmmmm jelly beans :?: UGH!!!) will help you refrain from those BAD CHOICES . . . YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOURSELF DO IT SOMETIMES, EVEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO !!!

EDIT: Ooooops, Peanut already took care of it . . . :D

celrae
07-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Hard Core Ladies Please Report For Duty
I am trying to figure out who is still in on this challenge. I like the competition, so if you are in please let me know.
Celrae-
Goal: 700 min.
Total: 120

Slow start for me, but like Pokey said I will keep going.

pokeycactus
07-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Celrae - I'm still here! :) I'm at 150 after boxing this morning, with more minutes to come this afternoon! Be careful of that PF, I want you to feel better!!! :hug:

Sarati - Like Peanutt and MadamB have already said, just do it. I don't eat something UNTIL I have written it down. I have a small notebook in my purse that I use to transfer stuff into Daily Plate if I eat anything while I'm out. And, I'm sure you have text messaging? Try this: text ANY food item to 35242. It'll come back with the calorie counts, fat, and protein almost immediately. If you think you want to eat fast food, try that - the calorie counts will about make you cry. And, if you "go off the rails" as you put it - you must have already written it down, correct? So you see right away the damage you've caused.

So, boxing this morning!!! What a crazy crazy workout! I'm so glad I joined that bootcamp, what a great investment. I technically only have 4 more weeks left in the bootcamp that I pre-paid for, but, guess what? I am totally signing up again. I love love love how hardcore the workouts are. I highly recommend boxing to ANYONE who wants a fantastic, BUTT-er melting workout!!!!

Speaking of all of this dieting and exercise technicality type stuff, some food for thought:

This morning, my boxing trainer was chatting with me while I was doing my workouts. She said she had clients that were larger than me and more out of shape, but barely sweated through the same workouts she was putting me through and constantly making excuses for themselves, while I ALWAYS am dripping sweat and completely out of breath at the end. She was then reiterating that she could be the greatest trainer on the planet, but I ONLY GET OUT WHAT I PUT IN. She meant, she could be Jillian Michaels, but if I don't push myself and if I don't try my hardest in every workout, I won't get anything out of it. She had a great point. You could have a fail proof plan and the best trainer money could buy, but if you don't put in the work and the effort, you get zip out of it.

peanutt
07-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Madam - I'm sittin' around with nothing better to do than stalk this thread obsessively for posts to respond to! ;) Why do you think our threads have so many views nowadays? That's all me, baby!!

Pokey - what an awesome message from your boxing trainer! Such a good reminder for everyone. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people really phoning it in at the gym, reading their magazine or playing a game on their phone while lollygagging along on the treadmill. I just imagine those people coming on to 3FC and making the posts of "GAAAH! I spent an hour a day on the treadmill and still can't lose weight!" It always comes back to YOU and what YOU put into your progress! We all control our own destiny.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Peanutt- I am pretty much with you too AHAHA I lurke when i've nothing to do.

MadamButterfly
07-18-2011, 12:27 PM
OOps, SENIOR MOMENT

K3 & Pokey: Oh, I am so into the shred with you two (and anyone else who wants to play with us) . . . I have Level II squared away in fitocracy and will be setting up Level I tomorrow or Wed . . .

Oh, and K3 . . . I will be flying by you on fitocracy soon, very soon :rofl:

K3LL3Y
07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey Ladies, After my crazy week last week, I'm slacking on my lunch break and hovering around here on 3FC too. But now I have to go get some miles in to compete with Sarge on Fitocracy!!!!

edit: I guess I'm have to worry about MadamB now too!

rmc9142
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm at 160 minutes for the Hardcore Challenge and am planning to get some time on the bike this afternoon, if I can beat the big storm that we're supposedly getting.

pokey, wtg on giving it your all! Your boxing class sounds great. My gym rotates their offerings every month, but I haven't seen boxing yet. I will definitely sign up if it's ever offered. They are having a cardio/barbell class next month that I'm going to try.

There is one woman at my gym who comes in every morning, drops her kid at childcare, then gets on the eliptical with her Kindle. She spends the next hour reading, never breaking a sweat. I'm convinced she's there to get an hour to herself, with cheap daycare.

pokeycactus
07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
RMC - We have those too at my gym...I never thought about it, but I think you're right - the daycare is free at my gym and membership is only $10 a month....I think that explains it!

K3 - Uh, yeah. MadamB is kinda scary when she's determined to win a challenge.... :lol:

celrae
07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Dripping with sweat is fun--:D--Saying that makes me want to go workout again. Foot a little sore so I will look for some chair exercise.

Keep going!

CourtneyDaisey
07-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Diyana - Thanks. She is doing much better today and the swelling has gone down tremendously. :)

Peanutt - You're right. I made a blog post this morning about my very obvious lack of commitment. I don't know why, but I seem to have issues following through with things. I am thinking that maybe I get bored with my routine so I should challenge myself to change things up a bit. Stop eating the same food over and over. Stop doing the same three forms of exercise. There are lots of ways that I could change things up. As long as I stay within my calorie limit and get in the exercise, the weight should come off. I am going to try to vary things a bit and see how that goes for me. Thanks for your bluntness. It's what I need.

Pokey - Seriously is definitely right. I don't understand why I do a great job of starting something but never seem to follow through with completing things. Be it losing weight, reading a book, or a craft project...things never seem to get done with me. I can't tell you how many unfinished books and projects are sitting around my house. I apparently do the same thing with weight loss. I get 110% gung ho about it, rock it hard for a week or two, and then stumble and fall...hard. Getting back up isn't something I'm very good at for some reason. I have zero self esteem, which I am sure doesn't help matters much. Somehow I will pull my head out of my arse and keep it on my shoulders where it belongs. This week to reach that 3 lb goal I plan to vary my routine so I don't get bored. Try different foods, try different exercises...and see if that doesn't help alleviate the boredom of weight loss. I also will keep myself 100% accountable on MyFitnessPal (which I strayed from for 3 days too) and log everything. If I can't log it I won't eat/drink it. I love what your boxing trainer said too! Excellent bit of advice!

MadamB - Please, definitely do be harsh. I need the blunt honesty. I don't want to be fat for the rest of my life. Why do I allow myself to make excuses? I don't have a good answer for that one. Excuses aren't going to get me to my goals. Sh*t happens, and I have to deal with it. Believe me, I wish I had the intestinal fortitute to divulge everything in my life that has me so completely stressed out but I know no one really wants to hear it. Venting it out isn't going to make it go away. My coping mechanism, for whatever sh*t happens, is food. It always has been. My plan for the week is to try to vary things so that I don't get bored and see how that goes. I'll be vigilant and log everything on MyFitnessPal and get my exercise logged on Fitocracy (which is impossible to do at work because we have crappy old IE instead of Firefox here so I have to do that from home).

Celrae - I am still in! :) I am up to 240 for the week so far! Bring it!!!!

I did just get back from my 30 minutes (1.5 miles) on the office treadmill. :woops: This week WILL be a success!

JayTee
07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
I'd like to thank the disciplinary board for taking care of business this morning. A combined approach of tact, rationale, and tough love is WAY better than Sarge being let loose...if would take years of therapy to overcome Sarge bullying (ask my kids!).

Just a reminder to all...in the very first post of each new thread Sarge repeats the intention behind the platoon...that this a group who give 110% each and every day... This is NOT the place for those who half-as* it, phone it in, or are looking for a magic pill to make their world all better. There are many other 3FC threads filled with kind of thinking and here's a shocker...Sarge doesn't do well in those groups.

Also, as a courtesy, if you are out of town on the weekend, please try to report your numbers before leaving town. I know last minute things come up, power/internet goes out, but it sure would make Sarge's life easier if EVERYONE would report in by midnight on Sunday!

Peanutt -- Keep stalking because you're in sickbay. Come up with our next trekky type challenge because we only have about 1,000 miles to go on our walk to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Dreamer -- If you're that bored, do crunches, sit-ups, go for a walk! GET OFF THE COMPUTER and MOVE!

MadamButterfly
07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
WE'RE ALMOST TO THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDE . . . WHAT??? Off to canada? a quick swim to Hawaii? North to Alaska? . . . Australia? Europe? . . I can't believe we're almost there . . . <sigh>

K3: don't listen to Pokey . . . I'm not scary (looking sheepishly and somewhat devil-like :devil: LOLOLOL I just like to get my sweat on . . . LOLOLOL . . . what . . . me . . . competitive . . . :rofl: :rofl: NAW . . . you don't have to worry about me, I'll be flying by you soon, the you can EAT MY SWEAT . . . :lol3:

celrae, grab some weights, sit on the couch and do curls, presses, raises (front & side) . . . then do some crunches [MadamGooeyB style (yup that's 400)] . . . then DO IT AGAIN . . .

Courtney; Figure out why you don't finish ANYTHING . . . are you afraid you won't have anything to do afterwards??? like your mind says . . . AND NOW WHAT??? Pick a small task and finish it! just one thing . . . anything!!! then start doing this with different things/projects. Find an unfinished project in your house (it sounds like there are many to choose from), it doesn't matter which one, just pick one . . . and finish it . . . and go from there . . . one thing, one day at a time . . . just like losing weight, one exercise, one mile, and one pound at a time . . . you can't do it all at once, PICK ONE THING AND FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Pokey: Must find boxing class, will check out parks & rec offerings, fall schedule should be coming out soon . . .

NO JELLY BEANS FOR ME . . . . LOLOLOL :rofl: :rofl:

KittyKat1465
07-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Today I ate my veggies for lunch and actually enjoyed them. My palette is definitely changing. Planning on a 3 mile hike after work. Hope it doesn't, but my backup plan in case it does is an hour of Just Dance 2 on the Wii and 150 crunches!!!! Let's go!

CourtneyDaisey
07-18-2011, 02:05 PM
WE'RE ALMOST TO THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDE . . . WHAT??? Off to canada? a quick swim to Hawaii? North to Alaska? . . . Australia? Europe? . . I can't believe we're almost there . . . <sigh>

Courtney; Figure out why you don't finish ANYTHING . . . are you afraid you won't have anything to do afterwards??? like your mind says . . . AND NOW WHAT??? Pick a small task and finish it! just one thing . . . anything!!! then start doing this with different things/projects. Find an unfinished project in your house (it sounds like there are many to choose from), it doesn't matter which one, just pick one . . . and finish it . . . and go from there . . . one thing, one day at a time . . . just like losing weight, one exercise, one mile, and one pound at a time . . . you can't do it all at once, PICK ONE THING AND FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

The Golden Gate Bride? :lol3: Good one! Who's getting hitched on this trip?

MadamB - I will pick one thing from the multitude of things around my house tonight and decide to work on that one thing alone until it's done! *salutes*

Okay folks...poll time! To change up my gym routine tonight I am seeking the help of the platoon. I have two hours tonight that I can work out. If you had two hours of uninterrupted gym time, what would you do? Below are my options...

A. 2 hours of swimming
B. 2 hours in the Cardio Cinema Room (they have treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes in a dark room with a movie playing. Today's movie is "Bad Company.")
C. 2 hours of weight training
D. 1 hour of catching up on the Fitocracy quests and 1 hour in the Cardio Cinema Room
E. 1 hour of Group Fitness (Yoga and Zumba are the two classes available tonight) and 1 hour in the Cardio Cinema Room

Those are my options for today. So take a vote! The top choice is what I will do tonight at the gym! :)

JoyfulVegGirl
07-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Aaah, darnit Sarge, I thought I had you! And now MadameB is after us all with her zucchini. Better put in some work.

So many good losses this week!

K3LL3Y, I would love to shred with ya'll! I graduated the Shred on Saturday but I'm not ready to give it up yet. I've got a love/hate thing going on with Jillian.

So this is VERY unlike me, but I might be ditching class tomorrow to go rafting! A friend of mine has an extra spot and I've never been. I'm excited and nervous. Hopefully I don't fall off the boat ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Sarge- HAHA I am usually bored when I am doing stuff. I could be editing photos, writing a paper, cooking for the kid, reading a book or well even sometimes doing those crunches etc but I still get bored, if I am not multi tasking then I am BORED! Plus, its not that easy here, I am often stuck at home to watch the child with others around and we aren't in a big house I wish doing crunches etc was as easy as going in my room and getting own on the floor.

JayTee
07-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Joyful (aka Hoshiko on Fitocracy) -- GAME ON!!! Hear that Gooey?!?! Did ya know that Joyful IS Hoshiko on Fitocracy? I don't think she's taunting us but watch your back! and your front...and your sides...I'm thinking she's a crafty one.

envelope
07-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I want in on the 15 lb challenge that Kuri threw down at the end of the last thread. That will put me at 162.8 (A total of 75lbs!)

I went to the Dr's today for an annual check up. The first thing out of his mouth was, "You look like a completely different person, I am so impressed." I need to get some blood work done to confirm, but he is sure that my somewhat unhealthy chol. levels are well into the healthy range now. I had to go over and get an ultra sound to check on my thyroid...I have had a slight goiter for over 11 years. To which I told him I have earned everysingle pound lost. He was excited to hear that I am going to jog a 1/2 marathon in Sept.

Sarati - You are accountable to yourself. As others have said you need to comit to recording everything. Before you eat something "wrong" figure out the cals and record it first and figure out the total that puts you at. Then make the decision if you are going to eat it.

SMSDreamer - What is wrong with getting down on the floor and doing crunches in front of the kids? It sets a good example!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Envelope- Just in front of the kids? No problem, my nephew likes to do em with me..In front of my mother? Not happening. I don't need to be yelled at for doing crunches, I already get yelled at for losing almost 60 lbs! and welcome to the 15 lb challenge!!

MadamButterfly
07-18-2011, 02:25 PM
One quickie before I go to work . . . may be doing more crunches, if all the Old people go to bed early . . . LOLOLOLOL

Sarge; oh yes I know joyful is Hoshiko . . . and don't worry, I'm armed with my ZUCCHINI and watching all flanks . . . it's on ladies . . .

LOCK AND LOAD

GAME ON!!!

Oh, K3 & Pokey: 30 DS, Level 2 Done for today . . . more tomorrow . . . :D

AnonymouslyYours
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey Platoon,

Sorry for the late afternoon check-in. I was really busy this morning, and it's always going to be more important for me to get my gym time in than for me to get my morning post in on here. I would apologize, but I'm pretty sure you all understand.

I finished c25k w9d1 -- the first 30 minute run. (JOSEY -- WHERE ARE YOU?) I didn't go significantly further than I did during the 28 minute runs, but I was just focusing on trying to keep running. Not much of a problem on that front. I love the highs and lows of a run. The beginning kind of sucks, then it starts to feel good, then it gets rough again, then it feels good again, and so on until you're done.

I also got in my Monday weight training routine and I am already starting to feel the twinge of soreness that will be in fullswing tomorrow morning. Yay!

Pokey -- I am right there with you! My ponytail is soaking wet, my shirt is drenched in sweat, my face is beet red, etc when I get done working out. But I feel so good about it. I always think that the guys in the gym give me more credit than a lot of the other girls who just do light cardio for an hour because of it. I get more nods of approval and stuff and I am no where near as in shape. Everything in life is that way. 5% what you have/what happens and 95% what you do with it.

Celrae -- I am in the hardcore minutes challenge, with 115 right now, but I plan to log some more later on today! I will probably be toward the back of the pack this week, but that's fine, I'll just keep pushing my way forward. :)

Courtney -- Add in weight training. Not two hours a day. You should NOT be able to lift weights for 2 hours and if you can, you're not lifting enough/effectively enough. But definitely add it in. You will see gains in strength WAY before you see gains in your cardiovascular fitness. You say that you can't stick with things. When you start to see/feel/notice the difference in how strong you are, it is easy to stick with it. And if you do it effectively three or four days a week for 30-45 minutes a day, you will make NOTICEABLE gains in your strength in about two weeks.

Also, Courtney, there are always going to be lots of reasons not to do anything that you don't want to do. I named about 20 reasons to skip the gym this morning before I got out of bed, and I really didn't want to go, but I did anyway. And that's the key, at some point you have to realize that life is hard, you have to do things you don't want to do and you have to do them when it's not easy. Everyone can persevere when it's easy. What really defines and sets some people apart is their resolve and determination to do what needs to be done when it's hard to do and they would rather do anything else. I read a saying about our actions only truly defining us if we do them when nobody is watching. When there is nobody to praise us for doing the right thing and nobody to chastise us for doing what's wrong, that's when our actions really matter. So do the right thing. When you want to eat something bad, just don't. When you want to relax and be lazy when you know you should work out, WORK OUT. Suck it up. Do it.

I've been in tears the past two weeks come weigh-in time because I haven't made my pledge, even though I lost weight both weeks. Both weeks, I ate under my calories, I worked out, I checked in, etc. Come back next week and say you didn't make pledge because you're in the same sad boat I'm in right now, or even better say you DID make pledge for the same reasons, but don't come back with excuses and think they are fooling anyone, because we all know what it's takes to lose weight and what it's like to not want to stick with it.

But seriously, stick with it! And I would really love to help you come up with some strength training exercises, as I am such a huge believer in weight-training. I break my time up at the gym between weight training and c25k for cardio. It's been really effective, but whatever works, just remember, nothing is going to WORK FOR YOU. You have to make it work, just like Pokey said! :)

AnonymouslyYours
07-18-2011, 02:55 PM
OHHH! And on a really happy note -- I ordered myself some yoga pants from Victoria's Secret in size XL because I thought I was small enough to fit in their clothes again. They came and they are TOO BIG! Woo! :D

JayTee
07-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Anon & others... There is NO REASON to be in tears over not making pledge if you've been working as hard as you can and making the right choices in food consumption! We want everyone to succeed here and if that means scaling back a pledge amount DO THAT. Much rather the mental attitude be "I WON" rather than "I FAILED" and then quit or just feel plain cr*ppy about yourself.

AnonymouslyYours
07-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Sarge -- Haha, it was BECAUSE I had been making the right choices. Otherwise, I could have pinpointed the reason and not been so frustrated. But it's all good. My mood swings from one extreme to the other real quick, I bounce back right away. :) Oh and you're kinda stuck with me. No quitting here!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I have something I want to say. Life sucks! To all of you who are going through crappy times right now, I am SOOOOO sorry. That said, Only YOU can make choices and can make this weight loss happen. Life sucks for everyone at one time or another. I am sure some if not all of you remember my H*LL week in april...you know... the week where 2 very god friends died within 3 days of eachother (one of them ran down by a drunk driver on the very street I had been standing on 3 hrs earlier and very honestly probably by someone I was at the bar with for my friends wedding) and in that same week my brother decided that it was a god idea to swallow a whole bottle of his bipolar meds AND a bottle of vicodin PLUS some ibuprofin and codine. WHILE I had mid-terms and was worried about whether i'd be allowed to continue shool (this is also the time that my computer decided it was going to die and i had to switch to my sisters old lappy), ya know what I did that week? I dropped 3 lbs. I got to this weight because of emotional eating (with the help of my pcos and /IR but personally i don't see that as a valid reason for GAINING weight, not losing it faster, yes but gaining? no I knew what was going into my mouth for years.). I am BY NO MEANS perfect, many know I have also disappeared for a week or more when life got stressful, maybe not sticking to my diet completely but I didn't give up. Have I had a few gains since march? H*LL YES! I have had a few! Have I had many other struggles? Yep! Is life easy? no way. But,with my gains, losses and maintains I know it was my fault and I own up to it. What I am trying to say is life happens it happens A LOT the key is to not let it get you off track. There will ALWAYS be an excuse as to why you went off plan, or can't get this done or can't get that done. Is that excuse worth risking your health anymore that the stress of the excuse is already causing? Personally I don't think so. Which is why I made the 100 day pledge.

I decided that no matter what comes my way, whether 5 ppl die in a week or a plague comes, being in the best health I can be will give me the best chance of making it through the even. week, month year. No one;s life is "easy" but we do have to make the best of it we can. I care about every single one of you. There is no reason to cry for not making pledge. Lord knows there's weeks where sarge has had to go "UMMMM no, I am not accepting this pledge, I am accepting this one cause I want you happy." Are you happy with how things are now? If the answer is no then what do YOU have to do to make you happy? What can you do today to help you accomplish that goal? Lets make these weeks from here on out count! lose .01 lbs gain 20 we're in this together for encouragement and help. All I can say is if you lose .01 lbs WOOHOO YOU LOST .01 LBS!! if you gained 20 WOOHOO YOU DIDNT GAIN 50 THATS AWESOME!!

Ok, I am stepping down my soapbox now;)

Love,
The crazy, hair-brained, far from perfect, country lovin, Weight Losing DREAMER

JayTee
07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Dreamer -- Ummmm, between reading all the stuff that quite frankly makes Sarge's eyes bleed I'm wondering what point you were trying to make? I think you were disagreeing with Sarge in his wanting to see people HAPPY that they made pledge rather than sad over failing to make pledge. And let me make one thing PERFECTLY clear...if someone comes on here and admits they gained 20 pounds, WE WILL NOT BE GATHERING THE TROOPS to offer support! We will be suggesting those people check themselves in for addiction treatment because there is a serious problem going on that we cannot help with.

Edit: I can't help myself...Sarge is going to take a break from posting for a few days...
Here's the problem...I ABSOLUTELY APPLAUD THE GREAT JOB THE PLATOON DID LAST WEEK!!! I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED BECAUSE OPERATION **** WEEK WAS IMPOSED. What fries my butt-er is lip service. When there is even a little bit of lip service instead of WORK I want to pull my hair out, stuff it into my eye sockets and light the ends on fire. Again, to quote one of our members in the past...SHUT UP AND DO THE WORK!!!! YOU DO THE WORK...JUST PICK SOMETHING AND DO IT...!

See ya next Sunday!

josey
07-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Sorry guys, I can't catch up with what happened over the weekend. Too many pages!!

@Sarge - lost nothing :-( I think I have to rethink my pledges. I will pledge what I think I can do, not what I want to do from now on. So mine for this week is 1 lbs.

@Anon - sorry about not replying earlier. I didn't run on Friday after all and also skipped Sunday. I was just too busy only coming home to sleep. However, I will run tonight W8D3 and then on Wednesday I will hopefully start W9.

UrthWurm
07-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Good Morning Platoon!!

@K3LL3Y- Thank you! I agree, exercise is more fun when you're trying to do your best and go your all against someone else! :)

@pokey- Glad you had fun boxing this AM! Kickboxing is a fav workout of mine. In regards to the Hardcore challenge, I'm sure you'll pass me by in no time. However! I WILL be working my little butt off, just the same! ;) Watch out!

@rmc- WTG on the 160 minutes so far!! Keep it up. :high:

@envelope- Welcome to the 15 lb challenge! :D

BudgetBaby
07-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Afternoon, all. Thanks for all the get better wishes and such. Still with an aggravating cough, but feeling 95% my usual self. And not worried at all about being able to keep up at work. Expect to be fine. Happy to get back to it.

Sarati - Writing down what I eat has had an unexpected benefit for me. If you make yourself get in the habit and do it, you will find that some foods you associate in your brain as 'bad' foods and 'off plan' foods, actually aren't so evil. In moderation, they might fit comfortably into your food plan, if you're using an exchange based plan or a calorie limit plan or something like that. Just something to consider.

CourtneyDaisey
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I will be off of work in 5 minutes. Still haven't decided what I am going to do tonight at the gym. I am leaning toward the hour of Cardio Cinema and an hour of...Zumba. I've done the Zumba class once before. I suck at it. I can't dance worth sh*t. But I did break a good sweat doing it. So...hmm...elliptical for an hour and then Zumba? That may be my plan. Both of those are definitely not my usual exercise routines.

I apoligize for disappointing the platoon and for p*ssing Sarge off so bad she isn't going to post for the rest of the week. I'll take the blame for that crap. The only way to prove to y'all that I am serious is to put in some serious work out time. Hardcore folks, prepare to be left in the dust. I'm 4 hours into it for exercise this week already! Time to add more!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
ok yes, My post was a bit erratic, I know in my head what point I am trying to make its just hard to get on paper. I guess what I am triyng to say...if I can get this right is..Life sucks, we all have issues..in the end we need to roll with the punches and not let it get us down. We still need to accomplish our goals and doing that will make us happy! on the flip side, if you don't see the silver lining and de-stress and be happy you won't accomplish your goals. So take a breather, tell life to kiss your *** and make the best of your situation. Things happen in life...its how you let them affect you that matters. Don't let things that happen in life suck your love of life and happiness. Cling to the little things if you have to but whatever you do be happy with that. ok hopefully that is a bit less confusing, if not I'm sorry. I know what I want to say and normally in other situations I know how to express myself this time I just don't because I have been in that situation and for me...I can't really express what I had to do to change it. I just kind of decided that whatever happens, I am not giving up and I won't let this get me down...I might get annoyed, a little anxious maybe a bit disappointed but in the end I will take the results for what they are and keep plugging at it.

Rated
07-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Sarati - I know this is a little late (this thread is hard to keep up with) but I once read this quote about keeping a food journal. Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down. Just commit to writing it down (because even if you don't the calories still count;))

I realized I have been using school as an excuse for gaining 1.8 pounds two weeks ago. Even though I may not have time for exercise right now there is no reason I can't eat properly and if I eat right I should still lose weight. I have started out good this week and packed lots of veggies and fruit in my lunch. I really wanted Tim Hortons today but I have told myself no and I only need to hold out for 30 more mins because then it closes and is no longer an option. I have recommited to eating healthy and not using school as an excuse to give up and give into temptation.

AnonymouslyYours
07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Josey -- Glad you're back!! Now you can try to catch me! ;) I hope your schedule settles down now!

Rated -- Maybe you could try getting up just ten minutes earlier and first thing doing 2 minutes of crunches, pushups, and lunges. I find it's way easier to make healthy choices about what I eat when I do something active in the morning. I'm glad you are committed to losing weight while in school. I go to a very tough school and during the busy semesters it can be crazy.

Rated
07-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Anon- yeah I should try fitting in just a little bit of exercise maybe before bed though because I am not a morning person and I am having a hard enough time getting up as it is. School is just crazy right now since they have a 3 credit course that would normally take approx. 12 weeks into 3 weeks.

Jeanettey
07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Anon - Congrats on the big pants...http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif

Hardcore ladies I'm at 240 minutes and going. Game on ladies! :carrot:

Sarge - I'm sorry some of the platoon has you pis*ed. :hug:
Know you'll work it or run it off. Don't know what else to say so I'll just, "SHUT UP AND GO DO SOME MORE WORK". :woops:

envelope
07-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Rated - I know what you mean about packing in a 12 wk course into 3 wks, but it is doable! I had the opportunity to accelerate my 4 yr program into 3 yrs, but it required me taking 24 crd hours over the summer in 2009 and 21 credit hours over the summer in 2010. I lost weight over both of those time periods by CCing and prioritizing, focus on the assignment that is do next...I also did c25k last summer...exercise an excellent destressor.

kurisitaru
07-18-2011, 07:26 PM
O.O

You guys are chatty today. I skimmed over some posts and honestly didn't read every bit of it.

Courtney: Good luck making pledge this week. Keep at it and don't disappear on us. Everyone here seems to care about your health. I gained too so this week I need to give 150% more effort to lose pounds. I'm just glad the inches are still melting. The tough love everyone shows, is because they care. Now GO DO ZUMBA AND DROP AND GIVE US 100!!!

Envelope: Welcome to the 15lb throw down! My expectations to lose 15 lbs by August 25th are probably a little too eager... but that's when school starts. >< (A little under a lb a day. O.O) SOOOO Maybe I won't get it that soon. XD The race is ON though!

Shred level 3 today. O.O /panic

I'm about to gear up for an INTENSE bike ride to a store clear across the city. I want to see if they have something in stock and I figured there was a bike path leading that way. I like biking, but I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of hills and I HATE steady low incline. I'd rather bike a huge hill and get to the top of something then push a bike intensely and never see the "top" of anything. ><

envelope
07-18-2011, 07:32 PM
kuri - When I do the math it is closer to a little under 1/2 lb a day to get to lose 15lbs by Aug. 25. In other words a deficit of 1350 cals per day. Tough, but possible if on plan with cals and exercise. It will be fun working at it!!!

KittyKat1465
07-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Envelope-Glad to have you in the challenge. Bring it! (lol sorry, my competitive side had to come out)

On a sidenote, I woke up today and decided to be daring and try on my "skinny" jeans. I was wearing a size 20 and my "skinny" jeans are an 18. Well guess what? They fit!!!!! Not only did they fit, but they were lose. Now if that's not motivation I don't know what is!!!!!! :carrot:

UrthWurm
07-18-2011, 07:50 PM
@Jeanettey- 240 mins already? NICE! I better do some catching up! :running:

@KittyKat- Congrats on fitting into your skinny jeans! That's awesome!

Cheshirecat
07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Wow.
That was a bunch to read over. I actually had to work today and came back to 7 pages of new stuff. Ack.

Anyhoo, I got in 4.5 miles this morning. My summer is coming to an end very soon and I'm sad I won't have the time in the morning anymore...I have to switch back to evening. Oh well...it was fun while it lasted.

Courtney-One more, because Sarge said I was part of the of the discipline group.:sumo: You have to want it period. We can lead you, poke you, pull your tail and kick your a$$. But you have to do it. I have a horrible time staying committed to things as well. I know it. But here I am. Someone already said it, one thing. One small thing. Then do it everyday. That's the start.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbsb3obbxB1qdk1hyo1_500.jpg
Again, you choose. We will be here to poke and prod, but you EARN the body and life you WANT.
Have fun at the gym today. Zumba sounds great.

Random thought on logging food....I have a hard time with it, it's annoying to keep up with but it really does help. Visual, mathematically you can see the numbers and it's such a great tool for you to learn portion sizes! Which is what I really used it for. I hate depriving myself of stuff. I have found that I can get fast food (or a snack or whatever) and still be in calories if I pay attention to what else I eat that day.

Kuri-Whooo, get on that bike and go! I totally hear you on the slow, steady incline hills! I just got into biking and MY GOODNESS, those first couple of times while I was muttering over my sore behind was the fact that a bike turns every single hill into this intense up hill battle of epic proportions! I'm just starting to get better at taking hills. Yesh.

Envelope-That's so great that your Dr. was so impressed of your accomplishments!

Pokey-I like your trainer! Your boxing coaches seem like such great trainers from what you mentioned of them. That's great that you really found something you love!

Ps. Watch out for MadamGoo-ster. She will drop goo all over you and try to derail your challenging her!! She is crafty and gooey. http://www.indiantelevision.com/images17/slimynick.jpg

Pss. Reso-I'm buying a watch today. Just had to share, no where near as cool as yours but more than I usually go for.

spanky
07-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Wow. I am so down for this group! I suppose I have to lurk until Sunday--that's sign up day, right?

Spanks

peanutt
07-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Spanky - welcome!! Sign up now....make a pledge of how much you'll lose by Sunday. Come back throughout the week and be sure to report in how much you actually lost on Sunday. Sarge may not be around to update the pledge board, but you can still set a goal and work towards it!

spanky
07-18-2011, 09:10 PM
OK. Do I just say it?

"I pledge to lose 1 pound by Sunday. "

I just started a new regime of calorie counting and HIIT workouts and have no idea what the results will be, but a pound would be remarkable for me.

YAY--Bring it!!!!!

spanks

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
:welcome: spanky!

peanutt
07-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Right on, Spanky! We're also tracking miles trekked as we trek across America. If you do any walking/running/biking keep track of your miles and report those on Sunday as well!

rainbowsmiles
07-18-2011, 09:37 PM
way to go spanky....welcome to the world of sarge's make no excuses get-r-done misfits!! hahaha :) sarge runs a tight ship!! make a pledge, then make it happen and you'll have no trouble...make excuses...whine or complain...well then...heads will roll!!! or you might have to walk the plank or be fed to the alligators!! heehee mostly, have fun!! this is A GREAT PLATOON!!! with one AWESOME LEADER IN SARGE!! this platoon does not live by whine...but by wine and friendship!! :)

celrae
07-18-2011, 10:08 PM
I got fitted for new running shoes. I can't believe that I am a size 12:o. It was hard news to hear. I found the right shoes and then bought them online and save a little money. I got one pair of traditional running shoes with the arch support and one pair of the new barefoot style. I can't wait, the inserts were not working.

1st day back on eating plan, low-carb is easy for me to follow. I am trying to stay around 1800-2000 calories.
I cook a lot and I have trouble logging items on FitDay or other sites, is writing down what you eat good enough? Any thoughts helpful.

2 eggs, Greek yogurt
large salad w/ turkey, nuts, carrots, bacon, oil & vinegar
chicken patty, nuts, iced coffee w/2% milk (no sweetener)
salad w/ steak, tomatoes, cucumber, oil & vinegar
cherries
2 glasses of wine

Jeanettey
07-18-2011, 10:10 PM
ALRIGHT PLATOON, LETS GET TO IT!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/crawl.jpg

peanutt
07-18-2011, 10:19 PM
celrae - You should checkout the Merrell website for some training videos on how to train yourself to run barefoot. You really do have to hold your feet and body differently and it's quite common for newbies to have injuries from improper form. But those Merrell videos are great for learning the proper form!

Link - http://www.merrell.com/US/en/BarefootConnection

rainbowsmiles
07-18-2011, 10:21 PM
celrae - You should checkout the Merrell website for some training videos on how to train yourself to run barefoot. You really do have to hold your feet and body differently and it's quite common for newbies to have injuries from improper form. But those Merrell videos are great for learning the proper form!

Link - http://www.merrell.com/US/en/BarefootConnection

you run barefoot??? now THATS HARDCORE!!

peanutt
07-18-2011, 10:29 PM
you run barefoot??? now THATS HARDCORE!!

LOL...not barefoot barefoot. But wearing minimalist shoes that protect your feet from the road/trail but allow your foot to function as if it was barefoot. I tried running barefoot, but did not like it. My DH loves running in his barefoot shoes though. I do wear barefoot shoes for walking and some everyday use though and really like them for that. :dizzy:

munchey
07-18-2011, 10:40 PM
HI EVERYONE!
I'm shopping for a pedometer. Anyone have a particular brand/model they would recommend? I'd like to be more accurate in tracking my miles. I don't want anything large. Just something I could hook onto a bra or waist band.

I already have a nickname picked out for it - Little Sarge.

Munchey

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MILITARY/TroopsFemale.gif

BudgetBaby
07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Celrae - re: writing stuff down, do you mean looking up the calorie amounts (or carb amounts if that's your plan) and writing them down? I keep track of my food on paper. I go by the nutrition label if the item has one. I go to the internet or my paperback calorie counter book ($5 buck investment) if there is no nutrition label.

It works very well and I find it much more convenient than logging food on the computer. Especially if you're cooking a lot. (I cook a lot too.) You can calculate the calories in your recipes very easily and that's going to be more accurate than an amount from an online calorie listing. (Yes, I know there are websites that will let you plug in your recipe and do that arithmetic for you but how tedious!) Go paper. Go paper. Go paper and get on with your life. ;)

Jeanettey
07-18-2011, 10:52 PM
I have an exercise for all of you.

I challenge you all to give it whirl Tuesday.

I call it the BUTT-ER BURN. Have a great Tuesday everyone ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/butterlift.jpg

lovehopefaith
07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Dreamer - I tried to read your posts, but i have no idea what you are talking about.. Maybe add some punctuation or some spaces in between sentences?

Sarge - Haha your awesome!! So many people are deluding themselves. Work hard and you will get results. Period. That's all there is to it!

Budget - I've noticed whenever i journal my food, im more likely to eat healthily because i can't handle the idea of putting bad food down lol.

Courtney - You know that saying actions speak louder than words? ;) Well, I can't wait to see the awesome results you are going to have to report on sunday :P

Rated - Thats great that you have recognised it.. I have used school as an excuse as well.. But at the end of the day, and excuse is an excuse and is just getting in the way of our goals! You can do it!

Kitty - Yay - That's awesome that your skinny jeans fit :P Woohoo!

Jeanettey - Ouch, just tried that. OWWWWWW!! lol

Have done awesome today so far, on track with eating, had a great weekend, haven't broken my eating plan in over 8 days so pretty stoked. I am in a place i have never been before, one where i am absolutely committed. I refuse to make any excuses for myself. Excuses are bull****. I will not let ANYTHING get in the way of my goals!

Resolute
07-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Cheshire : Oh yeah baby... :D still waiting for three of mine. Sorry your time off is dwindling, can at least expect to see your familiar morning checkin though. http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

Was a horrifically hot day, after my walk i weighed in and the scale topped out at 190, i almost fell off of it, i can not even believe it, probably a lot of water weight lost today... still after literally years of fighting with everything i have another goal has been met, this one actually means something to me.

Walked 6.2 miles and biked 3 today for 9.2 total. This week is now 25.4, doesn't seem like i slowed much, ate pretty good also. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif Need to start following through. :mad:

P.S. No one can do it for you... Period. If you want it roll up your sleeves and make it happen.

chickadee32
07-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Holy moses Jeanettey, that image made me hurt just looking at it! LOL.

Saw the Dr for my follow-up this morning, and things are looking good. I'm cleared to return to all my regular activities except exercise (and that other activity that burns calories) - I still have to wait another month for those. Expected, but still a little frustrating. I worked a full day today though and am definitely staying on track food-wise, so I should still be able to make some slow progress. :)

Hope everyone had a great start to the week!

Edit: Resolute, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so freaking thrilled for you!!!!!!! :carrot: :D :jig: :cb: :cp: :dance: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer3: :congrat: :sunny: :broc: :cheer:

I just about fell over when I read that. Congrats!! You so deserve this for all your hard work and dedication. What an amazing accomplishment!! :hug:

peanutt
07-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Yay chickadee! How many weeks out of surgery are you? Two?

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Jeanetty- I LOVE that move! I have a umm rather large bosom so when I feel my back starting to hurt I do that move then I do what is called child's pose. It is AMAZING!!

chickadee32
07-18-2011, 11:32 PM
peanutt - Thank you! Surgery was 6/30, so 2.5 weeks out! I so want this to all improve faster, faster, but progress is a very good thing and I grateful to be making lots of that. :) How are YOU feeling??

rainbowsmiles
07-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Jeanetty- I LOVE that move! I have a umm rather large bosom so when I feel my back starting to hurt I do that move then I do what is called child's pose. It is AMAZING!!

i have a rather really large bosom too, only someone didn't get the memo up above and it got put in the wrong position... in the back bottom end instead of my chest! :rofl:

SMSDREAMER2007
07-18-2011, 11:47 PM
i have a rather really large bosom too, only someone didn't get the memo up above and it got put in the wrong position... in the back bottom end instead of my chest! :rofl:

ahaha I wish I have no a$$ I'm hoping to have one when I get to goal (or at least look like I do) Its all up front (besides the back boobs that are a bit smaller)

BudgetBaby
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Reso - 190! Congratulations

peanutt
07-19-2011, 12:04 AM
peanutt - Thank you! Surgery was 6/30, so 2.5 weeks out! I so want this to all improve faster, faster, but progress is a very good thing and I grateful to be making lots of that. :) How are YOU feeling??

I'm feeling good. Went out of the house for the first time since coming home from the hospital. Walked around Wal-Mart telling hubby what to put in the cart. Picked up a small cantaloupe melon in the produce department and was totally shocked at the size of it! I had to double check with DH that the doctor had said "the size of a cantaloupe" when she came for the post-op visit.

I too want things to get better faster. We drove past a couple out running tonight and I got all jealous of them outside enjoying the beautiful weather with a run. I guess this is a good lesson in patience for impatient me! I'm really eager for the swelling to go down.

peanutt
07-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Reso - I'm so happy for you. Watching your progress has been inspirational and you should feel incredibly proud of all you've accomplished!

MadamButterfly
07-19-2011, 12:36 AM
OH MY, OH MY, OH MY . . .

Soooo much posting . . . I hope there is 1/2 as much BUTT-ER MELTIN' GOIN ON!!!

RESO: :balloons: CONGRATULATIONS :balloons: YOU DA MAN!!!! NOW SMILE DA*N IT!!! . . . :rofl:

Nite everyone . . . tomorrow will be here soon!!!!

chickadee32
07-19-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm feeling good. Went out of the house for the first time since coming home from the hospital. Walked around Wal-Mart telling hubby what to put in the cart. Picked up a small cantaloupe melon in the produce department and was totally shocked at the size of it! I had to double check with DH that the doctor had said "the size of a cantaloupe" when she came for the post-op visit.

I too want things to get better faster. We drove past a couple out running tonight and I got all jealous of them outside enjoying the beautiful weather with a run. I guess this is a good lesson in patience for impatient me! I'm really eager for the swelling to go down.

It's crazy to think that there was something that large in your abdomen. For as much as you've had to go through, I'm really glad you're rid of it - and that your doctors will know to monitor you so that they can detect any future issues long before they become problematic.

I'm happy to hear that you're feeling good and you were able to go out for a while today! I understand the frustration of seeing other people running - I went to the gym the other night and walked very slowly on the treadmill, and was fighting back tears at seeing others do so much more. And I definitely hear you on the swelling.

I really hope your recovery continues to go well. :hug:

MadamButterfly
07-19-2011, 03:16 AM
A LITTLE SOMETHING TO START YOUR MORNING!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLAkDP0sDA&feature=related

AND CHESHIRE, JUST FOR YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOFVmx4PPbI&feature=related

and last but not least . . .

YOU WILL BE YOU IF YOU DON'T GET UP AND MELT SOME BUTT-ER . . . AND I MEAN NOW!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoicurmKQkA&feature=related

:rofl: :rofl:

celrae
07-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Budget- That is very helpful. Logging on the computer is too much work. TY

Peanut- Good advice. I bought the shoes because I just started running and they are perfect for CrossFit activities. It will be adjustment.

chickadee3- Welcome back!! Still start slow and get back your energy.

envelope
07-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Congratulations on hitting 190 RESO!!!

CourtneyDaisey
07-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Congrats Reso! :cheer: You da man!

Although it made me a few minutes later than I had planned, I made my lunch this morning. Salad with romaine lettuce, deli turkey breast, FF strawberry balsamic dressing, and Bacos. Breakfast is a variety of fruit from the break room. And of course water. My husband is actually planning on hitting the gym with me tonight. Sadly no gym last night. The car was on empty and he had the gas card so I had no money to fill up. I had the option of going to the gym and walking the 25 miles back home afterward or going home and working out there. I chose option 2. 30DS and 2 miles of Leslie Sansone. Could have been better but also could have been a whole lot worse.

Hardcore Folks - I am at 290 minutes so far this week. Where are y'all at?

Resolute
07-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Good morning everyone, thankyou so much, can't really believe i only weighed 190 last night, i do try as hard as i can everyday though, even if some days aren't perfect or i catch myself sliding i pull things together to get back on track and keep a positive direction.

It's been somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years since i slowly began my lifestyle overhaul, i knew the time would pass regardless of what i did, i just wanted to make these years something better, i could easily be 400 or more pounds today, it's sad, i'm proud i can hold my head high today and look back on each challenge knowing i might have wavered but i did not fall.

It's gonna be 35 c again today, eek, i might even break into the 180's today. :dizzy:

I pray everyone can find it in them to make their lives better, we will never be perfect ( i know i'm not ) but i am happier and healthier and more alive because of the choices i've made, have a productive day, it might only be one small day but it's a step that can lead to better days or worse days depending on how we treat it, i will once again try my very best.

Cheshirecat
07-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Platoon!!

It's off to work I go again.
I did some hill repeats this morning. Running up hill as fast as I can, then back down and repeat. Whooo. After work is NROL.

I have a banana, carrots and plum as a snack today.

Reso-CONGRATULATIONS!!! 190! My goodness man!

Chickadee-Glad to hear the recovery is going well.

MadamGoo-ber and others:

You better be up and going this morning or an ambush will be waiting for you. Watch your backs!
http://youtu.be/_z26gLYPPA8

spanky
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Morning, Up and AT IT!

Got my plan written down. Got my food packed in to work. Tonight is HIIT weight training.

Y'all have lost some amazing weight. Which is why I joined. I actually left the forum for a while because I was tired of the soft approach and the fuzziness of the thinking and the lack of the doing.

Don't let me down.

Spanks

JayTee
07-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Morning, Up and AT IT!

I actually left the forum for a while because I was tired of the soft approach and the fuzziness of the thinking and the lack of the doing.

Don't let me down.

Spanks

Sarge breaking radio silence only to welcome clear-thinking Spanks and to leave you with this: HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNz0nNZmHI&feature=related

K3LL3Y
07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
:)Wow, 12 hours and I have 4 pages to catch up on. :)

Everyone feeling a bit chatty as usual!:D

Okay, so like usual I have come to you ladies and gent for some advice.

This morning I was entering in my calories for the day and checking my numbers when it hit me. I am no longer a 228lb woman living a sedentary lifestyle.
I am now in fact a 183lb woman living a moderately active lifestyle and maybe my calorie goal of 1600 is no longer appropriate. I have seen small losses lately but they have been very small and a struggle.

Some of you are even more active then I am and more experienced with nutritional balance. Is there a calorie threshold that I should not be going below? I had this all figured out before but I feel like the variables have changed. My fitday calculator is saying 1900-2000 a day for weight loss, but that seems really high.

All help and comments are appreciated:hug:

josey
07-19-2011, 10:40 AM
@Anon - I didn't run again last night! Grrrr! We had a power outage. No power, no treadmill. Honestly, I wasn't too crushed about it unfortunately. I feel quite burned out right now. I think running would help relieve stress but I am also dreading it. I need some vacation or at least a relaxing weekend. The last few months were quite stressful mentally and the last week very exciting so I think I just need a break. Sorry for rambling!

@envelope - I sure let you down on our little side challenge. Sorry! I promise I will restart the engines now. I need to lose a bunch of weight before December and it is time to get crackin'!

Anybody know some exercises I can do while working in the office, sitting in front of the computer?

AnonymouslyYours
07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Morning Platoon,

Just got back from the gym. I had another run-in with the trainer (who I still haven't been able to bring myself to complain about) today and it went much, much better. I asked him about an exercise, he tried to offer an alternative. I listened, waited for him to finish, and then told him I appreciated his input, but would really like to do the exercise I had been assigned. He kind of looked at me funny, then smiled a genuine smile, and said "well all right then" and showed me. I feel like he and I had a breakthrough today. :)

Josey -- Girl, you better get back to it! You definitely don't want to lose the progress you've made, and more than a week of not running and you might regress, so definitely don't wait too long. Maybe you could add a few dumbbell exercises to your workout routine to keep it fresh. I'm doing w9d2 tomorrow, so really, please don't wait too long!! Also, here (http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/29-exercises-you-can-do-at-or-near-your-desk.html)'s an article with a bunch of exercises you can do at or around your desk. (Lots you can do while sitting there, but not all.)

Congrats, Reso! I hate weighing myself after I work out!

New Members -- Can you let me know who you are please? Spanky, I am about to add you to the spreadsheet, but I think there was one more new person?

Everyone, You guys know you can change your preferences on the forum so that it will show more posts per page, right?

josey
07-19-2011, 11:01 AM
@Anon WTG girl on the trainer thingy! Good job on resolving that issue. You are absolutely right, I have to get back to running TONIGHT! Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

diyana
07-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Congrats, Reso! I'm so very happy for you!!

peanutt
07-19-2011, 11:11 AM
K3 - I've had my best and most consistent losses when I do not eat below my current weight's BMR and when my net daily deficit is 750-1000 calories per day. Looks like your BMR is 1600-1650 depending on your age. Instead of concentrating on my daily intake alone, I watch my net daily deficit (which is tracked automatically in MyNetDiary for me). The net daily deficit is calculated by: (maintenance caloric intake for current weight and activity level - calories consumed in a day) + calories burned through exercise. When I'm eating around 1600 calories per day and that deficit is 750-1000 I feel like my metabolism is fired up and working for me. I never feel hungry or unsatisfied and I get the best results on the scale. In using this, if you're more active you're going to be fueling your body more. If you're less active, you're going to be watching your intake more closely. Hope that helps!

CourtneyDaisey
07-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Just got back from my 30 minutes on the office treadmill. :woops: Husband and I are planning on hitting the gym together tonight.

K3LL3Y
07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
K3 - I've had my best and most consistent losses when I do not eat below my current weight's BMR and when my net daily deficit is 750-1000 calories per day. Looks like yours is 1600-1650 depending on your age. Instead of concentrating on my daily intake alone, I watch my net daily deficit (which is tracked automatically in MyNetDiary for me). The net daily deficit is calculated by: (maintenance caloric intake for current weight and activity level - calories consumed in a day) + calories burned through exercise. When I'm eating around 1600 calories per day and that deficit is 750-1000 I feel like my metabolism is fired up and working for me. I never feel hungry or unsatisfied and I get the best results on the scale. In using this, if you're more active you're going to be fueling your body more. If you're less active, you're going to be watching your intake more closely. Hope that helps!
Thank you Peanutt:hug:
I looked over my weeks, and even though I haven't been hungry I am really only getting an average of 1200-1400/day over my weekly average. Obviously this is a much larger deficit then I had thought. I will try to add in an extra healthy snack or additional protein to my mornings and bring that up into a better range.

Sarati
07-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm checking in briefly as I need to be moving more and posting less.

Thanks to everyone who discussed the food logging with me. I forgot who said it but whoever said "Make yourself do it" THANKS!! Even if I don't want to I am going to make myself write it down in my Diet Minder.
I am also going to calculate my calories burned, like peanutt suggests, and see what I come up with.

Sarge it's nice to see you've broken your silence even if ever so briefly.

celrae
07-19-2011, 01:14 PM
peanutt- I just used MyNetDiary and it work very well, much easier than FitDay. I hope logging helps. I will give it a try for the next 4 weeks. Thanks

peanutt
07-19-2011, 01:26 PM
peanutt- I just used MyNetDiary and it work very well, much easier than FitDay. I hope logging helps. I will give it a try for the next 4 weeks. Thanks

Yay! I absolutely love MyNetDiary and think it's one of the best online/app calorie trackers out there (after trying many of them). Good luck! I love the 4 week commitment that you're making to trying something new.

K3LL3Y
07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Yay! I absolutely love MyNetDiary and think it's one of the best online/app calorie trackers out there (after trying many of them). Good luck! I love the 4 week commitment that you're making to trying something new.

Really? I didn't like it. Though I've only tried the free version. I found it confusing and difficult to figure out how to change amounts and select food and add lines. Though I suppose as long as I'm doing it that's all that counts right?

MadamButterfly
07-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Just a quickie to say Hi & Bye, I'm off to work

To my SHREDDERS: Day 2 DONE for this week . . . ARE YOU DOIN' IT??? . . . :D

JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN . . .

peanutt
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Really? I didn't like it. Though I've only tried the free version. I found it confusing and difficult to figure out how to change amounts and select food and add lines. Though I suppose as long as I'm doing it that's all that counts right?

Exactly! Everyone has to find something that works for them.

I do admit that the web interface could be improved....the iPhone app is much easier to use in my opinion. What I like best about it though is the easy tracking of so many different things and the reports/charts you can see of your progress. It was enlightening to compare my weight loss to my carb consumption!

peanutt
07-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Hey platoon! I just heard a great quote on a podcast that made me think of this place....

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

spanky
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Many thanks for the welcome. It's an honor to find and join such a group!

Um, I go the low-tech version. I stick a 3x5 notecard in my pocket in the morning, it's uncomfortable enough in the pocket of my scrubs that I always know its there. In terms of tracking long term metrics, it doesn't. But I never have an excuse not to do it [like, gee, I can't get online today or the batteries wore out--you know!]. If I don't know how many calories I'm about to eat, I don't eat it.

spanks

envelope
07-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Did 5 miles this morning. For the last mile I did repeats on my hill....Yowzers I am feeling it. As I pushed up the hill I kept thinking about how much BUTTer the hill was melting.

diyana
07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
A BIG NSV FOR ME: Despite how stressful the last two days have been, I am staying 100% On Plan in terms of diet and exercise! That's a really big victory for me! I'm eating within my calorie limit AND burning lots of butt-er walking, ball Zumba-ing and lifting at the gym!

I can't promise I'll never resort to emotional eating...but for right now, I'm finding other ways to deal. :D

SMSDREAMER2007
07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Just checking in platoon! lets get that butt-er melting! what can you do today to make tomorrow better?

that's a great nsv diyana! wtg!

josey
07-19-2011, 03:37 PM
@peanutt what's the iphone app called? Is it free? Nice quote btw.

@spanky welcome to the group! low-tech is fine too. Whatever works I guess.

@diyana congrats! Staying on plan and stress can be tough!!

peanutt
07-19-2011, 04:03 PM
@peanutt what's the iphone app called? Is it free? Nice quote btw.

@spanky welcome to the group! low-tech is fine too. Whatever works I guess.

@diyana congrats! Staying on plan and stress can be tough!!

It's called Calorie Counter by MyNetDiary. There is a free version, but I downloaded the paid version to have more functionality. But of course now I can't remember what the differences were. Ha!

josey
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
It's called Calorie Counter by MyNetDiary. There is a free version, but I downloaded the paid version to have more functionality. But of course now I can't remember what the differences were. Ha!

Thanks. Downloading now :-)

rmc9142
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Reporting in with 230 minutes thus far (but the day isn't over)!

Welcome to the new recruits! :wave:

Glad everyone in sick bay is improving; I really admire your commitment to staying the course despite all!

Rated
07-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Anon - I am glad the trainer is coming around. I think you approached it in a really good way, listening to him but then still standing your ground.

diyana - Good job on staying 100% on plan even with the stress. This shows that you are really making a lifestyle change.

I had a good day so far I have my eating under control now and I peeked at the scale and I am down half a pound so far this week. Half way to my pledge:)

KittyKat1465
07-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Checking in! Had a great day.....until I broke my big toe :( Doing great with my eating and looking online for exercises I can do without putting pressure on my foot. Any ideas?

SMSDREAMER2007
07-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Checking in! Had a great day.....until I broke my big toe :( Doing great with my eating and looking online for exercises I can do without putting pressure on my foot. Any ideas?

Chair dips (put your feet on another chair or stool in front of you), sit on the couch and shadow box, sit ups, push ups n your knees (sissy push ups, do it near the couch so you can roll onto the couch to get up) twists, hand weight work, etc.

KittyKat1465
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
What about cardio though? I have been dancing around in my chair at work lol.

chickadee32
07-19-2011, 07:56 PM
What about cardio though? I have been dancing around in my chair at work lol.

Do you belong to a gym? If so, you could do cardio on a stationary bike (use your heel or the center part of your foot on the pedal) or do some swimming with a float between your legs (designed to use just your upper body to propel you). If you don't belong to a gym, there are definitely cardio workouts you could do with a medicine ball (I'm sure youtube has a bunch of videos!), or you could do a modified version of a kickboxing workout (doing mostly just the upper body portions) or something similar. Just a few ideas - I'm sure others have more. :)

Jeanettey
07-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Reso - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/partiers.gif

Diyana - Awesome NSV. That's as good as it gets!!! (I'm an emotional eater)

Hardcore ladies I'm at 330 minutes.

Get movin ladies....Get off the computer and your butt-er...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/group2.jpg

diyana
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
KittyKat - I am rehabbing a back injury and am not allowed to do weight bearing exercise yet. I do Zumba dancing while sitting on an exercise ball. You can also dance while sitting in a chair. I recommend the ball over the chair so that you can roll right and left (in a controlled manner), and you have to engage your core more on the ball than in a chair. Move your arms, wiggle your hips. Lift your legs (either bent or straight). You'll be amazed how much of a cardio workout you can get. I hope you toe heals quickly. Ice and elevation.

KittyKat1465
07-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I don't belong to a gym, but I am signing up for one less than a quarter mile from my house this weekend. No more excuse of not wanting to drive to one! I have a pool so I am going to start doing laps, but I have to wrap my foot in plastic so my wrap doesn't get wet. I am looking into an ab ball as well. I'm not going to get down about my injury. I am just going to use it as a good excuse to learn some new exercises and switch up my routine. Ready to melt some butt-er!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Kitty- The shadow boxing in a chair/couch is the cardio if you do it really fast. ;)

AnonymouslyYours
07-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Platoon, I just read a really great article that is short and I would really like to share with you all:

Eliminate Your Excuses by Reframing Them
You can come up with a thousand reasons why you shouldn't do something, but it can be far more difficult to find one good motivational reason to move you forward. Getting past this problem may be as simple as reframing your excuses to help eliminate them altogether.
So how do you do this? Productivity blog Work Awesome suggests you ask yourself the following questions:

--Are you saying that I should encourage you to fail because your excuse is valid?

--Are you saying that you should encourage me to fail if I have your same excuse?

--Has there ever been someone in history who has succeeded in spite of your excuse?

--How might someone who has succeeded at your goal think about your excuse?

--What's your life going to be like 5 years from now if you believe this excuse?

Ultimately, anything that helps you come to the realization that your excuses are pretty much B.S. will do the trick and these questions should help. Most of the time, your willingness to not do something or just give up is what stops you. So, reframe your excuses so they don't have that kind of power. It might make them easier to eliminate.

Anyway, I really liked that and I tend to come up with lots of excuses in my head and have to actively talk myself out of giving in, so I find this sort of stuff helpful.

Josey -- I hope you finished up week 8 this evening!!!

spanky
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Kitty: Can you stand up? If so you can do squats with legs together and with legs apart. You can do pushups--against the wall if you're new to them.. You can do leg raises from a chair for your abs. Enough of that in a row is a workout, trust me!

diyana--wtg! nothin says "EAT!!!!" quite like stress! Sister!

So.

Pre-Lights Out Report:

HII Strength Training--Done
Calorie Limit = 1300
Calories Consumed = 1260
Fully hydrated.

Duty done 07-19-11 See y'all at Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow!

envelope
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Josey - You can chase after me on our challenge. ;)

pokeycactus
07-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi all! Busy busy day and I'm exhausted on top of it, so just a quickie! :)

MadamB and K3 - Shredding away! I'm sore from Shred AND boxing, so basically I'm just shuffling around like and old person and wincing when I try to sit on the toilet! :lol:

Hardcore ladies - I'm at 420 minutes so far this week, thanks to an extra hour from brazilian butt class!!!

Okay, I'm going to rest my tired, sore BUTT-er on the couch with a book for a few and then it's off to bed for me.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

josey
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
@Anon Yeah baby!! I AM BAAACK!! W8D3 is done! It wasnt too bad. Actually for the fact that i didnt run for a week it was easy. I put a fan up because we had 32C in the room that sure helped. I was a bit anxious about the run and not exactly relaxed. My shoulders got pretty sore but who cares? I finished it!! Thanks for kicking my butt this morning. It sure helped!

@envelope You bet. I am on your heels! Start running.

MadamButterfly
07-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Evening Troops;

Just a quickie, then to bed . . . (LOLOLOL, maybe it should be: To bed, then a quickie . . . Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so funny in my own head)

Spanky: :welcome: Looks like you're already in the swing of things

Diyana: WTG on staying strong

KittyKat: Looks like you have LOTS of ideas for that BIG TOE . . .

Josey: WTG on your C25K, W8 :)

Pokey: Maybe you can borrow SARGE's walker :rofl:

Peanut & Chickadee: Hope you two are recovering and feeling better everyday :hug: :hug:

Anon; Nice article, makes soooooo much sense

OK, TOMORROW IS HUMP DAY, SO HIT THE RACK BECAUSE REVILLE COMES EARLY 'ROUND HERE . . .

Reso: :wave: :hug: No post tonight :(

Sarati
07-20-2011, 12:41 AM
I love Sparkpeople.com but I'm not always available near a computer and I don't have a smart phone. I have a diet journal I just need to use it.

Today was day 1 writing down, with complete honesty, what I ate. I'll just do the same thing tomorrow.

I want to wish a special get well soon to those of you in sick bay. It takes a strong person to continue to do chair aerobics with broken toes and jacked up backs! Keep up the inspiring work ~

JoyfulVegGirl
07-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Just a quick post before I go to bed. Man, what a day. I am SO SORE. Our river guide was a slave driver! Ok, not really, but he was a friend of a friend so he gave us the "authentic experience", which translated to really intense rapids and rock climbing hikes. So much fun.

You know what's WORSE than seeing a bad picture of yourself? Seeing a bad picture of yourself in a WETSUIT. It was ugly. The second he pulled out the wetsuit I knew it would be trouble. I keep waiting for all of this hard work to show up in pictures, but so far it's just me noticing the little changes. At least it fit (somewhat).

I fully planned on coming home and shredding tonight, but I just got back, so I'm calling it a night. Still on track for 5 days this week, but I might try for the elusive "double shred" tomorrow.

Reso, wow, I am really amazed by your transformation, but also your attitude. Seriously, congratulations. You have more than earned this.

KittyKat, oh no! I broke my big toe a few months ago. It sucks. Honestly, after about a week the elliptical was my best friend, although you have to be careful. Boxing and modified pushups/dips are also great. Heck, after 2 weeks I was doing modified yoga. Just keep mixing it up and don't let it derail you.

Ok, big day tomorrow. 'Night all.

UrthWurm
07-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Just a quick check-in to share my progress.

Hardcore Total: 311 minutes.

Keep :running: ladies!

KittyKat1465
07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Ok so I woke up this morning and I was down to 238!!!! This is huge for me. Not only is that 25+ lbs down, but that is the weight I got down to the last time I decided to lose weight and then I just gave up. I know this time is different and I have really committed to myself. Thanks to everyone on 3FC that keeps me motivated :) Let's melt some more butt-er today!

Resolute
07-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Good morning, missed yesterday evening - bleh, was so hot i was just exhausted, should be cooler today thankfully.

So walked my 6.2 and biked my 3 yesterday for a total of 9.2 and 34.6 miles so far this week. Once again i ate a lttle more than i wanted to, need to get a hold of this now. :mad:

I'm sorry i don't post more personals, there are so many people in this collective now it is a little daunting, i do read every post which takes considerable time as is, it's nice to see others succeed, i definately feel pride when anyone achieves a goal they have fought for.

Have a good day, will hopefully be less wiped this evening.

Cheshirecat
07-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Good Morning Guys!

This will have to be real quick, I need to get out the door.
5 miles run this morning. It was great! Pushed a little more because I know I can go faster I just let myself fall into the slower easier pace.

Banana, plum and granola bar coming with me for a snack.

Make it happen people. Hump day is here and it want's your sweat!

JayTee
07-20-2011, 08:56 AM
PLEASE READ!

Listen up troops! Today is the day Sarge has chosen to drop the hammer and I suspect a few in the platoon will decide to resign their commission.

Let me re-iterate the rules of this platoon. From page 1 of every new thread we start:

---Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

There are many days when that last rule gets violated here. There are a gazillion other threads on 3FC where those looking for soft support can go and hug it out with the masses.

Perhaps someone reading this right now will finally have had enough of Sarge and start a thread called Sarge is an A** and I want out! Sarge can live with that.

To that end, you all should know that a couple of people will no longer be participating on our thread. I will update the pledge board and all the side challenges on Sunday so if you want out while the getting is good that's ok. If you're missing a friend or two on the thread, PM them and have a great time bashing Sarge.

For the time and energy I put into this thread, I should not be the one putting a muzzle on my mouth. So from now on, this thread is for hardcore people who put in 100% effort every day and are 100% committed to their goals.

Happy Wednesday!

JayTee
07-20-2011, 09:14 AM
On a happier note, in Sarge's radio silence he was remiss in not congratulating:

1) From the BL threads:
Biggest Loser Blue Team -- Bnhtla06, -5.5lbs, -2.78%
Biggest Loser Red Team -- peanutt -5.59lbs, -3.15%

2) Reso-- 210 lbs. lost!!! Need I say more?!?!

3) To all those posting such huge losses last week! Some seriously good numbers last week from all that hard work!

P.S. Joyful -- You won't last a day in the Fitocracy top spot!

Also, here's a good article: "10 Ways to Work in Effective Workouts," http://www.everydayhealth.com/fitness/motivation/tips/being-active.aspx?xid=nl_MyCalorieCounterNewsletter_2011 0720

Jeanettey
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm in Sarge!!! 110% given this week so far.......

Have a happy hump it out day!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/wetlog.jpg

JayTee
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Excellent Jeanettey-- Giving 110% every day will make reaching your goal easier than you think!

MadamButterfly
07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
HAPPY, HAPPY
HUMP IT,
HUMP IT,
HUMP IT
DAY!

WOOOOO HOOOO . . . SARGE is back in the house, now it's really time to rock it out this week . . . :D

OK, I think it's hotter here, than in ARIZONA . . . :yikes: C25K (35 min) done with modifications for Warrior Dash . . . don't worry Sarge, I'm logging it ALL ON FITOCRACY . . OH, wait til next week when I can let loose . . . :devil:

Shredders; sorry not shredding today . . . I've had restrainers put on my . . . ummmmmmmm, EXERCISE OUTPUT . . . but fear not, Saturday will come and go and the MADAMBGOOEYJELLYBEAN POOPIN MACHINE WILL BE RELEASED TO CLIMB TO THE TOP OF SHREDDERS AND FITOCRACY . . . :dance:

Oh whoever was going to do the DOUBLE SHRED, I always do the harder one first when I do doubles, believe me, you'll be happy you did!!! I've done double shreds a few times :)

Reso: So understand not doing all the personals . . . I try to hit a few highlights and hope everyone understands :wave:

OK, SHOWER TIME . . .

lovehopefaith
07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Sarge - I'm pretty new to the platoon but just want to say it's really refreshing to have someone who doesn't put up with all the bull**** excuses we as humans come up with.

Keep it up!

Happy with my progress this week, weight is coming of, exercise is good!! Lets go team!

envelope
07-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I am in.
:0)

Morning jog DONE.

JayTee
07-20-2011, 10:27 AM
See now, these last few posts are THE KIND OF POSTING Sarge lives for!!!!

Keep it up ladies! Sarge off to beat Gooey and Joyful at their own Fitocracy reindeer games!

P.S. to the newcomers...there is a Sarge's No Excuse group on Fitocracy.com where you earn points for exercise and continuously seek to level up. Check it out and join in if it's something that interests you.

josey
07-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I am in too!

AnonymouslyYours
07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm in.

Morning, Platoon.

Just got out of the shower. Morning workout was a successful and sweaty one. I can't believe I've almost finished c25k.

Josey -- Finished w9d2. Glad to hear you finished week 8! I thought w9d2 was harder than w9d1, but I always seem to find the second workout of the week harder than the first. Maybe because the excitement of starting a new week is gone.

Rated -- Thank you! I am glad things are getting better with him. Glad to hear you're eating well! Keep it up! :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic day focusing on their fitness!

josey
07-20-2011, 11:05 AM
@Anon Woohoo! Good job!! I really have to work on catching you now. The D2 is always, always the hardest. Not sure why though.

AnonymouslyYours
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Also, somebody made a bunch of changes to the spreadsheet this morning (or last night), which resulted in our "platoon total" sheet becoming corrupt. I had to delete it and will spend a few hours today putting it back together. Please do not make any changes other than to your individual page. DO NOT TRY TO CREATE PAGES. If you think something is wrong with your page, if you are new and are not on the sheet yet, or if you are on it and would like to be removed, PLEASE TELL ME.

pokeycactus
07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
MadamB - Eeeeesh! I've been seeing the news about the heat wave. Sorry you have to put up with it! It's only 92 here right now (8 am), and only supposed to climb to 110. Not too shabby. And, I'm so jazzed to hear about your Warrior Dash!!!! Wooohoo!!!!

Sarge! Hooray! I for one appreciate the BUTT-er kickings you administer. I didn't lose weight before because I've been pandered to - "You gained weight because muscle weighs more than fat" or "It's okay to have one bad day - we're not perfect" which turns into two bad days, then three, then four....I'm the one who made myself fat, I'm the only one that can make myself thin. I like your kick@ss bootcamp :)

Reso - I don't think I've congratulated you yet on your newest big victory!!! Way to go! 210 pounds is incredible, be proud!

As for me, I'm working hard this week. There is a pair of shoes that I am craving, but won't be getting until I hit 199. I waaaaaaant them in the worst way. :) Boxing this morning was hardcore - LOTS of pushups, weighted squats, weighted lunges, suicide runs, and bag work. I'm still all shaky and I got home nearly an hour ago!

Has anyone ever played racquetball before? I'm interested in trying, but don't know if it's a good workout, if I'll hit myself in the face, etc. :lol:

celrae
07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I am in!

Spanky- Note cards are great, my husband uses them for collecting ideas.

diyana- Way to go!

RMC- Nice #'s

Anon- Excuses don't work, just fix the problem.

Sarati- If you would like to do a 30 day challenge for logging food I would love the company. I am on day 2 and using MyNetDiary.

Urth- WOW!

K3LL3Y
07-20-2011, 12:26 PM
I wasn't getting any 3FC e-mails today so I decided to come over and see what was going on>

:drill:Sarge is back baby!!! :drill:

Way to kick start everyone's commitment Sarge.

I tend to not bother listing my exercises and nutrition on here anymore because I'm already documenting it all elsewhere, but I would like to re-affirm my platoon oath here with everyone else.

"I solemnly swear to seriously kick my own @$$ every day from now until I reach my goal. I also swear to maintain this active lifestyle FOREVER. There is no time limit to this commitment. This is my life and I plan on living it."
:D

AnonymouslyYours
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&authkey=CIOe6aQF&hl=en_US#gid=71) is back up and fixed.

Spanky -- Please click on that link, find your individual page at the bottom, click on it, fill in the blue cells, and the purple ones if you are tracking miles trekked and minutes exercised. On Sunday, fill in the pink cells.

Celrae -- What?

K3LL3Y
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Celrae -- What?

Anon, I think she was agreeing with the article you posted. Also, thank you for all the organization you've done on the spreadsheets. They have been very helpful for me to keep track of everything on here :)

JayTee
07-20-2011, 12:52 PM
OMG...re: the spreadsheet...could it be tongue-in-cheek humor there Celrae?!?!? If so, what a riot!

Also, Amen & Hallelujah you re-affirmers!!!

Sarati
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm in!

Celrae you bet. I'm on day 2 of journaling my food. I was extra careful yesterday because I didn't want to write down anything that I didn't want to see later.

Okay I'm off to give Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk a go!

diyana
07-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm so in! This group is awesome and so inspiring!! And I know I'm more committed to staying OP and working harder since I've joined the Platoon! Thanks Sarge and everyone!!

I know that due to my back injury/rehab, I can't work at the same level most of you are...but I'm committed to giving it 110%.

BTW...today's lunch choice in the cafeteria (since I have to get to the grocery store for brown-bagging type food)...tacos with refried beans and rice or salad bar. I haven't had Mexican food in awhile so......

I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MY SUPER YUMMY, HEALTHY SALAD!!

After work today, it's to the waterpark at the gym to walk against the current in the lazy river. Perfect non-weight-bearing exercise for a hot day like today. :D :swim:

envelope
07-20-2011, 01:00 PM
OMG...re: the spreadsheet...could it be tongue-in-cheek humor there Celrae?!?!? If so, what a riot!

I think it is and I am CRACKING UP!

betharooni
07-20-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm a newbie and still tryin to figure this site out but I'm serious as a heart attack! (and don't wanna HAVE one!) ...so count me in! =)

JayTee
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Welcome betharooni--You picked a heck of a day to enlist, but someone who says they are as "serious as a heart attack" about losing weight is welcome to enlist no matter what day it is. Work hard for the rest of this week and then on Sunday just follow the others in pledging how much weight you WILL lose the following week. My advice is to low ball a pledge. You don't want to encounter the wrath of Sarge!

celrae
07-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&authkey=CIOe6aQF&hl=en_US#gid=71) is back up and fixed.

Spanky -- Please click on that link, find your individual page at the bottom, click on it, fill in the blue cells, and the purple ones if you are tracking miles trekked and minutes exercised. On Sunday, fill in the pink cells.

Celrae -- What?

I was affirming your earlier post sorry if it was not clear. Thanks for the no excuse post.

rainbowsmiles
07-20-2011, 01:20 PM

yeah i was cracking up....reminded me of a time when someone posted a red thread onto a blue thread by mistake and all H3LL broke out hahaha count me in...i need severe a$$kick sir!!

pokeycactus
07-20-2011, 01:26 PM

:lol: Too funny.

Okay, so tomorrow night, I am RACQUETBALLING! If that's really how you say it...my best friend and I are going to try racquetball for the first time tomorrow night. All of the websites I've looked at say that it's a good workout. Those who know me know that I am not the most coordinated...so this should be good. :lol:

JayTee
07-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Rainbow--Yeah, don't even get me started on that! What made me take back the reins on this thread was that we were asked to be more supportive and accepting of teammates gaining weight or leave...so we left and started this thread. I don't think it possible to be asked to leave your own thread, but you never know! :)

josey
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Rainbow--Yeah, don't even get me started on that! What made me take back the reins on this thread was that we were asked to be more supportive and accepting of teammates gaining weight or leave...so we left and started this thread. I don't think it possible to be asked to leave your own thread, but you never know! :)

Geez, I am glad I am on this thread then. I need serious butt kicking no coddling.

betharooni
07-20-2011, 01:36 PM
uh...yes SIR! =)

K3LL3Y
07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
uh...yes SIR! =)

Don't worry beth, everyone here is really supportive. We just don't let you get down on yourself or give up on your goals. It's a great troop and they really help you stay motivated and successful. :D

IrishKat
07-20-2011, 01:59 PM
I guess a lot happened while I was gone? Sarge sounded mad. I need to read the other thread and catch up. I am sorry I haven't posted. I had computer trouble and could not go online. I was very sore on Sunday after working on my feet so much last week so that was a rest day. I made myself work out every day after that. It hurt but I feel better now. I have done the wii active game every day and will walk on the youtube video today after the game. I have done better on my food. I got a notebook to keep in my bag to write my food in.

MadamButterfly
07-20-2011, 02:16 PM
A flying quickie as I head to work

betharooni: :welcome3: AND the phrase is "SIR, YES SIR SARGE" . . . LOLOLOLOL . . . SO START HUMPIN' YOUR BUTT-ER PRIVATE 'CAUSE IT'S HUMP DAY !!! :D Oh I love new recruits!!!

Anon, Celrae, Pokey, Rainbow and SARGE: I just want you ALL TO NOTE THAT I SAW THAT "SPREADSHEET" AND I DIDN'T EVEN GO THERE . . . BUT SINCE YOU OPENED UP THAT CAN OF WORMS . . . . . . LOLOLOLOL. Oh the things my head has been thinking :o . . . :dizzy: :o

Pokey: And RACQUETBALLING . . . I can't EVEN go there :o :o :o Oh and UMMMMM, BE CAREFUL . . . LOLOLOLOL THOSE LITTLE BALLS GO REALLY FAST . . .

EDIT: diyana; you just keep doing what you're capable of . . . that's all that SARGE asks and you're doing that . . . NOT EVEN SARGE would want you to do things to cause injury to yourself or anyone else . . .

My last night of work until Saturday, (hang on FITOCRACY PLAYERS) AND the weather may have a heat index of LESS THAN 120 degrees tomorrow . . . THANK GOODNESS!!! Running in this heat has given me a headache EVERYDAY . . .

NOW GET OUT THERE

AND

HUMP YOUR BUTT-ER!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Sir, yes sir! I am here to stay! Just umm slept in this AM ahahahha. Slowly trying to get better on my bike so I have given up my walks in favor of 2-3 mile bike rides (however I get before I pass out really). I think I need ot get a seat cover or something cause my a$$ hurts when I ride my bike...maybe I am just too heavy still who knows.

Jeanettey
07-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Here's a Hump day quickie.....:lol3:

I have a weekend challenge for anyone who would like to go for it.

I am calling it the BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA......ring any bells

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/stripesboom.jpg

Here's the challenge, You have the next three days to complete it. Do it all at once or split it up as you please. Just try to complete the whole thing by Saturday evening. Be sure and post if your going for it or at least if you accomplish it.

BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

50 LUNGES
50 PUSH UPS
50 CRUNCHES
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALVE LIFTS

See my post #86 for butter burners. Calve lifts are: you stand erect with your hands lightly on something for balance and you lift up onto the balls of your feet and then back down again.

Anyone with, legitimate, injuries can substitute any exercise they are unable to do with more of another one.

That's it. Getter done!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I'll take that challenge jeanettey!

AnonymouslyYours
07-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm in, Jeanettey. I need to add minutes one way or another!

Oh, and MadamB -- A flying Quickie?!?! Whoah, you must be capable of things I've never seen! hahaha :P

KittyKat1465
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Joined the gym by my house today!!!! Start with a trainer tomorrow. He going to start me on some workouts I can do till my foot heals and then we can move up to the big boy stuf!!!! LOL I've already lost 5lbs this weeks so you girls in the "First to 15lbs" challenge better hustle!!!!!!

celrae
07-20-2011, 05:46 PM
50 LUNGES
50 PUSH UPS (girl style)
50 CRUNCHES (full sit-up)
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALVE LIFTS (each leg 50)

Done Sir!:carrot:

rmc9142
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow, did I pick the wrong day for a late check-in!!

Glad to see order restored in the platoon. As my kids say, "Don't go near Mom with WHINE, unless it's in a glass!" I have a pathetically low tolerance.

Sarge, I am soooo in!

Plugging along with 320 minutes thus far this week. I have a three day weekend though, so don't count me out of the race! :D

Jeanettey, I am picking up your throw down! Will report when mission is accomplished.

I've pretty much stepped away from fitocracy. I WANT to participate, but I think I'm better off sticking with what's working for me. Not to mention, I signed up for my first 5K in early September, so I'm going to be concentrating a bit more on running. :running:

I like that my clothes are fitting better, etc. But, I'm LOVING my new muscles.

KittyKat1465
07-20-2011, 06:19 PM
50 push ups (girly stlye) - CHECK
150 crunches - CHECK
50 butter burners - CHECK
50 calve lifts (left side only) - CHECK

No lunges or calves lifts on my right foot due to my foot, but hustled up on the crunches!

UrthWurm
07-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Sarge, you couldn't get rid of me if you tried! :lifter: I'm in it to win it!

Jeanettey, you're on!! I'll take that challenge. Will report back when completed.

Running a bit behind today, but I'm ready to go kick some boo-tay!! (My own, that is.) Heading to the gym first thing, maybe some more B-Ball later today, and I'm really hoping the sun stays long enough for me to catch a swim! Check back in later troops!

K3LL3Y
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Here's a Hump day quickie.....:lol3:

I have a weekend challenge for anyone who would like to go for it.

I am calling it the BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA......ring any bells

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/stripesboom.jpg

BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

50 LUNGES
50 PUSH UPS
50 CRUNCHES
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALVE LIFTS

Oooooo, A Challenge!!!! :devil:
More points for my Fitocracy race :)

READY, SET, GO!!!:wl:

KittyKat1465
07-20-2011, 07:55 PM
I, Kat, pledge to lose this weight and lose it for good. I will give 110% every minute of every day and I will not make excuses for my weakness. I want this, and nothing/nobody is going to stop me!!!!!!! Let's go!

Jeanettey
07-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Celrae and Kitty Kat - It's a weekend challenge for Thursday thru Saturday

so what you did today doesn't count. :nono:

You will have to do it again tomorrow.

:hyper: OOOOOOOOOOOO ........Just kidding. :rofl:

You go girls. :cheer2::cheer2:

That is sooooooooooooo awesome that you already accomplished it. :encore:

KittyKat1465
07-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Lol, I was about to say. I just sweat my butt off! But since I took that as a challenge I will do that same routine every day through Saturday! ;)

Jeanettey
07-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Kitty Kat - Way to go!!!!!!!!! Now that will melt some butter!!!

Now that's dedication!!!! No excuses here!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/pushups.jpg

SMSDREAMER2007
07-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I did it!!! It almost killed me, but I did it!!!

chickadee32
07-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Busy, busy day on this thread!

Sarge, please count me in unless you'd prefer I leave. I AM one of those touchy-feely sorts, but that doesn't extend to my own efforts - I am, and have always been, 100% committed to those. I will keep my nicey-type comments to others to a minimum.

Calorie intake has been 100% on target so far this week. That's about all I have to report today. :)

Hope everyone has had a great day.

Sarati
07-20-2011, 09:11 PM
So far so good, everything recorded and I still have a snack to go!

spanky
07-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Reporting in!

Calories on board:1050 [just not hungry today...]

50 LUNGES [per leg]
50 PUSH UPS (girl style)
50 CRUNCHES
50 CALVE LIFTS (each leg 50)

Challenge =Done.......

Except for the 50 BUTTER BURNERS =I don't know how to find Post#86 from Lynetty "MAY I PLEASE BE ENLIGHTENED SIR, SO I CAN GO ON WITH THE COMPANY SIR!!????

Please advise, standing by.

Spanky

JayTee
07-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey Troops! Really nice to read about everyone working so hard and picking up the gauntlet on some new challenges!

Chick--like a told a few others (mostly in PMs to those who wrote privately to inquire)...nicey-nice and celebratory comments are always appreciated. What I'm trying to avoid is some of the extraneous stuff.

A perfect case in point, recently Peanutt went in for emergency surgery. She posted some quick info and suggested anyone who wanted more details could just click on her blog which some of us did. In my mind that was a perfect way to handle that situation.

I've had a couple of people PM me recently asking me to get so & so to shut up. I've had one suggest I be more compassionate. I can't please everyone all the time but I can say that my intent is to let this be the one thread on 3FC where you've got to be one determined son-of-a-gun to do the work you need to change your life.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Have a great evening all! Tomorrow we get up and start all over again!

:drill

JayTee
07-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Prvt. Spanky--There is a little number in the upper right hand corner of each post. Go back to page 3 of this thread, post #86 submitted by Jeanettey. There you'll find a diagram of the exercise she refers to.

spanky
07-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Mission Complete:

50 + 10 extra [for being slow to catch on] = 60 Buttr Burners done!

That was a serious Bun Warmin--Yeooow!

Nitey Dang Nite to all. Spank

SMSDREAMER2007
07-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Spanky - I get like that too. Today and monday I had a hard time getting to 1200 cals (Im sitting at 9 something atm) but yes I was ravenous...I had 1500 cals and wanted more but told myself no, I have to beat my challengers to 100 days completely on plan hehehe.

lovehopefaith
07-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Jeanettey - mission completed and OUCH lol

Super busy with school - first week back and assignments are ROLLING in, so havent had a chance to reply to everyones posts!

Exercise has been great, food is great, expecting a great weigh in! Putting in work = results

Jeanettey
07-20-2011, 11:30 PM
WOW!! WAY TO GO LADIES.

I am very excited about the weekend challenge and it's only wednesday.

Congratulations to the platoon members who have completed......

BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

Celrae :woohoo:
KittyKat :woohoo:
Dreamer :woohoo:
Spanky :woohoo:
Lovehope :woohoo:

:congrat: Thank you for participating in my weekend challenge :carrot:

rainbowsmiles
07-21-2011, 12:19 AM
BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

50 LUNGES
50 PUSH UPS
50 CRUNCHES
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALVE LIFTS

That's it. Getter done!!!

mission accepted....raised by 2.42 mins of all out wild boom shaka laka laka tina turner shaking and dancing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVe_gh0BWNA&feature=related

mission accomplished....ok so that was just what the dr. err...sarge...and jeanetty ordered!!!

found this...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/butt-lift-bridge

my butt-er is burn-n...whew!!!:o

ok so i know this was a weekend challenge, but why put off to the weekend what you can do today right!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Okay troops. I don't know if any of you are still awake but I need a swift kick in the arse. I am craving like crazy!! I don't know what for or why I just know I am craving!

rainbowsmiles
07-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Okay troops. I don't know if any of you are still awake but I need a swift kick in the arse. I am craving like crazy!! I don't know what for or why I just know I am craving!

you're craving MORE FITOCRACY...now GO DO IT!!! :D
DO IT....NOW....!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-21-2011, 12:32 AM
HAHA rainbow that sounds like a god idea!! Wonder what else I could do. Might only be able to do crunches (My muscles are shaking from the weekend challenge). Hmmm maybe that will help me get my mind off food.

MadamButterfly
07-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Dreamer,

Try a banana with Peanut butter, it always fills me up (about 1 TBLSP of peanut butter) 200 calories (give or take a few) and you said you were only in the 900's for calories . . . NOT ENOUGH and probably why you're craving now!! Or some watermelon (this fills me up, but it doesn't last) no bananas, then an apple with PB, spread it on or dip it in . . . whatever tickles your fancy . . . sorry tired and my mind isn't so sharp this late . . .

this is what works for me . . . also a cup of hot tea with honey & lemon works for some

or drink enough water that you can hear/feel it slosh around in your tummy . . . LOLOLOL

SMSDREAMER2007
07-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the tip madam I will try it! I did manage to get up into the 1200's later this evening where I should be which is why I didn't want to eat, that and I try not to eat after 8 pm. I might have to though. The crunches helped a bit and I am downing the water ;) I think I will try an apple and peanut butter, that actually sounds a lot better than cookies which sounded good about an hour ago!

Ksquared
07-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Wooo! What a activity filled week!

Monday I got my Yoga ball and I did about 100 Crunches and some other little things to try it out. Had a great time with that.

Tuesday I delivered ice. I run an ice plant and we deliver ice around the neighboring towns. This includes bagging 8 pound bags of ice, stacking them. Then when we deliver the ice this means alot of twisting, lifting, tossing, squatting, stacking and all sorts of fun aerobic work outs. I LOVE that job. Then I did 120 crunches on my yoga ball and some push ups with it.

Now today, which is Wednesday, I worked an 6 hour shift, then went and played 18 holes of golf. Walked the whole thing. Had a nice salad for dinner. I am making this post them hoping on to the ball for some crunches.

Tomorrow is another ice delivering day and 7 hours of work.

Friday I will likely clean the house.

Saturday I will be going horseback riding with a friend and then off for some midnight bowling with a bunch of friends.

Sunday, shall be a day of rest. Or I will be in a coma of exhaustion!

My 4 pound pledge might have been a little over achieving, I am pretty sure I am not going to make that. I think next time I should pledge in inches. It seems that my body likes to build muscle and firm and tone then it likes to burn fat. I seem to lose inches rather then weight. Which really I am fine with, if everything firms and tones up and what not I don't really care what my weight is. However I am sure the weight will melt off as more and more fat turns into muscle.

Boy am I sore and aching for some more. I haven't had this much fun in Ages! Might buy myself some clubs and start hitting the links or driving range more often.

kurisitaru
07-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Sorry for not checking in! For a small amount of time!

I was in the hospital for a loooooong time with my room mate the other day and today I was cleaning up blood from carpets almost all day. (Still working on it).
My room mate had issues with her heart, but it's nothing life threatening or really anything to worry about. I had to wait 10 hours to learn that news. ><
My dog got a deep cut from my cat this morning so I learned that he bled EVERYWHERE. Poor thing. I had to clean him up and I've been scrubbing white carpets all day. I don't think all the stains are coming out....... UGH
I may attempt the 30 day shred today still.
I am happy with myself though. I managed to stay on plan these past two days even if I was stuck in a hospital. After about 2 hours in the waiting room I told my room mate I was going for a walk and walked laps around the hospital for about 40 minutes. At lunch I left her again to go to a near by concession stand, and even though I REALLY wanted the chocolates and the snack food. I settled for some nuts and a Cesar salad with the dressing on the side.
Did a short short bike ride today as well.

Now, I did see Sarge was cutting some people, and I was wondering, do we get a PM if we are annoying others?
I hope I don't have any sob stories annoying people. Like, I was proud of the fact that even though I was stuck in a Hospital for 10 hours, I still stayed on plan and got some walking in.
I also LOST weight all ready. Even though I wasn't as hard core in the working out department (skipped the SHRED the other day and plan on attempting it today if I don't pass out first), I LOST weight all ready! I'm just happy about that. ^^

Tomorrow I have a relative coming in, so I plan to wake up early and do the SHRED first thing. We're going out so I'm eating a LIGHT LIGHT breakfast so I can have a decent meal when we go out. ^0^

Ksquared
07-21-2011, 02:23 AM
BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

50 LUNGES - I do these the last 5 minutes of my cool down on the treadmill. (Not done today)
50 PUSH UPS - 50 done tonight.
50 CRUNCHES - Over acheieved with 140 tonight. 120 last night
50 BUTTER BURNERS - 50 done tonight.
50 CALVE LIFTS - 50 done tonight.

JoyfulVegGirl
07-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Ohhh Sarge, you're not getting rid of me THAT easily. I am fully commited... to kicking butt-er on Fitocracy.

But seriously, I am finally ready to get to goal, and I have a couple of VERY good reasons for getting there. I am focused and fired up, and I never back down from a challenge. Count me in!

Speaking of which, gonna Boom Shacka Lacka first thing tomorrow, so I'd better get some sleep.

UrthWurm
07-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Completed:
25 mins Cycling
60 mins Swimming
30 mins Shooting Hoops
25 mins Strength Training

Hardcore Total as of 7/20: 451 minutes

Goodnight Platoon! :dz: :yawn: See you all maņana!

K3LL3Y
07-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Jeanettey! Thank you for the extra challenge last night. Completing those extra sets after my 30dayshred helped me Level up in Fitocracy :)
BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

50 LUNGES - Done
50 PUSH UPS - Done
50 CRUNCHES - Done
50 BUTTER BURNERS - Done
50 CALVE LIFTS - Done

For the extra points, I may repeat the routine while I watching TV tonight :D

Cheshirecat
07-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Happy Morning All

Love the challenge and the commitment going on.
Keep at it.
I just finished my NROL workout and I"m going to go eat a banana for a snack.

http://www.notcot.com/images/nike2.jpg

JayTee
07-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Morning Troops! It's a beastly hot day here at Sarge's Happy Place Boot Camp!

To those who have been PM'ing and/or curious, Sarge isn't slicing and dicing his way through the platoon or pledge board...this isn't wait til Sunday to see if you're on the callback list to stay at bootcamp. All matters have been resolved so let's move on. However, I did find Kuri's concept of PM'ing people if "they are annoying others" somewhat intriguing...:)

Anyways, some seriously nice workouts getting done! Thankfully Chesh continues to provide us with motivational posters so let's get out there and DO IT!

mya
07-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Good morning platoon, good morning Sarge! I'm sure you'll be happy to know I'm very sore today :D

50 LUNGES: on each side, done.
50 PUSH UPS: on knees, done.
50 CRUNCHES: sit-ups, done.
50 BUTTER BURNERS: done.
50 CALVE LIFTS: I'm adding dumbbells next time. All done.

I'm starting C25K this week, tomorrow is W1D3. I am not a runner, but I want to be. Also did 30DS yesterday. :lifter:
Small NSV: this morning I did 55 minutes of kickboxing on the Wii Biggest Loser game, in level 4 (hard) and I survived it! 22 lbs ago, I would do 55 minutes on level 2 (moderate) and I could barely strech by end because I was shaking so much. :exercise: :exercise: :exercise:

This hardcore girls are unbelievable, I hope I can keep up with you girls someday.

JayTee
07-21-2011, 09:46 AM
For those hooked on Fitocracy, thought you'd enjoy an article and photo of the two founders who have driven us to insanity trying to earn points: http://www.betabeat.com/2011/06/07/seeking-angels-fitocracy-hits-16k-users-with-6k-more-on-wait-list-invites/

envelope
07-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Morning All!

Reso where are you? Hope the heat has not gotten to you.

Mya - I was not a jogger before I started C25K, but by the time I finished it I was. I am now training for a 1/2 marathon and a few other races.

ETA - Wow! Not sure what I was expecting, but definately not the standard interview the owner / business man photo.

diyana
07-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Last night was another fabulous workout at the Y's indoor waterpark!! I walked for 45 minutes in the lazy river against the current....and the current seemed much stronger last night than on previous days! A perfect workout for a hot day!

Jeanettey - I am so in for the Boom Shack A Lacka Lacka challenge. You can get be sure I'll get it done (maybe even today!).

AnonymouslyYours
07-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Morning Platoon,

I just did squats again for the first time since I quit doing crew. Holy cow, my legs feel like jello and I did not think I would be able to walk home from the gym! It was kind of sad because I feel like I can barely lift any weight now. But not for long because it's only up from here. (Up on the weight I'm lifting, down on the weight I'm carrying :P)

50 (weighted) calf raises -- Done

Chesh -- I really, REALLY like that one!

Mya -- I was never a runner either (even when I was in really good shape for other sports) but I am going to finish c25k on Saturday, and I think I am a runner now. I can run for 30 minutes now. I can say "I'm going for a run" and actually go for a pretty decent run. So definitely stick with it, lots of the platoon have done or are doing the program. I cannot recommend it enough, I am telling all my friends to give it a try.

Sarge -- I found out two days ago that one of my friends who I went to the Governor's Honors Program with in highschool is REALLY good friends with those two founders of Fitocracy. I updated my FB status about Fitocracy and he commented telling me he would let the founders know about my complaint. Apparently, they all went to UPenn together. (I promise I seriously had no idea about this when I introduced Fitocracy to the forum.) Crazy small world! Cool fact, though, they were both out of shape (one was weak and skinny, the other weak and fat) and they worked out a lot in college and it became a passion of theirs and that's what inspired them to create the site.

Jeanettey -- I will do butt crunches and push-ups later tonight! Thanks for the challenge!

Have a great day, everybody!

BudgetBaby
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Quick check in. Nothing much to say except I AM STILL ON PLAN! Woot.

And I am very happy about it. It is wootable.

Hoping for a good number on Sunday.

Sarati
07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I've completed 2 days of food journaling. I was even able to squeeze some popcorn in for an evening snack.

Today I will make myself journal my food intake for day 3.

I am also going to give the 50 W00T Weekend challenge a try. I am going to do 50 each by the end of the day, separate from any other exercises I do.

I hear all ya'll on the heatwave that you're dealing with. I'm in the PNW where it is 64* and overcast. We're expecting a high of 71* ~ Great outside weather.

Well I'm off to the dog park with dogs and 15 year old son to do a quick 2 miles. My son is 5'11 and a brown belt in karate. He is a great pacer for me because his legs are so dang long but I can keep up, really I CAN!

KittyKat1465
07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Tried to join Fitocracy but it said I needed to wait for an invite code :'( Hope I can join ya'll soon!

josey
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
@KittyKat - PM me your email address and I will invite you to Fitocracy! It works right away with a personal invite

I am on plan and will run tonight. W3D1 YEEHAA! I can't believe I managed to get to the last week of C25K. That's insane.

josey
07-21-2011, 11:58 AM
I just posted a link to a new lifehacker article about fitness apps for iphone/ipad/ipod touch in case somebody is interested:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/238736-exercising-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-apps.html#post3948725

(And Android!)

MadamButterfly
07-21-2011, 12:39 PM
MORNING TROOPS,

OK, I'm done for the day, a short run (2 miles with other fun activities in the middle) but, it wasn't enough and I couldn't stand it so I got on my bike, but just for 10 miles, then my crunches (EVERYDAY) and completed my BOOM SHAKKA A LAKKA LAKKA :D It really helped me on Fitocracy . . . No Shred today . . . tomorrow with my BIG 1 mile run (of which I will try to break 10 min for fitocracy, although I'm not sure I am that fast yet) but I'll give it my best shot . . .

For those of you stuck in the oppressive heat, drink PLENTY OF H2O and try to stay cool . . . workout inside if possible

EVERYONE HAVE A BUTT-ER-FUL DAY!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Morning troops. Just waking up right now. Going to take my vitamins and eat breakfast...Then I think my bike needs some more riding this week! I bought the thing for a reason and I haven't used it as much as I had wanted to!

TIME TO MELT BUTT-ER YA'LL!

JayTee
07-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Jeanettey -- Boom shacka-laka done for Sarge too!

50 crunches w/10lb. weight plate: check
50 crunches w/ 25lb dumbbells: check
50 lunges w/10lb dumbbells: check
50 push-ups: check
50 butter burns: check
Fitocracy leader position reclaimed for the next 10 hours: he*l yeah!
Sore as all get out: affirmative

Love all the determination being posted! Keep at it platoon. Only YOU can make it happen!

pokeycactus
07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Sarge - Those guys look hilarious, I love them!!! :) Have you been keeping up on Extreme Makeover - Weightloss Edition? There have been some good ones the last few weeks.

Madam - SO CLOSE to your Warrior Dash!!! I am so, so excited for you! Can't wait to have you back Shredding with us :)

Chesh - I really like that poster you put up this morning!!! It's a good reminder to care about ourselves.

I've had a tough week, you guys. I've blogged about it just to get it out there, but the good news is, I'm not resorting to binge eating or anything stupid like that. I'm taking the negatives and turning them into positives at the gym! :)

Racquetball tonight...

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

KittyKat1465
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Josey! Someone already PMed me and is going to e-mail me the code. Can't wait to get on there with everyone!

Sarati
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Pokey I read your blog and I hope that your solution works. You are working hard and having to add more calories isn't such a bad problem to have AND you're beautiful I might add.

I let myself get totally out of control with the eating and now it shows on the scale.
I must do what works! I joined this group because there are several members who have achieved what I want to achieve. I have to do what they say and do because it works.
As much as I dread the scale on Sunday I'm going to suck it up an get up there anyway.

2 mile hike through the dog park with my son & pups completed for the day. Now I'm off to study and then I'm going to start on the Wamba Zamba Weekend Challenge 50's and increase my fitocracy ranking. I would like to move up to level 7 by Sunday.

josey
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Boy, I have the most boring day at the office! I would rather be home running. Uh? Did I really just say that?

JayTee
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes Josey, you did say you'd rather be home running...Sarge heard it through the 150% humidity and 110degree temps here in Chicago. Ahhhh, makes me want to put on three layers of sweats and run a few miles too! Not!

josey
07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Ohoh, Chicago is that sweaty? It is fairly cool here. I would take, hm, say 10 degrees from you!?

rainbowsmiles
07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks Josey! Someone already PMed me and is going to e-mail me the code. Can't wait to get on there with everyone!

i'm having trouble joining too...with internet explorer, did you get it to work? thanks,

josey
07-21-2011, 04:33 PM
i'm having trouble joining too...with internet explorer, did you get it to work? thanks,

I am using Safari and it is a little wonky. I don't do IE ;-) I am a Machead!
Do you get error messages or does it not load?

Sarati
07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Fitocracy says it's best served with Firefox or Safari. I can't find my original e-mail but try one of those browsers instead of IE.

rainbowsmiles
07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
I am using Safari and it is a little wonky. I don't do IE ;-) I am a Machead!
Do you get error messages or does it not load?

doesn't load...i was able to sign up with a password, but then the next page only shows one thing...a box to click that says totally new to fitness..or something like that...then on to step 2, but it wont go to step 2 haha, guess it was just not meant to be haha rut roh, is that an excuse??? :::ducking::: from sarge hahaha :rofl:

josey
07-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Must be still in beta. They advertise Safari, Sarati? Quite sluggish and some buttons don't work. As much as I like the idea, I find it hard to use.

rainbow - Did you try reloading the page? Empty cache etc?

SMSDREAMER2007
07-21-2011, 04:56 PM
I have no issue with it on firefox. I'm sursure)e (well pretty there are mac and windows versions of firefox..I know firefox runs on linux. Maybe try firefox? (im a mozilla girl anyway hehe)

rainbowsmiles
07-21-2011, 05:04 PM
josey...yes reloaded, re-booted...still the same.
dreamer...yeah, this old gal is from the stone ages of IE!! heehee and lucky to know how to do that! hahaha

Sarati
07-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm using Firefox and it works fine. I do remember specifically that they recommend not using IE.
Rainbow I hope you can find your way there :)

rainbowsmiles
07-21-2011, 05:42 PM
thanks ladies :)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Rainbow. Firefox is actually a LOT simpler than IE it also moves faster and is safer. My dinosaur lappy wont load IE but it will load mozilla. Just go to google and search "firefox" and the download page will come up it will walk you through installing it.