Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #16  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

New thread, yay! Just writing in real quick to report my progress. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Sunday's Activity:

60 minute Basketball game
26 minutes Zumba
55 minute Basketball game
15 minutes Shooting Hoops

Hardcore Total: 156 minutes!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

I sincerely apologize for being absent for a few days. He** Week turned into "Let's Go to He** In a Handbasket Week" instead. Give in to my stress? Yes. Eat like a dang pig? Yes. Gain? Unfortunately. 5 pounds. Took a freebie for the BL challenge this week, but can't take a freebie here. There are no freebies in Boot Camp. Last night we did get to the grocery store, so there are ZERO excuses I can use for not packing my lunch and eating out. Also, ZERO excuses are acceptable for not getting on the treadmill during lunch break AND getting in the 30DS in the evenings.

Recap for last Week...
Weigh In: Gained 5
Pledge for this week: Lose 3 lbs.
Miles Trekked: 4.55 miles
Hardcore Workout Time: 200 minutes

Folks, please feel free to dish out the appropriate punishment for being a complete and total slacker this past week. My behavior is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Not only did I blow it this week, but I undid 5 pounds of loss. How the he** will I reach my 100 lb. goal doing crap like this? I won't. Suck it up, Courtney, and STICK with it! The sticking part is my toughest challenge. I feel a blog post coming about my apparently obvious lack of commitment in weight loss. I'll have to post it when I get home though. Can't get into blogs on the office computer and I despise blogging on my cell phone. It takes far too long.

On a side note, yesterday my 3 year old experienced her first bee sting. I was outside mowing the yard and she was playing in the yard as well. She grabbed hold of a huge bumblebee that was on a dandelion. It stung her and she burst into tears loud enough for me to hear her over the lawnmower. I turned it off and asked her what happened. She yelled, "Bumblebee" and held up her hand. I took her inside, washed her hands, and got her a popsicle. I figured the coldness of the popsicle would help the soreness of the sting as well as make her happy. After she'd finished the popsicle I noticed her thumb was swolled to twice its normal size. I called my husband at work (who was scheduled to get off in 5 minutes) and he came home right away. We took her to an urgent care center to make sure she wasn't allergic. Fortunately she's not! Still, she was pretty sore so we spoiled her for the rest of the day.

So, here's to a MUCH better week! I WILL make it a good one!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #18  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Seriously!!!! Just spent time and was just going to post the platoon final numbers for the week and I read the last post!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what Sarge has to say Courtney!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #19  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning PLatoon!!

I'm back baby! After a good weekend of catching up on some sleep I'm back and raring to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Hey Sarge...may as well declare K3 the victor in our 30 Day Shred side challenge. It will be quite some time before I'll be able to get back to that type of workout!
Since our good friend Peanutt has to take it easy for a little while, would anyone like to restart this challenge with me? 30 Day Shred vidoe 5 times in a week! It's Monday, so time for Day 1. Who's with me?!

Peanutt- Congrats on hitting your milestone. I hope you are feeling better and recovering at home.
KittyKat, LoveHopeFaith and Ksquared This is a great group, you will find no lack of helpful motivation here

Ksquared, I'm K3. It's nice to meet you

Chickadee- I hope your appointment goes well today. Keep us posted

Mia - Congratulations on Onderland Keep up the good work and you'll see those lbs droop week after week.

Urthwurm- Congrats on almost doubling your pledge loss this week and for joining the hardcore challenge. All the fun side competitions do make a big difference. Exercise is a bit more fun when you have someone chasing you

We had some amazing losses this week
Budget = (-10.2)
Chick =(-5.7)
BNH =(-5.5)
Dreamer = (-4.4)
Peanutt = (-5.6)

Great Job! Keep it up
Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #20  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

CONGRATS PLATOON!!! WE MADE GOAL by 3.3 lbs!

Congrats to Bnh for her top spot performance on the BL Blue Team this week! Biggest Loser:
Bnhtla06, -5.5lbs, -2.78%

Welcome Ksquared! I entered your pledge and hope you enjoy basic training!

It's Monday again. As Reso would say, it's Reaffirmation Day! Time to recommit to reaching your ultimate goal!

And Sarge's goal right now is to reclaim the top spot from JoyfulV on Fitocracy! Off to the gym...

Courtney--I'm asking the disciplinary board (Peanutt, MadamB, Chesh, Pokey & Reso) to review your case! They might be more lenient than Sarge! Come to think of it, they don't even know they ARE the disciplinary board...

Last edited by JayTee; 07-18-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #21  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Courtney - So sorry to hear about your daughter being stung by a bee. I hope the swelling and pain subside soon.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #22  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Good morning platoon,

Have a great Monday!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #23  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Jeanettey, Now you've got me looking at cartoons!!

This one's for me:

Everyone, Go kick some Monday Butt-er and get in those miles!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #24  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Honestly Courtney, I don't see any value in any of us doling out some "punishment" or encouragement based on your last week. If I am recalling correctly, this is not the first time that you've had a crazy week and reported in that you gained a bunch of weight because you ovulated or because you had to eat out 15 times or whatever. I do give you credit for reporting in....like you said, no freebies in the platoon. It would have been very easy to just drop off the forum for a week or so and ignore the fact that you gained FIVE POUNDS in one week.

There are some things I feel I need to say though...

You're putting the onus on others to motivate you and keep you in line and honest. This is where you need to step back and re-evaluate. Yes, the platoon is great to support and encourage when we all need it. But we won't be here for you forever and we can't be with you every minute of your day. The next time you have a crazy anniversary weekend planned with planned overeating and drinking, we won't be here to tell you not to. YOU have to learn to tell yourself those things.

YOU need to take a look inside and find the reason why you think it's okay to go off plan the way you do. YOU need to examine your motivations for wanting to lose weight in the first place. YOU need to find a way to stop making excuses for yourself, because that's what you're still doing even in this most recent post. YOU need to get serious about making this change for yourself and your family. YOU need to make the plans and lay the groundwork necessary to ensure that you succeed.

I say none of this to be harsh or cruel. I say this because I want each and every one of us to experience success and happiness and I think that you, Courtney, need to hear all these things.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #25  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

K3 - I didn't keep up all 5 days of Shred last week, so I'll do it with you, starting today. Day one....aaaand, GO! LET'S DO THIS!

Urth - Way to go!!! You're already beating me - I'm only at 150 for the week so far. I'll be hot on your heels though, so no relaxing!!!

COURTNEY. Are you ready for this?
Seriously is right. What in the world happened? NO excuses this week. You WILL get on that treadmill during lunch. You WILL NOT overeat. You WILL log hardcore minutes. You WILL check in with us every day. This disappearing for 3 1/2 days thing, not acceptable. I care about you and I want to see you succeed! It's one thing if you try try try and the scale doesn't move, or moves up a few pounds. It's completely another if you leave us for days, don't work out, eat unhealthy, and then come back and say you're five pounds up. Stress eating? Not okay. Just don't do it. Go for a quick walk, do your nails, play with your kids DO SOMETHING. Now, tell me what your plan is this week to lose the three pounds you've pledged! You can do it!!!!!!

I gotta run and pick up my sister from the airport (woooo!!!) but I'll be back to post a bit more!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #26  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

PLATOON HIT GOAL + EXTRA BUTT-ER TO BOOT!!!

WOOHOO EVERYONE . . .

NOW GET OFF YOU A**
AND GO MELT SOME MORE !!

K3 & jeanettey: LOVIN' THE CARTOONS !!!

It's a new week . . . so make it count starting now!!!

MY NEXT POST WILL BE FOR YOU

COURTNEY!!!

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 07-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #27  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Pledged 1.5
Lost 2.8

Yayyy

I'm pledging 2 pounds for the next weigh in.

Last edited by tubbaki; 07-18-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #28  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Sorry I'm late to the party this week.

Last week pledged -1.5, lost 0.

It's better than gaining but if I don't watch the carbs I'm gonna pop!

Miles trekked: 24.84of the 25 pledged. So close, ugh

This week I am going to simplify my pledge and try to lose .5 lbs but I'm pledging to trek MORE than 25 miles this week.

My fitocracy goal is to somehow get to level 6 before Wednesday. That site has really compelled me to workout more. I've got hand weights all over the place and I've pulled out my Dance Dance Revolution mat and I've been burning it up!

I have a question for everyone: How do you stick to tracking your food intake? I do so well during the day but once I go off the rails and eat something "wrong" I quit recording for the day. I imagine the key is to not eat something that I don't want to write down but that's sometimes easier said than done.

Any tips?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #29  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

COURTNEY, COURTNEY, COURTNEY

CAN YOU SAY REMEDIAL BOOT CAMP!!!

I, like Pokey, Peanut & SARGE and all the others here want you to succeed, BUT and that's a BIG BUTT . . . YOU NEED TO WANT IT TOO . . . DO YOU??? WELL DO YOU????

MY SUGGESTION IS A CHECK IN EVERYDAY WITH EVERY DROP OF FOOD YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH, EVERY BIT OF EXERCISE YOU DID DURING THE DAY AND THE PLAN FOR THE NEXT DAY, HOW YOU ARE GOING TO OVERCOME THIS INCESSENT NEED FOR SELF DESTRUCTION . . . DO YOU WANT TO BE FAT??? I THINK MAYBE YES . . . . OVULATION CRAVING???? . . . SERIOUSLY . . . WELL WE CAN HAVE PRE AND POST TOM CRAVINGS, PRE AND POST OVULATION CRAVINGS . . . NON-TOM CRAVINGS AND THAT SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THINGS FOR THE WHOLE MONTH . . . YOU NEED TO QUIT MAKING EXCUSES . . . JUST DO THE WORK AND AS JOSEY SAYS:

SUCK IT UP BUTT-ER CUP!!!

Ok, maybe harsh, but you need to SH*T or get off the POT!!! We love and care about you and this post was filled with a LOT MORE PISS & VINEGAR BUT, MISS PEANUT & POKEY POSTED SO THANK THEM THAT. THEY WERE QUICKER THAN ME AND BEFORE THE FULL WRATH OF MADAMGOOEYB CAME SHINING THROUGH . . . YUP MADAMGOOEYB IS A HARD A** . . . DEAL WITH IT!!!!

NOW WOMAN . . . MAKE A PLAN, HEED TO POKEY & PEANUT'S ADVICE & THOUGHTS, FIGURE OUT WHERE IN THE HE** YOUR HEAD IS, THEN GET YOUR BUTT-ER MOVIN' PRIVATE . . . HUP, HUP, HUP . . . . AND DOUBLE TIME IT!!

If you start to cave or are stuck with something . . . then come here and post an S.O.S. . . . there is almost always someone around that can talk you down from the buffet or from that binge or give you a to get you moving . . . None of us are perfect, we all have moments . . . but your "moments" are becoming the "norm" . . .

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 07-18-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #30  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Sarati - make the commitment to record every morsel that enters your mouth and do not waver. Just do it. I know you can. When you're faced with eating something off plan, you'll also know that recording it is not optional and make your decision on whether or not to eat it knowing that. When you record those bad food choices you'll be more likely to avoid the bad choices in the future because you'll always see the evidence of your poor choices in black and white.
Closed Thread