Old 07-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 8 (07/18-07/24)

Well week 8 is now upon us so lets hope it is a turning point for some of us to get back in the habit of things.....THIS APPLIES TO ME MOSTLY I need to get back in control of all things.

Well it was a sad WI we had 2 freebies used (no WI) and 7 elliminations (no WI)

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BL FOR WEEK 7

Biggest Loser:
Bnhtla06, -5.5lbs, -2.78%

Honorable Mentions:
beck, -1.8lbs, -.88%
mumtoliam, -1.6lbs, -.63%
KayakGal, -.8lbs, -.40%

Awesome job

I'm pretty sure we lost this week as we ended up with a gain so we'll see when I get the results.

Okay that's about it I hope you all have a great night talk to you again tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #2  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Gosh!!! That's a lot of people we have lost... Way to go to all the losers this week especially Bnhtla06, beck and kayakgal. I weighed in tonight at WW and lost 300g, not a big loss, but still a loss and I feel thats it ok cause I had a few slip ups during the week. I know that I need to track, so thats my goal for this week. TRACK< TRACK> TRACK!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to all our losers this week- Bnhtla06, wow! 5.5lbs is great!!

I saw a beautiful sight on the scale this morning- 199.8!! I moved it around the floor and tried a few more times, had dh weigh himself, moved it around the floor again, and still 199.8. I'm not going to count myself officially in Onederland until 199.0, but it felt so good to see a ONE before those other numbers instead of a two.

Good luck this week, blue team. Keep on moving, keep on making good food choices!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #4  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Woo congrats Bnhtla06, beck, mumtoliam, Kayakgal, and all our losers this week!!

Wow Beck that has to be an awesome feeling. Congrats!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

well team, I'm sure our gain was mostly mine - so my apologies - it seems like overnight I gained 7 lbs... it's still here after all weekend, so I'm hoping it's a tom thing and that I get a whoosh before next weigh in.
Congrats to our losers! good job!
Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #6  

Hi everyone I posted the results and RED TEAM won for week 7.

Vanessa - I agree tracking is key....I should start up again too, I do so much better when I do.

Beck - congratulations and welcome to onderland....WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Somni - Hello

Laura - there were many gains last week so don't think it was all you. We only had 5 losses:0 I'm still working on getting rid of my gain for the week.

Well off to bed I had a pretty productive day so that's good. Been very warm out (which is nice) but no air movement at night so it gets a bit warm sleeping.....I'll take this over the cold any day though.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #7  
No excuses this time!

I have been really good and tracked all things going in my mouth today! I made a new WW recipe Chicken and mushroom crepes. They were delicious!!! Even better they serve 4, so we have a yummy dinner already cooked for dinner tomorrow night.

I am feeling really wierd at the moment... I had a bad period last cycle - really heavy and I am having ovulation pain at the moment. My breasts are really sore and my stomach is bloated...What is going on with my cycle!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #8  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Heya everybody! Sorry we lost last week. Hopefully this week will be better for everybody!

I'm expecting to either stay the same or gain again this week, as that is how my weight loss efforts usually go after that first 3 lbs. But, next week is finally pay day, which means I'll be able to focus again on getting the correct amount of veggies and protein into my diet which I haven't yet managed to do consistently enough to see whether or not it actually helps my weight loss efforts.

Even though I've been in a rather down mood for the past week or so and haven't really done much exercise, I have still been keeping accurate records of what I've been eating. (Not something I would normally do when entering a depression type cycle, so that's a good thing.) And since I've pretty much fallen back into my usual eating habits for the past week or so, I can see much more clearly that I'm not getting enough calories. I'm barely even getting 900 most days it seems, which obviously isn't good.

So, when Monday (pay day) rolls around again, I'm going to have a full week of meals with several servings of veggies as well as some form protein planned out, so I can just go to the store and buy everything at once, and have it all set throughout the next week and the week after. Hopefully being able to do this will give me results that I can at least analyse for more information.

Anyway, good luck this week everybody! If I don't have a loss, I'm going to use a freebie this week, just to keep from pulling the team down.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #9  
Sue

Hello Blue Team,
Congratulations Bnhtla06 on a great loss this week!
I agree with Vanessa and BigMid that tracking is the key. Sometimes it hurts to put in that ice cream that I just ate but at least I know why I didn't drop as much weight that week.

Beck-Congratulations on being under 200. I reached that goal a couple of weeks ago and am now trying to get my BMI out of the obese range. You are doing great.

Laura- Just hang in there! TOM won't last long.

QuillysQuest- I can't function at 900 calories. I get cranky when my calories are below 1400. Your plan for after payday sounds great.

Good luck this week!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #10  

Hi everyone I hope you all had a great day. I'm on a week off right now so that has been nice to not have to go into work.

Nancy was off today so we went to the new Harry Potter movie (shared a popcorn without butter) then we went to a Zumba class and that was a lot of fun, I really like the instructor there.

Vanessa - the crapes sound good, hope your feeling better soon.....crazy TOM

Quilly - 900 calories is way to few so I hope you can up them next week when you get your grocery shopping done. Don't worry about the freebies if you want to track your gain you can. It's all a part of this game called life. I hope your spirits lift soon

KayakGal - funny you mentioned ice cream, I had a 2 scoop cone this evening I tracked it so it's okay. I know I'm over points today but will be good the rest of the week so I should be alright.....at least that's the plan

Night everyone time for bed once again that means my holidays are already half over.

Last edited by Bigmid; 07-20-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #11  
No excuses this time!

I have been so keen on tracking - I did have a chicken snack burger from McDonalds on the run, and as it is a promotional burger they didnt have the nutritional information available, so I contacted McDonalds to obtain the information and added it to my planner. It wasnt the best choice at the time on reflection but at least I have tracked it accurately! ARGHHHH!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #12  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Friday, Yay! I hope everyone has had a good, on-track week. I've had a great week, back to exercising after a couple weeks off due to knee pain, on plan eating, and drinking lots (ugh, this heat!).

I've had a couple of incidents recently with people being very bold about asking questions about my weight loss. One person asked me yesterday some questions that implied she thought I had weight loss surgery. She wanted all the nitty-gritty details of how I did it, what plan, how much weight, etc, and I felt uncomfortable sharing details- this was only a store clerk who I see every couple of months or so, not a friend. It's flattering that people notice the weight loss, comment on how great I look, and I'm happy to share my success so far, but some things come off as too intrusive to such a personal issue.

Have a great weekend, Blue Team, and let's aim for the win on Sunday.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah for Fridays - and birthdays! Happy my WI was this morning, because the cake this afternoon was too good! Most of last week's 7 is gone - down 5. Whew. Probably should have had a freebie last week, but then this week would still be a gain. Hope everyone else is doing well - my BFF is taking me to Harry Potter tonight - I'm excited to go!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

One day to go and the scale hasn't moved. I'm starting to see a pattern in my weight loss- 1 good week, then nothing for a week or 2, then another good week... It used to be more consistent week to week, but I guess that "new diet" weight loss can't last forever. It's a little frustrating that I can do everything right for 2 weeks, but not see the same results. On the other hand, it's nice to know if I just keep at it I'll see results eventually.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone
I'm sorry I haven't been a good team member this challenge. I have let life get in the way and I have been struggling a lot lately. Between my 3 children's activities, their friends over etc. and having a lot of visitors staying with us, I've found it really hard to get into any sort of routine this Summer. I haven't exercised in a long time and I haven't been tracking my food either. It's definately showing on the scale and it's really taken a toll on my motivation. I woke up this morning feeling so down that I decided it was time to reach out for support. I just wish I would have done it sooner.

I know I need to make this weight loss journey a priority. I'm sure tomorrow's weigh in will be a gain, but I promise to recommit and be a better team member.

Beck - Congratulations on hitting onederland, that is awesome

Laura - Happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed your night at the movies.

QuillysQuest - Good for you for continuing to track your food. Definately try to increase your calories as 900 is so low.

Quote:
On the other hand, it's nice to know if I just keep at it I'll see results eventually.
bnhtla-That's the right attitude!!

Bigmid - Hope you had a great week off!

A big hello to everyone else