Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Share your tips/suggestions for exercising when you have small children!

I have such a hard time fitting in workouts now that I have two kids. One is a 3-yr-old who doesn't name anymore (ugh!). The other is a 7 month old. Here are a few things that have worked for me:

*Walk/run on treadmill while the baby naps and the older one is busy with a project. (Downside: my 3-yr-old still has a pretty short attention span!)

* Take the kids to the mall for a walk and push older one in stroller while I wear the baby on my back.

*Squeeze in a workout after the kids are in bed. (Downside: I'm usually exhausted by that time.)

*Set an alarm on my phone that rings every hour. When it rings, do a series of pushups, crunches, squats, etc.

Anyone else have suggestions?
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

What about a double stroller and an outside walk?

Also, the YMCA has free childcare for two hours while you work out.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Jessica mentioned my suggestions. I got a Bob Revolution jogger and it has been a lifesaver. It's pricey, but worth every single penny IMO.

The childcare at the YMCA has been the thing that gets me to the gym. It's SO nice not stepping over and around little people and being able to exercise without worrying about your kids. If $$ is a concern, go talk to them. DH took a ginormous pay cut last year and they ended up giving me an 80% scholarship so I only pay $9/month for my Y membership.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #4  

Take baby steps in what you have at your disposal dont wait to use a equipment to exercise you can try lying on the floor and lifting one of your babies up and down motions this may turn to be fun. Carrying the baby on sling and trying doing some situps. This i did and i discovered that planning for an opportune time may end up not being there.

PhatBeth
PhatBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I have had the pleasure of trying to work out with having a 4 month old and an 18 month old in the same room. If your planned session doesn't work out--DON'T give up. The frustration alone is enough to kill your drive. My friend and I jogged for a sweet 1 mile on rebounders before the room erupted into complete and total chaos--but we DID IT.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote