Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #1  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

Default jealous of a friend

there is a girl i used to work with all the time when i worked at walmart. she still works there and were friends thru facebook. when i started announcing to my friends i was losing weight on fb, she did too. and now its like she drops a pant and shirt size every week. today she wrote that she can wear a size 14 and shes bigger than me. ( i know it depends on body shape and such but were roughly the same height and she has WAY bigger boobs than me) she said she went from a size 20 to a 14 in 2.5 months. i can barely fit into 17s right now.... im starting to think shes competing with me and its making me jealous. what do yall think about it? would love some input =)

Last edited by kimicat76; 07-16-2011 at 08:43 PM.
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Just congratulate her and go on with life. In the end hopefully you'll both be healthy and fit and maintain your losses. If she's being untruthful it's only making her look and feel bad.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-16-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

I had a girl on my fb exactly like that-until yesterday. She just pushed it to much. I had enough! She would always be commenting on my status' and always trying to be better & seem to try and irritate me. So I finally had it and deleted her lol. I'm actually doing this the healthy way, she's doing the hcg drop/500 cal diet!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #4  
Gotta Lose to Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateosmama2005 View Post
I had a girl on my fb exactly like that-until yesterday. She just pushed it to much. I had enough! She would always be commenting on my status' and always trying to be better & seem to try and irritate me. So I finally had it and deleted her lol. I'm actually doing this the healthy way, she's doing the hcg drop/500 cal diet!
OMG she does the hcg drop thing too!! wow SPOOKY!! i do tell her good job and such but when i post something about losing weight or inches she doesnt do anything or say anything. sooo idk.... maybe im just being paranoid
Old 07-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

If she's competing with you, then let her. You don't have to get sucked into it. Just focus on your own journey. There are other people who lose weight after doing very little and others who lose at a snail's pace. Does that really matter? I used to get jealous of those kinds of things and then I realized that how fast someone else loses has nothing to do with my situation. Just focus on your own journey. By the way, congrats to you on the weight you've lost already!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #6  
Gotta Lose to Win

tyvm luckymommy =) ive been going kinda slow with my weightloss but thats because i want my body to have to time to readjust as well as it can and also for the weight to STAY OFF for good this time. i wanna be in my size 9 jeans real bad but i also dont want it to only last a year like last time lol
Old 07-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #7  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

You are doing a great job!

Be encouraged, not discouraged...whatever it takes!

LGW
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #8  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Question? At 500 calories....is there really a need to take the HCG...doubt it...
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #9  
Gotta Lose to Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGW View Post
Question? At 500 calories....is there really a need to take the HCG...doubt it...
soooo very true!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I am sorry that you are struggling with this. I have been really careful about sharing my weight loss journey on facebook. I just think it often gets a little weird. Sometimes people will post something about how I look in response to a picture and I just thank them and move on.

There are a couple people at my work who have been on this extreme low carb, vitamin and appetite suppressant diet. They are losing a lot of weight. I don't really think it is very healthy but that is not my choice. A couple of them have made comments about how they have lost more than me, more quickly. Good for them. But I know that I can eat this way forever!

Don't let her get to you.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #11  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

aside from what everyone else said, with a clothing size 17, you are talking about junior sizes, which are cut differently (and smaller) than misses sizes. So there isn't as much difference between a misses 14 and a junior 17.

for example, from the Target website

Size 17 Bust 41.5 Waist 34 Hips 44
Size 14 Bust 39.75-41.25 Waist 33.25-34.75 Hips 43.75-45.25
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
im starting to think shes competing with me and its making me jealous. what do yall think about it? would love some input =)
So if this chick bugs you with her competativeness... why don't you just hide her or delete her from your facebook?

It's like chips at the store. Resist it once, then you don't have to resist a hundred times at home.

Hide/delete this person, then you don't have to read their hundreds of sentences. Problem solved.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-16-2011 at 11:18 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #13  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like a very petty person. Just ignore her. If she's petty enough to compete, she either has more serious self-esteem issues, and/or could be flat-out lying. Not worth your time. You can also remove people from your newsfeed without deleting them.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the above responses, just ignore her! It does sound to me like she's competing with you. So let her! Let her do whatever she's going to do. You just keep going and focus on your journey. 500 cals a day sounds absolutely awful, and there's no way she's going to be able to do that her whole life. What is it they say about fighting your battles? She might be "winning" (I put that in quotes because she seems to be the one who thinks you two have to go head-to-head about it) in the short term, but focus on winning for yourself in the long term. Congratulations on your successes already and good luck!

And honestly, if she bothers you that much, just block her. Life is too short and precious, and it's just facebook. :-)
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

@kimicat76 There will always be people around who seemingly lose weight at the drop of a hat. Likewise, there are ALWAYS going to be people who are jealous, competitive, or just plain unsupportive (is that a word?) when you try to better yourself. I don't know exactly why this is. Sure, a little jealousy is okay, but why would you want to bring a person down when they're doing something that's already really difficult for them?

I have a coworker who has been anything but supportive of me. I just started counting calories again two weeks ago, and she uses every opportunity to belittle my efforts, even rolling her eyes when I choose something healthy over something unhealthy. I know she's struggled with her weight for a long time, and she will talk about dieting but then drop it for a few weeks before having any noticeable results. Maybe she's just discouraged, and my talking about my successes doesn't help. I don't know...

In any case, it doesn't sound like you and this girl are particularly close. If it was me, I would delete her as a friend, or at least change your settings so her updates don't show up. You can't let what's going on with her discourage you or annoy you. Focus on you and your successes.
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote