Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/196/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi and Help!

Hello All! My name is Stephanie and I am a 29-year-old mom of 2 who has been struggling with my weight since my son was born 9-years-ago. For the last three years, since my daughter was born, I have worked out nearly everyday and tried several diet, my total loss in three years is 10 lbs. I am here for advice. At this point in our lives we are a single income home of 4 while my hubby finishes school so money is an issue. . . how can someone who cannot afford places like MRC truly lose the weight? I am so frustrated all this hard work with no results Please any help appreciated!
soujouner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #2  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by soujouner View Post
Hello All! My name is Stephanie and I am a 29-year-old mom of 2 who has been struggling with my weight since my son was born 9-years-ago. For the last three years, since my daughter was born, I have worked out nearly everyday and tried several diet, my total loss in three years is 10 lbs. I am here for advice. At this point in our lives we are a single income home of 4 while my hubby finishes school so money is an issue. . . how can somndeone who cannot afford places like MmetRC truly lose the weight? I am so frustrated all this hard work with no results Please any help appreciated!
There are just so many folks on this site that can offer all kinds of advice, support, ideas, etc. You don't really need to spend alot of money on specific plans...but you should at least decide on a personal method, research it and figure out how to put it in place. Then you can use this site to support whatever you decide to do.

I've been on almost every diet known to womankind in my life, and I suppose the one thing I've learned is that anything that is full of deprivation and rules won't be lasting. The eating style that seems to really work is low carbohydrate, the formula in Ideal Protein for a re training of the pancreas is time limited in nature and restorative in health. BUT...it's costly. You can make your own plan work for alot less money if you really know how it works and do it faithfully.

Once you have really decided to commit to weight loss, you will find a way to make it happen. It takes a certain mind set, and once you are there, you will get what you need to see it through.

Alot of people here are very positive and have been where you are. Use them and share with others. IT will help.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

STEPHANIE ~ you can create your own plan; or use one of the free ones on this site. You don't have to buy special foods or pay others while you do all the hard work. I posted an EZ plan called THE NO DIET DIET in the Faith Forum; see the link below ...

As I have been sharing with others tonight; start just by cutting down/out the junk foods (meaning chips, nachos, sugary pop) -- that will save you money. Then use some of that $$$ to add in a salad, one favorite veggie, and one fruit each day. You will lose weight just doing this for 3+ months.

Then later on, add in another veggie & fruit, if desired. Switch to leaner meats and you are on your way. Make healthier desserts with a fruit base 1-2 times a week (like apple crisp or fruit parfait).

Be careful not to go too low in your calories; that will restrict loss. Your body will fight you; so eat balanced, and eat enuff for a reasonable loss each month. Here's a link for that free plan ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...diet-diet.html

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-14-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

It might be helpful to see a sample of what you're eating. You may have certain food intolerances (do you feel heavy or tired after eating dairy, for example), or certain foods may just be bad for your body in particular. You may be over or under eating. I would recommend keeping a food journal and record how you feel after everything you eat. This could help you determine whether or not you have any particular sensitivities.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/196/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the feedback. I have printed the No Diet Diet and start it this morning, also I ordered a book on how to discover your bodies food allergies and it is on the way. Also changed up my workout routine starting this morning. Here's hoping that making some new changes will make all the difference!
soujouner is offline   Reply With Quote