UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/128/116

Height: 5ft

Talking I resisted Tempation

So today we went out on a team meeting with the Boss paying for drinks and Lunch but I managed to resist and Sit with a pint of water whilst they were drinking pints of cider and eating Big bagette steak sandwiches and chips.
I took lunch to work and already had my days food planned so didnt want to change anything. To my amasement it didnt bother me at all.
I think im finally happy with my diet and finding it easier everyday.
carrieanne4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/242/168

Height: 5ft 7

Well done for resisting the tempation...that must have been really hard in a social situation !! I am finding it much easier at home but the diet WILL be going out of the window for the night on saturday I have avoided social gatherings for the last couple of months until I felt I was fully established and committed to my diet, saturday will be the 1st time I have been out and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible because these occassions are going to be few and far between for the next few months.
niknaknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Wow amazing job at resisting the temptation. Whenever I'm in a social setting like that the pressure is so hard on me. Especially if I'm hanging with my friends and they're eating cookies. I always seem to eat WAY too many. I intend to eat one and end up eating way more sometimes lol. When I'm by myself I have a much better control over temptation. And planning is a HUGE help. I'm so happy for you that you're feeling comfortable with your journey! Best of luck <3!
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/128/116

Height: 5ft

Thankyou. Niknak i agree you should have night off once in a while you deserve it and i think it keeps you going mentally.
Im normally exactly the same Sunnydays but for some reason this last week as been so much easier and i dont seem to be craving food as much anymore.
carrieanne4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Great job! That's one of the hardest parts for me - wanting to eat what everyone else is eating.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Good for you! Keep it up, it's hard but know you're doing the best thing for you. It's ok to loosen up once in a while tho, but everything in Moderation!
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Wow well done! I'm actually banning myself from going out clubbing at the moment until I have lost a considerable amount of weight. I know if I go out I'll drink lots and regret it the next day.

Keep it up!
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thumbs up Good for you!

The more successes and victories you have, the better you will do!!

Way to go
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #9  

Yeah well done, the social pressure to eat is really annoying. I have two situations coming up this weekend and i am dreading it! I have a friends birthday on friday. The friend is rather big she is around 15 stone and happy with it. The rest of the people going are similar

Not to sound mean but i hate hanging out with my Fat friends at meal times. They make appalling food choices.

I'm half thinking of eating before the meal on friday and just sipping on water or a diet coke when they have their meal. I don't want to not enjoy the company but i really don't want to eat the meal. Any idea what i should do? My friend is cooking the meal and i don't want to be the odd one out sitting their with nothing in front of me when they tuck in, but i don't want to endure an unhealthy meal either, any suggestions???
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote