30-Somethings - Looking at weight on a different scale....

Shmoops
07-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Alright, I know I sound slightly dramtic, but I am seriously depressed! I went to my moms house today and curiousity got the best of me. I went and weighed myself on her scale and it showed no weight loss at all. I weigh myselt at 24 our fitness every other day, and according to that scale, I have lost over five pounds this week. It probably bugs me more than it should, but I feel like all my hard work went out the window the minute I set my eyes on her scale. :mad:

breannabelle
07-13-2011, 01:46 AM
I ONLY use my scale at home. Too much variance between different scales - If I were you, I would stick to the "every other day at the gym scale" and forget about the reading at Mom's house. Don't let it get you down. Hang in there and keep fighting the good fight :)

SweetyKins
07-13-2011, 01:48 AM
oh heck, I can gain 3-5 pounds in one day jut from eaing pizza and wings the night before. Did you eat something salty like that earlier in the day or the night before? Did you weigh yourself at your mom's the same time of day that you weight yourself at the gym, the time of day can make a huge difference.

envelope
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree with what everyone else has said. Were you wearing the same thing you at your Mom's that you wear at the gym?

I weigh myself on the same scale, wearing the same thing, first thing in the morning.

TapasLover
07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
You're describing my ultimate nightmare! I admire you for having the guts to even step on more than one scale:) and I agree that the 24 Fitness scale is likely the more accurate.
I have such a fear of stepping on any scale except my own--- as if, were I to try another it might read "187" and prove that my weightloss has been entirely a lie! I travel with my scale, will put it in my suitcase on planes...oy.

Your hard work is TRUTH! Celebrate the 5lb loss!

Jelma
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
I, too, only weigh myself on one scale which I know is pretty accurate because it said the same thing as my doctor's scale did later the same day. Don't get discouraged and ignore what your mom's scale said.

Arianwen
07-13-2011, 02:07 PM
I weigh myself naked on our bathroom scale first thing in the AM. my weight on the cheap scales they use at the Doctor's office always vary hugely from the home scale as I'm wearing clothes there!