100 lb. Club - I've been sick

View Full Version : I've been sick

dougie
01-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Hi Guys

Just to let you all know that I fell very sick on 13 November last year and have not been able to visit this site since then. I got rushed to hospital with serious blood disorder and have been in and out since, and will continue to receive treatment for a while (chemo!!!). I am thankfully feeling very well now, but at the time I was pretty much out of it. The only consolation, if anything from this nightmare, is that I lost30 pounds in the month i spent in hospital. I just couldn't face food, just drinking water, some juices, and the odd spoonfulls of cornflakes and breakfast cereal. So if you don't see me about, don't think i have upped and left, but circumstances are pretty much out of my control at this time.

all the best with 2003 dieting and health
and a healthy year for me too!!!

Doug

snowball1
01-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Yikes, Doug!!! I really hope you are feeling 100% better soon!

Check in when you can & let us know how things are going. You'll be in my thoughts... :)

Sandi
01-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Oh, you poor thing. I am sorry that you are so sick. I hope you feel 100% soon!!

Please check back with us when you are better!

AngiKL
01-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi Dougie,

I'm so sorry you've been sick. I am praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

Angi

Raelynn
01-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I hope you are feeling better soon!

jiffypop
01-14-2003, 04:11 PM
good heavens!!!! please keep us posted on how you're doing! best wishes for better health, and warm thoughts as well

glynne
01-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Glad hear from you again ~ sorry that you had been so sick. Not a fun way to lose weight. Glad you are feeling better now, and praying that you continue to improve and stay well.

Take care ~ glynne (Gayle)

KittyMilk
01-14-2003, 05:04 PM
I wondered where you where but thought you must of been busy what with you new baby and all. Now this :( Im really sorry to hear you've been so sick and truly wish you a speedy recovery. How is you wife handling things? Must be very stressfull for her to.
Good luck

Kitty

SuchAPrettyFace
01-15-2003, 02:15 AM
Hey Dougie

Sorry to hear about your medical stuff & hope you heal soon. We'll be here when you want to return.

soiley
01-15-2003, 11:58 AM
I'll be sending good thoughts and good vibrations your way Doug. Hope you're feeling better soon.