Weight Loss Support - What shape are you?

View Full Version : What shape are you?

zoodoo613
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
The frame size thread got me thinking. More of us think we're large frame than small. If you look at something like http://www.mybodygallery.com/ most people consider themselves hourglass. Are we all right? Or are we kidding ourselves? Are there standards (cold hard numbers) to help figure it out?

I always used to think I was hourglass. I have a very well defined waist, fairly big boobs and big hips. But my hips are a quite a bit bigger than my chest, so now I'm wondering if I'm pear. At my largest (well, closest to largest that I measured) my chest/waist/hips were: 44/39.5/48.5. My thigh was 30. At my lowest weight for which I have data, 163, in 2003, I was 41.75/34.25/43.25. Thigh was 26.75. Those numbers look more hourglass-ish, but I really don't know.

What about you?

christine123
07-12-2011, 12:09 PM
When I was fitted for a dress for my sister's wedding 11 years ago, the lady who took my measurements said "it's a shame you're so heavy. You have an hourglass figure, but it's hidden underneath extra pounds." Something along those lines. I was in the 170s or so. It was a back-handed compliment. At my lowest weight in 2008 of 131 lbs, I didn't bother measuring. So I have no way of really knowing. I will measure this time at goal weight.

Beach Patrol
07-12-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm definitely an hour-glass. Even at my hi-weight of 192, the curves were still very visible, albeit with a belly like a watermelon :rolleyes:

and as the weight continues to drop, my hour-glass figure is returning to its proper "beautacious" self ;)

myfishpajamas
07-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Definitely a pear! I have a tummy, but I didn't have much of one until I went above 200 whereas I have always had a large lower body. I have large breasts too - currently a D, sometimes a DD, but have never been lower than a C since I was 14 - but my hips far outweigh the size of my chest, no matter what weight I'm at. I would be okay with being a pear, as long as the bottom of my pear wasn't quite so big!

fattymcfatty
07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I have always thought I was the apple, my husband says that I am hourglass because my hip and chest are the same, and that when I was heavier, I gained weight "all over, not just in the stomach area". Thanks, honey.

Dorian5
07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I used to think I was an hourglass - I have a tiny waist, tiny shoulders, big boobs, and my hip measurement used to match my bust measurement.

After losing most of the belly pooch, my hip measurement has dropped a lot.

I'm now 37-26-34. I've been told I'm a lollipop? I don't know, it's all so confusing!

Aunty Jam
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
I think I'm an apple.... my hip - bust measurement is roughly the same. I have a big stomach in front of me but I also have a waist. Does that make me an apple/hour glass or just an apple???

CorinneIrene
07-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm an hourglass. They actually have calculators and guidelines to help you figure it out. Something like 8% of women are hourglass, so on that website I think a lot of people just put it because they aren't sure.

If you go to shopyourshape.com, you can find a calculator and it will tell you how to dress your figure as well. Of course, measurements don't always fit in the with "common" shapes! A lot of women don't fit any of the "guidelines" so you just kind of have to go with what you think works best for you.

mayness
07-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I gain weight like an apple (all in the stomach and boobs) but I am more of a "ruler" or whatever you want to call it when I'm at a healthy weight. No hips, small boobs, poorly-defined waist.

I just added a picture to my profile... between that and my avatar you can sort of see that I don't have much of a waist, and I'm wearing an INSANE girdle thing in that picture.

runningfromfat
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I think of myself as a pearish hourglass. ;) My hips are 2-3 inches larger than my bust but I also have broad shoulders so it does even out quite a bit. If I look at myself from the front I definitely look like an hourglass. However, if I look at myself from the side I don't as much because my lower belly sticks out quite a bit still. :mad: Basically, I don't like seeing myself from the side nearly as much...

I don't *quite* have the measurements for an hourglass, though, since I've read you need a 9 inch different between your waist and bust/hips. The hips are covered but my bust is slightly smaller than that...

Bellamack
07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
APPLE. boo hoo

zoodoo613
07-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm an hourglass. They actually have calculators and guidelines to help you figure it out. Something like 8% of women are hourglass, so on that website I think a lot of people just put it because they aren't sure.

If you go to shopyourshape.com, you can find a calculator and it will tell you how to dress your figure as well. Of course, measurements don't always fit in the with "common" shapes! A lot of women don't fit any of the "guidelines" so you just kind of have to go with what you think works best for you.

According to them I'm more spoon-ish than anything else, but pear was a pretty close fit too. I have the spoons hip shelf, but the pears tendency to gain in thighs instead of lower belly.

April Snow
07-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I've seen this link posted here before and thought it was helpful in figuring out body shapes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-488236/Trinny-Susannah-reveal-12-womens-body-types--you.html

I'm a Goblet shape based on this.

zoodoo613
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I've seen this link posted here before and thought it was helpful in figuring out body shapes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-488236/Trinny-Susannah-reveal-12-womens-body-types--you.html

I've seen that before. I don't think I look like any of them!

happeningf
I'm a super pear, my thighs/saddlebags are out of control.

heathermichigan
Apple :(
I DREAM about having a real butt and hips! I have none. Tummy is always my trouble area and I have a large chest and rib cage.

Angelique
07-12-2011, 01:59 PM

I've always considered myself an apple....according to that site, I'm a Cello.

supergir111
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Couldn't they have though of anything nicer than 'brick' I'm not sure anymore, I thought I was an hourglass but now my boobs are shrinking faster than my hips. I don't think i'll ever be a pear though, even though I love that shape.

belmagick
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm a pear.
I think a lot of people get confused between hourglass and pear shapes. Yes I have large breasts and broadish shoulders but I gain weight around my butt and thighs before anywhere else (which means it'll be last to come off :()

I think women's bodies are beautiful, no matter what shape. As long as you're healthy that's all that matters. I would take everything the daily mail says with a pinch of salt. It's not exactly got the.... er best reputation in the U.K. and it's readers are stereotyped. That article annoyed me because apparently I should be wearing straight boots to cover up my legs. Heh! thanks.

April Snow
07-12-2011, 02:13 PM
right now, I look a bit more apple-ish but as I lose weight, I can see more of the goblet shape emerge. I still have a big tummy but that shows more from the side. When I look at myself straight on from the front, my hips look shockingly narrow to me! lol!

berryblondeboys
07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
shopyourshape.com says I'm straight - how is 43/35/44 straight? Go figure! When I look at the UK site of the body shapes, the hourglass looked most like my body and the description hit it on the head - clothes are not made for you with your big boobs and short waist. I have a VERY short waist which is why a good fit is essential. It really is wide, pinched in a narrow/short space and the wide again.

Though since 45% of all women are 'straight' their definition of straight on shopyourshape must be pretty broad!

Jelma
07-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the link AprilSnow, I found that article interesting. I always thought it was strange that you only really hear of 3 body types - the pear, apple and hourglass. I also thought of myself as an apple since I have such a small butt, but I think I am more of a vase.

joyfulloser
07-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Hourglass...for sure!:)

krampus
07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
What do you call someone with no boobs, no butt, a waist but also a belly but no saddlebags, and proportionally large, muscular legs?

fitmom
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm straight up and down like a ruler! I kind of look like a twelve-year old, lol.

Arctic Mama
07-13-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm a total hourglass. My bust and hips are the exact same measurement, and my waist is 12 inches smaller. Even at my high weight I still maintained that general shape, though the ratio was less pronounced. For the record, shoulder width and hip width is a bit more accurate for diagnosing body shape than bust size. There are some true hourglasses with fairly small busts, but their shoulder width and rib cage is equally wide as their hips, with a pronounced waist nip. Not all hourglasses are equally voluptuous at any size :)

Most women I see are slightly pear-shaped, or rectangles/rulers, but there are definite hourglasses at all weights. There are some more complicated systems of body shapes where there are eight to ten body shapes instead of three or four, and that tends to be more accurate.

RJ 1980
07-13-2011, 01:13 AM
None of these really fit me. I'm the shape that gets fat everywhere equally, lol. (Except my butt, I always have a flat butt! Which is not attractive.) I get fat face, arms, belly, hips, legs and ankles. I have big boobs that just get bigger. I guess an apple would be the best way to describe my shape... not sure though.

I was always jealous of hourglass and pear shapes, b/c they have an area to accentuate and show off, be it their waist or upper body... I have nothing!! :(

nomorexcuses
07-13-2011, 01:35 AM
I have always appriciated my body till now- I neveer thought of what shpe it was other than in "good shape".

I just want to be in good shape agin hourglass or no. :carrot:

mayness
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah, the one thing that screws up my straight up and down ruler-ness is my butt. I always have a nice round butt at any weight. So from the front I look like I've got no curves at all, and from the side you can see all the weight that goes directly to my stomach... I'm best viewed from behind, lol. ;)

fitmom
07-13-2011, 08:59 AM
I gain weight like an apple (all in the stomach and boobs) but I am more of a "ruler" or whatever you want to call it when I'm at a healthy weight. No hips, small boobs, poorly-defined waist.

I just added a picture to my profile... between that and my avatar you can sort of see that I don't have much of a waist, and I'm wearing an INSANE girdle thing in that picture.

Yeah, another ruler!! LOL. I'm like you - no hips, waist is almost non-existent and boobs are a very small C cup. For my wedding 14 years ago, the seamstress commented that although I was fairly thin, it was a shame I didn't have an hourglass figure b/c the dress would look better. Talk about a back-handed compliment. I went home and cried to my then-fiance who reassured me that I was beautiful no matter what. Coincidentally, I had to wear a big-time girdle to get any semblance of a waist for the 'big day'.

khat
07-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm a pear or a skittle. Everything is on the side of my thighs and hips. I have B cup boobs and very nice arms, collarbone etc.. Below my navel and above my calves is just.. Blah..

DCHound
07-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Only 8%? Wow. I'm a classic hourglass, tiny waist, big boobs big hips generally withing 3" of one another. I gain weight all over and lose it all over, big hands feet arms legs etc.

sniperhil
07-13-2011, 09:24 AM
ok, so I'm a pear. I already figured bc my butt is, ahem, large. my only question is, how am I supposed to dress? They say a pear should show off her arms and shoulders. I have very broad shoulders (not a bad thing, theyre nice) and big arms. I mean like cellulite arms. I'm working on them and have been for a while (theyre alot smaller than they were), but I'm definately not comfy exposing them in public other than on jogs and that's just to keep myself from dying in this TX heat! lol

fitmom
07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
My mother-in-law is a pear too. I would say wear something a little more fitter, not tight but fitted. If you wear something with no shape, it will make you look bigger no matter what your weight is IMO.

IsabellaOlivia
07-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm an apple. I store all my fat on my stomach while I have skinny legs and a small butt. But I do have big boobs.

BeachBreeze2010
07-13-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm a pear and I typically like to wear darker, fitted but not tight clothing on my lower body and brighter colors and jewelry on my upper body. The key is to move the eye up to my face, chest and upper stomach.

Skirts are hard because they pretty much have to be knee length pencil skirts to work. If I wear a skirt that's looser or longer, it seems to hang from my hips and make me look huge.

I'm always in love with those patterned shorts or pants that are popular, but they would look terrible on me. Also, shirts that are blousier in the stomach area look bad on me because they hide my waist and slimmer upper body making me look like all of me is big. I really like the ruffly shirts, but have to find ones that show my upper body shape.

Also, I like to wear heels because they make me feel like my posture changes and is more flattering for my hips and lower stomach.

zoodoo613
07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
The more I read about you pears, the less I think the description fits me. I am bigger on the bottom than top, but not that substantially. And I just don't have that smallness on top that I associate with pears. I thought maybe I just had the wrong idea of what a pear is, but when I read what self-identified pears say, I think I was dead-on.

lucky8
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
id say im a pear:dizzy:

caramelkitty
07-13-2011, 12:36 PM
my measurements are 38-31-43 ..... im like a hourglass mixed with a pear!
pearglass ! HA!

Sunnydays
07-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure a pear/skittle? What is it called when you have: HUGE thighs, larger calves, thinner stomach, little boobs, and slightly thick upper arms?

envelope
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
My shape is straight.

claire0412
07-13-2011, 01:54 PM
According to this:
http://bodyshapestyle.com/2008/04/26/what-body-shape-am-i/

I am an hourglass. I don't have very big boobs though (34B on a good day), and I don't think I look like an hourglass anymore. I used to, but then I lost my boobs :( I don't know what kind of bodyshape I have, even when I look at photos. I always used to think pear, but maybe not.

Laureedee
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
I also gain like an apple (most of my weight goes right to my stomach!) but as I'm losing, my body is changing shape. I'm more pear, or going by the link April posted, a bell.

April Snow
07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
this was a link on what claire0412 posted, but it relates back to the thing I posted which is from Trinny and Susannah on the UK version of What Not to Wear.

It's quick quiz to see which one of their shapes you fall into, no measurements needed!

http://bodyshapestyle.com/wp-content/plugins/Trinny-Susannah-Body-Shape-Quiz.jpg

I came out to be a goblet, same as what I had indentified when I looked at the ones in the article I linked to yesterday.

kiahna23
07-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Im like a slight hourglass lol. Small breast, small hips but ppl think they arent. I am kind of a straight hourglass lol. Depends on what Im wearing or my weight.

zoodoo613
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm cello? Or just a fat hourglass? Any of the bottom-heavier descriptions just don't fit me at all. Even less so the top heavier ones. Or maybe I'm a 13th, unnamed body type. That would explain why clothes just don't fit me.

ringmaster
07-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm not really even sure what shape I am. I've been calling myself an apple, but it might be because I focus on my belly flab the most.

I do carry some in my butt and thighs, but I don't have one of those nice booties that are considered hot, lol. Even though I'm a C-D cup, and my boobs are a more than a handful, I really don't think they look all that big and look small with my height and weight. My upper arms have some flab, but aren't too bad.

I guess I might be more of a ruler or banana, just a chubby one.

Loli
07-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm an apple . I have a short torso and longer than average legs for my height. I also have a little bit of a booty and plenty of boobs. So, the boobs help to hide my belly. You know what I'm talking about? They bring my shirt further out so as to camouflage my belly - but only when I'm standing up.

kiahna23
07-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I have very small breast and relatively no hips. Some say i do. I have a little big of butt. Imma attach a pic. What am i?!!! :( I dont know. I atttached a pic of the front and my avatar is the side. Please help me out. I was thinking apple.

SouthLake
07-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I guess I'm a lollipop or a weird hourglass. Atleast at my normal weight, I am. My hips and bust usually measure the same, but I have no butt and huge boobs with a small ribcage (32DD) I also have a very short torso (though that's due to scoliosis) and long legs. I am the epitome of never finding anything that fits.

When I gained weight, the first 60+ went all over, then the last 30 or so went right to my waist.

April Snow
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I happened to find the article that talks about only 8% being hourglass.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8335282/Modern-women-not-as-shapely-as-they-like-to-think.html

But I'm not sure that it's really accurate, or if .7 is really the current standard that people look at. The reason being that according to this article, the average waist size has gone up 2.5 inches BUT the average hip size has gone DOWN 3 inches. So fewer women have the kind of really accented hourglass that we think of from the movie stars of the 1950s, but the more prevalent type is a more lean look overall, even if the waist is less defined. I bet that if you took most modern actresses, who tend to be much slimmer than say Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor, they aren't going to have a .7 ratio either - not because their waists aren't small, but their hips will be smaller too.

klm80
07-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm an hourglass. My latest measurements are 47-40-49 and at my smallest (165lbs at age 18) I was the same, I had a very small waist and huge hips/chest.

Typical hourglass, right?

AriesNV
07-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Vase

berryblondeboys
07-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm an hourglass. My latest measurements are 47-40-49 and at my smallest (165lbs at age 18) I was the same, I had a very small waist and huge hips/chest.

Typical hourglass, right?

You would think, but you would be considered straight according to that one site. I'm 43-35-44 and it said I was straight and I'm curvier than you!

April Snow
07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
This goes back to the article I just posted - I think that most of these places use a .7 waist to hip ratio to determine an hourglass shape.

so while someone might have a defined waist, 47-40-49 and 43-35-44 both work out to about .8 rather than .7. But my guess is that if you took most of the "hot Hollywood actresses" many of them would be more like a .8 as well because they are usually very narrow in the hips.

Arctic Mama
07-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Its the ratio that generally makes the difference. If your waist isn't 25% or so less than the circumference of your hips (and shoulders/bust) then you have a straighter figure, visually, than one with a more pronounced waist nip. It's still nice and proportional, it just means you want to accent your waist and can wear garments ith more flare/details on the hem and neckline than a curvier body type (where such things can add visual weight where there isn't any).

It's also possible for one's shape to change as they add or subtract weight from themselves. I turn into an apple when I gain beyond a certain amount of weight, as my torso fills out but not my limbs. However in the normal and overweight range of the BMI, or even the lowest end of obese for my height, I am an hourglass that becomes more pronounced. If you tend to gain in your waist I'd imagine that is where you'd lose it as you get lower on the scale, which will change those ratios :)

Arctic Mama
07-13-2011, 06:10 PM
This goes back to the article I just posted - I think that most of these places use a .7 waist to hip ratio to determine an hourglass shape.

so while someone might have a defined waist, 47-40-49 and 43-35-44 both work out to about .8 rather than .7. But my guess is that if you took most of the "hot Hollywood actresses" many of them would be more like a .8 as well because they are usually very narrow in the hips.

Yup, as one article correctly pointed out, lollipops are a common shape in actresses. Many tend to be less curvy on the bottom and through the waist than we might first believe. Some of the nicest figures I have seen, in terms of what *I* class as visually feminine and appealing, have been slightly heavier hourglass and pear-shaped housewives! The higher end of a normal BMI, with soft curves? Lovely! But then again, one of my friends growing up was a petite little ruler and she also had a gorgeous, feminine shape.

I think what it comes down to is that women can be beautiful at any size, ratio, height, whatever! So much of it comes down to confidence, dressing for YOUR body, and the personal taste of the beholder ;)

berryblondeboys
07-13-2011, 06:24 PM
It's also possible for one's shape to change as they add or subtract weight from themselves. I turn into an apple when I gain beyond a certain amount of weight, as my torso fills out but not my limbs. However in the normal and overweight range of the BMI, or even the lowest end of obese for my height, I am an hourglass that becomes more pronounced. If you tend to gain in your waist I'd imagine that is where you'd lose it as you get lower on the scale, which will change those ratios :)

Is is definitely true. I was getting more apple shaped as I gained weight. I gained everywhere, but was gaining more and more at the waist. With this weight loss journey, and almost 60 pounds (I didn't do measurements for the fist few weeks), my chest has gone done 3 inches (all in the rib cage, not boobage), five inches in the hips, 5 in my thighs and 7 in my waist. And when I look at my body, my chest cant/won't go down much more as most of the fat is gone, my waist is still quite chunky/fatty as are my hips. My legs are looking pretty good size and shape wise, but lotso cellulite which will stay, unfortunately. So, my waist to hips ratio has improved and I expect it to continue to improve.

saef
07-13-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm a pared-down pear.

My problem with weight loss has always been that, by the time I like the shape of my thighs & butt & particularly my calves, my upper body has become downright gaunt. In particular, my nose gets beaky-looking. People then tell me I've lost too much weight. So I have to work at acknowledging that my lower half & upper half will never both at the same time live up to my ideals for them. And that's been pretty hard to accept.

christine123
07-13-2011, 07:04 PM
I am actually a spoon according to that site shopyourshape. I have shelf hips. The one photo is almost exactly what I looked like at my thinnest which was 131lbs. I never officially measured at that weight but I guestimmated based on my clothing waist size (26) and bust (34b). No matter how much I lost, I couldn't get rid of the shelf. My mother even had the shelf when she was thin! I was weighing in at Weight Watchers at the time and the meeting leader told me to stop losing. But I really wanted to get rid of the hips shelf which never disappeared. I was looking at myself naked this morning and even heavier than 131, I look exactly like the photo with the shelf hips. I hate it.

xxkaleidoscopic
07-14-2011, 04:33 AM
I've never really measured myself, but I always just assumed I was an hourglass. My boobs are huge, even when I'm small, so that's not really a debate. =P I don't have much of a butt compared to my boobs, but my hip bones are very wide set. I guess I shall measure myself when I hit goal! I think it's hard to tell when you're carrying extra weight.

sniperhil
07-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Fitmom and Beachbreeze

Thanks for the clothing advice. I appreciate it. :D

runningfromfat
07-14-2011, 10:23 AM
So I read that article (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8335282/Modern-women-not-as-shapely-as-they-like-to-think.html) and my thought on it is that you have a lot of women who are *almost* hourglasses (like myself) that identify more with an hourglass figure than that of a ruler.

For me, my waist to hip ratio is 0.79 and I have a large bust/broad shoulders/large butt with a defined waist. The corresponding description for a ruler just doesn't fit well at all (long and lean, boyish shape... um, NO!) so either they need to change the description for what a ruler is OR they need to include some sort of middle ground because clearly a lot of women are almost hourglasses (even on this thread a lot of other responders have said that hourglass fits them better BUT they just don't quite make the measurements).

In the end I had to :rolleyes: at this article some. I've seen it before where articles like to wave around that women have distorted body images and we think we're in soooo much better shape and soooo much prettier than we really are. Well, in reality the definition of an hourglass is someone with a defined waist, large bust, large hips and the hips/bust are roughly in proportion. MANY women fit that description but that just might not have quite AS a defined waist as the coveted 0.7 ratio. Certainly, someone with that 0.7 is going to have an even harder time finding clothes but I can tell you from personal experience it is pretty hard to find nice buttoned down shirts and dresses with defined waists/fitted in the chest that remotely look good on me. So I have a feeling other women like me, who are in this in between area feel the same and refer to themselves as an hourglass because it's a much more appropriate description than a ruler, which conjures up imagines of tall svelte Hollywood stars with no curves at all.

I just get so upset with articles like this. Women have enough body image issues and the last thing we need is someone else telling us once again that we are less attractive than we think we are. That NO YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PERFECT BODY SHAPE FOR ME. Gee thanks. Oh, and remember, we're also fatter than our predecessors because we work too much (ah, good let's throw in some work guilt and mom guilt for the working moms out there).

The stress thing mentioned in the article is also pretty :rolleyes: worthy. Do people really believe that the urban housewife in the 50's didn't have stress? If so why in the world was the feminine mystique written in the first place? How many times do I hear SAHM's today who are under enormous amounts of stress to keep up with the kids, clean, cook, and still fit in healthy foods/exercise. I don't believe for one second that they weren't stressed out then too. Both working women/housewives have enormous amount of stress and I don't believe for one second that's why our bellies are bigger. Now if you want to talk about the availability of fast food, all the crazy ingredients they put into food now-a-days, and the effects of sitting at a desk all day that's another story entirely, but stress, really????

ChickieChicks
07-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Pear, I'd say.

38-31-43

But as I lose more weight, I will probably get to 36-28-42. My butt never changes! LOL

zoodoo613
07-14-2011, 11:34 AM
"Scientists who study waist-to-hip ratios – the waist measurement divided by the hip measurement – say a ratio of 0.7, enjoyed by women such as Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor at her peak, is most likely to be attractive to the opposite sex."

WTH?! Scientist say?! I don't care what scientist say, I might be interested in what their research shows, but this isn't talking about some study of what men find appealing. It's talking about what shape women are.

That we're fatter now than in the 50s I believe. But that where we spend our days has affect where our bodies store our fat? I need to see the hard data on that.

This article is fluff.