Does it Work? - Detoxing... Juice fasting, raw food detox... etc.

EricAnn
07-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Hello!

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on here about detoxing but I couldn't find anything in the first couple pages.

So, I was just wondering if any of you have had success with different detoxes, and if so, which one? How does it work? How long were you on it for? Did you keep the weight off or was it purely just to cleanse your system?

I'm thinking of starting on one, but there are just so many... some recommend you go on the detox for a few days others say for a few weeks, some recommend you take certain pills (probably some sort of laxative), etc... so I'm a bit confused as to where I should go with it.

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

E

Lovely
07-11-2011, 08:53 PM
The human body doesn't need to detox.

That's what organs like the liver and kidneys are for. We're a very amazing biological machine =) We clean ourselves out. And if we don't, then we need a doctor not pills.

nelie
07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Many 'detox' products are a scam. Your body is good at deriding itself. I would recommend eating lots of fruits, veggies and whole foods in general.

Tejas
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree totally with the others- there is no need to detox and the commercial products just put money in the pockets of the manufacturers and do nothing for you.

You lose water in any detox, and you gain it right back as soon as you eat and drink properly.

bargoo
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
All of the above .

EricAnn
07-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Makes sense to me! Thank you all!