Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Think of food 24/7 ~ anybody else have that problem?

I woke up this morning ~ my first thoughts were of what I was gonna eat. I put off getting up, because when I get out of that bed, the battle begins again ~ thinking about food. It feels like I think of it every waking moment. I hate that I have to sturggle with this everyday.

I finish one meal, and already I am thinking of what I will have for the next meal. It is like that is the pleasure of my life ~ eating. And looking forward to the next time I get to eat.

Help ~ what is wrong with me?

Thanks for listening ~ glynne (Gayle)
Old 01-14-2003, 09:06 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Nothing is wrong with you, Gayle! I find while I'm dieting I seem to always have food on the brain.

Best advice: pick up a new hobby - get distracted from the diet. Take a craft class or get on the phone and call a friend. Change the routine - this will help

Dana
Old 01-14-2003, 09:37 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am the same way. I am finding that if I plan my meals ahead oftime, there is less to think about during the day.

It's wierd, but it also seems as if the less I eat, the less I am consumed by it.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i bet we ALL feel this. i swear, sometimes i think i fanasize about food more often then that other things i should be fantasizing about!

i won't even tell you what food i am dreaming about now...
Old 01-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #5  

You're not alone, glynne. Sometimes I find myself just constantly thinking about when I'm going to be able to eat next, & what that will be. I don't know if it will actually get better some day, but that's what I'm telling myself for now!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:54 AM   #6  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I can completely relate, especially when I am driving home from work and I am hungry LOL
Old 01-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #7  

Boy can I relate. When I start eating, I start planning what I'll eat next. It's odd that I'm such a picky eater, when that's what I want to do. I can also relate to what Sandi said. The less I eat.. the less I think of food. That's interesting too. I need to think on that.

Sandie
Old 01-16-2003, 07:06 AM   #8  
Searching

Lightbulb Hello my name is Chris.........

and I am a food addict. My whole day obsesses on what I put into my mouth . I have an eating disorder, I have an addiction to food. Here is the kicker, I can't quit. No cold turkey for this baby because unlike drugs or alcohol I actually need it to survive.

So everyday I fight a battle first not to obsess over it. I distract myself, I try to figure out the whys in my unhealthy thinking.

I find having a set menu plan helps alot. If I already have a menu I can't do anymore food planning can I?

I go to the gym and make up stories in my head. I think about how people in movies never seem to have time to eat. Sure its make believe or could it be they are too busy living?

But I am not alone and eating is not my whole life. I am choosing everyday who I want to be, what I want to be, and what I can control. I am learning to love myself. And I am not alone.

Miss Chris
Old 01-16-2003, 08:40 AM   #9  

For me, the only thing that keeps me from thinking about food all the time is eating low carb.

Pen
265/218.5/160ish
Old 01-17-2003, 12:53 AM   #10  

I know what you mean. Lately I've realized that I tend to think about food when I'm bored. If I don't have something to do or think about, I'll plan what I'm going to eat. Which is bad, because I always plan to eat bad things. I'll think: hey, I could go to McDonalds or Wendys or whatever. It is an obsession.

But hey, in prehistoric times, we would be survivors. We would be the best at finding food. Maybe it is a human instinct that just doesn't work in the land of fast food.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:53 PM   #11  

Yep. I have that same problem. It's an obsession. I cross stitch and still can't stop thinking about food. It's sick, really. It doesn't help that my hubby is 6'3" and 180lbs and has the fastest metabolism on the planet. He eats 5 times what I do.... the Lumberjack Slam at Denny's, 1/2 a loaf of white toasted break with butter, steak, potatoes, bags of chips and salsa.... buckets of peanuts, and doesn't gain an ounce. Not an ounce. And then he's hungry again in an hour, and it's so hard to NOT eat when he's eating... ARG.
Closed Thread