Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat--July 11th-July 17th

View Full Version : Weekly Chat--July 11th-July 17th

ontarget
07-11-2011, 01:25 PM
New pages.....

Vickie, I'm glad you're getting in your pool now. My gf and I went this AM. We're going 3 days this week.

Rhonda, how much longer till you can get back to your usual routine? I'll bet it seems like a long time. I'm starting to feel that way about archery. I haven't been flinging many arrows lately.

I grilled tilapia for lunch today. Yummy!

Vickie
07-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I was in the pool yesterday too, Sandra, for about 2 hours. It felt nice. We had big storms this morning. I have to go get ready now as Jim has his follow up appointment with the Cardiologist today. Pray for good news.

beach bum
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had to have a inspection on my car for the year and than I went to the cemetery. After my main meal I went to Walmart to pick up some bras and I met Alice on the other side of the bra aisle.She was looking for bra also.I helped her find her size as she smaller than me.

Now I'm home with the A/C on.The temps are going into the high 80's with the humidity up there also.Haven't been eating right having too many salty snacks.

Went to see super 8 but 1/4 way though my friend Mary walked out[she thought it was about zombies] and went into another theater to see Horrible Bosses. She wasn't happy with that movie either as every other work was the f word. We met out doors and went to Soprano's Italian restaurant.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages.I think its the heat that effecting all of use I used to exercise fatefully but now I can't seem to take any interest.

VICKIE-That's great you can swim my friend and I just wade in the water. Hope my DD doesn't expect me to swim while we in Maine. I saw the predicted storms on the weather channel.Take care and prayer for your DH.

Have a great evening

Tejas
07-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Vickie, I really hope Jim is getting good, at least not bad, news.

Sandra, I have no idea how long it will take for my knee to heal. But, it could be a few months. It started hurting in late April and I didn't back off enough it seems. I imagine through this month I should be babying it, and I am.

At least I'm learning more about UB work now. Today I did 3 sets of 10 of the overhead press at 50 pounds. That's 1500 pounds up over my head. Then, I did 3 sets of 10 of incline chest press at 55 pounds. That's even more. :lol:

ontarget
07-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Vickie, I hope Jim gets good news. Let us know what you find out. We stayed in the water 1.5 hours today. I slept about that long this afternoon. Siesta?

Rhonda, don't rush things with your knee. Remember short time pain instead of long time pain.

Maryann, glad you had fun with your gf.

It's almost time for OA. We're going out for dinner afterwards. Sort of "girls' night out." Should be fun.

ems81wales
07-12-2011, 05:47 AM
morning chicks

sandra what is that thing u grilled for lunch?

Rhonda take it easy with your kneww you dont wanna over do it to soon

Maryann i hope the weather gets better here im sick of the rain and clouds here some days it has been nice but most is rain and clouds :(

Hope everyone else is ok xxx

jojo23
07-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Morning all. If I haven't lost weight this week, I shall want to know why. Yesrerday we washed all the paintwork down in the small bedroom which, being an old Victorian house isn't that small. This morning I was up early and have just finished painting the 'bit' between the back door and the kitchen. It's not very big abd all doors and windows.

I with you on the weather Em... if its not raining its blowing a gale and doesn't it get hot and muggy.

Rhonda, you take care now. Maryann and I know all about painful knees!

I envy you with your pools. We haven't got one, just a little paddling pool for teeny tots

beach bum
07-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

HHH again,so I'm just going to go out to the supermarket to get some fruit than I ran out of last night. Than out again at 4PM for my appointment with the doctor. Looks like I will have a the A/C's on all day long.

SANDRA-Thanks,They are a great bunch that I found.They all have different interests and when I'm with them in a group or one on one they are wonderful fascinating people.

EMS-We're praying for rain the grass & the flowered bushes along with the garden veggies are so parched. Suppose to get thunder storms thought the day,but they come in as fast as they go out. Need a steady rain for one day to bring the grass from its brown to green color again.

JOJO-I don't have a pool,and i don't miss it. I used to like paddling in the ocean at one time but not anymore. Thanks Knee is ok again now it my both hands the fingers are getting to stiff. Going to the doctor this afternoon for a trigger finger that doesn't open by itself.He has an office procedure that will make it work again. Wish me luck.

Have to go have a great day

Vickie
07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Jim did pretty good at his appointment. Echo, Carotid, and holter tests all normal. Heart Check America type test showed some plaque. Dr. recommended a stress test now since it's been 4 years since the last. All we have is Dr.'s appointments this week. It's **** to get old but it beats the alternative!

We had humongous storms here yesterday morning. We were ok but 500,000 people lost electricity and it is HOT and MUGGY here right now. I'm always very thankful when our power stays on.

Today are our annual physicals. I'm sure my cholesterol will not be as good since I haven't been exercising. My heel is somewhat better so I need to try to find some low impact heel exercises.

Mary Ann, I don't really swim; just bounce and walk and jump and tread water like Sandra does. It's better than sitting on the couch.

Rhonda, you are a STRONG Chick in many ways!

Gotta run. I'll be back.

ontarget
07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Ems, tilapia is a whitefish. I think it originated from Africa but is now popular in restaurants and food markets over here.

JoJo, we have 4 birdbaths out for the little feathered fellas. They use them quite a bit, but their main choice is water on the ground when we're watering. ;) ;) ;) for a good wi this week.

Vickie, in my "other life" I had an inground pool with slide and diving board. I used to practically live in it in the summers--but I would be on a raft with a good book. (Now I would jump around) I do miss havng that pool sometimes and would make better use of it if we had it; however, that's not going to happen. I'll have to keep going to swimfit with my gf to hop around. Glad Jim got good reports. ;) ;) ;) to you both for more good news.

Maryann, we need that good slow steady rain, too.

Tejas
07-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Today, tap practice, stained glass work, volunteer work, cooking dinner, now resting! Good day.

I bought Why we get fat and what we can do about it, by Gary Taubes. I'll let you know what he has to say.

nancy237
07-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I am making good progress on the house list.
I do as much as I can do all day and then sit down in the evening and make a list of things to do that night.
Working on rotten deck boards, rotten trim, mulch, securing down top stones on stacked stone wall (dog & racoons flip then for lizards) , truck repair, & selling a few tools & things. I am proud that I got out on my deck and pulled up 12 rotten boards with a crowbar.. I was mad about it when I did it but now I am proud.
I have given up on my diet til Son returns to college.

Tejas
07-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Morning all:

I see that the news is making a big deal of the prediction that is going to be 102 today in Dallas. Well, folks, it's been that for days. It may not have been the "official" temperature but that's what the thermometers have been reading for quite a while. Misery.

So, the book I'm reading is quite interesting, but in short, he is saying that carbs do not make everyone fat, but, if you are fat, carbs are your problem. I don't doubt that. The book is a very thorough analysis of why most diets fail, how the calories in-calories out is too simplistic, etc. It's Why We Get Fat and What to do About It by Gary Taubes.

Nancy, good work!

Vickie
07-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early and off to more appointments and errands.

Goodness gracious all I said above was H E double hockey sticks and the board changed THAT?!!!!!! SORRY if I offended anyone. Sheesh and double harumph.

Light and love to you all. BBL.

jojo23
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Gosh girls, just listen to what happened to me.

We are putting a light spring green carpet in the small bedroom, white walls and the same green curtains. I saw a beautiful green marble pot with lid in the charity shop for 5. It would look lovely on the table infront of the window, so I bought it. When I got it home at lunch time Mark took the lid off and his colour drained. There were some poor soul's ashes in there. I took it back, but no one in the shop knows who brought it in. I got my money back and high tailed it home for a swift very strong coffee.

What's wrong with HE double hockey sticks Vickie... touchy folk out there aint there?
Have a good one everyone. Oh I almost forgot. Maryann I had a trigger finger, back in the days when it was corrected by surgery in the hospital. Just by chance an osteopath I was seeing for my back, released the trapped nerve I didn't know was trapped and the finger came back to normal within a few days.

Tejas
07-13-2011, 11:26 AM
:rofl: I was trying to figure out why Vickie was talking about hockey :rofl:

I've never heard of "trigger finger." Guess I'm lucky. The middle finger of my right hand is constantly sore, and NO it's not because it gets a workout while I'm driving!!!

Jojo, that is an amazing story. Perhaps someone will miss the ashes eventually, or perhaps the store should just release them in the wilds somewhere.

I've decided to try to limit my carbs to 100 grams a day. That is 60 fewer carbs than the minimum that the Mayo Clinic recommends. I'll see if I can stand it and if it has any effect. On the days that I lift weights, I'll eat more of them and just before the workout.

If you want to read an inspiring story, go to the goals section and read "101 pounds lost"...this woman is running races after having had recent brain surgery. Her name is Rhonda and she lives in this area, but it ain't me :lol:

blessedwithsarah
07-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone. I hope you are all staying cool. Its been miserable here for the past couple days -- Hot, hot, hot and HUMID! I miss the snow from this winter.......its supposed to cool off today and tomorrow should be dry and in the mid 70's. Can't wait. Nothing worse than getting ready for work this morning and sweating while I was doing it.

Had WI today - lost 2 pounds! I'm glad I skipped wi last week but sat in the meeting. It got me back on track. I'm down 6 pds since we started - my ticker is a bit off, I need to fix that.

Jojo -- its a good thing you looked inside. Can you imagine if you just had it in your room for a while and then looked! EEK. I've got to wonder if it was a spouse's ashes, and when the widow died, the house just got cleaned out with out anyone realizing.

I picked up a load of zucchini at the farmers market yesterday. Anyone have favorite recipes? I do grill it and I've made frittatas. Any other suggestions?

Have a good day!

blessedwithsarah
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Ok, fixed my tracker....

ontarget
07-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I am home from swimfit and lunch. Ate healthy. Exercised a bit. Life is good.

Vickie, I'm still laughing about your "hockey sticks". :lol: I love you, girl!

JoJo, what a shocker that must have been. Wonder who ya'll had there? But then that's sad someone sold the urn in the first place. Sometimes don't you just wonder, "What next?"

Paula, :woohoo: on losing. You go, girl!

Rhonda, Rhonda 2 is amazing--but so are you.

Nancy, you're getting a lot done. I'm impressed. You're bound to be losing some weight. Don't fret the scales.

I am readying to play Scrabble. Got to exercise my noodle a bit. Have a good, comfortable afternoon.

nancy237
07-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Another day of good progress. Found a handyman that has great tips and good prices. I have a good feeling about him after meeting him. He is going to cut and nail deck boards to replace rotten ones, build a one step stair to shed (we step on shifting stones and its dangerous) and fix my busted outside spigots. I like the way I am doing as much as possible , getting help from family & friends & then hiring what I can't get done any other way.

JoJo..What an interesting story .. I think I would have kept it ..Can you imagine telling dinner guest that the jar contains an unknown persons ashes. I like to stir the pot enough that I may get an urn , add fireplace ashes and
put it on my table. But since Robin just passes thats a terrible idea
Maybe it was a pet ..

Rhonda..I like the sound of that book .I may get a copy..

Paula..Good Job !!! I like you tracker. I used to make a good zucchini bread recipe but I don't know about the calories in it...If you want it I will look for it.

Vickie..Try to keep it clean :lol: I am just ribbing you !!

Maryann..let us know how the "finger" procedure went.

Sandra.. my stepdaughter loves scrabble and also loves a
game called snatch(I think) ..She used the scrabble tiles & if you haven't heard of it I'll try to explain it

beach bum
07-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Had the junk man here this morning and got rid of an old pool table,power shovel,microwave,cat taxi,cat scratching post,Christmas tree and some old boxes. Now I can clean the basement floors where the junk was kept and reorganized the basement. Have all my seasonal clothes in the up stairs closet. Now its going to be up to my DD & DS what they want,if not another run to the dump for the junk man in Sept.

Mary Ann, I don't really swim; just bounce and walk and jump and tread water like Sandra does. It's better than sitting on the couch.

VICKIE-Oh I could do that,but we don't have a town pool in the neighborhood. I guess we can do that in the beaches also.Just go to the beach late in the evening so no one see us.

Maryann, we need that good slow steady rain, too.

SANDRA-My poor tomato plants are so thirsty,try to water them every day. I thought I was only going to get 8 tomatoes as that how many blossoms were on the plants.Now I see over twenty.I guess the tomatoes like HH weather. Still watering,wish I could have some relieve from Mother Nature.

I am making good progress on the house list.

NANCY[Your doing good,getting the house fixed up. I saw some rotten boards on my house several years ago and had our handy fix the rotten boards. He gave me a cortisone shot in the base of my finger and if it does work in 4 weeks I should come back and he will cut a small incision in the same place as the cortisone shot was.

Maryann I had a trigger finger, back in the days when it was corrected by surgery in the hospital. Just by chance an osteopath I was seeing for my back, released the trapped nerve I didn't know was trapped and the finger came back to normal within a few days

JOJO-My Orthopedic doctor asked if my fingers we still tingling and I told him yes, He took a xray of my hand and asked if I wanted to have a operation on my spine and I TOLD HIM NO !!!!! Than he told me I have an acute carpel tunnel in my left hand. Wanted to know if I wanted to have the Carpel tunnel and the trigger fixed at the same time. I told him I just want the trigger finger worked on today,as I going on vacation with my DD and don';t want to have a hurting hand when I'm away. He gave me a cortisone shot in the base of my finger and if strung for most of the day and night. I now can use the trigger finger again and my hand feels lot better. If it comes back in 4 weeks he will cut the area and move the tangled nerve. What ever that means.

Had WI today - lost 2 pounds! I'm glad I skipped wi last week but sat in the meeting. It got me back on track. I'm down 6 pds since we started - my ticker is a bit off, I need to fix that

PAULA-Congrats on your 2 lb loss and total of 6 you're doing terrific.
Wish WW would have worked for me but being with them for 32 week and now losing I knew something was wrong and I should try another. Now I just try to eat healthy and watch my calories & carbs.

Have a great evening

Tejas
07-13-2011, 08:28 PM
nancy, the book is fascinating to me. It takes some work to get through it all, and he is a science writer.

Also, I know the person who did the basic research behind the Glycemic Index and I wrote to him today about not being able to get the belly fat off. He wrote to me that it is not unusual as a part of aging, but that he and his fellow researchers have recently finished work on what the call Eco Atkins. I searched it on the 'net and found a lot of information. It is vegetarian, thus, may not appeal to most of us, but they got some good results. Still, it may be because there was quite a calorie reduction. But, it seems that it gave good insulin control.

nancy237
07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
but that he and his fellow researchers have recently finished work on what the call Eco Atkins. I searched it on the 'net and found a lot of information. It is vegetarian, thus, may not appeal to most of us, but they got some good results. Still, it may be because there was quite a calorie reduction. But, it seems that it gave good insulin control.

That sounds interesting . I need to get excited about a new heathly eating plan. I am not a huge meat eater anyway so I will read up on it. My joints really tell me about it when I eat junk like I have this summer..

nancy237
07-14-2011, 01:17 AM
My dog Skipper has hurt her knee somehow and isn't putting any weight on it.
She has had several knee surgeries and I don't think she could go through another because of her overall condition with age & arthritis.
I have her on pain meds and will take her in to be checked tomorrow.
I can't even think how I will cope if she has torn it bad because I won't let her suffer ..
I am sleeping on the couch tonight because she can't go up the stairs and she likes to be right beside me at night.
I worry about making the right decision for her ..Not letting her suffer but
weighing the chance she could get better.

jojo23
07-14-2011, 03:19 AM
To be honest, we can see the funny side of it now and our neighbours are cracking up:D
That's what we thought Paula No Sandra, no one sold them they were donated. Charity shops are where people donate unwanted things so that the charity can sell them for the charity. I remember once, I was clearing out all our clutter for a flea market in aid of our daughter's school. I stuck a label on a handbag saying 'as new, used once' and thank the lord I checked inside because sitting proudly on the bottom of the bag was my mum's spare set of dentures from when she had gone on vacation the previous summer:yikes::yikes:

My husband has C.T. both hands Maryann caused by his job

Ah Vickie give Skipper a cuddle from me. When Dolly our lab had her ligaments replaced Mark slept on the sofa for several nights and even supported her rear end when she went out for a wee:dizzy:

pam920
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
morning chicks.

jojo, I'm glad you can laugh about it now. I would have been mortified. My sis has my dads ashes. When she dies, his ashes will be buried with her.

Nancy, hope your doggie will be okay.

Rhonda, did a quick check on that diet. Sounds too restrictive for me. I don't eat a lot of meat either. I was holding my weight and then got serious and started tracking and have gained 2 lbs. What the heck (no double hockey sticks, lol). So, I am lost on what to do.

Maryann, hope your finger gets back to normal soon.

Sandra, wish I had a pool here. Used to have one in Florida and never used it. Sounds like you are having fun.

Vickie, you seem pretty busy these days. Stop and smell the roses.

Paula, congrats on your 2 lb loss. Wish I could say the same.

ems, hope things are well with you.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. My brain does not function well this early.

ontarget
07-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Nancy, I hope Skipper is all right. You have found a great handy man to help. That's good news.

Rhonda, you know a lot of interesting folks. I hope your friend is helping you. You've been frustrated quite a while. Kudos for keeping at exercising.

JoJo, that sounds like what's called Goodwill over here. Dentures? lol

Today I'm meeting a gf from my youth. We'll do lunch and reminiscing. (sp?) Should be fun. Tomorrow? Back into the water!

Pun, are you here? Hop in and join us.

Maryann, it's good you're decluttering. We do that, too. It's amazing how stuff accumulates.

Vickie, are you in the water today?

Ems and Paula, :wave:

Did I mention I'm over 400 days sugar free? Life is good.

beach bum
07-14-2011, 09:47 AM

What a down pour we had last night along with thunder bummers. We're going to be in the low 70's today with the humidity gone. Guess where I'm heading, correct, down to the beach to get my walking done.

I'm going to open my windows & doors to get the fresh sea air indoors.TG we had some relief storm this weather.

Thanks I hope my fingers & hand go back to normal,but if the cortisone shot doesn't work I have to have hand surgery,in 4 weeks . TG I'll be a out patient,but I'm not going to have it done until my DD & DGC back home.

Have a great day

Tejas
07-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Just a quick note before I head out to stained glass class.. I'll let you know more about the diet as I learn about it. I won't ever be vegetarian but can definitely eat a wider variety of protein sources and fewer carbohydrates. They took the carbohydrates down to 26% of the diet, quite a reduction from government recommendations.

kristia117
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
hi everyone :D i'm new to the forums and looking for some friends to chat with!

i'm from the jersey shore and i just started weight watchers yesterday. so far it seems easy enough to keep track of, especially since i have the app on my cell phone. has anyone else tried weight watchers? if so let me know how it worked for you please!

jojo23
07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Welcome Kristia... what an unusual and pretty name. I'm in the UK. We have agreat many WW on here and the advice and support you will get is amazing. We are all ages and all sizes and a very friendly bunch. I have had immense support on here and many many laughs

ontarget
07-14-2011, 06:43 PM
:welcome: Kristia! What a beautiful name! Yes, we have all been Weight Watchers and most of us are still following WW guidelines fairly (loosely?)close. Welcome to the group. I like how JoJo described us. She's point on.

Well, Chickies, I am now officially old. One of our teenage granddaughters has died her hair blond on top, black on the bottom, with streaks of pink, green, and blue. :yikes:

nancy237
07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Kristia

:wel3fc:

:welcome2:

:welcome:

:welcome3:

This is the greatest group you will ever meet

When you need a :grouphug:

or need to throw a :tantrum:

or need a swift :kickbutt:

..and when its your Birthday we will remind you that birthday
calories do not count in any way :nose:

..and Sandra, just who were you talking about that is following the plan "loosely", surely not me :D:D I am well beyond "loose" at this point !!

nancy237
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh I forgot , my dog Skipper is putting a tiny amount of weight on her bad knee today !! :carrot::carrot: I didn't take her to the vet because my brother (a vet) said since we aren't going through surgery to just try the pain meds and watch her.

pam920
07-14-2011, 08:32 PM
:welcome3: Kristia. Hope you will join us on your journey. I agree with the other chicks, we have an amazing group of ladies here.

Sandra, my daughter, the hair stylist, has her hair black with a touch of red in front, with feathers!!! But, I like it. Yes, the style is light on top with dark underneath. You're not old. If you are, then I'm even older, so hush.

Nancy, good to hear your furry friend is doing better.

I follow WW very loose these days. I bought a copy of Woman's World (at the checkout) and they have a diet titled....Better than Weight Watchers. I might give it a try. We are going to Vegas in Sept and I need to lose a few pounds because I always put on at least 2 lbs when I go there. If anyone wants the website for the diet, private me and I'll send it to you. Their site might give more info than the magazine did. I haven't looked it over completely yet.

beach bum
07-15-2011, 08:53 AM

What a beautiful day we have to go down to the PB club. The sun is shinning and the air is cool. On the opposite end of the Cape is the Kenny Wedding so we will be definitely away from the crowds.

Read on the internet to use Lysol cleaner for the cement floors after you vacuum. But be sure NOT to wet the floor to much.and damp sponge mop will do. If you have stains on the floor pretreat it with Vinegar. So I going to try the project tomorrow.

:welcome:KRISTIA TO THE THREAD YOU LIKE IT HERE WOMAN ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND NANCY SAID IT ALL WE'LL BE THERE FOR YOU

Have to go and get ready for the PB club.See you guys tomorrow

Vickie
07-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'll be flying soon for the day. The heat is on its way back to Chicagoland. The family will be back on Saturday afternoon so my house/garden caretaking duties end today. I'll try to be in the pool all weekend if I can. Brodie has a Vet visit today for a shot and then we can relax for the rest of the day. Jim got the all clear on his toe but can't swim until it's healed. Too much bacteria in the pool.

Welcome, Kristia!!! You're going to love it here. Are you doing Simply Filling or regular Weight Watchers? I'm doing WW but trying to eat as many Simply Filing foods as possible.

Tejas
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
:welcome2:Kristia. We're a great group of people. Hang around, check in often, and see how you like it here. I've just begun trying a low carb approach, after having read Why We Get Fat and What We Can Do About It.

We have a lot of laughs here and give lots of good advice to one another. Nancy and Jojo (and others) have said it well.

Now, here's a story about getting old. Yesterday I took my great niece and her almost half-sister (it's complicated) out for the afternoon. They are 7 and 5 years old. The 5 year old was born in France and she just returned from a visit there. I asked her if her Dad's parents were still alive and did she see them. She said yes, she saw them but "they are old." I said that they would have to be because they were her Dad's parents. The she says---get ready--"Some old people are still alive." :rofl: Isn't that just great?? Here, on this site, the old people are still alive.

kristia117
07-15-2011, 12:16 PM
thank you all so much ladies! you are all so very welcoming! :hug:'s to you all! i'm doing the WW online, so i haven't gone to any meetings, but i was thinking maybe i should? it may be an extra motivator but for now i think i'll just stick with online.

jojo- that is so neat! i've always wanted to visit the UK, actually all of Europe in general, but unfortunately i've never been out of the U.S. hopefully that will change if i can save up some money! but being a college student is never easy on the cash lol!

ontarget- you are not old! i'm 19 and i still find hairstyles like that shocking! lol

nancy- i'm so happy to hear that birthday calories don't count! too bad my birthday's pretty far away... lol :P and also, i'm glad to hear that you're dog Skipper is feeling a little better! i know how hard it can be to see your animals hurt. a few years ago i had to put my Black Lab down because he had osteocarcoma, which is a type of bone cancer. we even had one of his legs amputated and chemo treatments, but they only prolonged his life about 6 months longer. shortly after that i actually got a job at the same vet's office. see how Skipper does for a few more days, and if he doesn't seem in any pain then he should be fine! an exercise that would be great for his knee would be if you have a swimming pool (even maybe a blow up kiddie pool!) or you could just use your bath tub, have him swim. it takes a lot of pressure off of the knee but helps him move it and build up muscle! it's great physical therapy, which the vet i worked with strongly believes in!

pam- let me know how it goes if you start that diet!

beach bum- i have to say that i am definitely a beach bum as well! which coast are you on?

vickie- i'm doing regular WW online. i'm not really familiar with simply filling. what is that?

tejas- i definitely will hang around and check in often!! :) just a warning, be careful with the low carb approach; i tried the 17 Day Diet about a month before i started WW, and it was very low carb & high protein. i lost about 4lbs in 2 weeks, which is pretty good, but after i stopped i gained all of it back almost immediatly. you're body still needs carbs for energy, just try to get mostly good ones from fruits, veggies, and whole grains. i took a nutrition class in my first year of college and my professor was a strong believer that carbs are very neccessary in our lives! so if you're feeling run down or tired from the low carb diet, you may need to add some more to your day for energy. you don't have to take my advice but it's just a little heads up for you :)

thank you all so much for such warm welcomes!!

ems81wales
07-15-2011, 01:14 PM
hey everyone hope your all well?

Sandra that fish wouldnt be any good for me im a strict veggie hehe

Pam im good thanks how are you?

Maryann how are things

tejas how are things?

Jojo this weather is still doing my head in how are you?

I lost 1.5lbs this week only one more lb to loose before i meet my birthday goal. Im 30 2 weeks today :D xxx

Tejas
07-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Kristie. I'm aware that really low cabs may not be a good idea. I'm going to eat them at about 30% of my diet for a while and see how I feel. I'll eat more of them most likely on the days I do heavy weight lifting.

ontarget
07-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow! Is out board alive and hopping or what!! It's so good to see everyone in high spirits. Life is good.

We're having "date night" so I'd best get off the puter and go look dazzling. Talk at cha later.

Vickie
07-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Watered the Niece's garden, got Brodie his shots, made home made applesauce, swam in the pool for 2 hours.....got sunburned, and cooked a Core dinner. We had fresh green beans, my Chicken Cacciatore served over whole wheat rotini, and homemade applesauce. Am I awesome or what?! Just kidding. I'm a little punchy. I'm going to blame the sunburn.

Light and love to you all. Be back in the morning.

pam920
07-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Vickie, I'm tired just reading all you did today.

I got up this morning to another 2 lbs gain. What is going on???? I took a water pill and hope tomorrow shows a better number. I have been a slouch lately, maybe that is what is wrong. I just did 2 miles with Leslie. Gosh, I'm so out of shape. My bad knee was really hurting in the back at the bend while doing it.

Sandra, have fun on your date. Where ya going?

I booked our airline tickets and hotel in Vegas the other day. Was telling my daughter. We are going on Sept 11. She about freaked out. Mother, it's the 10 yr anniversary of 9/11. I doubt I can change my tickets without paying a big surcharge. Am I crazy or what? I would imagine security will be extra high on that date.

Going to watch tv. Have a good evening.

nancy237
07-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Grandson helped me all day pulling up rotten deck boards, moving things from the garage, moving trailers & trucks around and lots of yard work. What a great helper. Then we cooled off in the pool, ate dinner & watched Free Willy. He told me today I was both a tomboy and a girly girl because I could use the crow bar to pull up deck boards but still love pink & squeal when I see a lizard.

jojo23
07-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Morning all. Thanks for the link Pam

Ems Re the weather::yikes: I'm building an ark love. What happened to the BBQ summer we were promised? What's the point of weather forecasts? last week they promised cold wet weather one day and the sun was cracking the pavements? Where did all this rain come from? This morning the TV said we would have it all weekend... what about my washing:devil:?

Kristia Come on over when you've saved up the pennies you will be more than welcome. London is full of history and as for Stratford... WOW. Scotland in the fall is breathtaking the beauty of the heather is indescribable.

No carbooting for us this W/E. Have you got a spare room Maryann? Two seniors seeking sanctuary over here.

Have a good one everyone.

ontarget
07-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Pam, we went out to dinner then came home and watched a movie. Well, actually, we'd already been out to dinner before I posted. Our dates are usually simple.

JoJo, do we need rain or what! I told Curtis we've been watching too many end of the world movies that involved weather. It's getting spooky here.

Vickie, it's so good to see you with so much energy. Can I have some?

We got out and shot this morning before it got too hot. Mornings are awesome. Afternoons? Awful! Okay, I'm through griping. Now I'm going to go enjoy some a/c and make lunch.

nancy237
07-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Our day was going to be busy with m grandson here , a friend & her husband coming from out of town to help , and the handyman coming to work on faucets.
Friends canceled due to son being sick & handyman just rescheduled for tomorrow. So GS and I are having a nice lazy morning and I am making a list of little things we can get done today.
My Skipper Dog is still having a tough time . She puts some weight on it but
I am afraid she really hurt it this time.

background for the newcomers :
My brother is a vet, (in another state) and agrees that she is too feeble & old to go through another knee surgery. That is why I am not taking her to the vet. She's had 3 ACL surgeries in the past. She is on pain pills and if this doesn't get better soon it will mean its more than a sprain & time to put her to sleep. My husband passed away in March so losing this amazing companion dog that has been at my side for 10 years will be tough.
Being greeted by my Skipper when I come home to an empty house helps so much.

kristia117
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM
hi everyone! hope you all are having a good weekend so far :) this morning i went in my pool and did some laps and water exercises, and they must have worked because now my arms feel like they're going to fall off! i don't even know how i'm typing right now LOL ! tomorrow i have to attend a fundraiser that my mom is throwing. it's a poker run, and i'm not really sure what to expect as i've never really been around motorcycles. oh well, there's a first for everything!

tejas- i'm glad to hear that you will be careful! just lookin out for ya :)

jojo- i definitely will ! i want to tour all around london and i've heard that about scottland in the fall as well. and fall is my favorite time of year :)

nancy- i'm very sorry to hear about your husband, and i hope everything works out alright for skipper. i'm happy to hear you and your grandson had a nice morning though!

beach bum
07-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Went to the beach to get my walking done, before my tackling with the basement. Got the basements shelves cleaned off and now the table with all the cleaning stuff on it. Monday I will start with my floors.

A next door neighbor told me to come in and see how her new robot vacuum cleaner worked. She told me that it cleans even in corners and under everything.Has anyone heard or has one of these machines. I was thinking of getting one so I don't have to bend and hurt my back as much. The reg upright vacuum I have doesn't pick up under the beds of sofas. Than before the British Open I saw a paid commercial about a steam duster mop & vacuum all in one by Shark Clean only with water and no chemicals. Trying to make live easier for myself without all the bending and knee activity involved.

Lost 2 lbs this morning.Hope I'm going to be on a roll,eating calories between 1336-1604

KRISIA-I live on the east coast,and I love to walk along the beach. Not s swimmer but I do wade in the water,with my friend Alice.

JOJO-Guess I will be having the CT surgery & trigger finger fixed after all. My finger even with the cortisone shot is still bending without coming back into the correct position.Yes I have a large spare room with a 1 twin bed, loveseat tv and along with a bathroom. My sister used it already and now my DD and the D will be up there shortly.

PAM-Thanks,but now I don't think so,my sister told me a cortisone shot is just a band aid and nothing more. Going to make my appointment after my DD goes home. Sorry about your two pounds, probably water retention in this hot heat.

EMS-Congrats on your 1.5 Everything is fine,just that my hand is bothering me. Have to wear a writs brace and finger splint at bed time.

SANDRA-Going to really clean the basement area next week.

Tejas
07-16-2011, 10:15 PM
:wave:

Too hot to write :lol:

Rhonda

jojo23
07-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Nancy I know what it is like. When our daughter died last year her black lab made us feel as if we still had a bit of her with us. There's nothing I can say which will help. Sending you all my love :hug:.

Tejas STOP BOASTING! We had a few days last week when it was as cold as a politician's heart over here. Yesterday we were promised really wet windy weather so I didn't do my washing. In the event, we had a glorious sunny warm day! How is the drought? Sounds serious.

Kristia Fall (we call it autumn over here) is my favourite time of year too. We have several old forests near where I live, Henry 8th used to hunt in them. In the fall they are truly beautiful and the pinecones make lovely Christmas tree baubles.

Well, I'm ashamed to say that we didn't get up until 10am this morning. After 32 years being carers and not getting very much sleep at night, it has taken us a year to get back into a normal sleep pattern. I've put the chicken in the oven for Sunday lunch which will probably be a late lunch/early tea.

Tejas
07-17-2011, 08:24 AM
But, but, Jojo, I was born a Texan, I live in Texas, I have to boast!! :lol:

(about what, I no longer know, but if I wrote all that it would be politics and some 3FC administrator might pull it ;) )

Vickie
07-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It is going to be hotter than blazes for the next 10 days here. Today is pool day with the Niece/Nephew and my Great Nephew and 2 Great Nieces. They are sad that this is the last year for our pool. We'll take them as our guests to the village pool next year.

I'm on my way to my monthly JC weigh in. I'm ashamed to say there will probably be a gain. I've not done well my first month on my own. Perhaps it would help if I actually WENT to my WW meetings. I'm getting myself back a week from tomorrow. Tomorrow is too crazy.

Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone. :-(

ontarget
07-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Vickie, I hear ya on needing meetings. I need to go back to WW and OA. Seems I'm lost when I don't attend at least one of them.

JoJo, our weather is very oppressive. I'm hearing of more and more people being hospitalized for COPD. Other than the heat--we're bragging here as most Texans.

Rhonda, it's almost been too hot to read, too. :lol:

Maryann, if you finish cleaning, hop on down here and clean our place. Please....

Nancy, I used to have pets so I know what you're saying. I hope you don't lose Skipper.

Kristia, let us know how that event goes. I'm curious.

My eating today was not good. We have a social at church tonight. Prospects for my eating being better are slim--but I'm not. (Slim that is)

beach bum
07-17-2011, 05:09 PM

Well we finally were able to pick a date for our next Canasta card game,its going to be this Tuesday at my house. Just got home from seeing the movie Zookeeper. I know its for children but its getting muggy here and I just want to get to the theater to cool off. After that I went we went to 99, had a salad as it was too hot to eat. Hoe I don't go for goodie or munching on snacks later tonight.

Nothing else is new,except my gardener is going to trim & cut my the hedges to below my window sills.Now the outdoor garden will look neat and not so overgrown.

SANDRA-I'm too tired,with my own going to relax and take it easy for while. Its going to get muggy starting tomorrow and I have to straighten up for my canasta card game for Tues.

Have a great evening

ontarget
07-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Okay, Maryann. I'll let you off the hook. Wish I could help you get ready for your party. Have fun!!