Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Anyone else like big baggy clothes?

I was normal weighted in my teens and twenties and then started gaining. All the way through, at every weight I have always preferred big loose clothing to form-fitting or tailored stuff. I do sometimes like a pair of leggings under a big shirt. And if I was smaller, I could see a pair of big baggy wide-legged pants with a for fitting tank.

I wish I could put links in for the kind of stuff I like, but I don't have enough posts. But if you look in google images for "mori girl" or "lagenlook," you'll see what I'm talking about.

It's funny because it's all stuff that you'd think a bigger person could get away with, but I can't wait to be thin and wear it. I do have some awesome baggy jeans that I roll up to above my ankle that I'm enjoying now.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/235/150

Height: 5'6"

I HATE baggy clothing. I always buy things that fit perfectly, and if they get too loose I throw them in the dryer.
skellycoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellycoin View Post
I HATE baggy clothing. I always buy things that fit perfectly, and if they get too loose I throw them in the dryer.
I've been looking around at threads here and I think *everybody* else feels that way. I wonder why I would be so different about that than *everybody* else. lol Maybe I'm just a freak.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

I prefer baggy clothing to tight fitting clothing also.

Last edited by trowter; 07-11-2011 at 03:10 AM.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #5  
SereneCalorieCounter

S/C/G: 180/138/142

I used to wear baggy clothes but after losing the weight I can't stand them any more. Got rid of all my large sizes and wear clothes that fit well. They keep me accountable for maintaining my permanent new weight.
blueheron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I like long jackets & long cardigans. Some sweaters look better that way too, depending on the fabric.

It's a fashion cycle thing. Clothing was tighter in the 60s, loosened up a bit in the 70s with a lot of softness & drape, & then baggy & oversized prevailed. Then there was the backlash with the body-conscious stuff & the retro 60s look. Everyone recoiled in horror from baggy & big, determined to show they were up-to-date & not wearing their mothers' clothes.

If you wait around long enough, baggy & loose will come back in, in a bigger way, and be less of a niche look.

Last edited by saef; 07-11-2011 at 09:02 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't care to look any bigger than I am, thank you. No sweats, no elastic waists, no drawstring waists. That's the kind of stuff I had to wear when I was overweight. I prefer clohtes that fit , not too tight but not too baggy either.
PS I did google lagenlook, those tunics look like maternity smocks, why would you wear that if you are not pregnant?

Last edited by bargoo; 07-11-2011 at 09:44 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

No baggy clothes for me either. But it's also the fashion right now. Which seems kind of ironic that fitted is in when people are fatter than ever! But yes, baggy stuff makes me feel and look bigger which I don't want.

Now, I don't wear TIGHT things either, but I do like things to fit comfortable and not be too loose/baggy.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #9  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Not necessarily the same style as what you were saying but I LOVE a good pair of lounge trousers, or big jumpers with leggings, amything big and baggy is SO comfy for me! Nothing like getting in from work and changing into a comfy tracksuit
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

I think it also really depends on your body type if you're able to pull off baggy clothes well or not. I'm an *almost* hourglass/pear and goodness knows that if I don't have something fitted around my waist I look HUGE because my bust/lower belly or so much larger that if clothes just hang on me you'd never see the defined waist that I do actually have. I could see someone who is more of a banana shape/not quite so curvy actually pulling this off well, though.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I like the occasional loose clothing too...but not too often. I find that when I dress in baggy clothes I tend to be less inclined to watch what I eat. Same thing with elastic waists and stretchy clothes. Besides...you are working so hard on your figure....show it off!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I like loose fitted, not baggy. No popping buttons, muffin tops but not slouchy either.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I hate oversized clothes. They don't work on my body.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I like long jackets & long cardigans. Some sweaters look better that way too, depending on the fabric.

It's a fashion cycle thing. Clothing was tighter in the 60s, loosened up a bit in the 70s with a lot of softness & drape, & then baggy & oversized prevailed. Then there was the backlash with the body-conscious stuff & the retro 60s look. Everyone recoiled in horror from baggy & big, determined to show they were up-to-date & not wearing their mothers' clothes.

If you wait around long enough, baggy & loose will come back in, in a bigger way, and be less of a niche look.
Gosh, I hope it's not too 80s. I like neutral colors, so it didn't dawn on me that it might be a little cyndi lauper-ish. Even a little madonna, with the layering. Hmmmm.... Leggings are currently pretty 'in', though, right?

As for looking maternity-ish or like fat clothes or not being able to show off one's new slim body, I don't see any of that. I think women can be stunning in a light flowy oversized top or dress.

I am a little concerned, as someone pointed out, that it might not work best for pears and I'm pretty pear-ish. But I think I can make it work with a little tweaking.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #15  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Gosh, I hope it's not too 80s. I like neutral colors, so it didn't dawn on me that it might be a little cyndi lauper-ish. Even a little madonna, with the layering. Hmmmm.... Leggings are currently pretty 'in', though, right?

As for looking maternity-ish or like fat clothes or not being able to show off one's new slim body, I don't see any of that. I think women can be stunning in a light flowy oversized top or dress.

I am a little concerned, as someone pointed out, that it might not work best for pears and I'm pretty pear-ish. But I think I can make it work with a little tweaking.
Well, I could see it working well if you are not too busty (I am so hence, not really being able to wear anything too loose at all ). For instance, you could wear a loser/flowing shirt with a more well-fitted skirt. My problem is if I wear a skirt that flares out or is at all baggy I look much, much bigger because I have such wide hips/large butt (and the flare/bagginess covers up the part that isn't that large). However, if it's tailored and comes in vs. flaring out it's significantly more flattering. The same with pants. Pants that are more fitted around my thighs and don't flare out too much on bottom make me look quite a bit slimmer.

You could certainly wear what you feel the most comfortable with, though.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote