Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default what to do with these batwings?

My thighs do the same thing. And it's getting worse as the rest of my arm is thinning out, I have more and more of this loose wobbly stuff. Right now these bat wings are still thick, just hanging lower from the rest of the arm as I lose more and more fat. Question is, how much can I expect this to tighten up? (or will it) and how to deal with it?

Right now I do cardio and started doing weight training (two weeks now, but had been doing it sporadically before now). I've lost almost 60 pounds (about 80 from my all time high) and plan to lose about 25 more (at least). Will they hang just as much, just get less fatty and therefore more jiggly?

I really don't believe in covering up - especially when exercising, but are there ways to feel better about it?

My tummy is getting a bit of it too!

Video link shows what I'm talking about (ugh - and I'm still so big!):

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g8...t=IMG_0618.mp4
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

I was wondering the same thing! I hate my arms. I am getting better about it though. Im always looking around when I am out and about and see plenty of people with bigger arms than mine and they wear tank tops and such. I just dont feel comfortable enough to leave the house with my upper arms uncovered...
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #3  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I hate the loose skin on my arms the most. If I knew a plastic surgeon who would work for free (LOL), that would be the area I would have "fixed". I have worked and worked at it, and yes, it has gotten a little better, but honestly, not much. My arms were huge when I started this journey, so I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but I guess this wasn't it.

I'm not really complaining. I am thrilled with my weight loss, but I SO know where you're coming from. I remember Oprah calling them "bat wings". That's exactly what they're like. When you wave at someone they continue to wave for a few seconds after you're done. All I can say, is let's agree to keep building muscle in that area and see what happens.

I wear tank tops and sleeveless shirts all the time now. I decided that if I lost the weight, I wasn't going to let perceived flaws (true or imagined) stop me from wearing what I wanted. I spent too many years hiding under huge tent-like clothing to let a little loose skin stop me now.

Best wishes!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I watched your video and I do see what you're talking about, but it is obviously much more obvious when you're making a video of it. I think if you were moving naturally it would be one of those things you would notice but others wouldn't, kwim? I have the same thing probably to about the same degree and after watching your video I actually feel better about it.

I agree with Milmin about dressing however you like. I hope that you will feel comfortable in a tank or spaghetti strap -- I'm sure you would look fine.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I know weight lifting will certainly help. I still have some bat wings (although it's definitely mostly fat still at this point and not just loose skin) but I can see more and more definition in my arm too. I also *heard* that it'll take up to a year after your weight loss for you skin to snap back into place as much as it's going to. It's a long time to wait but at least then you'll have an idea of what you'll be working with.

For working out I definitely wear tanks and don't think twice about it. However, I prefer 3/4 shirts but that's more because I just have large arms in general and short sleeves tend to accentuate that. We'll see how I feel when/if it ends up being loose skin and not fat filled skin.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

Weights help a great deal! I am wearing sleeveless tops and dresses for the first time in my life. I can't help if there's stretched out skin going on but now that my arm muscles are defined, it helps to fill in the space.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote