Chicks up for a Challenge - To lose 50 Before Santa comes in December!

Pages : [1] 2

Grace73
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
HI

I am going to try to lose 50 pounds before Christmas!
Santa is the only belly i want in my house this December!

Anyone want to join in.. Please feel free.
Thats about 2 pounds a week.. between today and Christmas!

Christmas Challenge !

VanessaV
07-10-2011, 07:00 PM
This is my first ever time on this forum and my first ever post-- but today I made up my mind to lose 50 # by Dec 31! So, your post was PERFECT TIMING! Thank you.

I am determined to weigh what I did ten years ago. Amazing how it creeps up on you. Just 5 # a year and here am 50 # overweight! UGH!!!

So, what is your plan?

Thanks for putting it out there! We'll make it together!

calmeida5018
07-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I'll be happy to lose 45 lbs given my goal - but would like to join you!

What is the plan for motivation? Should we log food/exercise and write goals?

I'd like to be able to come for support if I'm having a bad day and getting a friendly kick in the pants.

Looking forward to making new friends. Just joined today!

mrstlee
07-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi, I've been trying to lose weight on my own but it is very hard. I would love to lose 50 pounds buy December. Do we check in each week or just post when needed?

Thanks
Tanika

LGW
07-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Im in! :hug:

July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
6- -226
7- 225.6
8-225.6
9-224.4
10-224.2

LGW
everyone has to suffer 1 of 2 things...the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment....

VanessaV
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
So, I am 57 years old, post menopausal and know better than to expect weight loss "miracles." I am using Fitday to track my calories. Working on 1200 cals daily... 45 % carbs, 33 % fats and 22 % protein.

Basically, I am eating fresh, organic, in-season vegetables and fruit. LOTS of greens--kale, swiss chard, collards, lettuces, etc. Low cal/low carb veggies--cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, etc. Blueberries, cantaloupe and watermelon.

LOVE protein but trying to hold back on the red meat. Eat fish--fresh and canned. Organic, free range, farm-fresh eggs.

Some dairy--I can get raw fresh milk and so I make yogurt. It is so good. I try to eat only small amount daily.

Injured my knee a while back so don't get much exercise.

No soft drinks. No juices. Try to drink mostly water. No alcohol til New Year's!

Anyone know how to 'copy and paste' from fitday? I don't want to type my daily food intake here everyday.... (pure laziness.)

Best to all!

Vanessa V

calmeida5018
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi Vanessa,

I'm doing about the same with the food. I'm 45, metabolism slowing down. I do get a LOT of walking because I am a nurse in a trauma center so I do not sit for the better of the 12 hour shifts. But I do have a gym membership and should use it...

As far as food I am doing online weight watchers but in addition to counting the points I am focusing on having my calories come from the same as you mentioned. I do drink Almond milk instead of cow's milk, and eat non fat greek yogurt.

I eat more red meat than I "should" since moving down south from NYC, and don't eat a lot of fish. Want to start working on that. But I do want to keep my diet mostly focused on protein and vegetables and whole grains.

With all that weight loss has been very slow and am hoping coming to these forums will help my motivation.

Take care,

LGW
07-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Ready to have another successful week!!

Start May 15 - 238
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0) - better than a gain!

For this forum I will post my weight on Fridays!

LGW
Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown

Grace73
07-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Hello Everyone..
Well I weigh in on fridays.. I prefere it.. because it keeps me in line over the weekend!
My Goal is to do some form of excerise every day.. I enjoy jogging.. So I have just restarted doing that again.. My goal right now is 50 miles in the next 30 days..

So Set a Goal for yourself.. If you not been working out. Start small.
I drink at least 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Very important!

So please feel free to write in as often as you can.. and let us know what day is best for you to post your weight.

Glad to have you all with me!

Lambiechop
07-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm in. My husband will be deployed until January so the timing works out well. I weigh in on Sundays. Is that ok? I see most of you weigh in on Fridays.

calmeida5018
07-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I'm on weight watchers online and my weigh in day is Saturday but I don't weigh myself every week. I have found it frustrates me. I'll post every two weeks, I can post it on Fridays if it's best.

Example of frustration - last week I was 179, this week I'm 183.4 - I'm sure it's partly pre period weight gain, but mentally it destroys me. So I'm having a hard time sticking with the right food and exercise. My mind still falls into that "what's the point, throw in the towel" mode.

But I keep on logging my food, even when I am way over the amounts, to at least keep me reigned in.

I ordered a hip hop abs video and a book about weight lifting for women, have to buy heavier weights but will wait for the book to get here.

I have a gym membership that has been gathering dust and need to start using it as soon as I get medical clearance from a sprained ligament.

So as you can see I don't feel all that happy or positive with what I've been doing but am setting goals even though I have not yet put them in action. I did join this thread and am hoping to lose 45 lbs by December so if I have to kick it in high gear in a week or two I'll do that. Right now I want to be in touch with you guys and get motivated.

Thank you for being there.

Claudia

VanessaV
07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Doing ok.. somehow ate only 970 cals yesterday. Need to plan better...

Sending hugs to all on this thread--- Let's hang together!

Vanessa

LGW
07-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Have a great day everyone!

Start May 15 - 238
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0)
7/12 - 224.4 (+0.2)

Hmmmm....hovering around 224....however; I see what happened the last time I had a gain :-)

Not really worried about a 0.2 gain and being 14lbs less than I was for 4 days....so I will just stay the course. I have several days to lose my weekly 1-2 lbs

LGW

[COLOR="Red"]Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown [/COLOR

Grace73
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Hello Everyone
Ate a little too much today. and i didnt run.. but today was my day off..
but im tired.. I didnt sleep much last night. Going to bed now

Sure whatever day you want to weigh in is fine. I love my tickers.. they are fun.. Everyone should try one!!! Watch those pounds disappear!
have a great night!

Grace73
07-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Good Morning!!
On vacation my sister yelled at me how important it is to eat breakfast.. I never liked to eat breakfast, because it seemed to make me hungry earlier. I started as of yesterday having a cup of Special K and 1/2 cup of skim milk. And we will see how that goes.
Yesterday was my day off from exercise. I need to get on that treadmill tonight. Even if its only 1 mile.
I have not been sleeping very well either. But Im going to work on that also.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Keep moving!

Latchkey Princess
07-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd very much like to join you all! I'd love to lose 50lbs by Christmas, and I'm certain I can do it if I stay on plan. I'm doing IF (Intermittent Fasting) with calorie counting. So far it's working beautifully for me, especially since I don't have to eat during the time of day I'm not hungry (generally I don't get hungry until late afternoon, so my window to eat starts at around 3pm and ends around 9pm).

I haven't been doing much exercise, but I really do need to start. I've got a manual treadmill but the belt is sticking so I have to fix it before I can use it. But in the mean time I think I'm going to go back to my Turbo Jam dvds, they worked well the last time I did them (then I got pregnant and stopped doing them). So my exercise goal will be to do a Turbo Jam dvd at least 3x's this week.

I weigh every day, but I can post my weights here on Fridays if thats when everyone is weighing in. So I'll use last Friday's weight as my starting weight, and that was 225.6 lbs. So by Christmas my goal is to be 175.6lbs (wow, I haven't seen that number since high school!).

VanessaV
07-13-2011, 10:12 PM
So far. So good. Even when I don't get it into Fitday til the evening-- I have managed to stay in the 1200 cal range.

But-- I gotta' say--this isn't easy!

Right now, I'm just winging it. Keeping the house full of fruits n veggies. Lots in season so that is helping. Proteins are a bit harder. Staying away from the processed, sugared, "crap" foods that I know will do me in!

I'm not "hungry." Just fighting the cravings..... Making yogurt tonight--to have with fresh blueberries tomorrow.

As a friend of mine always says, "Keep doing (eating) the next right thing!"

Good luck to everyone!

Grace73
07-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Welcome latchkey!! jump on in!!! you can do it!! keep motivated!!!

Vanessa.. yes your right its not easy.. But your worth being healthy!! keep going each day.. Yogurt sounds good..
I keep NOthing in the house I will crave.. I know its hard to do. especially if you have kids, which i dont.. but thats what works best for me!
and water.. remember lots of water!!!

Everyone post your favorite Low cal snack!

have a good day!

melodymist
07-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Hey! May I join? I only saw this post now! :) 50 pounds lighter would be the ULTIMATE Christmas present! :mrsclaus:

calmeida5018
07-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Have been having a bad week - sticking with my points but no exercise. I'm very depressed about my foot pain and not being able to go to work, which means I'm not making any money which stresses me out which, you guessed it, makes me eat...

I have several work out DVDs I could do that are low impact or weights and am even procrastinating on that.

Sorry to be such a bummer, thought of not posting, but maybe some support and inspiration will help me get out of this mental and physical rut...

C

Grace73
07-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Calmeida! Just keep trying. I know depression is something that made me gain 20 of the 30 llbs i lost back! so .. Its important to keep in check!
If you cant work out.. try keeping on track with your water and diet..
maybe just try working out your arms! -- Just to keep your mind in line !
dont give up!!
MelodyMist.. Sure the more the merrier! come on in..

Grace73
07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Good Morning. Well First thing I got up and weigh in.. I lost 4.5 this week..
Not sure exactly how. But Ive had a STRESSFUL week and I havent been eating exactly right.. But im happy!
Just starting that time of the month too. Yuck....Maybe after that i will be down another pound! ..
You know what i was just thinking. I actually did do something differnt this week. I started eating breakfast..
Small bowl of Special K 1/2 cup of no fat milk.. Maybe that made a differnce!
Come on girls!!! keep positive!

LGW
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Have a great day everyone!

Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4 (-3.2)

I started my healthy living plan on 5/15 with a goal weight loss of 1-2# per week or 4-16# per month. MET :-)
Next mini-goal 8/15 - GW 214-218

Have a great day everyone!!! :-)

LGW

Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown

Latchkey Princess
07-15-2011, 01:51 PM
So it's weigh in day. I started last Friday at 225.6 and am currently down to 219.6, so I'm down 6lbs! (have no idea how that happened, just happy it did!)

I need some willpower dust, I have a bbq to go to tomorrow. And it's my mom's bbq (she likes to feed people) and there will be tons of yummy food. I'm hoping to distract myself from the fabulous spread by spending most of my time playing music with the other pickers and musicians. But it's still gonna take some willpower to resist.

Good luck everyone, have an on plan day!

melodymist
07-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Calmeida: Just hang in there. Try to keep your mind of things and your lips of too much food. Hehe. You will feel even more depressed if you eat more food than you should.

fridayangel: Whoo hoo, congrats on your 4.5! Glad you started with breakfast, it gets you metabolism going! I HAVE to eat breakfast everyday, when my eyes open in the morning I'm hungry haha.

LGW Good job! Keep going!

Latchkey Princess: Congrats on the 6 pounds! In regards to the BBQ, why not eat before you go? Or atleast a just a little bit. You will feel fuller and won't feel the need to eat as much when you are there.

T H A N K Y O U!!!!! I'm so stoked for this challenge!!

I'm trying to workout 4-5 a week for over an hour. Eat 6 small meals a day and drink lots of water. Weigh in is on Monday! My only problem is my coffee intake. I'm addicted!!! 4-5 cups a day, atkeast I don't drink sugar just the milk. Do you guys think this is bad?

Grace73
07-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi Melodymist. Well i the coffee wont keep weight on.. im not a doctor. but try to cu tback to 4 cups only a day.. once you have the down pat.. try 3 cups only.. until you dont need it anymore.. or try replacing 1 cup with 8 oz of water!
I just got down mowing the lawn. im pooped. I have to do 2 miles on the treadmill today! i tell ya its not happening right now. im exhausted! but i will do it..
Latchkey!! AWESOME 6 pounds is wonderful GREAT JOB!
HOpe everyone has a GREAT saturday

shelby7851
07-16-2011, 12:22 PM
this is exactly what I need!

Lambiechop
07-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Not weighing in until tomorrow. Gained back up to 248.5 after a month on vacation and a very stressful visit with the inlaws last week. Hoping that tomorrow I'm back down to 243 so I can get the ball rolling again in the right direction.

In this case would my 50 lbs be counted from 248.5 or 243? What do you think?

LGW
07-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Melodymist: if the coffee is for the energy you may want to invest in a good multivitamin, GNC has a great womens time release MV (ultra mega); slowly cut back on your coffee because at this rate you're sure to get a withdrawal headache if you go cold turkey :-)

Fridayangel: thanks for starting the thread

Lambiechop: I guess it would start at whatever your first WI reveals! I'm sure it will be OK. You are back on track and that is all that matters.

Calmeida: what happened to your foot?

LGW

Grace73
07-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Hello Everyone..

Lambie chop.. Its your personal weight loss. I am trying to get as close to 50 by christmas as I can! So whatever you think .. Your reward will be looking better. feeling better!! and success..

LGW Your welcome.... Im glad your here!

Shelby!! jump on in!!! welcome

Please post as often as you would like. Even if its just to vent.. Helps to talk things out.. and not let your emotions get the best of you!!!

Have a happy sunday. im off for 3 mile walk!!!

lovehopefaith
07-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm soooo in! (if i'm allowed that is) ;)

50 pounds by Christmas would mean im almost at my goal weight :D

10th July 2011 - 180.6lbs
17th July 2011 - 174.6lbs (-6lbs)

Stoked with my loss this week.. although aware there's probably a fair bit of water weight there and obviously cant keep it up long term. But STILL! :P

Grace73
07-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Welcome Lovehopefaith! glad your here! jump on in.. looks like you have a good start already! good job!
keep us motivated!!! :)

Bellamack
07-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi,

Joining in, I started July 1st and would like to reach the 50 lb mark by Christmas.
So far lost from 196 to 189 lbs. I weigh on fridays.
Haven't been to the Gym since December, nice donation I make! I do walk 3 miles outside, 3 days a week. Got to get back to that Gym. hmmmm

LGW
07-17-2011, 11:52 AM
lovehopefaith: Great job! Your weight may trickle down to a healthy 1-2lb weight loss a week! Hang in there!;)

Bellamack: Welcome ;)

angelinelosesweight
07-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I would love to join too, I don't have quite 50lbs to lose, but I would still love to participate. Challenges like this really help me keep motivated! Plus, the thought of seeing my MIL in total shock at Christmas would be great, since she always chooses this particular holiday to ask if I'm preggers;)

lovehopefaith
07-17-2011, 03:47 PM
lovehopefaith: Great job! Your weight may trickle down to a healthy 1-2lb weight loss a week! Hang in there!;)

Bellamack: Welcome ;)

Hehe - Yeah i know. But i'm trying to not focus too much on numbers - as long as the number is going down i'm happy!!

melodymist
07-18-2011, 01:45 AM
I had a rather good week!:carrot: Excercised 5x times, ate right and drank my water. I weighed in this morning and lost a total of 9 pounds. :bravo:WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? I know I can't keep this up everyweek and it's mostly waterweight but I'm happy and I'm going to enjoy the moment! :dancer:

Thank you all, I really love this challenge!

lovehopefaith: Welcome to the team! Well done on your loss so far, keep up the good work!

Bellamack: Hey! Hehe welcome!

angelinelosesweight: She says that? How terrible! This year she will be complimenting you! Hang in there!:hug:

lovehopefaith
07-18-2011, 04:16 AM
I had a rather good week!:carrot: Excercised 5x times, ate right and drank my water. I weighed in this morning and lost a total of 9 pounds. :bravo:WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? I know I can't keep this up everyweek and it's mostly waterweight but I'm happy and I'm going to enjoy the moment! :dancer:

lovehopefaith: Welcome to the team! Well done on your loss so far, keep up the good work!

Bellamack: Hey! Hehe welcome!

angelinelosesweight: She says that? How terrible! This year she will be complimenting you! Hang in there!:hug:

That is so AWESOME!! Go You!!!

Grace73
07-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone.. back to monday.

[QUOTE=melodymist;3941967]I had a rather good week!:carrot: Excercised 5x times, ate right and drank my water. I weighed in this morning and lost a total of 9 pounds. :bravo:WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? I know I can't keep this up everyweek and it's mostly waterweight but I'm happy and I'm going to enjoy the moment! :dancer:

WOW Girl that is awesome!!! GREAT GREAT JOB!!! :carrot::carrot:

i have 2 pounds that keep coming and going. and a period that keeps coming and going. Everything is working against me.. But im not giving up!!!

Have a GREAT day

Grace73
07-18-2011, 05:38 AM
Welcome to anyone/everyone coming on board!!
We can use all the support we can get.. Losing weight is NOT easy!!
jump on in!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Have a Wonderful MOnday ( Yes i know hard to do!)

p.s.
Maybe everyone can do a ticker like i have at the bottom marked Christmas Challenge!
So we can all easily see the progress being made? :)

melodymist
07-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Thank you so much lovehopefaith!

I would love to have the ticker fridayangel but it still isn't allowed in my controlpanel beacause I have to be on the boards for at least 20 days and since I'm new, this is only my 8th day. But as soon as I get there I will add it!

God bless :)

lovehopefaith
07-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Welcome to anyone/everyone coming on board!!
We can use all the support we can get.. Losing weight is NOT easy!!
jump on in!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Have a Wonderful MOnday ( Yes i know hard to do!)

p.s.
Maybe everyone can do a ticker like i have at the bottom marked Christmas Challenge!
So we can all easily see the progress being made? :)

Great Idea!

VanessaV
07-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much lovehopefaith!

I would love to have the ticker fridayangel but it still isn't allowed in my controlpanel beacause I have to be on the boards for at least 20 days and since I'm new, this is only my 8th day. But as soon as I get there I will add it!

God bless :)

ditto, ditto

LGW
07-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Friday: As soon as I's eligible for a ticker I'll place it!!!

Lambiechop
07-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Weighed in Sunday. 245.

Grace73
07-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Ok girls. thats great!!! when you can.. place the tickers!! :)

Lambiechop! Progress looks good. .keep going!!

have a good day...everyone! :)

angelinelosesweight
07-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks girls :) I can't wait to my MIL that I look wonderful. I can't believe how different my body feels already. I had a hard night last night when we had homemade burgers and baked potatoes- I felt like a stuffed pig. I just have to keep remembering how I felt after eating so poorly the next time. That way I'll cut the burger in half or find another way to not feel so crappy afterwards.

Hope you all are having great weeks!

aseret123
07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone, I'd like to join in if you lovely people don't mind :) Losing 50 by christmas would be perfect, it means I'd hit the 180's, which I haven't seen for nearly 5 years! :D

I usually weigh in on a Tuesday, so last Tuesday (12th) I was 239.6, and today I'm 237.2 :)

I haven't been a member long enough to have a ticker but I will definitely place one when I can!

Good luck everyone, I'm SURE we can do this!

aseret123
07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
angelinelosesweight, I've just noticed, we have the same birthday :)

VanessaV
07-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey everyone, I'd like to join in if you lovely people don't mind :) Losing 50 by christmas would be perfect, it means I'd hit the 180's, which I haven't seen for nearly 5 years! :D

I usually weigh in on a Tuesday, so last Tuesday (12th) I was 239.6, and today I'm 237.2 :)

I haven't been a member long enough to have a ticker but I will definitely place one when I can!

Good luck everyone, I'm SURE we can do this!

Welcome! Yep-- We CAN do this! Congrats on the 2+ loss--definitely headed in the right direction! Great job!

I don't have access to scales so am just making myself stay on track and trusting that it cannot fail me! Hoping to see some clothing changes soon!

Just think how good we'll all look in our Holiday outfits! I have a 10 yr anniversary of sorts to celebrate so that's a major goal for me. Thanks to everyone for this thread as a place of accountability and encouragement!

melodymist
07-20-2011, 01:51 AM
I had a good week so far. Excercised and ate well. Just forgot to eat yesterday afternoon so I was starving :hun: but luckily I ate at about 7pm! Maybe going for Sushi tonight! Yum! :carrot:

angelinelosesweight: Oe yummy that burgers sounds good! Haha! Don't worry so much, it's only one meal that you ate like this but just make the next few count ;) :dust:

aseret123: WELCOME :) :welcome:

Grace73
07-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Hi Girls!
Just checking in quick.. Just woke up had fried eggplant last night. was yummy but Im suffering this morning for it! - :( Im going to try to bake it next time.. maybe help my stomach.

Have a great day!

CourtneyDaisey
07-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi folks! Mind if I join you? Losing 50 by Christmas would put me in Onederland! What an awesome Christmas present that would be! :cheer:

My plan? Eat healthy, track my calories and exercise on MyFitnessPal, and get my tail to the gym as often as I can!

aseret123
07-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Thank you VanessaV :D and you melodymist, well done for staying on track!

I've been thinking about something a lot lately, and I wonder if anyone else thinks how I used to think. I've often heard people say that you can't turn a bad day into a good one so once you've eaten something off plan, you may as well just eat what you like for the rest of the day (I used to do this all the time!). I realised since I started that this is ENTIRELY false! Treats in moderation aren't going to make me gain, which I discovered this week when I ate a (small) piece of cake and had still saw a loss the next day! I've been thinking the wrong way for a looooong time, it makes me wonder how much further I could have gotten with my weight loss by now if I'd knocked that little thought out of my head.

fridayangel, you may laugh at me for asking this question but.... what on earth is eggplant?!

Welcome CourtneyDaisey :)

Keep going everyone!

VanessaV
07-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Thank you VanessaV :D and you melodymist, well done for staying on track!

I've been thinking about something a lot lately, and I wonder if anyone else thinks how I used to think. I've often heard people say that you can't turn a bad day into a good one so once you've eaten something off plan, you may as well just eat what you like for the rest of the day (I used to do this all the time!). I realised since I started that this is ENTIRELY false! Treats in moderation aren't going to make me gain, which I discovered this week when I ate a (small) piece of cake and had still saw a loss the next day! I've been thinking the wrong way for a looooong time, it makes me wonder how much further I could have gotten with my weight loss by now if I'd knocked that little thought out of my head.

fridayangel, you may laugh at me for asking this question but.... what on earth is eggplant?!

Welcome CourtneyDaisey :)

Keep going everyone!

Well I had a day that could have turned out that way but I decided to use it --lol--kinda' bad/good.

I ran late this morning so didn't eat breakfast-- not even time for coffee. So, about mid-morning I ate lunch which consisted of half of yesterday's leftover grilled chicken salad. That was good and well within my calorie plan. Had a cucumber for a snack later on.. nothing else before I got home.

So--here I was at the end of the day and still had 800 calories to fulfill my quota. Hmmmmm....

So, instead of the broiled fish and steamed veggies I had planned on-- I decided on PASTA! Now, the last time I ate pasta I ended up 450 calories over my limit! :( I had vowed to never eat pasta again since I couldn't control my portion!

However, this time I ate spaghetti with homemade vegetarian sauce and and still stayed well within my calories! I really enjoyed it without any guilt.

Now, do I think this as the norm and a way to eat "whatever" as long as I don't go overboard? NO! but--once in a great while exception and still didn't go over my calorie plan? You betcha'!

SO, tomorrow, I am back on plan and will eat breakfast and eat with calories and nutrition in mind the rest of the day.

Anyway--that's how I used my "bad" day...

Welcome CourtneyDaisy!

Eggplant-- BEAUTIFUL food--such pretty colors and shapes. Some people love it... Not me! Bleccchhhh!!

aseret123
07-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Well I had a day that could have turned out that way but I decided to use it --lol--kinda' bad/good.

I ran late this morning so didn't eat breakfast-- not even time for coffee. So, about mid-morning I ate lunch which consisted of half of yesterday's leftover grilled chicken salad. That was good and well within my calorie plan. Had a cucumber for a snack later on.. nothing else before I got home.

So--here I was at the end of the day and still had 800 calories to fulfill my quota. Hmmmmm....

So, instead of the broiled fish and steamed veggies I had planned on-- I decided on PASTA! Now, the last time I ate pasta I ended up 450 calories over my limit! :( I had vowed to never eat pasta again since I couldn't control my portion!

However, this time I ate spaghetti with homemade vegetarian sauce and and still stayed well within my calories! I really enjoyed it without any guilt.

Now, do I think this as the norm and a way to eat "whatever" as long as I don't go overboard? NO! but--once in a great while exception and still didn't go over my calorie plan? You betcha'!

SO, tomorrow, I am back on plan and will eat breakfast and eat with calories and nutrition in mind the rest of the day.

Anyway--that's how I used my "bad" day...

Welcome CourtneyDaisy!

Eggplant-- BEAUTIFUL food--such pretty colors and shapes. Some people love it... Not me! Bleccchhhh!!

Good for you!! I hope eventually to have the willpower to have something not overly outrageous, such as pasta, when I have a lot of calories left in my limit.

I know why I didn't know what eggplant is now.. did a quick Google image search and here in the UK, we call it aubergine :) you're right, it is beautiful!

VanessaV
07-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Good for you!! I hope eventually to have the willpower to have something not overly outrageous, such as pasta, when I have a lot of calories left in my limit.

I know why I didn't know what eggplant is now.. did a quick Google image search and here in the UK, we call it aubergine :) you're right, it is beautiful!

Oh, isn't aubergine a more beautiful name for such a beautiful thing?! LOL--and I know 'aubergine' as one of my most favorite colors!

angelinelosesweight
07-21-2011, 12:20 AM
angelinelosesweight, I've just noticed, we have the same birthday :)

Funny :) It's SOON! I'm really working hard to get to 168 by then:)

I had an awesome day today- I lost another lb this morning so that started off my day on a great note!

Hope everyone had a good wednesday. My offical weigh day is Sunday so I'm hoping that one lb loss sticks so I can update my ticker;)

lovehopefaith
07-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Hope everyones going well.. Not weighing for a few days, TOM means i always fluctuate heaps just not worth looking lol

ish
07-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm aiming to do this too, and I wish everyone the best of luck!

I'm not ready to join the challenge yet, but maybe in a couple of months, once I get the ball rolling.

Good luck good luck good luck! With hard work this is totally doable!

Grace73
07-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Hi Girls

This week has been bad for me.. with my period. and having issues with the husband. I havent over eaten Not at all. but no cardio either.. So im not expecting great things on the scale tomorrow.. But tonight i start back to jogging also!..

Eggplant. is a purple veggie.. My favorite is eggplant parm! kinda like squash but purple!!
Good Idea... Everyone try a new fruit of veggie this week!!!!!! you never know you may like it!

Grace73
07-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Well Today is friday. i lost like 1/2 pound..- but better than noting..

I Signed up for a 5k end of September.. So this will PUSH me to work harder!
Im the kind of person who needs a goal to keep me going..
I wont win the 5k. But no means.. but all im trying to do is my personal best!

What Goals do you have set up?
Have a GREAT day!

LGW
07-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Good morning! Time to record my weekly WI!!!!

Start May 15 - 238
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4 (-3.2)
7/22 - 220.6 (-1.8)

LGW

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. It will eliminate 2 pests -- hurry and indecision

calmeida5018
07-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone!

Been quiet with daughter's visit but will catch up soon! Started logging my food in sparkpeople on my iphone and trying to figure out if it's possible to sync it with the website. I would think it would but logged food on Iphone and it does not show on site. I don't want to have to do this twice.

I like having the ability to do it on the iPhone for when I'm not home, but it's easier to navigate on the lap top (which is a mac so should sync easily)

Please let me know.

I also started doing Jackie Warner's 2 week plan and am going to do her work out and eating plan routine. So far I love it and have not had any cravings!

Hope all is well!!! Talk soon!

Claudia

justaloozer
07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm in! My goal is to be 40lbs lighter or <235

July 24 275.4
July 31

August 7 278.2
August 14 271
August 21
August 28

September 4 267.4
September 11
September 18
September 25

October 2
October 9
October 16
October 23
October 30

November 6
November 13
November 20
November 24

December 1
December 8
December 22

GOAL WEIGHT: <235

VanessaV
07-22-2011, 07:46 PM
So glad to have so many joining in! I know it's still early but I hope we can all hang in there together to make it all the way to the end!

Won't that be a great way to start the New Year!?

I am grateful for each of you. :grouphug: Thanks for 'being there.' It means a lot to have others who understand the struggle. And, I appreciate the accountability, too.

Hope to get weighed next week. Cross your fingers for me!

Have a good weekend! :dancer:

Vanessa

VanessaV
07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Omigosh-- accountability and honesty--here is the 'AWFUL truth!'

Friends came in from out of town and of course, everyone got together to eat.... I should have had WATER! I didn't plan ahead... I didn't make good choices. I just ate what everyone else ate! Stuff I would not ordinarily touch--some french fries, cheeseburger, BBQ ribs,--- you get the picture! Oh-- and SWEET TEA which I never drink! Don't get me wrong--it was good (!) but I did regret it later!!

I did have enuff sense to not overdo it portion-wise (the food choices were bad enuff).

Thankfully, I only went over my calorie limit by 20 points-- if I only drink water til bedtime!! I feel like I gained Mega-FAT today!

I am not happy with myself. Anyone else so disgusted with themselves ?? :(

Thanx for listening-- V

aseret123
07-22-2011, 09:51 PM
I was just about to come here and confess a slip-up myself!! I help out with a social group type thing for young girls every week, and this week we were breaking for summer.. which meant presents. Incredibly sweet of them, especially since I haven't been going for very long, but one girl got me a HUGE box of luxury biscuits and another got me chocolates. I confess, that after 4 biscuits and 5 chocolates, I feel sick and disgusting. There once was a time when I would have scoffed all of the biscuits and chocolates, and I'm glad I managed to restrict myself to less than a quarter of what I normally would have eaten, but I still feel horrid all the same. So you are not alone Vanessa!

I love having somewhere I can go to get my food-feelings off my chest! I'll be making good use of this next weekend, when I'm meeting friends for food and drinks.. consumption of pizza is highly likely!

I like the idea of trying a new fruit or veggie every week. I tried avocado this week, which I actually quite like :) next week I may try aubergine!!!

Congrats on your losses fridayangel and LGW, you're moving in the right direction!

Keep it up ladies! xx

angelinelosesweight
07-23-2011, 03:15 AM
I heard this today and it's made me feel a lot better:

you didn't gain all this weight overnight and you aren't going to lose it overnight either....
I have a HUGE problem with getting bent out of shape when I don't lose five lbs every week. My goal is very logical, but I still get disappointed sometimes when I step on the scale.

I don't know if anyone else has trouble with this, but the quote above really helped me- it's SO true- I gained this weight over the last three years, I can't expect to lose it all overnight... by Christmas- now that's a good goal;)

aseret123
07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I always get disappointed when I haven't lost at least 2.5lbs in a week, but any loss is better than no loss! I've even come to find not losing occasionally acceptable, because at least I didn't gain, right? That saying is so true though, I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. My weight actually used to go up with my age! I remember it started at age nine (we measure in stones here) so I was 9 stone (126lbs) at 9 years old, 10 stone (140lbs) at age 10 and so on until I hit 13, then it levelled out for a few years until I started gaining again! So it definitely didn't go on overnight for me.

On an almost non-weight related note, I finally got my ticker in place :D

LGW
07-23-2011, 10:32 PM
aseret: let me know if you make any good veggie dishes, I have been struggling with veggie sides lately and I'm working really hard to try out new veggies as I want this to be a life style change for me...I can't do that on brocolli, asparagus, zucchini, and butternut squash alone...I made turnip fries today which weren't that bad - edible, the cauliflower mashed potatoes a no go for me :-(

Grace73
07-24-2011, 04:11 AM
LGW- Ive tried Caulifolower mashed potatoes. i thought they were yummy. Im not a big fan of potatoes.!
Garlic Roasted Summer squash
Ingredients

2 summer squash
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Trim the ends from the squash, and cut each squash in half lengthwise. Cut the halves in half again crosswise, to make 4 pieces; cut those pieces in half twice more the long way, to make 16 short spears from each squash. Toss the squash with olive oil and garlic in a bowl; place into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
Roast the squash until the spears and garlic start to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Check the squash after 5 minutes, and add time in 2- to 3-minute intervals to avoid burning.
This looks yummy, Im going to try this!

Grace73
07-24-2011, 04:26 AM
Justa loozer- I love your goal list! i need to do one and stick with it.. I signed up for a 5k end of sept so that will keep me focused.. I REALLY need to stay on track now!! Dont want to embarrass myself..
AngelinelosesweightThat is so true. we didnt gain it over night. even thou, there are a few pounds here and there im not too sure about.. LOL seem to creep up over night! we have to stay focused every day!
Asert123Yes I like that idea too. trying new fruits/veggies .. Its not new. .but i started getting grapes i love them. and they are easy to snack on.. instead of reaching for chips or something fatty. and in stead of peanuts, Im bringing a bannnana this week for lunch.. So we shall see how things go!
My new ruleEvery choice i put in my mouth, I try to think.. What value does this have for me.. A piece of white bread, NO Value.. all Carbs.. So i am trying to choose my food that is best for me. that will give me energy..
Good Luck!

angelinelosesweight
07-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Fridayangel I love that idea- I'm definitely going to steal it for myself. I always think about it afterwards-like oh, I probably shouldn't have had that... hmmm

Here's a secret- I listened to Christmas music today while cleaning in the house- I kept thinking, 43 by Christmas, 43 by Christmas! Really got me into the spirit.
Hope you're all having good weekends:)

Grace73
07-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Here we are MONDAY!!. Only good thing about monday is puts most of us back in a routine. and its easier to stay on track...

Had my special K this morning. I packed a banana and a protein bar for lunch.. and my water. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
I am a bit tired.. but I will get through the day..

Angelinelosesweight... i do like the christmas music idea. i love christmas!!

angelinelosesweight
07-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Had a very early birthday dinner with my MIL and did order the salmon, but I also had the oreo dessert. Hopefully no gain tomorrow morning! Drank a ton of water to help

melodymist
07-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Hey friends!

Wow, yesterday was super hectic for me.:dizzy: Went to bed late on sunday and up early again on monday morning. I was super tired yesterday throughout the day. Wanted to skip the workout but I pulled through! :bike2::carrot:

Last week was a good week. Ate well, drank all my water and excercised as planned. I'm actually looking forward to excercise! I love the yoga, you feel super after doing it! :yoga:

On a happy note, I lost 4.4 pounds when I weighed in yesterday! Whoooooooooo :) :cheer: So as a reward I'm getting myself a subscription to Womans Health Magazine!

Hope everone has a super week! Feel free to post if you're having a bad day!

fridayangel - Same here! I was so tired on monday! Do you like protein bars? I'm a bit scared of them hehe, do you eat them for your workouts?

angelinelosesweight - Oreo dessert? Oe! Sounds yummy hehe :)

Grace73
07-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Angelineloses weight= Happy Birthday!!

Meoldymist- I eat the bar as a part of my lunch with a piece of fruit!

Im tired today.. bad storms last night, dogs barked 1/2 of the night..
and i have to run tonight argh...
Have a good day

aseret123
07-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey everyone, just checking in because it's weigh day :) and 3.2lbs gone this week! This means I've met my mini goal, which was to lose 14lbs by my birthday; it isn't for another 3 weeks and I've lost 15! :D

Quick question, has anyone else had trouble placing more than one ticker? I had to delete mine (trouble updating) and now if I try to add more than one, the all turn the same!! Help!!

I love all of your ideas, I'll definitely let you guys know if I make any wonderful veggie dishes but I'm no chef!

Small tip that you probably already know, but just in case you don't: Frozen bananas and grapes are fabulous!! I like having them in summer, or when everyone else is having ice cream for dessert. Just don't leave the banana for too long or you'll never be able to eat it!

Hope you're all having lovely weeks :)

Grace73
07-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Aseret123! good job.. i like frozen grapes.. never had bananas.

I just did 2.5 miles. mostly running.. tired..

have a good night!!

ItsMyTurn
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Ok, better late than never!!! Should I back mine up 2 weeks or just take off from here I wonder, LOL! Either way, I want in!!!!!

Aseret - Super job on the loss...and beyond what you laid out for yourself!!! How great is that?!? And I am no help in the ticker department, as I have not "done the time" enough to get one yet, lol... but soon enough ;) Hopefully someone will be able to help ya out though!

I read through to catch up with all the posts and this seems to really be helping everyone stay on track... love it! I am shooting for 45Lb by Christmas here :) * I feel like I should be in a football huddle yelling "break!"* hehehe!

VanessaV
07-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Melodymist--4.4?! Wow! I am so excited for you!! That is absolutely awesome!

And--everyone else-- it's great to see everyone doing what they need to do. It inspires me to do the same!

I am sticking to it--no scales but really hoping I am losing. Really not feeling it....

Anyone else over 50 feeling like their bodies are made of cement and can't budge the lbs?:(

Like a friend of mine says, "Do the next right thing.." So I am going to choose to eat RIGHT today!" LOL-- I'll let you know how it goes!

Grateful for this thread!

VanessaV

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Vanessa - I am not over 50, but I am one of the "lucky ones" *insert sarcastic tone here* who started peri-menapause early on in life and have found it soooooo much harder to get numbers! I get the "best" of both worlds, still getting TOM (totally not on any kind of schedule anymore though), yet also hot flashes, weight gain/hard to lose, night sweats, etc. It's so joyous! LOL! Not! I will say, I saw very LITTLE results until I got my body typed and some advice on the type of exercise and supplements/diet I should be on... apparently I am adrenal body type. Maybe worth looking into? Honestly now my numbers are shocking how they fall and it's only been a couple weeks!!!

Speaking of numbers: My weigh in was today... 3.4Lbs down!!! That's what I am talking about! Not gonna lie, that totally motivates me more!

VanessaV
07-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Vanessa - I am not over 50, but I am one of the "lucky ones" *insert sarcastic tone here* who started peri-menapause early on in life and have found it soooooo much harder to get numbers! I get the "best" of both worlds, still getting TOM (totally not on any kind of schedule anymore though), yet also hot flashes, weight gain/hard to lose, night sweats, etc. It's so joyous! LOL! Not! I will say, I saw very LITTLE results until I got my body typed and some advice on the type of exercise and supplements/diet I should be on... apparently I am adrenal body type. Maybe worth looking into? Honestly now my numbers are shocking how they fall and it's only been a couple weeks!!!

Speaking of numbers: My weigh in was today... 3.4Lbs down!!! That's what I am talking about! Not gonna lie, that totally motivates me more!

3.4 LBS ??? WOOO-HOOOO!! Talk about motivation! Great job! You must be doing something right! Congratulations!:carrot:

aseret123
07-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Well done melodymist and ItsMyTurn!! Gotta love a big loss, keep it up!

JazzyPeggy
07-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi, I would like to join in. I would just be fooling myself to say I will lose 50 pounds by Christmas. I am such a slow loser. But I would like to lose at least 25 pounds by Christmas. Today's weigh in 261.2, but I'm going to make my goal for this challenge 235.

aseret123
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi JazzyPeggy! Just try your hardest, I'm sure you can make a significant loss by christmas. I love your avatar, I've actually just finished watching every episode of Lost and I love it!

Good luck xx

ItsMyTurn
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Vanessa - Thank you so much! It's been ever since I found out body type and followed all recommendations for it :) Before, was gaining and/or losing no more than 1/2Lb/wk. I am loving it now

aseret - Thank you so much! Can hardly believe the numbers myself :)

Peggy - Welcome aboard! That sounds like a great goal :) You may even surprise yourself if you push hard enough and surpass that goal!!! Imagine the motivation that could induce???

LGW
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wAHGmae/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAHGmae/)

Grace73
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
hi girls..
Does anyone here run? for exercise?
My running time is getting a lot better did a mile today in under 15 min..
but... the last 2 nights i ran.. I been so sick to my stomach after... I driink some water, if i drink too much im always stopping to pee! i had someething to eat before i ran.. sometimes i dont.. anyone know what could be the problem?
I dont feel faint.. just sick..

Ok. thanks. hope everyone is doing ok..

melodymist
07-29-2011, 05:53 AM
hi girls..
Does anyone here run? for exercise?
My running time is getting a lot better did a mile today in under 15 min..
but... the last 2 nights i ran.. I been so sick to my stomach after... I driink some water, if i drink too much im always stopping to pee! i had someething to eat before i ran.. sometimes i dont.. anyone know what could be the problem?
I dont feel faint.. just sick..

Ok. thanks. hope everyone is doing ok..

Hi fridayangel!

Personally I never eat 1-2 hours before I excercise. If I do, I also get sick. Maybe you should eat a few hours before running, try it for one day and see how it goes.

Goodluck for the weekend girls! Stay on plan :hug:

ItsMyTurn
07-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Not sure if it will help, but I usually have to wait at least an hour after I eat to exert myself and need to have plenty of water before I go. If I do water directly after than I seem to get nauseous, so I fill up before cause I sweat terribly and don't want to dehydrate. Hope that helps!

LGW
07-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Friday: thanks! I will try the summer squash, my cauliflower mashed potatoes left a lot to be desired :(

Start May 15 - 238
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4 (-3.2)
7/22 - 220.6 (-1.8)
7/29 -220.0 (-0.6)

aseret123
07-31-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't run for exercise yet, but I hope to start! I get a bad ache above my ankles when I run at the moment, but the doctor said it's because they just aren't strong enough to withstand running. I've been doing exercises to strengthen the muscle though and I'm hoping that once I've lost a little more weight I'll be able to begin :)

I've come here to confess: I have had the worst week imaginable, and I have no one to blame but myself. I ate out THREE times! Chinese take-away, then two restaurants, where I had not only a large meal, but dessert on both occasions. I also drank large amounts of alcohol on two different evenings, and as we all know, alcohol is calorie packed. I feel so awful, I really do. I'm so nervous about weighing myself. Not a lot I can do about it now though, I'll just have to climb back on the wagon and try not to let it happen again!

Well done on your loss LGW!

I'm curious, how did everyone decide on their goal weights? I've been wondering if mine's a little too low. I have a book that tells you how to measure your wrist to determine your frame size, then a chart to tell you what you should weigh for your height and frame size. Mine says I should weigh between 115-130lbs, but looking around the site I've seen most people around my height have gone for around 140. I have no idea how to see if mine would be ok, the lowest I've ever weighed at my current height is around 175 and I still looked like I had a fair amount of weight to lose! I also saw a picture of someone who was a similar height to me (about 1.5in taller) at 122 and she looked fabulous, so I thought I would aim for that! It's just seeing everyone elses set to around 140, I started to wonder if I'd set myself a goal that's a little too difficult to achieve!

Sorry for rambling, I hope you're all having a good weekend!

LGW
07-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Friday: thanks! I will try the summer squash, my cauliflower mashed potatoes left a lot to be desired :(

Start May 15 - 238

7/31 217.8
10lb wt loss for month of June - my official weigh in is on the 15th

Ready for August!!

melodymist
08-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Oh my. I hate running. Really. I much rather prefer dancing, spinning, aerobics or yoga. I take my hat of for all of you who run! Hehe..

aseret123 - It's all good. Just try to be good the nezt few days and don't make eating out a habit ;) Ideal weight? I just choose mine and it's between my "ideal" weight according to a online BMI calendar. I just hope it's right or I'll just see how I look and feel at that weight.

LGW - Well done on your loss ;)

I got my ticker in my signature! :carrot: Whooooo haha. I had a good week, weighed in this morning and lost another 2.2 pounds. I'm really impressed :D. I think I'm inlove with eating healthy and addicted to excerise! :exercise:Seriously I don't see excercise as something I HAVE to do, I WANT to do it! Also has anyone got the new Zumba Exhilarate? It looks fab! Think I'm going to buy it.

Also, how many grams of protein do you guys think we should include in our diet? I honestly think I'm not getting in enough. I heard some people aim for 100g of protein a day? :?:

Oh yes and I made fat free frozen jogurt yesterday! It's delish! :)

Have a good week my friends! Stay on track! :hug:

VanessaV
08-01-2011, 09:47 AM
melodymist--Wow--good job! I am envious!

LGW-- Love seeing your progress! You've really shown how consistency makes a difference. THX for the inspiration!

aseret-- Hang in there--we all have those days! I confess to a few myself! Like you, I've eaten out several times this past week but have MADE myself have no alcohol, even though everyone else did...(peer pressure--peer pressure!) I did have sparkling water and lemons. Truthfully, I was just as happy and didn't have the guilt afterward. Saved the MONEY and saved the CALORIES!

One thing that helps me to choose is remembering that my body has to burn alllll those alcohol calories before it even starts on the food cals!! Another thing that has helped me is ordering a BIG salad and sharing an entree' with a friend.

And, I did have ONE bite of a friend's chocolate cake. It was okay--not great. If I'd had my own---regardless of how bad or good it was-- I KNOW I would have eaten the WHOLE thing!!!

I agree that 125 # is pretty darn low for your height. If you are a model or have a small frame, maybe... But, even tho' 140 # (and I am only 5' 3"!) is the high side of my recommended, I know from past experience, that less than that, I look sick and my children complain that I look too thin. (I do have large bones and I am over 50...)

I think we all have to find our best weight and as you continue to lose, you'll find yours. Keep going in the right direction and you'll be fine!

Still no scales but my biggie for the week was the other day, I discovered I actually had a place to put my blush--CHEEKBONES!! LOL--so maybe I am losing some...

Cheers to all! Have a GREAT WEEK!

V/V--still doing 1200 cals/day

ItsMyTurn
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
LGW - Way to go!!!

aseret - I have mine set at my first "big goal". I am doing my loss in 2 parts and my 2nd big goal will be 145. This is an individual journey, so as you near it, it will become more apparent to you if it is the weight that is individualized to you. If you plan on having more muscle, a higher weight will have to be taken into consideration...if you are looking for lean, then that won't be as high as a weight; frame size is also a factor.

Vanessa - Awesome discovery of cheekbones! That's great! I think seeing ourselves reshape is better progress to guage then a scale sometimes. :)

aseret123
08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Thank you, I may re-evaluate as I lose but I think I'll leave it as it is for now and just see how it goes. I think the book I was reading gave me such results because my wrists are so little compared to the rest of me! The bones that I can actually see under the fat (wrists and elbows mostly!) are so small, I can hardly believe they belong to me. You never know, I might get to 140 and be perfectly happy to maintain there :)

melodymist and LGW, congrats on the loss! I have no idea about the protein, I've been wondering about that myself. I never thought to try making my own frozen yoghurt before, great idea!

Vanessa, I am jealous! I can't wait to see cheekbones. Though I must say, I'm most looking forward to seeing clearly defined collar bones.. I don't know what it is about them, I just love seeing them!

melodymist
08-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Same her VanessaV! I also take a bite from other people's dessert! Hahaha! Well done on your cheek bones ;)

Go go go people!!! Santa wants to buy you some sexy undies when you're 50 pounds lighter ;) Have a blessed day!

LGW
08-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Vanessa/Melody/Its/Aseret: thanks!!! consistenty does pay off, its day 79 for me...I'm happy and satisfied....I eat....and not hungry! :wave:

ItsMyTurn
08-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Ok, so weigh in today was -.8Lb!!!! I know that is not 2 Lb, but... stress level has been higher this week, I started strength training this week, and I also had an issue that prevented some of my normal cardio last night - all things considered, I will so take the loss of any size! ~Star~

VanessaV
08-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Ok, so weigh in today was -.8Lb!!!! I know that is not 2 Lb, but... stress level has been higher this week, I started strength training this week, and I also had an issue that prevented some of my normal cardio last night - all things considered, I will so take the loss of any size! ~Star~

Anything, ANYTHING, is better than a gain! At least you are headed in the right direction! Congrats!

melodymist
08-04-2011, 01:55 AM

Well done on your loss :carrot:. Every little bit helps getting there!

I had a rough couple of days. Two family members in hospital. I stayed on plan but I have to admit that I have no appetite when I'm sad and worrying. So the last two nights I didn't really eat enough but I still excercised just to relief the stress. I'll get that better today. Atleast I know HE comforts me.

Strongs everyone :)

km0ss
08-04-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm new to this site and still learning it's ways. Would you mind telling me how to go about joining you in this endeavor? Thanks! :)

Grace73
08-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Sorry i have not been around.. had a bad bad bad week..not just with dieting..
im trying to get back on track tonight and pull myself back together..
hugs.. keep chugging along girls!!

VanessaV
08-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Well done on your loss :carrot:. Every little bit helps getting there!

I had a rough couple of days. Two family members in hospital. I stayed on plan but I have to admit that I have no appetite when I'm sad and worrying. So the last two nights I didn't really eat enough but I still excercised just to relief the stress. I'll get that better today. Atleast I know HE comforts me.

Strongs everyone :)

:hug:

ItsMyTurn
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Thank you Vanessa :) That's the way I am looking at it too. When everything hits in a flood, and there is still ANY movement downward, that is a super good thing :D

Thank you melody :) Sorry to hear of your hospitalized family and do hope everything is ok? I am the same way...stressed or not actually... it's hard to eat, just no desire... that's half my problem. You keep plugging away though and I like to exercise out my stress too! Seems we have some commonalities. Do you mind if I ask what is happening with the family? I will send some prayers your way if you don't mind.

km - of course you can join in! Set your goal that you want to accomplish between now and Christmas and post progress..that easy :) Welcome aboard!

VanessaV
08-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm new to this site and still learning it's ways. Would you mind telling me how to go about joining you in this endeavor? Thanks! :)

Welcome--LOL--it's that simple! You're IN!

Come join us--we're all doing our own thing but with a common goal-- we'd LOVE a 50 lb loss Christmas present!

p.s. I'm new, too but these folks are great!

km0ss
08-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Not sure if my last post was seen/read, but I am definitely wanting to join in on this.

Did walk/jog two miles first thing this morning. Unfortunitely, with the NC heat, it's near impossible to stay out there for too long.

I got on the elliptical this evening, but wasn't able to make it past three minutes. :( Was very upset and disappointed with myself because I did ten minutes last night.

I don't think I had enough rest last night. Just couldn't force the energy to make it through. Our youngest was up off and on.

Really hope I start seeing bigger results soon. It can be really hard to stay motivated when I feel like I'm doing so well and feel so good, but it doesn't show on the outside.

SO, is tomorrow the "official" weigh in for our first week of this challenge?

p.s. Thank you "VanessaV" for the sweet welcome that I just took notice of!!!...hahaha... :)

Grace73
08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Good Morning .
Another HOT day in SC.. been so hot. almost impossible to run..I even have the treadmill in the garage. but nofan.. so it gets hot in there too. but i need to try something..
hope everyone has a great day!

VanessaV
08-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Not sure if my last post was seen/read, but I am definitely wanting to join in on this.

Did walk/jog two miles first thing this morning. Unfortunitely, with the NC heat, it's near impossible to stay out there for too long.

I got on the elliptical this evening, but wasn't able to make it past three minutes. :( Was very upset and disappointed with myself because I did ten minutes last night.

I don't think I had enough rest last night. Just couldn't force the energy to make it through. Our youngest was up off and on.

Really hope I start seeing bigger results soon. It can be really hard to stay motivated when I feel like I'm doing so well and feel so good, but it doesn't show on the outside.

SO, is tomorrow the "official" weigh in for our first week of this challenge?

p.s. Thank you "VanessaV" for the sweet welcome that I just took notice of!!!...hahaha... :)

You are welcome for the welcome! I hope you won't be discouraged. Be glad that you ARE doing so well and you DO feel so good! You are doing good things for yourself. Sometimes the results are slow in coming but-- we can't give up. If we give up, we surely will not reach our goals!

LOL--this group is pretty loose. I don't think we have any hard and fast rules. But--some weigh in and report on Fridays. Whatever works for you. Personally, I appreciate the accountability and encouragement.

Three mins on the elliptical is better than no mins on the elliptical! Perhaps you can do the elliptical every other day for now. Or maybe today your energy will return and you'll do ten plus!

Have a great day and thanks for joining in!

How's everyone else doing?

V/V
PS I weigh in tomorrow--first time in three weeks--keep your fingers crossed for me!

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
km0ss - I had welcomed ya earlier, but shortened your name to "km"... maybe wasn't enough of it to know I was referring to you though :) I think it's great you want to jump on in!!!!! 3 mins on the elliptical is 3 more minutes that got done than if you sat on the couch, so good job!!!! Look at your positives, focus on those.... maybe if doing 3 mins is all the umph you have for a day... try doing the elliptical during commercial breaks of one of your tv shows? Then it would be 3 mins at a time (not all at once and feeling unable to do it) and it would be 3x/half hour? Then you are pretty much at your 10 mins that make you feel proud!!!! As long as you are doing something, always feel good about that cause it's one step closer to where you want to be :)

Fridayangel - I so feel ya there! Here in AZ we have not fallen below 110 degrees in too long of a time and it's sweltering out! Saturday when I do my biking, I have to do it early or I am not able to at all. I am fortunate enough to have a big enough place to have my gym and elliptical inside the house though, so I can be in the a/c to exercise the rest of the time.

Vanessa - consider my fingers crossed for ya!!!

Matilda08
08-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I would like to join this thread! I am not shooting for 50 but I would like to hit 200 or 199 come year end. My start weight is 229 so I am going for 29lbs!

Good luck everyone!

SW 229
GW 200

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Matilda - Welcome aboard and I have no doubt you will hit that goal!!! :)

aseret123
08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Welcome Matilda08 and km0ss! It's nice to have so many people join up and help everyone :)

It seems like the weather is taking its toll everywhere this week, yesterday it was around 90 degrees, which made it a nightmare to exercise and sleep! I didn't wanna complain too much since we only get a couple of weeks of really good sunshine a year here in London, but still, it was really tough to find the motivation to do anything!

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 02:50 PM
aseret - depending on your humidity levels, that 90 degrees can feel like a sauna too. Hopefully we all get a bit of cooling relief... I am just looking forward to September so we can cool down below 95 through the night. At least with a cooler start it won't feel so bad

melodymist
08-05-2011, 04:03 PM
fridayangel - We all are here for you okey? PM or anything if you need to talk!:hug:

VanessaV - Thank you! ;)

ItsMyTurn - Oh yes I see we are the same! Hehe like yesterday, I was so sad and in so much spiritual pain that I excercised for 3 hours straight just to let everything out. I'm feeling it today. My body is in pain. Atleast the next 2 days are my excercise free days so I can relax. My grandma is in hospital, they think she might need a hip replacement and then my cousin (best cousin, we're super close) was in an explosion on tuesday. He got 2nd degree burns on his face and arms. He is currently in ICU but is stable condition the doctors say. My heart is aching for him. I NEVER say no to an extra prayer :) thank you!!!! :yay:

kmoss + Matilda - Welcome aboard! :carrot:

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
melody - That is exactly how I handle stress... work it out! I honestly think it clears the head so we can think straight, because when I don't, then I get shaky and just snap at everything (the first is way more productive, lol). I am so sorry to hear you were also in spiritual pain, anything I can do to help? I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's hip - such a central location for mobility. And your cousin too...I can't imagine making it through an explosion! I will certainly include the both of them in prayer as well... lift them up and let Him do His work in healing :) At work the PM doesn't work, but it does once I get home..usually around 5pm AZ time or on weekends, if you ever want to :)

km0ss
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
My weigh in today was 173.8...Getting there slowly...But, at least in the right direction! :)

I'm pledging to lose 3lbs by next weigh in!

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 11:39 PM
km0ss - way to go!!!! That's great! Gotta love things in the right direction

melodymist
08-06-2011, 03:29 AM
melody - That is exactly how I handle stress... work it out! I honestly think it clears the head so we can think straight, because when I don't, then I get shaky and just snap at everything (the first is way more productive, lol). I am so sorry to hear you were also in spiritual pain, anything I can do to help? I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's hip - such a central location for mobility. And your cousin too...I can't imagine making it through an explosion! I will certainly include the both of them in prayer as well... lift them up and let Him do His work in healing :) At work the PM doesn't work, but it does once I get home..usually around 5pm AZ time or on weekends, if you ever want to :)

"Spiritual pain" silly me I meant to say emotional pain, sorry for the confusion :o. Yes I love to work everything out and it also clears my head which is a added bonus :) I'm looking to go visit my cousin next week when he is out of icu, we're not allowed in icu which sucks a bit. Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it!

I'm off to the mall now, think I might buy me some new shoes or a new Sims expansion pack hehe. My weigh in is on monday. Not expecting a huge loss but only time will tell. I'm off until wednesday!!! Happy dance :carrot:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

km0ss
08-06-2011, 09:51 AM
km0ss - way to go!!!! That's great! Gotta love things in the right direction

Thanks for the moral support! Also, thank you for your earlier welcoming message. I meant to respond earlier so you knew that I did see it this time...hahaha...I'm still new at this and it can be hard for me to find the time to jump on the computer.

A lot of the time, it's just easier for me to respond quickly via cell phone. But, I don't like having to write more than a couple of sentences because you can't type it out. It has to be done one letter at a time.

I've been working really hard this week. It can be difficult to keep at it due to the heat/humidity and the fact that I still have two kids in diapers. My husband is a teacher so he's home for the summer right how. However, he's getting ready to start back in a couple of weeks. So, that will be the true test!

Trying to get some strong work-out habits now to hopefully make it easier when the time comes!

I'm really liking this site and appreciate all the support!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
melody - I am sure you will be waiting at the door of his "regular room" to get in and let him know you have been right there :) You should take a picture of the new shoes and post so we can see :) LOL! Off til Wednesday? That's awesome! Enjoy the time!!!!

km0ss - Totally understand the lack of typing on the phone :) Back when I had my cell, I had swapped to a touch one so that posting on internet didn't take so long cause that would drive me nuts. Getting into workout routine now, sounds like a good plan :) Hubby there or not, keep your eyes on your goal and you can succeed! If you stay focused, it is totally possible!

LGW
08-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Still on this mission!

km0ss: welcome :)

Start May 15 - 238
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4 (-3.2)
7/22 - 220.6 (-1.8)
7/29 -220.0 (-0.6)
8/6: 216.8 (-3.2) (no WI on 8/5)

Official weigh in 8/15 - goal of 4-8# loss since 7/15...so far -5.6...:carrot:

LGW
08-07-2011, 01:39 AM
bump

ItsMyTurn
08-07-2011, 11:45 AM
LGW - Good to hear from you! Nice to see those numbers going lower for you :)

mystical
08-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Hello all if it isn't too late I would love to join your group. I have been on a wightloss journey for some time now, as of June 1 I finally got it and have been doing pretty good at least for me. I would welcome some added support and motivation. At my highest weight at least recorded weight it was 235 lbs, which i have struggled with my entire life and I am only 5' tall so that isn't good. I am now at 186.2 can't seem to get to the 170's. I have a trainer and she entered me in a competition and I had really hoped to lost 30lbs for it but doesn't look like I am going to do it. I have 12 weeks from June 1st and so far I have lost 19 lbs and only two weeks left don't think I will get another 11 lbs before then. If I win the transformation contest I could win 24 training sessions. So hopefully I have done enough would love to get some feedback from you all. :) Thanks

LaurenMarie720
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey ladies I would love to join this. I would die if i lost 50lbs by Christmas. Thats my goal, Im not sure if i can but any closer to 50 will be FAB.

melodymist
08-08-2011, 02:15 AM
LGW - Well done on your loss! Keep going strong ;)

LaurenMarie + Mystical = welcome aboard girls!

ItsMyTurn - Oi! I didn't but new shoes :( was in such a hurry that I didn't even have time! But when I have time to but it, I will post a picture. Thank you for all your support throughout last week :hug:

So my weigh in was this morning.............. I'm down 2 pounds!!!! :carrot: I didn't really expect it. I didn't eat enough food and I excercised my butt of last week due to stress.

I got the new Zumba Exhilarate!!!1 Going to try it later today! Anyone else tried it?

have a great week girls ;)

Grace73
08-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Hello ladies!!
Welcome to all the new folks who had joined!! Glad you are here..

I had a severe bad week last week. had some bad news, waiting on good news.. and my nerves are shot. trying to get myhead back together to focus on getting my health my # 1 focus and lose this weight..

Congrats to everyone whos got that scale going down!!!!!
and to all the scale is not moving fast enough for.. it will happen..
just dont give up!!
have a wonderful day!!
I promise to post more!!!

Friday

mystical
08-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Good morning all: Mondays are my weigh in day and I have been stressed my weightloss has slowed down nothing for 2 weeks and now only 1 lb, I guess that is better than going up right... Any pointers to get the weight loss moving again?

Congrats to all with a weigh loss

VanessaV
08-08-2011, 08:08 AM
So much for the anticipation! Would love to report that I lost considerable pounds but all I have to report is that they messed up and my appt isn't til THIS Saturday!

LOL--so I will try to really be on task this week and hope for results!

Welcome to all the new folks!!

Hope everyone has a good week!

V/V

calmeida5018
08-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Scale not budging - been doing weights and low impact bc of foot. I do feel clothes fitting a little better. But at this rate, especially since I'll have to be still for a while after surgery, I don't see the 50lbs happening... : (

Matilda08
08-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome!:)

I wi at 228.4 thought i would be up but I guess not lol

ItsMyTurn
08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
mystical - Welcome aboard! Don't shake a stick at a pound gone..that's one less you have to lose to your goal, that's one less you DIDN'T gain, that's one less pound of weight you now carry around, and one more pound gone that you can be proud of! Way to go!!!!

LaurenMarie - I am sure you will hit whatever goal you hit...persevere and keep the motivation up and you can accomplish any goal you set! :)

Melody - I am so sorry you didn't get to buy your shoes yet, can't wait to see them when you do though :) Way to go on the 2 lbs gone! That's terrific! It's gotta be the exercising we do when we are like that, LOL! You have so got to let me know how you like the Zumba. I have yet to try Zumba, but have now been asking questions about it.. it seems to have peaked my curiosity :) I would be interested to hear your take on that one since we seem to have the commonalitites :D

Fridayangel - Sorry to hear about the bad news and hopes the good news finds you soon. Hopefully use that emotion you are riding and turn it right into drive to your healthy focus :) I do hope your week is better this week!

Vanessa - Sounds like you were able to buy yourself some more time to get the results you are hoping for :) Win-win! :P

calmeida - remember that the reshaping means the building of muscle :) That is not a downside, because once that starts to burn the calories for you, you will see the scale moving too! :) It's easy to let stagnant numbers get to you, but patience is needed in this journey and you will bust through the holding pattern ;)

Matilda - isn't it great when you expect the worst and it doesn't materialize? :) I am so happy your weigh in went well!

km0ss
08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Sooo, was ready to roll this morning with the 'ol workout. This NC heat is making it very difficult!!!

I did three miles today. I only jogged about one mile of it and walked the other two. But, I thought it was a good start!

Hoping to find time to start these "two a days". I'm desperate to accomplish this goal!

zookeeperof04
08-09-2011, 12:50 AM
If it's not too late I would love to join this challenge.

This current weight loss journey started when a co-worker decided she wanted to lose some weight before going on vacation back home to her family for Christmas. So she acted like she was on "Survival" and decided to enlist her enemy along with her. I tend to eat unhealthy items from lunch/dinner. I work night shift (12 hour shifts). So to make it easier on her why not enlist everyone around you so your not tempted by what they are eating! She we call it operation 50. She wanted to lose 50lbs before then. I decided to do it with her because I could for sure lose 100+, plus my older daughters (11yrs and 6yrs) and I have registered for the "Down and Dirty Mud Run" which is in Oct and we need to get it shape for it. So I decided to go along with her.

We started 3 weeks ago... I have stuck to it and she (my co-worker) has slacked off every chance she has gotten. So I am pretty much doing it on my own now. But really looking forward to a healthier and fitter me. I participated in the 50 Mile over 3 days walk in San Diego last Sept for my mom who has MS. I never quit.... I walked everyone of the 50 Miles! So I can defiantly do something for me! So heres to a fitter and healthier me!!!!! I am currently using the "My Net Diary" app to count calories and progress. I am also using the crunch fu app to help with crunches, the C25K app (I am not a jogger, but I am currently on session 2 and am thrilled with my determination and hard work). At home I am using the Wii Biggest Loser and Active 2 games (They kick my ***, but such a good workout) and I rotate cardio dvds. When the weather is nice and I want to do something other then jogging I go for walks on one of our many trails in my area. I have no problem walking 5 Miles its just finding the time. I work nights (12 hours shifts) this really makes it hard to regulate eating, exercising and sleep but I am doing it!

aseret123
08-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Welcome to all the new people joining in, it's great to have so many positive people involved!

It's Tuesday, which means... weigh-in! I didn't post last Tuesday as I was far too ashamed of myself after that horrid week of eating out. I had gained 4lbs! Up to 238! But today, I post proudly, as not only did I shift that 4lbs but I took off another 1.2 with it!! :D

melodymist and fridayangel, we're all here for you if you need to talk at all! It might make you feel better to express your feelings to people who you don't have to see every day, I know it helps me sometimes. Hope things start looking up for you!

Have a good week everyone :)

ItsMyTurn
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
kmOss - That sounds great! 3 miles in heat is wonderful start :)

Welcome aboard Zookeeper! Keep your nose to the grind, even if it's only your own nose ;)

aseret - Don't be ashamed when there is a gain... we all do that now and then. No matter the reason, just pick yourself up and brush off like you did and remind yourself how wonderful you are! Then to turn around and have such a fabulous loss???? You totally rocked it this week!

AFM - I am scared to get on scale tomorrow for my weekly weigh in. I am not measuring up to my 2lb/wk lately, and it's been a super high stress time for us as of late, which makes it worse... which no one needs to hear about... but worried it's going to take its toll by cussing me out on the scale. I am totally ON plan and then some... but... my body is weird and like to mess with me sometimes. Oh well, it is what it is. Got home from crap day of work last night, ran an errand..then got home to work out my pent up frustration :) Kidnapped the hubster and my son for a bike ride, then refueled with a salad, then upstairs to beat the heck outta my gym, hehehe. My muscles are swearing at me, but I sure did feel better! Tonight is elliptical night. I bought a pair of pants that were too small on purpose - super cool jeans - and hung them on the wall in front of the elliptical....feel like stopping? Won't get in those pants if you do! ... awesome mind game for myself! LOL!

mystical
08-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to check in before I go to bed. Had a wonderful workout the last two days. My trainer put on a weight jacket for me yesterday 25lbs almost the amount that I have lost since June, I could barely workout with it. It is amazing how i carried all that weight around every day you know. Today I had a great 45 minutes of cardio. Feel really good, I am really hoping that I can get another 5 lbs down by the 24th of this month wish me luck :)

melodymist
08-10-2011, 02:34 AM
fridayangel - My thoughts are with you. You can do this, just keep your focus!

ItsMyTurn - The ZUmba Exhilarate is fantastic!!!! Haha I got tired in the first 10 minutes! It's a high energy dancing workout and very fun. I did Zumba when it first came out a few years ago and I was also a fan. Look for the videos on youtube but I'm sure you will like it. It's so much fun, you won't even notice you're working out! Oh yes, I've noticed we seem to like the same stuff. Stress is a real a pain! I'm so sorry you're so stressed these days, but it's good that you're using excercise as a positive way to work it out! Well done! "Beat the heck out of my gym" ? Do you do kick boxing? Let us know on the weight loss, and don't be dissapointed, like you said "No matter the reason, just pick yourself up and brush off like you did and remind yourself how wonderful you are! ". Feel free to PM me at anytime :)

mystical - A weight jacket??? How cool is that! Congrats on your loss so far!

calmeida5018 - Just keep trying, give the scale time and just focus on recovering! One time or another the scale will just HAVE to move!

km0ss - Well done on the 3 miles! You're doing way bettter than me! Hehe, I'm not a big fan of running. I'm sure as you get stronger you wil do the 3 miles in no time!

zookeeperof04 - Wow, working night shifts? That seems really really hard. I applaud you! Keep us updated :) YOU CAN DO THIS!

aseret123 - We missed you last week!!!! I want to know you're secret, losing over 5 pounds in a week! Wow, well done!!!!!!! Keep us updated ;) and thank you for the support!

calmeida5018
08-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well and for the posts I see so much positive stuff going on!!!

I'm still able to work out so far. Doing Hip Hop abs for cardio modified with no jumping and doing weights with no lunges. Monday was able to do the whole arm and shoulder workout without having to put the weights down during the second set : ) felt good about that! Another work out today (doing it every other day for now - don't want to push it with the foot bc it gets sore later on in the day)

Finishing my tattoo (or hoping to get most of it done tomorrow) so I can at least have something I like to look at while recovering. : )

Anyone have any ideas of something I can do sitting once I'm couch bound and start feeling better? Won't be able to bear weight for at least 8 weeks but the arms will work : )

Have a wonderful productive OP day! And if you don't, forgive yourself and move on!!!

xoxoxo
Claudia

ItsMyTurn
08-10-2011, 11:54 AM
melody - You cracked me up! I always tell my kids not to use my words against me, LOL!!!! I don't do kick-boxing...it's a figure of speech. In other words, I beat the challenges the gym put forth to me... I kicked its butt ;) Hubster was laughing at some of the noises coming from loft where it is though :D I definitely think I have to try the Zumba thing now... been banging around the idea for awhile, but I love high energy! As for the stress... it doesn't usually seem to invade my day since I know I can let it out during my evening workouts... I definitely think that is way healthier than keeping it all in :P

mystical - It's amazing the changes if we actually stop and think about it.... or have a humorous trainer that makes ya carry the difference ;) I am so glad you are energized to keep moving forward too! That's great!

calmeida - Sounds like you are doing wonderful! Glad to hear of the tattoo.. it will serve as a good 'pick me up' during this process for ya! Just as a suggestion... arm curls with cans/personal weights.... or... for more a fat burner type thing... they have those bike pedals that are just a stand with pedals... if you put up on a table or tray, could use those with your hands/arms :) They actually sell them for those who sit at a desk a bunch... or for those people who like to keep feet moving while watching tv... but I don't see why you can't put them on a tray and do with arms/hands... and there is very little resistance, so won't have to put your back into it or anything

As for me, I had more loss today at weigh in, but my best news that elated me today.... I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in eons! Back when I first bought them I had a slight muffin top above waist of them...and not today! Even with TOM deciding to time itself with weigh-in, I am still making progress! YAY!

aseret123
08-10-2011, 12:17 PM
ItsMyTurn: Thank you! Your comment really made me smile :) Well done on your loss, isn't it fabulous when clothes start to fit again!

melody: Thank you! You're very welcome, we're just at the click of a button :) As with everyone, my secret is healthy eating and exercise! Shame was a very good motivator for me and I never went off the rails at all, all week. I think my chosen exercise (swimming) is really helping with losing inches, I'm 16lbs down now but already 4 inches down on my waist. So if anyone has access to a swimming pool, USE IT!!!

calmeida: I must have missed the post where you discussed your tattoo! What have you had/are you having? And where? I'm not too good at ideas for sitting exercises, but you could try hula hands? It's fun, I do it whilst I'm watching TV! You just get two small hoops (I think you can buy them in sports stores, and the'yre small enough to use on your couch) and hula them on your arms!

I have my first Zumba class tomorrow, so I'll let you all know how it goes :) Keep working! x

Matilda08
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone I hope all is well! Im down a lil today 228.0

ItsMyTurn
08-10-2011, 04:21 PM
aseret - I had gone down one pant size about a month and a half ago, which to me was a huge happy feeling. This size I expected to be able to get into, but with no muffin top means that I may be .8Lb heavier than I was when my medical stuff began, but I am in better shape! I guess it is more that realization that has me so elated then even the pants!!!
Have fun with the zumba class!!!!! I have been asking a ton of questions and have decided to look up some of the videos online to try :D Looks like a blast!

Matilda - Great job! It's so good to see the number go down... be it a bit or a bunch :D Down is the only way to go! :)

calmeida5018
08-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi! Thanks for all the encouragement!!! I'll keep some of my weights next to the couch and do some arm work - hopefully can get some abs done when I'm in bed (moving our futon from the guest room upstairs to the office on the main floor so I have access to full bathroom, kitchen and music/tv! Our bedroom is upstairs and I can't do 2 flights of stairs. The one at the entrance to the house will be bad enough!!!

Tattoo - I have several. My whole back is done, I have a half sleeve on the front of left arm and my right forearm done. I'm getting my whole upper right arm done. Tomorrow will be finishing the upper right arm.

It's easier to post photos than explain, they are buddhist/hindu deities and designs. The upper arm also has a peacock encircling most of the tattoo. I have always been interested in eastern philosophy and spirituality, have done yoga and meditation since I was a kid, so when I decided to get tattooed that's the way I went : )

Once again, glad to hear everyone's success! I worked out for an hour today. 40 min Hip Hop Abs great fun and cardio, then my upper lower power circuit with weights and some yoga for stress reduction and stretching. Been OP today, but the boredom of staying at home keeps me thinking of food. Drinking lots of water and loading up on low cal things, cucumbers, strawberries, more water : )

Talk soon!

Claudia

melodymist
08-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Talk about being lazy today. Haven't worked an hour even haha. Just playing around on the internet. I'm STARVING. But TOM is on it's way, so I know that's why. Ugh.

Atleast I'm excercising everyday so far and I'm OP. :D

Anyhow. I got 3, yes THREE, compliments from people this week saying how I've lost weight. Makes me smile and just gives me that extra boost I need to continue this lifestyle!

aseret123 - How was the Zumba?

Matilda08 - Yah you're going down!! :)

ItsMyTurn - Hahaha now I'm blushing, hehe sorry ;) I'm a bit of a blonde sometimes!

calmeida5018 - Well done on staying on track! I don't have the guts to get a tattoo! Too much of a sissy hehe

ItsMyTurn
08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
calmeida - I sure do hope you are going to have a quick recovery and lowered boredom level :)

melody - I hope the hunger subsides for you, that sounds miserable. Mother nature was not nice to us females. Wow, look at you getting 3 compliments!!!! That's awesome!

I got home after a bunch of stress yesterday and hit the bike hard. DH came with me knowing I was heading over to the undeveloped area to ride (too many wild animals that tend to hang out there to travel it alone). I was able to pedal real hard since we didn't take any of the kids with us too. Then I also did the gym last night for strength training. All that stress melted out of me in the form of sweat and it felt GOOD! :)

aseret123
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh my, that's a lot of tattoos! I sometimes wish I were brave enough to get one :^:

melodymist, congrats on your compliments!! Nothing like someone noticing your hard work to give you a boost.

I really cannot recommend Zumba enough! It was amazing! It was the best workout I've had in a long time, really intense by my standards, yet I was having so much fun that stopping never crossed my mind. It was also a good motivator for me as it reminded me of one of the things I'm going to treat myself to when I hit goal: dance classes :) I used to love dance and took classes for years, but I'm far too self-conscious to do it at my current weight. It felt good to do something similar again. If you have access to classes you really should try just one, I'm sure you'll be hooked! Needless to say, I'm going back next week ;)

Have a lovely weekend everyone x

ItsMyTurn
08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
aseret - I am so glad you enjoyed the zumba so much! How awesome when you can find a workout that you truly love to do!!!!

LGW
08-13-2011, 02:22 AM
8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0) ... I will take it! still hanging in there below 220

melodymist
08-13-2011, 02:31 AM
aseret - Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!! I knew you would like it! Zumba is fun and it doesn't feel like you're working out because it is enjoyable. I have all the DVD's so I do it at home but I would love to go to a Zumba class witha instructor one day.

ItsMyTurn - Forgive me for somethings slip my mind, I went through the post again and I was going to comment about your weigh in loss and the jeans that are a fitting you now. Ugh. Sorry! But here it is.. W E L L D O N E !!!!!! You're a real champion! It feels good that those jeans fit again hey! Yes, work out that stress!!!!!!!! It's the best and most positive way!

=======================

Last night me and my best friend went for dinner because these both two weeks has been crazy for both of us. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed it. We had mussels, sushi and wine. I think the wine was maybe too sweet and full of empty calories but it's all right. I was ON the whole week with my eating and excersise so it's okay, I don't want to get deprived.

Oh yes and my abs and lower back is killing me and they're sooooo sore. Did Zumba and Yoga Meltdown yesterday. Wow haha I'm feeling the workout now! Also going away for the weekend. A friend asked me to be his date at a party tonight ;) Enjoy the weekend friends!

mystical
08-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi all, hope it is a good weekend for everyone. I am getting nervous only two more weeks until my final weigh in at the gym for my transformation challenge. In the past couple of weeks I seem to be at a stand still can't seem to get the weight moving again and I don't know why workout have been bumped up and meals have been OP so I don't understand I was hoping to hit 30lbs for the 12 weeks but I know that isn't going to work I am just hoping right now that I will meet the 25lb mark. I am at around 20 lb loss right now any suggestions on how to get the weight loss moving again????

ItsMyTurn
08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
LGW - No gain is a success in itself! That's a good week :)

melody - that sounds wonderful! A dinner out with a bestie is sometimes a necessity! Hope you enjoyed your party too!

mystical - Honestly 20 Lbs is a great loss, but if you feel yourself stalling then maybe time to mix it up a bit. Change the time of day for workout or possible mix up the workout a bit to confuse your body - that usually results in some loss coming back again. Your body, muscles, etc get used to routine, and in order to keep results flying you have to mix it up periodically just to show it you are unpredictable. Weird, but true. :) Hope that helps

KaylaL4107
08-13-2011, 06:35 PM
hi all--- i was wondering if I could join in your group? This is my first post and i am a complete newbie, but the challenge is a goal i have already set for myself. I also weigh in on Fridays :)
Thanks!

VanessaV
08-13-2011, 09:19 PM
WOW! It's great to have so many new folks jumping on Santa's Scales!

SO--- the dreaded appt was today. And-- all I can say is "whoop-de-freakin' do!" I shouldn't be disappointed but I have been SO good! In the beginning, I said my plan was
1200 cals daily... 45 % carbs, 33 % fats and 22 % protein.

I use fitday to track it-- FIVE weeks later-- it is actually....
43 % carbs, 35 % fat and 21 % protein and 1249 cal/avg/day.

So--pretty darn close don't you think?! Well--no big surprises--lost EXACTLY according to the plan--Grrrr! but, I will be grateful and will keep on program.

Anyway--the big news is I have lost 7.5 # in five weeks--exactly 1.5 # per week. LOL--don't guess they will be asking me to do any "super weight-loss advertisements" anytime soon!

HINT to those under 50: Start losing it NOW!! The older you get, the harder it gets. After 50--the weight turns to CEMENT and moves just as slowly!! LOSE IT NOW!!

V/V
ps how do I get the tracker to recognize .5, or doesn't it?

omgzitsmiranda
08-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Is it too late to join? :)

lukesmom
08-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Another to join...if I may. I realize some of you guys started in July, so I will need to step it up to lose my Santa belly by Christmas.:D My WI is on Wednesday, although this week I am going to a convention in Minnesota and will be weighing on Monday.

ItsMyTurn
08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the new folks! Just jump right in!!!

Vanessa - Good to hear from you :) Great job on the loss!!!!! 1.5/wk is excellent! As for your ticker, I couldn't get the 3FC ticker to register decimals, so decided to change it out. If there is a trick to it, I don't know it, LOL

VanessaV
08-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the new folks! Just jump right in!!!

Vanessa - Good to hear from you :) Great job on the loss!!!!! 1.5/wk is excellent! As for your ticker, I couldn't get the 3FC ticker to register decimals, so decided to change it out. If there is a trick to it, I don't know it, LOL

IMT-- Thanks, Sweetness! I guess I felt I had worked SO hard that it should have been higher!*** In my earlier years I could have lost half-again as much! LOL-- I guess those time are history!! But, I'll take it--thank you for the encouragement.

BTW-- I've been meaning to ask you--where in MAINE?

Have a good week!

*** I think I've been watching too much "Biggest Loser" and their humongous losses!

LGW
08-16-2011, 12:39 AM
7/6 - 226 - start for this post - 50lbs by December
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4
7/22 - 220.6
7/29 - 220.0
8/5 - no WI
8/12 - 218.6 total loss: -7.4 Balance: 42.6
8/19 - next weight in

suri0506
08-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Love this plan!!
I'm in! I'll be weighing in on Mondays.
Right now I'm on Weight Watchers Plus (online).. I have mixed emotions in regards to it, because I had much better results with the older version.. Still I'm going to stick to it for one or two more weeks to see how it goes!

Best regards!:carrot:

VanessaV
08-16-2011, 08:03 AM
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4
7/22 - 220.6
7/29 - 220.0
8/5 - no WI
8/12 - 218.6 total loss: -7.4 Balance: 42.6
8/19 - next weight in

LGW--Luv your 'Just for Today!' Gotta have a PLAN! Thx for the reminder.

Matilda08
08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello Ladies! I hope all iswell I am ok I guess just really trying to stay on plan. I gained and lost a few lbs lately ive been on a roller coaster lol. I need to see 225 month end today I wi at 232 I know i can do it:)

calmeida5018
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone! It's great to hear how well everyone is doing. I still have not lost a lb despite eating right and exercising at least 4x a day for an hour with weights and cardio. Frustrating. Next week it's surgery, so I'll be out of commission as far as hard core exercise, so I think my 50lbs are not gonna happen. Very depressed about this. I have been working so hard and been so committed and to not see much progress is frustrating.

Wish I had good news to report.

Take care everyone!

Claudia

ItsMyTurn
08-16-2011, 01:04 PM
IMT-- Thanks, Sweetness! I guess I felt I had worked SO hard that it should have been higher!*** In my earlier years I could have lost half-again as much! LOL-- I guess those time are history!! But, I'll take it--thank you for the encouragement.

BTW-- I've been meaning to ask you--where in MAINE?

Have a good week!

*** I think I've been watching too much "Biggest Loser" and their humongous losses!
Vanessa - That happens as the body goes through changes. I have hit peri-menapause (early, but that's a genetic thing) and it makes things sooo much harder. Fighting illnesses, losing weight... seems to be a bigger battle then ever. 1.5Lbs loss per week is excellent, and certainly nothing to sniff at ;) Be proud! As for where in Maine, I lived an hour north of Bangor in the back woods, LOL! Then was in Bangor for a couple years, but the majority of my years were north. :)

aseret123
08-16-2011, 01:06 PM
:welcome3: newbies! Just jump right in and keep us posted!

VanessaV, 1.5 per week is fabulous! Just think, if you carry on losing that amount, in about 6 months you'll be at goal!

Way to go LGW! I like that you post your most recent weigh-ins too, it's encouraging to see your progress :)

Matilda, we're at very similar weights! I'm sure you can see 225 by the end of the month, let us know as soon as you hit it.

Claudia, I know it's tough, but you just have to keep pushing through. Eventually you will be able to reap the rewards of your hard work. I know it may seem like you haven't gotten the results you deserve, but maybe you should think of it in a slightly different way: how strong are you, to carry on working hard even though you aren't seeing the results you'd like to?? A lot of people would just give up as soon as they hit a bump in the road, and you're strong to carry on.

Now for my weekly weigh in results... down 3.8! How? I have no idea! I did step up my exercise, but I also fell off the wagon.. twice :o I'm so excited now though because I'm at the 20lbs lost mark! Also, assuming that my digital scales are correct, I'm now under 50% body fat :D My next mini-goal is to get to 224 (less than 100lbs to lose). I hope to do this by September 6th, which is 3 weeks away. If I tried REALLY hard, I think I could do it in 2 weeks but I'm making allowances because it's my birthday on Thursday :D I will not be holding back on my birthday! Though I've actually found that the less I eat, the less I CAN eat if that makes sense? I just can't handle the portion sizes I used to eat! So maybe next weeks weigh in won't be the monumental disaster I'm expecting.. Only time will tell!

Have a fabulous week ladies :)

ItsMyTurn
08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the new folks!!!! Great to have more on board!

Claudia - have you tried mixing up your routine a bit to throw your body off? Don't take your eyes off the goals though, they can keep you going :)

aseret - Excellent!!! 3.8 is huge!!! How great is that?!? You should give yourself a big ol' pat on the back!

VanessaV
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone! It's great to hear how well everyone is doing. I still have not lost a lb despite eating right and exercising at least 4x a day for an hour with weights and cardio. Frustrating. Next week it's surgery, so I'll be out of commission as far as hard core exercise, so I think my 50lbs are not gonna happen. Very depressed about this. I have been working so hard and been so committed and to not see much progress is frustrating.

Wish I had good news to report.

Take care everyone!

Claudia

FOUR times a DAY!? Way to go! Wish I could say that!!

Anddd--like you--I realize at the rate I am going-- I may not see that BIG 5-0 by Christmas!! But--what are we going to do--Give Up? Like--that's not going to help anything, right?! All we can do is keep doing what we are doing and doing it right.

LOL--remember the tortoise and the hare!?? So, we are going to lose more slowly than others--it doesn't mean we can't do it. It will just take us a while longer!!!!! Heck--maybe we'll go for St. Patrick's Day instead of Christmas!! But-- I WILL lose this fifty pounds!!!!!!

The way I look at it-- I can look back a year when-with losses and gains-- I weighed exactly the SAME one year later!! DARN! At least now, even if I were to stay right where i am today (which I refuse to do!) I am still ahead of last year.

Calmeida--hang in there with me!!

Good thoughts for your surgery. Let us know how it goes.

:hug: V/V

calmeida5018
08-16-2011, 08:38 PM
LMAO! No not 4x a day!!! 4-5 x a week!!!! Ooops!!!

I do change things up - I have a ton of videos and switch them up - only consistent thing is that I do cardio/weights and yoga, so about an hour each time.

Today I ended up eating ice cream which I don't do bc I am trying to stop eating sugar and was being slow on the couch, foot was hurting, afraid of surgery, anyway, having a pity party pretty much.

Finally at around 6pm I got my a** up and did a 30 min Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 second week video. That made me feel a lot better. Took a shower and am now relaxing. Not eating anything else today, just drinking some water.

Tomorrow is another day.

Thank you so much for all the support. I do believe at SOME POINT something is bound to happen if I stay the course. I will not give up. I accept I won't make it 50 lbs by Christmas, especially after surgery, but I'll keep on going will do it.

Vanessa: DEAL!!! : )

Everyone have a great night and day tomorrow!!!

xoxo
C

ItsMyTurn
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Vanessa - that sure sounds like a great way to view it all! Helps keep us going forward :)

Claudia - I hope the surgery goes well and hope the recovery is smooth. Already mixing it up, then it sounds like your body is just holding out to give ya numbers you will appreciate, lol. I think we have all stalled like that before... frustrating, but the numbers will fall :)

KimL1214
08-16-2011, 11:02 PM
So I know I'm a little late in the game, and 50 might be a bit much in the time I have left, but I want to try! I have just over 18 weeks, which means 2.5-3 lbs./week. Considering the amount of weight I need to lose, it is possible! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

ItsMyTurn
08-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Welcome aboard the challenge Kim!!!! Great to have you and can't wait to see your successes posted! :)

melodymist
08-17-2011, 01:56 AM
mystical - You can do it! Have you tried calorie cycling?

VanessaV : Well done on your 7.5! That is fantastic, just keep going eventually everything will come off. :bravo:

LGW : Well done on your loss to far ;)

Matilda08: Keep going!!!:cp:

calmeida5018 : Hahaha I was also like, "Whattttt???? 4 Times a day??" haha. Girl, try to stay positive. The hard work will pay off. Strongs for your surgery! :cheer2:

aseret123: I'm so jealous! :D 3.8?? Good job! Birthday on thursday? Hope we get cake hehehe :bday2you:

ItsmyTurn: Hello my friend! How you doing? I think you may be my twin on the otherside of earth! Hahahaha :high:

WELCOME : :welcome2:KaylaL4107, omgzitsmiranda, lukesmom, suri0506, KimL1214

===============================

As for me....

I was just to lazy to type this post.:o Hahaha forgive me! Work and studies are killing me right now. :tired:My weekend was awesome. But I got played by my date. Ugh. Long story. Men *rolls eyes*

My weigh in was on monday, and I didn't lose or gain. Normally I would be upset about this but I'm not. Why you may ask? Because it's TOM!!!!! :carrot:And usually when TOM is here I gain like 6 pounds or so overnight. Whoo, so I'm a bit excited for next weeks weigh in. I'm OP and excercising 5 times a week so everything is good. Also, I know this workout program may be old but have any of you tried the "Pump it up Ultimate Dance Workout/Ministry of Sound"? Ooooooooh my soul!!! Youtube it! It's crazy! :exercise:Think I want to try it.

Have a blessed day everyone :)

Melody xox

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 07:46 AM
melody - I will definitely have to check out the video. We are doing ok... after my TOM stopped, we had a BBQ (smart eating, not so smart drinking) and I ended up feeling under the weather the next couple days... too old for that stuff anymore, lol. Soooo glad to hear no gain for TOM... I usually always gain during that time, and didn't this month (another clue to the twin thing? LOL!!!!)

As for me: I had gotten on the scale at the doctor's office day before yesterday to see 205 - however it's my official weigh in today and it's at 206.4. I will take it.. still 2.2Lbs gone. Maybe the doctor's scale was just to give me a glimpse of next week's WI? LOL!

melodymist
08-18-2011, 03:13 AM
ItsMyTurn - This twin thing :hug: hahaha, I also think I'm getting to old for that! SERIOUSLY!!! Hahaha..

Well done on the 2.2! :carrot: You're doing awesome! Haha yes it was a glimpse for next week! I'm sure it will surprise you in a good way ;)

Did research on the "Pump It Up" workout, the idea came from a music video "Call On Me", can't remember who sang it but the moves in the workout is very sexy oops hehe :o;) I'm doing it later today, in the mood to sweat it out! Didn't excercise yesterday but did a few situps and random excercise moves at work haha. Also went to a kiddies birthday party and I'm so proud of myself! I ate only one piece of chocolate cake and a few chips. Other than that I'm OP!

Rubiehart
08-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Im on it...i have this killer dress that i need/want to fit into before christmas and that would require to kill another 50lbs. :)

ItsMyTurn
08-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Rubie - Welcome on to the challenge!!!! Jump right in and work on killing those pounds :)

melody - Congrats on behaving at the kid's birthday party, that is awesome! Also, great job for fitting in random exercises... even that is tough to do if you just don't have time/don't want to... though it doesn't surprise me that you didn't take a day off :) I hope that video workout works for ya... always fun to mix things up sometimes!! :)

melodymist
08-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Rubiehart - Welcome to the team!

ItsMyTurn - The workout video is crazy fun! Had to stop and catch my breath a few times hehe :)

I'm so glad it's weekend. This week has been CRAZY! Looking forward to my weigh in on Monday.

Have a good weekend girls! ;)

ItsMyTurn
08-19-2011, 07:23 AM
melody - I so have to ask (cause I was cracking up reading it and imagining this in my head)... anything like me when you have to stop and catch your breath - by thinking "OMG, this is awesome! Adrenaline rush if it's 'too much'"... and you end up stopping to catch your breath, but swear there is a smile on your face the whole time? See, the reason I ask is cause my DH calls me nuts... my opinion is that he doesn't understand only cause he doesn't think like that... it's cool and fun to push during something fun!

melodymist
08-20-2011, 03:59 AM
ItsMyTurn - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D Ofcourse I was smilling like a crazy person! Hahaha tell DH we looove a challenge and it's fun to push ourselves to the next level. What are you planning to do this weekend?

Not a good start to my weekend. I had a sinus headache the whole day yesterday and was also really tired. (Maybe I pushed myself too hard yesterday?) Got my meds from the pharmacy and it's just a bit of sinus. Hehe. And as much as I want to excercise, my mom won't allow me haha. "You're sick! You're only gonna make it worse of you excercise again today." Gotta love her, I understand her point. So I usually excercise 5x a week and so far only managed to do it 3x. But it's okey, I want my body to recover.

So yes, I'm going to sleep my whole weekend through. ;)

aseret123
08-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Welcome Kim and Rubie! Keep us posted on your progress :)

Thank you for the 'Happy Birthday' melodymist, it was a good one :D I sent you all a slice of mental cake haha! Enjoy your weekend rest and I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for your encouragement ItsMyTurn, you (and everyone else of course) always manage to make me feel like I can do anything :) and congrats on the loss!

For those of you wanting to try the Pump it Up DVD, do it!!! I've never tried Ultimate Workout but I have the Body Burn. Definitely worth doing, you get to choose whether you want to dance to tone, to burn maximum calories, etc. I am incredibly excited at the moment because my wonderful mum bought me Zumba for Xbox Kinect :D Zumba. Right there, in my living room! It's fabulous!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

calmeida5018
08-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

So how many calories do you guys eat? I have been going from 180 to 182 lbs for weeks, and as before, have been working out doing cardio and weights. The books I have read say that 1200 calories are just too little if you're trying to build muscle, which I am to raise my metabolism, so I average 1450 -1500 a day. Some days I eat 1050 just because that's how it happens, and some days 1700 so the average is 1450 or so.

Do you think I should forgo this and go back to 1200? I am probably going to try to stick back to 1200 after surgery since I will be stapled to the couch for a while and bc I think the above calories might be too much. But it is VERY frustrating to say the least that I have been logging every morsel of food and working out and the scale has not budged. I was so frustrated today I almost said "forget it" and had a big breakfast. But I didn't

The books break 3 meals a day around 450 and 2 snacks no more than 150 , 20 min of cardio 5 x a week and weights 3x a week. I end up doing cardio with weights and may take 2 days off.

What's your opinion?

Congratulations all for persistence, loss and sticking with obstacles!! This forum is a great help and will be a lifeline when I'm stuck at home!!!

Thank you!

Claudia

ItsMyTurn
08-20-2011, 10:56 PM
melody - sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100%, and you are probably being told right to not have the 5x/wk workout this week ;) As for me... 2 of our kids stayed at other people's houses last night, and our son had someone sleep here. That made it hard to do the gym last night, so made up for it with biking and elliptical today :) I got my sweaty self going! LOL! I have told my DH many times that I simply thrive off a challenge and off adrenaline. He laughed at me again today. He went biking with me, got back and has been sleeping on and off and couldn't understand why I was so antsy... so I swept and cleaned our 3 car garage, got on elliptical, cleaned the house, lol. Tomorrow I will go get my worship on, then hit the elliptical again... try to talk one of the family into biking with me too :) Weekends I get the most activity in cause I am not juggling my long work hours in too.

aseret - there is a simple reason why we make you feel you can accomplish anything... cause it's TRUE!!!! :D

Claudia - I, personally, try to eat 1200 cal/day. A lot of my problem was calorie deficit and I am working with nutritionalist to get that fixed. I usually do pretty good and hit it on most days now, but she told me that there is never a reason anyone should ever go below 1200/day. Not sure if that helps or not :)

Nazza000
08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Okay that it time to get on the commitment bandwagon. I am so in.
40 pounds before santa! I can so do this!
With C25K and Taekwondo it should be a walk in the park... so to speak, I'll actually be running :)

melodymist
08-22-2011, 01:51 AM
aseret123 - Aaaaah you're too good to me, loved the cake ;) haha. Zumba & Pump it Up here we come!!!!

calmeida5018 - I wish I could help but I'm not really good at the calories stuff. Sorry friend :(

ItsMyTurn - I also feel I have more time on the weekends to be active. How many kids do you have? I can't wait to have a family one day! Wow, you got alot done this weekend! Well done ;)

Nazza000 - Welcome to the team!

==============

Me? I was sick the whole weekend. Feeling better today but I'm only going to excercise tomorrow or so. Want to be fully recovered otherwise I'll just be sick again later this week putting me behind schedule. Which I TOTALLY don't want.

I'm down 4 pounds this week :D Very happy about this considering that I didn't lose anything last week!

Have a good week my friends!

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Nazza000 - Welcome to the challenge!!!

melody - I am glad you are feeling better.. but still remember to listen to your mom on your workouts ;) Your 4 Lbs was to make up for not losing anything last week :) I have 3 kids... my son is 17 and special needs... then I have a daughter 15 who is special needs, and a 12 yr old daughter whose only disability is that she acts like me, LOL! They are awesome, but unlike a lot of moms of teenagers... I don't get that "independent time" much due to all the things that are needed. I wouldn't trade it for anything though :D Just means DH and I have to juggle so that I have time for workouts (unless I can con one of the kiddos into going with me for a bike ride :) )

VanessaV
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
One of those moments--- I knowwwww that I am not HUNGRY! I ate (light) dinner at 5:00, an apple a bit later (dessert) and some edemame beans for a snack. Here it is 8 pm and for some reason, I want "something!" Grrrrrrr!

What do YOU do when the cravings hit? :(

LGW
08-23-2011, 12:06 AM
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4
7/22 - 220.6
7/29 - 220.0
8/5 - no WI
8/12 - 218.6
8/19 - 214.6 total loss -11.4 Balance: 38.6
8/26 - next WI

Vanessa: SPOILER ALERT: I have 1/2 cup delicious sugar free southern pecan ice cream and 2 (quarter size) sugar free cookies that seem not have an effect on my wt loss :)

melodymist
08-23-2011, 01:59 AM
ItsMyTurn - Wow, mommy to three :) how cool is that? I bet you're a great mother!!! You and DH also seem very close, super sweet and special ;)

VanessaV - Cravings? I try to distract myself haha. Sip on water until I'm full or I get something to do. Otherwise, if you really feel you must nibble on something, why not try sugar free gum/veggies/fruit.

LGW - WOW!!! Great job on your loss! That pecan ice cream sounds devine! :p

As for me. I'm a bit down. Only because my cold is getting worse and I now also have a sore throat. Although I'm not excercising now (due to being sick) I think I may have pushed myself too hard last week and thats why I'm sick. Also my vitamins are finished but I will be getting new ones later this week. My mom also mentioned that maybe I should get a supplement or something for people who work out/active lifestyle. Just to give my immune system an extra boost. I don't know, we'll see once I hit the shops.

Also as a reward for my loss, I'm getting a new watch today! Super sexy and sassy ;) I reward myself, each 10 lb or so!

Do you guys drink any extra vitamins/supplements?

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Vanessa - I hate that time in the evening when you just feel like snacking... that used to be when I would consume something of no nutritional substance at all. I find something to do with my hands and distract me. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but the rest of the time seems to work out around the time I am due for my fitness now :) It was totally unintentional to have my schedule work like that, but it TOTALLy works out well :P

LGW - Congrats on the loss!!! You are doing so awesome!!! Another four down since your last weigh in :carrot: *feels like busting out in that song "Goodbye" and sing it to the weight loss, lol* na nana na, na nana na, na nana na goodbye! LOL! :D

melody - I LOVE being a mommy! I sometimes wish I had more time to devote to it, but I am the sole source of income for my family, so need to keep working the longer hours...they are sooo worth it :) DH and I are tight, we have all figured out that we have to work as a team to make it. We have fought many battles as a family, and have come out of all of them successfully :D DH and I are faith-filled... so we let Him be our "coach", and we along with the kiddos are a part of His "team" so to speak :)
I am so sorry to hear of your cold getting worse. For immunities, try Echinacea with Vit C. It's one vitamin with both ... the echinacea is for immune system, and the vit c portion helps your body to absorb it. I also take supplements... For my needs I have Magnesium I take, B complex, and Acidophulus probiotic in the mornings.

VanessaV
08-23-2011, 08:01 AM
LGW--SOunds like a good choice, yummy, too! Currently, I don't even allow that stuff in the house... Obviously working for you, tho'! CONGRATS on the great losses! You are doing SO well!!

Melodymist--Look at you--10 # off and a new watch comin' on! Way to go!

I do take supplements--one a day type, calcium/magnesium/vit D. And, I do take a fiber supplement,too. Even tho' I eat lots of fruits and veggies, my fitday always shows I only get 50 % of my daily requirement. Fortunately, I haven't been sick in over five years--not even a cold!

Claudia--- I struggle with the calorie thing, too. Since I am losing (bit by bit) I think that, unless I get into some kind of exercising frenzy, I wouldn't lose or might even gain at any more cals than that! My metabolism just isn't revved up enough to add more right now.

Hope everyone has a good week! Y'all are so inspiring!

aseret123
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome aboard Nazza!

Claudia - I try to stick around 1200, but I don't watch the calories too closely. I used to be so strict with calories, it kind of took over my life. I wouldn't go out to eat, or eat anything that wasn't prepared exclusively by me. It wasn't a fun way to live! I've learnt now how many calories are in the foods I eat most, so I just roughly add it up, it means a little more freedom!

ItsMyTurn, you're always so POSITIVE! I think it's lovely that you have a family that you can convince to go on bike rides with you :D

melodymist, I'm sorry to hear you still aren't feeling very well :( I only take a daily multivitamin, I actually have no idea if there are any others I should be taking. Another 10lbs lost is excellent! Get your rest, and you'll be up and zumba-ing before you know it!!

VanessaV - when I get cravings, I make a little deal with myself, like "I'll go for a 20 minute walk, then if I still want to eat when I get back I'll have something small". Most of the time I think about the calories I burned on the walk, and decide that I'd rather not put those back in to my body! If I don't have time for a walk, I eat a low calorie seeded flatbread cracker, or just go upstairs until I can trust myself to be near the kitchen again.

LGW, way to go! That loss is incredible! You'll be there before you know it :) I may have to try your sweet-treat idea, it sounds sooo delicious.

As for me, it's weigh-day again, and I've stayed the same. I'm actually thrilled with that, since I had my off-day on my birthday. Then a further two off-days, because it was SO much harder to get back on track than I thought it was going to be :( I thought after 8 weeks mostly on plan, I could trust myself to go completely off for a day, but I wasn't quite ready. Maybe I won't ever be ready, I'll just be the occasional-treat kind of person, rather than a full-day-off person. If it means I keep losing, that's fine by me!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Vanessa - You are quite the inspirer too! You always jump in on questions, not afraid to be yourself and always make me smile :)

aseret - You are wayyyy too kind :D Look at you not gaining!!! Love it! That looks like a successful time off to me! :) You may have had a hard time initially getting back on, but you are here now! :) YAY!!!! I'm so proud of you for not getting a gain during that time off too! :) That's so excellent! I am nervous for my WI tomorrow... think it's just day-before jitters though

Last night I hit the gym for my strength training :) Fortunately because the transition from one exercise to another is so seamless and quick, it's something that also keeps my heartrate up :D I guess you would say it's like a circuit training along with strength. I always feel so much better afterwards and when I came back downstairs after, my DH was asking how his little barbarian was doing, LOL!!! I totally cracked up! He is such a ticket sometimes! :lol:

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Weigh in was today. I am glad to say... 2 Lbs down this week!!! Yay! *happy dances out of the thread*

VanessaV
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Weigh in was today. I am glad to say... 2 Lbs down this week!!! Yay! *happy dances out of the thread*

Hey, hey, hey! WAY TO GO!

And, keep dancing-- prob how u lost those 2 #! :D

Congrats!!!!!

Confession time--- "Somehow", when I logged my calorie intake last night--- I was almost 300 calories over! First time this has happened. Geeee-- do you think it could have been the 'lotus lavender' cocktail I had with my SALAD at dinner?! SO mad at myself this morning!!:mad:

Salad and WATER today!!

Have great day everyone! THX for being here!

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Vanessa - don't be mad at yourself... simply brush yourself off and consider it a learning experience :) Thank you for the props, by the way, it was truly a good start to my day to see all the workouts I do are paying off. I struggle the opposite way of you... I struggle to get up to calories and fell short again yesterday. Tired of hearing everyone say "you're sending your body into starvation mode, this will slow your metabolism"... what the heck am I to do when I eat more than I ever have and can't get myself up to calories? So friggin frustrating! So to get mind off it, I simply remember the scale is still moving in the right direction and hopefully all the exercise will help keep metabolism where it should be.

VanessaV
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Vanessa - don't be mad at yourself... simply brush yourself off and consider it a learning experience :) Thank you for the props, by the way, it was truly a good start to my day to see all the workouts I do are paying off. I struggle the opposite way of you... I struggle to get up to calories and fell short again yesterday. Tired of hearing everyone say "you're sending your body into starvation mode, this will slow your metabolism"... what the heck am I to do when I eat more than I ever have and can't get myself up to calories? So friggin frustrating! So to get mind off it, I simply remember the scale is still moving in the right direction and hopefully all the exercise will help keep metabolism where it should be.

LOL--funny how our mind gets ahead of our brain sometimes-- At first glance--thought your post said, "...simply brush your teeth and.." Haha--maybe that would work, too!

So, like WHAT do you eat??? (if you don't mind saying..) I don't feel deprived at 1200 but I do have to pay attention what goes in THE MOUTH to keep within range!

Whatever you are doing--it is working! 32 # !! that is SO great!

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Vanessa - I don't mind at all :) Typical food day for me:
Breakfast - 1 hard boiled egg, black coffee and my vitamins to start my day
~get to work~ have a can mandarin oranges and another cup of black coffee
~lunch~ (which nutritionist made me add in) turkey on wheat and I add in some lettuce
~snack~ 2 cups of honey nut cheerios (the generic brand)/or... will have 2 cups of grapes...whichever we have at the house to pack
~supper~ a smart ones meal... or... if DH cooks, then will be a couple ounces of chicken and 2 cups of fresh veggies.... or... if he doesn't cook and we have the stuff then I throw together a salad instead (lettuce, tomato, and a cucumber w/2 tbsp of lt italian dressing)
~snack~ sugar free popsicle or a sugar free fudgicle

depending on what supper is, I can usually get it up to the 1200 mark... but when DH doesn't cook... my calories fall 100-200 shy and it's frustrating

VanessaV
08-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Vanessa - I don't mind at all :) Typical food day for me:
Breakfast - 1 hard boiled egg, black coffee and my vitamins to start my day
~get to work~ have a can mandarin oranges and another cup of black coffee
~lunch~ (which nutritionist made me add in) turkey on wheat and I add in some lettuce
~snack~ 2 cups of honey nut cheerios (the generic brand)/or... will have 2 cups of grapes...whichever we have at the house to pack
~supper~ a smart ones meal... or... if DH cooks, then will be a couple ounces of chicken and 2 cups of fresh veggies.... or... if he doesn't cook and we have the stuff then I throw together a salad instead (lettuce, tomato, and a cucumber w/2 tbsp of lt italian dressing)
~snack~ sugar free popsicle or a sugar free fudgicle

depending on what supper is, I can usually get it up to the 1200 mark... but when DH doesn't cook... my calories fall 100-200 shy and it's frustrating

Thx for sharing...LOL-- I could so help you out with the calories! I try to get in 'good' fats since, if I go too lowfat, my skin, hair and nails really suffer. Therefore, I eat almonds, avocados, olive oil, and the like--VOILA! CALORIE PLUS--No Problemmo!

I need to get some eggs.... but, no way am I eating those slimy little canned oranges, tho!! Just teasin' --everyone to her own likes....my daughter's cat luvs 'em! Eeewwww!

So--today, I've eaten only 900 calories---does that erase the extra 300 I went over yesterday???? Just askin'....

(SF fudgesicles sound good!!)

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Vanessa - You totally cracked me up!!!! I can't do nuts or dairy because of medical issues... otherwise I would do up some peanuts :) I miss those so much! I also would throw in a yogurt or two, lol... but not an option. I do the can of oranges cause I can usually catch them on sale and they are easy to bring to work for eating :) I think the cat comment was freakin hilarious though!!!! I don't like avocados... can't touch guacamole cause of it...the green color and texture feel in my mouth makes me wanna... ummm... lose the calories I did eat during the day, lol :lol:

Are you done eating for the day? I would think the calorie thing is an average?? That's my hope, cause I am still pushing to try and break even on calories for my week :D So that's the theory I am going to use :) Oh, and for the record, the SF fudgicles are to die for and keeps my cravings for sweet stuff in check :) That was another downfall of mine "before the changes"... I do cooking on the side for extra money, and a lot of my requests are for sweets because I do the best at them...therefore I also love them, hehehe... kind of a hindrance in the "nutrition" aspect. I allow treats like popsicles and fudgicles now. Fudgicles only have 75 calories to them, or if I have to get the other brand, they are 90 calories. So still leaves plenty of room for nutritious stuff :P

melodymist
08-25-2011, 02:37 AM
ItsMyTurn - PM'ed you ;) I got the Echinacea with Vit C sachets you mix with water. Double dosis and my Vitamins. Still not better. So I'm going to phone the doctors today and get something. I can't stand feeling sluggish. I want my excercise!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tantrum* I'm so jealous of you for excercing! Hehe do extra for my part haha ;) "little barbarian" how cute! 2lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you! *jumps up and down* All that hard work is paying off!

VanessaV & aseret123 - lol. I only lost 4lb this week but for every 10lb I lose I reward myself. In total I have lost 22lb so far. I only wish to lose 10lb in a week haha!

aseret123 - You had your "stuff-my-face-with-cake-day" hahaha. So glad you didn't gain! Well done! I agree with the occasional-treat. I also do the same, otherwise I go totally overboard!

VanessaV - Ah. That's not so bad! It's one day! Don't stress it ;)

RANDOM : I LIKE EGGS! Only the white part ;) and I'm a coffee addict! Bahahaha!!

Anyways, other than I'm sick, today is a good day. I've been OP the whole week. I actually think I may not be eating enough but I'll sort that out. Mmm..don't know if I'll see a move in the scale on my weigh in due to the fact that I'm not excercising this week. Hopefully I'm healthy again next week to start excercising, will start slowly and build up again. Oh yes, I also tried to make apple chips last night. Oops, they burned! Hahahaha..just my luck! Will try it again someday.

Enjoy your day ladies!

VanessaV
08-25-2011, 08:06 AM
ItsMyTurn - PM'ed you ;) I got the Echinacea with Vit C sachets you mix with water. Double dosis and my Vitamins. Still not better. So I'm going to phone the doctors today and get something. I can't stand feeling sluggish. I want my excercise!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tantrum* I'm so jealous of you for excercing! Hehe do extra for my part haha ;) "little barbarian" how cute! 2lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you! *jumps up and down* All that hard work is paying off!

VanessaV & aseret123 - lol. I only lost 4lb this week but for every 10lb I lose I reward myself. In total I have lost 22lb so far. I only wish to lose 10lb in a week haha!

aseret123 - You had your "stuff-my-face-with-cake-day" hahaha. So glad you didn't gain! Well done! I agree with the occasional-treat. I also do the same, otherwise I go totally overboard!

VanessaV - Ah. That's not so bad! It's one day! Don't stress it ;)

RANDOM : I LIKE EGGS! Only the white part ;) and I'm a coffee addict! Bahahaha!!

Anyways, other than I'm sick, today is a good day. I've been OP the whole week. I actually think I may not be eating enough but I'll sort that out. Mmm..don't know if I'll see a move in the scale on my weigh in due to the fact that I'm not excercising this week. Hopefully I'm healthy again next week to start excercising, will start slowly and build up again. Oh yes, I also tried to make apple chips last night. Oops, they burned! Hahahaha..just my luck! Will try it again someday.

Enjoy your day ladies!

You ONLY lost FOUR pounds this week?! That is so GREAT!! I just can't imagine losing that much in one week! You must be doing some serious exercise! WOW!! Congrats to you!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM
melody - ONLY 4 lbs??? Look at you, you little weight loss machine!!!! *happy jigs for ya* I am so sorry the immunity boost wasn't enough... hope you are able to get something to make you feel better real soon... no exercise withdrawals for you! LOL!

*quietly whispers so melody doesn't get tweaking on the withdrawals* got on my gym last night... worked the upper body and core pretty hard. :)

Having a flare of medical issue right now, so may make tonight my night off of fitness to try and calm the body a bit. It was elliptical night, but the elliptical isn't going anywhere and I can miss a day of cardio without feeling sore the next time... so it may be the best idea.

Vanessa - Don't you like how she worded that?!? 4 lbs is HUGE!

melodymist
08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Hahaha..oh my word. You two!!!!! :hug: ItsMyTurn & VanessaV! Lol I only said that I "only" lost 4 pounds this week (Monday 22 Aug) because I got the idea that some people on this thread though I lost 10 pounds in 1 week. Hahaha..me and my silly typing skills!

ItsMyTurn - Oh hoiw jealous am I that you worked out!!! I also agree that if you have medical issues that you should give your body a rest. I know it's hard since you're an addict :D haha I'm also one!

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 04:54 PM
melody - I got your PM and will respond later, promise :) Loved hearing all the good news though!!!! As for being an "addict"... nawww... I prefer "enthusiastic" LOL!!!! I don't have anything else that combats the stress like a workout...and by the way... I whispered that, you shouldn't have been easedropping, LOL!!!! It's been a crappy day at work, and I am starting to "feel" a bit better (even though I am not blind to know that doesn't mean the flare has stopped, lol).... but with those two components, I need to let it out on something... but... DH emailed me at work and said that he thought I should take night off too, and he is going to make a stir-fry for supper (we use water and not oil to do it in... less fat *something DD can't have is the oils*, and healthier). If he is going to make supper and try to help me get through this easier though... I am thinking the least I can do is take the break :)

melodymist
08-26-2011, 02:12 AM
ItsMyTurn - No problem ;)

Okay let me say enthusiastic!! Those are true words! Not only does excercise help shed fat but it also helps us cope with stress. Oh yummy stir fry! I was going to make that the other night but were too lazy to go and buy the veggies haha.

Good for you! Hope you enjoyed your rest time. Take care ;)

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 02:52 PM
melody - DH had the stuff on hand to do it... he had to improvise a bit with frozen, but he made it work :)

How is everyone doing?

melodymist
08-27-2011, 02:32 AM
ItsMyTurn - We also use some frozen veggies sometimes. Easy and convenient.

I'm doing good. Got my meds from the doctor and I'm feeling better already. Only downside is that my meds will only be finished on wednesday, next week. Ugh. But I will see how it goes. Slowly start going back into excercise. Maybe then just light yoga or something.

How are you doing? And all the other girls?

aseret123
08-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Hey fellow chicks, seems like everyone's getting ill this week! NOT good! I hope you are back to full working order soon! Not feeling so great myself, though mine's completely self-inflicted and I deserve no sympathy lol! I came here to 'fess up to some unplanned cocktail drinking, feeling pretty ashamed. I really did intend to stick with diet coke! I think I need some inspiration. What do you guys do for inspiration? Is there a (healthy-looking of course) celebrity or something that inspires you?

Melody and ItsMyTurn, well done!!! Your hard work is definitely paying off!

Vanessa, going over by 300 isn't that bad, at least it was an accident! Think of how you used to eat then compare it to what you're eating now.. at least you didn't binge! It's all progress :)

Is there anyone here who doesn't like veggies? I sound like such a child, but I really can't stand most of them! I can eat raw carrot (NEVER cooked), cucumber, and small amounts of lettuce and broccoli but apart from that I don't eat any. I absolutely adore all fruits but when it comes to veg, I just hate it! Anybody have any particularly nice or mild tasting veggies for me to try?

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

ItsMyTurn
08-27-2011, 12:24 PM
melody - I am so glad you have your meds and working to be on the mend now! I totally think working into things slowly again would be the best answer. If you overdue yourself then you will end up going backwards, not forwards. :hug:

aseret - For inspiration... well, of course the pants I told you all that I have hanging on my bedroom wall, lol..... and.... have to be honest that celebrities are not that inspirational to me and I think it's cause I almost view them as not being real people. I do look at a picture of myself and then try to picture that a better picture... I look in the goals reached album here and see the transformations... my inspiration has also seem to come from my kids... I don't want them to be embarrassed when other friends meet their mom, so... then I kick up the workout (have to reshape what I lose too, lol).
As for veggies, have you tried those V8 fusions? They taste like fruit, but have like 2 servings of veggies in every one :) Then you don't have to try to stomach something you don't like, but you still get your nutrients from veggies

aseret123
08-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Ooh thanks, I've never heard of them but I'll have a look at the supermarket :) I think next time there's a sale on I'm going to try and buy a dress or something in the size that I would like to be, hopefully it will work as my inspiration! I know that I won't ever look like a celebrity (stretch marks and loose skin, ugh) but a girl can dream ;) check you out, you really are super-mum!

melodymist
08-28-2011, 02:36 AM
aseret123 - Why are coctails so delicious! I really can't blame you! They're very good just loaded with sugar :(. Sad fact of life!

What??? You don't eat veggies? We have to fix this hehe, veggies are very good for health and they help fill you up too. Making you eat less also. I love big mushrooms! I cook the mushrooms and spinach (Both seperate). When it's cooked, I place strands of spinach all over the mushroom. Don't forget to spice it up with your favorite seasoning. Voila!

Inspiration? I have a few clothes that I want to be able to wear again. In my closet I also made a huge poster of motivational sayings and images. I almost read it everyday.

ItsMyTurn supermom you say? I totally agree ;)

ItsMyTurn
08-28-2011, 11:31 AM
LOL! You both are something else, cracking me up!!! The V8 Fusions are sold in the juice aisle :) Super mom... I wish! LOL!

I was pretty proud of myself yesterday- went biking with the husband, then after a rest, did the elliptical for 45 mins (resistance 3, incline 15), and then around 9pm I felt an extra burst of energy, so hit the gym for a full body workout!!!! I slept real good too, never woke once through the night :O !!!!

LGW
08-28-2011, 05:57 PM
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4
7/22 - 220.6
7/29 - 220.0
8/5 - no WI
8/12 - 218.6
8/19 - 214.6
8/26 - 213.0 total loss -12.4 Balance: 37.6
9/2 - next WI

Thanks for all of the support everyone! :wave:

ItsMyTurn
08-28-2011, 07:47 PM
LGW - Another 1.6 gone for you!!! Amazingly awesome!!!! I am so so so happy for you!!!!

aseret123
08-28-2011, 08:03 PM
ItsMyTurn, we speak the truth!!! Your children are lucky to have you :) and well done on that insane amount of exercise! You should be proud :)

Way to go LGW, 1.6 is fantastic!

Has anyone tried the Beachbody Insanity 60 day plan? It looks INSANE! I'm thinking of trying it but I'm not sure I can handle!

ItsMyTurn
08-28-2011, 08:55 PM
aseret - I am not sure my kids would always agree with you, LOL!!! I think I am lucky to have them though! I have not tried that Beachbody Insanity, but the "Insanity" part says it's probably a breaker workout :) I say... go for it!!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh!!!!! I keep forgetting update on me after personals, LOL! Today the hubster graciously agreed to go biking with me again. It was so stinking hot and I know he didn't really want to, but he did it cause he knew it would make me happy :) We took a longer route, but felt so good!!!! Then this afternoon went on elliptical for 20 mins (couldn't push for any longer than that) and felt accomplished. That will be it for today :) I am going to hit the pool, but more to cool down then to exercise :) I also made a macaroni salad, but versioned it to work with my nutrition needs... used whole grain rotini, red peppers, cukes, pickles, tomatoes, carrots, and tuna fish :) Super yum! Kids get excited when I make it cause they love it too!

melodymist
08-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Just popping in for a quick hello to say I'm alive and well. Will have a full post tomorrow. But for now, I'm off to bed. Sleep tight friends :)

ItsMyTurn
08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Good night melody!!! Get some good rest! (the better you sleep, the less your body produces cortisol to handle stressors the next day) :)

aseret123
08-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Sweet dreams Melody!

ItsMyTurn, I think I'm gonna wait until I'm a bit fitter for the program, it looks TOO insane for me at the moment! You honestly are a constant inspiration, you're like an exercise MACHINE! Way to go!

This is completely off the topic of healthy living, but I need to gush to someone.. I just saw 'Wicked' on West End, and it was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! I saw it before (different cast, about 5 years ago) but it was sooo much better this time! I was seriously blown away, ooohhh what I would do for a voice like either of the two leading ladies!! Not sure if any of you are into musical theatre, but I had to tell someone lol! I had a milkshake while I was out. Hopefully you'll miss this part while skim reading through my praise for the cast of Wicked :lol: We got to meet them afterwards too, such refreshingly normal people :)

See you tomorrow ladies, it's weigh-day!

ItsMyTurn
08-29-2011, 11:39 PM
aseret - You are way too sweet! I didn't end up hitting my gym tonight though due to personal family issues... hopefully that won't squash my exercise maniac reputation I am apparently gaining :lol: ;) Oh, and I totally caught that! I am a thorough reader when it comes to folks I care about, so how about that milkshake? LOL! I am glad you had just a great time though!!!!

melodymist
08-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Hello my dear friends! Oh how I have missed all of you ;)

My weigh in was yesterday, still the same. Bleh. Ah I think its okay considering that I didn't excercise. I actually think it also due to the fact that I didn't even drink half of the water I'm supposed to over the weekend. I'm healthy again. Slept the past few days hahaha. Will start with some light yoga or something this afternoon. Can't wait!

aseret123 - Oooooh I saw some of insanity! That program is a killer! I think I might also try it! Shake shake! Shake your milkshake. Bahaha. Don't know what I was trying to say there, LOL anyways. I'm sure the insanity workout got rid of the milkshake already :)

LGW - *HAPPY DANCE* Well done! You're rocking the weight off ;)

ItsMyTurn - *drools* Huuuuuuuuuhmmmmm..your macaroni salad sounds amazing! I think I should try it! Actually I love anything with pasta!!! Yum yum!! Wow, you're so dedicated and motivated to workout! I bet you can overlap your hubby 10 times on your bike already! Hahaha ;) I actually didn't sleep enough last night. Was up doing projects :/ boring. I can feel I'm a bit stressed but that is also because I have a ton, no make that 10 tons of work. Oh the joy. Sarcasm. Strongs on the family issues, you know where to find me!

ItsMyTurn
08-30-2011, 07:44 AM
melody - you crack me up... we missed you too! So good to have ya be able to post instead of a check-in-and-run, LOL! Although we will take what we can get :) Sorry the scale isn't moving for you, but it sounds like you have already figured out why... awesome!

Even though I didn't hit the gym, I took my 2 melatonin and slept well :) Today is a new day and Monday is over with. The issues still exist, but feel anew to handle them... or that is what I am going to convince myself of, so go with it :lol:

melodymist
08-30-2011, 10:03 AM
ItsMyTurn - One of my friends says: "We should handle problems like dogs. Dig a hole and burry it or wet it and run away hehe ;)

ItsMyTurn
08-30-2011, 03:11 PM
melody - I definitely vote for the wetting on it alternative! Count me in! LOL!

Matilda08
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Good morning guys! this is my first day back at work we had no power all week:( i havent been doing so well but starting in sept I really need to buckle down and stick to the plan.

What plans are you all following how to you plan to accomplish your december goal??

ItsMyTurn
08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Matilda - Sorry to hear you have fallen away a bit, but to dust off and get back to it is awesome!!! :carrot:

As for my plan, I will be just continue down the road I have chosen. I have to track calories to insure I get my 1200 (apparently I was "starving" my body for years *always thought that meant skinny, guess not* not getting enough calories in), make them nutritious calories... insure I no longer have a deficit on my proteins :) I also do strength training 3x/wk, Cardio the other days, with 1 rest day... which falls whenever I don't have the gumption to move much, :lol:

aseret123
08-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Hey Melody we missed you too! I'll try if you will! If I'm too exhausted after day one I may wait a while though, until there isn't so much excess weight to move around lol.

ItsMyTurn, there you go being all inspirational again! :D Even with a lot going on in your personal life you still find time to stay on track and get in your exercise. Oooh to have your determination!

Good to hear from you Matilda :) haven't seen you around here in a while! If only there were a quick and easy way to make yourself buckle down and do something! I'd be 130 already lol! I don't stick to a strict plan, just between 1200-1400 cals a day. I try to steer clear of refined carbs, stick to the brown stuff! I'm also a veggie-hater so I'm slowly introducing more of them into my daily diet so I can learn to like them. I do cardio most days (I mix zumba, fast walking, swimming and cycling. I'm going to build up to a jog very soon!) and take a rest day when my body needs one; some weeks I need one, some I don't. I enjoy yoga, usually twice a week, which I do using a DVD in the comfort of my own home :) I will eventually add in strength training but I really have no idea where to start. I'm sure I'll work it out though, as you may be able to tell, motivation to exercise isn't usually a problem! It's the food part I struggle with.

And now for me.. down 1lb this week! I was hoping for 2 but since I haven't exactly stayed on track, I'll take it and be grateful. Good news on the veggie front: I made an oriental style vegetable stir fry earlier and actually ate it! That's carrot, cabbage, mushroom, beansprouts, onion and garlic. I actually ate it!! I was so pleased with myself lol.

Hope everyone's having a good week!

melodymist
09-01-2011, 04:24 AM
W O Z Z A!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha all my friends! I though I'd motivate all of you a bit! This journey sure isn't easy but you know what? In the end it is totally worth it!! Think about it..

No more:

My butt looks big in this
My thighs are wobbly
My arms are huge
I cant wear this with my body
People will judge me
And the list can go on forever.

Do this for you! Not your husband/boyfriend or that cute guy at work. Do it for YOUSELF! :hug:

-------------------------------------------------------------

MY PLAN:

I try to eat only fruit, veggies, grains and white meat. I'm not a big fan of red meat but I do eat it every now and then. I also snack on yogurt and some dried fruit or protein bars. Oh yes and my secret weapon! Coffee and tons of water.

Excercise: 5x a week, cardio or strenght training. I mix it up because I get bored way to easily.

Have a blessed day!:carrot:

Matilda08
09-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! Thanks for sharing you guys. We can do this and thanks for all the kind words:)

ladygirl99
09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm in, I have 44 pounds to lose before I get under the 200s this is going to be perfect, I want out of the 200's in 2011. I Weigh in today lost 3 pounds 44 to go to get out of the 200's :carrot::carrot:

ETA: As of Today I Officially lost 50 pounds, I can't believe it Very happy time to work on the next set to goal :)

melodymist
09-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Yah!!!! Welcome ladygirl ;) so proud of your 50 pounds lost already!!! Here's to the next 50!!!!!!!!!!!

ItsMyTurn
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
aseret - You crack me up! :lol: I will try to tone down the inspiration?? Naw... more work to do that, LOL!!!! I am so selfish when it comes to workouts, they are what help me deal with the stress, :D Without it, I am... well... a wee bit intense? Or so says DH, LOL! Hooray for the loss!!!! So proud of you!!!

lady - welcome aboard and good luck on your goals! You are certainly on the right track already with all you have taken off

melody - I am the minority... I WISH my butt looked big in something, LOL!!! Girl, gotta tell you... we even seem to eat the same! LOL! I don't do red meat anymore, chicken, fish and turkey are my meats ;) Love me some fruits and veggies and do the protein bars to help boost calories... plus I have to have my grain during the day cause I munch on dry cheerios at my desk at work, LOL! I also get bored fast (I think it's an ADHD thing... or a type A personality thing, lol)... so usually alternate my workouts :P I do weigh significantly more than you ... but that is changing!!!

As for me... DH is threatening to hide my scale on me again...:lol: But the good news, when I got on this morning..down another pound. I won't change ticker or anything yet, not until my official weigh in day on Wednesday, but... was still a boost :)

LaurenMarie720
09-01-2011, 08:02 PM
HEY! Its been forever since I checked in but I wanna let you guys know that i am down 23lbs from when i first started so that leaves me with 27 more to go! Come on September!

melodymist
09-02-2011, 02:02 AM
ItsMyTurn - We do yes!!!!! Believe it or not, I have never eaten turkey hehe we don't get it here really. You down ANOTHER pound?? Well done ;) SO proud of you!! I'm sure you will hit Onederland in a few days!!!! Go you!

LaurenMarie720 - Well done!! We were wondering why you dissapeared ;)

As for me. I'm OP. Just didn't excercise yesterday, why you may ask? Well I think I took too many Vit c tablets. Uhm..lets just say I was in the bathroom the whole day almost and my tummy wass hurting like crazy. Can't wait for my weigh in monday, Wanna drop those pounds!! I have a wedding to attend in the middle of October and I want to be 152-155 by then. I think I can do it. I hope I can!! I'm going to try Insanity this afternoon, the fitness test first hehe ;)

Enjoy your weekend!! ITS FRIDAY!! :)

ItsMyTurn
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
LaurenMarie- Great job on total loss so far!

melody - I eat quite a bit of turkey... deli sliced turkey on my sandwich at work everyday even.. can't imagine not having that as an option :D Thank you for the props! :) Down another .8 today too, lol...scale read 202.8 this morning... didn't tell DH cause I didn't want him to hide my scale, :lol:

Did the elliptical last night for 40 mins and felt WONDERFUL!!!! Took a pain med before going on and was able to get a full workout and great sweat in! :dance: Wooohooo! Today I feel like a new revitalized person because of the release of stress I get from a great workout too! :) Hope everyone is having an awesome Friday!!!!!

LGW
09-04-2011, 01:35 AM
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4
7/22 - 220.6
7/29 - 220.0
8/5 - no WI
8/12 - 218.6
8/19 - 214.6
8/26 - 213.0 total loss -12.4 Balance: 37.6
9/2 - 213.4 total loss -12.0 balance 38.0 -- been maintaining for some reason - have to re-evaluate and make sure I'm truly OP
9/9 - next WI

Grace73
09-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry i have not been around..
having bad fiancial problems. im visting someone now thats why im posting..
my weight isnt doing that great either, im ready to get back to work out tomorrow. My husband finally was able to get a job.. but he will be gone a few weeks for training..
And we are far behind. on bills.. so hopefully by halloween we will be caught up a bit. and i will be around more often..

Keep up the great job girls!!!

dont give up

VanessaV
09-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Sorry i have not been around..
having bad fiancial problems. im visting someone now thats why im posting..
my weight isnt doing that great either, im ready to get back to work out tomorrow. My husband finally was able to get a job.. but he will be gone a few weeks for training..
And we are far behind. on bills.. so hopefully by halloween we will be caught up a bit. and i will be around more often..

Keep up the great job girls!!!

dont give up

FA-- Good to hear from you! Sorry it has been a difficult struggle for you lately. But, when I look at your tagline, "Picking myself back up," I know you have what it takes.

Hang in there. You will get to the other side of this. (lol---been there, done that--I used to say it made the refrigerator easier to keep clean when there were no groceries in it!)

In the meantime, stay strong and keep on program.

As you reminded us--'Don't Give Up!'

Happy Halloween! Just think how great you will feel then!
Take care, :hug:

melodymist
09-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Hey guys :) I had a killer busy weekend so that's why I haven't been on :) My weigh in was yesterday. I'm still the same bleh. Guess it's better than a gain right? I've been getting heaps of people noticing my weightloss. Motivates me to keep going :carrot:

ItsMyTurn - Don't ask me why I only now see your post. I was on the boards yesterday and I didn't see the new posts. How weird. Anyways, congrats on your loss!!! Hehe oh I will NEVER tell DH about your loss ;) it ca be our secret!! :hug:

LGW - I now how you feel. I also have been maintaining. Look at it like this, eventually the weight will have to fall off!

fridayangel - Sorry to hear things are not going that well on your side. I'm sure it will work out eventually. Strongs for the alone time without your love ;)

LaurenMarie720
09-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey ladies! hope everyone had a great Labor day....I worked but Ill take that extra money. I go to the doctor tomorrow so Ill have a weigh in there. I weighed at the gym today at 199....so Im hoping the doctor scale is the same....or less :) . Almost half way to my 50lb loss!!

melodymist
09-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey ladies! hope everyone had a great Labor day....I worked but Ill take that extra money. I go to the doctor tomorrow so Ill have a weigh in there. I weighed at the gym today at 199....so Im hoping the doctor scale is the same....or less :) . Almost half way to my 50lb loss!!

We'll keep our fingers crossed ;)

ItsMyTurn
09-07-2011, 07:47 AM
LGW - Have you changed things up? Figured out why maintaining?

FridayAngel - Totally understand and am so sorry to hear of your financial challenges. I sure do hope that things straighten around for you soon.

Melodymist - I am so glad everyone is noticing the loss! That is super!!! I totally agree that the same is better than a gain :)

LaurenMarie - I sure do hope the doctor office showed you in your onederland happiness!!!!

Matilda08
09-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Hello ladies! I am finally on plan got the right foods to set me up for success I havent really been doing too well but I plan to make progress from here on out. TIme to get the ball rolling:)

VanessaV
09-07-2011, 08:52 PM

LOL--ambivalence-- so HAPPY for you! and so envious, too!!!

Congrats!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

V

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Matilda - way to refocus and face forward!!!! You go girl!