Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Talking I power walked the Bristol 10km race for life, go me!!

Just a quick thread to say that I completed the Bristol 10k race for life in 1hr 32mins. I power walked the whole way, and spent my time at the front of the walkers group. I'm very impressed as i still have a way to go with my weight loss and fitness.

I then went to recuperate at a turkish restaurant called Ezo on Gloucester rd in Bristol (well worth a visit if you're ever in the area as its high protein and low carb food) I had a 3 course meal including dessert and 2 glasses of wine for 1100cals, if I include breakfast and dinner that takes me to about 1600cals, not including the 783 cals I burned off this morning. A very impressive day I think I'm a happy but tired girl x
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #2  
We make our happiness :)

S/C/G: 228.8/211/135

Height: 5'6

Congrats!!! I am totally impressed with you!! A 10km race in an hour and a half? That is so awesome!!! I would have likely taken a bit longer!!

It's good to see someone doing so well! Keep up the GREAT work!!
Muffintine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #3  
The Last 10lbs!

Well done!! I did the Cambridge Race for Life (5k) last Sunday. It's such an amazing atmosphere eh? And your meal afterwards sounds delicious yum!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #4  

Thank you! I thought it was going to be more like 2hrs. Oddly enough the wind and rain helped as I didn't overheat! :-) I just want to sleep now though lol x
Old 07-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #5  

freedomreins-the food was amazing, I had Borek which is feta cheese and spinach in filo pastry, Tavuk Sote which is chicken, onion, pepper and mushrooms in white wine and tomato sauce with a small portion of rice, and a small chocolate souffle with a scoop of pistachio icecream, I'm shocked at the calorie content, but that's what myfitnesspal.com has said. I was in heaven