Old 07-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Thumbs up Is it just me?

I trd the ketostix and wondered....the fewer carbs is the greater fat metabolism? Does it produce more keytones and that equates to more loss? Does anyone know if you are eating 10 carbs a day instead of 30 does it matter?

The IP can get so boring, and today I tried NEW recipes, and there are so many good ones to get creative!!

Anyone using Proti foods? Any favorites?

One day at a time has helped alot...Anyone have a new recipe that they just love?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

I don't know about ketostix. I have seen a lot of people on here say that they are kind of useless, since we drink so much water on this program that they might not register any Ketones at all (since they would be so diluted). So I have never tried them. I also just didn't want to get myself into the habit of being dependent on them to tell me if I am in ketosis, and freak out if they said I wasn't. I just know I am losing weight and not hungry all the time, so I assume I am in ketosis. And if I am not... it is working anyway.

I have tried a few proti-diet and healthsmart products from Nashua, just to mix things up a little. You have to be careful and make sure it doesn't have any of the sweeteners that we aren't allowed (Some of the delicious sounding flavored hot chocolate drinks have aspartame), and make sure to compare labels to figure out which items would be restricted. I love Healthsmart's bars (The caramel crunch tastes like a 100grand bar), and Proti-diet has some good soups. I like the chicken noodle and beef vegetable. I wouldn't replace all my food with them, though, as they don't have quite as much protein and the food we eat on IP is nutritionally designed with this diet in mind, whereas I don't know if these are. They are nice for a change a few meals a week though.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #3  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
I trd the ketostix and wondered....the fewer carbs is the greater fat metabolism? Does it produce more keytones and that equates to more loss? Does anyone know if you are eating 10 carbs a day instead of 30 does it matter?

The IP can get so boring, and today I tried NEW recipes, and there are so many good ones to get creative!!

Anyone using Proti foods? Any favorites?

One day at a time has helped alot...Anyone have a new recipe that they just love?
same as Princess I heard the stix aren't helpful as we drink too much water. The good news if you follow the program and don't cheat then you know you are in ketosis...

I have been on since Feb and I haven't found it boring at all. I just change it up every week when I start to get bored. I make my evening meals exciting so the rest can be the same... I have soup every day I am at work for lunch and when I am at home I have the omlette for lunch on weekends. I generally switch between 3 drinks for breakfasts and have the wedges, puffs, puddings or bars for snack. You just have to use your imagination. Tonnes of recipes already here for you to try and the fun with packets has great ideas as well. You want new recipes go through all of the recipes on this website just not this forum there are a lot of great ideas. Experiment.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

If you read the Pudding Cake Post, it has a link to Fun with the Packets. There are some good recipes on their. I like the pudding cake, crispy cereal pancake recipes. I am going to try the crepe pita bread.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

i love this diet, i have learned so much about what works for my body and doesn't by doing this. follow the plan, and it will work! promise!
crystalchuckgracie is offline   Reply With Quote