LA Weight Loss - LAWL July thread

View Full Version : LAWL July thread

juliemarie
07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Wow-the pressure! Fine-I'll start a new thread! :cool:

June was super crazy for me-Disneyland, Josie's 5th birthday, my lab at work moved . . . .July I don't have too much planned-so hopefully it'll be a lot of swimming, sand box, bike rides (i may even try to ride a bike again!!! Eeek!) and just enjoying the summer.

We spent the holiday weekend at the beach at my parent's condo and got to ride a waverunner for the first time--lots of fun. I can understand the attraction-cheaper and easier than a boat!

My weight loss stalled for awhile (pretty typical i hear) but has started back up again. I avoid bready foods that I know will bother me and occasionally have a bite or two of a sweet but am really careful. I want to snack in the evenings (just like before) so am working on that. Really trying to get into herbal teas . . .

So-that's what's going on with me-how's everyone's summer going?

Air
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I am new here. My name is Katrima, I live in Nova Scotia. I lost weight with LAWL before I got pregnant with my daughter. I looked great but could have lost some more. I gained 80 pounds when I was pregnant and due to some medication and very poor choices I weigh as ,uch as I did when I was 9months pregnant. So I got out what info and books I coould find from the program and joined this forum for help.

juliemarie
07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Welcome! Good luck getting back on the wagon!

ccorrine80
07-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi there! I'm new to this site as well. Had amazing success with LAWL when the centers were open, slowly gained all the weight back due to me slipping back into old patterns. Have taken off 10 with 30 more to go. Ordered the Rapid Results meal plan and will start tomorrow. Just finished TakeOFF. Excited to be back at it!!!

Joni135
07-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Wow - super quiet on this thread........I think I follow some of the old timers on FB...so don't check here much. Julie - glad all is going well for you.....you have so much to get healthy for! woo hoo..........

NewLifeNewMe
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks JM :D - Sounds like you're having beautiful summer!
I managed to reach my first mini-goal (165 by 7/2) then promptly bounced back to 170. A bunch of cousins came down last week and our family gatherings always center around food and drink - sigh. So I was determined to resist but south beach, white sangrias, my favorite tiramisu... I'd like to say that it was worth it but now they've gone home and I could kick myself for giving in. Doing take-off for the next 2 days and trying to work out 3-5 times a week. New mini-goal is 155 by mid-September (10 weeks). Wish me luck and hang in there ladies!

juliemarie
07-11-2011, 10:04 PM
NewLife-congrats on reaching your goal. I always seem to mess things up right after I meet a goal too-you kinda let down your guard. As you discovered-it's just not worth it! Good luck on the next goal!

i had a FAB weekend-I discovered I fit into what I was calling my "skinny jeans"! I'm about a size 18 now-hoping for a 14 by the end of the summer!

Hoochie
07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi ladies, how are ya? Things are pretty much the same with me. I seem to be stuck at 170 to 171. Last night I did two classes at the gym. I did a weights/step class and then I went to an extreme abs class right after. I am hurting today but last night I felt like a million bucks! Even though the weight isnt falling off, I am working really hard at following an exercise program at least 3 to 4 times a week. I admit I fell off the wagon with some food choices this week but its the Calgary Stampede!!!! The food and drinks are flowing! As long as I keep working out, I dont feel as guilty when I eat my corndog with mustard......hehe
I booked a trip to Las Vegas in August so I am super excited. Shopping, shows, pools and a little bit of gambling. We are bringing my 16 year old daughter so she can do her back to school shopping. It will keep me better behaved having her there!!!!
Okay well I should go.
Have a great day!

Joan

JLem311
07-12-2011, 05:41 PM
hey all i'm still around..crazy busy. still going at it with my running, cross training and fitday tracking. i've been maintaining, which is just fine with me.
sucks that not many people are checking in here anymore.
glad to see new peeps and a few oldies that are doing well!

OrlandoSomeday
07-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi!

I'm Maria and I'm new to the board too! I've been on LAWL before and am back to lose 20 lbs. I wrote my story in the bio section if anyone's interested.

Just finished the KickOff this weekend and only lost an ounce. Yup, 1 OUNCE. I'm disappointed because back in the day I would have lost 3 or more pounds. But what can you do? Today is day 1 of the plan and I'm feeling really good about it.

juliemarie
07-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome Maria! This board is pretty quiet at the moment-hopefully the new folks joining can help to get it active again.

TakeOff doesn't always do much for weight loss-unless you had a really carb heavy diet (you lose a bunch of retained water) . . .but hopefully it got any cravings under control.

Good luck!

Repo girl
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi guys! It has been a couple of years since I have been here, so excited to see some of you still here! I am the conductor of the fat train right now, and I really need to stop the train and get off. What programs you are all doing right now?

Repo girl
07-18-2011, 09:59 PM
:carrot::carrot:And JM, you know how much I love you! I am so excited to see how awesome you are doing!:carrot::carrot:

juliemarie
07-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Katie! So glad to see you back on here! Though I'm not technically LAWL, my diet is very low-carb. Any coffee lovers out there? You need to check out Click-coffee flavored protein powder. So yummy-my late afternoon treat!

MetalChic
07-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi guys! It has been a couple of years since I have been here, so excited to see some of you still here! I am the conductor of the fat train right now, and I really need to stop the train and get off. What programs you are all doing right now?

me too...

I gained all my weight back and now I've got to start over...

Nice to see you Katie... I'm still struggling trying to get my fibromyalgia in check, how are you doing with yours?

Repo girl
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey Karen! I do really well with it most of the time. Sometimes daylight savings will throw me into a flare up, but that is rare. If I do start hurting, I take mega doses of vitamin D3 for a few days, a calcium magnesium supplement called Calms that you stir into your water and drink at bedtime (it really relaxes my muscles and helps me to sleep), and rub on an essential oil blend called Deep Blue. It is DoTerra brand. As far as weight goes, lets stay here and help motivate each other!

Julie, I have to look into that protein powder, I am a coffee fool too.

I am still not sure what I want to do. I lost a lot of weight on LAWL. I wonder if I would be on Red or Red 2. I have not weighed in a long time. That is the first step, I guess. To weigh and get a ticker going. Maybe tomorrow I will get up the nerve to get on the scale. I suspect that I am in the 270 range. My career is really starting to take off, which is awesome. Getting up in front of big crowds to speak at this weight is not as awesome. Also, I am sick of being such a slow runner on my softball team. I have to get a huge hit just to get on base.

Tuesdays are crazy busy in my world, not sure if I will be back today or not. Have a wonderful day friends!

Hoochie
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey Katie, great to see you again. I understand how you feel. I gained lots of my weight back too but now I am maintaining at 170. Its like my scale doesnt go any lower.....but it will. I am still working out at the gym 3 times a week and I am really liking it. I think I need to drink more water, sometimes I find it hard to remember, its silly!
Oh well gotta run. Have a great day!

Joan

Mitsu23
07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi Ladies,

I lost 30 pounds 6 years ago on LAWL. I have tried it here and there on my own, but can't seem to stay focused! I'm debating to start again or start on weight watchers....I know on LAWL I lost weight and I lost it fast.
Good luck to you all

futurerunner
07-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Mitsu 23 I know exactly what you mean. I have been debating what to try again myself. Well yesterday I printed out some hand made check off sheets and I am going to follow the LAWL plan as much as possible by myself.

I lost 50 pounds with them before, and I need to lose that again, perhaps more, would love to feel fit and thin!

I am not going to do any sort of take off, So see you Ladies again tomorrow!!

J

Repo girl
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Joan, it is great to see you! I hear you on the water. I work near too many coffee houses....

Futurerunner- Love the name! What is your first name? I think that I am going to try some sort of LAWL plan again too.

Mitsu- Nice to meet you! What is your first name?

JLem311
07-19-2011, 11:42 PM
hello all..nice to see new and old peeps checking in. i've been pretty busy with life, etc. it seems that most of us have been too since this board is rather dead lately!
i've still been keeping up with my running/working out and tracking my calories on fitday and have been maintaining my weight, which is just fine with me.
tomorrow is my DD's birthday, we had her party this past saturday, but still going to do something special with her tomorrow.

hopefully i'll have the chance to check in more..good to see the thread going again!

juliemarie
07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Welcome newbies and oldies (but goodies, of course!). I'm about to enjoy some greek yogurt with a little homemade granola . . . lots of protein!

Have a fab day and don't forget to get your exercise in.

futurerunner
07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
My first name is Jane. I am starting today. So far have been pretty good. I am a diet coke drinker so I am trying to control that at least somewhat. I am at work today and feeling pretty hungry. I'm going to go buy carrot sticks, yogurt and healthy stuff for lunch, and a diet coke. It is way way way to hot for me to exercise outside today and probably the rest of the week. I go on vacation in 2 weeks, will do my best during that time. Whe I get home I am going to start couch to 5K.

I was planning on not doing any sort of lites ( not bought from LA of course) but I think I may have to these first few days. I am also thinking I may need a couple of days to go off carbs, those are my addiction, and hit the reset button.

So I am off and going, I did forget to weigh in this morning but suspect I will be pretty much the same tomorrow morning.

I need an easy to eat protein, especially in the morning. Guess I will do some reading.

Jane

juliemarie
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Jane-

Plain greek yogurt (much higher in protein than reg yogurt) sweetened with sf jam and splenda is great! Fage is my favorite brand. Also-there are very low fat, low cal turkey sausages that I nuke and eat in the car if I'm in a hurry.

Repo girl
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Sounds like you are off to a great start Jane!

JM- I am tempted to try Greek yogurt. I may have to now.

Jillian- You are such an inspiration. I am so thrilled for you. Your weight is gone, your man is home. Awesome!

I am going to bite the bullet and get on the scale this morning. :o I'll report back with a ticker in a little bit.

Repo girl
07-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Okay, I weighed. Not quite as bad as I expected, but still not great news.

Have a wonderful day everyone, you can do this!

futurerunner
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Ladies.

It is good news bad news kind of day.

First the bad news I have not been very good when it comes to following a plan as far as eating. I think it is the stress of my kids gone all last week and our vacation coming up in 2 weeks. I am going to give myself a break and just focus on eating better, which over all I have been much better at. Then when we get back I can focus on following a plan. I sort of need to give myself this slack because I have been stressing on how to do this on vacation. This will take the heat off.

Good News, well little bit of good news, on my last venture onto the scale it was down a half pound, baby steps baby steps!!

Even better news! I am living up to my name. My daughter is back, she runs cross country so I motivated her to get up and go out for a run, and I joined her. I ran more that I expected to and it felt better than I expected, will probably be sore tomorrow, but I feel very very good about it. I have to keep her motivated and so then she will make me go. I am going to plan to run on my days off and walk on my work days so every other day!! It will be a good way to start. Hopefully I won't get too sore.

J

JenniD44
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Hi all. I am back after a month off. Part of the motivation to start losing weight was a trip with my daughter's Girl Scout troop right after school let out. I lost about 20 pounds by then and then kind of got off track. I haven't gained (except the same 2 pounds I keep losing and gaining) but I need to get back on the stick. Yesterday and today I did the Take Off, so I'm ready to get back on track.

Question--Has anyone tried the new Pro Bars from LAWL? I really would like to try some for a change, but you have to buy in bulk--either a single purchase of 8 boxes or auto delivery of 4. I just wanted to get one or two to try. Anyone tried these and if so, how are they?

Have a great week ladies.

suan
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
The scale is starting to move again, but it's so slow. I'm lucky if I can lose 5 lbs a month. I am so sick of eating carrots...

Angie
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi all! Sorry I haven't checked in in ages. We haven't had consistent conversation going and so sometimes I forget to check.

JM -- How did you guys like Disney and how did the bday party go? I am a huge fan of greek yogurt, I put 1/3 cup of Allbran buds in mine.

Joanie -- Hi! Are you doing any plan now? How are your dogs?

Jillian -- Maintenance is where it's at! How is life now with your DH home? Is everyone adjusting well?

Katie -- Hi! It's so good to see you. I remember we used to talk about The Secret sometimes. I was looking through my PM's a while ago and saw some old conversations there :D I came back to 3FC last year, and I was following a high protein, low carb/fat/sodium plan that is medically supervised. It has evolved a bit into calorie counting...I'm still eating mostly the same types of food on that plan, but I do it within a calorie range and plan ahead for 'off plan' foods whenever possible. I lost about 65lbs in a year, but I haven't lost much in the last 3 months -- I'm working on it. Have you decided on a plan for you yet?

juliemarie
07-30-2011, 01:00 AM
J-planning is key! There is always going to be stressors-we all need to find ways to deal with stress that doesn't revolve around food. Have fun on your vacation-but try to keep your eating reasonable. Maybe at least try to stay low carb and not worry about fats too much . . .

jenni-welcome back! I didn't know that they came out with new bars so can't help you there . . hopefully they cut back on the sugars this time.

Suan-5lbs a month is better than nothing! Are you eating a ton of carrots-they're pretty high in natural sugars-maybe your body is really sensitive to high glycemic foods?

Angie-we had a lot of fun in Disneyland (click on my link below for a few pics) once Josie chilled out and realized we weren't leaving anytime soon. She's not a great traveler-not flexible AT ALL!

She had a great birthday too-a bunch of 4 and 5 yr olds bowling is pretty amusing!

Katie/Jillian//Hoochie/Karen/Joni-hope you guys are doing well. Check back in!

To the other new folks to the forum-hope you're doing well. If we all started posting more regularly, the forum would get hopping again . .

JenniD44
07-30-2011, 01:49 AM
The Take Off got me back on track. Lost about 3.5, then back up about .5 (ate out last night), so I'm feeling like I'm back on plan.

The new bars I was wondering about are called Pro Bars. They are supposed to be high protein, I guess a snack. They count as a starch and a fruit on the plan. They come in vanilla crunch and cookies and cream. The cookies and cream looks good to me, but I don't want to buy a ton. I think they would be nice as occasional snack.

Angie
07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I was so excited to blow Josie's mind when I told her we were leaving for the airport to go to Disneyland. But she pretty much took it in stride. Which just goes to prove my theory-she likes to squash all my fun. Don't get me wrong-she was happy and excited-just didn't seem to be all that surprised.

JM -- This is so funny to me because Cameron is constantly underwhelmed by my efforts to blow his mind...lol. I'm glad she relaxed enough to enjoy the moment eventually. We were at WDW in December and we had the best vacation ever. By the way, I know it was 2 months ago and you probably look even more fantastic now, but you were looking great in that first pic!
Congratulations :)

I'm not sure if I've mentioned that I'm a daily weigher now; I know that can drive people nuts, and sometimes it does get to me, but I have found it also helps me to identify foods that don't serve me well on this journey. Anyway, I'm super excited because I lost 1.4 lbs since yesterday, which is amazing because with daily weighing you normally see much smaller increments :D

alycialynstwins
07-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Hello Everyone! I am new to this board. I did LAWL from June 07 - Sept 07 with great success (25 lbs lost). After getting married and moving I got off track and my new town did not have a center. I know I should be on the red plan now, but need to know how many servings I get and whether or not the menu plan from the purple kit shows the same portion sizes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

juliemarie
08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Welcome Alicia-

The only difference in serving size between red and purple is the protein-8oz vs 6 oz. I don't recall offhand the serving sizes of the red plan but if you spend some time searching the forum you'll find it. Unless someone sends you the pdf.

If you decide to do the numbered plans-the serving sizes are all the same between the plans. You just have to figure out what plan to be on.

JLem311
08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
just a quick hi from me..still keeping up with maintaining, running, fitday tracking, etc. almost time for school to start back up for the kids in a few weeks..hard to believe the summer is gone.
hope everyone is doing well!

welcome to the new peeps!

Angie
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
HI all -- Not exercising much right now, but my eating is going very well lately. It's been so good for the last week I almost want to copy my meals for the week and repeat them over and over...lol.

I'm on vacation this week and we haven't done much so far. Today I was thinking of going to our local big amusement park (we have seasons passes), but it may rain this afternoon. Alternatives are visiting the Science Centre, which is so cool for kids or the CN tower...but why is everything so expensive??? I'm feeling particularly cheap this week I think because the price of everything makes me cringe.

Angie
08-02-2011, 11:56 PM
We ended up spending the day at the amusement park. It was great, and I'm proud to say I've ended my day at 1333 calories, and we spent the entire day on our feet and walking around.

Tomorrow we are having "Yes Day", which is a day when I will say yes to (almost) anything DS asks as long as it's inexpensive and not dangerous. Normally it just means he wants ice cream or pizza at breakfast time or asks to eat in the livingroom rather than at the table. Above all, I'm sure I'll be playing many many board games, doing stuff with army men, having a whole lot of tickle fights...all the stuff 6 year olds like to do. Oh how I wish he'd ask to spend the whole day watching John Hughes movies...lol.

juliemarie
08-03-2011, 02:45 AM
a "yes day", huh? Sounds intriguing and dangerous! I'll have to consider that for Josie some time. I know it will include McD's french fries at some point!

Angie
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
JM -- It is a lot of fun, and I think it's cool for them to hear so many yes'es, makes you realize how often you say no. So far today he has decided to have poptarts for breakfast, to eat them in the livingroom, to play DS as much as he wants...and yes, I've heard there is McDonalds in our future. I've already picked out my salad if we end up there. :)

JLem311
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
angie--that sounds way fun! i wish i could do that with my kids..but dang, with 3 of them--i'd be afraid! ;)

i don't really have much to post, still keeping up with my usual stuff!

i also wanted to let everyone know that i'm doing a Heart Walk for the American Heart Association and would be so appreciative of any donations--big or small--that you could make. i'm co-captain with my sister and we're very passionate about the AHA and all they do for heart research and saving lives.
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/siouxfallssd/lemons2011

check out our team page..our story and picture is on there too!

JLem311
08-04-2011, 06:40 PM
yooohoooo? anyone still out there?

Angie
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm here!

I've had a great last 2 weeks, lost 6lbs, but put on 2lbs overnight after some pretty crappy choices yesterday...how dumb was that? Anyway, moving on.

Got my hair cut today, and I chopped off a whole bunch! Here is my after pic:

Tonight I'm making Cuban Chicken Pizza (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cuban-chicken-pizza-10000000833358/) for dinner. We are going to a festival celebrating greek culture tomorrow; I'm going to stick to grilled lean meats and salad while we are there, then later we are seeing Cars2 with some of DS's friends. Sunday will be a quiet day to get ready for work and camp next week.

What is everyone else doing for the weekend?

juliemarie
08-06-2011, 03:42 AM
That pizza sounds delish! I've been having a tortilla pizza nearly every day for lunch (I use 6 in fajita tortillas). Turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, tuna and cheese (it's just like a tuna melt) and my FAVORITE BBQ chx with red onion. YUM!

Angie
08-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Hope you all had a good weekend!

We enjoyed the Greek festival and movie yesterday, then shopping and hanging out with friends by their pool today. My vacation is over for this round and it's back to work tomorrow and back to camp for Cameron. Just three weeks to go and I'll have another week off...can't wait!

I've done well with food this entire week and can even claim a small loss while on vacation...which would be a bigger loss if it weren't for TOM dropping in yesterday. Losing while on vacation is a first for me, in the past it's always been a good excuse to eat just about anything I wanted.

Angie
08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Happy Monday!

I took my team out for lunch today and they chose the restaurant...they picked CHINESE BUFFET ahhhhhhh!!!! Here's the good news though -- I did not eat even a single carb, and not one single fried food. I was so good you guys! I've never done that before and I was really really proud of myself. I may have a sodium gain, but it won't be from bad choices, I know I chose the very best options they had (roast beef, chicken, salad, broccoli and melon slices for dessert). Same thing on Sunday, I was shopping with my friend and we at ate the food court -- I picked salad and grilled chicken, yay me! For me this is huge because while I have good intentions often 'in the moment' I'm not able to make the best decision, but now I've done it two days in a row...I'm totally stoked. I have lunch out tomorrow with my boss and I'm not even scared!