Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #9

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #9

JayTee
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 66 lbs./29%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge

SPREADSHEET LINK: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

JayTee
07-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Pledges 7/3-7/9

Courtney = 3 /// (+1.2)
Envelope = 1.5 /// (-2.8)
Anon = 2 /// (-.4)
Celrae = 1 /// (-.5)
K3 = 2 /// (-1.2)
Me1st = 1 (?)
RMC = 2 /// (-2.6)
Josey=2
Peanutt = 1.5
BNH = 2
MadamB = 1.8
Rated = 1.8
Pokey = 1
BudgetBaby = 3
Dreamer = 1
Munchey = 2
Kuri = 1
Chesh = 2
Dcap = 2 /// (-2.5)
Sarati = 1.5
Jeanettey = 3
Reso = 2
Diyana= 2
Serina = 2
Awaiting = 3
Tubak = 1.5

Newbie:
JoyfulV= 2
Flo= 2
spicy = 2

Maintainers:
Sarge
Yoyo
Kendra
Rainbow
Chick = Sick Bay

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 53.6

Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 = 1
Courtney = 3
Anon = 2
Envelope = 2
RMC = 2

Newbie:
Irish = 1
Mya =
Iiane = 1

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo
Rainbow

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Pokey ( 770 min.), Courtney ( 420 min.), Celrae ( 640 min), Jeanettey (new)

SOFTCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Rated ( 0 min.) vs. Rmc ( 595 min.)

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Courtney (-10.2), Jeanettey (-5), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-5.6)

Pokey (-3/49) vs. Awaiting: Pounds lost & Miles trekked

Madam B (9.6) vs. Bnh (8.5) vs. Chesh (11) vs. Peanutt (8): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (x1) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Peanutt (Sick Bay vs. K3 (Did it!) = SHRED HEAD BATTLE 5 Days Week!

Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Budget Baby = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

Platoon's Fitocracy.com leader board: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

COMPLETED (3,049.97) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/l/blwebwalkingadt.htm

(weekly miles / total accumulated miles)

Sarge (47.41 /429.63), X
Pokey (49 /165.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (27.5 / 163.56),
K3 (10 / 86),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (80 /517.3), X
Cheshire (35 / 142),
MadamB (64.8 /388.2),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 99),
Tmil (6)
Envelope (24.95 / 130.45) X
Courtney (9.41 / 45.21) X
Sarati (21.34 / 64.58)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 6 / 12 )
Rmc = (81.5 / 204)
Me1st = (7.91 / 10.91)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (9 / 16.68)
Munchey = (15 / 15)
Kuri = (16 / 16)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney Kris, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope-- 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-08-2011, 01:03 PM
wow another thread already? Lets go for it!!! woot! we are a chatty bunch! btw my migraine is now gone *whew* YAY!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
ooohh hey. I have a challenge if anyone wants to accept it. How many days IN A ROW can you stay perfectly on plan? I started the 100 days 100% challenge a month or two ago and failed miserably. So I am wondering how long can I go? hmmm anyone wanna challenge me to see who can stay on plan longer?

CourtneyDaisey
07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm back from the treadmill now! :woops: Got in my 30 minutes and 1.5 miles added to my trek! I am at 4 hours (or 240 minutes) of exercise this week so far. I still have a LONG way to go to catch up to Pokey!

Still planning to mow the yard this evening. However, we got some most excellent news today! My father-in-law got the job that he applied for! :cheer: So we're going out to dinner as a celebration. Where are we going? Beats me...and that's the scary part. I am going to push for Mexican so I can have fajitas (which aren't that bad for you compared to most other things on the menu). If it's daylight when we get home I want to go mow the grass too. Burn off that dinner!

Iianae
07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Yes!! Count me in Sarge!

josey
07-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Geez, guys I can't keep up! I am gone for one night and I am already tons of posts behind.

We are a bit busy here with the Royals in town and the most important week of the year starting: Stampede! Next week will be tough on the diet but I plan on working the million pancake breakfasts into my plan. Yogurt for pre-breakfast, pancake breakfast and salad for lunch will be the plan :-) I will try to stay away from most of the crap I promise. BF and I already have a game plan and we will have a corn dog to share and maybe some popcorn but no more!

I also have a personal thing going on Thursday that requires a big celebration but I will be good I swear!!

A few personals (what I can remember... too many to keep track at the moment sorry):

@Irish Welcome to the crazy bunch!

@Anon I had to get groceries this morning because the weekend will be nuts. But I am going to run today at some point! Before midnight I promise ;-)

@Sarge Thanks for keeping it rolling with the thread. It is so easy when you can just follow the link at the last post. Thanks!

So, now I am going to watch the Stampede parade. I am not a huge Royals follower (apart from weddings, that's what you get when you grow up in Europe!) but I love to see them all decked out in Western gear! William looks great in a cowboy hat ;-)

IrishKat
07-08-2011, 01:47 PM
What diet plans do you follow? I am scared that counting calories will be too hard. I signed up for myfitnesspal after I saw it somewhere on this site but I am not always home where I can put my calories in. A guy friend and his wife do South Beach and he told me I would really like it. He is giving me the book today. My brother gave me some wii games to try and see if I like them for exercise. That will be my exercise today. We got the wii fit this Christmas and I hated it. I can't walk in my neighborhood so I am trying to find something to do inside.

mya
07-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Hello, you guys. I'm new to 3FC and I'd like to join your platoon :)
I'll probably pledge to loose a couple of pounds next week, I'm very excited to kick that 2 out of my weight number :carrot:

K3LL3Y
07-08-2011, 01:55 PM
ooohh hey. I have a challenge if anyone wants to accept it. How many days IN A ROW can you stay perfectly on plan? I started the 100 days 100% challenge a month or two ago and failed miserably. So I am wondering how long can I go? hmmm anyone wanna challenge me to see who can stay on plan longer?

Hey Dreamer- I saw that a lot of people fell off the 100day thread. My problem is defining what exactly 'on plan' means. If it's sticking to my calorie count then I'm good with that. The idea of no cheat foods is too broad for me. From time to time I like to fit in something I really like into my calorie/fat budget.

josey
07-08-2011, 02:14 PM
What diet plans do you follow? I am scared that counting calories will be too hard. I signed up for myfitnesspal after I saw it somewhere on this site but I am not always home where I can put my calories in. A guy friend and his wife do South Beach and he told me I would really like it. He is giving me the book today. My brother gave me some wii games to try and see if I like them for exercise. That will be my exercise today. We got the wii fit this Christmas and I hated it. I can't walk in my neighborhood so I am trying to find something to do inside.

Irish, I am on Weight Watchers. Well, kind of, I do it on my own with an old formula. Anyways, I think it is less work than calorie counting but is just as flexible. In my opinion it is important to have something flexible where pretty much no food is off limits. I think it helps stick to the plan and prepares you for a healthy life. Cutting out certain foods is just too hard for me and I can't incorporate it in my social life without difficulty. With WW I can still go out, enjoy food friends cook etc. and nobody even has to know that I am on a diet. It is all about planning and portion size.
Do you have a smart phone i.e. iphone, android or something? It sure helps calculating and tracking what you eat.
For working out at home, I would start with some DVDs (pilates or whatever else). Usually you can get some in a library and try them before you buy them. Netflix has some too, I think. Or you can probably find some on TV and tape them. We bought a treadmill (cheapo Walmart one, which totally does the trick) which is a god send. I love running now, which I used to hate with a passion!!
We have a Wii with the board too. I don't think it is a real workout anyways. It is fun to track weight on there though. We usually do the body weight thing daily just for fun.

spicymedicine94
07-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Weigh in is tomorrow. >< oh dear.
Irish - I am on a low calorie diet with low carnal attempting to eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day.
Mya- goodluck! Go kick some booty

envelope
07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Kelly and SMSDreamer - I am on day 41 completely OP. I think OP is different for everyone, but here is what OP looks like to me. 1200-1800 cals which averages out through the week to 1500-1525 a day. For exercise I am following my 1/2 marathon schedule, which includes two rest days.

Irish - I calorie count and love myfitnesspal for keep track. Do you have a smart phone, if so you should get the my fitness pal app. I use it when I am away from home...or when I want to use the barcode scan feature.

Josey and Anon - You are both doing great with c25k!

Welcome MYA and Iianae!

JayTee
07-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Welcome Mya and Lliane-- Welcome to the looney platoon!

I'm posting an answer to a PM Sarge got about what all the numbers mean and challenges are so I thought I'd post for all to view (INCLUDING YOU LURKERS OUT THERE!!!!)

One basic thing is requested around here each week. On Sundays (or earlier) just make a pledge to Sarge how many pounds you'll lose the following week. The pledge board is in post #2 right now. You'll see each member of the group made promise this week to lose anywhere between 1 to 3 lbs...

In the same post we've had a bunch of smack talk going on where various platoon members have challenged each other to various things like who can put in the most exercise minutes each week, who will make it to their goal weight first, how many weeks they can register pounds loss...all those things are under SIDE CHALLENGES. You might want to wait a week or so to get involved in that stuff.

Also, many of us (as a group) are virtually trekking across America by keeping track of miles we put in each week accumulated by "intentional exercise." It can be miles walked, biked, swam, miles calculated on cardio machines, etc. Right now the platoon has trekked from New Hampshire to Colorado...we're trying to make it to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

And finally, several of us just started battling each other for exercise supremacy on this website: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/
Platoon Private K3 is currently kicking our BIG BUTT-ers!

All in all there's plenty to keep us busy, motivated and MOVING our ever shrinking butts!

Hope that answers the questions Sarge got in his PM box. Newbies...I'll add your names to the pledge board. You can let Sarge know on Sunday how many pounds to put you down for next week!

Dreamer -- No way Sarge can go 100 days on plan. He has a tough time making it Monday to Friday...lol!

Carry on Butt-er Battalion! We got 53 pounds to toss out of our backpacks this week! Hup....hup...

K3LL3Y
07-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Platoon Private K3 is currently kicking our BIG BUTT-ers!

K3's butt-er, and arms, and legs are still feeling like they will fall off after yesterdays weight training sessions. :lifter:<== I love this little guy
My morning walk helped but I fear for how much the 30day shred will kick my butt-er once I get home! :devil:
I have to complete it 5 times this week though to keep up with peanutt!!!:hug:

kurisitaru
07-08-2011, 05:20 PM
New Thread All ready? O.O
You guys are AWESOME in the motivation speaches I'm guessing. ^0^

Sarge! I was wondering if it was possible to change all my weights and add 5 lbs... My new scale (which has been proven to be correct) adds 5 lbs to what the old scale said. I'll change them on the chart, and I'll still report a weight loss (because I'm working my BOOTY off... I should lose by Sunday...).

SMSDREAMER2007 I'll take that challenge! My goals are to eat between 1200-1600 calories a day. And to do 25 minutes of SOME work out each day. Even if that work out is just walking my dog, though... usually it's the SHRED or something more intense, there are those days though that just walking the dog is nice... I know I can stick to those if I just put in effort. So I'll take you're challenge! Today is day 1 OP for me! (I so went off plan for the holiday...)

Josey: I love the way you say "royals" I'm use to just hearing the "Ruling family" or "Queen/King" etc. I wish I lived in Europe. I'm moving to Australia in a bit. =o But that's not Europe....

Is there an invite code to fitocracy? I'd LOVE to join.

IrishKat
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't have a smartphone so I can't use any of the calorie tracker applications. I guess I will just do my best to put my food in before I go somewhere to make sure I stay good. I tried the EA Active 2 game my brother loaned me. He said I can have it if I want. It was not to bad. I don't like that band thing. I was very sweaty so I guess it was good exercise. I am sore now to.

JayTee
07-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Irish -- There are tons of online food journals or at the very least pick up a 50cent spiral notebook and keep track...Sarge told you this group would hold you accountable...and...BEING SWEATY & SORE ARE GOOD THINGS!!! Now suck it up and do it again tomorrow!

Kuri -- You can change the spreadsheet numbers if that's what you're talking about. Believe me, all these tools, challenges, etc. are for your own honor code keeping...I very much doubt someone is going to come along and say HEY!!! WEREN'T YOU 10 lbs heavier last week?!?!

And so I'll add Kuri vs. Dreamer in 100 day NO CHEATING BATTLE! I'll add it, but it's never gonna happen. Prove Sarge wrong! I double dare you!

Re: Fitocracy code...try: JOIN (I googled this, don't know if it'll work). If not, just join and they send you an email with a code within a couple of minutes.

Iianae
07-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Sarge,

Iianae - 1

I am pledging one pound this coming week. I will do my weigh in on Sunday, do I post it here?

Thanks!

JayTee
07-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi Sarge,

Iianae - 1

I am pledging one pound this coming week. I will do my weigh in on Sunday, do I post it here?

Thanks!

Yup, watch the thread on Sunday and you'll see how to post... we also have a spreadsheet Private Anon maintains. She'll add you to that too. Some use it, some don't. HAVE FUN AND STAY MOTIVATED!

IrishKat
07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Irish -- There are tons of online food journals or at the very least pick up a 50cent spiral notebook and keep track...Sarge told you this group would hold you accountable...and...BEING SWEATY & SORE ARE GOOD THINGS!!! Now suck it up and do it again tomorrow!

:rofl:@ Sarge. I did think being sweaty and sore meant I got a good workout. I was not sure how that game would be because the wii fit didn't seem like a good one when I tried it. I promise tomorrow I will be :exercise: instead of having :mcd:

edited to say the :mcd: was oatmeal for breakfast.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-08-2011, 06:56 PM
k3ll3y- that would be what i mean by 100 days on plan, I think 100 days on plan would be staying within cals and getting SOME type of movement in

kurisitau - Challenge accepted! I too keep my calories between 1200 and 1500 plus I try to get some walking in each day even if its only to walmart and back!

Irish - I use my weight loss blog to track cals..if you have internet on your phone that might be a solution for you!

sarge- haha I WILL make it! trust me...I take that dare.

Sooo...I had an interesting time today. someone from my past saw me in walmart and didnt like that I ignored them soooo they decided to shove me into a wall of shoes. Yep..awesome day. BUUTTT I am on plan so far! oops. forgot to take my vitamins tho...I think....hmmm. I dont remember.

MadamButterfly
07-08-2011, 07:49 PM
OK TROOPS, ARE WE MELTIN' OUR BUTT-ER . . .

Oh My Goodness . . . THREE new recruits . . . :D

Mya, Iianae & IrishK: :welcome3:

One thing Sarge forgot to mention (you know, he's kind of old and senile . . . :lol3: ) When you post your pledge and pounds lost; SARGE likes this format in a post all by itself, then if you want to do personals just make another post:

Lost: 1.2/Pledge: 1.5/Trekked 14.3
(The trekked part is only if you want to TREK across the U.S. with us (it's optional)

OK, now for some fun :devil:

Pokey: Sorry you're buried in the "after vacation" pile up . . . Were you in that sand/dirt storm???

Kuri & Dreamer in a 100 day battle and SARGE doing the double dare . . . WATCH OUT because SARGE will have that Apache helicopter hovering over your house watching what you stuff in your face . . . :D

RESO: So glad you're looking towards today and the future. You can't change yesterday, so LIVE FOR TODAY!!! :hug:

Someone was looking for inside BUTT-er MELTIN' WORKOUTS: I love the videos (OK, in the winter when it's -20 outside) Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is really good, I started with The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism . . . find one that works for you. You can also do crunches (I do 400 EVERYDAY) there's push-ups, dips on the stairs, Yoga, Pilates, ZUMBA :belly: (Very fun and you'll sweat, sweat, sweat your BUTT-er)

IrishK: this is the diet plan I follow . . . I figure out what I can/want to eat for breakfast for the rest of my life, oatmeal and a banana or a couple eggs and some jicama hash browns, a bowl of raisin bran, etc. Then do the same thing for a snack, lunch, another snack, supper, and a small evening snack . . . Lots of variety, PLUS when I reach goal I won't be changing the things I'm eating and I can just increase my portions a bit or exercise a bit less (hopefully both :) ) That way my body doesn't have to adapt to a new way of eating/calories when I reach goal, all I have to do is tweak a few things, and I shouldn't gain it back . . . if I start to gain all I do is lower portions a bit or exercise a bit more . . . (always allowing for real life to throw a holiday or birthday in the mix)

OK, I can't remember much else (memory is going <sigh> )

Round 1: 30 DS: Complete
Round 2: Bike ride upcoming (when it cools just a bit outside)

Going to water the garden . . . I think there's a zucchini with my name on it :D (I HOPE IT'S A BIG ONE) :rofl:

Oh, CHESHIRE: LOVE THE POSTER (as always) You keep me inspired :)

josey
07-08-2011, 08:04 PM
@envelope - Thanks! It feels great! I love C25k

@Anon - I finished W7D3 and it was easier! Well, apart from the first 5 minutes. I had a sneezing fit about 2 minutes into the run! (Not recommended on a treadmill!!!) It took me about 3 minutes to get over it and focus on the run again. Don't try that at home! :-)

@Kuri - That's what we call them here in general :-) I prefer that to Will & Kate. Sounds like a reality TV couple and I am not sure if they like it. He definitely calls her Catherine not Kate and I have never heard anybody refer to him as Will. Anyways, I sure liked to watch them come over and discover Canada. Australia definitely has more ties to the Queen than the US. So you are getting closer I think :-)
Regarding Fitocracy, PM me your email address I will send you an invite if you don't have one yet.

@Irish - Try using a small notebook. Start with a list of your most common foods (you will see you repeat a lot of ingredients and dishes) and then flip the notebook over and start tracking from the other end. I did that in 2002 and after a few weeks your food list is quite comprehensive and you will good to go. Maybe get a small calculator too.

@Dreamer - Do you need some troops for protection? I am sure Sarge can send some of us off to help out!

@Mya, Iianae - Welcome!!

Me1stAllways
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Private Me1st, reporting for duty! *red dwarf, Rimmer type salute* lol

new recruites :WELCOME:

Sarge...lmao, for all non-monty python fans that didnt get the rabbit ref = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

today:
keeping food log ~ check
pilates ~ check
P90x stretches ~ check
gym, treadmill ~ check
weight ~ same

JayTee
07-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Me1st--You absolutely crack me up! Thanks for the Monty Python you tube and then I had to google the salute you mentioned. Hysterical!

FROM NOW ON YOU MUST ALL SALUTE SARGE IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXdtUISSHuo

And on that note...HAPPY FRIDAY! It's cocktail hour for Sarge...perhaps some drunk posting later on!

envelope
07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Watch out for premature posting...

celrae
07-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Why I am stressed (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/237612-when-too-much-happens-once.html#post3927282).

I promise that I won't let this stuff get me completely down, I just wanted to share.

JayTee
07-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Celrae--Well HOLY CRAP!!! If it's any consolation, know that no matter what "society" dictates you can always obliterate all relationships that totally wreck the good work you've done to help yourself. Personally, I haven't spoken to most of my family in over 15 years. At age 35 I finally accepted the fact that they were driving me crazy and I didn't need the b.s. ... This journey that you're on is YOURS! Don't let others interfere with it. Day by day, week by week you'll gain more confidence in your ability to deal with all the problems! Take it from an old fart that's been there!

Envelope--thanks for the "premature posting" advice! I'm not quite to drunk posting yet, but fingers crossed!!!!

josey
07-08-2011, 09:17 PM
FROM NOW ON YOU MUST ALL SALUTE SARGE IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXdtUISSHuo

We do get extra exercise points for that one, right?

MadamButterfly
07-08-2011, 09:32 PM
CELRAE: :hug: :hug: . . . and as SARGE said "HOLY CRAP!!!

I too am basically NOT in contact with my family . . . just makes life easier . . . hard as it is sometimes NOT to have family to lean on once in a while it does make you stronger . . . and as you said you have a strong support system . . . You have us, THE RAGTAG MISFIT TROOP . . . and as mis-guided we may seem at times I think we have one HE** of a group . . . THANKS TO SARGE :D . . .

On to more, ummmmmm interesting developments . . .

Went to the garden and picked a ZUCCHINI, NO it wasn't as BIG as I thought it was going to be . . . BUT THEY NEVER ARE, ARE THEY :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my goodness, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY IN MY OWN HEAD

OK, off for my biking expedition :)

:wave:

celrae
07-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Celrae--Well HOLY CRAP!!! If it's any consolation, know that no matter what "society" dictates you can always obliterate all relationships that totally wreck the good work you've done to help yourself. Personally, I haven't spoken to most of my family in over 15 years. At age 35 I finally accepted the fact that they were driving me crazy and I didn't need the b.s. ... This journey that you're on is YOURS! Don't let others interfere with it. Day by day, week by week you'll gain more confidence in your ability to deal with all the problems! Take it from an old fart that's been there!

Envelope--thanks for the "premature posting" advice! I'm not quite to drunk posting yet, but fingers crossed!!!!

I 100% agree. It is nice that I am at a place in my life where I understand making my own path is the only answer. Right now I am challenge about how to remove myself from these situations. Also, there is a grieving process, it hurts to see the people you love in such a bad place.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
josey- haha Better watch it, I might take ya up on that :p

ran around at the park with my nephew...had a blast. I did allow myself a snack sized mcflurry from mdonalds whooo shouldnt have done that...time to rethink dinner.....

Jeanettey
07-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Sarge - That salute is a workout in itself.

Can you picture a platoon lined up doing that salute. Hysterical!!! :dizzy:

Hardcore ladies - I'm at 510 mins

josey
07-08-2011, 11:03 PM
josey- haha Better watch it, I might take ya up on that :p

I would say we are on stand by for rescue and/or fighting back. Celrae, for you too! :sumo: :boxing: :tantrum: (Sorry, that's all I can come up with, no tanks, helicopters or fighter jet emoticons available...yet)

Jeanettey
07-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Sarge - I got a salute for you...................... MadamButter should love this!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif

MadamButterfly
07-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Sarge - I got a salute for you...................... MadamButter should love this!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/buns.gif

Jeanettey

OH MY . . . I was eating my salad when I saw your post AND ALMOST SPIT IT OUT . . . I LOVE IT!!! CUTE LITTLE BUTT-ER BUNS :D

How do I put it in my post??? UGH, I'm so technically inept . . . All I could do is quote it

JoyfulVegGirl
07-09-2011, 12:04 AM
I still can't get a Fitocracy invite code! I requested one ages ago. (Ok, yesterday.) JOIN didn't work, but I'll keep trying.

I went to catch up today and thought to myself "Oh, only one new page, I can do that." Until I saw the new thread :D You guys are awesome.

How far in to the 30DS is everyone? I'm on day 19. I've finished it a few times, and I like it because it only takes 30 minutes a day, which is a blessing right now. I don't know what I'm going to do next, though. 30 days of yoga? Anyone have any good ideas for strength training workouts that take about 30 minutes a day? My dirty secret is that I was addicted to P90x this spring and went through that program for about 120 days. I barely lost any weight though, as my commitment to healthy eating was not there. I desperately want to try it now that I'm on an eating plan, but it's just so time consuming and takes away from potential running time. Plus, I'm a liitttle bit sick of Tony Horton's face.

So, today was my day off and I did a 7.5 mile hike/run with the roommate today. About to shred, and then I have to finish a paper. Tomorrow I'm going on another hike with a good friend of mine, but want to get my run in too. Then I'm off to get a haircut, which should be good for at least a couple of ounces of weight loss, heh. After that, another hike out to go star hunting with a friend. Busy day planned!

Do I have to weigh in tomorrow, or is Sunday ok?

Sarge, I'm trying to think of a good goal I can kick off my bucket list next week. I've been wanting to do a pull-up for forever, but I think that might take longer than a week ;)

Irish, I count calories and eat mostly whole foods, but I've done WW in the past with great success. Both are pretty easy and effective if you plan ahead! A small notebook that I can carry with me and log foods with is the best weight loss tool. Dailyplate is pretty good too.

celrae, so sorry to hear about the stress you've been going through lately. I went (and still am going through) the same thing with my father. I completely understand. You can't help people if they're unwilling to help themselves. Sometimes you have to do what's right for you, but I know it doesn't make it any easier.

M. Butterfly, oh my gosh, you picked a zucchini already! That was fast. Nice avatar :D

JoyfulVegGirl
07-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Ok, found a good code. CRISS is working for now, for anyone else who wants to join.

rmc9142
07-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Holy cow, am I glad this week is over!! My husband was on vacation, while I was not. Let's just say it was a challenge to get all my work done while playing hokey with him! Luckily, he's into going to the gym, biking, etc., so I was able to get all my workouts in. In fact, I'm up to 66 miles (490 mins) for the week so far. (That pales in comparison to some of you, but it's not bad for me at this point!)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine.

Just learning the ins and outs of Fitocracy. Can someone point me in the right direction for the quests? I know someone asked earlier, and I browsed around for the answer, but we are a chatty bunch and I can't seem to find the post. Once again, you guys rock.

celrae, it's great that you can look for the positive aspects amongst all the crap. Take care of yourself! :hug:

Welcome to all the new folks :wave:

SMSDREAMER2007
07-09-2011, 01:25 AM
I am with the others, its hard thinking of something to knock off my bucket list seeing as all of them would take longer than a week to accomplish :\

bnhtla06
07-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Celrae: WTG staying positive. Alcoholics suck. It took going to the hospital and almost dying to wake up my husband. Nothing's going to help them until they figure it out for themselves. All you can do is stand back and stay out of the way so they don't destroy you too. Very painful when it's someone you love, but there it is.

Irish: I'm doing South Beach and I love it, mostly because it doesn't require calorie counting. I'm doing a lazy-person version of calorie counting because I'm using an armband that tracks calorie deficits, but I've found that I am staying within the 1500 calorie range without changing anything from my South Beach recommendations. People around here seem to be having success with a lot of different methods. I don't think there's a magic formula, just find what works for you and stick with it.

Bucket list goal: achieve the 12 minute mile quest on Fitocracy. I'm really close... did a 13.5 minute mile today but felt like I was dying. Let's see if I can get it done this week.

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 03:08 AM
And so I'll add Kuri vs. Dreamer in 100 day NO CHEATING BATTLE! I'll add it, but it's never gonna happen. Prove Sarge wrong! I double dare you!

I take that as a very motivating challenge... I'll even add my OP to my siggy... when it gets to 100 days... I'm celebrating with 100 jumping jacks. o.O
OP for me means sticking to those calories and getting in 25 minutes of exercise. I can DO IT... I know I can!

SMSDREAMER2007: You were shoved into shoes? What did you do when THAT happened?

MadamButterfly: I like all the work outs you mentioned. The SHRED has really helped me. I also recommend ZUMBA to anyone looking to have fun and burn calories. Especially if you can hit a gym class with a friend. Our old instructor would hand out coin belts near the end... my friend Sandy looked so funny trying to make the coins jiggle. She would try so hard, sometimes she would forget we were doing different steps. XD So much fun, and WHAT a work out!
I also don't have contact with family... they live in Australia or Texas. >< It's rough, but I've been on my own for so long, I've learned that my dog is a great listener, my room mates are great for leaning on, and my friends are great for good times and advice. That... and skype is an ok program when you really want to see the people you love. Too bad you can't hug threw it though...

JoyfulVegGirl: I'm on day 14.. well completed day 14 today! You're almost to level 3! I'm hoping there isn't as many plank poses in level three...>.>
Pilates might be good for 30 minutes... or a fast bike ride... or some exercise ball moves? Or just redo the SHRED.

Sarati
07-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Hey Everyone!

I was able to register with fitocracy through facebook.

I know I haven't quite made my mileage this week and I probably won't. School started and I've been reading books practically all week. I'm working on an Associates in Computer Information Systems.

I will be back at the workout regimine a bit more than soft core next week.
I would like to drop out of the Softcore side challenge as it's easier for me to track my workouts by distance than by time. I'm still soft core, however my intention is to turn it into a HARD CORE ~ That's why I'm here!

I think that fitocracy should adequately make up for being part of a challenge.

As it also relates to fitocracy, their activities calendar allowed me to go back as far as this past monday to enter my workouts. I thought that I would have to start with today but ta-da, I made it right to level 3!

I have a very busy weekend planned with a trip to Seattle tomorrow, and Sunday we take my teenager to basketball camp. I may not be posting as much this weekend but I will be wearing my pedometer and saluting Sarge while I'm mia!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-09-2011, 04:14 AM
kuri - I told the person I was gonna call the cops, watched her turn and run right in to the manager of the store, finished my shopping, walked outside and....called the cops. I wasnt gonna stoop to her level and fight and scream in the store. Her excuse for shoving me into the shoes was "just because I threatened to kill ethan doesnt mean you and your family have to ignore me" the threat in question is when my sister was pregnant with my nephew she threatened to kill them both. She then turned and said that she didnt write the email in which the threat occured and that I wrote it even thought it CLEARLY comes from her email address of which I never once had the password, plus her grandmother admitted to reading it before it was sent and didnt think it was bad. I was 15 when the original incident occured.

Resolute
07-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Reso - I hear ya' that it's hard to take pride in what should never have needed doing. But I look at it this way. The past is the past. I can't go back and change it. I can't reverse all those times when I chose to stuff my feelings with "comfort" food. All I can do is try to get my life back...so that I can do all the things I enjoy doing, do them without pain and look forward to a healthy active future. I'm nearly 49 and my obesity has robbed me of a fun active life for the past 10 years or so. And as remorseful as I am about the years lost...I'm proud of myself that I'm working hard at reclaiming the days, weeks, months and years yet to come. And you inspire me to continue to work to reclaim my life because you and others have shown me it CAN be done. That's what I encourage you to take pride in...not only the changes in your life that have given you your life back, but the ways you inspire and encourage others to do the same.

Diyana : That's very nice of you to say, still i don't deserve any more credit than anyone else, my success has more to do with education and knowledge then actual willpower, i figured out what i need/must do to live properly in relation to food and still be satisfied with life, in the beginning when i could barely walk i only knew that either i would let myself die or i would fight one last time with everything i had ( i'm not joking or exagerating when i make the end game comment either, as sad as that is ) It hasn't been easy, i walked all winter, you see winter here is not for the faint, many times i trudged through 3 or 4 foot snow (not joking here) for 5 miles... at times it was -20 or -30 with close to -40 or -50 wind chill, blowing snow making visibility almost nill, i have vivid memories of my eyes freezing shut from tears, i still have people stop me and tell me how amazed they are with what i've done, never did i do it to impress anyone but myself, i just had to accomplish one last thing in life if nothing else, i tell myself it is mine and mine alone, no one and i mean no one can take this from me, only i can falter, but i won't.

It's nice to have others see a strength in themselves simply because they note it in another, i typically don't like to talk all that much about the weight with people, i force myself to acknowledge the loss sometimes, it's easier to talk to a stranger on the street than friends or family, i suppose i do feel a simple pride in what i've done and i'm not quite done yet either, i've been the worst i could be now it's time to be the best i can be.

Every day i force myself to push hard, i've learned patience, how it's one day at a time, i've nearly climbed the mountain i stood in fearful awe of at one time, ups and downs, good and bad i've braved it all and percevered, i'm a little worse for wear now with the loss of years and the **** i've put my body through, thank my mother for blessing me with a strong one that has yet to fail me as i've failed it.

I pray that everyone can find happiness through lifestyle and health now, life is so much more when you fight for it.

Reso -- You may not find yourself inspiring, but the last few days when I wake up and think "70 lbs left to lose...this is going to take forever...I'm never going to be able to do this" I remember that you, Reso, YOU (yes I think of you when lying in bed in the morning...hehe) have lost pretty much my entire body weight. I think about how hard THAT would be, how much effort THAT would take, to lose my entire self, and I tell myself to quit my b*tching and get my butt in gear. So like I said before, you ARE inspiring.

Anon : Pshhh! 70 pounds is a walk in the park :p OK maybe a couple of walks, you can do anything you set your mind to, it does have to take fore of other desires and wants though, my life revolves around this lifestyle, i serve it every need before any want is fulfilled, i don't miss most of what i've sacrificed to get here.

JayTee : I wouldn't know it was you unless you were wearing a lampshade :p you see i haven't seen your smile yet either. :^:

Up pretty late tonight, walked my 6.2 miles biked another 9.5 miles, today 15.7, weekly now 78.3, might try for 100 this week, will see tomorrow. :)

I biked to the post office today, a couple of the watches i ordered from HongKong came :D. I'm still waiting for another plus i ordered two more i like tonight, yeah i have a watch problem. :p

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2210/1001242an.jpg

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8762/1001235c.jpg

Then i tried on my suit for giggles tonight, wow it's actually a little big now, i can not believe i can actually wear it now. Looks like my face is melting LOL, must be from the fat, oh well whatever. Looks better then Jabba's.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4300/1001246r.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2746/christmas177.jpg

JayTee
07-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh Reso, you silly man...you didn't have to get all dressed up to post! You couldn't see it, but you did put a smile on Sarge's face! You're the best and I have to post this again... YOU'VE LOST 204 lbs! OMG, that's 816 sticks of butt-er!

Sarge is off base today troops and is leaving MadamB in charge...scary, huh?!?

Get those last chance workouts in and prove to Sarge that we can be chatty AND lose weight!

P.S. To those also headed off base for the weekend feel free to leave early weigh-ins! While we go Sunday to Sunday around here, if you have a different weigh-in day feel free to post. Personally, Sarge uses Friday because it generally takes him all week to undo the damage he sometimes does on weekends! Bad Sarge!

celrae
07-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Hardcore ladies - I'm at 510 mins

Love It!
I will post my numbers tonight after work. I am around 600.

CourtneyDaisey
07-09-2011, 09:04 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!

Sarge, have no fear about being off base today. I have no doubt that MadamB will whip us into shape with her zucchini if anyone puts one toe out of line! ;)

I'm going to be heading for the pool shortly! I want to get in my swim this morning so I can have the afternoon to do laundry and all that crap that has to be done around the house.

We didn't get home from dinner last night until nearly 9:00PM, far too late to mow my grass. So I need to fit that in today as well. Hmmm...swimming, yard mowing, and laundry. Sounds like an active day! Burnin' that BUTT-er!

celrae - :hug: Believe me hon, I feel your stress. There's a LOT going on with me in my life but I am reluctant to talk about it due to a fear that someone is internet stalking everything I do. I just make sure that anything I post is something that I don't mind this person knowing. I've had to do the same on my blogs too, even though it would be VERY therapeutic to vent about the stuff going on in my life. Still, for now I must shut up and silently deal with my stress. But please do know that you're not alone in dealing with family stress. :hug:

smsdreamer - Sheesh! Sounds like you're dealing with some stress too right now. :hug: I am proud of you for being the better person in that situation though! You go girl!

Jeanettey - 510? Holy moly I have a LONG want to go to catch you and the other Hardcore girls! I'm so behind this week!

Okay, enough chitchat! Off to the gym! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... :)

CourtneyDaisey
07-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Oh...though this has nothing to do with weight loss, I thought this would amuse you all! :)

My three year old daughter, Brenna, says some of the funniest things sometimes! Very recently she said two things that had me rolling in the floor I was laughing so hard!

The first was on July 4th. We were out and about. My husband is a photographer on the side and we saw a gorgeous sunset. We found a spot and pulled over in an unfinished neighborhood so he could take some pictures of the setting sun. He's outside the car taking pictures while Brenna and I sat in the car. After he got done he came back to the car and was putting his camera away in its bag. As he zipped up the bag Brenna says, "Bye Cheese!" It took me a moment to realize that she was talking to the camera because people always tell you to "say cheese" when getting your picture taken! Once I made the mental connection I thought I'd die I was laughing so hard!

Last night we were driving home and "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry came on the radio. It's really not one of my favorite songs but it does come on a lot because it's popular right now. In the song there's a line that says "the sharp knife of a short life." Well Brenna doesn't know all the words so she started making up her own. When that part of the song got on she sang, "Shut up, you shut up." I was so glad that my husband was driving because I'd have had to pull over! I laughed until I cried!

Honestly, you never know what's going to come out of the mouths of kids!

MadamButterfly
07-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I'M IN CHARGE . . .

SCARY, VERY SCARY . . . LOLOLOL!!!

Hmmmmmmmm, (pondering things thoughtfully with a devilish smile on her face) :devil: Let's see, what shall we have the troops do FIRST ?????

SARGE: I KNOW you had one too many last night if you put me in charge . . .

OK TROOPS . . . AAAAAATTN-HUT

RED DEVIL SALUTE
(OK, that's what I'm calling it, because I can't remember the name now (Senility setting in and all . . . :lol3: )
LAST DAY
FOR
LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS . . .
MAKE IT HAPPEN
MAKE SARGE PROUD!!!

Reso: Oh, I saw the watch and started laughing . . . only because we have a new resident and Ummmmmm, he has the same problem you do . . . He had about 30 or 40 watches . . . his son told be there were 3-4 times that many at the house . . . some of them were absolutely gorgeous . . . all I could do was think of you and how you would be :drooling: over them :hug: Oh, and by the way . . . you are one HOT HUNKY MAN . . . :drool:

Courtney: Kids do say VERY funny things, hence the show (for all you OLD TIMERS) Art Linkletter's "Kids say the Darndest Things" and I think Bill Cosby had one too . . . OK woman NO MORE POSTING UNTIL YOU GET SOME BUTT-ER MELTED . . . You have some "catching" up to do"!!! MOVE-IT, MOVE-IT, MOVE-IT!!!!

SARGE: YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT, 816 STICKS-O-BUTT-ER IS A LOT . . . RESO YOU SHOULD BE PROUD, EVEN IF JUST FOR A MOMENT!!!!

bnh: 12-minute mile . . . You can do it, just think of MadamGooeyBZucchini chasing after you with that ZUCCHINI in hand . . . LOLOL

DREAMER: OK, so maybe knocking off something from your bucket list will take more than a week, BUT you CAN start working on it next week!!! Right????

joyful: Glad you found a code . . . Have fun with FITOCRACY

Kendrab: Where are you, did the French Fries try to eat YOU . . . LOLOL, Hope you're hanging in there woman!!!

OK, enough personals . . . YOU ALL KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO . . .
SO JUST DO IT . . .
DON'T MAKE ME GET THAT ZUCCHINI !!!

OK, MadamBGooeyZucchini returning the RED DEVIL SALUTE :devil: and I'm off to BURN MY OWN BUTT-ER . . . (laughing, the sound somewhere between hysteria and the laughter of a maniac. She runs past all the troops, around the barracks and then is nowhere to be seen . . .

AnonymouslyYours
07-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Morning Platoon,

Hope everyone's weekend has started off splendidly!

Reso -- Dang, posting pictures in a suit!? Driving me crazy! (Short drive.) Also, I read an article yesterday that watches are making a huge comeback and are the new trendy item to have. :)

Josey -- Great job with week 7! Are you ready to start week 8!? I'm heading to the gym to finish the week in about a half hour. Think good thoughts and wish my mp3 player well, haha!

I will check back in later and catch up on everything, provided the base is still around in a few hours. Who knows with MadamB in charge! ;)

MadamButterfly
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
WOW, VERY QUIET HERE THIS AM . . .

AS SARGE SAYS:
WAKIE, WAKIE TROOPS,

JUST BECAUSE SARGE IS OFF BASE, DOESN'T MEAN HE'S NOT WATCHING !!!!!

For those of you having a hard time getting up this AM, here is MadamBGooey doing 2 versions of ways to get your BUTT-er up and going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45KgHYJ7M&NR=1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFHTtQNgQA&feature=related

Anon: LOLOLOL . . . funny, but true . . . who knows what's going to happen

OK, TROOPS . . . MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!!

HUT, HUT, HUT . . .

Cheshirecat
07-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Happy Weekend and Morning to you all!!

8 mile run with 1 mile cool down walk done! Thankfully since we have a heat advisory settling in for the rest of the weekend. But it was actually decent out this morning.

Reso-Nice watches! I like that red color, but that other one is cool since you can see the gears. Ahh, no wonder you buy a bunch--how could you choose!

Irish-I second all the others saying get a notebook and just start writing down what you eat. That's what I did, and then when I had time I went back and figured out calories to add up and you do usually end up using the same food a lot so it's not too bad tracking. It really helped me see that I was eating WAY more than a regular portion sizes when I actually had to start figuring out how many servings I was having.

All the Hardcore ladies-Way to rack up those minutes!! Whooo!

Okay I'm off to practice that salute. I think I might end up slapping myself in the face! LOL

envelope
07-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Went out for a 4 miler and when I was almost done realized I had accidently gone 5. I figured I may as well do another 1 so I would have my 6 miler out of the way for the weekend. Tomorow I can get up and do an easy jog.

Hope everyone is has a great weekend. I am looking foward to seeing what weigh in brings for me.

Chesire Cat - I can appreciate hills, but I do not love them. When I started I would have avoided hills, but in this area that is not practical.

Cheshirecat
07-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Last chance workouts! Let's go people!
http://www.wallchan.com/images/sandbox/4842-1305930462180.jpg

BudgetBaby
07-09-2011, 12:44 PM
So much has happened on the thread since I was here last. Nothing has happened by me except working and sleeping. Oh, and abandoning my food plan entirely for two of the last three days.

My coworkers opted for some very festive food and I willingly jumped right in. If you cut me right now, I'd bleed peanut butter cups and hot wings.

I'm so disgusted with this. I don't feel guilty about overeating. I never have. But I do get angry. And I have this internal dialogue. It goes like this: "Lookit, *****. I did the shopping. I did the prep work and tallied the calories. I packed the lunch and reminded you to bring it. I used the good bread for the sandwich; you like the good bread. I got the expensive, juicy tomatoes and the Pink Lady apple instead of the apples that were on sale. I even put in a tea bag so you could have your prissy cup of tea. What more do I have to do?" Really, it's more of a monologue, because the Cheetos breathed part of me never has much to say back to that.

So, anyway, tomorrow's weigh in will suck. Definitely bringing down the platoon numbers this week.

And, maybe it's the peanut butter cups talking, but I'm feeling reckless and desperate. So, Dreamer and Kuri, if you're still game, I'll match your 100 days.

And I am pissed enough at myself right now to belief we can do it.

100 days on program for me means sticking within my calorie limit, getting a minimum number of vegetable and fruit servings in. That's it. I've never done that before in my life. So, this is a big huge deal.

I am this crazy right now.

And that 100 days includes a vacation, my birthday, and most of the halloween candy season.

And when I hit the 100 day mark, I'm going to raid my piggy bank for a very expensive treat for myself.

K3LL3Y
07-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Good Morning Platoon!

Reso- you look awesome, very snazzy in your suit ;)

Courtney- your daughter sounds adorable. It must be hard not to laugh out loud when she's being clever.

MadamB- Way to keep the troops in line and I just love your new wiggle butt hahahahaha

I'm a bit late checking in today because my husband talked me into a tennis lesson this morning. He used to be a very good athlete and since I've been doing pretty well lately he thought we could try a sport.
Let's just say it was probably hilarious to watch. I am not the most coordinated of people. I do okay at running or static things like yoga or Pilates, but when there is running and bouncing balls involved I'm just all over the place. We did get a few volleys going but I think it's going to take a lot more time then he thinks. (the man just picks everything up very quickly)

So got a 45 minute run in this morning going after that ball :D
Now to vacuum the house, how many calories does an hour of vacuuming burn?

MadamButterfly
07-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh, the troops are up and at 'em . . .

That's good, MadamBGooey did NOT want to have to go get that Zucchini . . .

BudgetBaby: You are already trying to make the change, BUT really think about this: Why did I so willingly cave in to the hotwings & peanut butter cups ???? Then, What can I do DIFFERENT next time this happens (everyone wants to have festive foods, treats, etc) ???? AND How am I going to make MYSELF do that something different. OK, you messed up, it's not the end of the world, so now figure out how to CHANGE IT!!! As they say, if we don't learn from our mistakes, then we are doomed repeat them . . . Oh, but I'm cussing you under my breath because peanut butter cups ARE my weakness . . . ok, um jelly beans too :o

EDIT: Vacuuming: This activity burns approximately 165 calories per hour for an average, 145-pound person.

Rated
07-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey everyone
This has not been a good week for me at all. When I started losing weight I was on summer vacation which was easier since the main cause of my weight gain over the last 4 years was due to stress at school. Now that I am back in class my stress level went up and I went off plan. It was tough since even though I was on track prior to school starting again I hadn't dealt with the reason I over eat and wasn't prepared for what it was going to take to lose weight during school. I can't do anything about this past week but I can learn from my mistakes and fix some of them starting Monday. I am sorry to Rmc and Sarati I won't be much motivation in the exercise challenge since I have a grand total of 0 mins but you better watch out next week when I get back on track:)

dcapulet
07-09-2011, 01:38 PM
checking in to report -2.5 this week!

Pledging 2 for next week Sarge!

envelope
07-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Rated - I know exactly what you mean. Part of the reason I am pushing so hard this summer is because I know that it is easier for me to lose in the summer with out the school stress. I am going to have to face it and get over it...so if you come up with any good tips let me know. I am starting a masters program and a full time internship in late Aug.

pokeycactus
07-09-2011, 01:54 PM
MadamB!!!! I love love love your new avatar. Very, very you. :) We were still in Washington when the epic dust storm swept through, but we saw it on the news, and then came home to a destroyed yard and pool. The pool is DISGUSTING from all of the dust, and there were branches down and deck furniture strewn everywhere. I'm so jealous of your zucchini - our growing season is about over, everything in the garden is completely scorched! No more zucchinis for us for awhile...maybe I'll have to come visit you and we can go zucchini picking together!!!! :devil:

Reso - You look INCREDIBLE!!!! :hug: You should be so proud, you really look amazing. I'm digging the suit!

So, hardcore ladies, I'm at 770 for the week!

But....and there's a big but....I gained a bunch of weight from vacation that hasn't gone all the way back down yet. I'm a little surprised because I worked out a lot on my vacation, and I've been working out since I got home. Aaaanyway, my fingers are swollen and I do have a sunburn so maybe that's a bit of a contributor? Sadly, I think I will be posting a gain this week, but it's not for lack of trying! *facepalm*

Me1stAllways
07-09-2011, 02:05 PM
What? ! ((shock-n-awe)) you all have never watched red dwarf!....oh gawd, oh dear gawd, I, I, Im, Im so distraught that I have no sarkastic banter to ramble on about.....horror, oh the horror.

*shack it off, gurl, shake it off. stay focused on your weight*
:D
Ok, rite , so lost another pound but the way my weight jumps all over the place im starting to get a lill bit pissey with my demonic scale quite frankly, so I believe that next week I will start the habbit of only stepping on my beast of burndon on Sundays.

k3ll3y.. The whole tennis thong ~ I think your my dopleganger cuz that sounds exactly like me and my life lol, nice to know Im not alone.

budgetbaby.. dont beat yourself up about it, yea ya *ucked up, so what, that was yesterday...now you have today, so pull up those big girl britches and take back control. you know what needs to be done ;)

celrea... I have also cut my "Biological" family outta my life and it is by far the healthyest thing I have ever done for myself. Now Im making my own family from dear friends, fiance, my teenager and a few kiddos I have fostered over the years. ((just cuz they spawned us, doesnt give them the rite to hurt us, in anyway)) :hug:

joesy... loma, I googled and appearantly ...not enuff to register a loss :D

Am farting around with the teens and fiance today, running round doing earrins and catching up on work stuff...
may work out later today, but will prob only be in the bedroom :drool: :cb: :val2:;)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Challenge accepted budget baby!! I say to be fair to everyone we start counting days on sunday! That way no one has a head start what say you kuri and budget?

BudgetBaby
07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
MadamB: Those are very good questions (and thank you for asking them). I've thought about this before. So, some of the answers I know.

Why did I cave so willingly? - Partly because for so many years, I automatically ate whenever in the presence of food. To do anything else is still unnatural to me. But mostly because I love the way I feel when I overeat, especially on 'fun' foods. As soon as I decide to overeat, I feel cheerful and relieved. As soon as I get the food, before I even take the first bite, I feel sooo relaxed and calm, it's just delightful. I'm not often aware of how much tension I carry until that moment when it eases. And then the food tastes good which is very pleasant and comforting.

But I am sick and tired of being fat and all the limitations it puts on my life.

I guess the key for me is that I have to figure out ways to get those needs met that don't pack on the pounds.

BudgetBaby
07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
LOL @ me1st: working out in the bedroom? You mean cause that's where you keep your treadmill, right? *all innocence*

Dreamer - Sunday works for me for the official start of the challenge. I'm fixin to beat you, of course. Just so you know. ;)

CourtneyDaisey
07-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Me1st - :cb: WOOT! You go girlfriend! ;) Bow chicka wow wow!

MadamB - Just got back from 2 hours at the gym pool. I took a look at my swimming time and realized that it's taking me more than a minute to swim the length of the 25 meter pool there. So I really put myself into it today and swam 60 laps during my 2 hours! That gets my time down to about a minute per lap! I want to do more than 60 next time I go! That works out to 1.86 miles added to my trek! :cheer: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming! ;)

It looks like rain outside. I don't want it to rain because I need to mow the yard tonight! Gotta get in those extra 4 miles and that time to catch the Hardcore Folks! Rain, rain, go away!

Sonofa......it's raining. :( It better stop soon!

IrishKat
07-09-2011, 03:52 PM
I have been in bed for a lot of the day. I had a horrible headache when I got up and had to take something for it. I did a small workout on the game after I got up because I was sore from yesterday. It is better now but the headache is worse than before. I still weighed 266.2 this morning so it will be the same starting weight that I gave. Pledging 1 pound. I'm going back to bed and taking stronger medicine.

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I did some lovely biking the other day! Getting faster still. I really need to figure out how to get more fiber in my diet. Trying whole grains and leafy things, but I still don't seem to get enough. Anyone have ideas?

SMSDREAMER2007: I'd honestly press charges or get a restraining order... this girl seems unstable! Maybe the threat was sent a long while ago, but it was still a threat and anyone doing so has clear issues. If she still holds a grudge and is willing to take physical action... just get a restraining order. >< Good for you to get the cops involved and not stoop to that "Jerry Springer" level. XD
I can also leave my ticker of days OP at 1 for now then. Sunday will be day #1! Monday #2 and so on... Lets all prove Sarge wrong!

Resolute: Log cabin, eh? You look very smashing in your suit, just needs a smile. And the skin isn't as bad as you think it is. =p
You are inspiring, even if you don't own up to it.

envelope: Summer is the perfect time for me to lose weight as well. No school, less work, more time to cook and no winter so I can bike and walk without FREEZING!
What masters are you going for?

IrishKat: Feel better. And don't worry about not losing, at least it wasn't a gain.

envelope
07-09-2011, 04:26 PM
kuri - Reading Specialist, with a Masters in Education. At the end of next summer I will have enough classes, experience, and will have passed (hopefully) the required Praxis to be a certified Reading Specialist. Then I will have 5 years to complete the remaining handful of classes to get my MEd.

dcap - NICE LOSS!

Irish - hope the meds make you feel better soon.

I spent the afternoon trying on clothes and cleaning out my closet. :0) I was pleasantly surprised that I now fit in almost everything in my closet. There are just a few pieces that will require a little more of a loss. I am going to put all of my tip money from working concerts and the money I earn from tutoring 2 times a week away so I get go on a shopping spree in Sept./Oct.

Resolute
07-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Reso-Nice watches! I like that red color, but that other one is cool since you can see the gears. Ahh, no wonder you buy a bunch--how could you choose!

Hope you are enjoying your summer Cheshire, whatever you do don't go browsing Ebay :p These watches are mechanical and need to be wound or worn to wind, you can here the tick tock, but yeah i just love watches, oh well it beats being addicted to gambling or drugs or some other badness. Plus they are actually pretty cheap off Ebay.

Here are the 3 i'm waiting for yet, oh boy oh boy, i love waiting for packages. :carrot:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4338/02019f.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4789/akw09705.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5237/w058k1.jpg

Anon : Watches never went out of style for me. :D Everyone tells me to just use a cell phone, how gay is that ? :mad:

Pokey : I'm wondering if you are pushing to hard with exercise now, i know when i go overboard my body stresses and clams up, do you have problems with stress ? Poor sleep ? Have you ever had your thyroid checked ? I do wish you would have an easier time of it. :hug:

Have been taking it a bit easy today, only did one walk so far and cleaned some house, going to head out and get a few things from the store and maybe look for a couple new shirts, just to make me feel better. :D

Have a good rest of the day, remember excuses are the root of all evil.

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I joined fitocracy... and I was wondering, what does everyone put for the Shred? I was thinking of breaking it up a little perhaps...>.>

CourtneyDaisey
07-09-2011, 05:45 PM
The rain did stop so I spent an hour trimming my mom's hedges in her front yard. Burned 272 calories doing that. Got stung by a wasp in the process. I haven't been stung since I was a kid. I'd forgotten how bad that hurts! OUCH! Still, it's fine now. Good thing I'm not allergic to bee and wasp stings! I am hoping to do something with my own yard when I get home! Boy did I sweat up a storm trimming hedges! Oh, and no use of a chainsaw here. Manual clippers only! ;)

Hardcore Folks - I am up to 420 minutes of exercise for the week! I am working my way up to you all! :running:

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Hedge trimming... Don't try this at HOME! (http://www.youtube.com/stevemcgranahan#p/u/11/dyWzk31p3lk)
You need a youtube account to see it... it's "The most dangerous video on Youtube" CRAZY

ANYWAY!
I am so sore doing all those fitocracy quests. XD I had to make my own "barbell"

Want to catch K3ll3y...<.<

Need to figure out how to put THE SHRED on there. XD
Need to do a sport for 30 minutes...>.> Once the rain stops... soon...

Jeanettey
07-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Courtney - I'm only at 540 minutes so I think you may catch me today.

This smilies for you..... http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/sport070.gif

Madambutt - :lol: I am soooooooooo glad you liked the buns I posted. Looks like you figured out how to copy it. I love it as your avatar butt :lol: I would like to say I loved your other avatar too. I don't know if you just copied it or not butt :lol: I thought I'd say you can always right click on an image in order to copy and paste it into a post.

Me1stAllways
07-09-2011, 07:38 PM
What? ! ((shock-n-awe)) you all have never watched red dwarf!....oh gawd, oh dear gawd, I, I, Im, Im so distraught that I have no sarkastic banter to ramble on about.....horror, oh the horror.

*shack it off, gurl, shake it off. stay focused on your weight*
:D
Ok, rite , so lost another pound but the way my weight jumps all over the place im starting to get a lill bit pissey with my demonic scale quite frankly, so I believe that next week I will start the habbit of only stepping on my beast of burndon on Sundays.

k3ll3y.. The whole tennis thing ~ I think your my doppleganger cuz that sounds exactly like me and my life lol, nice to know Im not alone.

budgetbaby.. dont beat yourself up about it, yea you *ucked up, so what, that was yesterday...now you have today, so pull up those big girl britches and take back control. you know what needs to be done ;)

celrea... I have also cut my "Biological" family outta my life and it is by far the healthyest thing I have ever done for myself. Now Im making my own family from dear friends, fiance, my teenager and a few kiddos I have fostered over the years. ((just cuz they spawned us, doesnt give them the rite to hurt us, in anyway)) :hug:

joesy... loma, I googled and appearantly ...not enuff to register a loss :D

Am farting around with the teens and fiance today, running round doing earrins and catching up on work stuff...
may work out later today, but will prob only be in the bedroom :drool: :cb: :val2:;)

dcapulet
07-09-2011, 07:58 PM
envelope : how exciting! i love find closet clothes that fit.

going to take my brand new trainers (runners) out for a spin. I bought them right before finals, and now want to see what these babies can do!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-09-2011, 08:34 PM
baby HA! I will beat you! muahahaha

Kuri.. sounds great!

sleepy atm, veerryy sleepy. Just walked for like 3 hrs straight or it feels like it, was more like an hr and a half 3rd day in a row for it. my feet hate me now.

Jeanettey
07-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Madambutter - I got something else for you. Hope you like it!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/zucchiniduck.jpg

Size isn't everything you know. Sometimes it's about the shape. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/zuchini.gif

peanutt
07-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey platoon. Just a quick update to let you all know that I'm in sick bay this week recovering from an unexpected surgery. I've been in hospital since Wednesday night and will hopefully go home tomorrow. Will update more then. But I'm doing well now, recovering nicely and feeling better. But I'll be laid up in sick bay for a few weeks. :(

rainbowsmiles
07-09-2011, 09:31 PM
:hug:Hey platoon. Just a quick update to let you all know that I'm in sick bay this week recovering from an unexpected surgery. I've been in hospital since Wednesday night and will hopefully go home tomorrow. Will update more then. But I'm doing well now, recovering nicely and feeling better. But I'll be laid up in sick bay for a few weeks. :(

will keep you in my prayers dear friend :hug: i hope all is well and that you will soon be back to your jovial self leading the platoon with sarge sir :drill: please take extra good care and drink your water!!! cheers :rain: rainMiles!!

envelope
07-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Oh no Peanutt, what happened? We will be thinking of you.

I am about to hit a high of 20,000 steps in 1 day! Jogging 6 miles this morning certainly helped.

pokeycactus
07-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Peanutt! Feel better soon, friend!!!!!! I hope everything is okay.

celrae
07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks everyone- I feel strong now and I appreciate all of your support. Last night all of my anxiety was too much, having a place to vent helped a lot. I needed the :hug:.

spicymedicine94
07-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Peanutt- feel better soon. I Hope nothing serious is wrong.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-09-2011, 11:28 PM
jeanette- haha thats cute!!

Peanutt - oh no! Feel better soon!!!!

Made a yummy yummy HUGE salad for dinner and only 325 cals including dressing YUM!

JoyfulVegGirl
07-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Ok... I think I can beat at least one quest every day this week. I hope. We'll see. Do they add more quests are time goes by, or is it a once you're done you're done thing?

envelope, good job on "accidently" getting in 6 miles instead of 4. I like your logic. It is definitely harder to lose weight while in school, but I keep telling myself that it's doable. Just gotta plan ahead.

Reso, oh my gosh, what an incredible transformation! Seriously, I've been impressed reading about your mileage totals, but your before and afters are just amazing. Looking pretty good in a suit there, guy :) Nice watches.

BudgetBaby, you can do it!

kurisitaru, I've been breaking the shred up into basic components and then saving it as a routine. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but it does make it easier to not have to log every single thing every time. Good job on the barbell! I made my own pull-up bar. These quests are addictive.

peanutt, oh no! Hope it's not anything too serious. Take care of yourself. :hug:

Got done with my hike, had some delicious veggie sushi, and now I'm off to go for a run and then look at some stars! It's been a good day.

Resolute
07-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Peanutt : So sorry to here, funny how everything can be turned on it's ear by lifes tribulations, you are now the third person to need surgery in this thread, we need to form a recovery group :D, do hope you are not enduring much pain or strife. :hug:

Joyfulveggirl : Thanks, i find the exercise to be a great stress release to be honest, If you want to get serious make it routine as in every single day, soon you will have difficulty dropping a day because it becomes comforting.

kurisitaru : LOL, no not a log cabin, my house, i bought it this way, actually kind of like it to be honest, small but mine, sometimes you need to live within your means, maybe not smashing but certainly half ways repectable, hey at least i can wear it now. ;)

I walked 6.2 miles earlier and biked right around 15 miles this late afternoon, so 21.2 today and 99.5 this week, bleh... Good enough :D

MadamButterfly
07-10-2011, 12:42 AM
GOOD NITE TROOPS . . . It's been a LOOOOOOOONG week and weigh-ins tomorrow . . . one more day of work . . . (7 in a row, YUK)

Peanut: Glad you're feeling better . . . we miss you!!

dcap: GREAT LOSS!!

Jeanettey: LOVE THE DUCK, yes shape is definitely a factor :o

OK, toooo tired to post more, off to bed

Good luck with weigh-ins tomorrow!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Just wanted to share...I'm in a bit of a depressive spell atm..not my fave or best thing to do. Here is the good point tho, I am noticing...I don't want to eat...I used to emotionally eat and eat and eat...I think hmm..lets eat then I go umm..no I don't wanna...I don't feel like it. Interesting tho.

dcapulet
07-10-2011, 02:25 AM
madam - thanks :)

Peanutt - feel better!

dreamer - i read your other post. feel better too!

100 minutes in today :)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks dcapulet ;) I am trying..just glad the binge monster isn't getting at me.

MadamButterfly
07-10-2011, 07:55 AM
REVILLE

COMES EARLY ATT

MADAMGOOEYB'S BOOT CAMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45K...1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFHT...eature=related

TIME TO

RISE & SHINE

TROOPS!!

OK, I'm hitting the rack for another hour or so . . . ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

celrae
07-10-2011, 08:46 AM
-.5. pledge 1, 27.15 miles, pledge 20, 640 min. exercise, pledge 700

K3LL3Y
07-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Checkin in Madam Sarge!

-1.2/ pledge 1/ 10 miles
completed 30 day shred 5 times

K3LL3Y
07-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Poor Peanutt :(

My shred buddy, I hope you are feeling better today and are allowed to go home. Let us know how you are doing. You know we're all here for you.

Iianae
07-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Sunday July 10th.

First "Official weigh-in"

pledge 1 pound loss this coming week.

iianae

CourtneyDaisey
07-10-2011, 09:08 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

Rise and shine! Up an at 'em! Yes, you too MadamB! ;) It's hard to lead the troops if you're snoozing! Hahahaha!

Okay, time to weigh in. 245.0 was on the scale this morning. Yeah, that's a gain of 1.2 pounds. :( I sat back and look a serious look at my week. Where did I screw up? I didn't work out two days back to back. I let my stress get to me and take over. I can't do that. Now that I know where I went wrong, I can get myself under control!

This Week: gained 1.2 lbs.
Next Week's Pledge: 3 lbs.
Hardcore Workout Minutes This Week: 420
Miles Trekked this Week: 9.41 miles

I am still going to keep my 14 mile goal for next week. I need 3 pounds gone and 14 miles under my belt next week! Now, off to start burnin' that BUTT-er!

AnonymouslyYours
07-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Lost: .4/ Pledge: 2/ Trekked: 9

Pledging 2 next week

AnonymouslyYours
07-10-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm sorry for my poor performance. I didn't eat more than 1400 cals, so I will exercise more next week. I let me weight training totally go this week for absolutely no reason other than I was being lazy. I will work out 6 days this week. 4 of those will include weight training. 3 will include cardio (c25k week 8). I will keep my calories between 1300-1400 so I KNOW that I am not eating too little.

JayTee
07-10-2011, 09:15 AM
WAKIE WAKIE TROOPS!!! IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2087089.jpg

MadamGooey--Thanks for "manning" the thread while Sarge was off base (literally and figuratively)...btw, I clicked the link you left above. It doesn't work and says you're a "malformed video." I've often thought of you like that. :-)

Dreamer -- Way to avoid the binge monster. Again, anyone who has those binge cravings and doesn't understand or know what your up against, google and watch the show Addicted to Food...after a few episodes you'll come away with a huge understanding of the psychological issues involved.

Peanutt-- Ruh-oh scooby doo! Poor baby. Reso is right. We need a surgical recovery unit here!

Celrae--Saw you minutes and pledge minutes. It's funny. I see 700 minutes pledged and I think while that's really only 20 minutes more spread over the week, but WOW doesn't 700 minutes look and sound impressive!?!?!?!

Dcap nice loss on that early report. Funny how little comments stick in Sarge's mind. Still love the "shut up and do the work!"

Me1st--Between your salutes, your witty banter, and OMG now your siggy I've noticed. Is that a pole dancer slider you've created in your siggy?!?!?!

POKEY -- Get Me1st's pole dancer!

Just saw some results rolling in....perhaps not as good a week as last, but we shall examine and march on! Sounds like a couple of you are starting to learn that yes, this weight loss thing is an EVERY DAY battle no matter what life throws at us. I view weight loss as a bit similar to E. Kubler-Ross stages of grief:
Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Anger (why is this happening to me?)
Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
Depression (I don't care anymore)
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

Personally, Sarge is at the acceptance stage. I know Reso and a few other platoon members are there as well. We've "accepted" that this healthier lifestyle is an everyday thing we now do. I hope you all get to that stage as quickly as possible because it's really a rather relaxing place to be. You don't hate your scale, you don't avoid foods like the plague, you can have little treats now and then, and your exercise time is your happy place.

Ok, that's long winded...time to start adding pounds and miles! Pledge board update in a bit.

envelope
07-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Today is by daughters' 6th birthday party. They are so excited! It is going to be a nice day to be at the pool for 4 hours of celebration.

Hope you all have a good day.

envelope
07-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Lost: 2.8/ Pledge: 2/ Trekked: 24.95

Welcome back Sarge!

AnonymouslyYours
07-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Envelope -- Congrats on the weight loss!! Have fun with your family today and Happy Birthday to your daughter! :)

Iianae -- I have added you to the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&authkey=CIOe6aQF&hl=en_US#gid=0) so that you can track your miles trekked and pledges and stuff.

On the sheet, you will see tabs along the bottom. The first tab is "Platoon Total" the second tab says "Anon" and then they continue on in alphabetical order. Locate your tab at the bottom and click on it.

I have already input your starting weight and the pledge you have made for this week. This week you should ONLY edit the PURPLE cells under the days of the week. These track your miles trekked, so as you get your trek on, just put it in the appropriate day. Next Sunday, when you weigh in, you will edit the PINK cells and put in what you weigh on Sunday, as well as your pledge for the following week.

rmc9142
07-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Lost: 2.6/ Pledge: 2/ Trekked: 81.5

rmc9142
07-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Morning troops!

envelope, congrats on the loss. Have a fun day celebrating - but not TOO much fun.

Peanutt, hope you're home and feeling better soon. Take care of yourself!

K3LL3Y, you are really motivating me in the exercise department - wtg!

Dreamer, congrats on not turning to food; that's real growth. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sarge, love your comparison to Kubler-Ross' stages of grief. I'm finding that in order to be successful at making this a real lifestyle change (and not just another diet), I have to change more than just my eating and exercise habits. It's as much about changing my head as it is my body.

Rated, sorry you had a tough week. Since you already know that school is going to make things tougher, make a plan right now for this coming week. School isn't going to magically change, so it's up to you - BE THE CHANGE! I ended the week with 595 minutes of purposeful exercise. I probably won't be that high next week, since vacation is over - let the competition begin. (I believe Sarati declined to continue with our threesome :( We'll miss you Sarati, but you know what's best.)

I had a good week, though as I mentioned, I'll be glad to get back to my regular routine tomorrow. I won't have as much free time, so I'll need to make a definite plan. I also need to find a better balance. Between here, fitocracy, mydailyplate, etc., I find I can spend hours "talking" about this. I need to spend less time writing and talking and more time DOING!!

Have a great day everyone!

jojotheyoyo
07-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I only treked 15 miles this week. Lots of reasons, but no excuse. So that means I redouble my efforts this week. Are we still in Colorado? Hoping to get in 25 m. this week. :dizzy: J.

MadamButterfly
07-10-2011, 10:16 AM
AMEN RMC!!!!

QUOTE from RMC: I also need to find a better balance. Between here, fitocracy, mydailyplate, etc., I find I can spend hours "talking" about this. I need to spend less time writing and talking and more time DOING!!

SARGE: Welcome back, ummmmmm most of the troops are in tact . . . :lol3: Blasted, I am so technically challenged I can't even copy and past a silly You Tube video <sigh> will work on this . . .

josey
07-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I will catch up later but here are my results:

Lost: zero :-( / pledge: 2lbs / trekked: 8

JayTee
07-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Pledges 7/3-7/9

Courtney = 3 /// (+1.2)
Anon = 2 /// (-.4)
Celrae = 1 /// (-.5)
K3 = 2 /// (-1.2)
Me1st = 1 (?)
RMC = 2 /// (-2.6)
Josey=2 /// - 0 -
Peanutt = 1.5
BNH = 2 /// (-1)
MadamB = 1.8 /// (-1.4)
Rated = 1.8 /// (+1.6)
Pokey = 1 /// ---
BudgetBaby = 3 /// (+3.8)
Dreamer = 1 /// (-1)
Munchey = 2 /// (-2)
Kuri = 1 /// (-1)
Chesh = 2 /// (-1.5)
Dcap = 2 /// (-2.5)
Sarati = 1.5
Jeanettey = 3 /// -0-
Reso = 2
Diyana= 2 /// (+2)
Serina = 2
Awaiting = 3
Tubak = 1.5

Newbie:
JoyfulV= 2 /// (-3)
Flo= 2 /// (-4.2)
spicy = 2

Maintainers:
Sarge
Yoyo
Kendra
Rainbow
Chick = Sick Bay

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 53.6 //// Net Loss so far = 15.7

Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 = 1
Courtney = 3
Anon = 2
Envelope = 2
RMC = 2
Josey = 2
Diyana = 2
Budget = 5
Flo = 2
Chick = 2
BNH = 2
Pokey = 3.2 (Sorry Pokey, Sarge only accepting 1/2 your pledge!)
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Chesh = 1.5
JoyfulV = 2
Jeanettey = 1
Munchey = 2
Rated = 1
Kuri = 2

Newbie:
Irish = 1
Mya =
Iiane = 1
Sakurai =

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo
Rainbow

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Pokey ( 770 min.), Courtney ( 420 min.), Celrae ( 640 min), Jeanettey (540)

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Courtney (-10.2), Jeanettey (-5), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-5.6)

Madam B (8.2) vs. Bnh (8.5) vs. Chesh (9.5) vs. Peanutt (8): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (x1) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Budget Baby = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

COMPLETED (3,352.39) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/l/blwebwalkingadt.htm

Sarge (47.41 /429.63), X
Pokey (52 /217.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (27.5 / 163.56),
K3 (10 / 86),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (3 / 44.9),
Reso (80 /517.3), X
Cheshire (42 / 184),
MadamB (69.66 /457.86),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 115),
Tmil (6)
Sarati (21.34 / 64.58)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 8 / 20 )
Rmc = (81.5 / 204)
Me1st = (7.91 / 10.91)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (9 / 16.68)
Munchey = (15 / 30)
Kuri = (12.85 / 28.85)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)
Flo = (11 / 11)
Joyful = (25.5 / 25.5)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney, Rated

diyana
07-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Sarge...um...I don't know what "punishments" you dole out....KP? Pushups?

I GAINED 2lbs. WTF? I know my eating wasn't 100% perfect, but I did burn/melt butter. I have had more salty foods than normal the past few days.

Anyway....GAINED 2 lbs....Pledge to lose 2 and to trek 5 miles this week in 15 minute bursts due to my back.

Sorry.

BudgetBaby
07-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Gain 3.8 / Pledge 5

Resolute
07-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Sarge...um...I don't know what "punishments" you dole out....KP? Pushups?

I GAINED 2lbs. WTF? I know my eating wasn't 100% perfect, but I did burn/melt butter. I have had more salty foods than normal the past few days.

Anyway....GAINED 2 lbs....Pledge to lose 2 and to trek 5 miles this week in 15 minute bursts due to my back.

Sorry.

Could be your weigh in day is just high, typically my weight bounces all over the place during the week, after tonights weigh in it will determine which day i use, right now it is wednesdays which showed my low for the week, 2 pounds down, although i don't weigh every single day probably around 5 times a week average, i know roughly how my body will behave now though.

i've lost most of my weight by calorie counting, clean eating, and just simple old walking, i do more now but walking is my rock i lean on to carry me to the promised land, it hasn't let me down yet. :)

diyana
07-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks, Reso! With my back the way it is, I can only walk in 15 minute bursts (sometimes 20 min. if I'm lucky), then everything LOCKS UP and I have to sit and rest. But two months ago, I couldn't walk for 5 minutes without pain, so I am improving. :) I do better with water aerobics (30-60 min) or Ball Zumba (30 min). But I'm working on gradually building up the amount of time I can walk.

floann
07-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Newbie checking in:

Lost: 4.2/Pledge: 2 /Trekked: 11 Miles

floann
07-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Can't figure out what I am doing wrong with the tracker

diyana
07-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Peanutt - I wish for you a speedy, painless and complete recovery. Feel better soon. :hug:

chickadee32
07-10-2011, 12:39 PM
trekked: 3 miles
pledge: 1 lb

bnhtla06
07-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Lost: 1
Pledge: 2
Trekked: 16 miles
Side challenge: 7.5 to go

chickadee32
07-10-2011, 12:52 PM
peanut: I'm so sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, and have been in the hospital. :( I hope you are doing ok and are resting comfortably, and I hope you'll be able to get back home soon and work on your recovery in more familiar surroundings. :hug: Please take care.

I may have pushed myself a little too much on Thursday when I did an hour of walking (even though it was very slow walking!), as I've been feeling less well the past two days. Lesson learned - as much as I want to be back to normal NOW, I need to take things slowly and be patient. I've been trying to get some rest and feel better again, and I am hoping to go back to work for a half day tomorrow - as long as my regular pants button around my stomach, lol. The scale is down again though and that's good, so I'm pledging a pound for the coming week.

I hope everyone has a great weigh-in today, and is looking forward to a healthy week!

pokeycactus
07-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Checking in...

Lost: I actually gained this week...*facepalm*
Miles: 52
Hardcore minutes: 770
Pledge: 6.4 (gotta lose the vacation weight)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-10-2011, 12:55 PM
-1/pledge 1

pledge for next week - 1

pokeycactus
07-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Ugh, what an embarrassing weigh in....On Thursday morning (the morning after we got back from vacation) I weighed in at 214. Holy smokes. I was expecting some gain, but not like that, especially with as much as I worked out over the week. So confused...

This morning, I'm at 208.4 and want to get back down to 202 by the end of the week.

It's all good, my spirits are high and I'm in a good mood, which is a good mindset to get the vacation weight GONE this week!!!

I'm off to teach youth group and go to church, so I'll check in with you guys a bit later!!! :D

MadamButterfly
07-10-2011, 01:37 PM
SARGE: REPORTING WITH THE RED DEVIL SALUTE:

Loss: 1.4/Pledge 1/Trekked: 69.66

rmc9142
07-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey floann, you just need to add this to the end of the code for your tracker: [/img] [/url]

BudgetBaby
07-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Way to go, everyone who attacked it this week!

I earned my gain, but for the couple of folks who worked hard and gained or maintained, I do believe that eventually what we do will show on the scale.

When I've lost weight before, I noticed that sometimes after a week when I'd been diligent about my food and exercise, I didn't always see it on the scale. But often, in the next week or two, it would show up as a delayed loss. I think the body just wants to hang on sometimes.

Cheshirecat
07-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Morning Troops!

Loss: -1.5
Pledge: 1.5
Trekked: 42 miles

Challenge: 149-1.5= 147.5! Yay. (9.5 lbs to go!)

BudgetBaby
07-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I share this, because I'm guessing some folks can relate:

I've been going to church for about a year now. I work a lot of Sundays, but when I'm off, I go. It's a little old church with ancient furnishings. You know, from back when the average person wasn't a fat person?

I was running late this morning. Hate that. Since I was late, I went to sit in the balcony seating rather than disrupt by walking in the main seating area. Never been up there before. No pews up there. Little old fashioned wooden theater seats with arms. I could see right away it wasn't going to be comfortable, but I tried. Forget uncomfortable. I couldn't fit at all. I unwedged myself and went back downstairs.

Now, here is the great thing about being forty. Fifteen, twenty years ago, maybe even ten years ago, I'd have been embarrassed. I probably would have left and gone home. I might have even cried. I'm forty. I've been fat a long time. And, while I don't want to stay fat, in the meantime, I don't want to miss one single thing I don't have to miss because I'm fat. So, I said (to myself) 'eff it, I'm going to church.'

And I did. And the morning was a good morning. And I am on plan today. :)

MadamButterfly
07-10-2011, 02:58 PM
OOOOPS

Forgot about the challenge :D, SORRY SARGE!!

9.6-1.4= 8.2 pounds to go . . .

I'm gonna catch you all . . . SO YOU BETTER BEEF UP YOUR BUTT-ER . . .

MadamButterfly
07-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Ok,

Biking: Complete (17 miles)
Crunches: 400
Now off to work and will try to get on that 1914 model treadmill . . . :yikes:

Everyone have a GREAT DAY . . .

Pokey, clean out that pool, that ought to burn those excess pleasure pounds right off you :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45KgHYJ7M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFHTtQNgQA&feature=related

Oh, oh, oh . . . I think I DID IT!!! A day late and a dollar short . . . <story of my life>

JoyfulVegGirl
07-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Loss: -3.0/Pledge 2/Trekked 25.5

Where's the dancing zucchini emoticon when you need one?

Off to go unlock another Quest! (Oy vey).

josey
07-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey platoon. Just a quick update to let you all know that I'm in sick bay this week recovering from an unexpected surgery. I've been in hospital since Wednesday night and will hopefully go home tomorrow. Will update more then. But I'm doing well now, recovering nicely and feeling better. But I'll be laid up in sick bay for a few weeks. :(

Oh no!! Peanutt! Get well soon!!!

josey
07-10-2011, 03:59 PM
@envelope sorry, I already dropped the ball on our challenge but I will work on next week! Congrats on your loss!

@Anon running today. Late afternoon probably. I will report back.

This week sucked!!! Work stress, worrying about my kitty and no weight loss. Aarrgh! I think the stress and worry definitely mess up my weigh in. I was on plan and was running W7 pretty well and still no loss.

I heard stress can hinder weight loss. Well this week was crappy as h***!!! My cat got attacked Sunday morning and has some puncture wounds on his back and we weren't sure if he will make it. Yesterday was the first day it looked like he is getting over it. I am worried sick about my little kitty! At least I didn't binge on it. I wasn't even in the mood to eat, I just ate to use up my points everyday. BF gained and is devastated. He also had a tough week at work and was worrying about the cat. But he topped it with late night dinners and short nights.

Oh well, today starts a new week. Let's hope it is better.

Jeanettey
07-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Checking in,

pledged 3 / lost 0 / pledge 1 next week :(

Hardcore minutes - 540

diyana
07-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh, Josey! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. That's awful! I can totally understand about the stress and worry you and your bf are feeling. Good for you for not binge-ing on it. I hope he gets better soon. :hug:

Jeanettey
07-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Peanut - :getwell:

Envelope - Have fun :celebrate:....:swim:

Chickadee - Welcome back, take it easy :hug:

MadamB - Loved the reveille U tubes :coach:

Joyful - Here's a dancer for your 3 lbs, way to go! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/zuchini.gif

Josey - Little awkward asking an obvious question but, did you take your kitty to the vet. Sometimes we don't know if a animal can just heal on their own or not but having had a lot of experience with cat punctures, they can get infected easily. Hope he/she is doing better soon! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cat.gif

B-Baby - Yup I'm seeing that too, My body is also hanging onto it right now too. Also, I am very pair shaped so I understand the (will I fit in that chair? issue). I feel ya! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif

Jeanettey
07-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Hardcore ladies - We had a great week!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/1stbig.gif Pokey at 770 Minutes :woohoo:

As for Celrae, Courtney and me....We really moved our buns this week!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif

Way to move it, move it ladies!!! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/grouphug2.gif

pokeycactus
07-10-2011, 04:55 PM
:) Thanks, Jeanettey! Gotta put in a lot of time to beat you girls!

munchey
07-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Munchey here, reporting actuals for 7-3-11 thru 7-9-11 :

Weight loss = 2 lbs - Current wt. 227 (Can't wait to get under 220)
Walking = met 15 mile goal
Body Parts = I failed this goal this week, I'll recover next week
My goals for 7-10-11 thru 7-16-11 are:
Weight loss = 2 lbs.
Walking = 15 miles
Exercise Body Parts = 15 minutes, 5 days

celrae
07-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Hardcore ladies - We had a great week!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/1stbig.gif Pokey at 770 Minutes :woohoo:

As for Celrae, Courtney and me....We really moved our buns this week!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/cowdance.gif

Way to move it, move it ladies!!! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/grouphug2.gif

Heck yeah! I am very proud of my efforts. Next will rock! Thanks Gals.:D

munchey
07-10-2011, 05:10 PM
THOUGHT I'D SHARE THIS WITH THE TROOPS, MUNCHEY
3. Take Omega 7 Supplements

1. ICE WATER: Here’s a surprise: drinking ice water is good for you and forces your body to burn calories by bringing your body temperature back to normal. Eight glasses of ice water a day works off 70 calories. Drink ice water before a meal to feel fuller quicker.

2.GREEN TEA: Go Green to Get Lean
Green tea contains an amazing phytonutrient called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) that increases the hormone CCK (cholecystokinin), which is responsible for creating the feeling of satiation. Feeling full between meals is the greatest weapon against the battle of the bulge. EGCG also stimulates your metabolism by activating thermogenesis, which means your cells are burning energy – including fat!

How well does it work?
In the short-term, this may help you feel satiated for 2-4 hours, depending on what kind of meal you ate recently. Over the long-term, if you drink green tea daily, it will help prevent storage of excess fat and improve your body’s fat-burning ability. Because it also affects your appetite-regulating hormones, it can change how your body metabolizes food and handles cravings.

When should I take it?
EGCG liquid or tablets are a great tool to keep in your purse or pocket so you can avoid cravings when out shopping or at work. You can drink tea before, after and between meals

Note: Whole-leaf green tea contains fluoride that may disrupt thyroid function so consider taking EGCG extract if you suffer from hypothyroidism.

What is So Special About the Acai Berry? The Acai Berry can help a person lose weight since this substance in a pure form triggers the metabolism to burn more calories. The Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids found in Acai Berry help increase the metabolic rate of the body which causes the person to shed pounds effortlessly. People who wonder will I lose weight using Acai Berries should note that these berries are very rich in fiber hence consuming Acai Berries help a person feel full. The fiber in the Acai Berry also moves the food properly through the gastrointestinal track which in turn does not let excess food get converted to fat.

You can get the benefits of omega-7's without the risk of old people smell by taking omega-7 supplements.
Your body does not need omega-7's to function. Certain, specific omega-7's have desired health effects. Taking omega-7 supplements gives you the health benefits without causing accumulation of omega-7's in your skin.

And no matter what your age, omega-7 supplements can provide essential health benefits, especially in weight loss and cholesterol control. Omega-7's in supplement form can be the non-essential fatty acid that is essential to your health.

NAUGHTY

Sakurai
07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, count me in, Sarge!!! :yes:

Goal: 3 lbs this week; 5+ days of exercise, with 15+ miles, and 5+ rounds of weights.
I bounced up a little (191 yesterday after 3 days back in hometown eating things I missed this last year!) so I hopefully can get it back off right away.

My exercise plan WORKS perfectly for me. I feel like I'm missing out on my relaxation time if I don't go to the gym.

I take my favorite addicting book to the gym and read while I jog on elliptical (easier than treadmill to read, and better on my crappy joints!) and I DONT let myself feel guilty or rushed for spending AS LONG AS I WANT TO on the machine, zoning out in a good book with energetic music in my headphones. It works perfectly for me! I saw changes in my body after day 3, and can see a huuuuge change in my body already and it's only been 2 weeks :carrot:

AnonymouslyYours
07-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Josey -- Oh, that's awful about your cat! I am glad to hear that he was starting to do a little better and I hope that trend has continued since your last post and continues until he's all better. I finished week 7, also. Excited to start week 8 in the morning. Let me know how it goes tonight!

Peanutt -- I hope you get well soon!!

Jeanettey
07-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Sarge - I feel like I'm somewhere around Bargaining and depression. I can be so committed one day and not caring the next. I am an emotional eater with a lot of problems in home life right now. It can be a real roller coaster when your the only one who really wants change for yourself. I really appreciate this group and all you do to keep me (us) going. I definitely do better on the days when I'm checking in here. Thank you so much for your support. And your not going to like this but,.......prepare for your eyes to bleed.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/helpedme.jpg

Rated
07-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Gained 1.6/ pledge 1

SMSDREAMER2007
07-10-2011, 06:10 PM
jeanettey- I hear ya I am the only one who wants me to change here so its hard...the rest of them who ALL need to lose weight too just dont care and dont get why I am doing it, I know the stress of living here is not helping my weight loss goals any :\ I am only doing the best I can and hoping and praying :hug: whatever obstacles we are thrown we can overcome and be healthier in the end!

kurisitaru
07-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Lost: 1/ Pledged: 2/ Trekked: 12.85

Huzzah for losing that holiday gain I was so very worried about. + a lb!
I'm going to work my way up that leader board... grrrrrrrrrr

I have the day off so I think I'll go for a nice LOOONG bike ride and come back to weights and Jillian work outs...

I plan to lose 2lbs next week! I wonder if I can do it...

Jeanettey
07-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Dreamer Ė Thanks for the support! Count me in on the 100 day challenge.

I am feeling very committed to my goals today so Iím going all out. Maybe my goals are unrealistic but I donít want to half a** it. For me thatís a recipe for copouts and excuses and besides I came here for NO EXCUSES. Iím really going for it. My daily requirements, to be on plan, will be;

Within calorie range
100oz water
Take vitamins
30 Minutes exercise minimum
And post daily

Good luck to my fellow challengers. Letís work hard, be focused and rock this! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/rock.gif

JayTee
07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm just gonna let the Big Pledge Board speak for itself:

Pledges 7/3-7/9

Courtney = 3 /// (+1.2)
Anon = 2 /// (-.4)
Celrae = 1 /// (-.5)
K3 = 2 /// (-1.2)
Me1st = 1 /// (+2)
RMC = 2 /// (-2.6)
Josey=2 /// - 0 -
Peanutt = 1.5
BNH = 2 /// (-1)
MadamB = 1.8 /// (-1.4)
Rated = 1.8 /// (+1.6)
Pokey = 1 /// ---
Dreamer = 1 /// (-1)
Munchey = 2 /// (-2)
Kuri = 1 /// (-1)
Chesh = 2 /// (-1.5)
Dcap = 2 /// (-2.5)
Sarati = 1.5 /// (-1.5)
Jeanettey = 3 /// -0-
Reso = 2 /// (-2)
Diyana= 2 /// (+2)
Serina = 2
Awaiting = 3
Tubak = 1.5 /// (-.6)

Newbie:
JoyfulV= 2 /// (-3)
Flo= 2 /// (-4.2)
spicy = 2 /// (-3.5)

Maintainers:
Sarge
Yoyo
Kendra
Rainbow
Chick = Sick Bay

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 53.6 //// NET LOSS SO FAR = 21.3

Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 = 1
Courtney = 3
Anon = 2
Envelope = 2
RMC = 2
Josey = 2
Diyana = 2
Budget = 5
Flo = 2
Chick = 1
BNH = 2
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Chesh = 1.5
JoyfulV = 2
Jeanettey = 1
Munchey = 2
Rated = 1
Kuri = 2
Spice = 2
Sarati = 1.5
Me1st = 1
Reso = 2
Tubak = 1.5
FloAnn = 2

Newbie:
Irish = 1
Mya = 2
Iiane = 1
Sakurai = 3

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo
Rainbow

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Pokey ( 770 min.), Courtney ( 420 min.), Celrae ( 640 min), Jeanettey (540)

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Courtney (-10.2), Jeanettey (-5), Me1st (-2), Diyana (-5.6)

Madam B (8.2) vs. Bnh (8.5) vs. Chesh (9.5) vs. Peanutt (8): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (x2) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Budget Baby vs. Jeanettey = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

COMPLETED (3,481.42) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Sarge (47.41 /429.63), X
Pokey (52 /217.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (27.5 / 163.56),
K3 (10 / 86),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (3 / 44.9),
Reso (99.5 /616.8), X
Cheshire (42 / 184),
MadamB (69.66 /457.86),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 115),
Tmil (6)
Sarati (16.92 / 81.5)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 8 / 20 )
Rmc = (81.5 / 204)
Me1st = (11.92 / 22.83)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (9 / 16.68)
Munchey = (15 / 30)
Kuri = (12.85 / 28.85)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)
Flo = (11 / 11)
Joyful = (25.5 / 25.5)

BL Summer Challengers

JayTee
07-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome Sakuri!!! Sarge thinks you may be in for a rough week with us! Me thinks the platoon rested on their big fat laurels from last weeks awesome total loss.

I don't want to bring down the big losers reporting in so far!!!! Congrats to those pulling big numbers! The platoon THANKS YOU for carrying us on your backs this week!

K3-- Sarge has you so in his fitocracy sites! He'll be spending less time chit chatting here and more time chasing you this week! Better watch your back! And JoyfulV -- don't think I don't see you creeping up, using a fake name even! lol!

mya
07-10-2011, 07:21 PM
CW: 202 lb
Pledged: 2 lb

munchey: Really, 70 calories? I read somewhere you had to drink a ton of ice water to burn like five calories. I drink green tea sometimes, but not daily. It tastes sooo bad :(

My plan this week is to eat 1250 to 1350 calories and exercise for at least 1 hour, six days of the week.
I still have to move my butt today to get my calorie burn over 2700, off I go!

spicymedicine94
07-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I lost 3.5 lbs this week. 1.5 more than I pledged!
Pledging 2 lbs again for next week

K3LL3Y
07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
K3-- Sarge has you so in his fitocracy sites! He'll be spending less time chit chatting here and more time chasing you this week! Better watch your back! And JoyfulV -- don't think I don't see you creeping up, using a fake name even! lol!

Oh man! Sarge is out to get me! I better kick up my game this week and get in those challenges. :D

josey
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks everybody for the well wishes. He is quite active today and I think on the mend.

@Dreamer: I think you are amazing. Having people around you that don't support your weight loss while they need to work on it too must be hard. I think you are the smart one here and very brave. It is hard even when you have support and people who join you. Keep it up! And remember, you can count on us! We will support you and we will cheer you on!

@Sakuri Welcome!!

@Sarge Would you please update the side challenge? envelope is leading by one. Boohoo. I am such a loser. Not! :-) She is!!

@Jeanettey We didn't take him to the vet. Two reasons: 1. He wouldn't let us lift or hold him. And he absolutely won't get into a crate without freaking out anyways as well as he hates car rides. He was quite stressed out as it is. 2. Vets (in my opinion) are terrible here. They just try to upsell their services and they medicate like crazy. I don't like that. My BF is a zoologist and knows a lot about animal care. We monitored the wounds and his behaviour and will take him to the vet if it turns to the worse for sure.

@Anon I am sweating up a storm here, even after I took a shower. I completed W8D1 and it wasn't too bad. As pretty much always, I had a rough start but was fine after 8 minutes. I could have done 30 minutes easily and was debating it but figured I stick to the program. It worked well so far and I don't want to over do it.

Sarati
07-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm back and checking in for this past week.

Pledged 1.5 , lost 1.5, trekked 16.92 miles.

For this week I pledge to lose 1.5 lbs and trek 25 miles.

pokeycactus
07-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Sarge - Hmmm....now because you think I can't do it, I will lose my vacation pounds this week!!! :devil: This week is going to be sweaty!

I think the 4th of July bit us in our collective @sses this week...

Hey hardcore girls! I'm already at 120 today!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Jeannettey - Challenge accepted!! Glad you decided to join us!

Sarge: Add jeannetty to that challenge board for me will ya? :D

By my calculations 10 days will be october 16th the day of my birthday!! hoowee that last day will be hard!

Josey : Thank you! That is why I am glad to have you all here. My whole family (that I live with)have anywhre from 50-250 lbs to lose each and my closest friends all need to lose at least 100 lbs..sense a pattern here? I do too. I decided for myself, and future family I need to take the initiative and show them it CAN be done if they follow my lead GREAT! if not well...I tried! What is most important is me and my journey right now!

Just checking in Soooo extremely tired today I dont know why I think it is because the heat tends to hit up soooo fast here. It is a cool 65/70 then JUMPS to 85/90 the next day..gotta love oregon weather!

chickadee32
07-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Sarge: Sorry, I don't mean to be a pain, but could you change my pledge for the coming week from 2 to 1 lb? I would be thrilled to lose 2 lbs this week, but that's probably not possible (or at least not safe) on diet alone. :) Thank you!

AnonymouslyYours
07-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I think I have added all of the newcomers to the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&authkey=CIOe6aQF&hl=en_US#gid=0). I have already posted instructions on what you should do to update your tab here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3929010-post105.html). If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Also, if anybody in the platoon has suggestions on how to change/improve the spreadsheet, please let me know. Maybe you'd like to keep track of exercise minutes as well as miles trekked. Anything like that.

Sarge -- I also removed a few people from the spreadsheet. It will be super easy to add them back on, so if you don't mind taking a look and making sure I didn't prematurely remove anyone, I'd appreciate it.

Josey -- I bet you are sweating! Dang! I felt like I could have kept going after the 25 minute run yesterday for sure, but I did like you and decided to stick with the plan. It really has been working, and we're pretty close to the end to throw any kinks in our progress now. I'm not sure how some people repeat the same week over and over again. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but I was just so driven by progressing through the workouts.

Jeanettey and Dreamer -- I am sorry that people around you are not more supportive of your efforts. I'm glad you guys are posting here!!

I am so frustrated right now. Most of the people important to me in my life are very supportive of my weight loss/overall health journey. My mom, dad, brother, friends, etc. I have ALWAYS been the most overweight person in my friend group (all like size 4 and below) and my family. However, my boyfriend, with whom I currently live, is so wishy-washy in support. He is ridiculously fit (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TmWEStTpjDmQprbIf_LjuwcFbTX_R-qCzwYmJo3ipX8/edit?hl=en_US), works out for hours 5 days a week, and does not at all understand my trouble with my weight. To him, I should be able to eat whatever I want because he can eat whatever he wants. This week has been so trying with him around. He snacks constantly and always offers me some of what he's having. When I decline, multiple times, he continues to insist. I have not given in, which makes me proud. But it also is infuriating and frustrating that he doesn't get it or even try to get it. I explain that I am counting calories, so he will say "Wow, an extra 150 calories, it's not going to matter...just eat this. Have a bite at least." But he doesn't realize that just one bite can be hard for me. Yes, I can do it, but sometimes it's just easier to not even have that first bite. Especially when my willpower is feeling shaky. Grrr. Oh well, at least I can vent here. :)

My workout plan for this week (which I am posting here so I hold myself accountable) is as follows.

Monday: Back/Calves + c25k w8d1
Tuesday: Chest/Biceps/Abs
Wednesday: c25k w8d2
Thursday: Legs/Calves
Friday: Shoulders/Triceps/Abs
Saturday: c25k w8d3
Sunday: Rest

So next week I WILL make pledge.

JayTee
07-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Troops...I've updated the board back in post #150. Corrected side challenges and such to the best of my ability for now. If something more needs changing or updating, let me know. It's tough to keep track of everything.

Anon--I'll look at the spreadsheet tomorrow when I update where we are on the Trek.

Sorry I'm not doing more personals....keeping up with everyone reporting in on Sundays takes a good chunk of Sarge's time. Sarge is reading every post tho and all he can say is GET READY FOR HE*L WEEK!!!!! (Except for K3 & JoyfulV because Sarge would really prefer they'd take the week off! ;)).

P.S. Those of you on Fitocracy...make sure to join Sarge's Boot Camp group as well as the 3FC group. I just noticed Chesh is in the hunt for supremacy on the leader board too, but I didn't notice her sneaking up because I was only checking Sarge's group. Darn it!

IrishKat
07-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Sarge will :kickbutt::cry:
I would say I was in denial from the phases post. I had junk food for lunch at work today. I had cookies and pringles tonight. There is a walking video on youtube that I will do before work tomorrow.:tread:

BudgetBaby
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
I'd love to do the fitocracy thing, but it won't let me join. :(

Got sweaty all the same today, doing about 3 hours of work on the yard.

envelope
07-10-2011, 10:36 PM
You all have been very chatty today. The Pool party was a lot of fun, although I did not get in the pool once. :o) I was to busy taking care of party guest and socializing with their parents. My daughters had a blast.
I made sure I ate healthy before we left, plus a snuck in a mini cooler with an apple and yogurt. So I skipped the pizza, and tasted the cake and brownie. I tried an interesting tip that I read about here on 3fc...can not find where at the moment...When eating something sweet, pay attention to your first bite, savor every flavor. Do the same thing for the 2nd bite, by the 3rd bite it is not as satisfying as the first two bites, no matter how many more bites you eat! I ate 4 bites of brownie and 4 bites of cake and found this to be true!!! I was AMAZED. Then after dinner I tried it again, 4 bites of cake and 4 bites of brownie! This is super powerful for me. It will be so easy for me to turn down sweets in the future when I know that it is only the first 2 bites that taste so good. Esp when knowing that if I eat them, I will continue craving them for a few days after. I would much rather enjoy clean foods, and a glass of wine now and then.

I love those dancing cows!!!

floann
07-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I forgot to pledge for next week in my earlier post: 2 lbs

Finally got the tracker fixed thanks to all that helped.

rmc9142
07-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Anon, it would be wonderful if we could also track minutes on the spreadsheet! No biggie if that's too complicated. I'm just trying to streamline things so that I spend more time DOING and less time thinking/chatting about it!

Off to bed . . . looking forward to starting the week off right!

tubbaki
07-10-2011, 11:27 PM
down 0.6. :( well! better than nothing right?
pledging 1.5 for next week again!

envelope
07-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Thought you all might get a laugh out of this.

Yesterdays closet cleaning was prompted by my pants falling down while carrying laundry up. I did not take into account clothes that stretch while you wear them though, and I lost my shorts carrying my daughter to bed tonight!

Resolute
07-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Pledged 2 lost 2

(Weight is actually .2 lower today but whatever i'm not going to quibble.) :p

Miles 99.5

New pledge 2

(I'm going to now go for 185 and then see whats what.)

Another good day so far, walked my 6.2 miles this morning, went and worked hoisting sheets of plywood onto my brothers garage roof for 7 hours came home and hit the bike for 10 more miles, getting a real nice tan, first one in at least a decade. :D So 16.2 miles today and i'm off to smite this last remaining fat.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Just wanted to share something that I am really proud of. Still in a not so nice moo kind of depressed BUT nsv...I don't want to eat. all I want to do even tho my body is still in fight or flight mode is drink water!! I don't want to binge. I know it wont help and I am not even craving food. I am craving water...I think I can binge on water :D

munchey
07-11-2011, 12:10 AM
PEANUT:
Get well soon! Take care of yourself - sending warm thoughts and prayers your way.

JOSIE:
Hope your cat continues to improve! Do you know what attacked it? Hopefully your cat is receiving antibiotics. I have one cat that tends to get in fights, so he has had to be treated on multiple occasions for abcesses.

MYA:
I bought some green tea supplements to try. I probably would't be able to drink enough.

ANONYMOUS:
Good job on resisting the temptors. Stay firm. Have a treat when you want it, not when someone else wants you to. I share the same problem, I'm better not to start eating something sweet like candy, cake etc - I'll usually want more.:

JEANETTY:
Hang in there. You aren't alone when it comes to emotional eating. You need to make the changes for yourself - you are worth it. You have support here.

BUDGETBABY:
It can be good to NOT worry about what others thing. Hang in there. You have a good attitude and you will fit comfortably in that chair some time in the near future!

Naughty

kurisitaru
07-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Tae Bo Kicked my but...
So sore.....

kurisitaru
07-11-2011, 12:39 AM
LMAO!
My OP is no more than 1600 calories. I needed some more vitamin E in my diet for the day, and ALMONDS are fantastic for that... so... I was messing around with my fit day and discovered to get all my vitamin E and get my nutrients for the day... I would need 34 almonds... which put my calories for the day at 1594...

So I'm OP for the start of the challenge and I'm feeling good, (if not cutting it close. XD)

envelope LOL At least there is a physical sign you are losing weight! I can't wait until I can go jean shopping again and not feel like a loser when I can barely squeeze into a size 16.

SMSDREAMER2007 Don't be down. =/ You are right though, it is good you prefer binging on water rather than on something else. :hug:

Me1stAllways
07-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Sir, Sarge, Sir!
Trekked: 11.92
lbs pledged:1 / fail =gained 2lbs

CW 223LBS
New Pledge:1 pound

was feeling a bit depressed latly with the lack of weight loss and missing my life long toxic friend (cviggeretts) so to recharge I amCHANGING PLAN OF ATTACK ON DIETING during this past week and so start new mission on Monday....
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqfa6-OsLAPtEGQFsvFRpwU4LKH2A9dIo6uJ9M1cekHIeeeeIHCA

SMSDREAMER2007
07-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Great job kuri!! I love almonds. I have a bulk bag of them on my dresser. My problem is that I love them so much I would sit and eat them all so they are the tool I am using to teach myself calorie control, I figure even if I mess up with almonds they have LOTS of nutritional value so the tons of cals I get from them wont be empty at least :D

AnonymouslyYours
07-11-2011, 12:51 AM
I updated the spreadsheet so that it now includes minutes exercised. Obviously just ignore that part if you are not tracking the minutes you exercise. :)

Interesting article: Walking may increase brain size and improve memory. (http://lifehacker.com/5816456/walking-may-increase-brain-size-and-boost-memory)

Munchey -- Thank you! :)

Good night, everyone!

JoyfulVegGirl
07-11-2011, 03:28 AM
That's right Sarge, I'm the fitocracy sniper. Just when you think you're safe... POW! I log another set of crunches ;)

We're just lucky Reso hasn't found us yet.

Jeanettey, thanks for the dancing veggie! Your goals sound good to me. Go get 'em girl!

Anon, I hope I'm doing the spreadsheet right. I just noticed the spots for minutes exercised, tres cool. Is it ok to put miles trekked for this coming week under the previous ones? I think I'm doing it right... hmm. Also, if you get the chance I would LOVE to have a track your progress spreadsheet. I'm just addicted to graphs. It's a sickness.

SMSDreamer, I just realized that we're in the same city. PDX represent! :D I'm so glad you're craving water instead of binging. Whatever you're doing, I want some of it! Hang in there :hug:

BudgetBaby try the code CRISS to join. If that doesn't work I can try to send you an invite code.

envelope, I love mindful eating. It makes you feel so much more satisfied from food. Plus, like you mentioned, it leaves more room for good wine.

Ok, time for bed. 'Night all!

kurisitaru
07-11-2011, 05:43 AM
I was #3 for a small time...
NEED to get past everyone...
MUST run tomorrow... need points...

Going intense tomorrow! I have the day off so I WILL be working my butt-er off trying to get first.... I'm so sore now though... how many points is yoga?

BudgetBaby
07-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the code, Joyful. That worked. I like it. Logged my first activity and joined the group. Some of those quests are things I can actually do! Excited about that. :)

100 day challenge: 1 day of total commitment done.

rmc9142
07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks for adding the "Minutes Exercised" feature to the spreadsheet Anon! Very much appreciated.

Going to bike to the gym, do my regular routine, and bike home. Then, it's time to catch up on all the work I neglected while the family was on vacation. I love working for myself, but I HATE not having sick or vacation days!

Have a great day everyone!

Resolute
07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Just a quick good morning to everyone, time to drop the hammer on one more day. :D

Let's make it happen.

JayTee
07-11-2011, 09:28 AM
WELCOME TO HE*L WEEK!

http://www.navyseals.com/files/Hellweek.jpg

Subtracting the pledges from privates MIA the platoon achieved 43.8 % of goal!!! Need Sarge say more??!?!?!?!

A final look at the board then we shall never speak of last week again:

Pledges 7/3-7/9

Courtney = 3 /// (+1.2)
Anon = 2 /// (-.4)
Celrae = 1 /// (-.5)
K3 = 2 /// (-1.2)
Me1st = 1 /// (+2)
RMC = 2 /// (-2.6)
Josey=2 /// - 0 -
Peanutt = 1.5
BNH = 2 /// (-1)
MadamB = 1.8 /// (-1.4)
Rated = 1.8 /// (+1.6)
Pokey = 1 /// ---
Dreamer = 1 /// (-1)
Munchey = 2 /// (-2)
Kuri = 1 /// (-1)
Chesh = 2 /// (-1.5)
Dcap = 2 /// (-2.5)
Sarati = 1.5 /// (-1.5)
Jeanettey = 3 /// -0-
Reso = 2 /// (-2)
Diyana= 2 /// (+2)
Serina = 2
Awaiting = 3
Tubak = 1.5 /// (-.6)

Newbie:
JoyfulV= 2 /// (-3)
Flo= 2 /// (-4.2)
spicy = 2 /// (-3.5)

Maintainers:
Sarge
Yoyo
Kendra
Rainbow
Chick = Sick Bay

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 53.6 //// NET LOSS = 21.3

Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 = 1
Courtney = 3
Anon = 2
Envelope = 2
RMC = 2
Josey = 2
Diyana = 2
Budget = 5
Flo = 2
Chick = 1
BNH = 2
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Chesh = 1.5
JoyfulV = 2
Jeanettey = 1
Munchey = 2
Rated = 1
Kuri = 2
Spice = 2
Sarati = 1.5
Me1st = 1
Reso = 2
Tubak = 1.5
FloAnn = 2

Newbie:
Irish = 1
Mya = 2
Iiane = 1
Sakurai = 3
urthworm = 1.4

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo
Rainbow

TOTAL GOAL = 60.1

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Courtney (-10.2), Jeanettey (-5), Me1st (-2), Diyana (-5.6)

Envelope (x2) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Budget Baby vs. Jeanettey = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

COMPLETED (3,481.42) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Sarge (47.41 /429.63), X
Pokey (52 /217.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (27.5 / 163.56),
K3 (10 / 86),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (3 / 44.9),
Reso (99.5 /616.8), X
Cheshire (42 / 184),
MadamB (69.66 /457.86),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 115),
Tmil (6)
Sarati (16.92 / 81.5)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 8 / 20 )
Rmc = (81.5 / 204)
Me1st = (11.92 / 22.83)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (9 / 16.68)
Munchey = (15 / 30)
Kuri = (12.85 / 28.85)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)
Flo = (11 / 11)
Joyful = (25.5 / 25.5)

BL Summer Challengers

K3LL3Y
07-11-2011, 09:36 AM
I shall do my best to pull my own weight, Sarge!
(quite literally ;))

Got my morning workout in! I love my office gym!
When I get home it's day 7 of 'The Shred' :D

I think I know why I didn't have a huge weight drop this week, I'm getting stronger! Muscles here I come!

josey
07-11-2011, 11:01 AM
@Dreamer keep on doing what you are doing! I hope they realize soon that you are right and will follow your lead. You can do it and we are here to help!

@Anon awesome! We are a good match on the C25k eh? I hope it went well today. Did you never think about what's next after we finish W9?
About your boyfriend, lucky you ;-) He has a great body :-) It must be tough when he tempts you with food all the time! That is quite the challenge and I hope you are twice as proud of what you have achieved! I am sure you will be one of the few who won't regain the weight you lost. If you need to vent or need support, let me know! You got my email address too, so send me a message anytime!

@envelope good job on sticking to good and healthy food at the pool party. I agree the first bite is the best! It is just hard to really slow down and think about bite 2, 3, 4. :-) I am a work in progress on that one! However, I find that overly sweet foods or too much really make me feel sick now. That helps a lot!
LOL on the falling shorts! I had the problem recently with underwear :-) I stocked up on new panties this weekend. They are sporting a big M (for medium) now. First time ever! Yay!

@munchey thanks! He is doing better. The wounds look good. They are healing nicely and he sure has his energy back. Last night and this morning he was very playful and racing around. A good sign! He won't be allowed outside for at least another week though. We will see how that goes. He definitely has his own mind and usually never agrees with our curfew

@Reso I keep looking at your tracker. What an inspiration! 204 lbs lost is just incredible.

Ok guys, back to work. I need to stay on focus this week. There are free breakfasts all over the city every morning!! I will go to a few because it is fun and a social thing but I promise to only pick on food like a little bird. Haha!! I can do it. Most of them serve fruit now too and I can always eat a banana or an apple eh?

diyana
07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
:congrat: to all who lost this week!

I can see I have a lot of butt-er melting to do if I'm to catch up on Fitocracy! I have to remind myself that it will do me no good to get to first place by overdoing it to the point of re-injuring my back, cuz then I'll be unable to workout for weeks and months. I'll just do the best that my body will allow and wave, cheer and fist bump y'all as you pass me by. :)

Sarge - I promise to do better at melting butt-er this week.

Envelope - Thanks for the savor the first 2-3 bites tip! That's awesome!!

Reso - Congrats on the weight loss and nearly 100 miles! :woohoo:

SMSDreamer - Congrats on not turning to food when you're feeling blue. This is something I'm working on too. How much water are you drinking? It is possible to drink too much and flush needed vitamins out of your body. But :bravo: for not turning to comfort food.

Josey - I'm so glad to hear your cat is doing better.

Time to sign off and go for a walk around the office.

MadamButterfly
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Good morning everyone

C35K, w9,d1: Complete

Finally finished 7 day stretch . . . thank goodness, now if I can get my BUTT-er in gear and do more than a little short run, then all should be good

TIME TO MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!

pokeycactus
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Good morning all!!!

Had boxing this morning, WHOA hard workout!!! We've been hit with some bad storms the last few days so it's humid on top of being 100+ degrees...the boxing gym only has a swamp cooler, so the minute it's humid, swamp cooler doesn't work. I was crazy sweaty this morning, it was pretty gross!

I'm going to start 30 Day Shred today...I've never done it the full 30 days, but everyone seems to get good results off of it, so I'll give it a shot too! Then, I have a few shows to catch up on, so I'll plop my big BUTT-er onto the stationary bike and pedal pedal pedal! :)

I hope everyone has a great day! Happy Monday!

peanutt
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Good morning platoon! Just checking in to report that I'm recovering at home now and feeling better each day. I've updated my blog with a pretty detailed description of what went on with me late last week if anyone is interested.

I'm going to be off work for the next 6 weeks and it will likely be at least a week or two before I can go outside for a decent walk. Right now I'm focusing on keeping myself moving a bit around the house, getting lots of rest and water, and planning how the heck I'm going to keep myself busy for the next 6 weeks!

I may not check in here as often for the first week or so. I didn't think it would be, but it's actually pretty tough for me to read about all the hard work you guys are doing and know that I'm not going to be able to do any of that for a while.

Sarge, sign me up as a maintainer. I will not come back to this platoon heavier or unhealthier than I was when I left. :)

pokeycactus
07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Peanutt - I'm glad to hear that everything is okay and you will recover!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery - take it easy!

AnonymouslyYours
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Finished c25k week 8 day 1 today, plus all of the weight training in my fitness plan. So I am completely on track today! Yay!

RMC -- No problem, I was thinking I should have added that all along, anyway, since so many people's challenges hinge on minutes exercised!

JoyfulVegGirl -- I think you are doing the spreadsheet correctly. If I notice you doing it incorrectly, I will correct your mistakes and hopefully you will just go from there. This is what I have been doing for everyone so far, and this week it looks like pretty much everyone has gotten the hang of it. I will be happy to make you a "Track your Progress" chart. I just need to know what date you started weighing-in and also your height.

Josey -- We really do match up well on c25k. I am so glad we started around the same time, and that you are pretty much set on not repeating anything. (At this point, what is there left to even repeat?! haha) Week 8 day 1 went really well, and I totally could have kept going, but instead I opted to sprint the last 2 minutes. I have thought about what I am going to do after I complete week 9 and have decided that I will probably continue doing the 30 minute run until I can run 4 miles in that time. Once I get to where I can run 4 miles in 30 minutes, I am going to try to bridge to 10k. I think. I'm not sure, and if you are planning to do something different, I may do what you are doing, because I really like having a buddy! Thank you for the kind words about my bf. He does have a nice body but he's a pain in the *** sometimes! I will definitely take you up on that offer to message you, and please know that that is definitely reciprocal and I am here any time!

Sarge -- Sounds good. I am probably going to have to end up deleting the people who aren't active, rather than just hiding them, because we are about to reach the limit for number of formulas in one document, so we won't be able to continue adding new people if we don't delete those who have dropped out of duty and deserted their posts. :P

Peanutt -- I am so glad that everything went smoothly and you are recovering well. I read your blog post and that is CRAZY! I have to ask, because I am so curious, did you by any chance weigh yourself before and after surgery? I am dying to know how much a cyst the size of a melon weighs!

Have a superb day, everybody!

peanutt
07-11-2011, 01:27 PM
LOL Anon - I was curious too. My weight right now is going to be all kinds of wacky because I was on an IV for 2 days and I can tell I'm really bloated. I did ask about the weight of the cyst and the resident said that it was quite dense and the weight of it should be available in the pathological follow up. I'll be sure to let you know!

CourtneyDaisey
07-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Pokey - I'm going to restart the 30 Day Shred today too! Let's motivate each other! :cheer:

Sarge - I'm prepared for HE*L Week! Bring it! I think I need a little he*l in my day, especially after last week!

Hardcore Folks - Okay, I've been in last place in minutes exercised for two weeks running. WTF? I'm chasing all three of you down this week! :running:

Jeanettey and Dreamer - :hug: to both of you! Believe me, depression gets me too sometimes. Last week was no exception. But we'll all do better this week!

I just got back from the office treadmill too! :woops: Git-R-Done!

K3LL3Y
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Peanutt- I am glad to hear you are doing okay. The story on your blog was a bit scary to read and I am very happy you are home and on the road to recovery. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. You know everyone here is good for a bit of encouragement. :)

JayTee
07-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Peanutt-- Just f'ng YIKES!!! Glad you're doing ok... I have to say I'm torn between using your description of that cyst as an image Sarge can use to get in people's faces to git-r-done (giant hairy purple thing...) vs. or just laughing at recalling a scene in the movie Big Fat Greek Wedding where the Aunt had this cyst, "All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then I started menopause and the lump got bigger from the "hormonees." It started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord. Yes. Inside the lump was my twin."

Glad you are well, but EWWWWWWWW!

The rest of you, BACK TO WORK!!!!!

diyana
07-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Peanutt - I read your blog and OMG!! I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a cyst that big! Sheesh, girl! I'm so glad the doctors put you at ease, that your surgery was successful and your recovery is going well. I totally understand about being used to doing what you want...and how having to scale things back as you recover. I've re-injured my back more times than I care to count by pushing myself too hard. I know now to listen more carefully to my body...to recognize "good sore" from "bad sore" and to do what I can within the limitations of my recovering body. Take care of yourself. I hope your recovery continues to go well. :hug:

pokeycactus
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Courtney - YOU ARE ON. We will Shred together :)

ETA: Sarge - One of my all-time favorite scenes EVER!!!!!! :lol:

SMSDREAMER2007
07-11-2011, 02:44 PM
joyful - HAHA thats awesome! I didn't notice that either! Yes good 'ol pdx...the lovely place it is. I am actually an hr west (half an hr if driving) in forest grove but yea...same area :D

josey - thanks! I hope so too but even if they don't I will at least be a skinny hot young HEALTHY thing ;) and it will be THEIR clothes are too big for me instead of mine too big for some of them HAHAAH (I know, im vindictive, but it helps keep me committed)

diyana- It is possible to do that, I typically hit 100 oz lately its been a lot less though so im ok. I didnt rink a ton of water in the morning yest. Most of my water consumption ends up being in the evening usually.

Pokey- wtg on doing all 30 days of the shred, wish I could except I have nowhere to do it, people tend to be all around me all the time, Im not doing it n front of them, maybe something ill save for later.

Peanutt- stay strong! Soon you will be joining us all once again! get well soon!

anon - wtg!!

courtney - :hug:

Just checking in got my breakfast in gonna take my vitamins in a minute trying to decide what kind of walking I want to do today. Maybe to a friends and back maybe to the store or maybe ill make my friend walk to the park with me HAHA unfortunately without my mp3 player I cant walk just to walk. Hmm maybe I will bike a bit....Who knows what today will bring. KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK TROOPS!!!!

josey
07-11-2011, 04:06 PM
@Anon - Congrats! That's great! Onto W8D2. :-)) My boss stopped by this morning (she is a runner) and asked how it is going. So I told her I finished W8D1 and ran 28 minutes straight. She was amazed. The last time she asked I was in W5 or so. Hehe, a while ago.
I want to "practice" the 30 minutes a bit too. See if I can do it faster after a week or two. But then I think I have to bridge because I might get bored and stop running. OH NO!! I liked the walk/run workouts a lot. Keeps you on your toes. Let's wait & see and then we talk :-)
What boyfriend is not a PITA sometimes??? ;-)
Thanks for the offer. You sound like your are at least a bit of a geek (well, at least with Excel) too, so I guess we are both online quite a bit...

@peanutt - Glad to hear you are feeling better!

diyana
07-11-2011, 04:51 PM
SMSDreaming - Glad to hear your water consumption is within healthy levels. :) I usually drink at least 70-80 ounces of water at work...along with about 32 ounces of Crystal Light. At home, it's more Crystal Light or Powerade Zero or occasionally a diet soda.

UrthWurm
07-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, Count Me In Sarge! :lifter:

Aiming for 1.4 lbs a week. Just joined the fitocracy group as kmberley.

chickadee32
07-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Peanutt: I'm SO sorry to hear what you've had to go through!! I read through your blog post and so much of it is terribly familiar - I really, really feel for you, on all counts. If it helps any to know this, I am really feeling much more like myself by now (a week and a half after the surgery), and while I still can't walk too long or far or fast, I get out for short walks and am now able to drive (I'm completely off the narcotic pain meds), and I'm even working half days this week. Not being able to get back to normal right away or exercise for so many weeks is very frustrating, and I very much understand how you feel about being here and not being able to DO much toward weight loss while you recover. If there is anything I can do to help you out, or even if you just need someone to vent to or talk to, please feel free to send me a message anytime. I hope your recovery is swift and proceeds without complications; I'll be thinking about you. :hug:

DREAMER: Way to go getting some walking in today even without the MP3 player! Music is so critical to my workouts that it makes me terribly unmotivated when I don't have it. Good for you for getting out there anyway!

Anon: I'm glad you're back on track today!! I read your post from last night, and was thinking how hard it would be to have a SO who just doesn't/can't understand the way you need to eat to get the weight off. It's just one more hurdle to face, but you're doing a great job resisting.

pokey: You're so motivated, exercising hard in that heat and humidity!! I'm glad you're enjoying the classes this summer. :)

Sorry for not doing more personals, but that's as far back as I can see! My weight was down a bunch again this morning; I think I am just still shedding some water weight, as my stomach is still swollen. I'll definitely take the loss any way it comes though, and I'm thrilled that it looks like I still have a chance at making my goal of onderland by my birthday! 1.2 lbs by diet alone in just over two weeks seems totally do-able. :D

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!

JayTee
07-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome urthworm!!! I was wondering who that was on Fitocracy! Sarge will add you to our giant pledge board and then continue to kick your a** on Fitocracy! buhwahahahaha

Troops -- I applaud you. It seems we're far less chatty today. Perhaps spending more time sweating!?!?!?!?!? Sarge hopes so!

K3LL3Y
07-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Courtney - YOU ARE ON. We will Shred together :)

ETA: Sarge - One of my all-time favorite scenes EVER!!!!!! :lol:

Me Too Please! :D

I'm on week two but my poor partner is out for a little while. I will gladly do the 30 day shred for 4 weeks with you guys.

I'm with sarge, I think everyone's been quite because we've been busy :)
I won't be able to do two workouts tomorrow though because of a late work day but I'll still get my miles in the morning.

Okay goodnight All. (Yes I know it's only 7:45 but today was exhausting and I've got to be up at 4:30 to get my morning routine in. )

pokeycactus
07-11-2011, 08:56 PM
K3 - Excellent, happy to have you join us! I just finished Day 1 :)

Me1stAllways
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
speed walked for 30min on treadmill than walked around the block, kept cals in check...hard to resist weighing myself lol
started new life plan today... feeling good about it

:welcome: new troops!

sorry to hear so many of us are going threw nasty health problems or life stresses :getwell: and :goodluck:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdl4CMl0WpmvNPHCkjz88s8i7TB3z

MadamButterfly
07-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Ok, I'm a bit, Ummmmmmmmmmm off kilter today (who knows why . . . :?: ) did manage to do my C25K today, but that's it . . . OK, will do crunches before bed . . . TOMORROW . . . HARD AT IT AGAIN!!!!

GARDEN UPDATE: I picked 6 Zucchini . . . and one of them was almost 20" long . . . Oh my goodness. AND I HAND POLLINATED MY FIRST PUMPKIN :o

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!!

pokeycactus
07-11-2011, 10:15 PM
MadamB!!! A 20 incher?! Impressive, gotta have them long! :lol3:

CourtneyDaisey
07-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Pokey & Kelley - Awesomeness! I also just completed Day 1 Level 1! :cheer: Shred away ladies!

Hardcore folks - I am up to 170 minutes of exercise this week! 2 hours in the pool tonight, 30 minutes on the treadmill at work, and 30 Day Shred tonight! WOOT! Come and get me!!!!! :running:

Jeanettey
07-11-2011, 11:31 PM
My internet was down due to a big power bump so just a quick post while I can. I'll re-post later after I finish catching up.

It was really bothering me that I may not be able to post since that's part of my "on plan" 100 day challenge. :^:

SMSDREAMER2007
07-11-2011, 11:59 PM
LOL we would have given ya a break for that jeanetty ;)

Jeanettey
07-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Courtney I'm at 180 minutes........Game on!!! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/tugowar.gif

Envelope - This is for you.....http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif We'll make Tomorrow NO PANTS DAY too, since it's so late today.

Peanut - :hug:

Dreamer - sounds like you were feeling more chipper today. :^:

Josey - Cat curfew......:lol:

Completed 2 days on plan :woohoo:

kurisitaru
07-12-2011, 12:05 AM
So determined to beat k3ll3y on Fitocracy... I keep looking at my quests and forcing my way threw them. XD
I just RAN my but off to a mile *beep* on my pedo around the block a few times and then looked at my timer... was amazed at how fast I did it, and that I did it.

THEN! I see this *someone is chasing me* quest and I realize I have to do that again in UNDER 10 minutes! OH MY GOD!

I found an old instrament case...>.> Trombone...<.< It's my new "barbell"
XD It does the job... adds weight and evenly distributes it... right? I just stuffed it with books and got it to 100ish pounds, room mate "spotted me" as I FORCED 20 reps... OH MY GOD! PAIN!!! Legs... and the case was bulky so... NECK!
Won't do that again, I'll just stick to my barbells from now on until the school year starts up again and I can use that gym. XD I don't think that was the "safest" thing to do...
Tomorrow... 5K and I want to run that mile in under 10 minutes... XD
I'm so sore... and yet I still want to work out... That's an issue.. isn't it?

Jeanettey
07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Dreamer! :hug: I don't know why it got me so freaked out. I'm just so determined to do well I didn't want something so stupid to hang me up. :dizzy:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Cartoons/findmeagain.gif

Resolute
07-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Decent enough day, worked, came home, went and bought some dumbbells to help tone my arms a little while i sit on my butt in front of the TV.
Proceded to walk my 6.2 miles, came home piddled around then hit the bike up for another 10 mile hard ride, got home and carbed out, been craving carbs lately so i relinquished to my bodies demands for a day, cals are still pretty low though around 3000, might snack a little more before bed, i'll see.

So 6.2 walking and 13 biking for 19.2 today together with yesterdays is now 35.4 miles this week so far, see if i can't smash the 100 mile mark this week.

Peanutt : I can sure relate to your story, one minute everything is just going along great, a couple hours later you are getting wheeled into the OR wondering what the heck just happened, BTW when i woke up the nurse came over to check on me like they do, i grabbed her hand to look at her watch LOL, i startled her, she told me the time, i said i didn't care what time it was i just thought her watch was nice. :D Morphine buzz had me all wacked out. :dizzy:

SMSDREAMER2007
07-12-2011, 12:44 AM
kuri - hahahaha slow down let your boy rest ;)

jeanettey- yes I am! Got all the drama out of my life for good! I can also now zip my size 18 pants up without laying on the bed...doesnt mean I should wear them in public and I do get a HUGE muffin top between where my bra sits and my upper waist ( where the pants sit I have an EXTEMELY long torso my belly button is about 6-8 inches lower than m natural waist). But hey, I can get em up, buttoned and zipped!

JoyfulVegGirl
07-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Oh my GOSH, I seriously can't believe it. I forgot to get my free Slurpee today, totally spaced it off. That's a first for me :D

A 20" zucchini?! That's a lot of stir-fry.

peanutt, wow, I am so sorry you're going through this! Do whatever it takes to get better :hug:

Kurisitaru, holy Quests Batman! You're making me dizzy! No, really, awesome job. Just remember that you get points for stretching (and foam rollering) too. ;)

Ok, so sleepy. Off to bed!

josey
07-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Josey - Cat curfew......:lol:

You bet, that little rascal is feeling better and catching mice again! He wants to go outside but no, no, not yet. It will be a tough week because when he wants to go outside he will let you know. Loud and 24/7. But I am sooooo happy he is feeling well again. The wounds are healing nicely but we still want to keep him under close watch.

CourtneyDaisey
07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

Dreamer - I'm with ya on that one! :cheer: I am wearing a pair of size 18's today that I haven't been able to comfortably wear in about 6 months! I am so excited to have them on. They're quite comfy too! But they better not get too comfy! I have a pair of 16's hanging in my closet that I want to be able to wear to work within a couple of months! I bought them as mini-goal pants. I can't zip them, but am getting close!

Jeanettey - 180? Oh boy, I better step it up today! I'm already behind! LOL!

I hear that today's supposed to be the hottest day of the year in my area. Ick! And I was wanting to mow the yard since I haven't gotten to it yet. We'll have to see how things are tonight when I get home. I need to go by the grocery store and pick up a few things. I am totally wanting to make grilled chicken taco salads for dinner (with no shell) but need some chicken! So we'll see how things go. Either way, gotta Shred tonight! :D

Reso - Great job! :cheer: You have no idea how much you have inspired me!

celrae
07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Troops

I have completed 35 min. of CrossFit (seriously kicked my a@@) and 1 hour of walking.

What have you done?

Due to lack of chatter here it appears that you are all getting the day started by burning some Butt-er.:D

I am back in the game. I was a little sad about life and only loosing 6 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I have a new perspective now and I am going to keep up all the hard work. This may take longer than I would like but, it will get done.

Take Care:hug:

K3LL3Y
07-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Good morning all.

Just a quick check in. Busy day so I won't have much time for posting. Hopefully I'll be able to do some reading at lunch though.

Kuri- Way to go on the work-outs. If you are sore then it's working ;) Be careful it does get addicting :D

Jeanettey- Love the cartoon, that's how I feel! Gotta keep running, can't let that weight catch me ever again!

MadamB- 20" zucchini!? I'm waiting for someone to run with that....

Dreamer- Congrats on the size drop! You'll be wearing those around in no time you'll see :)

Reso- 100 miles in one week challenge!!!!!! You are amazing. That is all.

Resolute
07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Morning ladies, just heading out the door to start the day... wearing a size 34 pair of shorts for the first time. :D Look pretty slim in these.

100 miles i've done a few times K3LL3Y, probably close to 150 - 200 at least a couple of times, but it stresses my body out and it shuts down to protect itself (i think), always gets harder to lose when i push to much.

Lets Make it a good day ! :)

K3LL3Y
07-12-2011, 09:57 AM
100 miles i've done a few times K3LL3Y, probably close to 150 - 200 at least a couple of times, but it stresses my body out and it shuts down to protect itself (i think), always gets harder to lose when i push to much.

Lets Make it a good day ! :)

It's taken me 2 months to get in what you do in a week:yikes:

envelope
07-12-2011, 10:13 AM
4.8 miles DONE. I am not sure what I was thinking when I set my alarm...I did not take into account my 8 min warm up and I ran out of time. Lesson Learned. The good news is that I did increase my speed. I averaged 15 min miles, which may not seem fast to some of you but when I started on this thread I was doing 17 min + per mile.

Congrats to everyone who is doing the 100 day challenge! I am amazed I am on day 45 now!!! I love, Love, LOVE challenges.

Welcome Urthwrm!

Me1st - Great job keeping the cals in check, and look at you doing the treadmill, then going outside for more!
Jeanetty - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif LOVE it!!!!

Reso - Size 34 pants!!! You are not only looking slim, you are slim!!!

Celrae - ONLY 6? Only 6? That is MUCH better then staying at the same weight or gaining!!! You are doing great...KEEP IT UP!

Joyfulveg - I forgot too! I can not believe it!!! 7 years ago the dr. and nurses all got a kick out of me being excited that my girls got to share a birthday with the slurpee. We did make snowcones from their new snowcone maker...which is healthier since I can control how much syrup they get. I made myself a HUGE bowl of ice. :0)

Courtney Daisy - It was pretty hot out this morning here...I am glad I got my jog out of the way early.

Kuri - I have no idea how long it will take me to get to jog a 12 min mile, much less a 10 min mile!

AnonymouslyYours
07-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Morning Platoon,

Just checking in before I head over to the gym to do weights. I am SO sore. The new routine is kicking my butt. However, tomorrow is my rest day (from weights) so I am going today to do chest/biceps/abs. Fortunately my routine never works the same muscle groups two consecutive days, so I should be fine. That kind of reminds me, all of you ladies who are kicking butt on Fitocracy, you are amazing. Don't forget, however, that if you are actually lifting weights, you are breaking your muscles down, and rebuilding them is equally important, which is why you NEED rest days for your muscles to repair themselves. My bf and brother are both really into training and lifting and have been since they were teens, so I am constantly bombarded with tips on how to do it the most effectively. You should also be eating a mixture of carbs and protein (whole grain toast that's high in fiber with a tablespoon of peanut butter works) about a half hour before you work out/lift. Keep up the awesome work, ladies!

Josey -- I am definitely a nerd! I spend waayy too much time online, both on the computer and on Xbox Live. Tomorrow is going to be killer, girl. My body is NOT going to want to run after the workout it is about to go through, but I am definitely going to push onward! I am really glad to hear that your cat is doing better!

K off to the gym. I am sending positive thoughts everyone's way for a wonderful and productive Tuesday! :)

MadamButterfly
07-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Jeanettey: LOVE, LOVE, the pic

Celrae: 6 lbs . . . Did you know that's 24 STICKS-O-BUTTER!!! Think about it . . . LINE UP 24 STICKS-O-BUTT-ER on the table or just stack it up or think about duct taping those 24 STICKS-O-BUTT-ER all over your body . . . THAT'S A LOT-O-BUTT-er

Round 1: Complete . . . Everyone talking about speed for running a mile . . . so now my curiosity is peaked and although not a running day, I think I will go run 1 mile . . . see how fast/SLOW I can do it

OK, off for a 1 mile run and then ROUND 2, then the garden, I think there may be some yellow squash ready

GO MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!

Cheshirecat
07-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Good Morning Platoon!
Seems we are all off to a good start this week.

I just finished up my NROL routine. Whew, getting a little be harder, but I like it.
Just had some breakfast. Going to wait for that to digest a little then it's speed work! I haven't done that in weeks.

http://sayingimages.com/lifehack/be_better_than_you_were_yesterday.jpg

CourtneyDaisey
07-12-2011, 11:35 AM
MadamB - I wish I could run a mile! I will get there though! :) It will take time, but eventually I will be running along with all y'all!

Jeanettey
07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
IT'S DOWN WITH PANTS DAY http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif

So get out those old fat pants and spend some time tugging them back up as they fall down.

Celebrate your losses and efforts today.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/pants.gif

Jeanettey
07-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Are you ready Courtney? Game on! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/paintball.gif

dcapulet
07-12-2011, 12:16 PM
:hug: :high: :wave:

98 here in lower NYS - guess I'll be sweating no matter what! looking for clean eating day 2, and a great workout :)

AnonymouslyYours
07-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Just got back from the gym. My whole body is shaking and jittery. And I know that tomorrow all the muscles I worked today are going to be sore, and the ones I worked yesterday will be even sorer. Haha good thing tomorrow is just c25k! :)

I love getting healthier.

josey
07-12-2011, 01:43 PM
MadameB: Here is a recipe for you! Zucchinis in bikinis: http://kitchenscraps.ca/2011/07/11/zucchinis-in-bikinis/
and look at that picture:
http://kitchenscraps.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/zucchini-2.jpg
hehe

@Anon bring on the weight lifting tips. We have a weight thingy (home gym) but I never really know what to do with it. It is soooo boring ;-)
Welcome to the nerd club! :-) ME TOO!!! Are you on google+ yet too by any chance?
Good workout at the gym eh? Sounds like you really worked hard. I love the feeling of jittery muscles! I am running tonight. I have lots of energy these days, we will see if that holds up until tonight. Haha. As long as I don't sneeze again, I should be fine.

@Jeanettey do panties count? (Sorry Reso!) Mine are sure falling. Good thing I am not wearing skirts. Gotta buy more medium sized ones!!
Oh and for the first time in decades (?) I am wearing jeans and a western shirt -INSIDE- my jeans. Otherwise I would lose them too. It actually doesn't look bad. Rolls are not showing and my butt doesn't stick out anymore. YAY me! I am even wearing a belt buckle (Stampede is on, remember!) and I can sit in the office chair without pain!

CourtneyDaisey
07-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Jeanettey - Woot! Game on girlfriend! I just got back from the office treadmill too! Added another 30 minutes and 1.5 miles to my completed items today!

Folks, pray and wish me luck! I have an interview tomorrow morning for a different position in the company I work for now. If I get it, that will be a HUGE step in the right direction for getting things financially back on track with my family!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Courtney - WTG ON THE NSV!!! can't wait til I can wear my 18's I am COMPLETELY out of my 22's I have them on right now but I am having to hold them up every step. I don't have any 20 jeans and these 22's are going out the window in the next 2 days (Im really giving them to a friend whos mom can wear 22's)

celrae- I hear ya it took me 2 months to get out of my last decade, I was looking back at my tracker today and realized just how OFF PLAN I went working for my last boss so among other things that make her a toxic boss and friends...is added my derailment. Never fear though I am back and commited to 100 days ON PLAN and you can fix it and get back on the wagon too!!! we can do this together!!!

envelope - Nice workout this AM. I think last ngiht when setting the alarm you were thinking SLEEEEEEEEEEP LOL and thats ok too! tomorrow will be better ;)

jeanettey -haha it really is down with the pants day..I might be going back to my stretch pants here soon till I can get into the size 18's (I have NEVER been a size 18 in my life!!)

josey- AWESOME NSV!! WTG!

Feeling GREEAATTTTTTT today..idk y maybe its cause when I randomly stepped on the scale today I was down to 268.4. Maybe its cause I am heading to the library. Maybe its because I am beating my friend in our first to lose 50lbs challenge (she gained 6 lbs I have lost 36 and she is cursing me out HAHA). Maybe its because I got rid of a toxic freand! Whatever it is I LIKE it and am ready to seize the day and kick butt-er on this challenge and journey!!!! :carrot::carrot:

JayTee
07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Hey all---Sarge is still watching!!! Unfortunately can't watch too closely because my f'ng internet IS OUT AGAIN!!!! About 100 people stuffed into a Starbucks in the next community over from me all bonding over no power, no tv, no internet. The only reason Sarge came out was to say hi and post on Fitocracy hahahahaha....gotta catch the leaders!

Keep working and I promise to update our Trek Across America as soon as possible.

diyana
07-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Last night, I did 20 minutes of recumbent stepper, followed by balance exercises to work my core, then three 30 second planks, then 30 min. of Ball Zumba. Tonight is balance exercises, planks, Ball Zumba and strength training. My workouts don't compare with what y'all are doing...but they are physical therapist approved, and they don't cause me any back pain. So I'm melting butt-er safely. :)

AnonymouslyYours
07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Josey -- Heck yeah I'm on google+ :) I haven't really been using it too much other than to update my circles, but I think I'll play with it more this weekend! Yep, today's workout was fantastic. I definitely have more energy these days, also! Which is great except for days like today when I want to bounce around but my body is ACHING! haha Good luck on the run tonight! I'd like to offer a preemptive "Bless you!" just in case! ;) haha I'll be running after you in the morning, trying to catch up!

Courtney -- Good luck in your interview! What time is it tomorrow? I'll make sure to send good thoughts your way during that time! :)

JayTee
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Celrae -- Congrats on BL Red Team "Honorable Mention" this week!
Honorable Mention:
celrae, -3.5lbs, -1.50%

Sarge continues to smile every time a platoon member kicks as* in that challenge!

Cheshirecat
07-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I did my speed work. Whew. It's was a hot one out. But it was nice to just let go and run as fast as I can (in small sprints mind you).

Anon and Josey-Whoa, jealous. How did you get invites to Google+?!

decap-You've got day 2 in the bag for clean eating!! I've been loving me some blackberries. I usually don't eat them because they cost so much but I couldn't resist last store trip.

Dreamer-Yay for feeling so great!

diyana-You are doing awesome. I'd say doing over an hour of exercise in one day is spectacular!

Courtney-Good luck with the interview!!

Calrae-Way to rock the BL challenge!

Okay time to get moving and do some cleaning. Blah! But with music from Pandora...so it's cleaning, dancy time!

pokeycactus
07-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Envelope - Isn't it crazy to see the improvement? The first mile I ran a few months back was 22+ minutes and now I'm down to 12 minute miles. Congrats on the 15 minute miles - and it sounds like you keep that pace consistent! Good going.

Celrae - I was thinking about you and Crossfit this morning. How is it going? Are you still enjoying it?

Courtney - Wooooo job interview!!!!! You're going to knock it out of the park! Let us know how it goes?

Dreamer - Glad to hear you're having such a great day and are feeling good! :D

Reso - 100 miles this week?! Crazy crazy, but I bet you can totally do it. I was thinking about you this morning, hope things are going well :hug:

MadamB - I triple dog dare you to put your 20 inch zucchini into a bikini!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: To quote you "funny in my own head?!" haha :)

Alrighty hardcore girls, I'm at 300 so far this week, and still have 30DS and probably some time on the bike ahead of me yet today...can you catch me?

AnonymouslyYours
07-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Chesh -- If you want an invite to Google+, just PM your email address.

K3LL3Y
07-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Chesh -- If you want an invite to Google+, just PM your email address.

Wait, they are still taking invites!! I thought it was all closed up!

AnonymouslyYours
07-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Wait, they are still taking invites!! I thought it was all closed up!

Yeah, they opened it up again. Not sure for how long, though.

josey
07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Anon and Josey-Whoa, jealous. How did you get invites to Google+?!

Having the right friend I guess. Want one? PM me your email address.

Edit: Well, I guess Anon is the bigger ...uh faster geek ;-) Anyways, if somebody wants an invite I can send some out too. PM me.

K3LL3Y
07-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Having the right friend I guess. Want one? PM me your email address.

Edit: Well, I guess Anon is the bigger ...uh faster geek ;-) Anyways, if somebody wants an invite I can send some out too. PM me.

Ha! I saw yours first.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
i have google+ to again want an invite lemme know!

K3LL3Y
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Another way for me to waste time on the internet.

josey
07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Another way for me to waste time on the internet.

but waaay nicer than facebook. :-)

SMSDREAMER2007
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
haha ikr k3ll3y? I am not a big google+ fan its basically facebook which I'm already on that way too much. I felt great all day today then I got home and I'm making chinese tonight (yumm-o) and well even though I am the cook my mother is sitting here telling me how to do it when I am the one who taught HER how to make chinese food. Go figure...I am now REALLY irritated. Sigh. I'm way under calories today too so I've kind of got a headache. Also sitting here thinking about all the clothes I have to give away which, don't get me wrong is a good thing but also not...Since I don't have the money to go buy new ones yet LOL. I think I am gonna have to pick my favorites and actually bring them in to make them last longer. We shall see...soon as this headache is gone. Hope you all are having a GRREEAATT second part of your day!

celrae
07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Pokey- Celrae - I was thinking about you and Crossfit this morning. How is it going? Are you still enjoying it?

I am, it is really helping me develop some basic fitness skills. Today I discovered that I was doing squats completely wrong. It is important in the beginning to learn good form and a class like this is helpful. I look good and I am gaining strength. I am considering doing 1 more 8 week session at the end of July.