Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Fri 7/8 - Sun 7/10

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on-program (no cheating) - adding this.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 7
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #2  
I know I can

Good morning everyone!
Well, I lost another pound this morning! WOW! Don't know how that happened but I am very happy. I won't change my ticker until my WI.
I posted a thread yesterday asking if we could have the soft drink Zevia and only had one reply. Does anyone know if it is allowed?
It is going to be around a 100 degrees today so I am going to drink more water than normal.
We really need the rain. My trees need more and more water.
I hope you all have a lovely day!

Last edited by Watkat; 07-09-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! TOM is still throwing me all over the scale. I can't wait until this is over. I have an interview today at 3 and would love some positive thoughts if you have some to spare!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #4  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! TOM is still throwing me all over the scale. I can't wait until this is over. I have an interview today at 3 and would love some positive thoughts if you have some to spare!
TRy not to look at the scale. It's hard I KNOW! Just remember every day you are on the IP diet you are one day closer to THIN!
You are losing even if you are not showing it on the scale. You are losing the inches!!
So go to the interview and feel wonderful!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
Well, I lost another pound this morning! WOW! Don't know how that happened but I am very happy.
I posted a thread yesterday asking if we could have the soft drink Zevia and only had one reply. Does anyone know if it is allowed?
It is going to be around a 100 degrees today so I am going to drink more water than normal.
We really need the rain. My trees need more and more water.
I hope you all have a lovely day!
The only thing I've drank since I started is water and coffee. Well, and my shakes. I put berry pomegranate mio in every other glass most days but I drink anywhere from 120-150oz. I had 2 sips of a fountain diet coke last Friday because my husband thought it'd be safe and wanted to share it but I made him drink the rest and I put my water in the cup when he was done. I guess you could say I'm back to the point where I'm content with water. I crave a coke every now and then but not bad enough to ruin everything.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Carrying this over from yesterday's thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597
Hello...I know it's late or early for some. Working nights here so I've been up all night. Had a chance to read up on the daily posts. Congrats to all the NSV's and SV's. Keep up the great work everybody.

I had my WI this afternoon after waking up from sleeping after my night shift. Down only .8 lbs and 1 inch. I'm not overly worried about. I'm sure there's alot of reasons. First off I'm working nights and not sleeping that well during the day. These 12 hour nights are a killer. Plus I haven't been too regular in the last week. Not sure what is going on there. But if you look at my signature, you will see that I have a low lost and then a really good loss the next week. That has happened twice now, so hoping next week will be a good one.

Ever since I've been on IP (10 weeks now) my skin has been really dry. My eczema is really acting up and it doesn't matter what kind of cream I use it's not getting better. I do have an apt to see the dermatologist Aug 3. So hopefully he can give me something better. Anybody else experience this?

Also before I started IP I would bruise very easily. But I haven't seen a bruise on me for about 9 weeks now. But this week I've noticed it's starting up again. Not sure why. But every time I bang myself on something I get a bruise. So I'm covered with bruises and really don't know how it's all happening. Does this happen to anybody else?

Well tonight is my last night shift and I finally go back to days on monday. Hopefully my body will re-adjust and I'll have a better week with sleeping and losing weight.

My DH announced to me last evening that we are headed out of town for the weekend. We need to purchase another truck as his company truck is being sold, so we need to find one. So headed up to Toronto to see what they have. His parents live there and they haven't seen me since Christmas, so curious to see if they will notice. Probably not as nobody has said too much to me yet.

Well hope you all have a great day and weekend.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning! wow it's pouring here!!!
I am down 3#'s since my weigh in Tues (BUT I am in the buff). Still super cool to see it going down. I have had a tough go at it, so I am hoping to have some bigger loses in the weeks to come.
As for what is allowed or not, my coach says to read everything! Basically, if it is "sugarfree" it is most likely going to have asperathame! gosh, that is in everything it seems. SO I have stuck to water (112 oz a day) and my 1/2 cup black coffee and add my vanilla shake to it in the mornings. My coach even had me cut splenda out. My occasional piece of sugarless gum is even a no-no. So, for me, I am going to stick with Walden Farms stuff and check out my local "healthy appetites" store that houses organic everything. Just read labels super carefully. Sorry, I hope that helps a little. I have also come to the realization that if I think I might not be able to have, I won't.

Have a wonderful OP weekend friends!!!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

"Ever since I've been on IP (10 weeks now) my skin has been really dry. My eczema is really acting up and it doesn't matter what kind of cream I use it's not getting better. I do have an apt to see the dermatologist Aug 3. So hopefully he can give me something better. Anybody else experience this?"

JoAnne9597, yes I have! My skin has been really dry and my underarms are drying up too, which is so bizarre to me, but it has to do with how some people react while in ketosis. I started an Omega 3 for the extra oil. So farm so good. Hope that helps!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone! It was a bit of an adventure driving to work in a thunderstorm this morning- but I had a yummy drink to enjoy along the way! I tossed my chocolate RTD in the blender with some ice, a packet of instant coffee, a dash of WF Caramel syrup and a bit of water to thin out the mixture. Sooooo yummy!
I'm actually excited about "pizza" for dinner tonight. The plan is to slice up some eggplant, toss on some oil and italian seasonings, then layer spinach, tomato and turkey pepperoni and bake in the oven...I don't see how I can go wrong with that!
Tomorrow will be tempting as we will be at a wedding, but I will make sure to fill up on water and bring a bar as a sweet treat to tough it out!
Classy Broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Not sure how to answer the 2 ladies who asked me yesterday's thread: "Where in Alberta are you located?" and the answer is: Grande Prairie!
Lorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone!! I'm feeling pretty crappy today, not because of the diet, at least I think....I have had a sore neck since Monday, and ever since yesterday afternoon, it seems to have spread to my shoulder/upper arm. It is a constant pain, and is making it hard to do much at work! I wish I could just go home, but thats not possible in my position, as well as the fact that my back up person is leaving early today......anyway!!!!!

I'm hoping its nothing major, but its not fun! I was wondering if it may be due to something related to the diet....but not sure!

Also, I saw someone said something about splenda being a no-no, but my coach hasnt really put a limit on it, or taken it out....just looking for thoughts on that?

Hope everyone has a blessed day today!! Stay positive....and keep looking towards the end of the hardships to a happy and healthy life!! You are all BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #12  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPers!! Hope you're having a great Friday. Fridays just make me smile because it means a weekend home with my son and hubby. It's a million degrees here so we'll probably spend it at the pool.

In regards to drinks- most will adhere to "no diet pop" because we are trying to have an alkaline (hope that's spelled right...it means non-acidic) environment in our bodies. All diet pop will have some sort of acid in it. Now, with that said, diet pop is my sanity and I've had 1 a day for the entire diet and I'm almost at goal. That's my 2 cents and others will likely disagree.

After a 4th of July weekend of indulgence, I'm on my 4th day 100% back on plan. It's gone well but, gosh, weekends are hard. Regardless, I'm all in. Almost done with program and need to finish strong!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #13  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Good morning!! I have been on plan for nearly six weeks. I use to love diet pop but have cut it out completely because of the aspartame. I do drink carbonated lemon flavored water with 0 carbs 0 calories. It helps me feel full. So far it seems to be okay. Today I plan to sit outside in my favorite chair reading a good book sipping water. Have a great day everyone.
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning IPers!! Hope you're having a great Friday. Fridays just make me smile because it means a weekend home with my son and hubby. It's a million degrees here so we'll probably spend it at the pool.

In regards to drinks- most will adhere to "no diet pop" because we are trying to have an alkaline (hope that's spelled right...it means non-acidic) environment in our bodies. All diet pop will have some sort of acid in it. Now, with that said, diet pop is my sanity and I've had 1 a day for the entire diet and I'm almost at goal. That's my 2 cents and others will likely disagree.

After a 4th of July weekend of indulgence, I'm on my 4th day 100% back on plan. It's gone well but, gosh, weekends are hard. Regardless, I'm all in. Almost done with program and need to finish strong!
Love the new Avatar you look great and your son is so cute.

My thought on the pop issue is my instructions say not to have any so I don't. I think that if people do have them and their weight loss slows down they should have another look at whether pop is worth it or not. I miss my diet coke but you know what? Like everything else I miss, it will be there when I finish and if it is true what people say is the things you miss don't taste nearly as good as they did... then what am I missing. I am thinking even on Maintenance I won't stay much from what I eat now, just might add a treat once a week or so... that is it.

We had a wicked storm last night, kept my old dog up so if she is up so am I... and still raining on my way too work... maybe a little bit of this cold weather will kill the mosquitos.. lets hope.

Have a great weekend, and to get by on the weekend's I generally spend a lot of time out of the house doing things.... If you find you are craving something, get out of the house with a bottle of water and go for a walk... helps me all the time.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok Today at 2PM is my first weight-in.... this morning at home, naked and no food or water yet, I was 5.2 lbs down. YIPPEE, this has never happened for me and I followed Nutrisystem to the tee and WW to the tee. I blamed my faulty thyroid, but this is seeming to work. SMILES ALL 'ROUND! I will post my official loss later today.

I have 2 parties on the Lake (Keuka, the most beautiful Finger Lake, tee hee,where I grew up) this weekend and I am taking my own cooler and don't care what anybody says!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote