Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Talking Shedding the pooch

Oh my gosh! After only jogging for one month, I've managed to lose some of the dreaded belly pooch leftover from my last pregnancy (almost six years ago). I always wanted to jog outside but was too chicken to try it. I've been researching and talking about doing it for like six months now. I finally went down to the shoe store and bought myself a pair of quality running shoes. Then I purchased some running apparel. I'm totally in love with it. I'm sorry I didn't start sooner. The only spot on my stomach that still has a bit of loose skin is like the portion directly below my navel and about 3 inches downward. Everywhere else, my upper abdomen, obliques and where my torso meets my thigh is much tighter now. It's crazy because my stomach never looked like this before I had kids. I'm eating really cleanly, no refined carbs or sugar, drinking a ton of water and lots of fruit and vegetables too. My stomach has always been a source of disappointment for me ever since I can remember and finally, finally something has worked. I'm a banana-shaped female (very boyish-shaped) so even my collarbone has "popped" from all the cardio so I look a little more feminine now, I think. Running really does work. It's weird also how even though you think you look thin, you still can have a very distinct layer of fat covering your stomach, lol. I should redo my waist to hip ratio and see if it went down.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

I have fallen in love with jogging, it is amazing!!!

You should redo your waist to hip ratio, it is bound to have changed with the differences you have noticed.

My twins turn 6 tomorow, and I am going to jog off my pooch too.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

I feel some fat masses tiny balls under my skin. Any body knows anything about it?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #4  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Way to go! Sounds like you've made some excellent progress in the first month so good for you!!

I'm on a learn to run program and some days are really tough, but I'm sticking through it. My first goal is to lose 50 lbs. I would be content there but I really would love to be down to 160, which is a 70 lb loss.

I tried running outside once but wasn't able to run the last of my 3 reps. I ran in a hilly area, in 30 above temps and I was sick with a cold. Since then I've been too chicken to try it again.

Anyhoo, good for you. I bought my first pair of quality running shoes too and what a difference!! I still get shin splints on occasion but I think that may be just because I'm pretty heavy. I hope those will go away as I lose weight.

Keep us posted! Love hearing about the success of other chicks who are running!
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

I got shin splints the first couple of times too. I think that was because I was a bit um, overzealous and I took off like a shotgun, lol. Once I slowed my pace down and ran on the road not the cement (which is harder on your joints) I did okay. I also don't do many hills. I do flat terrain - at least for now. I don't know what your age is but running's made me feel ten years younger at least (I'm 39). Ditto on the quality running shoes. I was running in crappy sneakers the first few times and my feet were not happy. My hubby took me shopping for shoes and a bunch of running apparel too. He's amazed at the progress I've made too. Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-12-2011 at 03:42 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote