Old 07-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Default 40-Somethings SUMMER SHOW DOWN CHALLENGE....ends August 1

Hey Folks....I couldn't think of when to end the next challenge, thought August 1 was a good date...

We lost a lot of folk in the fourth of July challenge, let's try this again.

Natamars, you seemed to have a setback at the end of the last challenge. Sounds like water gain to me. Bloat really messes with the scale and yet we all tend to choose that as our way to gauge our progress..me included.

I had a bad experience yesterday. There is a spin instructor at the gym I work at that is also a trainer. He mentioned that I have been losing weight, I asked him to measure my body fat percentage. Wow, it was pretty bad. Basically I'm made up of bones and fat. Losing weight, not doing strength training, being in my forties...it was all a recipe for muscle loss.....this isn't healthy. I'm putting myself at risk for injury. I zumba like crazy which is great, but not enough muscle means not enough strength to keep up with this crazy schedule of mine. Zumba is a wonderful workout, don't get me wrong...but I (and this means not everyone else) needs more right now to look and feel the way that I want to. SO...my challenge goal is to try and gain some muscle and lower the body fat percentage number, which was prety bad yesterday. Even the trainer was surprised. I'm skinny fat!!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #2  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Zumba!

Just curious - how did he measure your body fat? I have a scale that supposedly reads it, and I know they can be inaccurate..when I first got the scale, it showed my body fat was over 40%. I was pretty shocked, because even though I weighed in the 140's then, I was going to the gym 5 days a week and doing both aerobics and strength trining. I had it checked during a health check at work a few monthsback, and it was 32.5, still too high. I was in the 16-18% range a few years back!

Have you been on the weight machines again? I remember you said you really enjoyed it last time.

My goals for 8/1:
Weigh 125 lbs.(not sure what I weigh today - I am still so bloated I'm in pain and am NOT gettig on a scale right now!)
Supplements daily
be able to run 6 miles w/o stopping
Strength training 2-3 days/week
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #3  

Hi everybody...I was at Zumba convention...four days of Zumba craziness...it was awesome.....but now it is time to get back to reality........

My weight is holding steady give or take a lb. or two.....took a nutrition class while I was at convention by Dr Peeke, the doctor that wrote the book Body for Life for Women...she pretty much just confirmed everything that I already heard and was trying to do...no bad carbs...no carbs like pasta, bread and rice at night...your carbs should be vegetables. Oh and she finally explained the starvation mode theory to me in a way that made sense, not the way everyone else thinks it works...
I'm psyched to go the rest of the way to SKINNY.....hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #4  

hey, looks like this challenge bit the dust. Hope everyone is okay.