Chicks up for a Challenge - September 20th Challenge Week 3!

View Full Version : September 20th Challenge Week 3!

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
To start off week number 3...here is week 2's chart! Congratulations to all the ladies that made honors awards. We lost around 18 lbs together last week so good job ladies!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/claireclaire14/Doc33.jpg

TEAM CHALLENGE
i have devided us into 2 teams...the green team and the blue team. the blue team has 8 active players and the green team has 7. the contest is about the % of weight lost from the group...so the number of pounds doesnt matter the most. Now, if your name is highlighted in orange, you did not weigh in this last week and you will just focus on individual weight loss and not team weight loss. the winning team will get to decide whether we do another team challenge next week....or whether we go back to individualized weight loss. So get to know your team mates and motivate eachother ladies!!!

HONORS AWARDS
i just want to explain a little about why these ladies got honors awards this week.
iamerican you won Miss Never Gives Up this week because you are constantly trying to find a balance between the real world and the dieting world, like when you go out to drinks with friends and you go out to a birthday celebration..and yet you always jump right back on the bandwagon. so congratulations
melni you won the new award Miss Confidence because you felt good enough to put on a bathing suit this last week, and realize you look pretty dang good in it! so congratulations =]
elizabethyellow you won Miss Motivator this week because during the first week i didnt see you posting too much. But this week you got on almost every day and posted individulized motivations for different ladies and you became very involved. so congratulations =]
diyana you won Miss Diet Guru because your weight loss has been right on track for the last 2 weeks and you've been so consistent with giving advice to our ladies about both diet and exercise.
kurisitaru you won Miss Exercise Champ because you were constantly letting us all know how much exercise you had put in that day and what exercise programs you have been up to, and that really gives some of our girls great ideas for their own weight loss plans =]
LaCatrina you have won Miss Positivity because even though you're brand new to the challenge, you got right in there and started supporting and motivating like you had known these ladies for weeks. So congratulations =]

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who lost this week! team challenges will be fun! dont let your team down!!! :p

elizabethyellow
07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
YAY BLUE TEAM! (And green team too... I can't be mean to you because we're all in this together now right?!) Thank you Claire for the award!! I will try to keep on being a motivator for everybody, because I know how much I enjoy reading everybody's words of encouragment.

melni
07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello blue team!

I'm in a few other challenges, but I have to say this is by far my favorite! All the encouragement is great! Keep it up, ladies. :carrot:

caramelkitty
07-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Ummmm........can I join in here? September 20th is the day after my birthday and I would love to have a kick a$$ motivating challenge to back up my loss!!

If I am allowed to :wave: (pretty pretty please!!) please just let me know what I am to do and I will make sure to do it :)

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 04:39 PM
caramelkitty you are in luck! we had two ladies who left the chart so we have two openinings. so welcome! just post your starting weight and your goal weight and I will assign you the GREEN TEAM now the teams are even!

caramelkitty
07-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Oh gosh YAY! :) Okay cool.

My starting weight as of Sunday (to be fair with everyone) is: 185.8
and my goal weight for this challenge is 160 :) Hopefully I can lose a little more but I'll aim realistically.

ClaireBear92THANKS FOR LETTING ME JOIN!!! and thanks for starting and taking care of this challenge :hug:

GO GREEN TEAM! (and blue team <3 )

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 05:11 PM
oh no problem caramelkitty! I am very excited that we're maintaining around 20 girls. i would hate to get down to like 5 by the time september comes around.

caramelkitty
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Well I can assure you that with the Challenge falling into my bday weekend, I will definitely be one of the remaining 5 ;)

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 05:27 PM
awesome caramelkitty!

Anyway, I didnt work out last night because my hair turned orange when i tried to dye it and i had a little breakdown! but i got my hair fixed today and im planning on hitting the gym after work!

TheBunneh
07-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Ack, sorry about your hair! That happened to me once when I tried to go blonde on my own (I was 15 :rolleyes:), but thankfully the orange/golden color didn't look half bad on me. :dizzy:

Welcome to the group caramelkitty!

Yay for Green Team. :D I hope my weight stops acting weird and I don't let you guys down. :(

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 06:39 PM
TheBunneh, you work your butt off! you wont let your team down.

GO BLUE TEAM

sewhappy
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
okay kind of dumb question but the colors on my monitor are so similar I'm not positive which team I'm on--it looks like green? thanks!

melni
07-05-2011, 07:04 PM
sewhappy, it looks like you're on the green team!

sewhappy
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Thank you, melni

elizabethyellow
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
WOO this is exciting! Claire, sorry to hear about your hair! That happened to a friend of mine in high school, I'm glad you got it fixed!

caramelkitty
07-05-2011, 09:15 PM
What color is ur hair now? Show us ! :)

iamerican
07-05-2011, 10:20 PM
ClaireBear: You are the best. I seriously love this challenge. Thanks for the award! Made my day! Congrats on your weight loss. You are kicking ***. You should get the biggest loser of the week award! What color did you hair end up being?

Caramelkitty: Welcome and Welcome to the green team!

30DS level 2 day 3 complete. Man am I sore. Level two is kicking my ***. Bed soon since I was up all night last night-the hubby was stealing my half. :)

Congrats on all the lweight losers this week! Lets all keep it up and reach our goals!

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
my hair is now an ashy blonde...i will post pictures sometime tomorrow so you can all see!

About to head to the gym and work out! Hope my legs are up to letting me run intervals on the tredmill! they've been pretty sore lately.

caramelkitty
07-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I had an intense workout tonight :) I'm feelin mighty positive... Let's hope the scale is negative in the morning ! Started losing a little slower lately so I upped the intensity and the resistance of the elliptical and stayed on for 35 mins non-stop :) go green team!

kurisitaru
07-06-2011, 04:23 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won an award!?

That's so... so... *tear*... awesome.
=D

Congrats to everyone else as well!
I was all out camping for the last few days and enjoying my Grandmothers 70th Birthday!
>.>
<.<
I'm a HORRID person as I ate a bit too much after allowing myself some wine. I knew I'd get tips... and I knew tipsy meant ZERO self-control.
NO EXCUSES!

Next week I WILL lose weight, even with this minor set back! I will stay on track for the rest of the week and I will exercise my butt off!

HUZZAH Blue Team! I hope to throw in some weight loss!

diyana
07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Dang! I just lost my post! Don't have time to rewrite the whole thing. :(

ClaireBear - Thanks for the award! I'm so glad your hair is now a lovely ash blonde, rather than orange!

Kurisitaru - You are not a horrid person for indulging a little. Sheesh, that would make nearly all of us horrid people. These are lifelong lifestyle changes and because of that, we need to allow ourselves to occasionally enjoy life's celebrations! Glad to hear you're back on track.

Caramelkitty - Great job on the intense workout!! If the scale doesn't show a loss after an intense workout, it could just be your muscles retaining fluid to help repair/heal. Don't wail over the scale. :rofl: If you are following a healthy, portion-controlled eating plan and are exercising regularly, the results will show on the scale, sometimes it takes a day or two or three (or more), but they will show up.

A big :wave: to elizabethyellow, melni, and all the other Blue Teamers! Let's watch those calories (or carbs or whatever we're watching) and move as much as we can so we can rock this week's weigh in!! :woohoo:

iamerican
07-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Woke up this morning to do 30ds. after level two warm up, I decieded my body needed a little break so i switched to level one. After the first circuit, my stomach hurt so bad. I hope i am not getting sick. I didnt finish. :( I have class after work tonight, so i dont know if I will get a workout in, but i could use a day off. maybe a walk? Hope everyone stays on plan today!

caramelkitty
07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
iamerican even a walk is better than nothing :) just keep on moving.

As for me, major bummer, i expected too much from that workout I guess.
I dont know, I stayed on plan, I worked out even more intensively...
and yet, I managed to stay the exact same weight as yesterday. Bleh. I guess I can't beat myself up over this but it sucks, nevertheless.

I'm going to stay positive though and force my body into thinking like me, and predicting a whoosh in the next few days :)

One thing's for sure though I will not give up. If anything I'm gonna give myself a major butt kicking! haha

All this typing is making me hungry, I'm gonna go get some raspberries.:p

TheBunneh
07-06-2011, 11:30 AM
iamerican Is 30 day shred an every day workout? Cause I always take two days a week off from vigorous exercise or else I burn out and can't push as hard. A walk is a great idea, you do have to let your body recover. =)

caramelkitty The scale won't always drop every day, even when you're making awesome progress. A few days at the same weight is normal.

It's a little ironic that I'm saying not to be discouraged by the scale though, when I myself am lamenting over the stupid thing. It's STILL the same. Meh. My digestion has been off too, which may be affecting it. I'm hoping it's not my new medication? Ah well, I'll just have to keep sticking to plan and wait it out.

elizabethyellow
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Maybe my body is weird, or my scale is fickle, but each and everytime I step on my brand new digital scale from Target, it gives me a different weight! Even if I weigh myself, and then literally five seconds later I weigh myself again, it will either be down or up by +/- 0.2 lbs! Does everyone see that? Do you usually take averages to combat this?

Thanks for all the support yesterday you guys, I know some of you saw another thread I posted about my dumb (now ex) boyfriend and all that drama. Today I'm feeling a lot better thanks to you and some of my friends here. I really am happy that I turned to you all for a shoulder to lean on instead of a quart of chocolate ice cream! I can't lie and say yesterday was a GREAT day for eating choices - in fact, it was completely 100% off plan. But luckily I recognize that and am going to fix it today! I'll be chomping on my nutrigrain bar here in a few minutes and chugging water to combat all that sodium that I didn't even bother tracking yesterday because I know it was higher than I'd like to see! But, thank you all again. You are all wonderful, beautiful ladies and I really appreciate how supportive you always are.

I hope all of you have a great OP day and accomplish everything you want today! :)

Claire, let's see the hair! :) :) :)

xxALICIAxx
07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
YAY I weighed myself today and I am already down 1 pound since Monday! :carrot: I upped my work out to 2 hours and apparently it's working!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!! :)

GO BLUE TEAM!!!

diyana
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Alicia - Congrats on the weight loss so far, and the awesome workouts! :woohoo:

LaCatrina
07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Awwww!!! Claire, thank you very much!!!:hug: (blushing here) It’s quite easy to feel right at home between a group of such positive, nice gals! Thank you for letting me in :flow1:

Congratulations to all the award winners and the losers and super big losers we had this week!!! Way to rock it!! :bravo:

Yesterday I was going to do a clubbell workout, but my shoulder was telling me to do otherwise. I took a walk with my husband and our dog, so I did do something.

Welcome, camelkitty!!! You’re gonna love this group!

Sorry to hear about the problem with your hair Claire :( I’ve always had dark hair, but I’ve had several bad haircuts along time

Iamerican – Wow girl!! You’re seriously rocking the Shred!! I’ve always felt that level 2 is worse than 3… 3 is not as grueling, at least for me

Kurisitaru – no worries!! What matters is getting back on track, and I know you will!! :hug:

TheBunneh – The scale can fool you big time if your digestion is not going as it should. My MIL suffers constipation, and her doctor told her that bowels can hold as much as 10 pounds of poop!!!! Meds can also make your weight fluctuate (I’ve taken cortisone in the past, so I’ve been there too). I’m in TOM time, so I still feel blotated. My wedding ring feels tight

Elizabethyellow – I always use the same scale, at about the same moment in the day, right after going to the bathroom. It’s easier to get a more precise figure. Have a great OP day today!!!

Alicia – wooo whooooo!!!!! Congratulations!!! Rub some of that luck on me!!!

I just did a full T-Tapp workout!!! I'm happy. I'm learning the moves and the technique, since I've read raving reviews lately. Even though I put on a bit of weight my clothes fit better ( or so I've been told)

Have a wonderful day everybody!!! Let's rock this!!! :carrot:

ClaireBear92
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
caramelkitty dont get discouraged when you weigh yourself everyday when you dont see the numbers on the scale drop. our bodies are weird and you can work your butt of for days and not see a change on the scale and then one morning you wake up and you're down 2 pounds. it'll all catch up to you. I only weigh myself twice each week.

elizabethyellow I had the same problem with my digital scale!! It would always fluctuate. i dont know if they're the most trustworthy machines. I still like the scales with the little hands like a clock....they dont seem to fluctuate like the digitals do.

Ok...so today I am celebrating 23 days of not going over calorie budget and staying with my diet....on the other hand....i didnt get to the gym AGAIN last night. that's 2 days in a row and i'm disappointed in myself. i am definately going to the gym tonight and staying for a good 90 minutes!

TheBunneh
07-06-2011, 02:36 PM
elizabethyellow Good job on getting right back on track. That's the most important thing.

Alicia Congrats on the loss!!!

LaCatrina That may explain it then. I've been chugging water so I hope it gets better soon. Good job on the workout!

Claire Yay for having so many day in a row on plan! Good luck at the gym.

caramelkitty
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks girls for the warm welcome :)

ClaireBear92 I know I shouldnt let the scale bother me, the plus side is that at least it didnt go up! Lol As for your workout, dont stress, 2 days off is not that big of a deal, ur body is going to get a surprise when you do work out and actually be more efficient that way, its always good to give it a little break once in a while :)

A little side note, I saw my fiancé's sister and cousin for lunch today, we all had salads, and they looked at me and said YOU'RE SO SKINNY! and I know its not true but it felt good knowing they (skinni-er girls) would notice a difference. They also said that there's no way in **** that I would need to lose another 40. I still will, but it just made me happy to hear :)

Then we started talking about weight and one of the girls said she weighs 150 and she feels so fat, then I asked her how much she thought I weighed and she said 160 max! :) YAY!!!!!!!! hahaha that just made my day. Needless to say she was SHOCKED when I told her my real weight, and said its impossible.

ClaireBear92
07-06-2011, 03:09 PM
i know what you mean caramelkitty! none of my friends believed me when i wasnt in the 100s. im just built differently. i carry most of my weight in my hips and legs. that's why im working on them so hard. but the first place i lost weight was in my face and shoulders. i feel like i have the face of a skinny person lol...now the body just needs to match up.

caramelkitty
07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
lol ClaireBear92 SAME HERE!!! look at my avatar. from far you'd think i was tiny.
as soon as I get up from sitting down they see my hips and bum and are like WHOA! lol :)

Good to know I'm not alone :)

ClaireBear92
07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
haha totally!!! and im 19 and people still think im 17 and i get carded EVERYWHERE i go. its lame lol. i feel like im one giant illusion.

TheBunneh
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
The same thing happens to me. When people first started noticing my weight loss and asked how much I lost they were shocked. So many people said things like "There's no way you had that much to lose!" or "I didn't notice you were THAT big!"

I'm sure part of it was just politeness, but it's nice to think other people didn't see me as being as big as I did.

kurisitaru
07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I wish I had a thin face... I so don't.
Even in high school when I was a GREAT weight, my face just LOOKS fat.

(round face... grrrr)
Pictures of me, you look at my body when I was thin, and I looked fine. Zoom in on my face and you would think I weighed an extra 50 lbs...

I always have a double chin look... and puffy cheeks....

XD

elizabethyellow
07-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I have a round face too; I think once I get into healthier weights it'll be a little better! But I like my round face, it does make me look younger which we'll all appreciate when we're getting up there in years :)

TheBunneh
07-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Holy Cow.

I just finished working out. I did Amy Dixon's Breathless Body for the first time, and wooow, it's hard. It's a tabata style workout, meaning you do an exercise till you're completely breathless for 20 seconds and repeat eight times, with a 10 second rest in between. Eight times. It was a tough hour (well, 55 minutes or so). I was so proud of myself afterward, though, that I skipped the cool down and did the first two combos and cool down of Kari Anderson's Hot Steps (so 25 or so more minutes).

My. Legs. Feel. Like. JELLO.

:D

xxALICIAxx
07-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Aww Thank you so much ladies!! :smug: I already feel amazing this week. I changed my avatar! It's an older picture from last summer, My hair is now dark brown.. I have to take a new one soon!

CaramelKitty & ClaireBear I know how you girls feel!! I also have huge hips!! [Having 3 kids - I really spreeadd out haha] I've lost 30 pounds but I don't think any of it has been from my hips!!

TheBunneh* My legs feel like jello today too! BUT just remember -> it's a good thing!!! :D

caramelkitty
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Ooohh I wish my legs feel like jello too in an hour ;) time to go pump some iron (Arnold voice) lollll

And Clairebear I wish I was 19 again, that was by far my favorite year :)

skinnychicagogirl
07-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Clarebear - you are awesome! the awards are so cute, thanks for doing this!! And don't beat yourself up too much about 2 days off of the gym... it's good to take a little break. And you are KICKING BUTT on your eating - and that's 80% of the battle!!

Welcome Carmelkitty! We have birthdays close to each other - mine is Sep 23!! We shall celebrate with our new hot selves. I'm buying myself a sexy little pair of jeans - I can already see them... happy birthday to me! ;)

and... GOOOOO GREEN TEAM!!!!! WAHOO!! Watch out blue, we're going to give ya a run for your money!!!!

I was tired after too much sun n fun this weekend but I finally got in a workout - i went to a class at The Bar Method. I just started there, looks infinitely easier than it is. my legs SHAKE and SHAKE. It's all about toning... so tomorrow I need to get in some cardio and get those endorphins going!

Happy HUMP day all!!

melni
07-07-2011, 03:29 AM
I was going to have individual comments for everyone, but holy moley, there are a lot of posts since the last time I was on. I'm so glad everyone is getting closer!

I didn't exercise today, but I went to an outdoor mall type place and walked ALL day. I'm exhausted. I went with some friends (all of whom are normal size) and of course, every store we went into didn't have sizes that fit me. I'm sooo close to being able to shop at some of these stores, I can taste it!

All is well, though. I bought some cute accessories and I burned a ton of calores, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is well! (Oh, and go Blue Team! :p )

caramelkitty
07-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I lost 1.4 yayyyy!!!!! :) weighed in at 183.2 this morning. I was a little in disbelief so I stepped back on. :) SAME THING!!!! That means I'm down 2lb since Sunday! Oh man I am so excited to hit the 170s!

GO GREEN TEAM!!!!

diyana
07-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Like Melni, I'd hoped to have comments for everyone...but there are so many of us now...and so little time. LOL

Physical therapy kicked butt yesterday! Sheesh, what a great workout! It's like circuit training...moving from one exercise to the next with little or no break in between, with the goal being to rehab/strengthen my back and the supporting ab muscles. It feels so wonderful to finally be past the "pain relief" phase of PT and into the "strengthening" phase. I've got a long road to recovery as I still can't walk or stand for more than 15 minutes at a time. And I still need to work on balancing on one foot, but I am getting stronger and learning to use and maintain perfect form in terms of my back, abs and pelvis. After PT, I wanted to mow the lawn, cut down the weeds along the fence, and also go to the pool for water aerobics...but once I got done the mowing and weeding, I didn't have any energy left for the pool. DH has had a bad sinus infection and awful allergies, so I couldn't leave the yard work for him. I don't mind doing it anyway, and I burned a bunch of calories. Tonight is Ball Zumba - it's a regular Zumba class, but I do the moves sitting on an exercise ball (great core workout)!

Caramelkitty - Congrats on the weight loss!! :bravo:

iamerican
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Alica: Congrats on the weight loss! You are kicking it.

TheBunneh: It is supposed to be everyday, but I do 30DS about 5 days a week. I did much better today having an off day yesterday. Nice job on your workout. You are doing awesome!

LaCatrina: I am glad to hear you think level 3 isnt as bad. That gives me some hope.

ClaireBear: Congrats on the 23 days. Your self control is inspiring

CaramelKitty: Congrats on the 2 pounds. You are rocking it.

Diyana: Ball zumba sounds cool. I mean, I have never done regular Zumba but that sounds way fun!

Yesterday I had a long day. Class is kicking my ***. I wasn’t feeling good off and on all day, but even though I didn’t get in all my 30DS I did go on like a nice light walk at night with the hubby. Better than nothing. Got up this morning and did 30ds level 2. I did better on my planks, but my arms were weak today. Unless I make some major progress, I think at least 12 days on this level is a must. I have a major weekend coming up including tubing down the river and a big 4th of July party. So I want to try and eat REALLY well today and tomorrow to help make up for it. Even though I am heavier, I am still only trying to lose 1-1.5 pounds a week (sorry :( green team) but its better than nothing. If I lose this week it will be lucky! Good luck everyone. Lets do this!

caramelkitty
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
diyana thank you for the support, and I do hope that your PT helps you recover faster. You are very positive, I like that! :) You mowed the lawn, I dont know about you but I usually break out in crazy sweats when I do that! lol

iamerican thank you :) and dont need to apologize for the green team, we all do what we can, and slower is better than too fast, you dont want to be gaining it all back right away right? Hehehe!!

Zumba is awesome, but the last time I tried it I weighed in at 215 and couldn't do it. I have it on the Wii along with all those dance games and biggest loser, but I found Zumba was fun. And my fiancé was joining in too, maybe i'll give it a shot on the weekend. Some changes to my workout must not be a bad thing ;)

LaCatrina
07-07-2011, 12:34 PM
caramelkitty - It feels so good when people notice our hard work!!! Way to go! Also, congratz for the weight lost :cp:

Claire - I know what you mean!! When I'm sitting down I look way skinnier - Standing up, well, that's another story!! :twirly:

TheBunneh - I've only previewed Breathless Body, and trust me, I was sweating just by watching. I think it's great for when you're short on time, or just want to do a quicker workout. It's easy to split it in segments, as it seems

skinnychicagogirl - Oh my!! I would die and go to heaven if I had Bar Method classes in town. Same thing with Physique57. I've heard that none of the DVDS beat the live classes. Do you have the DVD? If so, do they compare good with the live class?

diyana - Way to go with your physical therapy! I'm doing T-Tapp right now (hopefully on a consistent basis - I have exercise routine ADD) not only because of the weight and inch loss, but because of the postural and rehabilitative benefits it claims to have. Have fun with Zumba!! I've always wanted to try, but I'm badly uncoordinated

iamerican - Sometimes taking a long walk eases up tension in the body, so it's good to take back and still do something active but less jarring than a regular workout. Sounds like you're going to have a great time this weekend!! Enjoy!

Yesterday I did my first full T-Tapp workout. My balance is totally off, but I'm hopeful it'll get better. I did good in the eating department, but I did have two drinks (scotch with water) with dinner. I'm hoping some alcohol doesn't pull me back, since I'm doing my workouts and watching my carbs.

I will do my 1 hour workout in a bit. I'm hitting for a bootcamp - doing a long workout back to back for 4 to 14 days, and then switching to every other day. I'm sprinkling kettlebell and clubbell workouts to add variety

Let's keep on rocking it!!! :high:

xxALICIAxx
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Congrats CaramelKitty!! :woohoo:

Sounds like everyone is doing amazing this week!! Yay!! :carrot:

elizabethyellow
07-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Whew okay, after a week or so of off-track, but not COMPLETELY off-plan eating, I am whipping my butt back into shape this week! Granted, I just started this morning but I already planned out my lunch and reevaluated my weight loss chart/food chart and realized if I don't get it together I won't get anywhere near where I need to be in September for the bridesmaid's dress fitting! As of now, it looks like I won't be making it to my goal of 123 pounds, but rather 134 for the dress fitting and 132 for the end of this challenge. I'll take it! It's better (20 pounds better!) than where I am now. Tonight, I will work out. I am watching my calories, carbs, and sodium, and after I hit submit I'll be going back to the kitchen to get more water to hopefully work off any excess sodium I've taken in over the last week. I figured if I wrote this all out to you it would give me motivation and require me to see it through so I'm not lying to you all! PLUS I don't want to let down my blue team! :)

doc2b
07-07-2011, 01:13 PM
YAY, YAY, YAY! Everyone in this challenge is doing SOO great and SOO encouraging! I haven't stepped on the scale yet to see my 4th holiWEEK damage. I am OP all day to today. Already lifted weights and hits some vballs (felt great haven't played on a court in over a year- a little rusty but not too bad) going to ATTEMPT a 3 mile jog tonight. according to c25K I only have to do 2.5 but I would like to get 3 miles down before I leave on my vacation on the 19th. I was shooting for 190 by vacay but fear this weekend may have ruined that so I am shooting for 195 (it is all inclusive drinks and food so it could be bad, but hopefully not TOO bad).
*elizabethyellow- Welcome back on the wagon-- YOU CAN DO IT!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!

I am sooo jealous of everyone that has all these classes to go to. We live in such a SMALL town that we have absolutely NO fitness classes offered. A lot of the middle aged ladies are extremely fit, but there are no classes. Its really weird.

Til next time- KEEP IT UP LADIES!

caramelkitty
07-07-2011, 01:31 PM
doc2b, honestly I never really felt comfortable doing these classes in public which is why I got a wii and a bunch of fitness games for it :)

melni
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
elizabethyellow Way to get back on track! I know you can do it. :D

doc2b I'm home for the summer in a town that has NO classes either. It's a bummer for sure. However, my college offers free zumba classes at the rec, so I'm itching to get back to school!

carmelkitty Congrats on your weight loss! Feels so good, doesn't it?

diyana Ball zumba? That sounds awesome! I might have to check that out.

iamerican It sounds like you're rolling right along with level 2 of 30DS. I need to get started on level 2. I've been meaning to for a while...

I'm so excited for everyone! :carrot:

diyana
07-07-2011, 02:23 PM
ElizabethYellow - Get right back up on the wagon! You can do it!

Doc2b - Videos are good too. You're doing great with your C25K!

Melni - Ball Zumba is just something me and my Zumba instructor made up. I used to be addicted to Zumba (6 days a week addicted!). Then I hurt my back and have been restricted to non-weight bearing exercise (mostly water aerobics). My instructor spent a few hours with me working on ways I can modify Zumba routines so that I can do them while sitting on an exercise ball. Do I burn as many calories as if I were on my feet? No. But it's something I can do without harming my back and it's fun!

LaCatrina
07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Great job for getting back on track, elizabethyellow! I've been there more times than I would like to admit. Life happens sometimes, and it's easy to go off plan, but what matters is taking action and rock it, just like you're doing now

doc2b - How are you liking C25K? I've meaning to start it a million times!!!

diyana - It's a blessing to have great fitness peeps that do than kind of stuff for you. Kudos to you for staying active in spite of your injury

ClaireBear92
07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Stepped on the scale this morning....even though I have only been to the gym twice since weigh in...i am down 1.5 lbs. just gotta kick my butt at the gym today tomorrow and saturday for a good weigh in for the BLUE TEAM!

Went to a party last night with my sorority sisters...and my soon to be new roommates. we met these 3 guys on our way to Zips (i didnt have anything of course) and one of them was actually flirting with me and touching my leg the whole time and now he's my friend on facebook! and Kala...(future roommate) told me i looked like id dropped a lot of weight...and she had no idea i was on a diet =]]] YAY!

ClaireBear92
07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
oh! and my new avatar pic is what my hair turned out like =]

diyana
07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
ClaireBear - How cool that the guy was flirting with you! I'm not surprised though, you're positively adorable! I love your new hair color (of course your old hair color was cute too)!

elizabethyellow
07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Yay ClaireBear! That's so awesome; as much as we know better, nothing feels better than getting some attention from the males AND hearing we lost weight from friends! I agree, your hair turned out great!

I have seen C25K mentioned all over 3FC and I have no idea what it is... anybody care to explain? :)

caramelkitty
07-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Omg Clairebear u look amazing!!!!! Love that haircolor on u! :) goofily on the weight loss too! :) And that guy had every right to flirt ur just adorable ;)

sewhappy
07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Just checking in. I did double exercise yesterday--walked to work (2 miles) and 45 minute strength training DVD. Everyone is doing so well--yay!

ClaireBear92
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
diyana, elizabethyellow, and caramelkitty

thank you guys! you just made my day =]

i think the TOM is on its way...a little bloated and crampy this afternooon.

TheBunneh
07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Claire Love your hair. You're gorgeous! I think TOM may be on it's way for me too. *grumble*

sewhappy Great job on the exercise!

doc2b Good luck with the jog!

CaramelKitty Congrats on the loss!

----

Arg. I'm tired. But I got in a pretty decent workout, so it's okay. :)

I looked for granola bars to take hiking last week, and was appalled by the choices. They all seemed like cookie bars, or sugar coated vitamin bricks. :no: So I decided to make my own today. I just threw ingredients together (measuring so I could estimate calories of course) and they actually turned out pretty good. Filling, and not laden with sugar! So that makes me happy. :yes:

Thinking about having a date night with hubby. Souplantation/Sweet tomatoes is great for that cause I can eat my fill of salad and veggies and not completely kill my cals. And he can still eat the pasta, soup, and bready things.

The scale was still the same this morning, but I tried on a too-tight blouse and it's closer to fitting. So I'm just gonna forget about the scale, it'll have to catch up to my hard work eventually.

Hope you all have a great night! :D

caramelkitty
07-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Omg thebunneh make me some bars too!! Haha I never wanna buy them anymore once I see the content.

I had a little argument (a really stupid one about my dog) with my family at supper and stormed off, so my workout was 3x the intensity just because I was so angry. I can't wait to have the upper hand and at least say I at least am not fat anymore!

Anger is my best motivation, I think.

Good job on the workouts girls and keep it up! <3

caramelkitty
07-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh and I forgot to say, I had a doctors appointment today and he told me I have NO medical problems (I was worried about cholesterol and diabetes since its in the family) and he said I did good on the weight loss, and he expects me to lose my weight by my next appointment and his exact words were "you are going to be a bombshell!" :)

ClaireBear92
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Just got back from the gym. 40 mins on the elliptical. ughhh im so tired. and i dont wanna go out with friend anymore, i just wanna sleep lol.

caramelkitty, i know what you mean. the couple days after the one night stand some guy decided to have with me 2 weeks ago, were the best workouts ive ever had.

doc2b
07-08-2011, 01:43 AM
I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT! NSV= Ran my first 5k distance (3.1 miles) and my mile split actually improved by 15 seconds from when I ran 2.5. YAY, YAY, YAY. I am sooo happy.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Here is the link to the cool running C25K site. It is a running program that is for people who have never ran before and is supposed to prepare the individual to run a 5K race (3.1 miles) within 30 minutes (I am not that fast). In the beginning as you can see its interval training then progresses to longer running intervals. I have started it like 10 times, and it wasnt until my friend and I started playing with the idea of running a half marathon that I finally got serious. I REALLY enjoyed it & recommend it, it finally made it seem like running distance was possible for me (the most I ever ran in vball was .5 miles= SPRINT sport).

TheBunneh- I am the same way- some of the stuff they put into those convienant "healthy" things is total sabotage- When I hike I sometimes throw together some healthy trail mix also. One thing that totally suprised me that I LOVED as a kid and finally read the label on as an adult is POP TARTS- THOSE THINGS ARE PACKED WITH CALORIES- its nutts- I hope the scale is good to ya tomorrow

caramelkitty- Sorry bout the arguement with your fam., but atleast you got a good workout out of the bad situation. Sounds like you have an extremely supportive Doctor= WONDERFUL!

melni
07-08-2011, 02:32 AM
doc2b that's awesome! Congratulations!

Well, today I saw Something Borrowed in theaters. I have to admit, I thought it was pretty cute. I needed a good chick flick!

caramelkitty
07-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Ohmigosh doc2b contests that's awesome!!!! :)

I went up 0.4 last night but that's probably the red meat from last nights BBQ... :( poo. Tomorrow will be better :)

iamerican
07-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey chicas. Feeling down today. Gah. It feels like I go out all the time (which I don't know-compared to most of the people around me, I dont) But I just turned 21 and am spending the summer having fun bc when I am in school, I am down to business. Well, I went to Toby Keiths last night and had a blast even though I didnt get to go home after working 9 plus hours. I had a salad (which wasnt the greatest cal wise) and a couple beers. I went over calories bc of the beer and the bowl of peppermint patties at work :( I didnt work out this morning since I didnt get home till 1. This weekend is HUGE! We are going tubing down the river and then my gma has a HUGE party. AKA lots of drinks and temptation. I have decieded I will be ok if I dont lose this week, but I DONT WANT TO GAIN. so tonight I promise I am going to work out. 30DS plus something be it a walk or the gym. This is my vow to you guys... so if I dont, come kick my butt okay? haha.

Sorry about the vent. No excuses-just whats on my mind. browsed quickly will do personals soon- but love the hair clairebear!

LaCatrina
07-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Good morning sexy ladies!!

Claire, that hue looks great on you! It's great that you got it fixed, it turned out perfect!!

I had a good day yesterday. I was actually able to skip the drink for dinner, so I did better than I expected LOL!!

I did the second day of my bootcamp, and I'm looking forward to day 3 today. I finally got around and bought the measuring tape. I'll be logging my total inches too.

I'm a bit in a hurry right now, but will read all the posts a bit later today. You guys are just amazing!! We all will be smoking hot in no time!!!

ClaireBear92
07-08-2011, 01:11 PM
doc2b omg congratulations! that is beyond awesome!

iamerican i know how you feel. im one of those people who gets really nitpicking about calorie intake and guilt because of certain unhealthy foods. The other night i drank a mikes hard at a party...even though ive stopped drinking since the diet, and even though it didnt put me over calorie count...i still felt so guilty afterwards!

TODAY I AM GETTING LADY GAGA BANGS! I am sooooo excited. I've always wanted to try the longer straight across bangs but ive been too nervous until now...but my face has thinned out so much, i think im ready =]]]

elizabethyellow
07-08-2011, 01:28 PM
sewhappy: Great job on the exercise! Keep it up!

ClaireBear92: Sorry to hear about TOM getting you down :|

TheBunneh: Wow, that's crazy about the granola bars! I personally enjoy the Chewy brand at 100 calories, but I'm sure besides the calories, the rest of the bar isn't too nutritious! I agree with caramelkitty, make us some of yours! :)

caramelkitty: Sorry to hear about the argument- like Claire said, use it as motivation! You go girl! Also, great news about the doctor's!

doc2b: Great job on the NSV! Proud of you!

melni: I LOVED THAT MOVIE! I was so excited; I had read the books during my summer studying abroad in 2008, and then FINALLY they made a movie out of it! I was not disappointed :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

iamerican: Good for you for having the sense to know you will probably "cheat" this weekend and be in control of yourself!

LaCatrina: Great job on the exercise and eating on plan!

__________________________________________________ _______________

As for me, I'm EXCITED because I think I get my ticker tomorrow :) Weighed myself this morning I woke up - that finicky scale said I was at 156.4 last night, and this morning I was at 152.6. What! I highly doubt I lost almost 4 pounds overnight, but stranger things have happened. Luckily, I still have the traditional scale so I will see what they both say on Sunday and post it in here! My eating was WAY on track yesterday; hoping to keep it up today! It's Friday night, time for the cooking party with my buddy Sam! :) He has no idea how to cook anything, even with a recipe, so we cook every Friday night so he can learn how to make some things :) Have a wonderful day ladies!! GO BLUE.

caramelkitty
07-08-2011, 02:14 PM
iamerican cheating once in a while is what keeps your metabolism going :) i wouldnt stress too much if it happened, just make sure to work your bum off the next day!

lacatrina ohhh bootcamp!!! im looking for some bootcamp classes in Montreal here to plan ahead for my last 10lb !! Hahaha

clairebear lady gaga bangs!!!! i badly need a haircut! hahaha maybe i'll treat myself to that once i hit the 40lb :) cant wait to see what the bangs look like!!

elizabethyellow i looooveee when the scale goes down miraculously overnight! hahahaha whatever it is, i'm like I'LL TAKE IT! lol Good luck with the cooking party!

GOOD JOB GIRLS!! GO GREEN TEAM AND BLUE TEAM!! lets be sexy by fall!! <3 I actually cant wait to weigh in on Sunday! lol

ClaireBear92
07-08-2011, 04:52 PM
The Bangs Turned Out Amazing! So Happy

caramelkitty
07-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I WANNA SEE!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

kurisitaru
07-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow... congrats on the 5k doc2b

IamAmerican: I'm young too, and I always want to go out with friends. Tubing, bbq, parties, bars, bowling, concerts... the list goes on and on! It all costs money and even the free things cost me calories. It's so hard to say no as well! I usually just stick to ONE glass of wine or ONE gin and tonic, or ONE diet soda with rum. I get a good buzz from a small amount so that works for me.
As for the food, I stick to the fruits and veggie platters or order the lighter calorie meals with ALL the dressings on the side.
Once in a blue moon, I allow myself to INDULGE in everything! As long as the next day involves an INTENSE work out.

ANYWAY

Clairbear... I got a new scale the other day because my old one was fidgety. I was hoping we could change all my weights so far...>.>
The new scale adds 5 lbs to EVERY thing you put on it, and the old one was definitely off. I put some of my hand weights on the old scale and it was wrong.
Well anyway, that means my start weight was 5lbs more than what I claimed, my last weeks weigh in was 5lbs more than I claimed... so when I weigh in again, it will seem like I've gained ><
Is it possible to change my weigh ins and add 5lbs? Please?

Thank you

ClaireBear92
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
oh yes no problem! i can change it.

TheBunneh
07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Bah. Today has been hard. I'm soooo hungry. I used up most of my cals pretty quick, and way too many of them were spent on bread. =/ (Only a few slices, but still it's not a low calorie bread and not exactly filling...)

I almost said screw it, I'm craving pizza and I'm gonna have it for dinner. But I stopped myself and made a GIANT bowl of veggies instead. And the rest of the day will be water, water, water. I'm not going to ruin my calories just because of a bad day and being annoyed with the scale!

I'm also really tired, and sore from exercise (may be one reason I'm so hungry?) so I'll probably get to bed quite early.

Great job to everyone who's doing so well! =)

xxALICIAxx
07-08-2011, 07:08 PM
ClaireBear* Your hair looks great!! Love the color!! I'm sure the bangs look great too!!

Congrats Doc2b!! That's an amazing accomplishment! I'm hoping to someday start running 5k's.. My treadmill at home is like 10 years old and doesn't have the distance/calorie counting on it so I never know how far I run. I need to invest in a new up to date treadmill.

*NSV* -- Yesterday I went shopping with my mother in law & one of her friends that I havent seen since Christmas. The friend said "wow you look like you've lost a lot of weight!" I calmly said thank you so much :smug: but inside I was really doing this ---> :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: LOL.

As for today.. I feel like TOM is creppy up on me.. I've been a couch potato today! :( Hopefully tomorrow I feel better, I hate not being able to work out! I can't let my BLUE TEAM down!

ClaireBear92
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I GOT MY SIGNATURE TODAY! very exciting.

melni
07-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Clairebear: I bet your bangs are so cute! Congrats on the ticker! I was so excited when I got mine. I like to have a visual of my weight loss, so the ticker is great!

elizabethyellow: I read the book, and I think I almost like the movie better! Although, I love John Krasinski, so any movie that has him is awesome.

Alicia: That is great! I can't wait until I go back to school. Hopefully my friends who I haven't seen all summer will notice a difference.

TheBunneh: I feel ya. I spent almost all my calories at lunch. I still have some, but I could've ate a lot better. Oh well.

ClaireBear92
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
WEIGH IN IS IN 2 DAYS LADIES, AND I KNOW THE WEEKEND IS COMING, BUT AVOID THOSE TEMPTATIONS! YOU'RE ALL DOING SO WELL!

iamerican
07-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Everyone is doing so good. I am in a rut. Ate ice cream. THis weekend I will enjoy myself a little. I am back at it on Monday. I went to the gym today though! Thats a plus! 480 calories burned. Good job everyone who is doing great!

caramelkitty
07-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Good job girls! KeeP up the good work!!
Clairebear ur bangs are gorgeous!!!!! And I agree steer clear from the food devil this weekend loll my fiancé and I went to this chicken restaurant for takeout he got 2 legs and fries and I controlled myself and got a chicken salad. Bleh lol I had a sick workout too now I can't wait till Sunday to weigh in :)

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 02:50 AM
ClaireBear92: Thanks for changing that. I was going to just let my weight *jump* to the new scale.. but I was all upset when it cut my weight loss in half, when I really did lose a lot more. And you're avi is so darling! I <3 your hair.

TheBunneh: I know the feeling of a bad day, when all you want to say is "screw it! I'm getting something fattening." I'm glad you resisted, if you hadn't tomorrow would have been a day of guilt and self loathing. I do that... if I don't resist the urge to stuff myself with cakes or some such.. then when I give in thinking my day was horrid, I deserve the treat... I hate myself even more. ><
Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you hun!

I'm ecstatic that I went on a LOOOOOONG bike ride today. Enjoyed it too. Those rides are getting easier, and I'm getting faster.
Did the SHRED as well! WOO HOO, I'm glad that is getting easier on level two as well! The last weights are killing me though. The squats where you raise the weights at the same time...
There is room mate birthday cake in my fridge... it was staring at me all day. To try not to think about it, I scrubbed my kitchen. XD And I starting writing a story I hope to turn into a book... funny motivation to write to...>.>

TheBunneh
07-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Well my weight still hasn't budged, so I'm not that hopeful it will be anything good for the weigh-in.

Sorry guys. :(

I feel headachey and crampy, so it could be PMS since TOM is due in about a week? But I don't really know what's wrong. It's pretty discouraging since I've been doing good on plan. :(

ClaireBear92
07-09-2011, 02:50 PM
weigh In Starts Tomorrow Bright And Early, Please Dont Forget Ladies! This Week Is A Team Challenge...super Fun! =]]

TheBunneh
07-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Aaaahhh. It appears my monthly blessing has indeed begun (or I'm at least 97% certain it's starting). So that could explain some things. Maybe it's a good sign I haven't gained, at least?

I am going to have spaghetti from Olive Garden for lunch, but I've logged it into my calories (and will probably split it between lunch and dinner). And I'm going to do at least a light 30min or so workout this afternoon, even though I don't feel all that great.

I hope you all have a better report than I do for the weigh-in! Still really sorry to let you all down. :(

Oh, and I LOVE your bangs Claire! They look amazing on you!

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 04:22 PM
TheBunneh: Don't sweat not losing. At least you didn't gain any. I weighed myself this morning... and I lost the holiday weight... I'm just not sure if I lost anything additional... we'll see if the scale goes down tomorrow. I plan on a ton of exercise this day!

Last chance work outs everybody! Let's DO THIS

ClaireBear92
07-09-2011, 05:48 PM
TheBunneh thank you =]] i love my new bangs!

I weighed myself on the scale at the gym last night and it said i was down around 227...which would be a HUGE weight loss for this week...but i dont know if that was a flucuation. im gonna go by whats on the scale tomorrow morning. i think itll be around 230 or 229 i hope. id love to be down in the 220s! then id only need to lose around 20 lbs to be in onederland by September 20th!

TheBunneh
07-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to update that I got in an hour of exercise (40 mins step aerobics, 20 mins strength work), and split my Olive Garden meal into lunch and dinner so I'm within my calories.

Still don't feel very good, but glad I worked out.

caramelkitty
07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Thebunneh it's good that u didn't gain b4 TOM I usually do!
I just had an intense workout for 30 mins on the elliptical and it was so easy I love that workouts are becoming a part of me if that makes any sense...

I'm going out to the old port to walk around tonight with some friends so I'll burn some extra calories and stay away from the evil ice cream and beaver tails ought those chocolate banana beaver tails are sooooo tempting but seeing old friends that will probably notice the weight loss should be motivation, right?

I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow but girls for some reason the scale went up 0.2 each day these last 2 days so hopefully a day of being good will give me a nice woosh ?

I'm hoping I can help the green team ;)

kurisitaru
07-09-2011, 09:13 PM
caramelkitty some of the weight might be water. Doing any weight training? Our muscles tend to retain water to heal when they are being worked.

I did some lovely work outs today and still have the SHRED coming on, it's getting easier, and I know what you mean when you say working out feels like a part of you. Now I don't really feel like I force myself to do it, I just kind of start without thinking!

melni
07-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Doing some running on the rebounder while watching the Harry Potter marathon. I grew up with the books, so it never gets old! Good luck on weigh-ins to everyone. Go Blue Team! :P

ClaireBear92
07-10-2011, 01:05 AM
About to head to the gym...had some intense boy drama today so im hopeing the stress doesnt hinder any weight loss for tomorrow.

ClaireBear92
07-10-2011, 02:51 AM
40 minutes on the elliptical...kicked my butt. bangs + sweating = lots of sweat in your eyes lol...definately will wear a headband next time.

WEIGH IN STARTS BRIGHT AND EARLY TOMORROW MORNING LADIES! MAKE SURE TO WEIGH IN BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY TO HELP YOUR TEAM! IF
JustJen78
Thing1
mayness
DO NOT WEIGH IN TOMORROW, THEY WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE CHART =[[ AND NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT HAPPEN!

caramelkitty
07-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Blehhh I just got home and I'm heading to bed now I did good no junk on my outing drank tons of water and went to the casino and won 70 $ lol yay! Alright I'm gonna clock in8 hours of sleep and weigh in around noon. Good luck chikitas !!! :)

diyana
07-10-2011, 10:43 AM
I normally do my weekly weigh in on Sundays (if that's okay). And the bad news is....(sorry blue team)....

I GAINED 2lbs. WTF? I know my eating wasn't 100% perfect, but I did exercise more than usual. I have had more salty foods than normal the past few days.

do the robot
07-10-2011, 11:46 AM
My new weight is 316.8. Think that makes this week's total 5.8 pounds down. not bad iza reckon.

sewhappy
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Weighing in at 139.5 today. Down 1.8 YAY!

SW: 142.6
Last week: 141.3
CW: 139.5
GW: 130

caramelkitty
07-10-2011, 02:32 PM
diyana I wouldn't sweat it honey its probably just water retention, and you're going to have a kick *** week next week :) keep up the good work!

do the robot WOW!!!! I am so jealous :) good for you! That's an amazing loss!!!! How did you do it? Keep it up!

sewhappy amazing! You're only 9.5 away from goal! I can't wait till that's all I have left :)

As for me, I weighed in at 182.4 so that's a 3.4 in a week! I'm ecstatic! If I can do that every week my goal for September will easily be attained :) and I'll get to be sexy for my bday for once in my life! Haha :) good job girls and keep the pounds droopin! GO GREEN!

ClaireBear92
07-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Just weighed in...229 which means ive lost 4 lbs this week from last week weigh tof 233. very good week =]] excited to be in the 220s! even closer to my goal.

xxALICIAxx
07-10-2011, 03:18 PM
**Weigh in today at 187! -4 pounds this week! :carrot:

ClaireBear92
07-10-2011, 05:22 PM
good job xxALICIAxx!

I just tried on my sorority's greek week sweatshirt from this last spring...and its a size large and i used to not be able to zip it up because it looked so tight and lumpy....but now its loose and baggy! omg yay =]

kurisitaru
07-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Jeebus... some intense losses this week. O.O

Diyana don't sweat the gain. It happens to all of us from time to time. Sometimes we just don't drop the weight. You'll do better next week. =)

ANYWAY! I lost 1 lb!
Last Week: 159
This Week: 158

xxALICIAxx
07-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Thank you ClaireBear! I've been sick the past 2 days, Stomach flu I think, So I haven't been eating much.. Think that's why I lost so much was hoping for 2 pounds.. Heyy I'll take it! :) That's awesome about the sweater!! Go you!!

LaCatrina
07-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Claire - The bangs are well... bangin'! You look great!

Elizabethyellow - Thank you!! Sometimes it's hard to keep this commitment, but I do it because the alternatives suck. Congratulations for the whoosh!!! Sometimes when your body is adjusting to all these changes the scale acts weird, and then you see the results - just like you just did.

caramelkitty - I'm LOVING my workouts!! I'm rather new to this type of exercise, and I'm loving the change

kurisitaru - I totally agree. I've read that's even good for you to have a planned cheat meal/day to boost your fat and weight loss. I do every once in a while and it helps me to stay on plan. Nobody can do it perfectly 100% of the time, it's just not realistic. Way to go with the workouts!! The Shred AND a bike ride - girl, you're a rockstar!!

TheBunneh - I'm guessing that your body is demanding more food because you're working out harder. Whenever I feel huge cravings I munch on raw, crunchy vegies, like baby carrots, celery, jicama and cauliflower - with lots of lemon juice, sprinkled with a bit of coarse sea salt. It takes time to chew and eat, so I fool my mind that way

Alicia - PMS sucks... thankfully it doesn't last for too long! Also, it feels plain fantastic when peeps notice our efforts, specially our loved ones.

iamerican - Yaaaay!!! That's a monster workout right there!! Almost 500 calores - hey, that's an entire meal. Way to go!

diyana - re:sudden fluctuations in weight - it happens. Sometimes even a bit much of something salty can cause them. Hormones - don't get me started on that one. Hang in there, it will soon pass.

do the robot - AWESOME weight loss!! WTG!!

LaCatrina
07-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I was SOOOO behind with y'all posts!! I had to catch up

Its great to see everybody is doing so great. Even with little setbacks, all this process is way easier with all this wonderful support.

As for me... I lost 1 pound!!! I'm at 153.8 - closer to the 150s. I'll take it. I read in T-Tapp's website that some people gain about 5 pounds when starting a bootcamp, so I'm doing better than I thought. BTW, tomorrow is day 6 of my 14 day bootcamp, I haven't missed a single workout!! I'm stoked!!

Congratulations to the biggest losers!! You guys are true rockstars!!

caramelkitty
07-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Good job on all the losses sexy ladies!!!! :) keep up the awesome work & don't forget never giving up is the best achievement :)

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 01:18 AM
YAAAY FINALLY GOT MY SIGNATURE!! I'm so excited! I thought it was coming yesterday, and then I was like ....wait. BUT TODAY IT'S HERE! WEE!!

Blue Team! I hope we win this challenge, but I'll love ya even if we lose!

7/10 Weight: 152.0 - one pound loss. Not the best, but at least it's not a GAIN what with the breakup weight :| Haha

ClaireBear92
07-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Great job to everyone who has weighed in today!!!

we still need from the blue team...
melni and lagorditad!

and from the green team...
iamerican, TheBunneh, orcagrrrl2003, doc2b, and skinnychica.

From the individual weigh ins...i dont have any weigh ins!! those are the women at risk of being removed from the chart.
Thing1, mayness, and justjen78

kurisitaru
07-11-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm on blue team... huh... this whole time in my head I was thinking "GREEN! Come Onnnnn good weigh ins!" Now I'm like... Oh... "BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lol

Though... secretly I want everyone to weigh in good...<.<
I get all competitive when people post good numbers and I'm like "good for them!"

iamerican
07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey ladies. Busy busy bee over here. I will catch up on posts this week!!! promise! weighed in this AM- 245.0 Okay, its a .4 gain (sorry green team) but could be WAY worse. I am actually happy with that. I VOW to you all I will be in the 243's next week. Hold me to it. If I am not, I am expecting some hate mail from you all. HAHAH. Congrats to all losing weight!

LaCatrina
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
elizabeth - Yaaaay!!! I too felt super happy when I saw a loss - even though I had a drink here and there during the week :p

iamerican - Darn scale sometimes is not my friend either, she needs to be nicer to us!!!

I'll go for my 6th day of bootcamp. I'm hurting in places of my tush I didn't know existed, but I'm committed to push through!

skinnychicagogirl
07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
What a crazy weekend! Sorry I wasn't able to log in much! I got in a few good workouts - an intense weight/strength class saturday and then a 75 min hot yoga class followed by a one hour Bar Method class on sunday! Eating was mixed - focusing on that this week! So my weigh in is 165. Yesterday it was 164.5 today 165.5 so I'm averaging it to 165! My weight flops around by 3-5 lbs day to day...used to drive me bonkers but now I know it is what it is so I just watch for overall trends.... Literally, one day it will be as much as 5lbs different. I think I must be sensitive to salt/carb water weight!

Anyway - I'll catch up more this week!!

LaCatrina
07-11-2011, 10:36 AM
AAAAAh hot yoga!!! Gotta love Birkham (sp?). I took a couple of classes and I loved it. I felt really "light" afterwards :)

TheBunneh
07-11-2011, 11:34 AM
My weigh in is 162.2

doc2b
07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Weigh in : 198.6 :)

GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!

melni
07-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm at 230 this morning. 3 lbs loss.

Congrats to everyone! :carrot:

LaCatrina
07-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Rockin' weight loss you guys!! Great job!!

Just stepped in real quick to say that Day 6 of my 14 day bootcamp is in the books!! I'm in pain but raving

Have a great one!!!

TheBunneh
07-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Congrats to everyone who lost weight this week!

LaCatrina Great job on the boot camp!

diyana
07-11-2011, 01:56 PM
ClaireBear - Love the bangs!

Congrats to all who lost weight. I'm so bummed that I let the blue team down...I'll try and make up for it this week.

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Seriously, I just wrote down all the weight losses so I could see it for myself and DANG! Everyone was on a roll this week! dotherobot WOW! You really rocked it! And then our three 4.0+ loses clairebear, xxALICIAxx, and doc2b!! AWESOME JOB! I wish I could get myself a -4.0 haha. Well... looks like I"m gonna do some crunches and Jillian Michael tonight! :D

ClaireBear92
07-11-2011, 02:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! GREAT WEIGH INS THIS WEEK. MUCH BETTER THAN LAST WEEKS SO FAR! STILL NEED...

from the blue team...
lagorditad.

and from the green team...
orcagrrrl2003

and from the individuals...
Thing1, mayness, and justjen78

caramelkitty
07-11-2011, 02:22 PM
This is a great challenge and a great support group at the same time!

Thanks Clairebear! And thanks ladies for being here to help and bring up my morale when i'm feeling down :) <3

I'm getting a little worried because I thought I'd reach my goal of 145 (37lb to go) by September 20th, but at the rate i'm losing I dont think that will be possible! :(

Maybe I'll be at my last 10lb by then though, that can be done! :)

Let's do this!!

TheBunneh
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
caramelkitty ANY loss is a victory! You'll do great!

I know I probably won't make 149 (it was a lofty goal for me to begin with, and with the last couple weeks being little to no loss it's kind of impossible), but I'm still gonna shoot for as close as possible. Even 155 will be better than where I am now.

caramelkitty
07-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Thebunneh you are so close to your goal its amazing!! I look up to you! :)

I have to go on a little rant here. So I apologize for the long read. :(

When I was 14, after being teased for years from my family, friends, and everyone that I was a fat kid, I joined a basketball team and... well flat out, stopped eating food. I became anorexic.

I went down to 98lb in little under a year.

Everyone was amazed at how skinny I was and they were loving it (well my weird parents that is).. And lately, my stomach shrank, so it makes it very VERY hard for me to eat anywhere remotely close to 1200 calories ... and my fiancé keeps telling me "you better not be anorexic again, you better not be anorexic again, i dont want a woman with an eating disorder blablabla" well its harsh to hear that, especially since he doesnt know how my body works.

When I start dieting, i lose weight, and I become obsessed with making it
work. Every calorie is counted, I have plenty of apps on my blackberry and ipod touch that I could spend hours planning my day with food, etc...

I just sometimes wish it wasnt so hard to lose the weight that seemed so easy to put on in the first place.

And i can promise you all, that this is the last time, in my life, that I will ever put myself through this. But then again, had I not been in this position, I'd have never met such inspiring, positive, and helpful girls :) So thank you all for being my motivation xoxo

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
caramelkitty I know what you mean; sometimes it is very hard for me to eat 1200 calories when I am doing everything right, and others its like BAM I can eat all that by 12:00PM! Good for you for saying you will not get back into your eating disorder; we are all here to support you if you ever feel those thoughts though! No judgement here :)

caramelkitty
07-11-2011, 03:56 PM
elizabethyellow thanks hun, it means a lot to have this kind of support from you guys, when I dont even have it from the people around me sometimes, and you're avatar is simply gorgeous, you have an adorable smile!

mayness
07-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I can't believe I totally forgot about this challenge once it switched to the second thread! :o:o:o

My week 2 weight was 143 (it was a rough weekend), and this week is 139.6.

I promise I'll keep up from this point on. :hug: Especially because there's some chaotic stuff going on in my personal life, and I need to focus on *something* to keep me sane, so why not weight loss?

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 04:17 PM
mayness YAY you're back! Once everyone weighs in/tomorrow morning there should be a new thread for week 4. Just so you don't get lost again! :)

caramelkitty THANK YOU! :D I was hesitant to put up a picture of me... I was/am scared that someone I know might find me on here and be like why are you on a weight loss forum... well duh! To get fit!

melni
07-11-2011, 04:41 PM
elizabethyellow, that's the whole reason why I haven't put a real picture up. Plus, I think a few of my family members are lurking some forums (Although, I'm not sure if they're on 3FC). I guess it really shouldn't matter. I might put up a picture, evenually... :p

caramelkitty
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
elizabethyellow same here, at first i put up random pictures on my avatar, then i realized, wait a minute, if someone i know sees me on here, chances are they're here for the same reason! LOL

diyana
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
CaramelKitty - Love the new avatar photo! So cute! I think your fiance's comments are coming out of a place of concern for your health, rather than trying to be harsh, critical, or unsupportive of you. At least he's not trying to sabotage you by bringing home irresistable food. It is so difficult to lose weight, I'm sure all of us can attest to that. You're doing great. Make sure you get enough nutrition out of whatever calories you are able to take in, and be sure and take a really good multivitamin (and other supplements if you wish).

ElizabethYellow - Love your photo! What a terrific smile!

Mayness - Glad you're back!! Your photo is great too...you're very pretty.

No photo for me...not until I can lose at least one of my extra chins. :rofl: Seriously though, you're all so young and adorable...I hope you don't mind me getting fit with y'all even though I'm a bit heavier (and...ahem...older) than you. :rofl:

caramelkitty
07-11-2011, 05:17 PM
diyana you're lucky you're far from me or i would kick you in the shin and run away for that comment! hahahaha :) of course i dont mind you getting fit with me!! its a work in progress and we will all get into our perfect weight and go through the ups and downs together! I love the quote in your signature by the way! :) Now show us your pretty face! lol

ClaireBear92
07-11-2011, 05:22 PM
MAYNESS!!! I am so happy you're back!!

melni
07-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Of course we don't mind, diyana! (P.S. I joined Fitocracy. It looks so much fun.)

Seriously, gals, I love this group already and I hope that we can continue to stick together even after the 20th! Glad you're back, mayness!

ClaireBear92
07-11-2011, 06:13 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Even though this challenge is based on percentage of weight lost...i wanted to show you in pounds..how much weight our teams have lost this week, and what we have lost together as a whole...

BLUE TEAM LOST 12 LBS SO FAR!

GREEN TEAM LOST 16.2 LBS SO FAR!

INDIVIDUALS HAVE LOST 3.4 LBS!

that makes a total of 31.6 lbs lost! our biggest weight loss so far!!! im so proud ladies! we only have 4 more girls that need to weigh in...hopefully they do before midnight tonight!

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I agree, this group is definitely my favorite. I'm on one or two other challenges but this one is by FAR my favorite- the participants, the motivation, Claire's charts and reminders! LOVE IT. LOVE IT ALL.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment :) It made me SMILE.

ClaireBear92
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
ok so TOM started today....im still eating healthy though! its hard with these unbearably painful cramps! i actually drank a little of a diet pepsi just to see if the caffeine might help...but i know those diet sodas are not a help when it comes to losing weight. ughhh i feel so fat and bloated and im about to keel over from the pain!!!

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 07:27 PM
:| Sorry to hear about your troubles Claire. Mine is supposed to show up on the 17th and my lady doctor finally prescribed me birth control-Beyaz, which she says is going to cause tenderness and other sorts of horrible side effects. Hopefully it won't be too bad! I hope you feel better soon!!

elizabethyellow
07-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Weee I just added all of you "frequent posters" to my buddy list! I don't know what that means, but... I did it :) Hahaha!

melni
07-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I didn't even know there was a buddy list! I'll have to add you all. :)

ClaireBear92
07-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Just went to the gym and did elliptical for 40 mins and some weights...even though my TOM is making me feel like total crap. Hopefully the fact that you burn more calories on your period will help me lose a max number of weight this week!!!

iamerican
07-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Alright everyone! I am hoping my week dies down! I got home from class today at 9:15 and did Day 6 of level 2 of 30DS! Whoop! I am getting better. Like I said, I will be in the 243s next week! I promise.

ClaireBear: Better late than never: I LOVE THE BANGS! They are so cute! I didnt know you burn more cals on your period... thats one positive. I hope you cramps go away. Caffiene and exercise normally help me.

EVERYONE: COngrats on your achievements this week. It is all of you that make this one of my fav threads as well!

Elizabethyellow: Love your picture!

CaramelKity I have a similar story from when I was in HS. Ate only carrots and popcorn and worked my *** off. Was down to my losest (which is still only 198) but gained it all back when I started eating. It is so hard to find that balance between obsession and living life. But I think you are doing a great job. HERES to the LAST time!

caramelkitty
07-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks iamerican honestly the scale hasn't budged in 3 days so maybe my not being able to eat 1200 calories is catching up to me now :( I'm gonna do my best to eat more and keep working out... Sigh sorry if I don't lose much these next few days girls! :(

LaCatrina
07-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanx, TheBunneh!! I'm still hangin' in there, I'm feeling sore but happy

caramelkitty - Actually, it's better if you lose at a more moderate rate. Your skin will suffer less, and it's easier for your body to maintain every pound that goes away. I've done a crazy crash diet or two, and the weight always comes back, fast :( I had my own bout with an eating disorder, and it's not fun. Be strong girl!!! Listen to your body, but most of all, do what's more healthy in the long run. Thanx for sharing, and keep on rockin' it, you're doing great!!!

Claire - :hugs: sorry to hear about TOM being such a pain for you right now. Thank you for calculating the team totals! So motivating - you are a great motivator girl!!

I'm looking forward to my 7th day of bootcamp. I'm psyched about completing my first 14 days in a row, and then move on to every other day workouts for two months.

Have an awesome day, sexy ladies!!

caramelkitty
07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
lacatrina thanks hun xo i know its hard but at least i got you guys to keep me going. i almost gave up this morning and was so sad, then the fiancé said, hey ur gaining muscle underneath so the fat's just going to fly off soon dont worry :) that made me smile, partially lol

clairebear thanks so much once more for doing this for us, you're awesome, and we're all kicking a$$ hahaha

I had posted an NSV thread yesterday and in case you guys didnt read it i'll share it hehe, my twin brother has always been the skinny twin and as of lately we weigh the same (ok hes gained some weight too) but now the term "skinny twin" doesnt exist until one of us (ME ME ME LOL)loses weight first. so this is fun, it made me do a little happy dance :carrot: ahahahhaha

iamerican
07-12-2011, 10:07 AM
LaCatrina: That boot camp sounds intense! GOod for you for going for 7 days. That is such an accomplishment! Congrats

ClaireBear92
07-12-2011, 11:12 AM
the Chart Will Be Posted Later This Evening =]

do the robot
07-12-2011, 03:14 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Even though this challenge is based on percentage of weight lost...i wanted to show you in pounds..how much weight our teams have lost this week, and what we have lost together as a whole...

BLUE TEAM LOST 12 LBS SO FAR!

GREEN TEAM LOST 16.2 LBS SO FAR!

INDIVIDUALS HAVE LOST 3.4 LBS!

that makes a total of 31.6 lbs lost! our biggest weight loss so far!!! im so proud ladies! we only have 4 more girls that need to weigh in...hopefully they do before midnight tonight!

:dance: Amgggggggggg good job everyone - awesome news! :dance:

mayness
07-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Awesome numbers, I'm excited for the chart!

Thanks for the warm welcome back, I felt like such a moron when I realized I had forgotten about this challenge :o that I considered just staying away, but then I read through this thread and remembered how awesome you all are. :D

elizabethyellow
07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Claire, when you make the new thread could you please post a link to it in here? I always have such trouble finding specific threads in the Forum (I fail, I know!)

Mayness, DUH we love everybody! And that was a nice duh, not a mean duh :)

ClaireBear92
07-12-2011, 04:12 PM
oh no problem! will do.

LaCatrina
07-12-2011, 11:06 PM
caramelkitty - It's great that you have your man there to cheer you up. Sometimes men, specially younger men, lack the verbal skills to say exactly what they feel. They're not like us - we have all the words and the way to pour our hearts out clearly. Be patient with him, he loves you and I'm sure he means good in every word he says.

iamerican - I'm having a great time!! A sweaty, grunty, painful time, but a great time nonetheless :P. I'm learning this new T-Tapp thing, so for me it's like starting from scratch and teaching my body new tricks. It's been an interesting experience. How's the Shred going?

I did a shorter bootcamp workout today because I had a scheduled kettlebell session. My trainer came back from learning some new stuff, so my husband and I did what is going to be our warm-up. Holy guacamole!! It's resistance stretching, with yoga and lots of balancing!! It was interesting to see my poor hubby trying to do swing kicks balancing on one leg! LOL!!

iamerican
07-12-2011, 11:36 PM
LaCatrina: That sounds awesome. Keep at it! Has your exersice regime been your secret to losing your first 30 pounds?

Mayness: glad you are back

ClaireBear: Cant wait to see the chart! You are rocking it lady!

So I decieded starting tomorrow I am keeping a running tally of days in a row I am on plan. On plan includes less than 1800 calories, over 100 oz of water, and 4 days plus a week of exercise. The 1800 calories has to be good decisions as well. Indulgences are fine. A few drinks are fine, but excessiveness, binging, etc (kind of my personal judgment- we all know when we should not have ate what we did) wont count- but I am one for living, so I am okay if for instance I save up for chinese! Today I did day 7 of level 2 of 30DS. It was good, but less than 12 hours from last night-so tough. The hubby's bday was today too. I did good-even at Buffalo Wild wings! Only one mgd 64 for this lady!

How was everyone elses day?

melni
07-13-2011, 01:14 AM
iamerican, that sounds like a great plan!

Not much going on here today. Spent almost all day doing homework and I'm still not done! I will never again take online summer classes. Such a pain! haha.

I've decided to get back on the 30DS wagon this week. I finished level 1 and didn't lose any weight. I (stupidly) got frustrated and stopped doing it, because I wanted so bad to get down to the 230s. (Of course, I had lost inches; I just didn't measure). Now here I am sitting at 230, wanting to get to the 220s. But, I realize I want to look fit. So, I'm gonna start weighing less and taking lots more measurements/pictures.

Of course, I'm still going to weigh-in for this challenge, but usually I weigh in everyday. That's gonna stop! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great!

ClaireBear92
07-13-2011, 02:59 AM
posting New Chart!!!

Please Use The New Thread!! Please Inform Other Ladies You See Using This Thread That Week 4 Thread Is Now Open!