Weight Loss Support - Over ate on 4th of July?! CONFESS HERE!!

mypinkpolkadot
07-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Yuppers.. I'm guilty. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2 hot dogs with half a bun/mustard/onions
Few bites of a hamburger patty
1 chicken kabob
1/2 cup of deviled egg potato salad
1 pickle slice
4-5 pieces of cheese
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Celery, Green and Black olives, 3-4 servings of chips.....ALL DIPPED IN ONION SOUR CREAM DIP!
diet coke

I WILL NOT BE WEIGHING MYSELF TOMORROW!

shcirerf
07-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I confess!

Overate, over drank! Had a blast!

Crawling back on plan in the morning.

No regrets! It's only a day or two. The important thing is to get back on plan!

luckymommy
07-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Yep! I overate! I didn't plan to....in fact, quite the contrary! I had a plan!!! I just didn't stick to that plan! I had a big pretzel that had butter all over it. I had frozen yogurt with all kinds of toppings. So, not a tragic amount, but definitely not what I had in mind. I'm not weighing tomorrow either. Keep working out and drinking water! We'll get right back on track! :)

April Snow
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
sorry, no confession here, stayed 100% on plan. This no sugar/very low carb thing is crazy good at chasing away the cravings. Not only was it 4th of July, it was my son's birthday, but I still skipped all the cake and cookies and ice cream and fruit.

KittyKat1465
07-05-2011, 12:41 AM
I overdid it all weekend and I am so ashamed :( Going to hit it extra hard this week!

theox
07-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Sorry, no. I spent most of the day cleaning my apartment. I went out for dinner, but was relatively restrained. It sounds like those of you who indulged have plans for getting back on track - WTG!

alaskanlaughter
07-05-2011, 12:47 AM
i definitely ate the carbs today....i don't feel like i overate, but i definitely ate what i wanted to and didnt' pay attention to the carbs...my body might ache because of it tomorrow though but tomorrow i get right back on plan and keep going...unfortunately tomorrow is the 5th and my monthly weigh-in but that's just the way the ball bounces, i guess...when i WAS HOME today, i ate on plan but we were gone practically the whole day and i ate what i wanted...i feel full but not overly full and painful...and back on plan tomorrow anyhow :)

mypinkpolkadot
07-05-2011, 02:03 AM
yehh...I had a plan too. Although, the only other thing I had today was a salad, thank god for that.. & the only exercise i got was running in circles with sparklers..
Skipped gym to watch the fireworks with the fambam.

=)

Gonna have to be super good to make it up before Thursday weigh in!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :P

toong toong
07-05-2011, 02:13 AM
1/2 of a 6" Tater-tot pizza, not too bad. My body isn't used to all of those processed foods though. I did wash it down with a gallon of mint green tea though! Damn that potato salad sounds good...

Muffintine
07-05-2011, 02:19 AM
I did great during the day... then midnight munchies got me and I pigged out on the leftover chicken. -___-

pointless2011
07-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I had a clam chowder in a bowl... who knows how many calories that is!? I don't even want to look that up.. But this weekend was really bad to begin with.. Ehh let's not give up and keep going! Forget about this and move on!

mlgibson
07-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Well, I woke up and as always drank my slim fast (I don't follow the diet, but find it tasty and convienant...plus eating early upsets my stomac). I worked, and had a big goal to get done so I had a Special K protein bar for lunch. Then dinner came, and I don't think I did too terrible... o_0

I had two cookies that a guest of my brother made.
I had a hamburber with ketchup, cheese, tomato, pickle, onion.
Had pasta salad made with some kind of italian dressing and/or olive oil.
Had chips and onion dip.

In the past though, I would have had alot more, so I am actually not that upset. I enjoyed it, and don't feel I overdid it aside from the cookies. Probably could have skipped that, lol. All in all, I don't **think** I went too high in the calories. But I'll just work extra hard tomorrow and focus on my goal.

mlgibson
07-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Yuppers.. I'm guilty. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2 hot dogs with half a bun/mustard/onions
Few bites of a hamburger patty
1 chicken kabob
1/2 cup of deviled egg potato salad
1 pickle slice
4-5 pieces of cheese
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Celery, Green and Black olives, 3-4 servings of chips.....ALL DIPPED IN ONION SOUR CREAM DIP!
diet coke

I WILL NOT BE WEIGHING MYSELF TOMORROW!

I won't be weighing either, lol. I plan to go on a nice looong walk tomorrow and weigh Thursday...or maybe Friday.

alaskanlaughter
07-05-2011, 02:43 AM
i drank some water tonight and had an apple with peanut butter, which felt better than the accumulated junk i had today...going to bed now...back on plan tomorrow :)

spicymedicine94
07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I definitely overate today. I feel so guilty, hopefully I will redeem myself tomorrow morning at the gym
One giant dill pickle
one brownie
two pieces from a large sandwich (like the ones you get from Vons for six dollars, that are divided in to 8 equal pieces) for lunch, and two more for dinner.
and lowfat pudding with whipped cream...

However I am proud that I drank a lot of water today, and I ran around in the sand at the beach.

pattypaw
07-05-2011, 03:04 AM
a big serving of potato salad at dinner and kettle corn at the carnival i took the kids to tonight got the best of me....back on track in the morning.......

McMurphy
07-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Urgh, same here! You ain't kiddin' :(

The bad thing in my case is that it didn't just happen on the 4th. It was all weekend!

I guess I just needed to get the last of the junk cravings out of my system. I was good the whole week before.

But tomorrow is a new day, and the parties are over! :carrot:

Chubbykins
07-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Well it was just another ordinary weekend/monday here :)
I didn't even know 4th July is a holiday where one plans big meals. Our national holidays have nothing to do with food and all to do with boring military parades. :D

BlackDaisy85
07-05-2011, 03:26 AM
I did eat badly. I didn't eat breakfast, then a few hours past lunchtime I had a veggie burrito with cheese and chips and a coke at MOE's SW grill. Afterwards, I did not eat until around 9:30 p.m. at which time I had a 6 inch baguette with butter and swiss cheese. Additionally I had a glass of lemonade and a small wedge of goat and blue cheese. Honestly, writing it down now, makes me wonder why I am not heavier than what I am. I really need to control myself!

gagalu
07-05-2011, 04:15 AM
ate 1131 calories today, plus or minus a few~

buuuut

had i been around the relatives, that number would be much closer to 2500, i just know it!

keep it together you guys, tomorrow is a brand new day :)

ERHR
07-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I guess I stayed on plan but I still overate at the gathering I went to in the evening. I only ate the foods I knew were OK for me - deviled eggs, cheese, and a hamburger with mustard - but I ate too much of them, to the point where my stomach ached. I should have stopped when I was pleasantly not-hungry!

krampus
07-05-2011, 04:20 AM
I felt like I overdid it, but my weight was down this morning from yesterday...

I went out for sushi and anime themed ice cream. Expat 4th of July is kind of sad.

indiblue
07-05-2011, 04:32 AM
I went out for sushi and anime themed ice cream. Expat 4th of July is kind of sad.

Haha too funny. My Expat 4th involved red white and blue cupcakes at another American's house, which was awesome. Also Indians LOVE fireworks so we were able to get a hold of some and shoot some off. It may not have been a fireworks blow out with barbecue and watermelon, but I guess you have to do the best you can with what you have.

I ate more than I should have, but I don't think I overdid it. 1/3 of a cupcake, 1 brownie with a scoop of ice cream, some spinach dip (I made it, it was low-cal) with chips, some carrot/cabbage salad. My major victory was drinking Diet Coke all evening instead of alcohol. Water would have been best, but I'm not that virtuous :)

Mishflynn
07-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Sounds hellish! Luckily we dont have it in the UK!!!! Just Xmas once a year! Hope you all are supa good today to make up!

Lori Bell
07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Love it! This is way better than 50 separate "confession" threads!

Yep...I over did it as well. Thankfully I stayed away from the sugar, but I did eat probably 2000 calories alone in bratwurst and hamburgers. (w/buns and all the trimming) YIKES! My weight was WAY up this morning, (probably from all that fatty food plus about a gallon of iced tea, and hardly any potty breaks.) Today is wagon time. Ouch. I think I am the only person in the world who can gain 7 pounds in one day. I really am in shock that it's that much.

berryblondeboys
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
We hosted a party. Going into the party, I had eaten 900 calories already (my total for the day is usually 1400). First, I had some cevapcici (which is like a skinless mini, homemade sausage - sort of). I had it with bread - first time I have eaten a slice of bread in 6 months. It was my yummy homemade bread. Then I ate another serving of that AND some mac and cheese - more carbs. Then I had some asparagus and tomato salad. For dessert I had a huge helping of strawberry trifle (not too bad - angel food cake, fresh strawberries and pudding) and a tiny bit of the two flavors of homemade ice cream I had made - mango strawberry and chips ahoy cookie and cream. Total for the day was about 2400. Now, prepping for the party, according to my fitness/food app, I burned well over a 1000 calories while cleaning and cooking, so I really should be a wash for the day, but that's not how my body feels.

While I don't regret eating what I ate for the day. I didn't sleep well AND I felt bad this morning until a trip to the bathroom.

Scale was up a pound this morning, but it's also TTOM so who knows what is the main culprit, but a few indulgent days a year is fine - especially when the temptation is NOT there to keep eating that way. Ate my apple and peanut butter for breakfast.

CaitLA
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I started off the day well and then took a nose dive after 4pm. I'm doing low carb and I unfortunately ate chips and salsa, pita chips and hummus, frozen yogurt and too much beer. I am so paying for it this morning...I feel so disgusting.

Dorian5
07-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I ate everything I could get my hands on all weekend. Ugh!! Let's see...

Chicken tacos, lots of beer, margaritas, bratwurst with buns slathered in butter and grilled, delivery supreme pizza with breadsticks, a kit kat, ice cream...

Holy crap, I had no idea I ate THAT much crap food until I wrote it out.

I weighed 125lbs on Friday, clocked in at 129lbs today. Hopefully I'm just retaining a heck of a lot of water! :o

But on the plus side I ran hard every day this weekend and while I ate a lot of crappy food I had sensible portion sizes and those cheat foods were spread over 3 days, so my calories were ALMOST maintenance, probably about 2000 a day.

Back on track this week!

fattymcfatty
07-05-2011, 03:09 PM
My 4th...
Ran 2.5 miles on treadmill
Ate a lower carb, on plan breakfast
Ate an on-plan lunch
Got to relatives house
Started drinking (dry white wine) and swimming. Hey, swimming burns the wine calories, right?
Dinner= 2 shish kabobs (healthy). A cheeseburger with bun. Watermelon. One spoonfull of macaroni salad, and one spoonfull of potato salad. A couple of potato chips. Red wine.
So that doesn't sound bad, does it? I see hot dogs. Haven't had one in over two years. I don't really like them, but it was calling me. So I had one with mustard. And an ear of corn.

Later in the evening: More red wine. A regular cola, which I only did because I needed caffeine at that point, and the host did not buy diet. And a piece of ice-cream cake, which I was so thankful it had the whipped cream type icing, and not the buttercream type.

I stayed really hydrated though. Drank a ton of water. I weighed in and it wasn't too bad, up 190.4 from my low of 189.7

So now I am back on plan. I figured everyone needs to cut loose now and again.

mya
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
No 4th of July here, but I did overeat last sunday. It was my dad's birthday and there was a big family barbecue and cake. And dessert.
So yeah, about 7 chicken wings (I did my best to take the skin off), white rice, vinagrete (a brazilian dish that I HATE but is low cal and the only thing with any vegetables there). Also had a spoon of two desserts each and a small piece of cake with a lot of frosting.
I did exercise that day and the scale did not move. I did manage to stay away from all sodas, drinking only water. Not as bad as it could have been.

abejune23
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM
oh ho, yes i did! i polished off one of those humongous bags of chips, had some cupcakes, some jello, and a hearty, hearty meal hahahah.

and today i polished off another bag of chips.... so compulsive.... i had about 3 big pitchers of water though, maybe that means something to my body, hahah.

julie99s
07-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Ugh. 3 days I pretend never happened. I'd been doing so well. I had a plan. I stuck to it until Saturday afternoon and I kept getting into the candy jar at my dad's place. And I did it all weekend. I had a burger (made by my dad, not fast food) for the first time in weeks. And I felt awful after eating it. OMG, and my dad made brownies and put ice cream and chocolate sauce and cashews on top. Holy goodness. The only place I showed restraint. I ate half of that and handed the rest to DH to gobble up.

It felt so good to get back on plan today. I feel so much better. And I'm proud of myself for being able to recognize my feelings after my weekend binging. I was up 2 lbs when I weighed this morning, so not too bad. I think the thing that really saved me was the hike to Lake Michigan. Over hot, HOT sand dunes. I'm still aching from that one LOL

Kahokkuri
07-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I ate actual American food (on a naval base) for the first time in a year and enjoyed every calorie of it. I had nachos with cheese and salsa, a hot dog, a corn dog, a few bites of a Rice Krispie treat, some Fritos, a Dr. Pepper and a margarita. It was off plan, but I'm back on now and not feeling any guilt.

CameraShy
07-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Oh - I ate. I ate and ate and ate. I didn't binge, but I had food. It was soooo good. I set my diet aside and enjoyed myself. I had 2 beef ribs, 1 pulled pork sandwich, one slice of smoked turkey, a couple bite size pieces of cajun smoked sausage, some potatoe salad, and some jalapeno corn bread. I also had lemonade. It was heavenly! Back to the grind stone today, though.

kurisitaru
07-06-2011, 04:01 AM
My Grandma turned 70 over the weekend. XD
First day out, I did GREAT! I even managed to throw in a hike, some cardio and calisthenics.
2nd day... BBQ, Grandma's cinnamon rolls, PASTA salads, OH MY! The first round, I got small portions, avoided the Pasta, had 1/4th of a cinnamon roll (like a bite or two), and actually made it healthy. Then they broke out the cake and ice cream... I had 2 bites of cake with no frosting... was feeling content.

Then they broke out the wine........ I am the worlds biggest light weight. I had a glass, got tipsy and lost all self control.
4 glasses of wine, Soda, 2.... TWO pieces of cake, TWO cinnamon rolls, a WHOLE PLATE of Food galore. XD
Then the next morning I drank coffee with the worlds FATTEST, most SUGARY Creamer in existence and ate even more pasta salads. Dinner happened to be BBQ wings.

I don't even want to know the amount of calories I gorged on........ I don't even want to know.
I weigh in tomorrow... I'm probably going to cry. SO, the rest of the week ('till Sunday) I plan to stay on plan, and do a TON of cardio/weights/walking/biking. I feel horrible for doing this to myself... I feel like a failure and like I have ZERO self control sometimes....

aimeebell
07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I did great during the day... then midnight munchies got me and I pigged out on the leftover chicken. -___-

Don't you hate that? I did the exact same thing. Did well all day. I was proud of myself for making good choices and passing up junk, and then I decided to have one drink to celebrate the holiday and relax after a long busy weekend, my willpower vanishes with liquor and suddenly I ate both a donut and a piece of fried chicken right before bed.

aimeebell
07-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Then they broke out the wine........ I am the worlds biggest light weight. I had a glass, got tipsy and lost all self control.
4 glasses of wine, Soda, 2.... TWO pieces of cake, TWO cinnamon rolls, a WHOLE PLATE of Food galore. XD
I weigh in tomorrow... I'm probably going to cry. SO, the rest of the week ('till Sunday) I plan to stay on plan, and do a TON of cardio/weights/walking/biking. I feel horrible for doing this to myself... I feel like a failure and like I have ZERO self control sometimes....

Sounds like my day. I avoid alcohol not only because I don't like to drink my calories, but because of the calories I consume after I drink, each and every time. Never fails.

Your weigh in may surprise you. After three days of straying off plan, I was expecting a jump. My weight has been fluctuating between 130 and 132 for weeks now, today it was 131.

Plaid Gal
07-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Pork BBQ

NEMom
07-06-2011, 11:00 AM
So glad that I am not the only one who fell off the wagon this weekend. I ate and ate and then ate some more. I was so ashamed of myself this morning but am determined to get back at it this morning. Need to get back to exercise too, my knees are finally better, my daughters room is put back together, the fireworks stand is closed, no more excuses, I will now be spending my evenings on the exercise machines.

shcirerf
07-06-2011, 10:53 PM
For those of you who stayed on plan!:carrot:

For those of us who did not, myself included. Don't worry or beat yourself up. It's not the now and then stray from the plan that is the problem, it's not getting back in the saddle that is.

I sucked it up and went to my WW meeting last night and weighed in. Only up .8. Mostly too much processed food and salt.

I don't regret the choices I made. My sis called and wanted to come down Friday night and have a few beers. She has a very stressful job and doesn't get a lot of time off. Plus she is so fun, so having a whole night to hang out with her was worth it! The family dinner on Sunday wasn't to bad, watched the portions, but lots of salty stuff. But the family time was great. What got me was the memorial service for a friend on Sunday night. Then we had more beers.
Gaah!

Oh well. Back in the saddle!

surfinqssr
07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I also did, but for multiple days. And yesterday I started out okay, but then a friend wanted to go out to dinner. Sandwich and potato chips, not such a great choice.
I did walk a couple miles yesterday, and today was fine --starting the couch to 5k program and I am beat! I am fairly confident that the structure of the work week will have a positive net effect on the "bad" days. I just need to figure out how to balance being mindful without being too controlling.

I started this in earnest about three weeks ago and was afraid that the 4th ruined all of my progress, but it didn't. And I find myself on the other side feeling better and wiser. Eating a bunch of junk and drinking really made me feel physically gross.

theox
07-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Well it was just another ordinary weekend/monday here :)
I didn't even know 4th July is a holiday where one plans big meals. Our national holidays have nothing to do with food and all to do with boring military parades. :D

Barbeques/cookouts with family/friends are a popular way to celebrate, but I've never really thought of Independence Day as a food-centric holiday. I think if individuals or families have a tendency to use food as a means of expression (or just to overindulge), then it's a foodcentric holiday for those people. For me (and for other geeky types, I suppose) it's a chance to ruminate on history and politics. And of course, even though parades have fallen out of favor in my area recently, explosives are always quite popular. Militarism rarely really goes out of style, I guess.

theox
07-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Sounds hellish! Luckily we dont have it in the UK!!!! Just Xmas once a year!

Well, it's not as though anybody's forced to eat more than s/he wishes to. Given the relatively small number of affirmative responses, I suspect that most people probably did pretty well. While Independence Day could very well be difficult for somebody with PTSD or something who couldn't stand the sound of explosives being detonated (fireworks), a family barbeque (or two) that merely offers the opportunity to practice self-control (or not ;)) hardly strikes me as "hellish". People celebrate the holiday in all kinds of ways, many of which are not at all focused on food - visiting national parks, hiking or camping, watching (or setting off) fireworks, attending parades, spending time at a lake or pool with family and friends, attending concerts, did I mention fireworks? And for those who do host or attend meals or parties, there's no reason that those things can't be done in moderation. Overindulgence on Independence Day (or at any other time) is a personal choice, not a cultural mandate.

I also think there's probably a sample bias here. People who don't watch what they eat and/or don't have issues with food (and are therefore unlikely to worry about "overeating") are unlikely to be on 3FC, and within the 3FC community, people who celebrate US Independence Day who didn't overeat are probably much less likely to post to this thread than those who did.