Simply Filling/Core - Weekly chat July4th-10th

View Full Version : Weekly chat July4th-10th

jojo23
07-04-2011, 07:55 AM
HAPPY INDEPEDENCE DAY:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

We have just come back from walking our dog through an old oak wood, where Charles 1st hid from the roundheads. It was lovely, cool shady green leaves, woodland flowers and woodland birds singing. No sight nor sound of traffic. Such a peaceful spot, we are sponsoring a bench there in memory of our daughter who loved the place.

We had to go early because it is unbearably hot today and dogs are dropping like flies with heat stroke! Tomorrow is going to be cooler (or so we are told)

Forgot to say, 10lbs of my next stone lost. I think it has been the extra walking that's done it.

Tejas
07-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone, and thanks Jojo for the good wishes from across the pond.

Speaking of the heat, I heard that this has already been among the three hottest summers on record. And, Texas has been declared a national disaster area because of the drought. (I think I might have said this already.)

Yesterday we went to bar-b-que and I certainly ate too much, even though it was too hot to eat :lol:

Today, we will have dinner with my niece and her husband and go see fireworks. I hope you all have a good day, however you're celebrating our nation's birth. Why on earth did our founding fathers chose one of the hottest days of the year?! :shrug:

Vickie
07-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Happy Fourth of July Chicks!

My eating is not great but not atrocious either. I'm so proud of all of you for plugging away at our mutual task of weight loss. I really need to get back to my WW meetings. I've just been in limbo.

My Sister is in the PT facility. The professionals say there has been some improvement but she sees none. I believe she's given up. I pray that isn't true.

There's a family BBQ on my social calendar today. The menu is partially healthy so I'll try to be as good as I can. Homemade turkey cheese burgers, baked potato and corn are the main entree. There will also be my favorite fattening spinach artichoke parmesan dip for appetizer followed up by a WW Chocolate Eclair Cake for dessert. There will be more fattening dessert but I'll stick to the WW cake that I'm making and bringing.

What do you all have planned?

beach bum
07-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies :)

:cheer3:Happy 4 th Independence Day,:cheer3:

Not going out this morning as all the activities are now going on and I can't handle above average crowds. My friend Rita & I are going to Friendly's for a 1 PM lunch. We were going to the Strawberry festival but our town made a booboo by closing the streets for the fireworks at 6 PM and the festival ends at 7PM Not going to caught in waiting 3 hrs before they open the streets again. Going to watch the Boston Pops instead.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages and and:carrot: BIG CONGRATS:carrot: on losing of your 10 lbs of your next stone. You're doing great.

RHONDA-Going to have a BBQ tonight with the whole works also. Hope you we will all lose after this holiday as the next will be Labor Day. Enjoy your BBQ's and fireworks.

VICKIE-Sorry about your sister. Hope she doesn't feel that way.Prayers on there way. As for eating enjoy this 4 of July like I told Rhonda we have a while for the next big holiday arrives.

Have a great day

jojo23
07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Ladies :)

:cheer3:Happy 4 th Independence Day,:cheer3:

Not going out this morning as all the activities are now going on and I can't handle above average crowds. My friend Rita & I are going to Friendly's for a 1 PM lunch. We were going to the Strawberry festival but our town made a booboo by closing the streets for the fireworks at 6 PM and the festival ends at 7PM Not going to caught in waiting 3 hrs before they open the streets again. Going to watch the Boston Pops instead.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages and and:carrot: BIG CONGRATS:carrot: on losing of your 10 lbs of your next stone. You're doing great.

RHONDA-Going to have a BBQ tonight with the whole works also. Hope you we will all lose after this holiday as the next will be Labor Day. Enjoy your BBQ's and fireworks.

VICKIE-Sorry about your sister. Hope she doesn't feel that way.Prayers on there way. As for eating enjoy this 4 of July like I told Rhonda we have a while for the next big holiday arrives.

Have a great day

I remember telling an Austrailian girl I worked with, that I had lost a stone and she came over all caring and sympathetic and asked me if it was a kidney or a gallstone dho

Oh Vickie I hope she hasn't given up. It must be so depressing for her, working like stink in PT and seeing little result. I remember a patient once, being told by a physio, to look at it like building a house. You have to lay good solid foundations before you start to see the house taking shape. So have faith and all this hard work will pay dividends.

ontarget
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! We got up early this AM and drove over to the church to help decorate. I cut up fish. Not much decorative about that, but it needed to be done. I have made 2 cakes, an English Pea Salad, and have cut up orange, red, and yellow bell peppers/onions for a relish dish. I also made a sf dump cake using sf chocolate cake instead of yellow. It looks and smells heavenly. I hope it tastes all right.

JoJo, thank you for the new pages and for your well wishes for our celebration. Your walk in the woods sounded so peaceful. I'm glad you are honoring your daughter with the marker.

Vickie, I hope your sister hasn't given up. I feel so sad for you both. :hug:

Rhonda, they are comparing this summer to the summer of 1980. Did you see the t-shirts that were made back then saying, "I survived the summer of 1980"? We may need shirts for 2011 if we survive.

Got to go. We're leaving shortly and I need to get ready. I'll catch ya'll tomorrow.

Tejas
07-04-2011, 05:15 PM
We saw a weather report on TV saying that last night there was a string of T storms right across the nation; it was essentially the same system. In addition there were storms in Montana and the SE states. We have almost spent as much money related to storms in this past 6 months as we spent in all of last year.

Whew.

We're having bison burgers on sprouted grain buns, baked chips, cauliflower and broccoli salad, tomatoes, etc. For dessert, we'll have strawberries, blueberries and low-calorie cookies with FF whipping cream. This is going to be the healthiest July 4th ever.

pam920
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
morning chicks. Leaving for Michigan today. Will be gone until Thursday evening. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Tejas
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
:wave: Pam, have fun.

Our 4th of July meal was delicious, and we were all so smug about eating healthily.

I've decided to have a two month experiment about exercise. Basically, in later April, I had to slow down on the really heavy lower body lifts because of tendonitis (I've seen this spelled that way, and as "tendinitis". I don't know what's correct; maybe both.) I have not really compensated by increasing cardio. So, for July and August I am going to do at least 20 minutes of serious cardio six days a week. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

beach bum
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a wonderful 4th of July went to friendly with my friend Rita and after our 2 hrs dining we went to the mall and did some walking to burn off those calories. Got home at 4PM didn't go tot he fireworks but I heard them. Watched the Boston Pops and fireworks on the Charles River. via NBC.

Heard on the radio that the roads heading off the Cape are packed and back up to our main thoroughfares so I think I will head into town tomorrow to pay my taxes.

I remember telling an Austrailian girl I worked with, that I had lost a stone and she came over all caring and sympathetic and asked me if it was a kidney or a gallstone dho

JOJO-What I thought Australian's would know what a stone was. I know from my DH coming from Ireland That a stone is a measure on a scale but I don't know how many stone are in a pound.

SANDRA-Sound like you were did a lot of cooking. The dump cake sound delish. I made a red/white/flue parfait for my dessert.

RHONDA-We had thunder bummers all around us but not in the Boston or Cape area. The Boston pops & fire works were spectacular.

PAM-Have a wonderful safe mini vacation ,and we'll see you when you get back.

Have to go, have a nice day

ems81wales
07-05-2011, 01:02 PM
hey everyone i hope you all had a nice independance day :D I go my exam results tomoz im not looking forward to that i know i have failed 2 at least as i walked out on them :( so god knows about the other 3 lol Il let you know have your fingers and toes crossed for me xxxx

jojo23
07-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Maryann A stone is 14lbs.

Em How did it go? I HATED school exams like the very devil. Our headmistress in our senior school, always did the yearly exams in January (I reckon she was a masocist) To this day, when I see snow around Christmas, my heart still sinks. When I trained as a nurse, I didn't mind the exams because I was doing a job I loved and learning as I went along. I never did see the point in school. of working out how long a leaking bucket would take to empty... BUY A NEW BUCKET!

Have a lovely time Pam

I'm not weighing next Sunday. I don't want to depress myself. Last evening we went to a BBQ and on Friday, friends are coming for a meal (Welsh lamb cooked in honey & mint... need I say more;) )

pam920
07-06-2011, 10:10 AM
morning. I decided not to go to Michigan. I'm here by myself. My son-in-law did come to check on me when he got home from work. I need to get my liver test and that test for my thyroid this week. Going today and then need to get some groceries. I really need to get serious about my eating habits. Haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost either.

jojo, I hated exams too. 14 lbs is great. I need to lose a stone and I'd be a happy camper.

I'm very upset about the Casey Anthony case. I need to do something to get my mind off it.

ems hope you did good on those 3 exams.

Maryann, heard it was going to be hot in Boston. Stay cool.

Rhonda, you are so dedicated to exercise. Any suggestions to get me into the mood?

Sandra, how was the dump cake?

Vickie, sorry about your sis. Hope she improves each day and realized she is making progress, although it may be slow.

Vickie
07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Just had the repair guys here for the sprinkler and now need to run some errands. We still haven't gotten into the pool. I hope we can do that soon.

beach bum
07-06-2011, 10:41 AM

HOT & HUMID Had the a/c's going in the living-room & loft the minute I got up.Want to cool the house off before the sun hits the side of my house.Going to have my hair cut,as I can't stand the is heavy mob on the top of my head.Told my sister and she started to cry,that I shouldn't have it cut,but than she said do what you want the next time I see you your hair will be long again.She wears her hair in a bun,as it goes down to her waist.

JOJO-Thanks for the information on the stones relating to pounds.

PAM-Sorry you didn't get to Michigan but if you need test for your liver & thyroid I things that more important. Good luck on the test results.I taking it it easy not going out today except for my hair cut appointment at 1 PM.

Have a great day

ontarget
07-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Good morning. We're up early doing some yard work. I cooked a healthy bfast for us first. Yesterday was a blur. Seems I was running all day. Today's much easier. I am eating well and am doing some exercise. The roof may collapse.

Pam, I hope your tests come out well. The dump cake was a big hit. More of it was eaten than my "civilian" cakes. :lol:

Rhonda, your new exercise routine sounds good to me. So does your 4th meal. Kudos, my cousin!

Vickie, my gf and I are doing exercises in a local pool now. I think of you when we do them. I hope you get into the water soon.

Maryann, your parfait sounds delish--and patriotic!

Ems, :hug: I hope you get good news.

Tejas
07-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Good morning:

Pam, about exercise..it helps me enormously to have a personal trainer, to whom I am accountable. He is fantastic for me. About the trial...I never believed that the prosecution was meeting the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard, and that's a standard we need to have. But, it's hard not to have resolution to such a sad story. What a messed-up family.

Vickie, :hug: for you about your sister.

Ems, don't beat yourself up about the exams. Jojo, you sound like my late sister who was also a nurse...buy a bucket, indeed.

Sandra: my hat's off to you if you're working outside. I have so much to do and the mosquitos are eating me alive. I don't even want to be out there. What's your solution to that?

blessedwithsarah
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Ladies. I hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend. We were busy all weekend, and I was not as diligent about tracking as I should have. We had our meeting today, I decided to skip the weigh in but I did go to the meeting. I'm glad I did -- I'm now focused to get back on track. If I skipped the meeting to skip weighing in I think I would have continued blowing it.

So, I'm back to being focused and will work hard to stay on track and shoot for a loss next week.

Ems, good luck on getting your results. Nothing you can do now - just move forward with what you need to do.

Vickie, I hope your sister is doing better. HUGS to you.

Nancy, thoughts are with you.

Its hot and humid today - I'm glad I'm at work. I was home yesterday and just running errands wore me out. I still prefer the winter cold to summer heat -- even thinking back to the 5 feet of snow that covered our yard from the day after Christmas to March. I do prefer the snow to heat. Oh well, we'll just have this for another month or so in the North East. Not sure how you texas and southern girls deal with more than that!

Have a good one!

nancy237
07-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Had some nice family time the last few days.
My grandson spent the night over last night and talked me into a hamster
that will be kept at my house. His dog is Polo so he named the hamster Marco.

My boys all had hamsters and I guess I want my grandson to have the same fun.

Thanks for being so supportive this year.. Its been a rough year but I am beginning to have good days.Today was a good day. Enjoyed my Grandson and then my daughter & son in law came for dinner.
Sold 2 big items I think (a 16 ft trailer & Table saw) I am also making good progress on the house repairs.

Tejas
07-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, Nancy, your GS knows a soft touch when he sees one! :lol:

Have any of you had a broccoli raisin salad? I had some that my niece made last night, then I saw a recipe for it on the South Beach thread here on 3FC. It is delicious.

jojo23
07-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Nancy Never mind 'Beware of Greeks bearing gifts' Beware of kids when they want something I say. When my cousin's son was about 12, he rang us up and asked if we would like a mouse! He wanted a pet mouse but his mother wouldn't have one in the house so, knowing I was a soft touch, he decided to lodge the mouse with us. I put my foot down over that I can tell you!

pam920
07-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Morning. My girls had hamsters, and their friend brought his over to visit and then we had baby hamsters. I was always afraid of them. My sister once had a white rat named Willie. I spent the night and Willie got out of his cage and ended up in my face in the middle of the night. I screamed!!! Of course, she thought it was funny. I still shiver thinking about it.

Rhonda, I will check out the recipe when I post this.

jojo, we have to put our foot down in certain situations, lol.

I ate great yesterday, but up a pound today. Makes no sense. I am going to track again, so maybe I can drop a few more pounds.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beach bum
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Good morning Ladies:)

Another hot humid sticky day. I'm not going out any more today had to put my garbage out to the curb and it wasn't comfortable.Going to visit my friends by phone. If I get cabin fever I will go down to the beach once the sun go down.

SANDRA-Thanks i just added blue, strawberries to cool whip.Glad you had a easy day comparing to t he one you the day before. What do you mean that your roof is going to collapse?? Its from all the storms that you had.

PAULA-I'm a winter person also,I hate:devil: the heat. I can't seem to breath in this kind of weather. You gals can have all the heat if you like that sort of thing.I'm with Paula 100%.Going to put the a/c on very soon.

NANCY-Happy to hear that the day are getting lighter for you,I knew it would. My dgc took me into a pet store & wanted to buy me a gerble but I told them NO WAY!!! I rather have the stuffed teddy bear they bought me for Christmas.

PAM-That pound might be just water retention.I wouldn't worry about it.

Have a great day

pam920
07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Maryann, stay cool. Once we turn the AC on in KY, it's on until at least Sept/Oct. It's hotter here in KY than when I spent the summers in FL. Florida, it usually was low 90's, but in KY it's closer to 100.

Nancy, I forgot to say I'm glad your days are getting better. Got distracted about the hamsters.

Paula, grew up in Michigan, had terrible winters. Don't miss it. Give me the heat!!! I do have to admit though, when I was a letter carrier, I would take winter over summer. I layered in winter, nothing you can do about the heat, couldn't strip down, lol.

jojo23
07-08-2011, 06:56 AM
It's hot and humid here too Maryann... well, that's at the moment. In 24 hours we can go from hot to cool to foggy to muggy to cold. Never known anything like it.
Last Sunday, I was so cold I took a hot water bottle to bed. On Monday night, I had a 4pint plastic milk bottle full of ice in front of the fan on my bedside table, it was so humid.

When I was living in the nurses home , a huge barn of a place with over 500 staff in it. My mate had a pet hamster in his room. Pets were against regulations so he kept it hidden when he was at work. One day it got out and it took us 3 hours (everybody looking) to find it. This same lad, found a dead owl on the side of the road and tried to get a taxidermist to stuff it. None would touch it because it had been dead some time. I sent him, anonymously, a packet of sage and onion stuffing. He soon got rid of the bird.:D

Don't worry about it Pam My weight can vary by as much as 3lbs during a day

I'm the same Paula I hate the heat and love frosty cold and snowy days. My contention is that, in cold weather you can wrap up nice and warm, but there's only so much you can legally take off in the hot weather

My mum rang last evening, another resident dialled it for her. She wanted to know who her father was because she couldn't remember. It upset me no end

ems81wales
07-08-2011, 07:54 AM
hey girls hope your all well i lost 2.5lbs yesterday only 2.5lbs to go for my birthday goal i hope i get it. I passed 4 out of the 5 exams woohoo
xxx

beach bum
07-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Very cloudy this morning excepting some scattered thunder bummers though out the day. Have to out to the bank to deposit the condo fees & to pick up my meds. Now I hear on the radio that that bank was robbed and the man got away by foot. So he couldn't have gone far so I thinking about holding off and going to the bank on Monday.

Also reported on the radio was ever since the trail 4 tots [around 4] drowned in there swimming pools without any supervision. What going on this old world of ours. It seems we don't hear any good things that are going on.

PAM-Those temps or 90 or 100 is stay in an a/c house temps. Try to stay cool also.

JOJO-Don't know if that normal for England but just stay cool and don't do to much, have to reserve energy .

EMS-Congrats on your 2,5 weight loss you be there by your birthday goal.

Have to get off of the computer thunder storms are all around us.

Have a great day

Tejas
07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Maryann, the more pools that are built, the more children who are going to drown. That's just the way it is. It takes only a small amount of water and a second of inattention, as I'm sure you know.

Congrats, Ems.

Jojo, I understand that could be very upsetting. I remember that my brother-in-law's mother, who had Alzheimers, knew who I was, but she played with me as if I were a child, as I was when she met me.

Since my knee is injured, I've been doing mostly upper body weight lifting. Last year, I couldn't do even one military-style push up; now I can do three sets of 10 to 15 a set. :lol:

Now, if I could just get the body fat to go! It gets distressing at times.

blessedwithsarah
07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi ladies. Just a quick stop by to share my yummy and low point dinner last night. I had Ball Park Fat Free Beef franks - 1 point each, wrapped up in a piece of Lavash. I had 2 dogs (2 points) and I used one piece of Lavash (1 point) cut in 1/2 and did the wraps. So 3 points in total for 2 hot dogs!

I must say - for a fat free dog, they were very very good. I've tried the chicken and turkey ones and I was not a fan at all. These are worth having.

Just wanted to share.

I've been back on track since our meeting Wed. Tracking everything! I hope you are all doing well

EMS - congrats on the loss and for your exams. You did better than you thought! At least its over and you can set up a game plan for the next semester.

jojo23
07-08-2011, 02:01 PM
WAY TO GO EMS

and who didn't think she had done very well then;)

pam920
07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Hello chicks.

Had a dr. appt early this morning. I have what I thought was a pimple on my chest since about end of last year. Not sure when I got it. It itches off and on. It's a mole, that looks suspicious to me. I can't see it looking down at my chest, and never thought much about it. Something made me get the mirror out and look at it. Anyway, my dr. is setting me up with another dr to get it removed. She isn't sure if it's skin cancer, but they will test for it when they remove it. Could be a month or longer before I get in to see him.

ems, a big congrats to you on 2.5 lbs and passing 4 exams. That is really great.

Maryann, scary about the bank robbery. Hope they have caught him by now.

Paula, I love the FF ball park franks, but they no longer carry them where I shop. I don't care for the turkey franks. The FF taste like the full fat as far as i'm concerned. Just as good.

Rhonda, I can't do one push up. Sad but true.

jojo, so sorry about your mom. My MIL is suffering too but she always asks my husband about me. She knows my husband one minute and then doesn't the next. It breaks his heart to see her like this, but she is strong and not sick at the moment, so that is good.

ems81wales
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
cheers everyone xxx

Tejas
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Pam, good luck with the results of the medical testing. Scarey.

I got an "all clear" from the cardiologist yesterday. The family MD sent me for a consultation because he was concerned about unequal pressure in the arteries below the knees. The cardiologist said the pulse in my legs is strong and arteries are clear. He believes the test results are misleading, perhaps just an artifact. That was good news.

ontarget
07-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi there. I was out watering this am. I try to get back inside before it gets too hot, but that doesn't always happen.

Rhonda, do you have Martins? I think the Martins and other birds are taking care of them. We have standing water quite a bit due to watering, so we've been expecting skeeters. So far so good. (Knock on wood)

Maryann, there's an expression folks say when something unexpected happens. "Thought the roof would cave in." :lol: Nothing at all to do with storms or structures.

Pam, keep us posted on your mole. I hope all is okay.

Nancy, we had hamsters when my son was growing up. They were sort of an odd couple, so we named them Oscar and Felix.

Ems, :woohoo: on all counts!!!

Paula, you're 100% correct about going to meetings. So why aren't I going? Am I a slow learner?

JoJo, that had to hurt knowing your mother couldn't remember her mother. Makes me sad.

ontarget
07-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Rhonda, Whew! Glad you got good results. Curtis went Tues and has a blockage in one of his arteries. He's to lose weight and exercise. No surprise there. I told him I won't be baking cakes to take to the mission any more. He eats at least 1/3 a cake before we can get it there.

Tejas
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Hummingbird!!! I saw a hummingbird in the yard this afternoon. Time to put out the nectar. Sandra, no martins here. There are bats around but I haven't seen them in the backyard where the mosquitos are. I must be feeding the birds too well because they aren't eating enough of the insects :lol:

Let's hope Curtis does the right thing. Doyle has lost 13 pounds since May by cutting out snacking. I don't snack, eat well, go to the gym and struggle with every ounce. It ain't fair. :lol3:

nancy237
07-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I forgot to tell everyone how much I love my new Bissell 3 in 1 Stick Vac.
The reviews were right. Great suction. The cord is too short so I just leave
a little ext cord attached to it. The cup is easy to dump out.

It is $14 with no shipping if ordered from Walmart online. I just ordered
4 more . One for my college kids , one more for my upstairs bathrooms, and one for my cousin. It is allowing me to keep my carpet vac upstairs and this does great with hardwoods for dog hair & stuff. They even have fun colors.. I sound like an advertisement but this thing has made my life easier !!

pam920
07-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Morning chicks.

Drinking my coffee and trying to wake up.

Rhonda, I know what you mean about doing everything right and the pounds hanging on. I have no answers for you and if you find out a solution, please share with me. Great news from cardio.

Sandra, the yard work never ends.

Nancy, I'm going to order one of those vacs for my house in florida. I've been dragging my canister vac back and forth and this will solve that problem. We have hardwood and tile throughout, so this will be perfect.

beach bum
07-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Big news for today is that I'm heading over to the vineyard with my friends Alice & Rita. TG Alice feels better today and is able to go on the boat ride.Can't start long on the thread as I have to get ready for the early bus down to Woods Hole.

Have to get moving as I only have 1 hr to get ready. Have a great day,see you guys tomorrow,as we will be coming home late in the afternoon

blessedwithsarah
07-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Nancy - question on the bissel. Could it get a rug fairly clean? I'm thinking that may be a good thing for the cottage in Maine we are buying. Downstairs the living room has a burber carpet, then the kitchen and bathroom are linoleum and the upstairs bedrooms are wood floors. That may be a good solution since we have next to no storage - I could keep it in one of the upstairs closets and not kill myself bringing it down.

Its 10am on Saturday, DD and DH are off for the morning. I've already been to the gym, made a 5 point zucchini and onion frittata for breakfast, one load of laundry done and dishwasher is done. Off to Target and then I'm not sure what I'll do! Its quiet here.....kind of nice, kind of odd. Oh well.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

ontarget
07-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Nancy, you have me wanting a Bissel stick vac. I may get Curtis one for the archery shop. (room on end of the house just for us--not a store).

Rhonda, kudos to Doyle. I am proud of him. Curtis is getting outside more and is eating more fruit. I hope he does well. I hear ya on the guys losing faster. Life is good but not always fair.

Waving at everyone else. I hope you're having Super Saturday.

Vickie
07-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm still crazy busy. What on earth is wrong with my life?! Niece and Sister leave for their vacation so I'm on mail/plant watering/house check duty for the week in addition to all my own stuff.

That toe that Jim had a procedure on at the end of May refused to heal, and was getting worse. He'd taken two courses of antibiotics and when he finished the toe was getting redder. He ended up back at the Foot Doctor on Thursday with an emergency appointment. It's scary because he's diabetic. Had another full procedure done and it seems Doc left a piece of nail in his side bed. Should be better now but we've got a week of soaking and post-operative care. I've been doing my chores and Jim's. Jim has the worst of the chores....like getting up with the dog.

I'm actually getting to go in the pool today. Jim is going to help me get the cover off. It will be the first time this year but I'm sad that I have to go in by myself.

Eating is not good. I think I'm up about 3 pounds again. I went to two Farmers Markets today and we are now well stocked with fresh produce. We need to eat at home for at least the next 5 days.

Hope everyone else is well. Nancy, it's so good to see you. I can only imagine how hard this is for you.

Light and love to everyone else too!!!

nancy237
07-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Nancy - question on the bissel. Could it get a rug fairly clean? I'm thinking that may be a good thing for the cottage in Maine we are buying. Downstairs the living room has a burber carpet, then the kitchen and bathroom are linoleum and the upstairs bedrooms are wood floors. That may be a good solution since we have next to no storage - I could keep it in one of the upstairs closets and not kill myself bringing it down.

I think it just gets surface things off a rug, not deep vacuum it.
I have a very flat rug under my table and it gets the dog hair off of it.
I have a long shag rug in my living room and I run it over it to get the dog hair off the surface but I will still need to vacuum it some with the big vac.

ontarget
07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Vickie, tell Jim I'm thinking of him. Sore toes are awfully painful. I'm glad you're able to help him with the chores. Did I tell you my bgf and I are pool jumping? We're going 3 days this coming week. We're having a blast! We're the only ones doing exercises. Everyone else is swimming. (Thursday we were theonly people in the pool! It was like having our own private pool--with a handsome young lifeguard!!!!)

blessedwithsarah
07-09-2011, 08:13 PM
OK Sandra -- what is pool jumping?

ontarget
07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Paula, my gf and I just stand in the pool and jump around. We do jogging, jumping jacks, etc..... :lol: We decided the main thing for us to do was to just keep moving. Neither of us exercies much so something is better than nothing. (or so we're thinking)

Vickie
07-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I actually got in the pool for 3 hours yesterday. It was filthy and it was my first time in for the season so I spent most of the time vacuuming.

Gotta go the Niece's today to bring in her paper so no one knows she's not home and water her vegetable garden. She told me to help myself!! Woo Hoo! There won't be much but a few green beans and blueberries. She mainly does a few plants because the kids think it's fun.

Then I'm coming home to go in the pool again. The water was 88 degrees yesterday. I LOVED it! I'm too old for refreshing! I don't swim either, Sandra. It's just 18 foot round. I mainly jump up and down and run whirlpools. Since I mainly sit in front of the computer, it counts as exercise. It didn't hurt my heel or ankle so it's good.

We are supposed to have rain the rest of the week, so I need to be sure I get in when I can.

Pam, I forgot to tell you that I'm praying for you and that the mole is nothing serious. Jim and I go once a year to have the "once" over. He almost always ends up getting a few things frozen off. So far I've been lucky. We are both fair so I think it's necessary.

Mary Ann, you sound busy and that's good.

Paula, any new recipes? I'm supposed to be weaning off of Jenny but now I'm just not doing anything. NOT good.

Rhonda, how's the new routine?

Sloan, what's going on with the wedding? Do you have a dress yet or is it too soon?

Tejas
07-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Vickie, the new routine is BORING. I miss my deadlifts, and there is almost nothing to do that doesn't involve bending the knee. But, the knee is better. It is swollen, but not as sore.

ems81wales
07-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks rhondda xxx