Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 01:05 AM   #1  

Unhappy i need some support!!

hi..i'm only 17 yrs old..i'm 5'6" and 193 lbs. not only do i have to deal with being overweight, i am also depressed. my mom and dad are going through a divorce, but yeah thats a whole diff story. you see i always start diets, they last a week or two, i drop about 10 lbs..then i start to eat and double the weight that i lost. it's so hard for me to work out, i get so bored with it! i walk.. do tae bo..and an abs workout tape. i just need someone to support me and tell me that i can do it, i know i can... it just helps if someone tells u that u can too, u know? well bye.. hope to hear ur replies..
Old 01-13-2003, 10:04 AM   #2  

You can do it!

Have you asked your parents to let you see a professional about the depression?

asta
Old 01-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #3  

Angry

Hi Jenny,
I am going through the same problem, I'm actually also a new member. Like you I am 5'6" and above 190 i think, i'm actually going to weigh myself tomorrow, HOPE it's lower than that. It is funny you should mention tae bo i was actually doing that today, I also use Denise Austin's video, that video helped me lose weight, but i regained it. I need to start drinking more water, and looking at what i eat, I'm a college student so it is hard to keep away from the fast foods since that's pretty much all we have around us. I am looking for support also, I need someone to keep tabs on what i'm doing. Also, in regards to your depression, i suggest you read inspiring quotes and stories, i find that to be very helpful. Be optimistic, don't let all the worlds problem put you down. By the way YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 05:37 PM   #4  

Default thanx

thank u guys for ur nice words..it helps
Old 01-20-2003, 10:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

You can definitely do it, it's hard, it takes a lot of work and you have to commit to it completely - but it can be done. Professional help with a therapist/guidance counselor is a fantastic idea - I went through therapy myself and without it, I'd never be where I am today... exercising, eating well, sleeping well and actually enjoying it, lol. I'm doing something totally for myself, completely selfish and it's wonderful!

Good luck!
Closed Thread