Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Summer Meltdown Chat Thread Week 6 (7/4-7/10)

shan84
07-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Hello all!

We are moving into week 6 now. I will have results done tomorrow, and then we will wait for the blue team before full results are posted. We had many freebies and a few eliminations from week 5. I will post updates on freebies later this week.

Congrats to those who had great losses this week! :congrat:

On to week 6!

shan84
07-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Hope everyone has a good week this week. I know this week is just going to fly by for me but I hope to have a decent loss to post this week. I am leaving SK in 5 1/2 days now and I have so many work obligations and personal stuff to tend to before I take off. Anyways, hope everyone is doing well.

Anyone have anything special or important going on this week?

Dog Rescue Mama
07-04-2011, 02:00 AM
I thought i had untill midnight on sunday to post my weight? Just in case i do i'm in at 162.5lbs and it is 10:59pm. It lists a freebee on my week, so i am just checking.

shan84
07-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Dog Rescue Mama- The weigh ins have to be posted before 10pm AST time. Sorry.

MiZTaCCen
07-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I haven't lost anything and I've been working out. I don't get it when I work out I stay at the same weight (of course inches get lost and I become toner) but it get's frusterating, (yes I know muscle weighs more than fat but I don't have THAT much muscle on me to make me stay at the same weight!) but then after I workout for so long then stop working out my weight drops a bundle. What is the deal with that?!

peanutt
07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Shan - good luck getting ready to leave! I can imagine that will be a real whirlwind.

Nothing exciting here this week. I'm trying to get into the routine of running before work as it gets warmer. I'm so not a morning person, so this may be a rough week. But it's better than trying to run in the heat of the afternoon!

CourtneyDaisey
07-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Have a safe trip back to the USA Shan! :)

Rated
07-04-2011, 11:38 PM
MiZTaCCen - The way it was explained to me is when you work out your muscles tear and bit and then retain water while repairing themselves. So the extra weight is probably water weight and when you don't work out you don't retain as much water.

I had a rough day today it was my first day of school which messed up my schedule big time. I will have to figure it out quickly. It is tough though because my classes are only 3 weeks long so they move so fast and there is a lot of homework.

shan84
07-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Red Team Week Five Results

Total lbs and percentage lost -5.59lbs, -.12%

Biggest Loser:
CourtneyDaisy -5.39lbs, -2.16% :congrat: :celebrate: :cheer:

Honorable Mention:
erin9598 -3.19lbs, -1.41%:cheer: :cheer:

shan84
07-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Week Five Flashback-

Freebies Used: 8

Players Eliminated: 4

Players In Danger of Elimination Next Week: 5

shan84
07-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Freebie Update: Please weigh in on time! :cheer:

One Freebie Used:
shan84
shay
ggmugsy
Kendrab1223
pokeycactus
kris2008
Angie
MizTacCen

Two Freebies Used and In Danger of Elimination:
LongTallBee
Dog Rescue Mama
KaeBae
SMSDREAMER2007
Kilikila

CourtneyDaisey
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Red Team Week Five Results

Total lbs and percentage lost -5.59lbs, -.12%

Biggest Loser:
CourtneyDaisy -5.39lbs, -2.16% :congrat: :celebrate: :cheer:

Honorable Mention:
erin9598 -3.19lbs, -1.41%:cheer: :cheer:

Holy cow! COOL! :dance: :dance: :dance:

celrae
07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Great work Cortney, so nice to see such a significant loss.:D

Bigmid
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi I hope you all had a fantastic long weekend (well Canada & US) the results are posted; blue team won for week 5

Congratulations CourtneyDaisy and erin9598 those are some awesome losses.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-05-2011, 11:17 PM
miz- thats basically what it is its water retention from working out, I get it too

courtneydaisy - WTG!!

just checkin in here sooooo sleepy *yawn* but im pluggin along here :D

bethbeth
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Ok guys, we've lost 3 weeks in a row! We need to make some big changes to get back on track this week. We can do it!

K3LL3Y
07-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Congratulations Courtney! Nice job this week!

Hopefully we will all have a good woosh this week. Where is that woosh fairy ...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/LoraJR72/whoosh.gif

Keep on track ladies!:hug: We need to get that title back!:devil:

Angie
07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Courtney on being the biggest loser last week!!

Right now I'm still sitting at the same weight I weighed in at last week. I'm getting lots of exercise and eating on plan, but not seeing the big losses I'd like. Hopefully I'll see a whoosh very soon :crossed:

I'm curious to know what plan each of us is following and how much you've lost so far, if you care to share that.

I started in summer 2010 on a low carb, high protein diet that worked well for me...gradually I switched over to calorie counting as I found it difficult to keep eating virtually no carbs. Now I calorie count, keep my carbs low, but do have them and still try to get lots of protein and fiber. On these plans I've lost about 65lbs so far, and I think I have about 50 to go, although I haven't settled on a final goal just yet.

peanutt
07-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Good question, Angie!

I'm a calorie counter. I eat anywhere from 1600-1900 calories per day, depending on activity levels. I also watch my ratios of carbs/fat/protein and keep that around 50% carbs/25% fat/25% protein. I've lost 92 lbs so far (average of 1.5-2 lbs per week) and have about 33 lbs left to my first big goal. From there I'll probably focus more on my body fat percentage and overall fitness rather than just weight.

SMSDREAMER2007
07-07-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm also a calorie counter but because of my pcos/insulin resistance I also watch carbs. I eat moderately low carbs (bout 40%) and get the rest of my cals from protein and fat. i eat almost no processed foods or sweets (tried having a candy bar yest, ate 2 pieces out of 8 and was almost sicker than a dog, was waayy too sweet for me)

CourtneyDaisey
07-07-2011, 08:08 AM
I hope everyone's doing well so far this week. Me...not so much but I am getting my act back together today! :cheer:

shan84
07-07-2011, 08:57 AM
It's TOM for me. I'm hanging in there though.

Only 1/2 day of school tomorrow and my year is finished! My kids parents suprised me at the end of the day today with flowers and a special photograph book of pictures taken throughout the year with the kids.

Party time tomorrow with the kids. Then packing time. I leave/arrive in the states in 3 days! Can't wait. Hope everyone is doing good.

K3LL3Y
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I am a calorie counter also and am religious with my FitDay entries. I try to keep a good blance with high protein and around 1600 calories a day. Some are 1400 and some are 1800 but the week usually balances out. I also keep close watch of my nutrition graph to be sure I'm getting all my vitamins at 100% or above and I drink at least 64oz of water a day, though usually more. It has been working very well for me so far. I've been steadily averaging ~2lbs a week for 5 months.

shan84
07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
I've been a calorie counter for two years. Last year I lost 119lbs, but this year I have gained back almost 50. It's a daily struggle for sure.

When I arrive back in the states I will be joining up with weight watchers and my sister and I will be working hard to achieve our weight loss goals together. She met her goal last year and is now working on maintaining.

I have a lot of work to do, but being back in the states will allow me access to more things that will help aid in my lifestyle change. Where as here in SK, I have struggled with the inability to read food labels, etc in a different language.

Anyways, so yeah this next chapter from 2011-2012 is going to be a great time I'm sure.

Angie
07-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I've been wondering if I'm eating too low calories...I flirted with higher last month and it did seem to be working, but I'm struggling to get my calories higher and still keep my sodium/fat lower. I'm going to aim for an average 1600 for the rest of this month and see how that goes. I also currently go based on net calories, but I'm not going to count my exercise and see how that works. I think my nike+ thing is overestimating my calories burned.

I ate 1700 today, but it's my highest day of the month, and the next highest is about 1450.

rainbowsmiles
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
K3LL3Y....love that woosh fairie!! :)

Angie
07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Susan! I haven't seen much of your cheery posts this challenge, and I'm really missing them/you! Hope things are going well and that we get to see and hear more from you :hug:

rainbowsmiles
07-08-2011, 07:36 AM
:hug: hugs beautiful angie ...

CourtneyDaisey
07-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi team! I just got back from the office treadmill. Hope you all are having a great week! :hug: to all!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-08-2011, 12:35 PM
we need to beat the blue team this week. Weigh in day is in 2 days... we gonna do it??? huh? huh? are we?

K3LL3Y
07-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Heck Yeah We Are! GO RED TEAM!!!

GET IN THOSE LAST MINUTE WORK OUTS! GO GO GO :D

shan84
07-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Hey red team!

I'm in the process of beginning my journey back to the states. I will be flying for the next two days to get there. I should be back before weigh in on Sunday evening. Hope everyone has had a great week.

Notice: I am super busy this summer from now until the end of August as this is the first time I've been in the states for a year. I am going to go ahead an announce that after leading the last four challenges and participating in six, I am now ready to step back and let someone else step up. Any takers? Please pm me.

Cheers,
Shannon

erin9598
07-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Well after a really good week I may just be using a freebie this week. I can't say my eating has been terrible, but it hasn't been stellar either. I think TOM is coming too and I suspect that might be why I am having cravings. I guess we will see how it plays out on the scale.

Rated
07-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I have had such a rough week for weight loss. I started school which is really stressful and when I am stressed I eat. I will use this weekend to make a plan and get back on track though. I am sure that I have gain weight this week but I am not going to use a Freebie since I want to save those for the weeks I am way to busy to weigh in.

CourtneyDaisey
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Hang in there Rated and don't let the stres get you down! :hug: I eat when I am stressed too and did some of that this week myself.

I hope everyone's out there busting your buns to get those last few calories burned off before weigh in! :cheer: GO RED TEAM!!!!!

peanutt
07-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry team. I'm down for the count this week. I'm in hospital recovering from unexpected surgery. I will post more next week when I'm home.

CourtneyDaisey
07-10-2011, 07:36 AM
:hug: peanutt :hug: Get better soon!

I am sorry to say that I have to report a gain this week. +1.2 for me. the only thing I can think of that did me in this week was the two days in the middle of the week that I was extremely down-in-the-dumps and didn't exercise. This 1.2 that I gained WILL be gone next week!

K3LL3Y
07-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Sorry team. I'm down for the count this week. I'm in hospital recovering from unexpected surgery. I will post more next week when I'm home.

Oh no Peanutt!!! :(I hope you are able to come home today and are feeling better. :hug: :getwell:
Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Don't push yourself, take it easy and get better quickly. :grouphug:

SMSDREAMER2007
07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I lost 1 lb exactly this week. meh. Guess it could have been worse! feel better peanutt!

shan84
07-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Threads will be posted by CourtneyDaisey this week. Results in the next day or so. Sorry for the lateness.

I just made it to the USA after 25 hours of travel. I'm exhausted and need sleep. My bf is stuck in India. Won't know for another 15 hours if he can get a flight out to the states. So much drama and I'm so sleepy. Hope everyone had a good week.

Angie
07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Peanutt -- Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery! Hope we hear good news from you soon.

Shan -- I hope you can get some rest, I'm sure it's much needed. GL to your BF on getting home soon too.

I'm down .6 this week...not much, but at least it's down! These last few weeks have been very slow for me. I'm hoping to pick things up a bit this week, but will be challenged with a lot of eating in restaurants for work...I'll make the best choices possible. :)