Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ JULY

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ JULY

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-03-2011, 04:41 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Thank you for the prayers for Trent, He is a nice 2 year old boy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his dad didn't see him and ran into him with the lawn tractor. He has severe injuries to his leg,liver small intestant and stomach. Its a mirical he made it this far and has been upgraded from critical to serious but still in intensive care. If he is stable enough at the end of the week he will be flown from albany med to boston childrens hospital to try and repair the damage and save his leg. So please continue to keep him in your prayers. And especially pray for is dad who is sick with guilt. Thanks

^MORE PRAYERS^ going up for little TRENT and his parents, esp his DAD for peace & comfort during this time ... :hug:

Well, it's :hot: JULY now and the weather is following suit for sure; thank goodness for the lovely breeze we have today. It is still a gorgeous Sunday regardless and my large BLUEBELLS are blooming in our side garden now; this is the first time they have bloomed and they are beautiful (have to take a picture of them).

Well, PTL & thanks for all your prayers ~ the kiddies have found a really nice house just around the corner from ours and have already moved in. They just have some extra stuff in the yard & shed that they need to dispose of yet, but they have for the rest of the month of July to do that.

We got a lovely surprise when we went over to see them ... we discovered that there is not only one large pink Lilac bush in the front, but there is also a nice purple Lilac bush on the right side of the house as well -- and there are some more light Pink Peonies in the side gardens as well. In the front garden, there are two Hot Pink Peony bushes, plus piles of Lilies (maybe some tiger lilies too) and a few other perennials as well. The whole front of the house is covered with bushes & flowers!

The pink Lilac bush blooms first, then when it is done,the purple one blooms. I was so happy to see that since I lost one of my Lilac bushes up at the camping lot (they were the same colors too). I am gonna transplant a couple of the whiter Speria bushes to our house along with the other flower bushes & perennial plants that did well too i.e. the Daylilies, Irises, Bluebells, and Bee Balm, etc.

BARGOO ~ just one more month and we are moving; can't wait, but I know we have 'ta ... ;)

GARY ~ glad you are back; hope you & Angela had a nice trip. Prayers went up for your step-daughter & all the firemen & volunteer helpers aiding to eliminate those fires. We battle those things in Canada too, so we send up prayers for our firemen & police officers regularly. I have a cousin who is a RCMP officer, so we pray for them as well.

GOOD NEWS & MORE GOOD NEWS ~ My uncle Garnet is doing well and is back home this week ... and, I finally got my new(er) PC! Thanks to NUMPSTER, my brother (who you have prayed for many times), and my BIL for their hard work and generosity; and my DAD & Stepmother for bringing it up for me too. I will be trying it out later on tonight, but the High-Speed Internet will be hooked up on July 11th; then we should really roll ... :D

Hope you are all enjoying your summer and this lovely Sunday ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Angie and I are just hanging around the house this 4th of July afternoon. We had our big party on Saturday then yesterday after church Angie went and bought a new car. She is spending time with her head in the manual and looking online for "goodies" like ramp for the dogs etc. :)

We will have some killer burgers later and I will also have a Nathans hot dog...something I can't resist after watching the hot dog eating contest each year on espn :D

Our trip up to Downieville to see my stepdaughter and her Americorp firebreak team went excellent! We had so much fun as well as going through California wine country Napa Valley on the way home and seeing my niece at the winery she works at. We sampled and bought some great wine at awesome family discounts she was able to give. In fact her boss even discounted what she was able to give us :carrot:

It was a great trip with my wife, we did alot of hiking and walking and visiting in 8 days. We even had dinner in Yuba City with 13 of her family one night.

I am still off work next week so I can check in ...until then :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ well, I am finally using my new(er) PC and am on high-speed internet ... woweeeee ... is this ever fast compared to my old one!!! :D

Just had to find all my favorites again, that's all. So this should be a much better internet experience for me -- especially for the posting & emailing.

Hope you all are having a good July; the temps have cooled off a bit for us this past week. It is a bit humid but cooler, just the same; and I have my de-humidifier on, which helps a lot.

DH is busy helping a friend again this week; I will forge ahead with the packing. I'm actually having to search for stuff to pack now; but that's a good thing. The place is looking a mite bare, but I don't mind.

Time to go have some lunch and then send out some emails ... have a great day! Rosebud :flow2:

PS ~ there's some updates and a new prayer request in the PRAYER WARRIOR'S thread ... thanx!

Shy Moment
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Thought I would let everyone know I am still around. Up and down and up and down lol. Well after 1,000's of dollars in tests they know WHAT ISN'T wrong with me lol. After about a billion pills and pokes I am back on track lol. Yes, I was bigger than ever but with God's help and less meads lol I am going in the right direction. In the last three months God has covered my mouth enough for me to take off 18 pounds. Yup, pretty much right where I started 4 years ago but I am going to get where I want to be because Jesus isn't going to let me let myself down. Going to get there, going to get there, going to get there. Giving up isn't something I believe in !

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-12-2011, 05:59 PM
:wave: HI SHY ~ :welcome: BACK ... I was thinking about you recently and sent up a wee prayer that all was well with you. I was thinking myself about how my journey is taking a long time, but the LORD keeps telling me ... just keep going; it is working; just keep going ...

I keep telling DH -- "I may be slow, but I don't walk backwards" ... Abe Lincoln said that; now I do too ... ;)

I tried on some clothes recently and can fit into size 18 tops now; that is a milestone. I still take a bigger size on the bottom becuz of my tummy, but I'm still working on that part. The stomach is the hardest and takes the longest, they say ... oh well.

The other day, a lady I know asked me if I was going to have more children; I know she was just being mean. If people think by talking like that, the fat will just melt away with their words, they are fools (becuz if that worked, it would have happened a long time ago). You know, I just laughed and didn't get upset one bit -- PTL, for that marvellous victory!

I think GOD has a great sense of humor; I didn't have children, I just look like I might ... constantly! :lol: I know now that GOD LOVES ME, just the way I am; and I praize GOD for my tummy now and gave it to JESUS to do with what He will. It's in HIS hands now ... :D

bargoo
07-12-2011, 06:05 PM
My children are grown but I have a dog , took him for a walk this morning , tripped and fell flat on my face on the sidewalk. A neighbor took me to ER and I got 9 stitches on my face, starting on my eyelid and going down my cheek. I am going to have a black eye , for sure, right now my eye is almost swollen shut.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-12-2011, 06:18 PM
BARGOO ~ OUCHY, OUCH ... sorry to hear about that fall; sending up prayers for a quick healing and no scars ... :hug:

Shy Moment
07-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Just
You are always what I need. I don't come around and I hear you calling.

Bargoo
Darn sorry to hear about your fall. Please take care of yourself

Had to go have breathing tests done today so I though well heck why not stop for a weigh in. Lost another 2 pounds.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-13-2011, 11:12 PM
SHY ~ :lol: congrats on losing 2 more lbs -- that has to be very encouraging for you ... glad you found the method that works for you!

Had a good day; eating was good too. Since we've been having such high temps lately, and our kitchen gets the hot western sun, I decided to switch our lunches & dinners (supper). Today, I made Beef Stroganoff in the AM and we had it around 1 pm. Then we had a very lite cool dinner; and I had salad with mine. This is working out well for us. Some say that it may even help with weight-loss; if I notice any difference, I may switch more often.

Had to go to the lawyers today so they could straighten a "name legality" -- seems some computers were dropping off some of the letters in my name, so had to get that fixed up pronto. Otherwise, just did stuff around here.

Wow, it is so much easier to come in here than before; just takes a few minutes now. Just finished another small book; more fluff fun. Time to get off to bed pretty soon though ... ;)

Hope you all have a good week ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY
07-13-2011, 11:59 PM
I promise to catch up tomorrow!

been with that GRANDdaughter....

EZMONEY
07-16-2011, 05:28 PM

I hope everyone is doing well. We have happy evening planned, our GRANDdaughter is getting baptised tonight at church...my son and dil wanted to do it at the Saturday evening service....less people and they are worried she may throw a :tantrum: ....:D

Our Pastor baptised our GRANDdaughter's daddy as an infant and her mommy as an adult, a few years ago, plus he marrried her parents so this will be very :cool: for our family :)

We will meet at their home after service. I made a hamburger chili and a turkey chili, Angie made a veggie chili to feed the masses.

be back.....computer glitch to check on

EZMONEY
07-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Heck I don't know what is going on here. I type then the computer freezes and then it picks up again add all the words I typed but didn't see come up on the page...strange.

Anyway, all is well here. The weather has been real nice and Angie and I have been getting our walks in. Unfortunately I have not lost weight. Being on vacation I haven't burned too many calories and we have been going out to lunch a few days a week to places we don't usually get to go to because we both are working.

Angie has us eating a lot more veggies as she is "pushing" us towards...but not into...vegetarianism :)

I do go back to work on Monday for a short while but we are picking up and the future looks semi-optimistic for our company's near future. I sure have enjoyed the time off...much needed plus I had time with my wife....usually it seems when I am off she is working and vice-versa since she is always off during the summer biggest work times in construction.

Well I will check back in later.....

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-17-2011, 12:27 AM
GARY ~ ya, that was happening to me too; I thought it was just me -- that I was just typing too fast. In college, that happened to me a lot and the PC would send out a protesting "buz", so my teacher said that she had to up the speed for me. It kept doing that, so she told me to slow down ... :lol: Seems to be OK right now -- in this post, so maybe they fixed it for us. :shrug:

How did the baptism go; did she get upset over water being sprinkled on her head? Some babies don't like that at all; others, sleep through it. Hope it all went well and your family had a nice time together.

It was very :hot: here today ... 90F in the shade, no less; supposed to be :hot: tomorrow too, but some :rain: should roll in here too. I'll take the :rain: to cool things down; as we have both air conditioners going tonight to cool the place off -- good thing it's half price in the off hours.

Had good day & week; eating is going well. I am now starting to pack the xtra food and the clothes and boots & stuff -- I'm glad we are getting down to the nitty=gritty here. Less than two weeks to go ... the clock is ticking. :carrot:

Hope everyone here are managing to stand the heat this summer; and that the fires are out in the south. Just finished a story about the Marines: a romance within the ranks so2speak, but the author did get some advice from them about it and admitted to taking some licence with the story, but it was still fun anyways.

Well, it's time to "hit the hay" -- boy, time flies when you are on here ... have a super Sunday ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY
07-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi GALS ~

The baptism went well :) GRANDdaughter was a perfect :angel: angel ...for the most part....she did raise a little fuss before she was sprinkled with water but as soon as she got wet it redirected her mood back to happy :)

Had a nice dinner at my son's house after, I made a beef and a turkey chili and Angie made a veggie one. The kids also had sandwich fixins and other delights. There was 27 family members in all for the wonderful occasion.

My daughter in law told me afterward that she started to cry when it was all over and she was back in the pew. She said that it really sunk in after what I meant when I had told her several times prior that it would be the most important day of my GRANDdaughter's life!

Well Ladies I will probably be gone most of the week at work so until then my prayers are with you all!

bargoo
07-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Well, Grandpa Gary, where are the pics ?

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-19-2011, 11:56 PM
:wave: HI ~ well, the :hot: July temps were back today, but not as bad as other days (in the low 80's F), so it was much more bareable. The humidity wasn't a bad as the other day (we had a wee flood, as our air conditioner forget to shut off when the bin was full); although late this afternoon, we had to turn on the small air conditioner as it was getting quite hot in here ... but we are so blessed to have it, and we are very grateful too.

Just had a quiet day at home; food went well, had a cool pasta-veggie salad with tuna for dinner, which is nice on hot days (I cooked the pasta ahead yesterday morning). Didn't want to heat the kitchen even more by putting the stove on during the hottest part of our day here.

Temps should be about the same tomorrow, but we may get a thunderstorm, which may cool things off for us -- and that would be nice. Packed a couple more boxes yesterday, and will tomorrow as well, I think. Pretty much the same old going on here, but it keep me busy along with my regular chores ... ;)

Hope you are all having a geat week ... Rosebud :val3:

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2011, 05:14 PM
EZ, congrats on the baptism of your granddaughter! My baby cousin just had hers 2nd weekend in July :)
bargoo, I hope you are healing well
JustWant, You sound super excited about the move

I just wanted to step in and check it out in here, had not been in the Faith based support perusing as of yet and so glad I did! I am seeing prayers and faith all over and that is so uplifting to me! I will pray your move goes smoothly, though afraid to say I have not read enough to know where you are moving or the reasons, but sure it is in His will for you to do so :)

I am still new, and also on a battle of the weight/health journey. Have suffered some medical issues over the last year and a half that caused a "ballooning" if you will, and now that it is mostly found out and controlled, I am on the wagon, lol. Prayers are my strength and where my positivity comes from (anyone who reads the kids thread or the activity with pain thread knows I have some obstacles, but they are JUST obstacles)... He guides me in the right direction ;) It's nice to see others with faith as well, no matter the higher power basis, faith is strength... just an opinion of course. I hope to get to know you all abit better! ~Star~

bargoo
07-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I had my stitches out, I am going to be left with a scar. although Doctor says it will be a long time before it is completely healed.
My family has been after me to move nearer oldest son and DIL due to other health issues, now that I apparently can't walk on a flat surface they are more insistant than ever. I had an interview yesterday with an apartment in Davis, Ca. Don't know if this the right thing to do or not.

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I will pray the answer will become clear to you, bargoo. I am sorry to hear you will have a scar remaining, but so glad you were able to get the stitches out :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-21-2011, 07:30 PM
BARGOO ~ sorry about the scar but it may eventually go away -- I burnt my right breast (yes you read that right) on the stove burner, and thought it would never heal; but after taking some Vitamin A for that scrape on my leg, the scar there disappeared too ... Praize GOD!!! Have sent up some prayers for you about the decision to move closer to family; do you want to? That matters ... I mean I've fallen, but didn't think I had to move becuz of it. It's nice to be near loved ones who care for you if that is what you want though. Maybe ask GOD for a positive sign about this ... :hug:

STAR ~ nice name; I had a friend once named Star. Glad you checked us out over here; this is a really nice group. Some are busy right now, but I sure hope they check in again soon or I will send up some prayers that my Angels will get after their angels to :kickbutt: so they will get back here and let us know how they are ... ;)

Yes, we are excited becuz we bought a house; what an awesome blessing for us. It is a long-time dream and as always, GOD had better plans for us! We were trying to build a small cabin, but it was really dragging along; I really started wondering why, so I prayed about it daily. Then I kept getting bombarded, DAILY, with thoughts in my mind that we should BUY A HOUSE ...

I wrote about this in the PRAYER WARRIORS thread. I had so many verses given to me, including one that GOD MUST BUILD THE HOUSE; and that HE would get us a house. Well, at first I thought ... HOW? But you know that verse in Mark that goes like this ... WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Well, HE sure proved that ... Praize GOD!

I prayed every day; and GOD moved mountains out of the way! In one week, we had the money, and found the house. You gotta BELIEVE; you gotta TRUST Him; and then just WAIT ... and "HE WILL BRING IT TO PASS". Psalm 37:3-5.

We had a wee shower today; it helped cool things down. Got lots of the technical stuff done for the moving today -- the calls for the utilities and such. Tomorrow, we sign more papers; lots more of that to do and then we're all set to move. DH went and inspected the house again the other night and everything's OKay ...

Have a fabulous Friday tomorrow everyone; RONNI, WILMA, BOOTSIE, KAREN, and others -- I am praying for you ... hope all is well! Rosebud :flow2:

bargoo
07-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Rosebud,
Yes, I have had Vitamin A recommended by others as well , I am going to get some today.
It isn't just the fall that concerns them , the other health issues that are present, I am still in cancer treatment and that takes a lot of trips and sometimes quite a lengthy visit.
Thank you all for your prayers.

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Rosebud - That sounds so nice! My DH and I just bought our dream home and moved into it January. It is in a rural area and we love it. We had prayed and been in search over 4 months...then it happened. We looked at it, and it had all we were searching for; then when we went upstairs, we saw handwritten on the wall (someone tried to cover it with paint, but it showed through) "baby girl"... which is what my parents STILL call me (and I am...well, upper mid-30's, lol)... if that wasn't a sign!!!! I called my father from upstairs of that house (from AZ to Maine where they live) to tell him we found our house! LOL! We put in our bid, and there wasn't even a counter! It was ours! Perfect for the children and their medical issues too - which honestly, I started to wonder if we would find... but He will provide. The trick is to realize it's on HIS time, not yours, lol... I am still working on that part myself :) I hope your home ends up being as perfect for you as ours is for us and I pray that the weather is perfect for the big move! It wasn't long ago I went through it all, so know there is a TON of side stuff that has to be done, so good luck and try to remember to rest ;)
Thank you for the compliment on my name. The full name is actually "Starla", but lots of people just shorten it. My parents named me after a pastor's daughter.. my mom had heard the name and fell in love with it apparently. I can't wait to get to know everyone.. including those who have seemed to go MIA due to whatever obstacles life has thrown at them to take up their time and pray everyone is ok :)

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 11:19 AM
bargoo - I didn't know of your treatments, I am sorry to hear of that. Are you doing chemotherapy? Or radiation? If too nosey, just tell me and I will totally understand. I will definitely add you to our prayer chain locally, if you are ok with that? Do you want to move? Or is it more you feel like you have no alternative? I am a bit forward cause I am an open book... but it is out of a desire to get to know you and throw out the proper prayers... or I can leave it as: unspoken, as He knows you needs: if you prefer? ~Star

bargoo
07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I have metastasized breast cancer, that is a fancy name for saying my cancer has spread. I had breast cancer over twenty years ago and learned more recently it has spread to my bones. No one knows why that happened after so many years, I have had surgery and radiation and am now on an oral medication and infusion (IV) every so often. Actually I feel quite well and thanks to God I am feel perfectly at peace. The fall is a concern because of the bone situation fortunately I just received lacerations and nothing broken. I have an oncologists visit today.

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I am glad your feelings are of peace and acceptance of what lays ahead, and all too familiar with the terminology (due to family as well as job related). Seeing that it didn't reappear for over twenty years is a good sign of body strength for you though :) I am glad to hear you have not had to suffer broken bones as a result... I can't imagine nursing broken bones along with the treatments. Is the infusion the one that is every 6 months? (except to start they do a treatment, then 2 weeks later another one... then on to the 6 months). I will send prayers for you. There is power in prayer and power in numbers, combine the two and anything is possible! ~Star

EZMONEY
07-23-2011, 10:00 AM

I am home for at least the week-end. I may leave again at some point next week for a project but I am hoping to pass it along to a couple of my guys as they have been off work for a month and could use the money. Sometimes my boss "allows" me to do that and other times he wants me to be there for supervision. Wouldn't mind being home since Angie is still on summer break from school :)

I am home all alone...:( ...nah! ;) all is good!

Angie flew up to Sacramento while I was gone last week, our (my step for the newbies) daughter finished up her Americorps commitment. They drove my daughters car down and are visiting Angie's mom and sister right now, should be home late this morning.

:carrot: I got to babysit my GRANDdaughter all by myself last night for 3.5 hours...way cool :cool: I am so blessed!

And BARGOO I will post some new pics this week-end! She is so cute!!....

Looks just like her grandpa ......:nose:

Well I better feed these dogs :)

Oh and :carrot: welcome STAR!! awesome to have you here!

Prayers ~ Gary

ItsMyTurn
07-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Thank you, Gary :) Nice to be on board.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-23-2011, 07:31 PM
BARGOO ~ I can understand your son & DIL (family) would like you to be closer so they can give you more direct support; they are concerned. Am still sending up prayers for you with everyone else for your health, esp for peace & strength & comfort during your treatments ... hope the appt went OK. :hug:

STAR ~ that is a pretty name (Starla) and quite unique. I can see the signs about your house too. Yes, there are lots of little jobs to do when buying a house; we just have one more signing day with the lawyers next week (I think) before we move. I do have to watch to not overdo it; I did hurt my upper back some how this week; probably packing or moving things around. Have had a bit of pain in my upper back when I bend my head forward (that is from an old injury years ago).

I fell down some stairs and really damaged my right knee and a disc in my back, then aggravated it again by bending too far while making a bed. Old injuries can come back to haunt us years later; maybe it's the same with cancer, I don't know (just wish that didn't happen though).

I'm baking some chicken pieces in BBQ sauce for the next few days today, as it was a nice cool day today. We picked up a few groceries for the week today as well, as it was such a relief from the 90's F we had yesterday. I am baking a compote of apples & rhubarb for the week also; and it smells great in here. :D

GARY ~ You're not really alone -- cuz I know that Reba and Riley are there with you. I should be able to see those pics now that I have a much better PC. Numpster & her DH are coming up in September for a holiday & to see our new house; she will be helping with my PC, as the sound driver isn't in yet (forgot), but they are so busy with so much to do working and running the B & B place ...

Gonna go turn the oven down a bit; keeping an eye on that chicken & compote for tomorrow. Hope you all have a Serene Sunday tomorrow; I will be resting completely for sure ... Rosebud :flow2:

DeniseOfPa
07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Bargoo, I am an Ovarian Cancer survivor so I am somewhat familiar with your road. :hug:

Do any of you do any book studies for weight loss? My church had done 3D up until I had cancer. I had to quit because of that but the group had stop meeting. I have been feeling led to start another group at church. I was thinking about Made To Crave. A couple of friends recommended that.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-23-2011, 09:56 PM
DENISE ~ that book is rather new, but you are welcome to start a thread up, if you wish to ... :D

EZMONEY
07-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I posted the new pictures here ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/238931-i-hate-brag-lol.html

DeniseOfPa
07-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I had borrowed the book but did not have it long before she asked for it back to read during a vacation. Now I have it on a list to order with the church library order.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
:wave: Well, we had a great day today; the weather was really nice this AM -- much cooler. We went and signed the last papers for our house today. Now, there's just one more week of waiting for the rest of the legal stuff to be finished -- the house is fully ours by noon, a week from today!

:carrot: YAHOO, BABY!!! :carrot:

Then, my SIL will be helping us paint the first week of August -- that should be fun; it shouldn't take too long though. Eating has been good this week too; staying on plan well. My back is feeling much better today, so thanks to anyone who prayed about that for me. I have most of the packing done already, so I am going to rest up well this week.

We went over to inspect the house yesterday and discovered that we have 2 big patches of Rhubarb of our own now; isn't that nice? GOD just keeps on surprising me more & more! "Delight yourself in the LORD, and HE will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4

GARY ~ very nice baptism picture of your grand-daughter & family; she can't help but be a beauty with such good-looking parents ... :D

Hope everyone here is well; have a great day tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow2:

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Gary - unfortunately I can't view pictures at work, so will have to wait til I get home tonight to look. I am sure that it was wonderful though!

Rosebud - Wow, only 1 more week! How awesome! We STILL have not finished our move-in painting at our place and have been there since January, LOL! Hubster and I just have not had time at the start, and now not doing it until we are consistently under 100 degrees outside cause it just hates to dry in that heat, even with the a/c. As far as the rhubarb surprise... total score! I haven't had rhubarb since I moved out of Maine, my grandmother had a patch, as did my uncle...so I always had some when it was in season :) So glad to hear your back is better too!!!

This week has been scheduling crazy for us; getting the kiddos squared away to start their new schools and fitting in as many of the medical appointments before it does as we can. The open house/meet the teachers for the youngest is Aug 3rd with a start date of Aug 8th. Many schools in the area started this past Monday, but I am grateful for the extra time to get organized. It hasn't been hectic enough to take me off my plan with food and exercise though, so yay!

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Well, DH & I have been paint hunting the last 2 days; and we saved some big money on sales too, plus we were given a free $30.00 gift card as well. Today, we picked up some stain for the front deck and saved $$$ on that as well; now, we should be set for the painting next week. We have a plan that DH will do the top, me the middle, and SIL the bottom -- or something like that, so I won't hurt my back again.

My SIL said she was impressed with our house -- how it has a lot of unique features compared to some of the new houses that are just very plain, yet ask for 4 x times as much. She said that she was looking at some new houses that seemed very plain to her for such high prices. I have always thought that older homes seem to have a personality of their own; and it is obvious that someone had put a lot of time and money into it. My parents always bought older homes with lots of character, so that didn't phase us at all.

DH can spend his spare time doing little fix ups here and there; and that will give him a second hobby to work on now. He is very excited about it. His memory was giving him some problem today; so I keep praying for him to be more patient with himself.

I was reading a devotional just today about asking GOD for more patience, and invariably when you do, you end up with issues that call for more patience ... eeks. It is true what they say ... be careful what you ask for! ;)

The temps have turned :hot: again this week, so we have been having late afternoon & evening siestas here. We found another surprise & blessing at our new house yesterday -- it's cooler than this place (we are sure that it is becuz it is finished with brick on 4 sides, which is keeping it cooler).

I got lots of walking in yesterday; and today, I helped DH sort & pack some of his stuff -- exercise is exercise. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow2:

PS ~ here's a picture of our house in the winter; it's nicer now in the summer with lots of flowers in the front (last picture). The other one is the jacuzzi tub in the main floor bathroom, and two views of the kitchen cupboards (there's lots of them). I could only put 5 pics in this post ...

3996239959 399603996139963

ItsMyTurn
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Rosebud - I have to say that is the cutest house! It looks so pretty that it's like a doll house! My DH also likes the fact since we bought our house that he has little "projects" to do again. I will hope your DH memory doesn't push his frustration button too badly

bargoo
07-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Rosebud, love your house and am totally jealous of all those kitchen cabinets.

EZMONEY
07-29-2011, 07:22 PM
HI GALS :)

Taking a few minutes to check in before Angie and I watch that GRANDdaughter of ours tonight...

boy :love: date night :love: sure has changed since she was born....and I am not complaining! ;) :carrot:

We will run out and pick up a pizza then toss together a quick antipasto salad here at home. We will then eat between play time and holding/rocking the kid.

ROSEBUD LOVE! The pictures, I know how special this is for you both...we have been together a long time :hug:

ITSMYTURN I am well aware of that heat! I lived in Yuma as a child 3 different times, although the last time was about 47 years ago when I was 10. We bounced back and forth from there and San Diego when my dad got out of the Navy and into construction. We visited often though as we had relatives there, I also had a friend in Phoenix I would see from time to time. I do remember getting out of school a few times 'cause it was so hot and in the summer taking naps in the day time then playing outside until way late in the evening.

Well GALS ~ I will see you this week-end with any news that comes my way...also check out the poem I posted in THOUGHT FOR TODAY, it's way cool!

Prayers ~ Gary

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-29-2011, 08:00 PM
STAR ~ yes, it does kinda look like a little doll house; but it looks smaller than it is (it is long in length; 37' plus two 8-10 feet porches, front & back). It's a cute, little bungalow. The front isn't that fancy but the flowers in the brick garden really brighten it up in the summertime. That porch is quite nice with the black steel posts, and I have a black cast aluminum Stanley Park bench that will look lovely on the left side of the porch.

BARGOO ~ yes, all those cupboards are just one of the reasons I loved it -- here, I only have a few on one wall; and there are cupboards on three walls of this kitchen (and they were hand-built of solid wood, which is rare today). There is another secret door on the 4th wall that you cannot see, which opens up and reveals a built-in ironing board, but we are going to change that to a spice cupboard instead. That wall is covered in mirrors with gold swirls -- and it's quite pretty.

That bathroom is awesome; the pictures just don't do this house justice. That jacuzzi tub takes up half the room; and the sink is a large Victorian style with a matching toilet. The whole room is blue with some mirrors, tiles, and lovely pewter decals. The window is a thick etched glass of starbursts -- hard to describe, but so beautiful.

There are just so many little touches to appreciate; like hand-carved bon-hommes (or clowns) into a solid wood wall over the back closet. Frosted glass hanging light in the bathroom, etc. We hope to add a few more unique touches to the place ourselves. The basement has a large rec-room, another 2 piece washroom, and a laundry room with more cupboards. We hope to add a small storage room & workshop room for DH to play in. ;)

Even if it is an inconspicuous-looking little dollhouse, we know that the inside has lots of charm -- I loved it from first sight, and it had what we needed on our list too. I really love the trees -- a large pine tree at the front & fur trees in the back, and two kinds of Lilac bushes, front & back; plus the peony bushes, the Lilies, the Rhubarb patches, and climbing vines, and some other big flowers (I don't know their names yet), etc. And, of course, the price was right too!

GARY ~ you posted while I was typing. Yes, you do know how much this house means to us -- it is a big, dream for us ... over 20 years! We Praise GOD daily for this awesome blessing!!!

Our day started out really hot, but then a nice :rain: storm rolled in and cooled us down -- and I mean literally cuz I went out onto the porch and stood right in the rain. Our dear NIKO has learned how to open the front door and has been playing a game called "IN & OUT" today -- the only thing is that he can't get back in and then barks if it rains or he hears thunder -- the little rascal only wants to stay out for a few minutes at a time.

This a long holiday weekend here in Canada, so the stores were really busy today despite the heat. Thank goodness, it is much cooler now. Hope you all have great weekend too ... Rosebud :flow2:

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-29-2011, 08:53 PM
STAR ~ My DH was diagnosed 20 years ago with a "Cognitive Development Disorder" called Asberger's Syndrome; and has always had a memory & learning challenge, but now that he is in his sixties, it getting much worse.

It calls for a lot of patience on my part (to put it mildly) and yes, he does get very frustrated. We have good days & bad days, like yesterday. It is so hard to explain to people what goes on here on a daily basis -- he forgets, then gets upset at himself, and at me, and at life. I try to calm him and help him as much as I can. He loses things all the time, but he doesn't remember touching them in the first place (denying it), and can't recall his steps; sooo, I search for them ... every day -- I pray and my Angels help me.

The hardest part is trust & acceptance; he has to trust me explicitly, and it's hard for him to accept how often and how much he forgets. Yesterday, he filled the car trunk twice and had to empty it twice, becuz he couldn't remember that it needed to be empty to go shopping this morning. You tell him something and within a minute, he forgets what you said. He can't remember people's names or where they live; he can't remember them at all unless he sees them regularly. You tell him a joke and he forgets it minutes later -- that is, if he even gets the punch line in the first place.

It's a complicated brain disorder with multi-symptoms; and there are so many more that it would take pages to explain them all. Actually, he is doing well considering; he is a high-functioning Autistic person. He taught himself to read comic books, but other academics faltered becuz he couldn't grasp the spelling & writing skills well enuff.

He was great at mechanics and woodworking, and can do lots of little Mr. Fix-it things around the house, but you need to have lots of patience with him. He goes at his own pace; and, he often has to do something more than once to get it done right. He makes lots of mistakes and often needs guidance even if he doesn't want it (pride causes a problem here).

DH & I don't argue about ourselves -- ALL of our little spats (as rare as they are) are always regarding his challenge, in some way or another. He argues with me, even when he is wrong; and it embarrasses him just how often he is mistaken. I have to remind him all the time that we are on the same side -- the same team. I have to remind him about "appropriateness" -- as he gets the "silly-willies" at the most inopportune times. :shrug:

Mostly, I try to focus on the positive; and we are winning. I am a social worker with experience working with people with all kinds of challenges -- so I can now see why GOD brought us together. DH has some wonderful qualities too -- he helps me in ways that many men don't or won't help their wives. I care for him and he cares for me. We help each other. We actually compliment each other; having opposite gifts & talents -- I can see GOD involved there.

So I pray a lot, trust me; becuz some days are very hard on me. It's so sad to watch this happen to your spouse every day, and then be the brunt of his frustration and anger. Then others tease him or make fun of him, and that hurts him ... and me indirectly, becuz he's my spouse.

We do have our challenges: mine are more physical and his are cognitive, but we are both just doing the best we can. So if you want to, please do pray for us -- becuz we can sure use it & appreciate it too. Thanks ... Rosebud :hug:

EZMONEY
07-29-2011, 11:17 PM
..... Then others tease him or make fun of him, and that hurts him ... and me indirectly, becuz he's my spouse.

No dear...that would be directly...since God made you one! :hug:

and as always my :angel: prayers :angel:

EZMONEY
07-30-2011, 08:24 AM
:bday2you:HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARGOO!:bday2you:

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Rosebud - The house doesn't look small... I meant dollhouse more like cause it's so adorable with So much character, and so many things that already make it feel, even in pictures, like a warm and wonderful place! :)

I have no personal experience with Aspbergers and can hear how it hurts you (agree with Gary that it's directly, not indirectly) and will for sure send you prayers. I do understand how tiring a constant battle can be though, and for that, I pray to give you strength (both of you) to help keep ya going. The challenges we face our not in me or DH though, they are with our children. Out of the 3, 2 of them face very tough challenges physically and mentally... our son is the one we worry more for - as he is 17 and we are struggling to get services in place so he can be an independent adult as he wishes to be. It sounds like God choose you for him and him for you!!!! No mistaking that one bit! With or without struggles, you sound as though you are so very much in love and know the Source of that happiness.... as you have your spouse, your house... people sometimes roll their eyes when I say "If you have faith, He will provide"... but it's so true. It's just hard cause it's on His time and not ours.. sometimes hard to understand in the moment. Hope you aren't wearing yourself out too much with all that needs doing!

Gary - Watching the grandbaby must sure keep you busy! :) What a blessing to have her close enough to have that time though! Enjoy the night!!!

Bargoo - Happiest of Birthdays to you :)

bargoo
07-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Rosebud, praying for you and DH.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-30-2011, 01:53 PM
THANKS, BARGOO ~ :woo::bday2you::woo:

GARY ~ Many thanks you gals/guys! Yes, you are right -- it is DIRECTLY becuz we are one indeed. GOD knew what he was doing when he brought us together for sure. I don't think there is anything that DH wouldn't do for me (righteously, I mean ;)); and visa versa. Our FAITH is what keeps us going; and GOD is our source of love and strength! Sometimes I joke about our circumstances, but a sense of humor goes a long way to help us deal with our challenges too.

STAR ~ I am slowly learning to pace myself; and we have arranged for some help with painting & moving -- so that we can take our time (just overdid it once; last week, but am doing well again). I am sending up prayers for you/DH and your children too ... :hug:

Oh, we have company; tootaloo for now ... Rosebud :D

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Rosebud - thank you so very much! As you well know, there is never enough prayers :) I am glad you shared though, so that DH and I know to include you and yours in our prayers as well. I am glad you have arranged for some help, that will help tremendously :) Enjoy your company!

bargoo
07-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Rosebud, many geniuses suffer from Aspergers, Bill Gates has been rumoured for several years to have Aspergers.

EZMONEY
07-30-2011, 09:43 PM

Angie and I are enjoying the evening here in the cool family room. We have the slider open and it is a cool 75 degrees. I actually got rained on this morning when I took the dogs for their 3 miler...a pleasant surprise! Angie missed the walk as she had to teach an early yoga class at the studio.

She is behind me in her recliner on her laptop and watching something Star Trek...she is a fan...I can "bare" it ;) I loved the original series years ago but after that...not so much.

We had a nice dinner, one of our favorites. I may have mentioned Angie is really working on getting us "almost" vegetarian and mostly organic.....

Linguine with olive oil, tomatoes, basil, garlic and onion tonight, a family favorite. Both Angie and I make it and when the kids were here we always had turkey bacon it it. Tonight she cooked the bacon separate and diced it so that I could add it to mine but hers remained all veggie.

An awesome homemade bruschetta and stir fried green beans, olive oil, onions and red peppers as side dishes.

All the veggies were from local organic farmers.

ROSEBUD it is nice to get painting done before moving in if possible...easier to mask and a lot faster w/o furniture and stuff....but...take it easy...you have all the time you need now...no leases, etc. :)

STAR Yep...one of the hardest things to remember is "In God's time...not ours"....tough sometimes but then looking back we can see a lot clearer some of His work. Yep, that GRANDdaughter keeps me busy when she is here...at 4 months even! I am so blessed that she lives just 1.5 miles away and can swing by often...I try to give the kids their "space" too and not be too much....she has a lot of love coming from many members of our family....we try to balance visits!

Well ladies enjoy your families :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-30-2011, 11:58 PM
BARG00 ~ oh, DH will love that one; becuz at first, he didn't want me to tell anyone when he was diagnosed (he was embarrassed by it). I used to always tell him that Henry Ford didn't go past grade 8, and he was a grand success. I think Albert Enstein had some type of challenge too, if I recall correctly. Like Ben Franklin, DH sometimes has to do something many times, but he persists out of sheer determination (and I try to encourage him and give him ideas too).

GARY ~ I agree; we have the rest of our lives. Our SIL is helping paint & clean, and today, my SIL's husband's sister volunteered to help paint too ... ;) Your dinner sounds yum too.

Have a superbly restful & blessed Sunday everyone!

ItsMyTurn
07-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Gary - Sounds like you had an all around good day. Between the pleasant walk (we have been begging for rain lately, lol) and then the nutritious meal your wife prepared (and sounds like she is successfully getting the vegetarian thing accomplished). I am so glad that you have your family living so close as well. I lived close to my family until my move here, and was so thankful my kids had that close family foundation to start out with. Those moments are priceless for you and for her :)

Rosebud - I do believe that Einstein was dyslexic (I THINK that was his challenge), and there are several in our history that have had challenges. My son also hates when I state his issues... it's because he fears people putting a label on him besides the one he earns. Not everyone thinks in that black or white mode though and views them as challenges, just as a different "way" is all.

My son decided to join DD and I for our bike ride yesterday and it was wonderful. We took a loop trail that goes by where we have assigned property in our housing association area, yet no homes have been built yet. It really was a pretty ride. Now it's time to go get ready to get my worship on! :) Have a super day all!!!

EZMONEY
07-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a great bike ride STAR! Several years ago we built a retirement house in Washington, since sold it, where there was a huge area for future building...our dogs loved to run in it...and get in the canal!!!..oh no!

I am blessed that the majority of my family...extended.. is very close and all meet at my house for most activities and bbq's which is a lot!

Off to church on another slightly rainy day...now to go get those wet dogs for breakfast!

Prayers

ItsMyTurn
08-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Gary - Oh no! Canal swimming dogs = a big ol' mess, LOL! But I bet they would feel refreshed afterwards! You are VERY fortunate to have all your family close. I did before moving, and in times like this - my daughter facing surgery and no one to be with the other 2 kids, I sure do miss how we were there for one another. Although I have gone over basic instructions for the other two, so hopefully we can avoid crisis. Fortunately for us, I believe some of our family that has passed already have been recruited to help with the full-time job of guardian angels for all of us who reside in the house... so in a way, we still have family with them :D

We managed to get a few sprinkles of rain last night, and an amazing light show of lightning... truly amazing to see! At work, making up for taking Friday off, so has been busy and this was my first chance to sneak a peek at the boards :) I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Justwant2Bhealthy
08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
We had a nice :sunny: day -- the temps were just right for the morning and most of the afternoon. It is a bit hotter in the late afteroon & early evening here, but there is a lovely breeze right now, and that helps a lot. Tried some chicken burgers tonight for dinner; I had mine with a salad and mushroom & onion medley (skipped the buns). It was quite good; DH had his homemade chz burger & tators -- I gave him some vegetable cocktail so he gets some veggies in of some kind. ;)

STAR ~ ya, I think you're correct about Albert Einstein; my youngest sister & a friend had that problem, so I know what it can do too. Sounds like you had a lovely family outing -- you're making lasting memories. Prayers the surgery for your DD goes well and that the other two will be just fine while you're away; it's good practice for them anyways ... :hug:

On Saturday, we went up to our camping lot and spent some of the afternoon there. We brought back our BBQ and some other things we needed for the house. There weren't too many bugs this time, but the :sunny: was very :hot: :hot: :hot:! I think I will take my large patio umbrella up the next time we go. We had a relaxing Sunday yesterday. Today, we packed a couple of last minute boxes from the back porch & kitchen; and then got supplies ready for cleaning & painting this week.

Have a wonderful week coming up ... Rosebud :flow2:

ItsMyTurn
08-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Rosebud - I don't know about good practice for them or not.. with my son's disabilities, there are so many things that can go badly and put his life at risk... but I am only one mom and can only be in one place at a time. I am sure they will be alright as long as I remind and remind and remind them of safety rules. I may rest a bit easier if we lived closer to a hospital or to my son's doctors... I think that is why I get uneasy... but... DD's surgery takes priority, so I gotta suck it up, ;)
I can't believe how much you have gotten done! I bet you can't wait to get painting and such to make it "yours" too :)

EZMONEY
08-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Gals ~

Angie is teaching yoga at church and I have a few minutes to check in before I get dinner going.

Spent the day over at my sister's house visiting with her and my uncle then my son/dil and that GRANDdaughter came over to swim in the pool and take my sister's 4 yr. old grandson in...the baby went in to, she loves it...all that splashing from a 4 month old...wore her out! She was easy to rock to sleep while the rest of them played.

Got three miles in this morning before it got to hot....sorry STAR...a high of 80 at my house so far today.

Rosebud nice for you to get back to the lot before the summer is over.

Well ladies have a great evening!

ItsMyTurn
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Gary - dang! 80 degrees sounds chilly! LOL! We are going to be 113 here today and dew point is above 57, so not going to feel very cool here today, hehehe. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with family yesterday!!!! That's so awesome and I love hearing about it (kinda my way of living vicariously through others for family visits, lol)

So... yesterday our car broke down after DH dropped me off at work - alternator. I had gotten my Total Gym that I was waiting for the night before, so it all balances out... positive/negative.... so he went to fix it and did great, except he tightened the belt too much - so the belt broke AND the tensioner, LOL! Oh dang. He somehow (only the Man above could have made this happen) managed to get it all fixed in time to pick me up at work, LOL. A hit to the bank account, but worth it for the transportation we rely on. Then went to get on elliptical and had an issue with my lung that effected my heart rate so had to stop... got back on for a little bit after, but no where near my normal. With weigh in being today, having started strength training this week, and then the body issues... I figured the scale would be mean and show me it can still go up.... this is one time I am glad to be wrong, LOL! Still managed to go down .8 Lb!!!! YAY! So.... I had to share the good weigh in news with ya'll!!!!! ~hugs all around~

Justwant2Bhealthy
08-04-2011, 08:57 PM
STAR ~ well, a loss is better than a gain for sure. Glad your car is repaired; thank GOD for talented husbands. Oh, it is very :hot: in Arizona, isn't it? It was that hot in Mexico when I went there as a teen, but it didn't bother me so much then. I thought we had it bad in the 90's this week -- but for this area, that is smelteringly hot. All this heat will ruin our reputation for being nice and cool Canada. DH and I both just had showers so we could cool off after painting all day.

About your DS and sibling being left alone to try his wings at independance; is there not a neighbour, or church person who could check in on them for you? I bet there are people who could & would -- if you just knew about them. Will send up some prayers about that too ...

GARY ~ YES, it was nice to go up there; we've been so busy this year. We are delaying stuff there until next year, but just enjoying it when we can. DH put the old steps back up on our camping trailer, so we were able to get in again. We have ordered a new lawnmower; should arrive this weekend.

SO, yesterday we cleaned out 2+ large bags of garbage & washed out all the kitchen cupboards and the bathroom; and today, we painted the entire kitchen, but some of it needs a second coat tomorrow as it was worse than we thought. Then we'll tackle the hallway and/or a bedroom next.

SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST ~ We need you to pray about something for us regarding our new house; the old tenants did not turn in all their keys to us and the wife was seen breaking in to our house last night by neighbours. When we got there this AM, the back door was ajar (we had double checked all the locks) and was left open all night long. Nothing seems to be missing; and we didn't take anything of value over there yet (except the paint supplies). Anyhow, I went to her house but she wouldn't come to the door and another girl just went into this "I don't know nothing speal" ... so we asked her nicely to pass on this message -- that now that we own the house, the old tenants (nor their family or friends) are not supposed to be going in there. A friend of DH's is going to put deadbolts on for us tomorrow (if he's feeling well enuff); we had bought them already, but DH couldn't find his hole saw tool to install them. I hope that just being seen & identified is enuff to ward them away for now, but am praying for them anyways.

We'll be painting all week and yes, I'm already sore; but I take lots of 5 minutes breaks and a lunch rest ... so off I go to rest up now; thanks ... Rosebud :flow2:

bargoo
08-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Roebud,changing the locks should do the trick. Praying that the old owners will stay away from YOUR house.

EZMONEY
08-05-2011, 08:34 AM
July is over so....

STOP POSTING HERE....

GO HERE ~ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/240060-christian-encouragers-august.html#post3974780