Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Has anyone tried Diet Power?

My new personal trainer recommend I use Diet Power, a website that has software for the computer, and calorie counts, measures fluid intake and exercise. I am trying the 15 day free trial and so far it is pretty good except their database of foods isn't as good as some other sites like live strong or myfitnesspal. I am wondering if anyone else is doing Diet Power?? What are your experiences with it? Since it is at cost past the 15 day free trial, I am wondering if it is worth it or worth switching back to a free site like my fitnesspal or livestrong instead. I'm NOT promoting Diet Power, I'm just trying to get feedback and experiences about it.

Thanks in advance!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I really liked Diet Power, and it helped me lose about 25 lbs. I've been trying to get them to come out with a mac version for about 5 years. It's pretty similar to the online calorie trackers, although it doesn't have as big of a food database. The one thing I loved about it the most is the emphasis they place on getting in all of your nutrients, and how quick it was to log things once you add in all of your foods. They really stress gradual weight loss through healthy eating.

It also has a lot of graphs and charts, as well as daily/weekly/monthly goals, so it's good if you're a geeky numbers person. Like I said, it's been about 5 years since I used it, and I'd gladly pay for it again if they had a mac version.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #3  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

I used Diet Power, an older version. I MUST use a nutritional software to be successful, it provides me with the information I need. What I did not care for with Diet Power's latest version is that it rated my choices, and being low carb, I did not want it "telling" me I was not doing it right. lol.

Do try some of the other free trial downloads, I am currently using Diet Organizer which I love. I prefer the program stay on my computer and that I can access it when offline for any reason. The food databases on all software just needs to be built up, it's tedious at first to enter the foods you eat, but once there, it's so easy to access. I grab restaurant counts all the time and enter them in my database. I love being able to create my own recipes too, and decide for myself the serving size. I have lost over 80 pounds by entering everything I eat, good days, bad days and seeing my averages over time, see the patterns and trends, check my vitamins and minerals, etc. I have found using a nutritional software keeps me more level headed about it all.

Diet Organizer learns your food choices, lets you quickly pick the foods you ate recently (and remembers the amount) and has a daily diary that prints out with your daily reports. You can create reports to monitor whatever you choose to watch. I have been paying attention to sodium lately.

There are several others I tried and did not care for. cNet has a couple that are freeware. Nutribase9 is also a good software. Just depends on your preferences for ease. I think Diet Organizer has a phone app. Can't remember for sure.

Last edited by one small bowl; 07-03-2011 at 11:01 PM.
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #4  
I think I can...

I've never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. But I stay away from things that cost $ there are a lot of free sites that offer the same features. I use Sparkpeople and it sounds very similar to Diet Power (except free). Are you considering joining after the 15 day trial?
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default ugh the frustrations with diet power and diet organizer!

I tried diet power and the selections I entered into the computer food log, when I tried to save them, I had a problem with my computer or with diet power repeatedly so I uninstalled diet power from my pc.

I tried the diet organizer free trial and am a bit confused. I don't know how to calculate and enter in my BMR. I don't have a calorie limit because I have no BMR entered and then the food choices I enter don't do anything...
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote