Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/237/140

Height: 5'7

Default Swimming??

The little things in life make me very happy. SO here's my story...

I don't go to public pools, I hate the stares I get and the looks from everyone, but fortunately I have a swimming pool in my backyard. It is providing me with lots of exercise right now, but the best part, is how light i seem in the water. My awesome fiance loves me the way i am, but he is more than supportive of my journey, but when we go swimming in the pool, I LOVE how he can pick me up in the pool like i am weightless, it makes me feel like one of the "skinny" girls.

Well anyway, i just thought I would make a post with one of the little things in life that makes me smile.
smccaleb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #2  
2 chins down, 1 to go

S/C/G: 387/228/175

Height: 5'6

Your story made me smile - I can definitely relate.

I LOVE swimming (was on swim team for 9 years) but once I started getting fat, I stopped going out in public in a swim suit. Fast forward to now - my parents bought a 21 foot above ground pool for their backyard and I am loving it! I can twirl, flip, stand on my head and do all sorts of other things I probably couldn't do on land plus it feels SO good after a nice, long, sweaty walk or run!
ShesLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #3  
We make our happiness :)

S/C/G: 228.8/211/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesLosingIt View Post

I LOVE swimming (was on swim team for 9 years) but once I started getting fat, I stopped going out in public in a swim suit.
WOW! I was also on the swim team for nine years and quit for the same reason!

But yes, swimming is also one of the more rewarding activities I use for exercise!!
Muffintine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #4  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Super jealous of that backyard swimming pool.

My neighborhood has a public pool, but it's circular and is in no way suited for laps. I tend to plan my trips to dip and cool off as sneakily as possible--furtively slipping into the pool when everyone else is at work.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #5  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

I house/pet sit in the summertime and have been at a house with a pool PERFECT for laps! I've had more fun than I've had in years And I've lost more weight this week than normal... it's such a good workout!
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote