Alternachicks - Movies That Make You Think

View Full Version : Movies That Make You Think

rochemist
01-10-2003, 07:39 PM
I watched Memento last night. I will agree that it does make one think about how they define their sense of purpose in the world. The pacing was a little off, but I am excited to have my husband watch it so we can discuss it.

Also watched Signs again. I saw it during the summer at the theatre and I have to say I thought it was alot slower than what it was. I like that it makes one think about what makes us have faith? Here is the other question it almost touches, if aliens came to Earth what would that do to faith? religion? to God? What does it mean if we are not alone in the universe?

I like M. Night Shyalaman movies anyway. I often feel like I belong to a small group that actually understand Unbreakable. My 3,000 comics explain alot there. And I think 6th Sense is one of the best suspense movies of alll time.

Miss Chris

Ruthxxx
01-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Well, I don't think I've contributed anything to this thread but I sure now have a list of films to see this winter! Harry likes real oldies - "Notorious", "Ivan The Terrible" Bunuel films and anything by Fellini - not that we ever go out or rent them! I am going to find some of you'all's (?) winners at the video place in the enxt town and give myself and the doggage a film night or two once the old fart has gone to bed. I may even eat popcorn!

Thanks to all.

Sojourner
01-10-2003, 07:48 PM
We are going to see Adaptation tonight... will post more later. And yes, I am going to eat popcorn for dinner.

mauvaisroux
01-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Go for it Ruthxx! There are a lot of great movies out there. I love Hitchcock movies- Vertigo is one of my favorites!

Sojo-let us know how adaptation was, it's one that is on my list to see.

Ro-I saw Unbreakable and liked it too. So did my DH. Then again we read comics too, maybe you are right and that has something to do with it :lol:

mauvaisroux
01-12-2003, 06:28 PM
I bought Titus Andronicus with Anthony Hopkins and Jessica Lange on DVD. :)

I saw it in the theatre and really enjoyed it and have been meaning to watch it again. It is based on the play by Shakespeare but it has a weird modern twist to it -not like the the Leornardo DiCaprio version of Romeo and Juliet though.

barefootgrrrl
01-12-2003, 07:52 PM
We saw "Adaptation" last night.....I started out liking it.....but then.....ended up not crazy about it :?:

it was too dark for me I guess - but it did make me think, so that's a good thing......think about Darwin and life and moving on and what it takes for us to move on when we know it's time but we can't overcome inertia for whatever reason........

Your Mileage May Vary - Terri

Sojourner
01-13-2003, 02:16 AM
I have to agree with you on Adaptation. I really liked it up until the last half hour and then it pretty much derailed for me. Lots of great points, especially about needing and wanting something in your life to be passionate about. The movie's screenplay was very clever and witty up until the ending... however I could have thought up a couple different endings that would have been MUCH more effective. I would offer my theory on what ACTUALLY happened in the movie and with that ending, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Don't know if I can recommend it... wait until it comes out on video.

barefootgrrrl
01-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Sojo - I really liked the beginning - when we were learning about LaRoche - very interesting character

barefootgrrl

Sojourner
01-13-2003, 02:33 PM
The cool thing about this movie is that it is really based on the book "The Orchid Thief" and LaRoche is a real person and so is the journalist. The movie really IS the true story about the writer attempting to turn the book into a screenplay. I saw the book in Barnes and Noble and it is the exact book they use in the movie. It was interesting to see how the real book actually ended... it gave me some insight into the way the movie ended.

barefootgrrrl
01-13-2003, 04:36 PM
ok, let me make sure I understand this -

the screenwriter is based on a true life person and his story.....

as is Susan Orlean ( that was her name I think)?

and LaRoche and his story - all of it is real

wow - I guess I only thought the screenwriting was real.

Yes, the movie had many layers.....

but the real ultimate screenwriter could have done something better with the ending, no? LOL

Terri

Sojourner
01-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Warning... don't read this post if you haven't seen the movie yet!!

Well, almost... the real book ends when LaRoche and Orlean are searching for the "ghost" and can't find it and get lost... they then come across their vehicle and drive away. Thats it in terms of reality. The rest of the movie I think is the screenwriter's attempt to make this simple book into a movie, with adding on a more "Hollywood" ending. Remember when the two brothers are sitting in the hotel room and he asks "So how would you end the movie?" Then from that point on the movie gets a little whacky. Then remember in the very end when he is driving in his car he says something like "I know the perfect way to end the movie"... in essence the last half hour is his made up version of how the book should end if it were to be a successful movie. At least thats my theory. They could have done the same thing but in a much more clever and funny way I think.

Clear as mud! :)

rochemist
01-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Huge Ed Norton fan here, if anyone goes and see 25th Hour let me know, because after Nemesis I can't take anymore disappointment LOL!

Now I am confused on Adaptation. Should I see it or not? You gals have intrigued me with your insight.

My favorite Hitchcock movie was Rope, because it is so subtle in the psychological impact. Plus that it is based on real people seems like so much after thought. I think each of us have met those who believe in their superiority. But Hitchcock was a master and anyone who hasn't seen Two Strangers on a Train, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Trouble with Harry, or Psycho is missing out on what master fil making is about, A great Story.

HMMM maybe I need to forward this to George Lucas. Watched Episode II again today, someone should not let that man write anymore he has no idea about dialogue flow just special effects.

Miss Chris :cool:

Sojourner
01-14-2003, 03:22 AM
You seem to be a film buff like me... so I would probably recommend Adaptation to you because you will appreciate a lot of it. Parts of it are absolutely brilliant. I'm curious as to another opinion about the ending too.

I love Edward Norton... he is one of my favorite actors. Looking forward to seeing 25th Hour but will probably wait until it goes to the budget theater.

Punkinseed
01-14-2003, 11:20 AM
I rented Y Tu Mama Tambien over the weekend (spanish w/ english subtitles). It was good - really made me think about living in the moment and not wasting life. Coulda' done without the pubescent sex fests though... But then again, I guess that would define living in the NOW and not worrying about the future... :chin:

Terri

barefootgrrrl
01-14-2003, 08:45 PM
I really enjoyed " Y Tu Mama Tambien" too

some parts intriguing, some parts sorta disturbing, some parts sad, often very sexy, made me think about social classes and the impact of NAFTA.

I've had lost weekends in Latin America ( yo hablo espanol) so it hit me in an interesting way.

Thanks for that! Terri

rochemist
01-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Liberated, sexual enabled, and self esteem seeking women not offended by open dialogue should indulge in the Notorious C.H.O.
Margaret is as open as ever and I love it at the end where she pokes fun at mom!

Miss Chris

VelvetCyberpunk
01-16-2003, 02:40 AM
Margaret Cho is awesome! I love her! Did anyone see the Anna Nicole Smith Christmas special? Margaret was there, and when she left Anna gave her a huge french kiss. It was, ahem...something to see for sure.

I also love Janeane Goraofolo (Sp?) She is so cute, and cool, and she refuses to be anything other than what she is. That is very cool, and sexy.

barefootgrrrl
01-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Chris - what does "sexual enabled" mean? sorry if I sound naive!

Terri - thinks she might be enabled, not sure LOL

alt-belle
01-16-2003, 12:33 PM
I saw the title of this thread and immediately though "MOMENTO!" :lol: I literally laughed out loud when I read the first sentence of your post.

Great movie. I haven't seen Signs yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Cheers!

~B

alt-belle
01-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Speaking of movies, has anyone seen Real Women Have Curves? I'm not sure if its exactly a movie that "makes you think," but its on my list of movies to see. I've read mixed reviews, just curious to see what you guys thought/think.

~B

Punkinseed
01-16-2003, 01:41 PM
Welcome Alt-belle!

No, I haven't seen Real Women Have Curves, but I read a story on it in People magazine a month or so ago and it sounds really good. Of course here in 'middle of freakin nowhere' Oregon, I'll have to wait for it to come out on video... :rolleyes:

Signs I liked, a lot. Not only cuz I'm a crop circle admirer, but because they leave a lot of the movie up to your imagination - and our imaginations can be more disturbing than what someone in Hollywood can show you. I've always believed the scariest parts of movies are the parts we're allowed to make up ourselves.... a la Blair Witch, which was so-so, but that same dark screen and screaming... totally freaks me out.

Terri

rochemist
01-16-2003, 11:42 PM
You know she is more sexually abled. She makes her own oppurtunities to explore who she is sexually. What she likes and doesn't like, with a unique bravery. So maybe I mispoke but you get my meaning now Barefoot?

FYI: Big Trouble, no thinking but cute. I love DJ Qualls!

Miss Chris:cool:

rochemist
01-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Special Features

All these DVDs have special features, what do you gals think? Its usually a 50/50 shot and I never want directors to explain "their vision" to me. What about my vision? Isn't that the point of entertainment, to be entertained, to think about it? I do like deleted scenes, for example, with Fight Club the editor did an awesome job. Other movies needed those scenes in to explain points missed and you think what were they thinking. Donnie Darko has a few missing scenes pertaining to Watershipdown which would have given a fuller feel to the flick. My 2 cents, anyone else think about this stuff??????

Miss Chris

Sojourner
01-17-2003, 01:55 PM
I really enjoy most of the DVD extra features... however I have never listened to the movie-length commentaries. That just seems boring and a waste of time. I do like the behind the scenes stuff, especially for special effects. I also like to hear some of the general commentary by the director and actors. In general I enjoy the extra stuff, unless its cheesy (like games or other weird features).

mauvaisroux
01-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I don't usually watch DVDs with the director's comments, they are usually boring and long winded.
However, I did watch the special edition of "Evil Dead" with Bruce Campbell's commentary -it was hysterical :)

barefootgrrrl
01-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I've seen both Signs and Real Women Have Curves.

I really enjoyed both of them but for different reasons.

Signs because I love those Mel-Gibson-as-Loving-Dad-and-Husband movies. (He plays that part so well!) I have just enough sentimentality left in me to get gushy over them - and the story was good too, as was the casting and special effects and great suspense :)

Real Women Have Curves - because as a real woman, you just gotta love any movie that gushes over women of all shapes and colors - a movie that shows us in all our glory - and because it is empowering and it's about a girl with a dream - I was a curvy young girl with a dream once :) so I liked it and so did my daughter - there were laughs and tears - it was a little long though - my only complaint.

Ok Chris - I thought that was what you meant! Yes, sexual enablement.. I like that a lot - it sometimes makes my husband raise an eyebrow, but heh! and you're right - I like these real women - not the just-trying-to-please-men kind of women.

barefootterri

barefootgrrrl
01-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Big Night - with Stanley Tucci, Minnie Driver, Tony Shalhoub, Isabella Rosselini

I saw this movie a few years ago and enjoyed it very much, except it was sad at the end as I recall.

Anyone else?

barefootgrrrl
01-19-2003, 10:13 AM
We saw 25th Hour last night - really enjoyed it.

Of course, it was a special treat for all of us Edward Norton fans!

He played his usual role - tough guy with a human side.

It's a Spike Lee movie - so it has the usual Leeisms that I enjoy - the characters on the moving walkway, in a moral crisis, etc.

And of course, it's New Yorkish and touches on the ethic themes there and post 9/11 world.

Anyway, I recommend it Terri

aphil
01-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Some movies that I love that really make you think:

Silence of the Lambs-one of my all time faves-a true classic. Makes you truly delve into the minds of many a character. To this day I cannot hear "American Girl" by Tom Petty without thinking of Kathryn Martin singing in her car.

Lord of the Rings-I have been a Tolkien fan since puberty age, and Peter Jackson has done a fabulous job with these books-plus you have the added "eye candy" of Legolas.:D If any of you have not seen the extended version-the extra 30 minutes are fabulous and highly recommended, with lots more character development.

The Omen-I have seen it a zillion times, and I still get edgy.

Dragonslayer-the most realistic dragon I have ever seen in a movie to this day...and has inspired me to make a virgin sacrifice costume for Halloween.

Braveheart-I think this is Mel Gibson's best film ever. He can never top it...I cry everytime.

Forrest Gump-Tom Hank's best work ever. The screenplay was unbeatable.
Aphil

Aphil

rochemist
01-22-2003, 11:30 PM
I am glad you liked 25th hour. I am going to try to see some movies in the next 4 days, and that and the Hours are on the top of my list.

I think Braveheart is one of Mel Gibsons best too.

I watched this movie today, Unfaithful. The movie itself was very pretty. Lots of foreshadowing and use of object to project emotions. The director obviously was complex and was trying t oadd depth to this movie. Well your weakest link is always the script. And despite everyone trying so hard the pace was slow, the story going nowhere, and the sex scenes designed by women and completely gratuitous. The acting was very good, and the movies topic is such a train wreck I did not turn away. But mostly if I could burn this one out of my mind I would.

Miss Chris

Sojourner
01-23-2003, 12:20 AM
We just saw Unfaithful last weekend and I agree the pacing was WAAAAAAY off... incredibly slow. There were many realistic elements to the characters (especially the husband and wife) and thankfully they were not stereotypes.. although the "other man" of course was the young, sexy, foreign, gorgeous man with the great accent... a rare book dealer living in New York City (of course there are so many of these men around that you just run into on the street, eh??) Worth renting if you've already seen all the great movies at the video store.

rochemist
01-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Sojo you need to come over and watch movies with me! Not only do we have similar tastes, you like movies enough to recognize whats going on. I love playing movie critic. George Lucas better hope I never get ahold of him!
LOL!

Miss Chris

aphil
01-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Then I will burn that one off my list to pick up at the video store this week...thanks for the review!:lol:
Aphil

Sojourner
01-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Ro... My family is always telling me I should have been a movie critic... I love it! Hey, you might like this web site... its the "Tuesday Night Movie Club" and they have forums and such where you can play critic and talk about films. There are some whacky regulars over there but it is an interesting site... lots of sci fi lovers too if you are interested in that. I usually pop in over there after I see a movie or to check reviews. Its:

http://www.tnmc.org

:)

rochemist
01-25-2003, 09:30 PM
I have watched all of these plus some this weekend:

1. Undercover Brother-full of cliches but if Austin Powers can do it so can Undercover Brother. Not to be taken to seriously or for those of the strict PC :lol:

2. Mists of Avalon-yes the book by Piers "never let him pun again" Anthony famous for boring us to death with such dribble as the Blue Adept series. But it is a different take on the whole Camelot Authur Legend where woman all take a dominant role. Its okay not great. Slow in spots and a little long. But I enjoyed it nonetheless because show Morgan being manipulated instead of the manipulator was so interesting. Plus the whole thing is just pretty to look at.

3. Jerry Seinfeld I am Telling You for the Last Time-I laughed as good as Seinfeld ever is:D

4. The Bourne Identity- It was pretty good, but very predictable at the end (could it be its a remake of a movie made in 1988:?: ) Watchable but not brilliant on any level, though the filmaking potential was there.

So there are my 2 cents for the movie watchers. What did you see?;)

Miss Chris:cool:

aphil
01-26-2003, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I have seen Mists of Avalon many, many times. I have to give it a higher review than you did. :) I thought it was beautiful, and Anjelica Houston was magnificent as the Lady of the Lake. I am into medieval tales, and the added perversity just made it even better.:lol:
As far as what I watched this weekend...I watched "Death to Smootchy." Has anyone seen this yet? I am still unsure what to think...except that I am noticing the total crossover from Robin Williams old days of comedy (Aladdin, Birdcage, Mrs. Doubtfire, and oh yes...nanoo-nanoo!) to all of these psychotic characters as of late...I did however enjoy his raging and destroying things, calling Smoochy a "b****** son of Barney." I am still unsure to whether I liked it or not yet.
Aphil

rochemist
01-26-2003, 11:52 AM
I agree with you that Mists was beautiful and Anjelica Huston was wonderful as always. Mostly pacing problems made it lull in spots.

I liked Death to Smoochy. It was fun and absurd. I don't know if I could watch it over and over, but I had a such a great time watching it the first time I would recommend 1 viewing. I might be a little biased. I even liked Ed Norton in that dreafully long and boring romantic comedy he made with Ben Stiller. What is that called?

Miss Chris

aphil
01-26-2003, 06:52 PM
I don't remember what it was called...but Ed Norton played a great Smoochy! It was very absurd...but he really played that niave character to a tee. It was a very colorful film...all of the sets, and the "little people" in the costumes...I liked all of the odd cast members that were in it.
I had been thinking about renting Rat Race-does anyone have any thoughts on that one?
Amy

squeaker
01-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Though I have seen them all before, some of my movies from this weekend are -

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner - Wonderful movie from '67 starring Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, and Sidney Piotier. It was Tracy & Hepburn's last movie together. It is about an inter-racial marriage. I would highly recommend it.

In the Heat of the Night - Another great Sidney Poitier movie.

Monsters Inc. - Adorable. :)

and one that I was very surprised I liked - 10 Things I Hate About You. A teen movie very very loosely based on The Taming of The Shrew. Heath Ledger and Julia Styles, who I think will have long, promising movie careers. I was really impressed. Much better then the typical teen movie.

aphil
01-27-2003, 10:25 AM
I loved Monsters Inc. as well! I bought it for my daughter-who looks just like Boo, and I actually cried during the darn thing...
Aphil

Punkinseed
01-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Aphil - I saw Rat Race. Didn't really care for it other than the character that plays "Bean" in the British comedy (can't think of his name). It was kinda' slow... A friend of mine love it though - so obviously everyone's taste is different.

Squeak - I loved 10 Things I Hate About You!! Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys some of the teen flix.

So has anyone seen The Good Girl or About a Boy? I'd like to rent them both next weekend...

Terri

rochemist
01-29-2003, 01:01 PM
My husband loves Heath Ledger and will watch anything with him in it. I give him tons of crap because only for Heath would he question his sexuality. ROFLMAO

Miss Chris

aphil
01-29-2003, 02:33 PM
That is just too funny...I personally think to get my sci-fi loving husband to question his sexuality, I would have to bring in Sauraman from LOTR, or some other "all powerful" bad guy type.

rochemist
02-01-2003, 10:33 AM
If you haven't seen the series Band of Brothers. Do. This one is really good and a must see.

Miss Chris

barefootgrrrl
02-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Go sttuck at home the other night - saw the video of
"Four Weddings and a Funeral"

I love Andie MacDowell (sp? get her name right?) in that movie - Hugh Grant seems to have the easy part -playing himself! LOL

Last night we went to see "About Schmidt" - it was depressing, but Kathy Bates was a hoot, as always. After that - straight home for a martini!

My husband only questions his sexuality when we see video clips of Barry Gibb from the 70s - all that hair and the infamous front bulge! LOL

barefoot Terri!

rochemist
02-02-2003, 01:57 PM
So what did you think about Omaha when you saw About Schmidt? Did you think about it at all?

Miss Chris

barefootgrrrl
02-02-2003, 10:55 PM
I thought that Omaha was just a euphemism for any typical midwestern city - Hollywood's version of what life is like between the coasts.

Oh and it made me want to eat a steak, lol

but more than that, the movie made me think we need to keep our lives from becoming stale and I don't want to get older and set in my ways, I always want to challenge myself and forever keep a Plan B.

did you see it Chris?

Miss Terri

ellis
02-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Surprise surprise... Ellis has just watched a few movies. ;)

Saw The Pledge, with Jack Nicholson. He's great. And Sean Penn did a very fine job directing. I didn't particularly LIKE the ending, but I appreciated it.

Saw Iris last night with DH. Very good, but naturally disappointing for a fan of her books. You just can't fit an entire life into one movie.

Watched The Banger Sisters this morning with DD, who's home sick. It was a hoot... we both enjoyed it.

I really like Guess Who's Coming To Dinner too, Squeak. :yes:

mauvaisroux
02-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Movie that did not make me think!

Saw Shanghai Knights on Saturday night-very funny- but one of those check your brain at the door before entering the theatre :lol:

MMMM...2 hours of Owen Wilson :T, oh, and the bad guy-Lord Rathbone was drool worthy too! ;)

aphil
02-10-2003, 07:26 PM
I watched Life as a House this weekend, and I also watched Labyrinth...for about the 200th time since I was a kid. I must say that I like hayden Christensen much better in LAAH than in Star Wars-I like Star Wars, but this film showed off his acting talents much, much more.

squeaker
02-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Well I rented 3 movies, so far I have watched 1 - Men With Brooms. It was a great book, and an excellent movie. Really funny. It is about a curling team.

I also rented Igby Goes Down, and the Good Girl. I will report back after I watch those.

I think I am going to see The Hours tomorrow too.

I love 4 day weekends :)

rochemist
02-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Looking forward to sneaking off to the movies to catch DD and What about Schmidt this next week :-)

Miss Chris

squeaker
02-16-2003, 08:37 PM
I saw The Hours today. I completely understand why it is up for so many awards. It was an increadible movie. I adore Julianne Moore. Though it was difficult to watch the 3 woman dealing with the pain of depression, and choosing to live life or not, I would highly recommend it.

Wanttolosealot
02-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Saw the Banger sisters last week. Great movie! Loved it!
Last night my girlfriend and I watched Sweet Home Alabama. It was a good moive too, another chick movie, but hey , I am a chick.
Virginia

rochemist
02-17-2003, 11:12 AM
I went and saw Daredevil last night. The cameos and comic book references were wonderful and even though it didn't make me think I LOVED IT!

Miss Chris

ellis
02-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Just saw What about Schmidt with DH. It had some good bits, but it was very looooooooong and slooooow. I do love Jack Nicholson. :)

squeaker
02-23-2003, 05:00 PM
I saw the cute, but silly How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days. Very predictable, but overall cute. I adore Kate Hudson, and Matthew McConaughey, and they were good together.

blackbird
02-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Now that I'm back to being a single, I get to watch movies again!!! YEAH! I watched one of my favs. today- The Razor's Edge. It has rekindled my desire to go to India one of these days, years or lifetimes....
Any suggestions on killer chic, make you think or makes those little hairs by your bum stand up movies?
Not that I mind horror and sci-fi, but I have just spent the last 18 months watching all of the X-files (and I do mean all of them) and zombies eating people eyes and/or breasts while shopping in lower Manhattan type films.
I love being a girl!
blessings-
blackbird

rochemist
02-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Watched Murder by Numbers this weekend. It was pretty good, think Crime and Punishment meets Rope with a twist. It will get you thinking about what freedom is.

13 Conversations about One Thing was okay. Very artsy and trying too hard. Pacing was a bit off in places but I still enjoyed it.

A Funny Thing Happend on the Way to the Forum. Weird. Think pre-Monty Python but with the same flavor. If I still did drugs maybe I would have like it more! LOL!
Miss Chris

mauvaisroux
02-24-2003, 12:00 AM
We had some friends over for "Spaghetti Western Night":)

We served up a spaghetti dinner with ceaser salad, crusty bread, and profiteroles for dessert (no wonder I'm not losing weight :rolleyes: ) and then we watched old Clint Eastwood movies, the ones directed by Italian directors and shot in Italy and Spain hence the theme for the evening! :lol:

We watched Hang 'Em High, The Outlaw Josey Wales (one of my faves) and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (aie-aie-aie-wha wha wha) - anyone one having seen this movie gets this- I hope- or I will sound like a complete lunatic :dizzy:

dentrassi
02-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Mauvais-SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!!!! Wish I could have come too!! LOVE those spaghetti westerns!!!! (GOT IT by the way!!!)

FINALLY saw MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING. All I can say is I hope one of my boys marries a Greek woman, because I would LOVE to be invited over for dinner!!! (GEEZ, ALL I THINK ABOUT IS FOOD!!!)

flower
02-24-2003, 12:14 AM
I saw Banger Sisters tonight. Very cute. Grif wanted to dance and dance afterwards. I am still out of breath! I loved Sweet Home Alabama! I bought it because it was always rented when I went into Blockbuster. I saw Greek Wedding this past week too. I liked it even tho I couldn't really relate because I have such the tiny family and we do what we want with no guilt. Well, little guilt...not a lot tho.

Janiegirl
02-25-2003, 01:11 PM
Hmmm...movie that made me think. Imitation of Life and did I weep and weep....Dead Ringers by Croneberg. I'm a twin and I wept at that also. I don't usually cry at movies, in fact I hate it and try to avoid it at all costs. But sometimes they zing it to you without warning.

Recent movies...Ring 0 and Ring...creepy. I haven't been so crept out since the Exorcist. Doh! Why did I mention those movies...here I am scared all over again.

Let me add
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
Matador