Chicks up for a Challenge - JULY Challenge for all

View Full Version : JULY Challenge for all

jillnicole03
07-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Hello :)
just want friends to challenge myself with... so any personal challenges you have for yourself are welcome.. if it is losing a certain amount of weight or limiting your favorite bad foods, no soda etc. This will be a 4 week, all of July challenge to see if you can stick to whatever small or big goal you set for yourself! :hug:

:welcome2:

Weekly Friday weigh ins!

aj4purpleroyalty
07-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I have started a 30 day self challenge to jump start my weight loss mission today! I am 210lbs now and am setting a 30 day short time goal to get me back in the groove of things. I plan on setting a goal every month from here on out!

goingfor120
07-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I am hoping to be under 130 by the time fall classes start again! This month I am going to commit to sticking with excercise!

7/1: 1.5 mile walk/jog, pushed my truck out of the road
7/2: 3 mile hike, carried my 50# son on my back for a little ways/lifted 5# wieghts for like 3 minutes
7/3: womp womp only lifted some weights a few minutes :(
7/4: does watching fireworks count? haha skipped today :(
7/5: made up for 2 days of slack- did 30 minute jog and 1 hr walking at4mph :)
7/6: so far I did 5 minutes of vigorous calesthenics (sp?) ... 50 situps! yay me!
7/7:nothing, worked nights
7/8: nothing, worked nights
7/9: 6 mile walk roundtrip and played at the park with my son
7/10: 10 sets of 5 squats
7/11: 40 minute walk/jog... :)
7/12: 15 minutes of strength training/crunches/5# weights... rode my bike around my yard for 10 minutes :)
7/13: did 1.5 miles on my mountain bike WAHOO! :D
7/16: planted some trees... whew!
7/17: weights! 20 minutes!
7/18: early morning bike ride
7/19: jogged 2 miles, weights for 20 minutes! lunges and squats... I work out in front of hubby to keep me going ;)
7/20: hour of zumba

littlebumblebee
07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
My goal for the month of July is to eat only healthy foods and give up the junk foods for the entire month of July.

jillnicole03
07-01-2011, 08:39 PM
AJ... that's awesome, what is your personal challenge for this month?

Goingfor120... You can do it! How many hours per week do you want to stick to? What type of exercise? :)

BumbleBee... No junk food, thats part of mine :) Always a good challenge!!

jillnicole03
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
My July Goals:
Lose 10 lbs & make it back to ONEderland :)
No junk food & mostly clean eating

sheramama
07-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Okay...I am in. With bells on. And weights around my ankles :)

July Goals:
-Lose 12 lbs
-Start circuit training 4 days a week, 6 days 30 min of cardio
-No major binging!!!!!

JillNicole: You'll totally move to onederland. I forsee it :)

littlebumblebee
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Jillnicole: It will help me to stay motivated, knowing that you are also giving up the junk food. We can do this!

jillnicole03
07-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Sheramama... Glad were a team again! No binging :cheer2:

BumbleBee... We can do this! No junk food!!

jillnicole03
07-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone :)
Hope you're having a great start to the Independence day weekend! We all have to be careful to choose wisely on all the barbeques/parties that will be present this weekend.

goingfor120
07-02-2011, 05:20 PM
AJ... that's awesome, what is your personal challenge for this month?

Goingfor120... You can do it! How many hours per week do you want to stick to? What type of exercise? :)

BumbleBee... No junk food, thats part of mine :) Always a good challenge!!

I am hoping to stick to at least 30-60 minutes a day. Hoping I can do it! :)

jillnicole03
07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Goingfor120... everyday, for 5x a week? :) That is a great goal!

jillnicole03
07-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Tomorrow is fireworks and bbq, have a great one ladies!

sheramama
07-04-2011, 11:56 PM
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

I did 3 days of calorie confusion which I hope will bump my plateau, then today diet with some carbs (healthy potato salad and a roll). Tomorrow it's back to the diet and lots of exercise :)

mysticalcrayon
07-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Hey can i join here? My July goals are 1. to get safely into ONEderland!
2. stay OP for the rest of July 3. 5 hrs exercise a week :)

darius
07-05-2011, 07:17 AM
JillNicole can I join your July thread? The other thread I joined - the original poster abandoned it and never logged in again. It's dead.

I will weigh in on Fridays. My goal is to lose 10 lb by August 1.

Initial weight on July 1: 273lb
July 8: next weigh-in

Sheramama you lost 8 lb in June; holy cow that's great!! :D

mayness
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I didn't actually weigh until today, but that's probably good since I know I went up over the past 2 days. :o

Goals:
Lose 8 lbs (CW: 144, GW: 136)
Stay under 1000 cals on weekdays and under 1300 on weekend days
Do 1395 minutes of exercise for the month (45 min a day average)

sheramama
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Darius: I'm so glad u'r back too :) I wish I lost the 15 I set out to, but I did a complete measurement of my body as I lost 12.5 inches all over. That made me feel good at least!

I weighed myself today sort of afraid after the calorie confusion since I never did it before and I am the same (whew). I was afraid I'd gain, but I think I did it right :) I am currently enjoying my half of grapefruit before work and am actually glad to be back on the diet. I'm a little worried about this weekend, since we'll be at an amusement park, but I'm going to try and sneak some of my food in. Maybe, I'll even work out in the hotel; depending on whether I'll need to pass out when we get the kids to sleep or not.

Hope everyone is having a great day. We WILL do it!!!!

jillnicole03
07-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Happy (late) 4th of July!! :) How did everyone deal with all the holiday food? My boyfriends family had a BBQ & I made myself BBQ veggies & corn on the cob, they were really yummy, & the only part off plan for me was the little EVOL that I drizzled on the veggies before throwing em on the grill. They also asked me to make potato salad, so I made it & I always put a little buttermilk ranch seasoning in to give it extra flavor, I took a couple bites to make sure it was perfect, and IT WAS lol but I resisted thankfully.

Sheramama... Wow that's awesome! I didn't do the measurements, but I should have lol :congrat: on the inches girlie!!

MysticalCrayon... cute name, would love to have you join :hug: I want in ONEderland this month to hopefully! Sounds like great goals!!

Darius... Welcome back!! :hug: 10 lbs sounds great! You can do it! :cheer2: & feel free to invite anyone else from that group to this thread if they'd like as well :)

Mayness... Great! :hug: Are you on a certain eating plan? :)

:welcome2: everyone that just joined! :balloons:

littlebumblebee
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
I stayed on track during the holiday. I am hoping to stay on track for the rest of July.

Live Laugh Love
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey everyone, I'm in again! My goal for July is to stay within my points (Weight Watchers), and to hopefully lose at least 8 lbs.

goingfor120
07-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Goingfor120... everyday, for 5x a week? :) That is a great goal!

Thanks! You have a great goal too.. I am really finding that coming on here keeps me GOING. I am new to all this and it has been a chore- glad I have to rectify my actions by commiting to posts lol.

I am going for 6 days a week- but lately 5 days a week seems feasable. I want to see inches go away :)

jillnicole03
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
BumbleBee... Great job! You can keep it up :cheer2:

LiveLaughLove... :welcome3: back! :)

Goingfor120... I'm the same exact way! When I stop logging on 3FC it always effects my weight. lol.

sheramama
07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I just wanted to :carrot::carrot: because I am officially off the horrible world known as the plateau!!!! Okay, it's the little things in life. I am hoping this month I will continue to lose just as quickly:)

I did eat perfectly yesterday as well as today. Right now, I'm chowing on steamed broccoli with a splash of low sodium soy sauce. YUM.

I only exercised for about 20 min, but today I plan on trying the wii biggest loser my guy bought me. (after a round of, "seriously, you really want that? Don't you want to blow S*&! up?) He shouldn't be surprised....Wii Just Dance 2 i my fav in the world.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weather :) It's off to the park with the kids.

jillnicole03
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Sheramama... Yay, :kickbutt: you kicked that plateau! Work it girl ;)

How is everyone? Friday's coming so quick since Monday was a holiday. Tomorrow is already weigh in!

mayness
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I am NOT looking forward to weighing in, I am still retaining a lot of water from the weekend, and from the sodium in the little bit of Chinese food I ate last night. :p Oh well, I'll have a nice new week to start working on some serious weight loss. :)

Mayness... Great! :hug: Are you on a certain eating plan? :)

I wasn't, but today I finally read Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Fat Loss" (I acquired it a long time ago but I'm lazy) and I'm going to try the plan he describes starting Saturday. Isn't that a horrible name? It sounds like the ultimate gimmicky fad diet, lol. It's basically a PSMF (protein-sparing modified fast), with "free meals" and "refeed days" and "diet breaks" (and particular supplements). Eating that low-fat is gonna be a challenge but it seems to get people good results.

littlebumblebee
07-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Live Laugh Love: Weight Watchers is good program.

Goingfor120: I want to see inches disappear off of my waistline.

Jillnicole: How did your week go?

Sheramama: Congrats for getting off the plateau!

mayness: I over did it with the salt. I was craving salty foods and I over did it with chips and salty peanuts.

I did not stay on track this week. But, I hope I can stay on track and lose weight. I am hoping that I do better next week.

darius
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
July 1 initial: 273
July 8: 273 (0)

Well I have no excuse; it has been a strange week. Up and down all week even though I exercised every day. Too much sodium.

jillnicole03
07-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Mayness... Ughh me too, I made a veggie stir fry today and the teriyaki sauce came out super fast so I had to much salt today.. grr... hopefully it's ok anyways :) The McDougall diet that is a natural/clean foods diet concentrating on low fat too.

BumbleBee... My week has been ok, fast because of the holiday, still eating on plan but been feeling lazy this week, not wanting to cook- gotta push through it :)

Darius... I had to much salt this week too, good job with sticking to exercise!

sheramama
07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Mayness: it's okay...I am too. Let us know how that diet goes!

LittleBumbleBee: you WILL do better next week. We all have those weeks!

Darius: That just means next week you will lose twice as much.

JillNichole: I know you are going to pull some good numbers tomorrow!

As for me, I ate well, didn't exercise. I was hot and miserable all day. I bought food to bring (or hide in my bag) for Hershey this weekend so I dont eat all crap. I will weigh myself tomorrow, but if I don't have a chance to jump on the computer before work-we're heading out as soon as i get out-then I will mon :) Though TOM decided to pay me a visit today, WTH couldn't wait til AFTER my mini vacation? augh.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

darius
07-08-2011, 05:41 AM
Thank you Sheramama and JillNicole for the kind words.
I have had an NSV lately: I recently went from size 5XL to 3XL workout clothes (like tshirts, jogging pants etc) - the visual effect is significant.
I've lost 40 lbs and that is a big change in volume you know!

Live Laugh Love
07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey everyone. Weigh in was today, I'm down 1 lb. I'm actually shocked. I ate horribly this week, went over my weekly allowance points by 10, and didn't exercise. I WILL do better this week, especially since I now know that my problem day is Saturday night with family and friends. We have dart night once a week and the only healthy food that is usually there is a fruit tray. I do snack on that but that doesn't fill me up and I end up eating the nachos & cheese and what ever other bad stuff is there. So now I'm going to start bringing my own food (which I know the others don't mind) that way I can still eat with everyone else. Hope everyone is having a great week.

jillnicole03
07-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Sheramama... hope your trip is fun :D

Darius... congrats on the size change! that is a huge difference, awesome job!!

LiveLaughLove... yayyyy thats awesome!

Friday weigh in: down 2 lbs. 209 last Friday, 207 today.

mayness
07-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Oops, forgot the weigh in.

143 (down a pound since Tuesday when I first weighed for the month)

Today is the start of my new diet plan. I'm terrified that I'm gonna accidentally mindlessly take a bite of something off-plan, haha. So far so good!

jillnicole03
07-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Mayness... Great job on the weight loss, what plan are you about to start? :D

jillnicole03
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Hope everyones weekend was fantastic :)

I have an interview Tuesday, hopefully I get it.. then I can put more variety into the foods I'm eating and stop being on such a tight budget! lol I haaaate interviews though, I get all freaked out. Practice, practice, practice. :)

darius
07-10-2011, 06:33 PM
JillNicole good luck on your interview; I hope you get it!

jillnicole03
07-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks Darius :)

mayness
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Mayness... Great job on the weight loss, what plan are you about to start? :D

I'm doing Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Fat Loss." So far in two days I lost 3.4 lbs, which of course must be mostly water. But I'm excited anyway because I finally saw a number under 140 this morning. :D

sheramama
07-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Livelaughlove: You're still going down!

Darius: Can I get a WHAT WHAT for u? Whooo hoo on the size change!

JillNicole: Good job on the weight loss and good luck tomorrow! I have an interview tomorrow too(kinda ironic--I got the call on my way to Hershey!) for a position I don't think I actually qualify for...

Mayness: Great job!

As for me, I weighed in Fri before I left for work. I am 2lbs down.
Start: 247
Week1: 245

I am good with it. I had lots of fun. It was so hot and I don't know who was worse at the end of the day, me or the kids! I didn't eat that great, but I didn't really eat much anyway, plus with all the walking...I am hoping it's good!

jillnicole03
07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Mayness... what does the plan entail? sounds awesome!!

sheramama... great job girl!!

As for me I just added new foods into my plan ( still whole foods, and 1200 cal a day) see how it goes for a couple weeks :)

mayness
07-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Mayness... what does the plan entail? sounds awesome!!

It's a protein-sparing modified fast (PSMF) so it's very low calorie and mostly protein. It's not necessarily the healthiest but it's effective and there are enough breaks that I don't think it's harmful. I eat very lean proteins (b/s chicken breast, lean fish, ff yogurt, ff cheese) up to a specific number of protein grams per day, based on weight and activity level and stuff - for me it's 110g. I also eat as many non-starchy veggies as I want, plus some specific supplements like fish oil. Then there are "free meals" and carb refeeds (frequency varies, I get one of each per week), and every few weeks I'll take an entire week off of the diet where I'll eat at maintenance levels.

There's a book (called "Rapid Fat Loss"), and you can get it as an e-book, which I cannot ethically encourage you to download illegally but that's certainly something a person could do. ;):devil:

jillnicole03
07-11-2011, 11:54 PM
lol gotcha... have you heard of the ideal protein thingy that people are on? I first saw it in here since lots of people have pics in the mini goals, seems great for weight loss but very expensive.

sheramama
07-12-2011, 12:35 AM
I just wanted to :cheer2: bc I swore that the day after my mini vacation I would get back on track and start 30 day shred. I did. It was hard at times--I stopped 4x for like 2 seconds to sip water, but wasnt as bad as I thought. Maybe that month plus upped my endurance. The other levels will prob kill me though. Now, I have to shower bc I smell. LOL.

G'nite all. Or Darius, good afternoon?

darius
07-12-2011, 07:21 PM
JillNicole and Sheramama, well how did the interviews go today?

sheramama
07-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Darius: Thanks for asking! The job was a no-go. I work with autistic children and this was for a substance abuse counselor. The pay is lower than what I get now ( I didnt even think that was possible) and is at a methodone clinic with a huge case load for both individual and group therapy. Not worth the stress or lack of pay. I would be totally out of my element. I think I'll pass.

JillNicole: I hope yours went well

** I ate pizza today and didn't exercise. Or rather started and the friggin dvd player went out again. So much for technology. I can't fix up and my guy will kill me if I wake him up to. GRRRR. Tomorrow, I owe exercise x3 :o

jillnicole03
07-13-2011, 01:10 AM
My interview was good & bad. Good- I did well on the interview. Bad- at the beginning of the group interview they apologized because the position we applied for has already been filled!! LOL WOW! I'm tired of my string of bad luck on the job front. They said they will keep our interviews in mind for their next hiring class. Grrr....

Thank you Darius for the well wishes :)

& Sheramama sorry it ended up being a dud, sounds like you have a cool job though in general :)

sheramama
07-13-2011, 07:54 PM
JillNicole: My job has its ups and downs on a daily basis. What kind of position did you apply for? At least you have more practice for when another one comes along.

As for me, I am going to exercise with the kids...I'm still so sore from 2 nights ago!!!

jillnicole03
07-13-2011, 08:17 PM
I applied for a customer service call center position. I just get so nervous that it ruins it for me, I hate knowing someones going to judge me lol.

Hope everyones doing well this week, I decided to add pictures to my food journal, kinda fun :)

darius
07-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I decided to add pictures to my food journal, kinda fun :)

Great edamame pic! One of my favorites :)

jillnicole03
07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Thank you! Edamame is so delicious. I have to watch my soy intake though because of my thyroid :(

Tomorrow is yet another FRIDAY. Seems to come quickly. So just a reminder to weigh in tomorrow :crossed:

darius
07-14-2011, 06:40 PM
I gained 2 pounds last weekend but was able to lose them this week.

Start Jul-01: 273
Jul-08- 273
Jul-15- 272
Jul-22-
Jul-29-
Goal: 263

Live Laugh Love
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone. Weigh in was this morning and I'm down 0.2 lbs. So I'm down to 197.8. It's not much, but I was expecting a gain this week. I've been so stressed out with school and didn't eat so well the past few days. The good thing is only 1 more week of classes and I'll be done for the summer and don't go back until Aug. 20. So only one more stressful week to go! I'll be able to check back in more often once school is over with. Right now I have so many papers to write there isn't enough time in the day :(

jillnicole03
07-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Today is our 3rd weigh in, out of the 5 for this month :) Almost there.
I would like to keep doing new monthly challenges every month as well , helps keep me accountable as well as have great friends to talk with :hug:
Any suggestions that will help any of you with weight loss are always welcome! I'm up to try and do anything to help with our weight loss :goodvibes:

July 1: 209 lbs
July 8: 207 lbs
July 15: 205 lbs (2 lb loss this week)

**Great job Darius!!

**LiveLaughLove... Well I'm glad you lost a little and didn't have a gain! :) Sorry you're so stressed out lately, me too! :hug:

sheramama
07-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I am down 2 lbs :)

darius
07-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Wow congratulations Sheramama and JillNicole on 2 pounds loss; I hope I can do as well next week.
Kasey good luck getting through next week at school!

Live Laugh Love
07-16-2011, 04:22 PM
JillNicole and Sheramama- Awesome losses!
And I definitely like the idea of a new challenge every month.
Darius - Thanks! School is killing me right now.

Well, I felt a lot better this morning when I got on the scale and saw that I am down another lb this morning. Just wish it would have been yesterday so it could be official lol. I finally started exercising again and did 20 minutes of Tae Bo this morning. I was too tired to get through the whole 40 min video so I only did half today. I've been severely procrastinating today and haven't done any school work yet, so I guess it's time I get going and get some work done. I realized this morning that one of my papers is actually due 2 days earlier than I originally thought so I really need to get to work! Hope everyone is having a great day.

jillnicole03
07-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Darius... :yay:

LiveLaughLove... glad you feel a little better, sorry about the stress :hug: sometimes writing it all down helps a little, which is why you can always rely on us for a listening ear :listen: Glad you're down a pound, yay... its funny I always notice my loss on Wednesdays so by Friday I'm always like boo still the same as Wednesday lol

sheramama
07-17-2011, 11:24 PM
LiveLaughLove: That's another pound down for the next weigh in :)

I'm afraid to even get on the scale. Yesterday was an old friend's wedding. I didn't eat all that bad, but I drank it up. Okay, with 2 kids (who were at Nana's all night) I NEVER get to go out. As in, I drink like 2x a year. Yeah, so I was in a happy place :) that won't be so happy for the scale :( Curse you Captain Morgan!

Today was so-so. No hang over, but I didn't bother trying to diet. I ate more carbs, but everything else sort of in check. Now, I must ignore my guy and work out....

Good luck to everyone. We are gonna have a rockin' week!

jillnicole03
07-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Sheramama... It's good to have fun & splurge a little every once in awhile, and you have been doing great with your exercise so you deserve it :) I like to go out once a month but it does mess with dieting, I usually have 2 shots with a diet drink to chase to keep the calories to minimum... the problem is later that night I'm always hungry and then the next day I never want to eat healthy foods, I get the same carb cravings :kickcan: So I've only drank once or twice so far this year.

darius
07-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Well my NSF (non scale failure) for the week: My arms were getting redder and redder and started hurting and I asked my wife, what is happening?! And she said, "you've got sunburn". I have been doing my C25K every day and the sun has been brutal every day.
I don't want to go at night because I run in a very rural scenic area, a 4.9K course that is on a levee next to a river. It isn't lighted at night.
I put on SPF50 every morning before running but I sweat so much it washes off. (It must be washing off because my exposed arms and face are getting darker etc).
So I just bought some long sleeve Tshirts and this morning was my first jog with the T shirts. I am going to start jogging with a hat to protect my face more.

canary93
07-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Just joined. My goals for the remainder of July:
* Avoid all junk foods.
* Excercise at least 20 min per day, at least 5 days a week.

jillnicole03
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Darius... definitely protect yourself, and maybe look into buying the waterproof sunblock if you think you need that as well :) Sorry about the burn!

Canary93... :wel3fc: Most of us are also trying to avoid junk food! :) Since we obviously don't need it, but want it lol ;) Glad to have you with us... you may want to save the link to this chat so you don't forget how to get here.

What does everyone think of starting a Halloween challenge as of August 1st? & then a Christmas challenge? Or do you think it is better doing seperate month by month, or any other ideas? I hope everyones weekend was fabulous and got you all ready for the week.. lol well rested at least

darius
07-18-2011, 06:24 PM
maybe look into buying the waterproof sunblock if you think you need that as well

Yes it's weird JillNicole, I do have waterproof sunblock and it doesn't seem to adhere so well when I am sweating like a farm animal. The long sleeve T shirt is working well but today we're in the middle of a typhoon here so I won't get to jog today.

sheramama
07-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Darius: Sunburn is the worst! Get some aloe cream or gel, or even a plant to keep handy. It's awesome that you've been working so hard...give yourself some credit!!!!

JillNicole: I honestly love the monthly challenges...I think it keeps me on my toes more, but I'm in for the longer hauls too. I just joined a 6 month challenge and already I am starting to feel like, so no big deal on my 1 lbs gain from the weekend, i have MONTHS. If you keep these up, I'm game :)
(I also hear you on the carb thing after drinking. I NEEDED it the next day lol)

canary: Welcome!

I walked into work for my weekly supervision meeting and the case manager whom I am super-cool with, pulled me aside and told me she can really tell I am starting to lose weight. :) That made me feel better, considering I saw a 244 on the scale instead of 243 this morning.

Last night I did Biggest Loser for Wii and plan on doing it again today until the dvd is fixed (need a new piece for the feed wire whatever that means) and then it's back to starting 30 Day Shred all over again.

darius
07-18-2011, 07:56 PM
so no big deal on my 1 lbs gain from the weekend, i have MONTHS.

Sheramama I'm the same way. If I look at my progress over a week it is usually uinimpressive because I am usually gaining 1 pound over the weekend and losing it the next week. But last month I lost 5 pounds overall and it didn't meet my goal but I'll take it anyway.

jillnicole03
07-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Darius... Oh that's a bummer, well I hope the clothes help :) I sweat a little to much because of my thyroid I'm so sensitive to hot and cold, I would prob sweat through my waterproof sunblock as well!

Sheramama... Oh good, me too... i love having you guys as my support system :) Yay for the compliment, those always feel good!

By the way I did get the job I interviewed for, just have to wait for them to schedule a training class, hopefully sooner than later. :)

darius
07-19-2011, 12:14 AM
By the way I did get the job I interviewed for, just have to wait for them to schedule a training class, hopefully sooner than later. :)

Congratulations! I hope you get your training class soon.

sheramama
07-19-2011, 12:30 AM
JillNicole: CONGRATS!!!!! That's awesome!

I love this group too...muah!!!

jillnicole03
07-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys :) about to watch Hall Pass, I'll let you know what I think after, have any of you seen it? Looks funny.

darius
07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
My 2nd Non Scale Failure for the week:
Yesterday I ran my pedometer through the washing machine. The 2nd pedometer in 6 months ;P
The first pedometer was destroyed but yesterday, the unit was just full of water and the LCD screen didn't appear to be damaged.
I took it apart and put the whole thing in a small container of dry rice.
I've just put the whole thing back together and it works fine. I was lucky this time. I don't want to keep buying these stupid things.
I have to log my daily steps from Jan 17 until August 8th, when my city-sponsored metabolic program ends.

sheramama
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
JillNicole: I never even heard of Hall Pass. I'm not a huge tv watcher, mostly bc I get stuck with what the kids and guy want to see.

Darius: Maybe get into the habit of taking the pedometer off and putting it somewhere near the door when you get in? It helps me remember what I did with my keys (I notoriously lose them).

I worked out last night for only a half hour or so. It as so hot I couldn't even take it. I really wish our AC didn't die last summer. Today, I will try to do something at least so I don't feel so disgusting lol. We'll see.

Good luck and beat the heat everyone!

darius
07-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Maybe get into the habit of taking the pedometer off and putting it somewhere near the door when you get in?

Yes that's a good suggestion. I have to wear it all day to track the steps that I take. On August 8th I don't have to measure the steps anymore and I am going to stop using it on a daily "all day" basis.

jillnicole03
07-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Darius... so glad you saved your pedometer :D I read on Yahoo about putting electronics in rice to save em, glad it works!!

Sheramama... I don't watch tv either *except* if I watch tv series on Netflix Instant :) but my boyfriend wanted to see it so he brought it to my attention lol... it was funny, the wives give their husbands a Hall Pass, as in 1 week they're "single" to do as they please. It was better than I expected. .... P.s. I would die without an air conditioner!! Poor thing! I'm so careful about movie with everything except the air conditioner, it's like the only thing I feel is worth the money lol. I'm so sensitive to heat and cold, I sweat super easily and when I get cold my hands and feet are literally freezing cold like ice. Hate it!

I had a verrrry yummy dinner tonight!! I bought a McCormick Bag N' Season for $1, and put in chicken, diced red potatoes, carrots, onion & fresh garlic. I used the one that was suppose to be for Pot Roast but used chicken instead, and added some roasted garlic seasoning too. After it cooked for an hour, it was absoloutely delicious & still healthy! The chicken was so juicy, tender and perfectly cooked, and the carrots & potatoes don't need anything else to make them yummy, they're sooo good after that type of cooking.
The only bad thing was even though I was full after my serving I still wanted more JUST because it was so yummy lol but I'm making myself wait till at least lunch tomorrow to have the left overs :)

darius
07-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I read on Yahoo about putting electronics in rice to save em, glad it works!!

I had never before heard of the rice method of drying out electronics until I read it last month on this forum somewhere. It seemed like such a good idea that I immediately tried it yesterday when I got my pedometer wet.

jillnicole03
07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh cool! I bet they read it on the Yahoo news thingy because thats about the same time it was there, such an awesome thing to know :D The run you do sounds beautiful, to bad it isnt lit up at night, night is so much cooooler. Does your wife run with you?

sheramama
07-20-2011, 10:18 PM
I def didn't exercise yesterday, so today I have to make up for it. I did indulge with 2 pieces of high fiber/low cal bread with a little bit of Nutella. I figure it's still better than the icecream my kids had. And I lost the 1 lb I gained over the weekend. Take that C'ptn Morgan!

JillNicole: I like your idea for dinner. I don't eat meat, but my family does so will try that the next time I go grocery shopping. Thanks!

jillnicole03
07-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Been packing and cleaning like crazy the last few days, my legs were so sore yesterday because the day before I was cleaning all the cabinets in the kitchen and kept basically doing squats all day lol so hopefully it helps move some weight! Tom is almost here though so also dealing with that.. blahh.

Sheramama.... Yeah, I don't eat much meat, but the potatoes, carrots and onions taste really yummy in all the seasonings and the bag keeps all the flavor in. You could always make 2 bags, one just for you with all the veggies, and one for them with the meat :) 2 would have fit in my regular size oven.

sheramama
07-21-2011, 01:24 AM
JillNicole: You're a genius! Now, why didn't I think of that?

darius
07-21-2011, 09:36 AM
The run you do sounds beautiful, to bad it isnt lit up at night, night is so much cooooler. Does your wife run with you?

Yes it's very scenic. My wife doesn't exercise and she never goes with me.

jillnicole03
07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Sheramama... yeah its so yummy, and the best part is you dont have to add anything fatty or full of calories to the veggies or potatoes :)

Darius... that's to bad, do you mind that she doesn't go with you?

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2011, 02:54 PM
JillNicole, Congrats on the job!
Ok, so I am a bit late on the take but:
Goal finishing out July is minimum 45 mins of cardio a day, 6 days/wk. So far I am on target (and Saturdays a bit extra). I take Sundays off though.

I am new, so not sure how much you would want my opinion on the poll, but I prefer the monthly goals as opposed to longer. I have a long term, but no timeline on it...and my mini's that I try to reach with no timeline (since I can't predict my body's reaction)... but the monthly's fit in perfectly in between! :)

jillnicole03
07-21-2011, 04:39 PM
ItsMyTurn... 6 days a week! You go girl. :)

Tomorrow is Friday (weigh in day)

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Ugh, I did my weigh in this morning! I usually schedule myself for Wednesdays, but was feeling real good today, so thought I would do it up, lol. Yesterday when I did it (cause it's once a week for me), I had lost 0.8Lb for the week, but today I got on and saw down 1.6!!!

Still very new, so not sure I am posting in the right spot, but 213.6Lb today (will change my profile to reflect when I get home from work)...and I vote for Monthly :)

darius
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Darius... that's to bad, do you mind that she doesn't go with you?

No I don't mind; she's very busy. She's a vice principal at a junior high school and I telecommute from home so our schedules are completely different. I always go at 8 AM each day.

darius
07-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Jul-08- 273
Jul-15- 272
Jul-22- 275 +3, I'm having problems
Jul-29-

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 12:24 PM
darius - Anything we can help with? I know I am a newbie here and all, but willing to lend a hand if able to. :) You lost other than this week, so just looks like a minor setback... I look at your progress on your ticker and I can't help but be sooo happy for you and your accomplishments so far!!!! You have done an excellent job!

jillnicole03
07-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Today is weigh in :) Dont forget to vote too!

ItsMyTurn.. awesome job! 1.6 is grrreat! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Darius... do you write down what you eat? That always helps me be accountable for all I put in my mouth :) even with a gain no worries, you will do better next week.

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
JillNicole - Thank you so much for the cheerleading :) I can use it! I was pleased since that was on top of the 0.8Lb too (no idea what that is total for the week, math is not my strong suit. What I do know is that I got back on today, just to be sure, and I am holding steady, so no more scales until next week now... I won't let myself now that I know that wasn't a fluke :D

And it is a good idea to track what you eat. We have a program at work where we log our food and exercise daily (at the 6 month marks we actually get money on our HSA card if we earned enough "good points") and it has totally kept me accountable

jillnicole03
07-22-2011, 03:16 PM
My Weigh in:
July 1: 209 lbs (2lb loss)
July 8: 207 lbs (2 lb loss)
July 15: 205 lbs (2 lb loss)
July 22: 204 lbs (1 lb loss this week)
July 29: TBD

Hoping for a better loss next week when TOM is gone hopefully :) We still have 1 more weigh in this month to finish off July :sunny: Also decided since monthly weigh ins are working fine for us we will just continue that for awhile at least :)

ItsMyTurn... 1.6 and .8 = 2.4 lbs lost. That's awesome your work has a program like that, I love when works have those type of incentives.

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank you JillNicole! Can definitely tell I don't work in the finance department at my company, LOL! Great job with your pound gone! That is one less pound you have between you and your goal!!

darius
07-22-2011, 07:28 PM
darius - Anything we can help with? I know I am a newbie here and all, but willing to lend a hand if able to. :)

Thank you ItsMyTurn; it's like you said, a minor setback. It's all water weight and it will be gone this week. My scale fluctuates up and down 2-3 pounds almost daily (I weigh in kilograms and convert for this forum) . Yesterday was just a high day for me. My exercise was off this week due to Typhoon No. 6 that just passed through; 3 days of rain.

JillNicole - don't write it down every day. I need to start counting calories like so many others do.

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 10:07 PM
darius - I live in the desert and just cannot fathom 3 days of rain anymore. Our monsoon storms drop a lot, but in a super short period of time. Must make it hard to get out to be active

sheramama
07-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Start: 247
1: 245 (-2)
2: 243 (-2)
3: 242 (-1)

I wish it were more, but I am still exercising more and NOT BINGING!
Good job everyone.

Darius: Your weight would be jumping, you could have too much sodium built up, or gaining muscle. Don't stress it!

jillnicole03
07-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Sheramama... You're doing great girlie! Hows the exercise going? :)

darius
07-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Darius: Your weight would be jumping, you could have too much sodium built up, or gaining muscle. Don't stress it!

Hi Sheramama - yep I think it's sodium too. I am going to lay off the sodium for a while and keep exercising and see how the water weight goes.

darius
07-23-2011, 12:26 AM
darius - I live in the desert and just cannot fathom 3 days of rain anymore. Our monsoon storms drop a lot, but in a super short period of time. Must make it hard to get out to be active

I love Maine; I spent a month there some years ago. I like AZ too; what two very different places to live! You couldn't have picked two places more different.

ItsMyTurn
07-23-2011, 10:13 AM
darius - You aren't kidding! I love how pretty Maine is (I lived just 20 min drive from Baxter State Park) and how tight the people were, but hated that there were no jobs and I also wasn't a fan of chipping ice off the roof. So... AZ now, lol. The hardest part has been being away from family and friends I have had since kindergarten, but has been worth it all other ways :) Where did you stay in Maine? Did you go to the coast?

darius
07-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Where did you stay in Maine? Did you go to the coast?

I went up to the shipyard in Kittery Maine for 1 month to help out on a ship overhaul. On weekends I would drive up the coastal highway up to Kennebunkport, etc. That is the only part of ME that I have been to but I really enjoyed being there. I was there in September/October.

jillnicole03
07-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! My moms here till Tuesday so I'm loving it :)

sheramama
07-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Not a good weekend...my daughter spiked a heat-related fever Sat after the movies and it won't go away :( We will be taking a trip to the drs in the AM.

darius
07-24-2011, 10:52 PM
my daughter spiked a heat-related fever Sat after the movies and it won't go away

I hope the doctor can diagnose the problem; I hope she gets better soon.

sheramama
07-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Darius: me too. Poor thing. I hate to see them sick, especially when I can't make them better right away!

sheramama
07-25-2011, 06:28 PM
My daughter has strep. Poor thing.

ItsMyTurn
07-25-2011, 07:24 PM
JillNicole,
I sure hope you are enjoying your mom's visit!
Sheramama,
I sure hope your little one is better real soon! Nothing worse feeling for a parent then knowing there is very little you can do for immediate relief for your child. Glad the doctor knew what it was though
Weekend was great here. Saturday was able to hijack my oldest daughter for a bike ride (imperative she keeps that up before her knee surgery on Aug 4), and used my elliptical a ton, even had time to hit the pool! Truly a good time :)

jillnicole03
07-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Sheramama... Sending you our <3
Lots of icecream and ice pops always helped for me, I hope it goes by quickly for her. :hug:

ItsMyTurn... I looove having my mom down, she lives 3 hours away so I dont get to see her as much as i'd like, which would be like evryday lol

sheramama
07-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks, guys. She is feeling a little better today. I have to go back to work, but my mom will be watching the kids for me. At least she is eating a little today. My son's throat is starting to hurt, so I have to make sure he doesn't fever spike or we'll be back to the drs. So far as good, I'm crossing my fingers that his is still just allergies.

I started to exercise last night and honestly, only got in less than 10 minutes before I realized I was way too tired. I jumped in the shower and slept almost a full night (getting up 3x with the kids). I guess nearly a week of barely sleeping finally caught up with me.

ItsMyTurn
07-26-2011, 01:35 PM
JillNicole,
I LOVE being around my parents as well. Before the move to AZ, I had a house that was a 1 min walk in bad weather to their house, lol. We spent almost every day together and that has been the hardest part of moving here by far! They come here and stay annually though, and this year marks the year they are coming twice/yr now!!! YAY!!!! I so miss my family and get homesick at times, but know I am in a much better place for my children.
sheramama,
Sounds like you sure do have your hands full right now and hoping your son avoids the whole illness. I am glad you got some sleep though, wearing yourself down doesn't help anyone, as you well know.

I fell off my goal a bit yesterday too. Once I got out of work, had to meet with my son's case manager, and then a few errands to run, before I could even go home. 13 hrs away from the house later, I was beat. I did manage to pull out 30 mins on the elliptical instead of my 45 though. Those extra 15 mins were just not going to happen. But... today is a new day :) To my knowledge, the only thing I have to do after work today is give my son his testosterone injection... so that means back to my normal 11 1/2 hr day away...makes it a ton easier to fit in a workout :) Yay! Hope you all have an awesome day!

sheramama
07-27-2011, 12:38 AM
One: I worked out (low-med intensity) for half an hr. I wanted more but I will take it. I need a find a better time than 11pm to start! I am a sweaty mess so it's good.

Two: My guy told me I looked skinny today. Now he has been with me for 12 yrs and since I was about 140. That meant a lot. He rarely compliments.

JillNicole and ItsMyTurn: I don't know what I would do without my mom. I see her 2-3x a week (she babysits for me), but she's like one of my closest friends. Being hours away, or half way across the country would kill me. My MIL however, well that would be a blessing :)

My daughter is feeling better. She'll be going back to camp tomorrow. My son hasn't spike a temp yet, so I am still crossing my fingers.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

jillnicole03
07-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Sheramama... aww yayyy!! compliments are so good for the soul especially when rare! :hug: & that's great news for your daughter, thank goodness poor little thing! LOL @ MIL

ItsMyTurn... yay 2x a year now :) def makes a difference!

Sooooo I was having major sugar tooth today, went and bought a Smart Ones Brownie dessert package in the frozen aisle, 2 comes in the package, 140 calories each, small but yummy & did the trick! :)

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
sheramama - I am the same way with both my parents, they were my best friends as well as the ones who birthed me.. rare, but so true! It's been so hard being away, but when you know you are providing what is best for the kiddos, it helps a great deal. My folks never babysat my kids: 1) cause of medical issues that scared my parents, and 2) "cause we already raised our kids" lol... but they spent a lot of time with them since they pretty much go everywhere with me, :) My parents also were right at my side during some horrible court battles concerning the safety of one of my children and have been a positive influence in a lot of ways for them... I had MANY break-downs the first couple years being away from them (not to mention my grandmother on my father's side is still in my old town, and 7 aunts & uncles, and cousins too, lol... tiny town). Doing good now though, all established! And now that we bought a big house so mom and dad have their own "suite" in it, they are coming twice/yr and that helps a TON! I have such withdrawals! LOL! In my late 30's and still rely on them for friendship and that closeness. I am so glad your angel is feeling better!!!! What a relief..for her and you! Also glad to hear it sounds like your boy will be able to avoid the mess, thank goodness!

JillNicole - I hate when the sugar monster comes to visit me, LOL! I keep popsicles in the freezer for those times (35 cal/ea) cause I am no where near a good point to allow myself any leeway yet with my food choices. Sounds like you were successful in getting your monster to subside, yay!!! VERY rarely do I crave salt, have never been big on it... but sweet "somethings" have always been my weakness! It soooo doesn't help that I bake on the side for addition income... cooking the orders, having my house smell sooooo good - a true test to willpower and my desire to succeed, lol

jillnicole03
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
ItsMyTurn.. Oh I love salt, and I have it everyday. I use Sea Salt & try to use carefully but I do not deny myself salt. Not yet at least :)

It's already Wednesday! I have today & tomorrow to finish packing & cleaning, then Friday move, move, move & all I want to do is... nothing lol. It will be all great when it's done ;)

sheramama
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
ItsMyTurn: I'm glad I'm not the only ones who depend on their parents like that still, though I think my mom does the same with me.

JillNicole: Good luck with the packing. I HATE packing, but prob not as much as unpacking. Think of the calories being burned during moving day :)

Kids are great today. Whew. They even came to work with me for a bit.

I worked out yesterday and have been tracking my calories through fitday. I havent seen the scale move in about a week and its getting frutrating. Back to exercising tonight though. Maybe that will inch it a long, even for a few ounces :)

jillnicole03
07-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Pre moving isn't fun lol plus I dont feel that great but slowly getting it done :) Glad the kids are back up and running around :) It will be dance time soon I bet :D

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2011, 09:47 PM
JillNicole - It will be so worth it when it is all over. Notice the correlation though? Even on the days you don't feel like sticking to plan (diet or moving), you still need to do what is necessary :) You will be so happy when it's done!!!

sheramama - I KNOW my parents are the same with me as I am with them... my mom even moreso since she has lost both her parents and her brother is out of state to her too. I am as much her confidante and she is to me, etc. Glad to hear the kiddos are all doing wonderfully!!!! And I too,must get my butt in gear and get my workout in tonight.

We have received a lot of info on my daughter's upcoming surgery, yet still so many questions that need answers. Then today we hear that my son's services are going to have be getting transferred to adult care this year (even though by age he will be an adult, but he is still a junior in high school this year)... so even more things hitting our plate. Thank goodness DH is a stay-at-home parent so he can do a lot of the phone stuff... but he isn't the "legal" parent of my son, so I still have things pulling at my attention. Craziness. DH and the oldest girl are setting the table for our family supper... guess that's my cue to jump off of here for now :) Have a great night girls!!!!

jillnicole03
07-28-2011, 11:17 AM
ItsMyTurn.. Always worth it when its over ;) lol Hope you had a good family dinner last night :)

ItsMyTurn
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
JillNicole - family meal was wonderful as always! We make it a priority to do a round table family meal AT LEAST 3x/wk. I am so busy with work, that is the guaranteed time they all get with me. Fortunately DH is wonderful when he prepares the meals now, knowing all my restrictions (the initial stage still of the weight loss... I refuse to give in, lol)... so he will still do the "other stuff" for him and the kiddos, but is sure to include veggies (even on nights he normally wouldn't) so I have stuff I can partake of too :) Last night was chicken, corn, and potatoes (I don't do potatoes... not cause of the potato, but cause of all the stuff I want to add to them, lol). He is so awesome though, cause even on the nights he didn't have time to make something bigger, he will make me a separate salad or something if the rest of them are doing like pizza... so I can still sit and eat with them! We don't miss out on any of the conversation or anything just cause of my restrictions and that makes it sooo great!
How much progress have you made on the packing and cleaning? You must be pumped that tomorrow is move day!!!!!

darius
07-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Jul-08- 273
Jul-15- 272
Jul-22- 275 +3
Jul-29- 272 - 1

jillnicole03
07-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Weigh in tomorrow, hope everyones weekend is great!! :hug:

ItsMyTurn... that sounds awesome :D at my house it's just my boyfriend & I, and we don't have a table so we eat at the coffee table. Usually eat dinner together though. I love family dinners. Got all packing done except one more box in the kitchen is needed. We still have a little cleaning but I decided to finish it up tomorrow :)

Darius... You've been a little quiet this week, you been a busy bee? How's the exercise been? You should take a picture sometime of the view on your run.. would be awesome to see! :D

My Weigh in:
July 1: 209 lbs
July 8: 207 lbs (2 lb loss)
July 15: 205 lbs (2 lb loss)
July 22: 204 lbs (1 lb loss this week)
July 29: 203 lbs (1 lb loss this week)

6 lb loss for me this month, my goal is 10 lbs next month :crossed:

jillnicole03
07-29-2011, 02:48 AM
I made us a JULY weight chart which will be updated with your final weights :wizard:
(but here is our draft so far since I may be busy the next couple days with the move)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/jillnicole03/3FC/3JulyChallenge.png

Sheramama! Awesome 5 lb loss so far & Great job on sticking to your exercise as much as you did through all lifes curve balls. :exercise:

Darius ... you're amazing at getting any gained weight off before it even has time to settle in! And even through a hard month still brought in a loss, great job!! :goodvibes:

Mayness... I think she may have left us for another chat, or just busy :) (no problem either way girly) but looks like she is still losing from her ticker! 7 lb loss it looks like, great jobs :D

LiveLaughLove... hopefully school gives you some easy work soon so we get to see you again soon ;) We hope your doing great! :hug: :book2:

ItsMyTurn... Love how you jumped right in to 3FC & found our chat room! You're doing great so far, and we love having your support! :grouphug:

:dust: FOR ALL! We did it, one more month (almost) complete!! :carrot:
& So far we have NO gains, from our beginning to final weigh-ins across the board! :celebrate:

darius
07-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Two pictures of areas where I run, You can see the small river and the paved tracks next to the river. One picture was taken in April of this year and you can see the cherry trees blooming. In another picture you can see 4 herons in the water.

jillnicole03
07-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Darius... You're awesome, thank you! So these are in Japan? Have you always lived there? Beautiful pics! Love the trees.

ItsMyTurn
07-29-2011, 07:16 PM
darius - those are wonderful pictures and what wonderful views to behold while exercising! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing

ItsMyTurn
07-29-2011, 07:21 PM
JillNicole - We have 3 kids (2 teens and a preteen) added to the mix, so a big dining table that can accommodate 8 for when my folks are here :)
What a great chart! I forgot to tell you the good news this week apparently though, am now down to 210.4 :) Now that the face is narrowing a bit and not a round ball, I even felt confident enough to get in front of a camera.. so now have an actual pic as an avatar :D What a good feeling! I like progress! LOL Hope your moving today goes real smoothly!!!!! *hugs*

sheramama
07-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Weigh in: BIG, Fat 0 :mad::mad:

Aug 1st I will measure and hope something came off. TOM is coming ofcourse, earlier than usual. I swear I get it just to mess with my plans.

Darius: I love the pics :)

Itsmyturn: Do you mind me asking about the surgery with your daughter? I hope all goes well.

JillNicole: You are doing an August challenge right? B/c I REALLY need it and you know I'm in :)

Good luck to everyone with the weight loss!

darius
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Darius... You're awesome, thank you! So these are in Japan? Have you always lived there? Beautiful pics! Love the trees.

Yes these pictures are of Japan. I'm a US citizen and I've lived here since Nov 2003. I was stationed in Okinawa and mainland Japan some years ago when I was in the marine corps and I always liked it. It's a very interesting place to live.

darius
07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Now that the face is narrowing a bit and not a round ball, I even felt confident enough to get in front of a camera.. so now have an actual pic as an avatar

That's a terrific avatar and I like the photo in your profile; you're very photogenic.

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Darius - you are such a sweetheart... usually I run from the camera though, not gonna lie, lol. Let me also say - thank you for being one of our many brave service people! Being a marine is a proud thing and I am grateful to you for the service! And wow... Okinowa I have heard some amazing things on culture there... lots of history. :)

sheramama - of course I don't mind, I'm an open book. She is going for surgery on her right knee. She has severe polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (genetic) that effects all but 2 joints in her body. Well it is also an immune deficiency disease, with that being said, it caused her to be susceptible to lots of other things...in her case osteoarthritis in that knee and osteo-necrosis (growth of dead bone). We have tried all the meds to help it with no success, so now the last resort is to go in and scrape the dead bone (or as much as possible) out. There are no gel packs left in her knee, so she is total dead bone on dead bone. We are hoping after rehab this will provide her with some kind of pain relief :) DD is looking forward to it, it's been the only prospect of being able to be "somewhat normal" 15 yr old as far as pain levels.

sheramama
07-31-2011, 08:28 PM
It's MyTurn: Aw, your poor daughter! Much love and hugs from PA. I hope all goes well so the only problem she has is what outfit to wear and which boy to date :)

jillnicole03
08-01-2011, 12:59 AM
ItsMyTurn.. great job! Glad you added a pic, great smile :D

Sheramama... :hug: You did lose it just hasn't shown up yet :) & you still have done GREAT this month so don't you let it play with your head!
Yes, I will start the new challenge today so it's already for you guys!

Darius.. that is so awesome! One of my friends in the Air Force says he wants to go back to Japan to live for at least a few years when his tour is over too :)

FINAL JULY WEIGHT CHART, GREAT JOB EVERYONE!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/jillnicole03/3FC/3_JulyChallenge.png

jillnicole03
08-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Here is our new August Challenge for all chat link, which is also located in the same spot (Chicks up for a Challenge) :yay: :

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/239659-august-challenge-all.html#post3966283

ItsMyTurn
08-01-2011, 09:01 AM
sheramama - thank you so much! That would be a really nice adjustment for her to make :)

JillNicole - Thank you so much, your super kind words made me smile huge.

Moving over to August thread - Hope to see ya all there! LOL