South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday SBD Daily Chat 7/1

Happy July 1st, and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all our Canadian friends! And TGIF to all of us!

There, I think I covered everything. And before coffee, even.

Speaking of coffee, it's finally done. BRB!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Just a quick pop in because I'm a little crazed getting ready to go away this weekend. I have SO much to do still. I won't be around until we get back - hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, it's Canada Day! Ottawa will be jam-packed since Wills and Kate are there too for the celebration. I asked them out for a BBQ tonight but they declined. All sorts of things are going on in the Village today and over the weekend because it's one of those weekends when Canadians and Americans celebrate together. In the summer, Delta's population is half American.

Yesterday was another day of puppy-sitting for Donna while she spent the day with Ted at the hospital. Lulu is the most adorable creature but so small. She weighs about ten ounces and fits into my slipper. I worry about stepping on her. Maybe today I'll get my camera figured out and can take some pictures. My two dogs are being so good with this little fluffball although Jazz is a tad jealous of cuddle time. We'll fix that today before Lulu arrives.

Looks like a great holiday weekend coming up on both sides of the longest undefended border in the world!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning no coffee this morning because I need some blood work done. I discovered yesterday morning that they changed the rules so no coffee, even black, for 12 hours and no alcohol for 24 Cruel people.

Yesterday ended up with more lawn mower annoyance than I planned. It stopped working 20 minutes after I got it home so back to the shop it went. Hopefully it's okay now and I can get this lawn done today. Just the usual chores and maybe a bike ride on the list.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #5  

Oh, Cyndi, that's just wrong. I hope you can get in there early! In the meantime, I'll drink your share.

Ruth, Wills and Kate don't know what they're missing, passing up your invite. Enjoy the holiday!

Matilda, I hope you have a great weekend!

Housecleaning and laundry are on my agenda this morning. But it's nice to be able to just do it at my leisure. Most likely, someone will show up this afternoon to use the pool, and I may go for a dip, myself. This evening, Jake and I are going over to my DS's, where we can watch a super fireworks display right from the comfort of their yard.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Hi Jenn!

So someone was mentioning that we are now in the second half of the year. Yeesh - time flies! Off to the lake later so off the grid. I am bringing tons of OP snacks like fruit and veggies and am determined to eat those instead of all the crap that will be there. Exercise will be tough since we are in a heat advisory and I'll need to walk outside. I can do this. I can. I can.

Have a great weekend everyone. Will try to check in again before I go.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Travel day here...we'll go to the pool for water aerobics, go to DH's biofeedback appt, pack up the car and go (after some housecleaning). I'm so grateful that we always clean before we go. I know I'll walk into a clean house when we get over the hill today. After we unpack, we'll head to Denver to visit our pastor who had colon cancer surgery on Tuesday. A stop at Whole Foods for veggies and we'll be set for the weekend.

Linda, thanks for getting us started! Enjoy your leisurely day and fireworks tonight, too!

Cyndi, I hope you're joining in for coffee very soon! Drat on your lawnmower.

Karen, sending you for your lake visit!

Ruth, the little pup sounds so adorable! Sounds like you need to be careful when you vacuum around little Lulu! Happy Canada Day!

Jenne, welcome back! It will be great to "catch up"!

Matilda, have a fun weekend!

asphyxia, I think you should post on the daily. I always read later even if I'm too tired to "talk".

Sarah(FurnaceofAchievement), sophie, Pearlrose, Kristen(kmac) and to all the later posters! I need to pack my computer up shortly.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick check in again for me we are just so busy here at work. We have a re org that should be getting announced next week and I have my fingers crossed that I will be getting my boss's position. He would just be moving into a different position and we would still be working together. It would mean a very nice raise.

Welcome back to Jenn!!!!

Hello to everyone else sorry don't have time for personals. Have a great day everyone and Happy Canada day to our Canadian friends!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Happy Canada's Day to all you Canadian chicks. Celebrate our wonderful country.

Ruth - they are even missing the center of the universe.
Cottage - enjoy pool and fireworks tonight and maybe your glass of wine.
Matilda - safe wonderful weekend.
Cyndi - did you give that lawnmover a good kick.
Karen - ditto on the will power dust.
Jenne - glad to see you are you keeping well
Debbie - happy trails to you.
Everyone else, have a good weekend.

me - stepping on the scale made my day today. I am down 3 lbs and that is the lowest I have been in 6 years. Having said that we are going to a very special ice cream place today and I intend to have a baby scoop of ice cream (I love ice cream) with no cone. Celebrating with a bqq tomorrow but that should be no problem.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Day to all the Canadians!!!

And thanks for all the welcome backs. It feels good. While I haven't gained a lot, my body FEELS different. So it's back on the wagon this am.

Ruth - what losers! I'd be there in a heartbeat!!!
Cottage - Wanna come clean here too :-)
Matilda - enjoy the weekend!
Cyndi - no Coffee?!?!!? What is a chick to do?! I hope the appt. is early enough to enjoy one later...
Karen - second half?!?! I'm with you - where did the first go???
Pearl - Fingers crossed here too!
Sophie - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! OMG milestone!

As for me, here's the update: I am in the home stretch of my grad degree (in political management for those who wonder) - just two PowerPoints and a thesis to go. I am due up for a promotion at work (since April, I've worked 132 overtime hours!) come September, which is when the DW and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and I start traveling a lot for work. My dad didn't come to my graduation (I walked in May, pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4&l=ac499683b9) so we aren't on the best speaking terms (he didn't come because my sister did and he hasn't spoken with her in 12 years). My oldest nephew is coming to visit for 5 days next week and, well, that's it I think. Most of you are friends with me on FB and get my every day dealings.

Excited to be back!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #11  

Welcome back, Jenne! It's great to "see" you again!

Sophie, congratulations on the weight loss! Whoohoo! I hope your back is doing better, and enjoy your Canada Day ice cream treat!

Karen, just try to do as well as you can, and enjoy your weekend with your family!

Debbie, safe travels to you!

I have the last load of laundry in the dryer, and the house is all squeaky clean and sparkling again. Now, PLAYTIME!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #12  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Beach Babes!

Don't have time to chat - but it was nice to read through everyone's mornings. Have a wonderful Friday, Happy Canada Day, and safe 4th of July for those who are traveling!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Enjoy your day ladies. Safe travel Debbie. I will call you when I get home my dear. It's been too long.
Closed Thread