Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Default ZUmba!!!

So, I tried Zumba tonight for the first time...
and I'm sOLD!!!

I Absolutely Love it!!

Anyone else?! Success stories!?
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm interested in hearing any success stories as well. My gym offers it as a class & all classes are included in my monthly fee.
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #3  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Love, love, love Zumba. I do it at home online using you tube, soooo many fun songs and moves on you tube lol. The month I did zumba almost every day for 20-45 minutes and level 1 of 30 day shred for 12 days these were my results. I am working a lot now, hard work so no extra working out for me. Also, drank lots of water, dropped soda and cut sweets. Only 6 pounds lost that month, I didn't check inches but I could tell and so could some friends. http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/...Buttercup8587/

Do it! It's fantastic and if you're interested I have a playlist with tons on there on you tube. The girl in this video is uploading more soon, she's my favorite! you can go back and forward to check out the playlist it's 70 or 80 videos or something. That way I don't get bored! It took me about a month to do this video though, before using hers I had to do easier ones.

Well, I clicked my link and my favorite video got disabled in playlists from SME or something cause it hates me, I'll find a work around I always do!

Here is a link to the playlist instead! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9D0E08C9797268CB

Last edited by ButterCup85; 07-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Glad you found Zumba, mhill I found zumba Jan 2010 and am still doing it as a main exercise. The first half of 2010, I went to different dance studios (quit because my favorite group class was over an hour away). The second half of 2010 until now, I've been using the dvds and the xbox kinect for zumba workouts (just as effective, if you MOVE your body) I started in 2010 at 140 lbs and with zumba & clean eating, I've lost 25 lbs in about 1 year. I would strive to go 3-5x/week and half the time I'd stay for a 2nd class (strength/core training). So, zumba definitely works.. I'll vouch for that.. also its one of the funnest workouts ever (I've been a zumba fan for over 1 1/2 years and I STILL do it). I like that there's no proper "form"- your moves will look different than the person next to you (and that's ok). If you keep moving, you can easily burn 300-400+ calories an hour.

*Edit* Buttercup, your progress pics look so GOOD.. You can definitely see a difference. Keep doing what you're doing

I wanted to share a vid: http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...nt=zumba-1.mp4
(a class demo we did.. this was the favorite class over an hour away that I had to quit.. it was FUN- I'm in pink, very left)

Last edited by ferretgirl; 07-01-2011 at 12:46 PM.
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #5  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I have a friend doing that now, I want to but i'm broke.. youtube sounds like a fantastic idea though
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #6  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Buttercup--Did you hook your computer up to the t.v. or did you just use the youtube videos straight off your computer?

I have zumba kinect, but I really like some zumba videos on youtube. I just don't know how I would set up the computer where I can see the videos at the same time. If that makes any sense? Haha.
melni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #7  
amber

Ferretgirl- Thank you, I'm trying! lol

Melni- Nah I don't have the equipment or the techno smarts lol. I do it straight off my computer. Blast the speakers, in a tinyish room and make it work! you tube you can also do in full screen and shuffle the list. Depends on my mood. I like it because I can do it any time I want, not 1 or 3 times a week and I can pick what songs/moves I like as well. It's not only convenient, but free annnd fun annd I feel like it's class lol.
Maybe someone else can help yu out with the hooking it up, that'd be awesome if you could!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Buttercup, your playlist looks good! I'll watch more later. *edit* I noticed you're in Texas too. My favorite classes were in Dallas and Waxahachie if you're in driving distance of them

Avezy, someone posted the Zumba Cardio Party dvd online (a 45 min workout- it plays after the commercial ads), so you can watch it and try it out first (then if you like it, you can buy the single dvd for $10-$20 on eBay): http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAyNDYwMjky.html

As for the zumba dvds, Cardio Party and 20 Minute Express are my favorites. I saw the entire 6-dvd set for $40 (used/shipped) on Amazon and individual dvds for under $10 on eBay. Sometimes you'll see people selling their dvd sets for $40-50 on Craigslist.

I lent my sister my zumba dvds weeks/months ago and feel bad asking for them back, so I've just been using the kinect and recently found that video link.

Last edited by ferretgirl; 07-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melni View Post

I have zumba kinect, but I really like some zumba videos on youtube. I just don't know how I would set up the computer where I can see the videos at the same time. If that makes any sense? Haha.
How do you like Zumba Kinect? I was looking at that but it only got decent reviews. Had you done Zumba before you are doing it with Kinect?

I tried Zumba once and it would have been lots of fun IF I knew what the heck I was doing. I spent most of the class stumbling over my feet and feeling completely uncoordinated. I would really like to try to find something that TEACHES me Zumba moves at my own pace. I just don't know what would be best.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #10  
amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renwomin View Post
How do you like Zumba Kinect? I was looking at that but it only got decent reviews. Had you done Zumba before you are doing it with Kinect?

I tried Zumba once and it would have been lots of fun IF I knew what the heck I was doing. I spent most of the class stumbling over my feet and feeling completely uncoordinated. I would really like to try to find something that TEACHES me Zumba moves at my own pace. I just don't know what would be best.
It isn't so much about learning the moves at your pace. It's about moving, period. And, you will get the hang of it. It's surprising how fast you pick it up doing it 6 days a week. Try youtube!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Zumba classes differ so much based off the teachers. So try different classes until you find an instructor you like. I do zumba 3 times a week at the ymca and love it.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/232.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I have a Zumba game on my Xbox kinect. That workout is so fun and it really keeps you moving and sweating. Now I'm thinking of attending a class at my 24hour fitness.
hoping1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #13  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renwomin View Post

I really like it. I was a bit concerned about the reviews at first, but I think most reviews are coming from gamers rather than people who actually just want to zumba. The main screen is a bit hard to navigate, but other than that, it really gets you moving, which is what counts!

I haven't attended a zumba class yet, only kinect. Definitely makes me want to join a class, though!
melni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I have an advantage because my good friend is an instructor and convinced me to try it!!! Shes amazing and I can't wait to keep going!!!

Thanks so much guys I can't wait to check out these playlists!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #15  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I am so excited to start Zumba! I've just found several classes in my area. It is really right up my alley. I can't wait!!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote